Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Strange
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-389.jpg
image-168.jpg
image-546.jpg
image-304.jpg
image-371.jpg
image-724.jpg
2014-05-28-08-25-10--841929381.jpeg
thumbs up..jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

So for my 14th birthday yesterday, I received 3 gifts: two pinball t-shirts and a certificate to buy any pinball machine I wanted (for how well I did in middle school).

So I chose Star Trek Pro, another one of my all time favorites by Stern. I would've chosen Mustang or AC/DC but they never seemed as enjoyable to me as Star Trek Pro.

KLINGON JACKPOTTTT

#2 5 years ago

Wow... Nice!

#3 5 years ago

Congratulations!

#4 5 years ago

Cool! must have done pretty good. Happy Birthday!

#5 5 years ago

Must be nice. When I was a kid, I got a rock.

#6 5 years ago

You can't cash in the certificate instead? I'd take the cash and bank it.

#7 5 years ago

Awesome-keep up those grades-good stuff

thumbs up..jpg
#8 5 years ago

Good work on your schooling.

When I was a kid I was told if I wanted money to get a job. That was a response to me wanting something that cost like 20 bucks not 5K. So I started at 12

You are a very fortunate kid. Congrats on your new game and welcome to pinside.

#9 5 years ago

Very well done with your schoolwork.

Hug your parents a lot, they just went way above for you. Like ShootAgain, I started working paper routes at 10 to afford computer gear.

#10 5 years ago

2014-05-28-08-25-10--841929381.jpeg

#11 5 years ago

Congratulations! Keep up the good work in school and enjoy your new pin!

#13 5 years ago

Congrats!

#14 5 years ago

Very good. When I was a kid when I got good grades I didn't get a woopin.

#15 5 years ago

You should have held out for King Kong or Big Bang Bar!

#16 5 years ago

Good choice on ST pro ! Love mine !

#17 5 years ago

That's what I tell my wife. It's for the boy.
Congrats

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

2014-05-28-08-25-10--841929381.j... 6 KB

VERY lucky!

I am one of those kids who had a birthday close to Christmas.....so I always got the dreaded 'xmas/birthday gift' combo. The ultimate rip-off in the kid world

#19 5 years ago

No wonder I was not motivated in school, I did not have incentive like this.

Congrats!

#20 5 years ago

Awesome, enjoy. Best part is you'll get a whole new present this Summer when the Karl Urban code update drops!

#21 5 years ago

Congrats on a job well done, I also started working at 12 at the video store after school to afford the Things I wanted and I still work very hard at 42 to afford these overpriced boxes of lights lol but I still love them. Hug your parents they went above and beyond. I would have got a card and a candy bar lol.

Joe(acejedi)

#22 5 years ago

Congrats!

In the same boat as most of these guys when I was a kid, although our local arcade did offer free tokens for good grades each report card season. That was pretty sweet.

#24 5 years ago

Nice job man. That is an awesome birthday gift. You have also now beat me as the youngest pinball hobbyist I know. (age 16).

#25 5 years ago

Prediction: from now on the kid plays way too much pinball at home and his grades go in the toilet.

#26 5 years ago

As other have said, congrats on both the schoolwork and the gift. Keep up the hard work in school as it is so important, and not just for later potential careers.

You are very lucky to have parents that can afford such a nice gift and, along that line, I hope you are very thankful and humbled by this present from them. I also had parents that usually could not afford such gifts, but what my parents could give me they did out of love and I will forever love them back and appreciate them for it!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

KLINGON JACKPOTTTT

You chose....wisely

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

and a certificate to buy any pinball machine I wanted (for how well I did in middle school

So if you got bad grades would have they bought you Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout and forced you to play it until your grades improved?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

So if you got bad grades would have they bought you Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout and forced you to play it until your grades improved?

No, they would have bought him a Lethal Weapon 3

#30 5 years ago

I know at 14 I would have been super pumped to have gotten a NIB TAF!

I suggest you forget the pinball and save/invest the $ wisely. Spend the cash on a sweet ride to pick up the ladies when you turn 16

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Very well done with your schoolwork.
Hug your parents a lot, they just went way above for you. Like ShootAgain, I started working paper routes at 10 to afford computer gear.

Or Dad just convinced mom to get another pinball machine using his son's grades!!! Brilliant! I'm going to have to remember that one!

#32 5 years ago

nice score kid. Now get a job and save up for some mods

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Or Dad just convinced mom to get another pinball machine using his son's grades!!! Brilliant! I'm going to have to remember that one!

When my daughter was 3, she got a remote controlled quad-copter.....

I have no idea what you are talking about...

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know at 14 I would have been super pumped to have gotten a NIB TAF!
I suggest you forget the pinball and save/invest the $ wisely. Spend the cash on a sweet ride to pick up the ladies when you turn 16

I'd think if the parents are able to buy a NIB pinball game, they'll probably help with a car too.

Enjoy the pinball! ST is a lot of fun.

#35 5 years ago

Damn. When I was 14 and had all A's I was lucky to get my parents to drive me to pick up the newest Nintendo 64 game. Oh and I had to pay for it too. Good times!

#36 5 years ago

You guys are all being too politically correct. Doesn't anyone on here resent the kid getting expensive stuff handed to him? (And as a reward for just doing what he should be doing anyway.)

#37 5 years ago

If you ask me it's a great life lesson. Work hard to obtain your goals and you will be rewarded.
Resenting a 14 year old who was given a gift for good grades.....???..... that's just bad form.

Congrats on your new pin!

#38 5 years ago

You all realize this is just his Dad's way of getting a new pin, right?

"But honey, why don't we get me...errr...junior a new pin for his birthday if he gets really good grades this year! I mean, he's been a straight-A student his whole life, but you never know what might happen this year. As far as which one, I'll give him a list of three pins I've always wanted for him to choose from."

Congrats, kineticross! Enjoy!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You guys are all being too politically correct. Doesn't anyone on here resent the kid getting expensive stuff handed to him? (And as a reward for just doing what he should be doing anyway.)

He's a lucky SOB, no doubt, but I'm not going to worry about, let alone resent, someone for receiving an expensive gift.

#40 5 years ago

Congratulations. Keep up the good grades; it makes life a lot easier.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

so long as he respects his parents and understands that getting a 5k gift for being a 14 yo is far from normal then I see no reason to be resentful. His parents are allowed to what they want with their money. I just hope the OP realizes that growing up rich is a hard thing to overcome when attempting to become a well rounded person.

Don't take your life for granted and be sure to give back to those with less than you and it all works out most of the time.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so long as he respects his parents and understands that getting a 5k gift for being a 14 yo is far from normal then I see no reason to be resentful. His parents are allowed to what they want with their money. I just hope the OP realizes that growing up rich is a hard thing to overcome when attempting to become a well rounded person.
Don't take your life for granted and be sure to give back to those with less than you and it all works out most of the time.

Whysnow,

I completely understand what you're saying. I know that my parents can buy what ever they want because they have more money than me, and I know that Star Trek may be my only machine. But one great machine is better than 20 terrible ones. And I am giving everyone in my school proper respect and emotions.

- Kineticross

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Whysnow,
I completely understand what you're saying. I know that my parents can buy what ever they want because they have more money than me, and I know that Star Trek may be my only machine. But one great machine is better than 20 terrible ones. And I am giving everyone in my school proper respect and emotions.
- Kineticross

Good job son! Your aces round here. Now speaking of respect.... Go get my some skittles! Just playin' booooooooy! Congrats!

#44 5 years ago

Work harder and you could have gotten the LE

#45 5 years ago

Great machine choice! I have a similar deal in place with my dad when I graduate college. I was deciding between MMR and Hobbit, with a caveat being I couldn't play the game until I graduated next May. Ended up choosing Hobbit because I'm sold with JJP and couldn't have a MMR sitting in my house for 8 months unable for me to play it.

#46 5 years ago

Damn! What do you get when you graduate high school? A house?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Damn! What do you get when you graduate high school? A house?

Probably a Boxster, M3 or an Exige. Those seem to be the most popular cars for the high school seniors in our area who already have everything else.

#48 5 years ago

Congrats dude!! If I got my TSPP at 14, ugh, that would have been epic!!

#49 5 years ago

BUMP:

My Star Trek is arriving NIB on Saturday! Does anyone have ideas for good mods?

#50 5 years ago

that's one hell of a gift. enjoy, great game.

tmezel mod for your warp ramp insignia = WARP RAMP LIGHT DIFFUSER

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside