Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3026 (resized).JPG
    ptbg_hex_key_set (resized).jpg
    e135422462cc4c71dd7df41f6431d9bb8cb6858f (resized).jpg
    allen_hex_set_1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Well, I stopped by the local sears today to grab a set. The place was deserted, as usual.

I found the set, but it wasn't marked for the sale price. I wandered around and eventually found a bored looking employee putting random items back on shelves from a cart.

He agreed to let me have the sale price since it was shown on the website.

When he went to ring me up, he moved from one register to another muttering that each one wasn't working. Finally getting to the fourth register. However, after entering the sale price as a price match, he needed a manager to authorize it.

He called for one on the PA system, but after a few minutes nobody showed up. Then he went looking for the manager and was gone for a few more minutes. He came back and said the manager was outside and would be back in a minute. Then a group of five guys walk in from a side door loudly chatting abut video games.

I finally finish the transaction and make it out of there.

It sure wasn't the quick dash in and out I in tended it to be. Good grief After all that, I don't feel like I got a bargain.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

You have described my last couple interactions with "regular" shopping at Sears down to the detail.
    [x] Item not on sale and not ringing up on sale.
    [x] Register not working.
    [x] Runaround to find a manager.
    But, my last such interaction was > 1 year ago. Since then, I just order things online for store pickup. The pickup process is actually relatively smooth. There's even a timer that shows how long you've been waiting.

I considered placing an order online, but thought it would be more of a hassle than just picking it up at the store. Boy, guess I was wrong there, lol

I maybe see the inside of a Sears once or twice a year.

It sure makes me appreciate good customer service at other stores a bit more.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

The Sears ones linked do NOT include a 9/64 commonly used on Gottlieb machines.

Well darn.

I work on a lot of gottlieb games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/14-piece-genuine-allen-t-handle-set-17?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.