2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3026 (resized).JPG
    ptbg_hex_key_set (resized).jpg
    e135422462cc4c71dd7df41f6431d9bb8cb6858f (resized).jpg
    allen_hex_set_1 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

When you are tired of those L hex keys chewing up your fingers....or when you really have to bust a Bally flipper free.

Lifetime warranty.

$2 more than the cheap HF sets, this is a quality Allen set:

http://www.sears.com/allen-14pc-t-handle-hex-key-set/p-00914016000P?sid=IAx20050830x000545&aff=Y&PID=4485850&AID=11044874&utm_medium=1122587_4485850_11044874

allen_hex_set_1 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

love these. I use mine almost daily

#3 2 years ago

I have a set like that that has both kinds in one fold open case.
    Love them.

#4 2 years ago

Bummer they don't appear to be ball end.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mark_in_PA:

Bummer they don't appear to be ball end.

Yeah, I have the Craftsman T-handle standard set with ball-ends. For $2, just get that set
    http://www.sears.com/craftsman-7-pc-standard-t-through-handle-ball/p-00946383000P?rrec=true

You won't need the metrics for common pinball tasks anyways.

#6 2 years ago

Dam. Vid you need to find some sponsorship for your promotions. From your Incredible restoration guides to your amazing support guidance you are invaluable to this hobby but dam if your not costing me a Fortune! lol If you say I need it I'm off to the store shopping. After reading your entire playfield restoration documentary I now have a complete spray booth and restoration setup! All my wife needs to hear is "Vid said we need to get this!" and she shrugs her shoulders and laughs. I will note that she has never disagreed with it though as she has Also read every post you share with us and you have inspired her masters in art degree to a new level. My hobby is now Our hobby and my playfields have Never looked better!! Thank you sir, some day I hope I can thank you personally by your real name and buy you a drink. For now, thank you sincerely Mr Vid1900.

#7 2 years ago

Well, I stopped by the local sears today to grab a set. The place was deserted, as usual.

I found the set, but it wasn't marked for the sale price. I wandered around and eventually found a bored looking employee putting random items back on shelves from a cart.

He agreed to let me have the sale price since it was shown on the website.

When he went to ring me up, he moved from one register to another muttering that each one wasn't working. Finally getting to the fourth register. However, after entering the sale price as a price match, he needed a manager to authorize it.

He called for one on the PA system, but after a few minutes nobody showed up. Then he went looking for the manager and was gone for a few more minutes. He came back and said the manager was outside and would be back in a minute. Then a group of five guys walk in from a side door loudly chatting abut video games.

I finally finish the transaction and make it out of there.

It sure wasn't the quick dash in and out I in tended it to be. Good grief After all that, I don't feel like I got a bargain.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, I stopped by the local sears today to grab a set. The place was deserted, as usual.
    I found the set, but it wasn't marked for the sale price. I wandered around and eventually found a bored looking employee putting random items back on shelves from a cart.
    When he went to ring me up, he moved from one register to another muttering that each one wasn't working. Finally getting to the fourth register. However, after entering the sale price as a price match, he needed a manager to authorize it.
    He called for one on the PA system, but after a few minutes nobody showed up. Then he went looking for the manager and was gone for a few more minutes. He came back and said the manager was outside and would be back in a minute. Then a group of five guys walk in from a side door loudly chatting abut video games.
    It sure wasn't the quick dash in and out I in tended it to be. Good grief After all that, I don't feel like I got a bargain.

Sadly this type of service and lack of improvement over Many years is one of the reasons Sears is at the last step of backruptcy and the end of a previously amazing shopping place. I remember when just the thought of a tool purchase meant a trip to Sears. Now, it's pretty much the Last place people consider for anything other than a means to cut through to get to the mall. Sad another American dinasty will die off.

#9 2 years ago

The Sears I like to remember was buying tools and dyed red pistachios by the pound.

e135422462cc4c71dd7df41f6431d9bb8cb6858f (resized).jpg

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You have described my last couple interactions with "regular" shopping at Sears down to the detail.

[x] Item not on sale and not ringing up on sale.
    [x] Register not working.
    [x] Runaround to find a manager.

But, my last such interaction was > 1 year ago. Since then, I just order things online for store pickup. The pickup process is actually relatively smooth. There's even a timer that shows how long you've been waiting.

#11 2 years ago

Big fan of T handle. Harder for me to misplace/lose, lol.

#12 2 years ago

SAE 10 piece, never needed the last four wrenches for pinball.

ptbg_hex_key_set (resized).jpg

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

You have described my last couple interactions with "regular" shopping at Sears down to the detail.
    [x] Item not on sale and not ringing up on sale.
    [x] Register not working.
    [x] Runaround to find a manager.
    But, my last such interaction was > 1 year ago. Since then, I just order things online for store pickup. The pickup process is actually relatively smooth. There's even a timer that shows how long you've been waiting.

I considered placing an order online, but thought it would be more of a hassle than just picking it up at the store. Boy, guess I was wrong there, lol

I maybe see the inside of a Sears once or twice a year.

It sure makes me appreciate good customer service at other stores a bit more.

#14 2 years ago

Never go into Sears anymore. The moment I walk in I can just feel the aura of failure. Poor displays, merchandise availability spotty, no employees, decor that is 20+ years out of date....

#15 2 years ago

The Sears ones linked do NOT include a 9/64 commonly used on Gottlieb machines.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

The Sears ones linked do NOT include a 9/64 commonly used on Gottlieb machines.

Well darn.

I work on a lot of gottlieb games.

#17 2 years ago

The bad Sears experience is the same as the bad Kmart experience.

Kmart was ALWAYS cheaper than Walmart, no matter what brainwashing the ad men did on you.

But:

1. No one wanted to wait in that line

2. No one wanted to wait in line while the cashier waited for a sale price lookup.

So a retail giant went out out of business basically because each store needed 2 extra cashiers and a sales flyer at each register.

#18 2 years ago

Thanks Vid. Picked up a set after showing them the price on their website.

#19 2 years ago

Picked up mine today. Was very simple to order and have shipped to your store. Thanks for the info Vid!

#20 2 years ago

I don't know what sears y'all been going to but the ones around here are awesome. Sign up for their "points" program and they send you free bonus points all the time. You go online and pick out what you want and order. You get a email you scan when you go to pick up at their machine and within minutes (literally) they bring your stuff right to you. if you are to lazy to walk in you text and they bring it right to your car. I needed another ratchet for the little car last week and the set was cheaper than just a ratchet. With my "free $8 with a $8 purchase points" I got this set for $2. I have been buying up tools with their "points" like crazy. Oh, free shipping to your store if not in stock.

IMG_3026 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 44.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Forever
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 72.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 109.99
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside