(Topic ID: 139156)

13th Annual Pinball Party invite...Please RSVP

By Dayhuff

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dayhuffs_017.jpg
    Dayhuffs_015.jpg
    Dayhuffs_026.jpg
    Dayhuffs_119.jpg
    20151107_1611561.jpg
    IMG_7772.jpg
    IMG_7788.jpg
    IMG_7759_1280x960.jpg
    IMG_7779_1280x960.jpg
    _MG_0577.png
    _MG_0578.png
    _MG_0567.png
    _MG_0568.png
    _MG_0569.png
    _MG_0570.png
    _MG_0576.png
    There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Looking forward to the road trip and Pinball Party.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from leesparts:

Looking forward to the road trip and Pinball Party.

+1

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from daveispinball:

Amazing!
    I'm curious... What do you estimate an electric bill for 70 pins runs? I guess they aren't on all the time. Awesome collection. Wish there was someone like you closer!!!

I'd guess for the 12 hour event, plus time leading up to, all the lights in the house and garage etc it adds $125.00 to the normal bill.

The VFW pinball event, last year with about 260 games over three days plus all of the neon signs and other lighting and climate control was quite expensive. The electric meter was funny to watch when there was a moment between keeping the games running and the host occupied.

#54 8 years ago

Plus there will be pork butt!
    4-pulled-pork-recipe.jpg4-pulled-pork-recipe.jpg
    10985914_1449969615313585_2398732394886793897_n.jpg10985914_1449969615313585_2398732394886793897_n.jpg
    22196_1449969618646918_5424996966210167653_n.jpg22196_1449969618646918_5424996966210167653_n.jpg

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from GrueLurks:

Plus there will be pork butt!
    4-pulled-pork-recipe.jpg
    10985914_1449969615313585_2398732394886793897_n.jpg
    22196_1449969618646918_5424996966210167653_n.jpg

my mouth is watering just looking at that...

#56 8 years ago

This weekend is going to be awesome.
    Pinwars on Friday
    Super hella awesome Party at Dayhuff's super hella awesome house on Saturday
    Back to Pinwars on Sunday

#57 8 years ago

If anyone is wondering what food is easy and good to take to a pinball party, I recommend the Jimmy Johns in Battle Creek.

I plan to stop there before heading to the party.

Everytime we take subs to Dayhuff's party, they get devoured.

See you at the party.

#58 8 years ago

I'll be bringing a couple trays of lasagna around 4:30

#59 8 years ago

Yes! Looks like I am in for the first time in a few years!
    See you all there!

#60 8 years ago

I've never been, looking forward to tomorrow.

#61 8 years ago

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
    Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated
    Just get me to the airport put me on a plane
    Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane
    I can't control my fingers I can't control my brain
    Oh no no no no no
    Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go....
    Just put me in a wheelchair, get me on a plane
    Oh no no no no no
    Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-o I wanna be sedated
    Just put me in a wheelchair get me to the show
    Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco
    I can't control my fingers I can't control my toes
    Oh no no no no no
    Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go...
    Just put me in a wheelchair...
    Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-oh I wanna be sedated
    Just get me to the airport put me on a plane
    Oh no no no no no
    Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go....
    Just put me in a wheelchair, get me on a plane
    Oh no no no no no
    Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-o I wanna be sedated
    Just put me in a wheelchair get me to the show
    Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco
    I can't control my fingers I can't control my toes
    Oh no no no no no
    Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go...
    Just put me in a wheelchair...
    Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be sedated

EXACTLY....see you tomorrow Rob. I'm excited, this is my first time.

#63 8 years ago

A party ? Who's having a party ??.....I'm having a party ?!!? You guys are way waayyy off...., that was a year ago. So you missed out for sure. O'wait a minute..........Ummm,... "Honey is it that time of the year again already?" HOLY CRAP I'VE GOT ALOT TO DO !!! I better get busy.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#64 8 years ago

What an awesome event! Wish I was closer.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

If anyone is wondering what food is easy and good to take to a pinball party, I recommend the Jimmy Johns in Battle Creek.
    See you at the party.

Scott, I've done this for the past several years. The location with the weird parking lot access. Great minds think alike

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

EXACTLY....see you tomorrow Rob. I'm excited, this is my first time.

Don't worry. We'll be gentle.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

See you at the party.

Fasting for the party is a good idea...lots of good food!

#68 8 years ago

Sadly there will be no smoked pork butt due to a power outage last night. Electric smokers are great but not when you lose power. Sorry!

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from GrueLurks:

Sadly there will be no smoked pork butt due to a power outage last night. Electric smokers are great but not when you lose power. Sorry!

Just bring it raw. I'm sure we will be fine.

Pete

#70 8 years ago

Got there right at the start of the party in time to snap a few pics before it got crowded. Thanks again John and SuAnn!
    _MG_0576.png_MG_0576.png
    _MG_0575.png_MG_0575.png
    _MG_0570.png_MG_0570.png
    _MG_0569.png_MG_0569.png
    _MG_0568.png_MG_0568.png
    _MG_0567.png_MG_0567.png
    _MG_0578.png_MG_0578.png
    _MG_0577.png_MG_0577.png

#71 8 years ago

Even though there is 15 minutes left in the party tonight, here is the video I took at the party. In the past videos, I focused on the machines. This time around, I looked at some of the awesome signs and toppers that decorate the place.

After the video is over, I took pictures of the pinball machines. Sorry some of them are blurry. The flash was so harsh in the basement and the slightest movement caused a blur. I hope these pictures encourage you to visit next year's party.

At the end, there are pictures of those who won the "Zen Tournament." This casual game is when two people share one machine (one hand per person on each flipper). The difficulty is that the pairing is random and the game is a secret until the very start of the tournament. The prizes were supplied by John Dayhuff, Laseriffic and LeesParts.com.

#72 8 years ago

John, thank you and SuAnn so much for opening up your awesome place to everyone for the great party. I can only imagine all the effort that goes into preparing for it. My wife and i had such a great time. It was also nice to be able to chat with you a little. I am already excited for next year. It was also awesome to be able to play some of your rare and, out of my price range games, that i probably wouldn't otherwise have a chance to play. It was also great to meet some of the other guys and to put faces with names. Marcus, it was really nice to catch up with you and to thank you for getting me back into this crazy hobby.

#73 8 years ago

John, thank you so much for the obviously hard work to throw a big open invitation party like this. Your room and collection were amazing. I had so much fun that if I wasn't with two other Cleveland area friends, I would've stayed until midnight and slept at the rest stops on the way home. It was very nice to meet you and it's great to see people like you in the hobby that have a collection such as this and are still very passionate about it. Looking to change the playfield, looking to upgrade a backglass and cabinet, etc.

Thanks to everyone else who helped John too. Such as pmWolf for running the Zen tournament, which was a lot of fun. Split flippers is a great casual way to play a tournament.

And it was nice to meet some of the Pinsiders I've seen on the forum only as avatars, although I played a lot more pinball than I did talking with anyone.

Wow, so many great pins. I've only been in the hobby for a few years so I really haven't seen many of those games rare or not and to be able to play a few games on most was a tremendous experience. Barracora ended up being my favorite. It has the same effect as Firepower does on me where I just had to have one more game, no another, no another. I hope I can add one to my collection one day. Big Bang Bar was a cool game too, it's too bad they didn't go into full production. I really liked the design. Iron Maiden was another one that I played more than a few games on. Oh, and Nags, what a fun EM. There are so many cool games out there that I haven't heard of, it was great to get some exposure to them yesterday.

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

WOW, what a great day !! The T-shirts were picked up today from the printer and there totally AWESOME !! Jeff Rumsey who did all the artwork including all the color selection and details it all from scratch really is a master at what he does, I mean these shirts are his best work to date and man do the colors POP !! If you didn't order one ahead of time your only chance now is to win one in the Zen tournament on Saturday.

That T-shirt was awesome and I would have bought one even though I didn't get to go. Sadly I heard about them too late.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Don't worry. We'll be gentle.

And you were..i didn't realize it was you running the tourny. thanks it was fun, even though the ball never even came close to my flipper..shane

#76 8 years ago

Great party as always, and SWEET pix GrueLurks!

#77 8 years ago

Thanks to John and SuAnn for once again opening up their home and allowing all us to visit. An awesome basement and collection (and the Corvette has a nice little hideaway too!), always a good time. Thank You.

Chris

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

And you were..i didn't realize it was you running the tourny. thanks it was fun, even though the ball never even came close to my flipper..shane

Oh man, I'm sorry. That Barracora was BRUTAL.

#79 8 years ago

I had a great time as well. Thank you John for opening up your collection to us.

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Oh man, I'm sorry. That Barracora was BRUTAL

I felt bad as my playing partner didn't even get to put a flipper on any ball. It was basically 3 insta-drains for us. I was plunging the ball, so I might bear some responsibility in that, LOL.

Actually, I think Shane up there a few posts was my partner. Sorry Shane!!!

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I had a great time as well. Thank you John for opening up your collection to us.

Sorry the N. Michigan guys missed you, Bruce. We left at about 7:30 or so...

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I felt bad as my playing partner didn't even get to put a flipper on any ball. It was basically 3 insta-drains for us. I was plunging the ball, so I might bear some responsibility in that, LOL.
    Actually, I think Shane up there a few posts was my partner. Sorry Shane!!!

i really dont think the plunging had anything to do with what happened to us. it was fun, and will try again next year. hopefully the game won't be quite as EVIL. and NO apologies necessary.

#83 8 years ago

Many thanks to John and SuAnn for hosting such an awesome party. It was great to spend the day playing pinball with my daughter. John's collection is simply amazing, every time I looked around while there or at a picture afterwords I see something I didn't see before. Already looking forward to next year.

#84 8 years ago

One more thank you to the dayhuffs for a great party and for answering the phone on a busy day so I could hookup with ron for a ride to this great event and wow to John's collection of memorabilia and the pins are awesome as well cheers to a great time

#85 8 years ago

I can't thank John and SuAnn enough for putting on such a phenomenal party, year after year. I know that not only did SuAnn make some great food for the masses, they also went out and provided drinks and TWENTY pizzas...in addition to everything else.

Quite simply, it's the best house party in the world.

Thanks to everyone who was there, (I know I'll get in trouble if I try to name/remember all the awesome people...I'm bound to leave someone out! Zerbam did bring some *amazing* shrimp gumbo and lasagna...so I do have to mention that, though) .

I know that my wife Julie was *pumped* to finally make the Zen tourney finals (she has never made it past the opening round, ever. She's been, like, 0 for Decade).
    IMG_7759_1280x960.jpgIMG_7759_1280x960.jpg

While she and her partner Matt came up just short and took second place, they still got really cool "Arcade" signs. (Side note: every time Matt held it up for the camera, the arrow pointed in a way that made it look like he was advertising his junk).
    IMG_7779_1280x960.JPGIMG_7779_1280x960.JPG

Thanks to all. (I am hoarse as heck from all the socializing and yelling. Good times).

Pete

#86 8 years ago

Here are some shots of the Zen winners, and finalists.

IMG_7772.JPGIMG_7772.JPG
    Winners Ryan and Sara...along with their sweet trophies provided by the awesome Joe Kace at Laserriffic. Man, he comes through for us every year.

IMG_7788.JPGIMG_7788.JPG
    This is the group shot of all the finalists, along with their swag!

Pete

#87 8 years ago

WOW, what can I say other then this was another one for the record books with over 180 people that came through in the 12 hours. Also thanks to those that participated in the "Just for fun" survey and the winner was the Spectrum game as being the game that people would most like to see a new playfield installed in. Another interesting statistic was the amount of games played on the Skill Roll, last year was just over 800 plays and this year was even more with 882 in what was actually less then twelve hours as it was down for about 40 minutes since there was a jam up of nickels in it at one point which made it unplayable but it got taken care and was up and running again...., still an amazing amount of play and I'm $44.10 richer...LOL...but not really.

Just wanted to say a HUGE THANKS to all that attended and especially to those that brought munchies and drinks for others to enjoy. Like Pete said there is a huge list of people to thank and I certainly can't remember them all so if I leave anybody out I apologize but you know who you are. Also thanks to those that participated in the "Just for fun" survey and the winner was the Spectrum game as being the game that people would most like to see a new playfield installed in.

Pete and Julie Mathis--As always Pete ran the Zen tournament and this year was on the Barracora game, which was a really quick tournament as the machine was only on a quick three ball game and of course nobody knew what the game was going to be ahead of time so it always adds to the excitement. All though nobody broke a million points (or even came close for that matter) it was still great to see people try to figure out how to play the game in the couple of minutes that they had on the game so they can maximize there score as best they can. For Pete it was a two hour tournament but he really runs his butt off trying to keep it all going and to get the people up to the game on time to keep things moving along and with the way the game played he barely had time during the short ball times. AWESOME job as always Pete, your the Zen tourney organizer king !!

Julie-- Spent most of her time upstairs helping out in the kitchen keeping the food, pop and water supply going for all of us. At one point early on the food table was looking a bit thin and Julie offered to make a food run and grab whatever she could find and came back with a bunch of goodies that really hit the spot and saved the day and I cant thank her enough for doing that !!

Jeff Rumsey--Once again Jeff hit it out of the park with his T-shirt design that he always does from scratch each year and spends so much time on it that I cant imagine all the hours he must work on these designs to get it right. This year was his best one yet and will be hard to top but I know we've already thrown so ideas out there for next years shirts and there's plenty of time for him to work his magic again. Thank you so much Jeff !!

Joe Kace at Laseriffic-- Joes makes the trophies each year and of course did another amazing job with the Barracora trophies this year, plus they were color changing LED style that had a really cool light show and a neat little remote control to mess with as well. Very nice Joe and if your not familiar with his work check out his website at Laseriffic.com

Marcus Anderson-- He has been doing many of the video's that you see of my place and Pete's and really knows how to show off a collection of games. I loved this years video which focused more on the décor of the basement and that was a nice change and I loved how the camera just seemed to graciously "float" around the room...pretty cool stuff. Thanks as always Marcus.

Ken Scharrer-- Ken brought some hand made key chains for donating to the Zen prize fund this year and they were even painted and personalized for this years event, really cool. Ken also helps out with my booth each year at PATZ and spends three days stuck in the booth with me and if that doesn't deserve a huge thank you I don't know what does.

Mick Gruelurks-- Mick had planned on bringing the pulled pork again this year but had a power outage the night before and he woke up with a lot of uncooked meat I'm sad to say. But he still brought his fish eye len's camera and took some really cool pictures of the games for others to see. Thanks Mick for all that you do each year !!

Scott Freeman-- Also would like to thank Scott for taking 175 pictures and sending me the link to check them out. Scott does some really cool picture's each year and the quality is superb to say the least. Thank you Scott and can we share the link ?

Sara and Matt-- This year they came over again on the night before the party and helped out with the prep work of not only in the kitchen but getting the garage set up as well. They also help keep the food and stuff going all day and keeping the pop corn popping. There a huge help the last couple of years and I'm glad there on board with us.

Lee from LeesParts.com -- Lee stepped up this year and brought TWO T-shirts as giveaway prizes for the Zen tournament which was really nice of him to do so. This is the first time I've meet Lee and he seems like a really cool guy so check out his website of goodies at www.LeesParts.com Thanks again Lee.

SuAnn--My wonderful wife to which we just celebrated our 20 years of marriage on August 12th. I cant say enough good things about her and of course without her the party would not happen each year. I love her so much and I'm very thankful that she is my wife and puts up with all this crazy pinball stuff each year that consist of not only the annual party but puts up with all the other year round pinball stuff. She is an AMAZING women to which I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with and sharing our love for not only pinball but everything else that we enjoy doing together. She deserves more credit for doing this then she gets so please when you see her next time just say thanks for doing what she does to help make this party what it is I'm sure she will like that.

I guess that's about it and if I missed anyone again I apologize but you know who you are and remind me if I did forget you and repost. Thanks again for the great food, great laughs and wonderful memory's this party always creates....which makes it all worth while. Looking forward to next year.

One last thing, if any one knows who brought the homemade salsa like dip that had the black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions ect...in it we would love to get the recipe from you as it was very good. Thanks.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#88 8 years ago

Man, I wish that stupid lake wasn't in the way!

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Sorry the N. Michigan guys missed you, Bruce. We left at about 7:30 or so...

Sorry I missed you guys too as I arrived later than usual. At about 7:50 this year. I was surprised that there still was plenty of pizza available.

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Sorry I missed you guys too as I arrived later than usual. At about 7:50 this year. I was surprised that there still was plenty of pizza available.

That's because the pizza arrived at 740.

(Pizza Hut took a bit longer than normal...but, again...twenty pizzas).

Pete

#91 8 years ago

Really sad I missed out on the fun this year. I know Barracora well too dang it all. Great to see the party is getting bigger and bigger which allows more people to experience the Dayhuff greatness.

#92 8 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

That's because the pizza arrived at 740.
    (Pizza Hut took a bit longer than normal...but, again...twenty pizzas).
    Pete

And I added a bunch of Jimmy John's mini subs to the food mix for the late crowd.

#93 8 years ago

I gotta make a weekend out of it one of these years cuz it is a bit of a drive.

#94 8 years ago

Thank you John and SuAnn!! My friend and I had a great time!! A 4 hour drive down from northern mi was well worth it!! Good to meet you and SuAnn, Pete M and see Kruz again...Your collection is just amazing along with all the bells and whistles surrounding them... Love the Tee and hope to make a "Dayhuff" weekend again next year!! Hopefully the wife will come next year! Greg (Here's a pic I got of you)20151107_161156[1].jpg20151107_161156[1].jpg

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

One last thing, if any one knows who brought the homemade salsa like dip that had the black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions ect...in it we would love to get the recipe from you as it was very good. Thanks.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

I think that's the dip we brought. Didn't have tomatoes in it, but red peppers and pimentos. i'll send you the recipe tonight when I get home. Like I told SuAnn when we got there, that dip is always a hit. Never take any back home.

#96 8 years ago

Sure, John.

Here is are links to the photo albums from your parties. Thank you again for the invitation, and hosting such great times.

https://goo.gl/t4PXna
    Dayhuffs 017.JPGDayhuffs 017.JPG

https://goo.gl/J2rprS
    Dayhuffs 015.JPGDayhuffs 015.JPG

https://goo.gl/UJINi3
    Dayhuffs 026.JPGDayhuffs 026.JPG

https://goo.gl/diAbME
    Dayhuffs 119.JPGDayhuffs 119.JPG

Anyone searching the albums
    if you find an image you want removed, please PM me here on Pinside. I won't always followup on threads.

also, please note that my friends and I arrive when John's party starts, and leave mid-day, so my photos don't capture the late attendees.

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/13th-annual-pinball-party-inviteplease-rsvp/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.