Topic Stats

• 4,247 posts - Hot topic!
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by DeathHimself
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 872 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

17424nx_hero (resized).jpg
20190405_175727 (resized).jpg
20190518_200634 (resized).jpg
img03 (resized).jpg
img02 (resized).jpg
img01 (resized).jpg
1313-mockingbird-lane (resized).jpg
Mockingbird-Lane-1313-Mockingbird-Lane-570x315 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 9.00.07 PM (resized).png
b1256d6bf7dece73548bcdf6ae8a2507 (resized).jpg
protec (resized).JPG
IMG_0944 (resized).JPG
IMG_0940 (resized).JPG
IMG_0933 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).jpg
IMG_1068 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zukram.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 3 months ago

Picked up our copy of the Munsters complete at Barnes and Noble.. Did not want to wait the 2 days for amazon delivery, this past weekend.. Was a little confused, as the first show shown was an original pilot.. A couple different actors, and at least one of the role names was different..

1 week later
#395 3 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

A his and hers model ?

1 week later
#655 3 months ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Has anyone heard a definite date they will receive their LE?

Not a specific date, but shipping this week.. Might arrive by end of week, or early next week..

#722 3 months ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Not a specific date, but shipping this week.. Might arrive by end of week, or early next week..

Heard that my LE is now expected late Feb early March.. So I wonder if mine just did not make the first shipment, or if the news of them shipping this week was just inaccurate.. Anyone else get updates on ETA for theirs ?

1 week later
#1056 82 days ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

LE on the truck for delivery today.

All this news about deliveries, my dealer still says not shipped yet out of stern...

#1061 82 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

All this news about deliveries, my dealer still says not shipped yet out of stern...

LOL, 5 minutes after I post this, I got the news that it is on a truck today, will be here Friday!

#1104 81 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Beautiful game MK and it looks great by that Munsters clock!

And under the stairs...

#1274 78 days ago

461 was delivered and setup today...

15514862621402687622427055608130 (resized).jpg
#1277 78 days ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

How do you clean the lower Mini PF glass. Mine came all dusty underneath. My OCD is kicking in. LoL. [quoted image]

Mine is noticeably dusty like this as well... Looks like it might not be too easy to do without removing the mini play field plexi-glass..

#1353 77 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The machine also feels very "solid"...hard to put my finger on it, but the build polish shows on this one, big time...
Wow, just wow!!!

I've noticed how solid and heavy the game feels as well esp when nudging / etc . Did look inside of mine, and noted tho bottom of the cabinet is plywood on mine. Rest of the recent games I have are not. Also on the inside, the bottom was not painted black.. Maybe later will stop playing to see if it is constructed a bit different..

#1354 77 days ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Any LE owners having any excessive metallic rattling from their shaker motors and any ideas what needs to be done? Got virtually no responses yesterday.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0f5fEtEvDFtx4

My shaker seems to have two levels of noise.. A normal level (based on other games I have shakers on), and a more brutal/loud level, here when I was able to hit spot a couple of times the game really rumbled, significantly more.. I did not notice a metallic noise with the shaker. The only time i heard something close to that is when hitting herman, the mechanism sometimes makes a clanging noise.. So I wonder if in your case it is a perhaps that mechanism being rattled ? Ive not really poked around under there yet, but i would imagine the amount of rattle this makes would be shaking that mech some, or perhaps another..

#1390 76 days ago

@JML / wackybrakke - I am pretty sure my right ramp registers just about every loop, adds a few seconds to play the first time, then after less and less.. But I hear the call outs 'you have more time'..

I did notice that i have to get a really clean shot to the center to get it to register a machine shot..

Also, anyone notice the ball, especially while traveling slow/medium speed, sorta catch and follow between the plexi-glass and play field.. Not sure how much of a gap or effect on the ball to expect there..

#1411 75 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Joined the club a couple hours ago with my LE (born on date 2/25/19). Still unboxing and setup, but I noticed already that the shooter lane ramp was beveled/filed from the factory.
[quoted image]

Very nice, mine was pre-beveled as well!

#1509 72 days ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Anyone have a solution for the ball launch. it's beating the heck out of my ramp. Hard to see in the photo but the bottom side is chipped already.
[quoted image]

See this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/29#post-4868475

LEs have been arriving with that part ground down a bit to prevent this. I believe others have contacted Stern or their distributor for the Pro models, and the recommendation from Stern was to use a Dremel or similar to do the same. Someone else on this board sunk this into their play field...

#1605 70 days ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Len Amin Monday. I payed it a lot today and noticed the the glass looking into the lower playfield was not flush with the playfield and changes the ball path.
Anyone else have this issue?

Mine is also not flush, and alters the path, especially when slow. Not sure if there is going to to be much I can do about it..

#1619 70 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s completely adjustable. Have you tried adjusting the screws? They have rubber bushings underneath so you can adjust the level.

Saw mention of that right after i posted, so now I am sure I can do something about it!

#1707 68 days ago

Darn! Have to adjust the glass again anyways..

20190311_193622 (resized).jpg
#1816 67 days ago

I have set my playfield flippers to "normal" and lower ones to "soft". Did not notice much of a difference on the upper field, but the lower play field is far less wild now.. Also pitched it somewhere around 7.2.. Also the glass over the mini play field was not close to matching the height of wood, and have tweaked it a couple times.. It is diverting the ball far less now than it had been, it may of been a source of air balls itself as it was like a little ramp around the entire perimeter.. Otherwise this game is really awesome to play, and I am starting to learn the rules.. Number one being to try and control every shot, seems like the game is nearly perfectly designed in a way that any slightly missed shot sends the ball right to the left or right drain.. Looking forward to after work to get another hour or more on it..

#1855 66 days ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Got about 5 games on in - love it! Game is different in cool ways!!
1. Fan is loud and goes off when game is just sitting - I guess this is normal? Not used to hearing the fan - I guess why that option of a quieter fan is out there.
2. Shaker also seems too violent to me. Love me my shakers but not when I think they are going to come apart or break my glass -lol.
3. When game is just sitting I heard some loud random bangs - like maybe flippers or something. Is this part of attract mode illustration or something I need to watch closer for?
4. On mini PF I hit the ramp to add time when lit but time did not add. I did have the flippers to normal and just turned to soft so will see if that makes a difference. Anyone else have this?
5. I love the match animation - however seems to go on very long with many channel changes - could be shorted up a tad.
Super happy with this game off the get!

1) Totally normal. There are a couple threads out there, where folks mounted larger quieter fans to move air through the power supply, this keeps the loud internal fan from activating..

2) There are options to lower the use of the shaker. Also I saw a few posts where folks adjusted the weights in the shaker to be less violent. Perhaps is something with this game, some shakers are extra violent..

3) There is an option in the menu to disable spot in attract mode. Otherwise he pops up every few minutes, that is the source of the noise.

4) Yes lots of folks, soft setting seems to keep ball in the mini playfield from flying wildly all abouts..

Also note for any of the options above, if you update the code on the game, you will need to go back in and re-adjust all of the settings..

#1908 66 days ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Anything seem missing? Can’t figure out why the LEDs won’t work.
[quoted image]

Really difficult to tell from the pic, but looks like a jumper is missing pin 2/3 (ill post a pic in a sec)

Otherwise..

Did you hop into the menu, and verify that the backbox led brightness was not set of 0 or off..

When you power up, do the LEDs come on for a moment then shut off..

#1909 66 days ago

Pic showing jumper..

20190314_145203 (resized).jpg
#1973 65 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

Has anyone removed the star screws to open the mini-playfield yet? Is it okay and easy to do that and put it back on?

I've done it a few times.. Loosen them somewhat evenly until you can pull up the glass. There are rubber orings under the glass on the screws, so just check you did not loose any when you lift it up. Then when putting it back on, tighten them just a bit (or as needed) to get the glass as flush to the play field as you can.. Overall it is fairly easy to do..

#1985 64 days ago
Quoted from lasermel:

LEDs being out could be a few different things: The LED driver circuit is bad, an LED is open (if they're wired in series), a voltage is missing, or a jumper missing from a 3 pin header.
Would be nice to get the schematics...hopefully soon.

These schematics ?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/520-7014-00A-SPIKE2-MPU-Module-brd.pdf

To someone highly technical they could be helpful, but at least for Munsters. Seems that jumper on the 3 pin header has been missing for a few people across threads now. Either somehow Stern missed placing it there, or they have been falling off in transit..

#1986 64 days ago

Finally got to MM on the new code. It was indeed exhilarating madness trying to track the mini and regular play field at the same time. When I tried to play the mini play field same time as the regular, I think the game detected I was doing that, and drained a dozen or so main balls at the same time, even though only 4 were in play.. I think perhaps next time I'll try to ignore the mini play field or just random hit the flippers down there..

#2003 63 days ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Why am I having trouble getting my Munsters le to update the new code... can someone help. Is it the tumb drive?? Format 32. Cleared thumb drive. Downloaded the spk 0.96 update. Transferred to thumb drive...game doesn’t recognize it. Do thumb drives go bad..? Beatles did this too. But Beatles eventually took

Did you unzip/uncompress the download and place that file onto the thumb drive ?
Any chance you grabbed the pro version by mistake ?
Does the game see anything at all, eg say to install the .96 update then fail ?
I saw mention that sometimes the builtin windows unzipper can create a bad file, and a 3rd party unzip tool might be needed ..

#2007 63 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am assuming everyone is saying option (B).
Both are level with the playfield - the difference is should you be level with the playfield like a 1/4 plus inch away from the wood beveled edge. You definitely can feel the plastic edge when running your finger over it doing it this way.

Mine I set more like A. When it came from the factory it was tightened much farther down than now, and used to divert the ball alot..

I reset mine by doing this:
Getting the play field like you have in B first
Then slowly lowered it just until i just could not feel the sharp plastic edge with my finger all the way around..

I had done it once and was really happy with it, then got a ball stuck on the lower, and then one of the mini play field flippers needed to be adjusted, sigh..
And after popping it on and off, got it back close to where I was happy, but will have to adjust some more.

My play field is also beveled, so there is not a way to make the plastic completely flush here..

#2046 63 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And finishing my evening of Saturday PB....can only say...those that have been bashing this game are simply wrong!!!!...a very, very fun time....great machine....

Agree totally! We had about 40 teenagers in the basement yesterday.. They really loved this game (and the others) got lots of awesome comments as they left! Pretty much heard it played non-stop..

#2125 60 days ago

I've had occasional issues with the mini - pf, after 0.96, where the mode does not fully end. Control is given back to the main playfield, but the display is stuck on grandpa's machine, and no scoring happens on the main pf.. Then eventually it ejects a second ball to the main PF, but as soon as one drains the flippers shut off.. Has happened 2-3 times so far..

#2141 60 days ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Hey Zukram, as I shared earlier, mine did that only once so far after the last update. When I contacted Stern, it seemed like it was the 1st time that had heard of this problem. Be sure to email Tech Support so they realize this is not an isolated incident and figure out what the cause is, instead of using a process of elimination by sending out new SD Cards and CPU's as they are doing with me. Still love this game tho!

Filed a bug report..

#2153 60 days ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Had same issue on my le after .96 update. Screen froze on grandpa machine. Dragula holding ball.... ball search then ends turn after release. Code issue????

Yes definitely a code issue. You should report it by sending an email to:
"bug.report@sternpinball.com"

Several of us on this board have done so already, hopefully they will look into and correct it in the next release..

#2202 58 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Found another code bug for .96. The starting skill shot ten second clock never starts and the shot disappears after 2 seconds and therefore can never be hit. I sent a bug email. Hopefully they fix these soon. Anyone else notice this?

Hrmm .. The one where you hold the left flipper and up the right ramp , or do you try and short plunge and then up left ramp ?

I had not noticed this one before, but there are some shots that if you hit them will cancel the skill shot..

#2253 54 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

what broke? All the wires looked soldered. Did the internal guts of the cherry switch die?

Looks like a center contact snapped off almost flush with the platic housing of the switch ?

1 week later
#2531 47 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, I’m getting freezing quite regularly- mostly after grampas basement. The Machine screen gets frozen and nothing else registers. Is that what everyone else is getting?

Yeah probably, if you pop a ball into dragster, eventually does a ball search, may autolaunch one or more balls.. Then if anything drains, turn ends.. Kinda a bummer when this happens on a good game..

2 weeks later
#3116 33 days ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

The screw striping seems more related to using an allen head vs the correct Torx bit to remove the screws.

I had one screw from the factory that was really difficult to get out. I had to use far more force than I was comfortable to get it the first time. Afterwords it was ok.. Otherwise, a proper sized torx bit fits snug in all these, and I had no concern about stripping the heads at all..

4 weeks later
#3972 4 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Munster Madness: I keep reading that both play fields are active during MM. It is not this way on my LE. The lower flippers work but they are always active. But I see no lights and no balls on the mini-play field during MM.
Thoughts?

What version of code are you on ?

#4047 3 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I placed a trouble call to Stern regarding this mimi-play field action. I have not upgrade my code yet. I 'm still on .91. The Stern guy who took my case saYs I need to upgrade my code and the problem should go away.

Yes it was a release after .91 that enabled simultaneous upper and lower playfield play..

#4093 3 days ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

people also talked about the right hand side drain being a little wider than the left.......plan to install a black washer that is slightly wider than current one shown in picture........just to reduce the drainage a little ....easier and simpler than moving the post, and I am nothing if not lazy!
[quoted image]

Someone else posted instructions on how / where to drill a new hole to really even left and right out

#4120 2 days ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I wonder if I did something wrong last time ..

You didn't do anything wrong.. 1.0 is the first version from Munsters to save settings from the previous version.. Although I am not sure if it would save settings if you upgraded from something previous 0.99..

#4121 2 days ago
Quoted from gac:

Here are the pics of plastic #79 and #80. Does anyone know where these go? Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

To me they just looked like extras plastics, I have these also in the goodie bag. They match the lower playfield ones..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
8,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Canton, OH
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
8,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, OR
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Lermods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zukram.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside