Topic Stats

• 5,524 posts - Hot topic!
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,091 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

c12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-20-22-53-46-1 (resized).png
BC5920F5-C1AB-44A8-81ED-5B37B701040E (resized).jpeg
grandpa-munster-deluxe_the-munsters_gallery_5c4ddee603cfe (resized).jpg
IMG_20190815_191445228 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190815_180758243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190815_180846016 (resized).jpg
Pro Rule Card 2 (resized).jpg
Pro Rule Card 1 (resized).jpg
Prem-LE Rule Card 3 (resized).jpg
Prem-LE Rule Card 2 (resized).jpg
Prem-LE Rule Card 1 (resized).jpg
Custom Premium (resized).jpg
Custom Limited (resized).jpg
Cusom LE 2 (resized).jpg
Color Coinage Card (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 7 months ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

If someone wants to buy one of my kidneys I'll join.

I had a rough weekend so future options are always a thought. Is it an LE or a Premium?

#30 7 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

As a future LE owner, what does the community think of Stern now adding in another 100 LE machines. So instead of 500 it will now be 600 machines (according to Kaneda podcast).
If this is true does it devalue your LE? Does it piss you off?
Should we email distributors and Stern and complain about pulling this fast one in LE owners.
If we are honest this will have an small negative affect on value of LE long run.

I would Strongly recommend taking that Rumor and where is came from with a Large grain of salt. I highly doubt Stern would change everything published to date and in this example I suspect the Premium is going to sell a Lot of units. I am sure there were other titles like Batman66 LE, and Maiden LE where they Wish they could go back and change the offer quantity but didn't. Pinside tends to take offhand blog posts as fact sometimes.

#33 7 months ago

Whats that crazy Grandpa doing in the Laboratory Now!! Introducing the Munsters "Spark Generators" Mod! Custom electrical generator lenses with bolt pattern mounting base. Each lense is carefully polished to carry the flasher lighting all the way to the polished mini chrome ball topper. Fits on any and all of the flasher domes to complete that laboratory look Grandpa loves so much. Kit is Easy to install and comes as a Set of (2). It's alive...... and available NOW from our Website Store. Thanks for everyones interest and support!!!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#34 7 months ago

The 1313 Mockingbird home is a spider haven! Complete the look with the New Mod Couple Scary Spiders custom flipper bat kit! Set of (2) custom made and individually painted flippers with detailed 3D Webbing and of Coarse a scary 3D spider to watch you play! Fear not the spider is molded rubber so he won't be going anywhere! Simple and reversible install. Complete the look and flip in style! Fits ALL models! Scary spiders oh My!!! Available NOW from our Website store!! Thanks for everyones support and interest!!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#35 7 months ago

No home is complete without an irritating Grandpa Bat flying around the house! Introducing the "Batty Grandpa" custom flying Mod! Just in time to torment Herman Munster. This highly detailed flying figure is custom made and each is hand painted with just a touch of color to fit all game models. Mounted on a formable wire spring, he subtly bounces as if he was Flying through the house! Best location is to the right of Herman to give him a slight flasher effect. Simple installation using the games mounting screw post. He's Flying off the shelf to a Munster game near you! Available Now from our Website Store!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).png
1 week later
#128 7 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Too funny!!! Congrats....Win/win

Close. Thats a Win, Win, Win! Great games (2) and a winning wife that is on board and wants the same. Score!!

#133 7 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Thanks!
41 plus years..Awesome Gal
She let me get monster mansion slot machine...(distant cousin to the mbr LE) been a crazy time lately.

Very cool congrats to you both. Didn't get to see what the photo was but it sounds like she has the same taste as my wife for slots. Have several now lol.

#156 6 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Where can you pick that up at?

Easy enough to find just need to do it Off forum post for IL. Go to newlifegames.com forum and say your looking for one and your PM will be full. lol They talk slots/support like we talk pinball.

#158 6 months ago

It's Time for the Munsters Raven Clock! (Not a topper lol) Wouldn't be the Munster lair without that quirky raven character. Highly detailed and airbrushed to true theme. Each mod has illuminated clock face and raven door. Raven detailed down to the scary red eyes! Simple install plug and play on the left side rear lane adjacent to the Raven sign. Don't be late for Munsters, its Raven Time! Available now from our website store. Thanks So much for everyones support!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#159 6 months ago

For the Munsters Pro, Premium, or LE. Save the art, Not the dimples!!
Improve the look of this Beautiful playfield and add some protection to both the playfield and that dimpling magnet plate! The Munsters Electric Mag Protector is a laminated decal cover along with a secondary custom oversized mylar protector. Both have clean cut center access to eliminate mylar shredding and faulty ball grabs. (Hmmm) I think it gives the playfield a great theme look while protecting those ugly metal disk dimples and the top cover protects both while extending Over the magnet perimeter to protect the playfield to metal roll over. It really looks great, rather easy to install, and the price is very reasonable. This product qualities for free shipping ground! Color OR Black and white versions also available. Available now from our website store! Thank you All for your support!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).png
#162 6 months ago

The Mod Couple is closing in on a tribute to the Adams family scoop with our Grandpa Munster Electric Chair complete with game integrated illuminated electrodes! Scary..... Still need to install his electric chair cap for a finishing touch but VERY close!!! Tried to keep the paint color fitting for both the B/W as well as the beautiful color versions. Grandpa is the star, he should be presented in style!!! Available from our store very soon! We are so loving this game!

The Mod Couple

IMG_2007 (resized).jpgIMG_2009 (resized).jpg
#175 6 months ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Never bought a LE till now so I’ve never followed threads on a game at release closely.
Wow man a lot of bashing happening I don’t get it.

Welcome to Pinside... lol Sadly 90% of the people with an opinion have yet to play it. I am looking forward to it personally.

#220 6 months ago
Quoted from mpnox:

I'll find that out for you...
[quoted image]

Congrats. I guess I didn't realize (notice) that the Pro model doesn't have the LED light tree plastic on the left Raven ramp? Why would that be as it doesn't seem specific to the LE and Premium as far as modes?

#226 6 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Inserts cld not b on the playfield bc of the lower playfield..... pro dont have it so insert lights are on the playfield.

Oh. I was referring to this sign to with LED's to the left or Herman. Had not noticed it was not on the Pro.

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.45.42 PM (resized).png
#228 6 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Correct ... the premium /le have those signs above both ramps bc the inserts are not on the playfield.

Ah gotcha that makes sense had not noticed that.

#241 6 months ago

The Munsters Custom 1313 Mockingbird Lane Shooter plate mod. Be warned you are plunging into a world of Fun with The Munsters. This simple yet highly detailed add on is a fitting theme piece to enter the Munsters home! Airbrushed and hand detailed in bronze down to the scary spider web accents. Simple and reversible installation. Knock on the door for a cool looking mod! Available now from our Website store. Thanks as always for all your interest!!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#245 6 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Could we get it detailed in Silver?

That was taken with a flash photo so it looks more gold then it really is. It's actually more of a bronze color to match the correct door knocker. You could easily repaint it any color you like but for now we need to stay the coarse with the wood and bronze look. Thanks for the input though!!

The Mod Couple

#260 6 months ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everyone ,
Very happy with my munsters pro but a little problem if someone can help me. I already did two full install of the 0.9 code and reset. I have 8 technician alert when I go to the service. The alert concern switch that doesn't exist !! Thanks for help
[quoted image][quoted image]

Crazy question as I don't have the game yet but is there any chance you downloaded the update for a Premium or LE instead of the Pro? My guess is that code would be searching for options not available on your Pro?

#274 6 months ago

Put in several hours on the Munsters this weekend and it lives up to all the hype I hoped for! What a beautiful game. I will say it does play Fast, this is not an easy pin granted I'm an average at best player. Really fun. Plus had a chance to play test the Grandpa Electric Chair Mod and Raven clock to verify some of the instructions. Decided last minute Grandpas chair is just not complete without a PlayGoul Magazine on the armrest so I will be adding that tonight to complete the overall look and make the final adjustments so this can fly this week. Really an exciting game, SO looking forward to my LE soon I hope.

IMG_2063 (resized).jpgIMG_2081 (resized).jpg

#276 6 months ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everyone ,
Cool if this technician alert are nothing .
Big other problem , when Herman magnet say hit the ball, my Herman keep the ball five seconds and release hit before I got the ball and begin the 2 ball hurry up. If I kick with a ball Herman it start the multiball three ok.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rb5eVFUKpa32SRxG6
Can someone help me, my seller has the same problem with his pinball and think it came from code or playfield protector (someone put one in an other forum and have no problem with playfield protector)

Its the playfield protector. Not needed loose it!

#283 6 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

yelobird, did you try / test mounting the clock to that back wall versus sitting on the playfield ? Would that work ?

You certainly could. The location I installed it would work for any of the models and doesn’t block any of the shots or art. Really looks great lit up in that corner.

#287 6 months ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Anyone have suggestions as to where to order a Pro from at the best price? Located in So Cal.

My money is on the New owner Zach at Flippen Out Pinball. A+ treatment from price to delivery. He even through in a John Deere hat with my LE order! lol

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com

#289 6 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can see Zach now. You walk into his store and here he comes wearing his John Deere or DEKALB hat, cowboy boots and a dip in holding a spit cup and says....yessir can i help ya?

Yeah with Gregs mom on his arm. lol

#335 6 months ago

There's always something spooking going on in the Munster house. Introducing the Munsters "Googly Eye" custom 3D pop bumper cap mod! Scary detail fitting of this amazing game. Hand made Glass retina for true authenticity with fine airbrush details to complete the look. Simple install and designed to illuminate from the stock pop lamp for full scary glowing eye effect!! Keep an eye on this product available Now from the Mod Couple store!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).png
#343 6 months ago

Bring Grandpa Munster to LIFE with the Mod couple "Electric Chair Grandpa" custom illuminated Mod! Extremely sculpted and detailed literally from head to toe. Each mod is hand painted to meticulous detail. Know when to shoot for Grandpas laboratory when the electrodes on his chair (tied to the Grandpa scoop) light up his chair! No detail was overlooked from his electrode helmet to his naughty Playghoul book on his armrest. Fitting and color neutral pattern to fit well with ALL Munsters models. Very simple plug and play installation with color illustrated instructions. This was honestly one of our Biggest mod challenges but we feel Very proud of the final result. We hope everyone loves him as much as we did creating him in honor of this wonderful title. In stock and available NOW from our website store. Thanks to Everyone for the Incredible support of our products and creations. Especially this one. Our personal side tribute to the amazing Adams Family! Enjoy.

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#396 6 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

Wow congrats you don’t mess around! With #97 and #99 makes you wonder where in the world they sibling #98 landed. Congrats.

#439 6 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You better get on the phone now and cancel that MBR Bubblehead! Munster Madness is running wild and all the cool kids are getting one. Don't be the guy that gets left behind!

We double dog dare you! All the cool kids are doing it!

#453 6 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Completely agree Spaceman.
Personally, I do think this pin will be a blast if we don’t go in expecting super deep rules.
There’s still so much dislike and criticism for the pin on the hype thread, particularly by a handful of posters who keep repeating a lot of the same stuff... “code sucks, target banks blow, empty pf”...etc.
Ok, we get it loud and clear. But why keep repeating it over and over?
I think the solution is easy, just don’t buy the game and try not to ruin it for all the others who love the Munsters; and have been excitedly anticipating this pin for months (if not over a year).
I really wonder why I don’t drain that Hype thread- that’s on me. Guess I’m just hoping there will be some sort of positive, constructive commentary that won’t be posted on this thread.
I am still so psyched for this game.
Who-Dey loved all the things about the game I would look for. Most importantly: he found it fun!
I feel Munsters is an awesome theme with a stunning package and looks like a blast to shoot.
Hope this thread stays positive with lots of unboxings to follow.

Because they feel the need to Sell it that their opinion/view is the Only answer sadly. My view, don't like it state your reason if you like and move on to the next game. Like it, share what your looking forward to or provide Support or input for others that are looking to enjoy it! To make someone feel wrong for their decision just seems foolish and a bit childish in my view.

#463 6 months ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Pro shipped yesterday from GAP in Chicago----Headed to Denver-If we're lucky it should get here mid to late next week.

Congrats Mike is a good guy. Weather here is now clear for departure so your game should get there quick.

#480 6 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I've been informed there is at least one easter egg done with a flipper code.I'll report back later as I get more info.

Interesting do tell when you find out.

#482 6 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea its the secret mania mode ... apparently there are clues to figure it out.

But I suck at puzzles, just give us the answer! Lol. Like me staring at the star map on POTC JJP, only was able to figure out a few random images.

#500 6 months ago

Schools in session please take out your textbooks. Sorry some late night assembly on armies of Grandpas has me batty.

IMG_2148 (resized).jpg
#504 6 months ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Nope that’s mine yours is in the back row

Lol he had to stay for detention as he brought a Playghoul to class.

#506 6 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Here are a few photos showing what I have done to improve the ball track/plunge as I described earlier. There is a small area where the ball was making contact on the underside of the wireform, I'm pointing to it in the photo. You can see the clear plastic film I applied to the wood at the kickout location, and how I filed the leading edges of the metal transition ramp as the metal had some burrs left from the manufacturing/stamping process which might have been causing the ball to jump upward a bit. Also there were two sets of holes drilled to secure that transition ramp, one set must have been wrong for some reason I'm guessing. I used a 45 degree deburr and chamfered the holes just a tad to remove the wood that had been displaced and raised upward resulting from the screw installation just to insure the metal ramp would make good contact with the wood when reinstalled. All this work did help some but still needs a bit more fine tunning IMO.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you further explain what your fix was? On the wire ramp the area you filed (which was coated) is on the outside of the ball travel. Also, are you certain the shooter lane fork was the issue as my guess is the diameter of the ball touching the side rail would keep it from reaching that low or that edge. Trying to understand what solved your issues.

#509 6 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I did not file the wireform, I added one more washer between the mount surface and the wireform to raise it upward a bit to provide more ball clearance when the wireform was reinstalled. I used a file on the leading edge of the metal ramp to remove the sharp edge and make a smooth transition. But I think the fact that the metal ramp is a rad off center on my game might be my issue. The installation of that metal transition ramp is something that can and will vary game by game depending on how skilled the technician is or if he/she is even paying close attention to that when they position that part and drill the mounting holes.

That makes sense. Looking at your photo the fork shooter lane is clearly off center which Would toss the ball to one side on exit. Not sure the filing was needed. Question. Did you Add that stainless rail protector to the right side of the ball switch in the shooter lane or was that factory? On my last Stern game I added the shooter lane cliffy like that and the ball clipped the edge of that bracket every time had to remove it. Good luck you'll get it!

#511 6 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The rail protector was a factory install, and funny you mention about the ball clipping the edge as that was another area I considered to be a possible cause at initial ball plunge. Going to re-center the ramp first, then move to that rail protector if that doesn't solve it. Thanks yelobird!

Strongly suggest using your phone and take a Slo-Mo video of the shooter action. I suspect you will see your issue in slow motion then attack it with tools.

#514 6 months ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Ok, these are made in Chicagoland, yet as far as I know, there is not one in a public location here in Illinois yet!!!!!! Someone please tell me I'm wrong and where it is available to play.

Just stop over by Stern with your wallet in your hand and you can play all day! lol I believe Mike at GAP has one on his floor if you want to give him a visit.

#541 6 months ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

If you haven’t played midnight madness yet it is fantastic. Took me by surprise. I never set my clock right ha ha!

Might have been a good thing as your up till midnight so often lol.

#554 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Need to be playing when it strikes midnight.

Mr Chuck, have you done a Munsters play video yet? I have been keeping an eye out as I enjoy your videos but sometimes your up later then I am so I may have missed it. Get over to Bones house and challenge him to a belly punch playoff!

#581 6 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Munsters LE on order - excited! First NIB for me: question for group - do you guys recommend cabinet protectors be installed between the cabinet and legs? I saw in a SDTM video that there was some possible confusion about washers coming with the leg bolts - install the washers or not? Also, anyone purchased the magnet play field protector mod from the Mod Couple and have an opinion about it one way or the other?

Cabinet protectors are no longer needed on new games in general. Stern installs metal brackets on the exterior which keep the legs from touching the cabinet and also the art is cut Around the leg so they never make contact. The washers (my opinion) are provided so when you tigten the bolt the head does not strip the paint off the leg when spinning.

#588 6 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We still use cabinet felt on every game. Stern uses metal brackets on the cabinets, however if the leg is not fitted correctly, it can still rub through the decal, very quickly if the game has a shaker. New Playfields are not what they used to be, I am not sure how fussy you are with the playfield. New playfields have different clear (and more coats of clear) and different wood (the wood used to make playfields is not as old and more) to the old ones. The edges on your playfield will most likely start chipping from day one (especially the shooter lane), The playfield will dimple and you may get some crazed inserts. This seems to have become the norm over time for a lot of people. At a minimum we fit a full set of Cliffys and fully wax the playfield on every new machine before we plunge a ball. I personally am not sure if the new playfields are better or not. They definitely are a lot shinnier and look a million bucks if you look after them. I am very interested to see how they hold up in 10 years time. There are plenty of threads on here so you can make your own mind up.

There is no decal Under the leg. Stern now cuts the side art around the leg profile FYI.

#592 6 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

What game did this change start with?

Definitely not a fact as I am guessing but the first time I seen it was Deadpool. Smarter collectors then I would know for sure.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 5.09.23 PM (resized).png
1 week later
#723 6 months ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Heard that my LE is now expected late Feb early March.. So I wonder if mine just did not make the first shipment, or if the news of them shipping this week was just inaccurate.. Anyone else get updates on ETA for theirs ?

I believe it was just inaccurate. EU machines were built and shipped. They are coming and I am Very excited to be challenged by the Munsters!!

#739 6 months ago

The small ones look like the ones that go in the coin door ejectors. Can't tell on the larger one looks like a cotter pin type fastener.

#745 6 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey wesman, i am getting ready to go play Munsters today again actually but no LE' in my area yet unfortunately. I am getting close to getting my game yes, i kinda want to see what people are saying about the lower playfield first so im not in a major hurry but i will be getting a Munsters very soon for sure.
Please go play that LE and let us know what you think about the lower playfield, i am sure lots of people would love to hear your thoughts about it!

Spent several hours playing an LE last night at a local collectors home yesterday. Can't thank him enough for the hospitality in sharing his Amazing collection. I will note I am awaiting my LE so a bit biased and LOVE the theme like BM66. With that said the game was what I expected and over the top gorgeous! I will admit like others have said the code has a Ways to go especially to balance scoring. Not a huge deal to me as I am more of a chimp flipper so Billion scores are not something I ever worry about. Just seems like without understanding the multiplier strategies your simply collecting change per say. Smooth shooter is an understatement in my view. Fun for sure and the animations were very well done. Being honest with myself I can say the mini playfield does seem like more of a novelty. I liked it but I would never say you Must get a Premium/LE because of it. Almost a pachinko machine for the most part to be blunt. The owner did make a savy adjustment to the ramp opto (lower playfield) to make it more reliable but as not my fix I will refrain from saying it was an issue. Cute is the best way I will describe the lower playfield. lol Very minor observation that I Hope I can get past is I did find even as a crappy player that second set of flipper buttons was just in an awkward spot. Awkward as it was different just seemed like something a seasoned player would have issues with as it could mess with their technique. Overall very fun game and I have confidence (in time) Stern and Dwight will refine the code to round all the corners on this fun game.

#807 6 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive only heard of two people having a problem so far and ive played two different games that were just fine so i doubt this is a widespread issue.

I would agree. Seems like they could have possibly made the "V" notch wider however with the ball riding the left and right rails the bottom diameter of the ball should never hit the fork area of that ramp and lowering it into the playfield would add no value if the "V" was wide enough. It will always ride up the center of the fork.

#815 6 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

What about a Woof Woof shooter rod or some other mod?

Not a pitch but we got a match set Pingulp and matching shooter from The Mod Father that are spot on perfect. Not a fan of shooter heads myself but his art magic looks bad ass and I highly recommend. Can't thank him enough for his work.

IMG_2170 (resized).jpg
#877 6 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Was just informed that my Monster Bash LE & Munsters LE will del on the same day..$$ expensive month

And one hell of a work out day! Congrats!

#910 6 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Exciting day and happy to share first pics of Munsters LE #122.
I was also fortunate to have my BM66 Premium delivered at the same time.
Both are very fun titles.
For Munsters LE, the pin plays extremely fast and very smoothly. All shots flow seamlessly on my example with no shooter lane issues nor disruptions from the mini PF.
Theme integration is spot on- lcd clips, music, callouts and sounds are all terrific.
Colour changing led light show is perfect and the LE is not dark through the middle of the game due to the mini pf having some really nice ambient lighting.
The ramps and loops are amazing. All shots are easy to hit with little to no clunk.
The mirrored backglass is very sharp and the cabinet looks attractive overall.
In person, I don’t find the lockdown bar and rails to look quite as mismatched as they show in photos. I actually had to point it out to my family or they wouldn’t have noticed.
The lower pf is fun but does have a bit of a novelty factor to it.
However, what is neat about the mini pf is the variety of shots: 2 orbits, vuk, middle bash toy, right ramp and chance for a 2 ball multiball.
It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s better than I expected and will take some practice to master it.
The next most divisive element of this pin is gong to be the code.
There is no doubt the ruleset as it stands now is fairly shallow.
The game is also quite easy and thus good players may get to Munster Madness quite regularly.
I’m hoping that Dwight adds some polish and depth; but if the game is truly mostly coded: I’m not sure this is the ideal pin for highly skilled players nor those who have either a small game set-up or don’t absolutely love The Munster’s.
In my collection of games, I have a mix of some deeper games (like Maiden, DI and newly arrived BM66 and some on the shallower side like Deadpool, MB and TAFG).
My family and I enjoy a variety of gameplay and The Munsters will be a fun game to flip. Only time will tell if it has longer term appeal.
Pics attached below. I have to stagger my pins due to space restrictions which is why they appear different in size.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome New lineup congrats. I must point out You sir added a new definition to pinball addict with your clever machine offset stacking technique to get just a Few more inches of pinball into a room! lol That there is Commitment!!!!!! lol

#923 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Not got my LE yet,
Holds a centimental value as used to watch it with my Dad when I was younger.
It’s a limited edition plaque- but not the one I would wish for
Still it’s my way of remembering
[quoted image]

That is the Best and most valuable mod I have ever seen. What a wonderful and beautiful thing to do honoring your father. Hats off to you sincerely and thanks for sharing that.

#930 5 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Boom
[quoted image]

Thats dedication there! Congrats, looks like its going to be a Long night and weekend for you!!

#947 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats!!!! Still can't get over the early proto pics showing legs and coin door in what looked like brass. Suspect that's the route I'll take on this one...gotta see it first though...hurry Tuesday!!!!

Know how you feel granted thats the danger in putting too much trust in leaked prototype images. Would be a different story if they ran to a show to unveil and change the production later. Still looks great though!

#1258 5 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Machine looks amazing... Slowy coming together between Friday’s conf calls...
[quoted image]

Wow very cool #002! Congrats love low numbers and that is a good one.

#1393 5 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Anyone else having trouble with the right ramp in the lower Playfield registering successful hits? Mines only registering about 10% of the time.

The one I played several weeks ago (I believe the first in Chicago) at a local collector had the same issue. He creatively had to make a small plastic guard over the right ramp as it only registered if lucky 1 in ten times. He did notify Stern not sure what was done. Wish I took a picture of it but the right ramp was basically useless until he added the clear strip above the ramp and opto. Sorry not much help...

1 week later
#1803 5 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My go to right now until I get better is to ignore the lower playfield and just flip the lower flippers as I hit the uppers. Just hope for the best down there and take care of business up top.
But a good idea is to trap up up top or down below and then concentrate on shooting the other playfield.

Come on Chuck, the better solution is to play with Zach or a friend and Team play both sets of flippers! It's all in the hips! lol

happy-gilmore-all-in-the-hips (resized).jpg
#1809 5 months ago
Quoted from west57:

Munster LE. Anyone else having issues with flying balls. I Love the game, but the design flaws with flying balls is draining too many balls.
Fun game, great game, worst game
Use left flippers and hit left post/light by Marilyn ramp. (off into the air)
Herman magnet strength (balls sticking to balls). Thats what he said.
Tried adjusting flippers, then it takes away from the game.
Flying balls broke Mezel Mods staircase mod.
Ball stuck in Hermans Arm
And more ......[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Agree with others. Rough call to jump to "design flaws" as the cause when few have the same issues. If it was a design issue Every game would be like yours. Often times you have to ask yourself "what makes my game different than others"? With that said, at what pitch is your game, what balls are you using stock or fancy shiny magnetic replacements, depending on your game pitch what is your flipper power set to, and many other site variables. May be more a Setup issue than a design flaw.

#1905 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just watched the topper teaser video.
Looks sick!
Stern is upping their game on toppers!

Where did you see this would love to check it out. Thanks

#1919 5 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

OK everyone wanting to see the new topper it’s only available on stern insiders plus website and there’s no way to download or share the link. So I had to film it with my cell phone and upload the film sorry for the poor quality but you should get a good idea the thing is pretty cool.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0cc0YdoJYGUnCW_vOq_FtE5Kw

Thanks!!! I am betting this is a $499 type deal but still love it.

#1923 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Anything with The Munsters in it Chuck! I would even buy Munsters underwear if they made some!

Your in luck! What size do you need?

51KnGK+dy9L (resized).jpg
#2037 5 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

FoR those that like Cliffys....he has them now!
crinear@comcast.net
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the detailed share on that. Need to give the master of holes a call! Excited Munsters arrives Monday at least thats what the truck lady seems to think... Shout out Thank You to Zach at FlippenOutPinball for being patient with all my flipping around on this title. You forum folk have a way of convincing me I don't like what I like. lol Bring on the Munsters!!!

#2047 5 months ago

Ok hate to share this as I am Normally a very easy buyer. Pay, and recieve easy. Not this time which is why I can't thank Zach enough for putting up with me. Ordered and paid for an LE in October last year just based on a rumor and a Long love of this theme like BM66. Week of I played an LE and had buyers remorse and asked him to pull the shipment and send a Pro as it was a Great value and I Loved the art on the total game and cabinet and played amazing. That later turned to a "Zach can I get a Premium?" lol As usual he said I want you happy just tell what you want, a Pro is arriving Monday. He must think I am crazy but in this case (my opinion) I think Stern made the Pro the winner in play and value. My view again!! All models look amazing and even with the negative back seat drivers this game brings I am confident this game will continue to improve. I have that on good authority as John Borg lives 5 doors down from me so I am going with His opinion!

#2091 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

@drfrightner - sorry to hear of the probs...I'd be reaching to my Distro pronto....
Stern PF's are notorious for being able to be pulled off the slides....learned my lesson w my TSPP years ago..a fix for that would be great.
Actually had my plastic off and tried wedging balls in lower pf.....while I'm sure it's possible...mine's been very good so far (zero sticks)
Not sure what you mean by "shooter case being screwed on drastically twisted"? Are you speaking to the main shooter rod housing (main pf)? Can't get that one in my head....
regardless, hope your game gets squared asap, and you can enjoy it!!!....

Must say I must be lucky as in 20 years (hundreds of machines) I have never had a game pulled off the track and drop for Any OEM product? I need to try harder I guess lol.

#2092 5 months ago

Munsters in the House!! Aside from a Dckhead delivery guy the game is perfect! Huge thanks again to Zach at FlippenoutPinball all as planned and a great experience. For now Herman gets dining room treatment with my other toys. The only Minor thing this game is screaming for is Lighting! While not everyones cup of tea its time to drop a call into Scott at PS. Fun game and not a single issue! Born on date 3/11 let the fun begin...

IMG_2465 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2468 4 months ago
Quoted from wotan:

Interesting. On Friday I had an email discussion with Stern about the pre-release pics of the premium showing the webbed armor as an accessory and was querying availability. They stated that the webs were going to remain limited to the LE and that the armor for the Premium would be available in two weeks. Guess he meant 3 days
Unless these aren't OEM but I can't imagine they aren't.

That’s because they are not a stern product. They are an Awesome Custom He-man40 creation. Stern is working on the SW topper project now.....

4 months later
#5297 16 days ago

Well we are Back In on Munsters! With the game room expansion and a few Must have trades I traded off the Munsters Pro and I'm personally glad we did. Had to have the total LE experience. Such a beautiful game and definitely fun. More so then the BKLE we had. Just did Not click with the family and guests didn't touch it. Sooo with all of the positive vibes #Who-Dey laid down and of coarse the fact that J Borg the man lives on the same Block as me we knew this was the game Had to return home! lol Even gave it an end cap position as that cabinet is pure beauty! Going to give it a good work out with many guests coming over this coming weeks. Glad to be Back in the club!
IMG_3897 (resized).jpg

#5312 16 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Tell John that ole Who Dey is one of his biggest fans! Four of the seven games that i own are designed by him. I love how his games shoot.

I am Certain he appreciates hearing that. I can say he still has the passion and enthusiasm to build the best game he can and really cares about the end users experience granted pinball manufacturing is moving at a much faster pace and margins are at higher demand he still hasn’t excepted comprise to push a product out. It truly is an honor when he comes over and you won’t meet a more humble or sincere guy. He doesn’t claw for praise but I am sure he appreciates knowing his efforts and creations of art are still enjoyed. For some of the haters (of any title or effort) do know these comments are often seen even if not acknowledged and a rather tough blow to individuals (not just the designer) that are doing all they can to give you their best possible effort. Sadly for possibly company policy they are not allowed to defend themselves. I (as they) wish they had Unlimited time and funds to always create miracle pins but often that is not the case sadly. Loving this pin just need to master that dam Zap button!! Lol

1 week later
#5391 7 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No f*cking shit, why is he even here???

Hey! Jfh and his lovely wife were kind enough to sell me a beautiful autographed Munsters poster because I was to lazy and late to get one for myself so he's ok in my book. I suspect as this Was his childhood wish machine like BM66 he feels a bit let down with the end result which is understandable. Lets be a bit honest, I do like the game allot and Many aspects are simply perfect but there are many disappointing misses Clearly Stern could have addressed to take this from good to Great. Fingers crossed they still want this game to make Positive history.

#5424 6 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Thanks for the reply. The bubble is in the center, almost exactly, and I levelled it in several places with the glass off on the playfield using a incline meter and a bubble level as best I can. The one I bought is not extremely accurate but it is close to 6.5 degrees. It's between the 6 and 7. Also good for checking level.
amazon.com link »
I'm not entirely sure how to best check the pinballs for magnetism. About a month ago I bought these pinballs to replace the ones from stern
https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/
This is all new to me as it's my first pin. Over all it's working great but feels like something is just not quite right.[quoted image]

Not everyone’s favorite but I suggest getting the Free PinGuy app for your phone. Set it on the Playfield after calibration and do top and bottom of Playfield. If your at 6 that’s more then likely your issue. Just to slow. I set the app level to 6.8 personally and the game plays perfectly. I like free options.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside