Topic Stats

• 6,298 posts
  • 363 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Happy81724
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,174 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2220 (resized).JPG
6E3D5933-8D41-4090-B7E9-865725D21C7B (resized).jpeg
662B1263-3CBD-4C05-A580-0DD1A1AF0EEB (resized).jpeg
F0D51323-DF9F-497C-AD61-0E3F55F23740 (resized).jpeg
709C951D-4C7C-44C6-9502-7265F1617B48 (resized).jpeg
20191016_152015 (resized).jpg
B6526E42-FB10-4FB2-AB14-6AA712F3A68C (resized).jpeg
20191015_191515 (resized).jpg
1570992046205755816283835372478 (resized).jpg
M - Topper - LED Cover (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
IMG_2141 (resized).JPG
IMG_2143 (resized).JPG
IMG_5317 (resized).jpg
IMG_5389 (resized).jpg
IMG_5384 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1273 7 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

It’s like clockwork. Every 10 minutes or so. Clank! Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof

Geez, lucky it only clanks once

#1474 7 months ago

Hey guys. Started some work on some apron cards, mainly with Premium in mind

Would appreciate feedback good and /or bad , others ideas, so I can proceed.

It's in the Munster Apron Cards thread, didn't want to hijack this thread , so please comment in the Cards thread

#1490 7 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

For those who enjoy math, apparently...
Munsters Pinball >= (Birth of Jesus x 1000)

Bwahahahahaha

#1550 7 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Didn't have to drill any extra holes mounting them either
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awe come on man ..... geez your standards are dropping below what we expect from you

They look brilliant by the way

#1724 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

.....the game to keep you coming back, no?

No.
The game should have a tonne more to it.

Recent games ...BM66, IMDN.......seriously good code.

Why this ( dream theme ) is so lacking is beyond me. To see , hear and read .96 might be close to the end is saddening at best. I can't even see the way they could add much to this really. They can't add a stack of mini modes like BM66 has for example.....So I can't see anything great in future / final code on this

Sadly I see this game slipping away whilst my $ stay in my pocket as I await the next title.

#1749 7 months ago

If you look through the long list of Munsters episodes there is SO much that could be added to this game ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Munsters_episodes

Modes and mini modes could be based on episodes and what happens within the episode and the corresponding clips could play on screen. Universal still have the footage so there is scope for many additions.

Example for Premium/LE.....Ep7.....Eddie and a school science project.....work a mode where Eddie Loops are required to open Grandpa's Lab, go downstairs and achieve required ( insert task here ....the science experiment )...then back up top a loop or two, scoop for jackpot to finish that mini mode.

Stuff like that....
There ya go.....positive

#1752 7 months ago

"Added STARTING GRANDPA TARGETS NEEDED adjustment. Set to the number of
targets you want players to have to shoot before lighting their first
Grandpa Laboratory"

For those owners that have upgraded code.....does the above mean ( hopefully) that you can UP the number of shots needed to be 8, 12, 16 etc ( making game harder ) ....OR ..... have they simply changed it so you can start it with 1, 2, or 3 shots instead of 4 ( making game even easier ).

??

1 week later
#2234 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im kind of surprised we haven't heard more about the black and white premiums? I thought it would be a hot topic regardless of whether people love it or hate it.

I'm with him ^^^^

#2310 6 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The only difference between the pro and premium is the lower playfield and nothing else.

See- I find this hobby hilarious at times.

We accept that on the new BK the ONLY ( real ) difference between PRO and Premium is the upper PF and 95% of BK droolers will HAPPILY pay the extra for that upper PF and not mention how its is XX$$ and you only get that for the extra coin. Yet, on MUN this extra charge for ONLY the lower PF has been a contestable issue from day one.....and yet the lower PF ( albeit mini ) on MUN has a shite-load more going on down there than the ball lock mech on the BK upper. Not slamming anyone ,and I am sure they will be bot good games in all thier forms , I just cant understand the triple flip hypocrisy demonstrated in this hobby at times....

#2335 6 months ago

That Batman.....damn you man

MunLE looks great. Congrats.

#2375 6 months ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

My premium shipped out today. Hopefully I can post pics next week. I've got black and white art blades, a shaker motor, HD glass, and pin stadium lights ready to go.

I think there is about 1000 of us waiting for your pics, opinion.....

#2560 6 months ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Now to eat dinner and set it up!!
[quoted image]

How dare you eat dinner first....

#2601 6 months ago

Dont forget my apron cards.
Would love to see them in a Premium

#2792 6 months ago

Added 2 lamp effects.........
Not what I would call a significant update.

#2871 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You sound like a car salesman

That'll buff right out easy....

Screenshot_20190410-143227_Chrome.jpg
#3031 6 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Where did you get those apron cards? I can’t find nice ones anywhere. Would love to get those nice color ones

I did some.
See Munsters Apron Cards thread.
PM me if ya like them. ( free )
It's ok if ya don't too

1 week later
#3220 6 months ago
Quoted from epjohn68:

Had my new toy a week and my brother comes down and does this
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gotta love it when a fly in /fly out visitor takes you re top spot

#3376 5 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

If this were to happen in any fashion, I would be more likely to buy this title.

So would I.

#3467 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Munster Madness on the PreLE is one of the coolest modes I've played. I don't really see it as a wizard mode - more of a regular mode. So it should be achievable every few games like it is IMO.
There's a lot to like about the code on Munsters. There are some really great moments - like MM. Like Spot Jackpots when you complete - right ramp, left spot bash combo, like cashing out 6 SJP's with 5X running, like no ball save on Raven MB, but being able to re-start if you can hit the ramp in time, like building up Zap jackpots.
We just need more of it.

I'm still watching closely with fingers crossed

#3470 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I picked up my Munsters this afternoon. Everything works. It is a thing of beauty. I’m not worried about code.
What really has me shaking my head is that, what I assume is a cost saving measure, is that the on-off switch is located waaaaaay in the back on the bottom of the back box. With this configuration I will either need to drill a hole in the bottom of the cabinet and rewire the switch, or I will have to resort to installing the power cable to an extension cord that I can plug and unplug when I need to the pin on or off.
It is ridiculous way to save money and I give Stern a big fat fail for this bit of mediocracy.

They've been up there for quite some time.

#3522 5 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I also use Alexa Smart Plugs to turn on and off all my game room equipment. Works great.

GamerRick

So.... all ya do is .....
Buy a smartplug.
Plug it in to power point.
Install some phone app ?
Connect to Wifi.
Use phone app to turn game one.
?????????????????
Rinse, repeat for each machine?

If all above is correct, can you also name/ label each machine in the app ?

And, you don't need Google Home at all up to that point BUT if you do Google Home and run Alexa you can then further add voice command...." Alexa , turn on Munsters" as an example?

Or am I dreaming?

#3529 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You are not dreaming. I have 15 pins all on Wemo switches (I chose Wemo because it works with both Alexa and my iPhone homekit which allows me more flexibility for the future if necessary, but I digress). Each smart switch is labeled with the pin name.
Anyway, I can walk into my gameroom and say "Alexa turn on Munsters"... or "Alexa, let's play pinball"... for the latter, Alexa runs through a routine I setup that turns each switch on individually (so as not to overload the circuits by turning them all on at once). When I chose the routine to turn on all pinball, alexa announces the name of each game, sometimes with a commentary. Like, when she turns on Gorgar, she says "and now for one of my personal favorites, Gorgar". I haven't yet, but I can setup routines to say "Alexa, turn on my 3 favorite pins" and have her turn on just those. Or, "Alexa, turn on the 90's pins"... the possibilities are endless.
If you're a trekkie, you can actually put the Echo dot into a simulated star trek Enterprise computer mockup and change the wake word for Alexa to "Computer"... then you can say "Computer, prepare for warp speed!!"
Total cost for all of this was about the same as one colordmd, but can be done a bit cheaper if you choose some of the cheap switches on Amazon that only work with alexa.

Many thanks for explanation of all that

1 week later
#3806 5 months ago

Have any Premium owners considered painting the open cut timber of the lower PF hole black, or actually done it ?

Would it make that section of "black" then look too "fat"?

#3807 5 months ago

Also, have any "arty" mod guys considered creating B/W Dragula and Lily decals for the target boards, maybe with green tinges here and ther or yellow tinges on Lily ?

#3819 5 months ago

Deadpool isnt a theme that i like and I wouldn't buy one because of that ....

I didn't even look at DP the game at all, no playing it, no viewing streams or even images as I absolutely hate the movies ( I know it ain't based on the movies), yet I recently bought the PREM and it's truly amazing and a great package.

Back on track I'm currently watching some MUN gameplay and did I hear "Grandpa is lit" .....lol x 1000. And theres some real decent players not getting near M. Madness ... intriguing.

Just waiting for Premiums to hit Aussie shores so I can see in the flesh.

Grandpa is lit.....still laughing...

#3847 5 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes I’ve considered it and in fact asked that exact question earlier in this thread. Haven’t done it yet. If do would be black. If you do please post pics!

Just as a test have you thought about running some black tape there first just to see "how black" it would end up looking ....

#3856 5 months ago

Question for owners.
Can you adjust the settings so you need more hits to start Herman , Spot, Raven etc.

For example can you make it (say) 6, 5 etc shots to Herman before he holds the ball.
Same for other areas.....

#3877 5 months ago

DeathHimself

I played Premium in Sydney distributor yesterday, then did a polite , short and mostly positive mini write up at Aussie Arcade as well.

Beautiful game and surprisingly good to play, busier gameplay than what I imagined and basically I had EXACTLY the same thoughts as your guests in regards to gameplay AND the fact DS needs to add some code and polish. I also wanted to play more games but had to be respectful in distributors office.

I got some good balls and then realised I hadn't even tried to shoot for Dragula shot, Kitty shot or Spot as I was locked in on going for Herman, Eddie Loops, Raven and Grandpa's Lab..... so that showed me there's a bit to it.

Funny , because I figure there's a shitload of sales awaiting better code and you stated 3 out of 4 guests would buy with more depth in the game, backing up my thoughts even further.

I also emailed DS and GG today politely nudging them to think, revisit this and they WILL see sales climb dramatically IMO. I also hope DS and other "Sternies" see these posts or at least get pointed to them.

#3883 5 months ago

Not yet.

It's still doing the rounds in my head all day, to buy , not to buy, to buy, not to buy.....must ....do....some....work.... to buy, not to buy

#3886 5 months ago

Seen that AUD tanking lately?
And they're calling low 60s on it... That will add a grand++

#3918 5 months ago

Colour AINT gunna sell a game that clearly isnt
moving.....DUE........TO.......( ya ready Dwight, George and Co
)....CODE.

In sales, ya have 2 ears and one mouth.for a reason. LISTEN to what potential customers are saying.

End of story.

#3919 5 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

No it’s true. I’m a Stern Insider and they just sent that exact
color premium announcement to me.

Lol. Insider program.

I heard this news on Monday in Australia when checking out the BW Premium but respectfully said nothing.

#3993 5 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

This beautiful game could have and should have been so much more.

And THATS the exact reason there are SO MANY pissed off potential buyers.

#4158 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If you need any reinforcement (everyone has their opinion):
I'm an A/V integrator for a very large hospital system. New video wall being installed, and (2x) techs came in from out of town company to install a large video wall system.
200 days on the road every year, and they hunt for places to play pinball in every city...I was cautious but decided to invite them over to play .....
You can see my lineup.....their favorite (and couldn't get them off except for a few WOZ visits).....MUNSTERSLE!!!! Frankly, I wasn't surprised. They play pinball for fun, never even heard of Pinside, and couldn't stop playing, talking about the game......crazy stuff!!! pinheads not on here? They LOVE Munsters?...started a thread about it. This game is a fresh look in several areas, and still getting huge attention from me, as well....

Funny you should say that because I dragged a non pinball owner from my work along when I checked out MUN Premium last week.

Like your guys , he absolutely LOVED it.
He enjoys pinball but doesn't own games.

#4171 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I know there is nothing wrong with it. My fear is that Stern decides it has to do something and in the process make it more difficult to play.

Yeah they need to leave the core of it there as it is and just add a few more thingsto do, that's all.

Leave the basis alone, maybe change Lily to that great 2 shot , timed idea but leave rest of base code alone.

#4248 5 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I'm digging the Munster Prem as well, I know it's somewhat of a shallow code but it's still a blast to play. In addition I'm really considering a BM66 right now that I know of one I can grab, might be interesting with the new code.

Bm66 is fantastic.
So many ways to approach it.
But yes, a simple , open , fast flowy design like MUN would be decent next to it as they are chalk and cheese. Hence my ongoing interest as well.

#4259 5 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Feeling like if everyone jumps in and doesn’t wait this out, Stern will have no motivation to better the code. If everyone were to email them and tell them that’s what they’re waiting for, they’ll be plenty motivated.
It is good now, but for the price we’re paying it should be classic, with plenty of TV series related modes and content. There’s seventy shows, but it feels like they’ve selected parts from only a couple. Yes, Batman has set a standard that most expect from Munsters too. They are contemporaries after all. Shallow code just doesn’t cut it for this beloved show.
We’re all paying plenty for this title and deserve some depth or rather enough to keep us satisfied for years to come and not just our friends that visit occasionally. We just can’t buy for them. Stern needs to know we have their money waiting...

Unfortunately their lack of replies to concerned emailers is astounding.

Surely they could at least reply saying thanks for writing , at least acknowledging the email.

Not a sound......just amazes me

#4302 5 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Agree with MK6PIN: BM66 is a great complement to Munsters. Fantastic code by Lyman combined with a really immersive and fun theme.
If you’re looking for additional titles to consider, both Deadpool and Maiden are fun pins. Try to get out and give these a test drive.
This is a great time to be in the hobby, with a wide variety to choose from.

Lol you just mentioned my entire collection, yet to get Munsters, but is next

1 week later
#4422 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I wonder, bringing Midnight Madness into main game?
Edit: or topper more likely.
https://www.facebook.com/1359540837/posts/10214207654769534?sfns=mo
[quoted image]

Raven is saying NEVER MORE?
That's not a great sign is it?

#4430 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hello Munster fans,
Ode to Munster’s club: Today I woke from a dream and in it was standing a hypnotist named Houdini or was it Who-Dey???
Who-Dey: “Come forth from the audience Thunderbird and I will hypnotize you.”
Thunderbird comes forth and is told, “you will buy a Munsters and like it like I do.”
I awoke from the dream and began dialing my phone. My wife asks, “dear you look like you’re in a trance, what are you doing?”
I replied, “I don’t know for sure, but for some reason on the phone to our Stern distributor buying a Munsters Premium...”
She replied, “but I thought you think the code is somewhat shallow?”
I told her, “Stern will use our money to further deepen the code...”
She maniacally laughed!
(But we now own a Munsters Premium and mainly because I needed something to put the rubber scoop piece on that 1956Pinhead was kind enough to make for me.)
Now emailing Stern to deepen Munsters code on a daily basis. Lol. I succumbed...

Lol. Ya beat me..... but hey I recently threw my cash at a BM66

You order one o them whizz bang new colour things or the stunning BW number?

#4433 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

When are you going to jump in? Wh

Soon I think.
At least you didn't take the BW so they still have one....

1 week later
#4535 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How are you guys playing Munsters Madness that have the lower playfield? I try and trap the balls up on top and then play the lower playfield

Doesn't that directly take away from what the entire "play upper and lower at the same time" (end/ wizard mode , hoo haa) was designed for. The one thing that separates this game from others?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside