Topic Stats

• 6,715 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by RobertWinter
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,221 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C5723C2C-CBCF-46D4-B86A-BA1D336B2F3E (resized).jpeg
CBDD5B55-62B8-48EC-AB8F-8BC65C9A947A (resized).jpeg
C5C293DB-B941-43D4-8A36-CFE001187AB7 (resized).jpeg
26862B36-3CB1-4277-8C08-1D20EB5E72B9 (resized).jpeg
374055B7-4EE1-4D99-A38E-000C8A219EDF (resized).jpeg
14FBDA2D-9ACD-4D19-932B-3CD13CCACABF (resized).jpeg
F4B17F23-84A2-4510-9F57-5519F481D081 (resized).jpeg
Raven (resized).jpg
example 4 (resized).JPG
example 3 (resized).JPG
example 2 (resized).JPG
example 1 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.47.09 PM (resized).png
IMG_0977 (resized).jpg
IMG_0975 (resized).jpg
Topper 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wmsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 months ago

LE on order as well!

#40 10 months ago

FYI-on the Stern website, on the game page for The Munsters, Stern still shows the LE for the game limited to 500...…

https://sternpinball.com/game/the-munsters/

#57 10 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

LE to 600? Has that been officially announced? I’m happy for those extra hundred lucky folks, but disappointed in Stern. It kinda dilutes the scarcity and value for the first 500 LE owners.

I guess its official- https://sternpinball.com/game/the-munsters/

A few days ago it said 500, but now its up tp 600.....

#165 9 months ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I played 3 hours today on munster. The first hour I have said "wow it's boring"... I stopped to play... I have read the rules (rules are more easy to learn after play the pinball)... Then, I played 2 hours more and "wow, it's so fun!".
Munster is not like the last stern pinball. You need to have strategy to make high score. If you like ramps and combos with good flow, the munster is really for you.
This pinball is not easy at all... It is really difficult!

What model were you playing?

#282 9 months ago

I too, had the opportunity to get in about 15-20 games of Munsters Pro last night - Many thanks to Mike at GAP for this! The flow if this game is really nice. It is a much nicer looking game in person then just looking at pictures. The animations and snippets in the display are fun to watch when other people are playing. I was very pleased with it and can't wait for my LE. The only thing I didn't care for, and I think I saw this mentioned in one of the Munsters threads, is that the Pro really needs a couple of spotlights for the middle area.

#358 9 months ago

Looking forward to playing some 'Midnight Madness' mode. It's been a while...

#381 9 months ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Can someone who has gotten their game post the rubber chart from the manual?

Go to the Stern website, view the Munsters game, and view the online pdf of the manual

#385 9 months ago
Quoted from circuscinema:

I’m in the Musters Club now. Just got my Munsters Pro.
We are setting the Game up now.
I have read that the angel Stern will have us 6.5 angel.
What angel of the game are you all preferred.
It’s not my first NIB pinball game, but I was wounding about what you all do when you get a NIB Pinball game home...
Best Regards Ylva
[quoted image]

Let is sit and come up to room temperature for a while before plugging it in and turning it on!

#387 9 months ago

sublime90803 Is that Pro on location out here someplace or at someone's house?

#517 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I believe Mike at GAP has one on his floor if you want to give him a visit.

He does indeed have one on the floor. And I believe he has Pro's in stock that weren't pre-sold. The shop is closed on Mon and Tues though.

#595 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

At a minimum we fit a full set of Cliffys and fully wax the playfield on every new machine before we plunge a ball.

FYI - as of yesterday, Cliff informed me he was working on orders from November. So if you want any Cliffys on your Munsters before you play it, you are going to be looking at your game and not playing it for a bit....

#627 9 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Only place Munsters needs it is shooter lane and inlanes where balls drop from wireforms. Scoop and magnet area will be fine ....

Agreed for home use. If you routing your game, you will need to get some scoop and magnet protection as well.

1 week later
#841 9 months ago

Number of days or plays on a game are subjective. I have many games at my house to choose from. I don't play them all every day, sometimes 1 pin, once a day. You can kinda tell by playing how well a game is going to fit with you, and it's not about how long you have owned them or played them, its the 'feel'. They click or they don't. That's one of the reasons I never get all of the game bashing on pinside- it is so subjective. What doesn't click for you, may be a great game or feel for someone else.

Back on topic- Patiently waiting on my LE...

#895 8 months ago

Nice line up

1 month later
#2340 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There sure are a bunch of rich bastards hanging around here.
80 pinsiders own a Pro..................................$6000.00
22 pinsiders own a Premium ........................$7600.00
92 pinsiders own an LE ................................$9000.00
===================================

That's 93 with an LE- I own LE 166

1 week later
#2709 7 months ago

Quick thoughts/comments on my LE-

Game is great, very fun to play. I'm still running on original .91 code due to issues people have stated with the .96 code. I would love for a new version with bug fixes to be released. My kids like it which is a big deciding factor on games that stay at my house- if they don't like a game, it goes.

Ball save on 5 seconds, but no post adjustments. Soft flippers is the only other 'game' setting I've changed. This can kick your butt pretty good.

Anyone on the fence, as stated by others, definitely a good game. Fun for all.

who-dey I hear you on moving games to the basement in my old age Most of my games now reside on what was my front room and dining room so I don't have to deal with stairs.

#2995 7 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I sent stern an email 4 days ago, they aren't the best at getting back via email but I figured they probably wouldn't of done anything anyway

You are better off calling them

#3028 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow so they made Herman I harder in the new code? Interesting. Must have changed more than the read me says. Is standard settings still no ball save?

Still no ball save as standard

#3078 7 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Ill have to look..so new code toned it down? are there shaker settings?
thx!

There are shaker settings as well to tone it down if you want

1 week later
#3204 7 months ago

Agreed. I honestly never gave 'upgraded' glass a second thought for years. My game spaces have always had lower lighting levels to begin with so I wasn't concerned too much with overhead glare. Now having gotten 3 games in the past several months with the HD glass, I can only say that it really is a big difference in person. Pics don't do justice. And when you are at a pinball show, there is usually so much lighting you can't really tell to much of a difference, but at home- Hell Yeah!

1 week later
#3589 6 months ago

Looking at everyone's high scores for modes and overall- am I the only one that changes initials from 3 to 10 characters?

You can do it on all Stern games since about POTC....

#3628 6 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Well As some may know from reading my last post my micro switch broke on Grandpa's scoop last Friday. Was really bummed out I couldn't play the game, then got to thinking, hey my Ghostbusters has the same scoop, why not just take the switch out of that game until I get a replacement from Stern. So that's what I did today, rapped my Ghostbusters to get my Munster's back on line, that's how addicting this game is for me.
Well then it happened, with the game back on line on my 4th game today this happened, best game ever! Lasted about 30 minutes. My game is set up for 5 ball play, and I got two extra balls during the game. I heard sounds coming from the game I hadn't heard before, and I was making all the right shots, I was in the zone! It might not ever happen again, but it was a shit load of fun!
While I was at it I changed out the balls that came with the game as they were all flat spotted, look at the photo I took of one of the balls, you can see small facets on it. Maybe changing to some new balls was the key to my great score, most likely not and more luck than anythimg else!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How long time wise was your game? Was it a long game or about normal with some scoring issues? Not trying to discredit your score or your abilities but more curiosity than anything else !

1 week later
#3864 6 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Confused, why would it be smoother than the pro? Everything is identical but the lower PF

It’s also possible that since the pro was the first model made, that Stern made some refinements along the way, so by the time they go to the premium everything was set up the best possible way?

#3944 6 months ago

I honestly don't care what they do unless its a LE release. I bought an LE, money is spent, game is being thoroughly enjoyed. Its all that matters to me.

I don't buy NIB games for home as investments, as you loose right away. If that is your concern, you should probably re-evaluate your investment strategies.

#4135 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I did not with my LE.....

There is one in my LE...

#4257 6 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I have Munsters pro and Xmen Le back to back and it's a great contrasting combo I either play 2 games of Xmen or 15 games of Munsters

Does that mean Munsters isn't nice or Xmen is easier?

2 weeks later
#4542 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just got the new titan flipper bat rubbers for lower pf installed today. I can't recommend these enough!!!!
Slightly thicker than originals, and definitely provides more softness to the feel, allowing you to control the ball much, much better...
I enjoy "time in the basement" and have already gotten better at backhands, cradling, and overall control of that pf..slowing things down a bit.
Get these!!!!![quoted image]

Did you put these on through the top window?

#4545 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Truly don't know why many are afraid of the Torx T10, or removing the top plastic. It's a legit, solid head style, and when properly seated, will last quite some time. I've had mine off several times just to clean, screw around w things, and have had zero problems. Plastic is easy to square.
The clear plastic will certainly scuff w ball travel over time, but haven't seen a dimple on it yet...

Not afraid- just haven't had to do it yet. I haven't had any ball hang up issues or need to clean the cover. I was thinking about pulling Grandpas Machine out to see about getting some micro LED's in it for effects. No signs of scuffing yet either, but backups were purchased...

1 month later
#5021 4 months ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I can't believe I'm saying this...but, I'm not all that impressed with the topper, that strobe looks to be too much also....I like the clock, wish the characters were as like....(modeled) am I all alone here?
Congrats to those who like them and are getting one.

You aren't alone. I'm not really a fan of toppers at all regardless of the game. I have two, and those were with the game at time of purchase. I don't knock people who like them, they just aren't for me.

4 weeks later
#5400 3 months ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Grab a beer then push the "ignore user" button on the avatar. Makes this place a whole lot nicer!

I did that but still have to see the quoted posts.....

2 weeks later
#5614 81 days ago

I had a conversation with someone who indicated that Stern sources their playfield *wood* from 2-3 different places. Now some wood may be a bit older and some may be a bit newer- not as dried out or 'cured'. Moisture in the wood could also be a contributing factor to this underlying problem. And it could explain why JJP could be having similar issues if they are sourcing their wood from one of these places...?

I've got a MunstersLE. BKSorLE, and IMpro with no issues (at this point) and went over them all very carefully as soon issues started appearing on all of these titles. I originally passed on JP2LE, and had been giving a premium second thoughts, but until this issue gets sorted out, I may not be buying any NIB...

So I snagged a TOTAN over the weekend. Wish the playfield build quality was as good now as it was when these games were being made.

#5616 81 days ago
Quoted from mkk629:

Not sure what the issue is in the photos. If it’s the “specks” in the purple, this is not due to play, but is in the playfield print/design itself (whether intentional or not). I have a b/w premium and those exact “specks” are there on mine as well (albeit in the grey, not purple)

It's the 'pooling' or 'bubbling' of the clearcoat and art around the base of the playfield posts in his pictures.

4 weeks later
#5976 52 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do they have there top men on it?

It looks like they had their 'Topper' men on it...….

#6009 51 days ago
Quoted from dashv:

Hemispheres Amusements disagrees with you.
According to them the only Munsters pins sitting on their floor collecting any kind of dust are ones waiting on their toppers to arrive before shipping out.

My distro would disagree as well. They have been selling and no 'excess' inventory.

#6024 51 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I highly doubt my sources are wrong. My Batman comments tracks what others have reported; ditto Munsters. (Ask your distributor sources why there haven’t been any more Munsters runs).

Perhaps because they were cranking out JP and Elvira out right away?

I'm prolly out on a NIB until the pf issue is resolved as well. I am considering a couple of 'show specials' coming up at Expo though...I do have a really bad lack of space issue right now though

#6026 51 days ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I loved the Munsters but after 6 months I got bored of it and traded it for a GB Premium. I only have space for 1 pin so I wanted something more challenging.
That being said I'll still be playing it at my local arcade and I can't wait to see how the code expands. I'll be picking it up again but for now I'm out of the club.

Don't take this the wrong way, but a one pin collection does get boring pretty quick. Been there, done that. That's prolly why they multiply like bunnies at most peoples houses.

3 weeks later
#6295 28 days ago

There were at least 3 Munster's in the Stern room at Pinball Expo. They all were consistently getting played and seemed to be well received. Always seemed to be a wait to play them, when I could walk up to the Deadpool games several times and not have to wait.

Did that mean people liked them more, or did that mean people wanted the chance to spend some time on them that had not played them much before? I just know they were getting played a lot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
7,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wmsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside