IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3294 4 years ago

I just got confirmation that I'm the proud owner of Munsters Premium to be delivered to Golden State Pinball Festival. Much excitement!

3 weeks later
#4295 4 years ago

My wife and I played our Premium this week. So good. I haven't even scratched the surface of this beast yet.

9 months later
#7359 4 years ago

We just found a nice polish that cleaned up the window over Grampa's lab. Looks new, and I'm still ramping up on the scores. I look forward to the day I pull it off of route and stick it in my house.

#7362 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What did you use? You remove the window?

Yes. It's a buffer compound that was originally for automotive use but my friend at the arcade where I route uses it for polishing disc games back to usability. I'll hit him up for the exact name.

#7364 4 years ago

It's not Brasso. I would have remembered that. He showed me after he polished up the window. I was planning on ordering a new one.
EDIT:
It was Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. Pull the window, of course, because this stuff will chew up clearcoat if you get it everywhere.

#7366 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

Anyone had this happen?

Not to my knowledge(but again, it's on route, so I'm not the main player). I do have it bouncing out of the grampa scoop a lot, but I can't tell if that is a change or if my aim is just crappy.

2 weeks later
#7438 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Maybe it's an encrypted date detailing when the code is dropping.

December of 2034?

3 weeks later
#7762 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Is it appropriate to just unscrew this piece from the PF and clean it as I would anything else? Or would it be better to open the pin up, raise the field, remove the lower PF and clean from there?

Remove the window and polish it with something like Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. Mine was scratched and fogged and that stuff worked like a charm.

#7765 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Would any of the Novus products do something similar to the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound? I ask because I can't get the UC until late May and I would love to work on this while I'm in Quarantine!

Maybe with a lot of elbow grease. I used Novus 3 and 2 and barely cleaned it up at all. UC buffed it clean in short order.
Perhaps another compound like that might work.

#7767 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If your window is level to playfield do NOT remove it.

I've never had a problem getting it level after removal. About the only problem I did have was losing some of the little orings.

#7856 4 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Appreciate the info. Did you use a buffer pad, or just a microfiber cloth?

Sorry for the delay. Didn't see this. Cloth.

#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Never seen Phillips on the window (?) Torx T10 on mine.

My B&W Premium has phillips on the window.

3 months later
#8815 3 years ago

Just brought my Munsters premium home. Damn it, I love this game. I have mine set up steep, and it's fast and brutal. When it was on route, someone broke the zap button, so I have one on order. Sucked when I got a bunch of stacked super jackpots and couldn't cancel. Alas.

#8821 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How does one break the Zap button?

As to the how, I couldn't tell you. They snapped the whole mounting area off of it. I have one on order, but I stuck a flipper button in there in the meantime. Can just see the light flash around the edge of it. Annoying.

116101935_625275184775123_2099459111498008398_n (resized).jpg116101935_625275184775123_2099459111498008398_n (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8843 3 years ago

So, I'm still sporting 1.0.0 code. Any urgent reason to update?
Also, had a shaker sitting around, and I installed it this weekend. Nice little additions to the game, imo.

#8860 3 years ago

So, I liked it when it was on route. Now, it's been home for a little over a week. I added a shaker motor and fixed the lockdown bar button. My thought is that this is an excellent middle of the road game, like Scared Stiff(which is, after a couple of decades, still my favorite game), Some tougher modes, some shots that are begging to screw you over(Spot is a drain monster for me), and everything can feel frenetic. To really get a high score, you have to think a little, and practice patience. All in all, a well rounded game.
Of course, I'm still on v1.0.0. I'll update the code this week sometime.

1 week later
#8884 3 years ago

My wife got Munsters madness for the first time recently. I have only managed it a handful of times, mostly because we both find Spot to be hard to get. Not sure why that ramp is so hard for us to make, but dang, on my machine it is tough. I wonder if I have it a little steeper than normal. Anyway, it's rocking.

2 weeks later
#8945 3 years ago

This fits in the same headspace as Scared Stiff. A simple, fun game. It's all about hitting a few modes, shooting the big endgame and ramping back up. It easily gets 90% or more of the play in my collection right now. The theme is tight, the modes make sense, the gameplay always feels light, and I still jump around like a kid when I get Madness and start going nuts.

3 weeks later
#9018 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

While my Munsters is sitting powered on Standby it makes a knocking sound about every 5 minutes or so a single knock?

Are you sure you aren't hearing Spot? He pops up every few minutes.

2 months later
#9406 3 years ago

I've got my B&W Premium. I'm happy.
No topper, but such is life....

3 months later
#9769 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Any info on premium gameplay ?

I enjoy it, with the lower PF on. For balance, my favorite game of all time is still Scared Stiff, and Munsters feels a lot like that to me(which is a good thing to me).

1 month later
#9878 2 years ago

I bought another nice Stern for less than that. Topper prices are insane.

5 months later
#10296 2 years ago

They look ok to me. I'm neutral on Herman, but Lily and Grampa look fine.
Now, is it going to ruin the feel of the original show? RZ can't do worse than the 2012 reboot that failed. I mean, it's campy, 60s sitcom comedy, not exactly high drama.

#10299 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:how do u build jackpots?

Cancel the super jackpots until you get a bunch ready to go and get the multiplier up.

#10302 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Does cancelling carry over from ball to ball?

Each time you qualify a super jackpot and then get the dragula shot, you have a couple of seconds to hit the button on the lockdown bar to cancel it. Otherwise, it awards whatever super jackpots are qualified with whatever playfield multiplier is achieved at that moment. It's a risk/ reward situation.

1 week later
#10310 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Hey.. Anyone else here get this email about replacing the batteries?? Is this legit...

"Here's a message from the Pinside.com battery service. Today, it has been a year since you last replaced your batteries in one or more of your games"

Sounds like you set this up:

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 3.24.59 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 3.24.59 PM (resized).jpg
#10315 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Set what up?? Where are the batteries located?

If you look at the picture I shared, it's from the pinside machine page that you get when you add a machine to your collection. If you have also clicked the button in your settings that tells pinside to email you reminders to change your batteries, you will get these emails.

1 month later
#10431 2 years ago

Alas, I should have gotten a topper when I had the chance. New code!! Woot!!

2 months later
#11072 2 years ago

Elvira is in the new Munsters movie.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 2.58.07 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-03-17 at 2.58.07 PM (resized).jpg
7 months later
#11444 1 year ago

The new movie has some bright points(the Grampa was good, Lilly was acceptable) and was otherwise pretty bad(Herman sucked, they even managed to make Cassandra Peterson's character boring).

11 months later
#11713 5 months ago

Anyone had to remove the mylar in front of grandpa's scoop? Mine is badly worn, and I need to replace it, and want to know how to get it safely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thatonedude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.