pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6228 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

...LOL @ "easy" as well. Feel free to post your videos of making clean runs through Munster Madness level 2.

That's not how they roll. They just want to piss and moan. I've asked several times how their games are set up and their numbers of modes achieved in one game. Crickets... I guess they expect marilyn to reach out the coin door and give them a handy.

3 weeks later
#6488 4 years ago

Today I collected on my first full week of Munsters Pro public operation. The game exceeded expectation and drew in a couple of 'new' players that are regulars at the bar whom ignored LOTR and Transformers Decepticons LE for the past couple months. I know all locations are different, but I'm quite pleased with it so far. The question is if or how fast the play will drop off. I'm trading in TAF for the transformers in a week or two. Should be an interesting combo of Munsters and TAF in a 2-pin location.

2019-10-24 14.03.41-1 (resized).jpg2019-10-24 14.03.41-1 (resized).jpg2019-10-26 18.27.00 (resized).jpg2019-10-26 18.27.00 (resized).jpg2019-11-03 20.30.31 (resized).jpg2019-11-03 20.30.31 (resized).jpg
#6494 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

And all your screws loose.

No shaker for public operation for sure. It's one reason (although not the primary reason) why I'm ridding of my Transformers LE. My primary focus is robust, unattended operation. I know that is different from most, but that's the main reason why I bought Munsters Pro. It was a comicon show game and came to me with about a 1000 plays. I played a couple hundred more and snugged up everything before placing it. I hope to run it for months without repairs. It's a simple, fun, attractive layout. Out of 600 unattended games, 2 lost ball feeds and 0 missing-ball game starts. That makes me happy.

1 month later
#6893 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

A scary picture.[quoted image]

The wireform isn't plated.

3 weeks later
#7055 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Munsters LE was my first machine but to be honest im glad i sold it. What an boring game comparing with JP2, Potc or IM.
Thought the lower playfield gives an extra dimension but its no fun with those little balls.
So if you want to buy an Munsters, please play on it first or watch yt videos.
Sorry, just had to say this. I should have an weak spot for it because its my first pinball machine but like i said, glad its gone!

Sorry to tell you, but all pinball machine play turns to "chopping wood" once you master the game. It appears that your play was more like chopping wood learning. Until one demonstrates relative mastery of any pinball machine, they don't really appreciate the nuance of the game. Watch any papa video and if you follow the suggested strategies, it all becomes wood-chopping once you master the drain vectors and rules set.. on every game. I own munsters. I bought it for more casual players and it earns just fine in that environment. I enjoy the play. I think the game plays almost just like Ironman. Everyone loves that game, don't they?

1 week later
#7117 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

If Dwight leaves Musters as is, his reputation will take a hit no doubt. When/if he is going to be the lead programmer again I would not expect much in terms of sales for Stern either. I gave him a chance with Munsters but he fell short obviously. Lots of programming talent in the Stern lineup that would be embarrassed calling this a finished machine. Imagine what this could have been if Lyman did the programming?
I feel bad for all the Distros sitting on product that cant be sold.
I feel bad for the people that put in the effort with the art and layout package.
I feel bad for Stern and saddened they don't fix it and/or allow Dwight more time on this.
I feel bad for all the owners that had high hopes for this and have been let down.
I feel bad for Dwight and Sterns reputation taking such a blow unnecessarily.
I like the game but play it the least out of what I have. I would not have bought this had i known it would get zero polish.
Fingers crossed this gets revisited and not just flushed down the toilet.

I think your empathy is broken.

3 weeks later
#7294 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Pro Owner, after reading so much about the Code for Munsters i don't know if i could buy this game unbiased. Munsters is our first pinball, we only bought it for the theme and are novices in Pinball Playing. As a Novice i have to say i just love the game. The Simple rule set, like just do 5 times, or 3 times this and then something will happen is so apealing to me. We still suck very much playing pinball, every achivement done makes us happy. I have the machine now over 4 Months and still playing it almost daily.....

I've played pinball 40 years and work on them for a living. I, too, love the game. I think it plays just like Ironman that everyone seems to love. I bought the game to operate. It's on location now. I probably have 200-300 games under my belt and I still love the game. I've played them all at one time or another and munsters is a great casual game. I kept my Munsters over an LOTR I sold just a month ago.

1 month later
#7523 4 years ago

Learn the strategy..

Learn the drain vectors..

Chop wood.

Aren't all pinball games like this? I think you guys are letting your fantasies impact your expectations. I love my Munsters pro.. and I'm comparing it against my TAF, LOTR and TSPP. I've owned about 50+ pinballs over just the past decade. Believe me when I tell you they all become chopping wood once you master the strategy and drain vectors. I still love playing pinball, but these days, I don't expect to be overwhelmed with amazement every time I play.

astonished (resized).pngastonished (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sadsack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=sadsack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.