Topic Stats

• 6,686 posts - Hot topic!
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by Jackalwere
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,213 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

example 4 (resized).JPG
example 3 (resized).JPG
example 2 (resized).JPG
example 1 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.47.09 PM (resized).png
IMG_0977 (resized).jpg
IMG_0975 (resized).jpg
Topper 3 (resized).jpg
Raven Activated (resized).jpg
Topper (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
IMG_0961 (resized).jpg
E7597194-514D-407D-981D-D01A9C89B549 (resized).jpeg
20191107_160547 (resized).jpg
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
IMG_2325 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 9 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Also, looks weird how there is a straight line accross below Grandpaw! Its not blinded in well.

That line is the opening of the cellar door in the floor of the Munster's house that Grandpa is coming out of.

1 week later
#527 9 months ago

I like the little shelf/table between the pins in the above pics at Pins Mechanical in Columbus. Cool idea. Cuts down on being able to shove the pins pretty tight against each other for maximum pin density, but if you have the room, it's a pretty cool idea.

2 weeks later
#836 8 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow a whole 19 plays

In his defense, he said 19 "days" not "plays". I would assume he got more than 19 plays in on it unless he's a 1 play a day type guy.

#838 8 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

oops... still half asleep lol... still not very long. Wonder how many games.

It would be interesting to know the number of games. That being said, over the 13 or so years I've been in the hobby, I've seen pinheads who get bored with all sorts of games very easy, including some games I've never got bored with even after playing for years, so I'm sure it would be something to take with a grain of salt.

#840 8 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I feel i at least need few months or a few hundred plays to learn/understand a pin.

I totally agree with you on this.

#921 8 months ago

Sorry about your Dad passing Pinhead, but it's awesome that you enjoyed The Munsters together. My Dad turned me onto pinball way back when I was a kid, but he passed away before I got my first machine. If he could only see the resurgence that pinball has experienced. Everytime I play I think about him and I feel that he's with me in spirit, which is cool. I hope you'll feel that too.

#1119 8 months ago
Quoted from Paul1478:

I know it is normally Pro them premium and LE.

Actually, from what I've seen it's Pro, LE, then the Premium bringing up the rear.

#1132 8 months ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Anybody else have this? Looks like X marks the spot

Will that wipe off with a mild cleaner? Very odd.

#1133 8 months ago

I gotta say these Munsters LE machines do look gorgeous. They have to be one of the best looking pinball machines I've ever seen (IMO of course).

1 week later
#1554 8 months ago

Indeed. Nice sense of humor 1956Pinhead!

#1648 8 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Has anyone tried to paint the playfield surrounding the top of the lower playfield? Don’t like how the exposed side cut of the plywood playfield looks. Was wanting to just paint black but curious if anyone did this yet? If so how do you like it?

I thought this was odd the first time I saw the LE and Premium in pictures. I think it especially sticks out on the Premium with the black and white art, but it matches the bare wood shooter lane, so I figured in real life (or IRL as the kids say), it might not be so bad.

1 week later
#2219 7 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

wondering why this hasn't been replied to....may too much shock and disbelief of the YBR? Sure would like to see some Prem. Munsters pics....

LOL, yeah.. nothing like JJP "stealing the show", although in a very unexpected way. I've been waiting to hear about people's opinions of the B&W art package as if I'm buying I'd be looking at a Premium.

1 week later
#2577 7 months ago

Wesmantooth what are we looking at on the playfield? Are those oily ball trails from someone at Stern testing it or something else?

New balls seem to all have some oil residue on them, so I was just wondering if that's where that came from. One time I totally forgot to clean some brand new balls off and I put them in one of my machines, and played a few balls and I had similar results, LOL... that was fun to clean-up. So I just thought I'd ask.

#2633 7 months ago

Quoted from Who-Dey:I don't know yet lol. Unfortunately im at work and i cant think of anyone that can help me tonight or even until Monday maybe as far as that goes. I got stairs to go down is the problem.

I might sleep out in the garage tonight with it though.

Contemplates driving down from the Toledo area to help

2 weeks later
#3229 6 months ago

I'm probably preachin' to the choir here, but I think Jack Danger said he was going to be playing a Munsters Premium on his Dead Flip stream tonight if ya wanna tune in and watch. I know I'll be tuning in.

#3231 6 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Put a few mods on my premium. Side rails, titan clear rubbers, grandpa. Cup holder.

That is real sexy Tatman! Looks awesome!

#3234 6 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

what time is the DeadFlip stream tonight? I cannot find any info.
thanks,

He said earlier he was gonna shoot for 6pm Central/7pm Eastern, but it's a hectic week as he's moving all the pins and stuff into his new location, so it looks like he's running behind. I've got it on his Twitch channel waiting for him to go live right now.

#3301 6 months ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

What about a premium with a lower color playfield, or vice versa?

That looks terrible.

#3307 6 months ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Thanks. Bored and work and playing with a $.99 app on my phone.

Sorry man that was just my opinion, but like TRC73 said above, that was great work on mocking it up.

2 weeks later
#3759 6 months ago
Quoted from drained:

Cashing out 10 Jackpots should award a Wizard mode IMO.

That's a pretty cool idea!

#3894 6 months ago

I figured a colored premium would eventually be offered, but not this soon.

#4244 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Could the balls be hitting each other during multiball and be doing this maybe?

Yes, it is actually ball on ball violence causing this, due to a ball (or balls) being too soft due to improper heat treat/hardening processes. This has happened occasionally over the last 13 years I've been in the hobby, but seems to be happening more frequently now. I always watch for "disco balling" and replace any balls that show signs of it immediately.

1 week later
#4457 5 months ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang! Finally got a few quick MODs in last weekend. B/W art blades, Mezel MODs lamp post (painted black) and MOD-Couple Raven clock (they customized it in gray-scale for me).

I love the look of the art blades with the wall paper and family portraits. Beautiful!

#4520 5 months ago
Quoted from gac:

I actually called Stern a couple weeks ago and asked that question. I was told there would only be one version. I also would prefer a B&W version. Doesn't appear to be an option.

Wow, that seems crazy. Make a black and white machine, then don't make a matching topper, LOL.

4 weeks later
#4861 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Keep in mind, IMO, Stern set its bar at 1,964 with The Beatles. That's way be low 3000 units.

Well, Stern and KaPow seriously overcharged for the Beatles, so that should help make up for the lower quantity.

#4864 4 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Don’t forget Beatles licensing costs. That’s why they had to jack the cost up.

Indeed true, but I suspect that they included some extra "jack" over and above the Beatles licensing costs in their jacking up of the cost.

1 month later
#5545 80 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is the first time I have heard of this. Where are you getting this information, please?

Robert Winter's post #59 in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/2#post-5160816

#5547 80 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are there more posts talking about this issue with Munsters? Or is the Robert Winter post the only one?

I have an AC/DC Luci VE with wrinkling around multiple posts and chipping around one, so I was just monitoring multiple threads where other pinheads are dealing with the same issue across multiple game titles, and I remembered this one post about the issue with this particular Munsters. I'm sorry as I don't have other Munster examples that I've seen. Ven mentioned "games" as in multiples in his post, so perhaps he knows of more than Robert's game in my link, and perhaps he can offer more evidence. What sayest thou Ven?

I should also say that I got my Luci a year and 2 months ago NIB, and at the initial inspection, there was no wrinkling/bubbling/pooling around posts of any kind, and I looked over everything with a fine tooth comb. I thought I was free and clear of defects, until all this talk of this issue made me think "I wonder if this occurs over time?", and to my horror, it appears it did in my case. So if you don't have this issue now, keep an eye on it. It's odd how some people have the issue out of the box and some like mine, seem to develop over time.

#5550 80 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Call your distributor and try and get it replaced. That playfield is/was defective and they should replace it. No way that a HUO game or any game for that matter should have a chipping playfield in one year.

I'm gonna try on Monday Who-Dey. The bummer is that Luci is no longer in production, so I bet there's no playfields laying around. Maybe if more Luci owners have this issue other than me, they'll run more. Can't hurt to try right?

#5552 80 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This shit is depressing. It totally sucks every ounce of fun out of buying a new game. And to all of the people that are going to say something stupid like “well then don’t buy a new game”.........im not even going to say what i want to say.

Yes it does. I was trying to figure out what game I wanted to buy around Halloween. I was thinking IMDN Premium or JP2 Premium, but now that's on hold and I'm bummed, but I'm more bummed dealing with this AC/DC Luci VE playfield.

Imagine all the guys who bought playfield protectors to keep their playfields mint, and now their playfields are being damaged in places where the ball isn't even rolling and the playfield protectors aren't able to help. Imagine how those guys feel! I mean, WTF kinda bizarro pinball world did we all just enter into? I've been in the hobby for more than 13 years and I never imagined this.

#5554 80 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Elvira has been on my radar since it was announced and i would love to have a new Jurassic Park but there’s no way in hell that im buying anything right now. Its going to take a while to build my confidence back up with this situation that is going on here.

I'm with you man. I love my Scared Stiff and was waiting for the new Elvira reveal as that could leap frog my other choices, but I'm on hold. Maybe we can create a Pinside support group that meet bi-weekly!

#5565 80 days ago

FYI: Acetone on a q-tip will get superglue off a playfield without hurting the clearcoat, at least it did on my Luci VE chip fix.

4 weeks later
#5937 50 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

A playfield protector is good for protecting the playfield but won’t stop pooling or chipping.

Right. It wouldn't have done shit for the blistering and chipping on my Luci VE.

#5975 48 days ago

Top men...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside