I’m in. LE on order.
Waiting for notice on my LE arrival (Ordered on reveal morning). Super excited, can't wait
On a related note, thought I'd share these with the group. My wife found some cool vintage Munster character keychains to use with the new machine.
Looking forward to my LE delivery (whenever that will be, but I’ve been thinking about the threads re: depth of code.
Is it possible that this game, because of its theme, was expected by the community to be the next Batman 66 (deep, mode-based play), but in reality it’s really a themed response from Stern to TNA (challenging score-based play)?
Looking at it From that perspective, it all starts to make more sense.
Still waiting for a (hopefully soon) notification that my LE is ready to ship, but in the meantime my wife and I found an LE at a somewhat local location to play.
Notes after about a dozen games:
* With all the talk Dwight did about moving the fun closer to the plunger, I was expecting this game to be approachable. It is, but only kinda. While the shots are smooth, the game is *brutally* difficult at times (drains galore) and quite frequently unfair. They didn't make a Munsters version of Monster Bash. They made a Munsters version of TNA. I'm totally fine with that, but that's really how this game feels.
* It's very close to not being fun with no ball save enabled. I remember Dwight saying that the game was designed to not need it, but that's absolutely not my experience. Lots of disappointed faces after 2 second ball 1 times that wind up in the right outlane. I'll be turning ball save on as soon as it's set up. The game needs it.
* The. Right. Outlane. Is. Brutal.
* The ramps are gorgeous, and may be the smoothest I've ever shot. Awesome that they are so unique and both work exceptionally well.
* Lily/Dragula are fine. With the speed of this pin, standups would likely be overkill, and drop targets might slow the game down unnecessarily.
* The lower playfield is a fun addition, and I looked forward to the time spent there. Shots are makeable, and *just enough* is out of your control there to make it interesting.
* I *really* wish that there were a different cabinet option for this color playfield. The LE cabinet is fine, but it's my least favorite of the 3 (I would prefer a pro cabinet/art with this playfield).
Overall, it's an impressive machine and we're really looking forward to adding it to the collection!
Received our LE today. Haven’t had much time with it yet, but my buddy Baxter approves. It really is stunning.
You get a 2 ball Multiball if you don’t hit it, a 3 ball Multiball if you do. This is as designed.
Add me to the list of folks experiencing the occasional issue after .96 upgrade:
* Lower playfield "ends"
* Control is placed back on upper playfield, but the LCD is still stuck at the machine.
* Ball eventually moves to Dragula, isn't ejected.
* Machine goes into ball detection mode.
* We wait. A couple of mins.
* 2 balls are ejected (at the same time) from shooter lane. 3 total in playfield at that point (one Dragula, 2 playfield).
* one ball drains, flippers go dead, end of that "ball".
I've seen it once, but I haven't been playing a lot this week. Was going to turn off the lower playfield until addressed.
My scores haven't even approached those levels yet, but we're still having a ton of fun with this one, and we play it daily.
One observation my wife and I both made re: The Munsters is that it's the kind of pin that has made us better players in general. Our BM66 scores have skyrocketed in almost all areas since we started playing The Munsters. That's both unexpected and cool, and both of us feel it's directly due to our Munsters play.
Has anyone else seen a Midnight Madness bug after the latest code update? Have been playing at midnight for the past few days, and the seance and mode no longer start. It kind of flashes real quick and then states that the “midnight madness” mode point total is 100,000 without having played any multiball.
The only thing this news has caused me to realize is that I'm going to sell my Munsters LE.....to immediately buy another Munsters (*love* the artwork on the premium). Absolutely love this game.
For those looking for a super clean LE, and a chance to meet the coolest bulldog ever (he'll give you a high five if he likes you).
Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside