pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider readypo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8693 3 years ago

Just joined the club! Got a pin the wife wanted at a great price. It is a beautiful work of art. Its sits between two pins we love - the challenging Houdini and the simple but pure fun Creech. I think it sits somewhere between them, code wise too

20200622_211047 (resized).jpg20200622_211047 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#9051 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Before securing one, I signed up to be notified when toppers came in. Just got an email;

Well, thanks for posting this! - I just ordered the topper from Marco, and it appears I may have got the last one (went from in stock to out of stock after my order).

#9055 3 years ago

Just wanted to thank gorditas again for posting that Marcos had the topper. It came quickly and installed in about 10 minutes max. What a great topper!

20201004_081743_HDR (resized).jpg20201004_081743_HDR (resized).jpg
#9058 3 years ago

Ok so I had to check it - led is fine, see pic below but I took the picture early in startup so it could of just not have come on yet, but I also found out something cool about the topper I didn't know - each character flashes when their mode is active, so its also possible I caught Herman in mid flash.

20201004_102711_HDR (resized).jpg20201004_102711_HDR (resized).jpg
#9070 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

yeah but whatcha gonna do?

Quoted from pudluther:

the topper is worth it.

Concur. Very happy with my purchase, and if I hadn't got the Marco one, I would have been right there with you.
Ya sure, its no JP $600 topper, I mean it is actually interactive with a way cool mechanical wise cracking raven and it works with the modes you have, right?

2 weeks later
#9123 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Is it a mistake not to go premium on this pin?

Quoted from cottonm4:

But it is not a deal breaker to not have a lower play field.

I agree the lower playing field is not a deal breaker, doesn't change game play that much. However, I got the premium for 3 reasons:

1. My wife wanted the Black and White version;
2. The price we got it for was incredible, and
3. Its Grandpa's Lab - looks cool in the middle of the PF!

#9153 3 years ago
Quoted from davej:

I'm looking for a Munsters topper, seem to be sold out everywhere. If anyone has one let me know.

Great American pinball says they still have one - probably because they are listing it for $650. That is the same price as the JP topper they have listed.

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/munsters-topper

#9166 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Guess it is our fault, for wanting it to work right..and the fix is now added to the cost.

Don't think it was the fix, pretty sure it's just the demand - its a great topper. I was lucky to get mine at the $430 original price from Marco after missing out the first time around (thanks once again to gorditas for posting they were in stock), as retailer prices started to rise on this second batch almost immediately based on demand. The JP topper price went the other way, dropping down $300 because folks didn't see the value in a $1000 topper. Maybe $600 isn't the value price point, but I suspect they will still sell as compared to JP at that price point, since IMO it is the better of the two toppers.

#9186 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Raised to $800 now.

That didn't take long

#9218 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Can I still get this plastic? Mine just broke.

I got the warranty plastic just 2 months ago, so I would say there is a good chance.

#9237 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve heard from too many inside sources they are going to build on the good software already in the machine and agree with Mark (MK6PIN), they will surely be adding more code to an already great shooting and looking machine.

A software update would be great, especially with additional content/clips. Who wouldn't want that? However, I do not feel like my game is incomplete in any way. It gets a lot of play and doesn't get old. And it is just a beautiful machine to look at, all around. If I had one complaint, I wish the voice call outs sounded just a little more like the original actors except the Raven, he is Spot on (get it, SPOT on )

#9248 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Who Dey has passed.

Thanks for posting this link. This is very sad news, he was a big part of the Pinside community and will be missed.

#9273 3 years ago

Made it to Munsters Madness last night before blowing it. Awesome! I would like more code, why not, but it seems I still have a ways to go before I have explored everything with the game as it sits ...

2 weeks later
#9302 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I could be surprised, but as Thunderbird noted, Munster sales are good. I don't see Stern messing with a good thing.

I agree, may not effect sales of the Munsters too much at this point. But it might impact my next purchase from Stern. If I know some support/code/enhancements can be expected after purchase, even if it is just some bonus clips, etc. I am more likely to purchase a NIB (I have not bought a NIB from Stern, partly because of the unknown of how much support can be expected in terms of enhancements, and I don't want to buy a V0.6 at their mercy).

2 weeks later
#9379 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That's only one model though but odd they don't have the others in that list.

And its the color premium - not the B&W premium ...

#9418 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If you owned 1 game I'd say no way...but in a mixed lineup, it really is a great change of pace.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Completely disagree on this one, as Munsters has all the elements it takes to become a sought after rare collectors machine.

Quoted from jfh:

Yes, there are a few Munsters owners that didn’t know much about the show,

My wife really likes this game (translation - my supportive but not fanatical about pinballs like me spouse "really likes this game" which has led to more understanding about me getting more games ). We have the B&W premium which was what she wanted. We got the topper which she likes a lot (and has previously been skeptical of getting toppers). We play it together a lot. Rules easy to understand, shots are smooth, call outs funny, soundtrack great and it is truly a total work of art.

In short, she likes it, I like it and guests like it for all the reasons above. Just like Getaway HS2, which is still a favorite in my game room and in many other game rooms (but with far more content and shots to make).

Would I like more content or some deeper rules further in the game - absolutely, but in large part because we play it a lot, so who wouldn't want more of a good thing? But I would not change the approach-ability of the game.

I think it will last in the collection a long time (maybe as long as I have a collection) because it is a fun, completely integrated theme that transcends first hand knowledge of the tv series. You do not need to know about the show to understand Frankenstein, vampires, werewolves, a dragon under the stairs, a kitten that roars. The comedy is wholesome and the whole family can play. And if other owners like me are not selling (this thread says yes, that is the case), they will be sought after and Stern will have a new vault series in a few years.

1 month later
#9551 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

since yours broke there you may get the warranty fix. Worth the question at least

Stern Pinball Flipper Service Kit Munsters Plastic #19. I requested at end of July 2020 - Stern sent the kit as a warranty item (and I am the second owner). Just had to send in a picture of the serial number and broken plastic.

2 months later
#9818 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerwannabe:

It was delivered 2 days ago and I can’t stop smiling - this machine is awesome!

Looks like you had that spot especially made for pinball (except when you get your second one )

2 weeks later
#9856 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters is becoming a rare machine, that most everyone will/does want.

I agree. Someone was looking for one in my area, I asked my wife if we should sell and it was a firm no. This game is so approachable for pinball and non-pinball folks alike it is a favorite in the game room. Multiple generations watched it growing up but even if you didn't everyone gets the concept immediately. And it plays great.

7 months later
#10450 2 years ago

My wife loves this game - it wasn't leaving but I am of course thrilled with the update! Thanks Dwight!

#10464 2 years ago

OK, installed! Played a quick couple of games, looking forward to exploring it further!

1 month later
#10791 2 years ago

Downloading now. Will install shortly...

1 month later
#11099 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I suggested to Robin that if they are to have a specialized section of their own, that their names should be listed directly listed underneath that section.

That is a good idea, I guess putting your money where your mouth is. I also wonder how long ago these reviews were made. Most of the reviews have not been revised after code updates and I wonder if these have not as well.

On another note, had visitors to the game room last night - as always, Munsters was a hit. Easy to understand, great callouts (even better with the updates), just a lot of good fun.

1 year later
#11803 55 days ago

Don't know if the kit is still free but it was for the first couple of years at least. I just contacted tech support, verified my pin serial number. Even as the second owner.

#11817 54 days ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Pinsiders took a big shit on it early on which meant it was really cheap when I purchased it.

Quoted from Mutt:

some say its too easy but not every game needs to be expert mode.

We bought it the same way, when it was cheap, and did not expect the code update two years ago that was really good. Looks great, easy to approach and play, a favorite in the game room. If this is your only game, maybe it would be seen as too easy after a while, but it has the same complexity or more of a lot of popular 90s games (Attack from Mars anyone?). It is a keeper for us.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider readypo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=readypo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.