IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 5 years ago

I paid in full for my first nib(pro) this will be my first modern Stern my only other Stern is Sharkey's Shootout ironically a Borg/Dwight game.I like how all Stern games shoot besides GB so I'm not worried if I'll like it.I've been waiting years for them to do a title I actually like and knew months ago I was going to get one but I'm beyond shocked my wife didn't make me sell something to pay for it.

#246 5 years ago

I was told mine and a friends might be here Tuesday but it might take me a day or 2 to work out our schedule to get mine from his place to mine.

#247 5 years ago

I just got a message from a different friend that they were on the way home with theirs so operators are receiving their machines and I'm assuming some of the first to commit will be in this batch and then more pros in a week or 2.

#298 5 years ago

10 games in and I'm not finding it "easy"

#301 5 years ago

Actually mine hasn't arrived yet but we have one on location as of today.it took me 15 games to make it to munster madness and I'm an above average player apparently playing like crap tonight lol.back at it, they close in an hour and if I don't win a free game......grrr

#303 5 years ago

Mini review

Screenshot_2019-01-29-01-21-35-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-01-29-01-21-35-1 (resized).png
#306 5 years ago

Combo of playing like crap,tired from a 12 hour work day and to tight of tilt at this location.I played 26 games and only 1 good one,it was a little hard to get into when almost every time I would get multiball the game would tilt from just hitting the flippers but it has great flow and although it seems simple on the surface learning to maximize your score is going to be interesting.I enjoyed it but it will benefit from a few code updates I'm sure and could be argued that it needs it now but what stern release hasn't? It didn't really feel like any other game to me but at the same time it felt just like any stern if that makes sense.I think Munster fans will be happy but it's definitely not good enough to overcome a bad theme like Maiden at least not how it sits imo.that being said I can't wait to get mine set up the way I like it and throw the tilt bob in the trash where it belongs.

#320 5 years ago

Mine arrived at my friends today but with the cold weather I probably won't get it until Friday

#402 5 years ago

I've been informed mine is arriving tonight.I've put a about 40 games on it so far but it's hard to give an opinion when everytime I get a multi ball the game tilts from just flipping with more strength than just a finger.

#418 5 years ago

Having tons of fun but for some reason this thing kicks my ass!!!! I'm generally a fairly good player and play lots of tourneys but you wouldn't be able to tell with my scores and ball times.one things for sure I won't be getting bored any time soon.

20190201_015806 (resized).jpg20190201_015806 (resized).jpg
#479 5 years ago

I've been informed there is at least one easter egg done with a flipper code.I'll report back later as I get more info.

#484 5 years ago

The code I heard about is a Franchi code so there may be a few of them

#485 5 years ago

Works during attract mode

20190203_161344 (resized).jpg20190203_161344 (resized).jpg
#490 5 years ago

Hit both flippers to clear then hit flippers in this order....
Lx3
Rx1
Lx6
Rx1
Lx5
Rx2

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try this and let me know if it does anything:
Rx2

Nice,I changed mine already so I'm not sure what I should of seen but I saw my custom.

#498 5 years ago

I put a shaker on today.I only had tinme to play a couple games after but seemed to be integrated well. A little shake with each hit of the zap button,bigger shake when Herman is hit,pulsing shake when dragula fires and a giant shake when collecting jackpots are some that stick out.

#545 5 years ago

I finally remembered to play at midnight. I started a game about 11:59 and nothing happened and I know my clock is set correct.is there something I have to be doing to get it to work other than be playing a game at midnight?

#549 5 years ago

I have latest code and clock is set correctly.I'll try again tonight.doing need to be in the middle of a game for it to work?

#617 5 years ago

I've put up 136,000,000 as my best. my friend put up over 900,000,000 on my machine and 2,500,000,000 on location but he's last year's MI state champ and has skills that are far beyond your average tournament player like myself.

#646 5 years ago

Taking my translite to a Munsters release party with Christopher Franchi to have it signed later today.I also won a translite last night I'm going to take and have signed also and give that one away at my next house tournament.

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

No way to turn down auto launch power? Didn’t see it any of the game adjustments or standard adjustments?

I found it in mine and helped reduce air balls on launch and i turned up my draguala

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

On code .91 I only see Dragula launch power

Yes I'm 99% sure I turned it down

#737 5 years ago

If you want to score big you got to hit that kitty

#777 5 years ago

I moved my post and it helps a little but not much

#781 5 years ago

Throwing the tilt bob in the trash helps with the outlanes

#814 5 years ago

What about a Woof Woof shooter rod or some other mod?

#997 5 years ago

Absolutely put a shaker in!!!!!

#1072 5 years ago

Exactly my sediments Big D right about 100 games....

#1106 5 years ago

Sentiments lol

#1196 5 years ago

My grandpa scoop stopped working right before leaving for work so I only had a few minutes to look at it.I found a green wire hanging and soldered it back on and it still didn't work but after talking to a friend I realized the entire lug fell off and I soldered to the wrong one so I need to order a new one.can someone look up the part number for the switch so I can order it on break?

20190228_133230 (resized).jpg20190228_133230 (resized).jpg
#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Why wouldn't you call Stern support? It a new game...they will be happy to send you one!

I guess I could I just figured I needed some other things and Marcos would be quick but I just got off work early so I will contact stern as suggested.I'm new to nib I'm not used to having support.

#1200 5 years ago

Email was sent

#1252 5 years ago

Stern support has a switch on the way thanks snaroff for saving me a couple dollars

#1305 5 years ago

I had mine cycle through fine but without audio once the other 10 or so operated fine

#1492 5 years ago

Playing it 100 more times will sway you more than a mini playfield

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Yup mine is at .91. Where can I find instructions on updating the code once new code is released..?

Sterns website has download instructions and installation instructions are in the backbox

#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

makes working all these ungodly hours at the salt mine a lot more worth it.

My friend used to work in the salt mines but got fired for smoking weed down there.

#1630 5 years ago

For those wondering about the headlamp I play with Andy on occasion and have inquired about the lamp.It helps reduces the glare off the glass and it really helps combat the blinding from the lights and flashers.lol Flashlight Gordon is a good one.

#1714 5 years ago

Mine won't read either but this is the first time I ever downloaded anything so thought it was my fault.I had to go to the library because I don't have a computer.

2 weeks later
#2378 5 years ago

Moonshine and Munster !!! FUCK THE HATERS !!!!!!!

20190330_021918 (resized).jpg20190330_021918 (resized).jpg20190330_022605 (resized).jpg20190330_022605 (resized).jpg
#2615 5 years ago

So what kind of high scores is everyone putting up? Mine is 238,000,000 on a pro with the outlane post lowered (doesn't help much),liberal tilt,10 second ball save and extra balls turned off.generally I don't break 100 mil.

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So what are most of your guys thoughts on the no ball save factory settings? Im thinking i might like a short 5 second ball save. Love this game!

Fuck no ball save

#2668 5 years ago

The only thing that could of been dumber than no ball save would be no multiball

#2722 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Refreshing to hear someone is rolling up some games on their new pin.
These guys who come on with some 10 year old pin with 25 plays kill me.

I have about 600 plays on mine

#2752 5 years ago

I cash in super jackpots anytime I have a 6x multiplier on.i find canceling barely raises the points and not worth the risk of next time not having a 6x multiplier.

#2956 5 years ago

I scored 141 mil on MM 1 and my highest super jackpot was 59 miles with 8 sj lit (I think)

#3100 5 years ago

I was told by an op yesterday that some plastics were not treated right to reduce the static and will keep dusting/fogging up and if you call Stern they will send you a new window.

1 week later
#3427 4 years ago

I think they need to do something more with the spinner (Igor)maybe like disco multiball in dp were after so many spins you get a multiball or a 30 second 10x scoring.

1 week later
#3630 4 years ago

the more I play the lower pf the more I'm glad I bought a pro!!!!that basement gets old real fast!!!

#3633 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Your statement confuses me. If you own a Pro where are you getting in all the time the basement?

I have a friend with a premium and I play a few tournaments a week and play the Le on location.I would say I have 50+ games on a pre or Le.after about 10 games of the super skill shot to the basement I quit going for it because I didn't want to play the mini playfield more than necessary. If I owned a pre or Le the basement would be disabled.

#3634 4 years ago

It is probably the best mini playfield ever but at the end of the day it's still a mini playfield.....

#3693 4 years ago

The multipliers go 2x,3x,6x(both lit)you need to keep hitting kitty every once in a while or the multiplier times out.

#3768 4 years ago

I think you need to level your machine cotton

#3845 4 years ago

I had to go figure out why my friends Spot wasn't staying up when activated and found a playghoul magazine under the staircase on the playfield.

#4092 4 years ago

Actually you have to pull the post out and insert it into the lower hole and tapping it in will be necessary.

#4256 4 years ago

I have Munsters pro and Xmen Le back to back and it's a great contrasting combo I either play 2 games of Xmen or 15 games of Munsters

#4261 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Does that mean Munsters isn't nice or Xmen is easier?

It means they're both fun but in different ways.Munsters is a fast paced adrenaline rush with shorter ball times and Xmen is an epic pinball journey with long ball times and deep code.

#4263 4 years ago

Xmen is fast paced just easy to keep the ball alive compared to other games

1 week later
#4417 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I can’t find an adjustment to keep spot up longer. It needs one. I end up having to work the ramps to get it going at the end of game.

If it's going up and down instantly and not staying up during spot mode or in attract mode try a factory reset,not a reboot .I have no idea why but I tried everything on my friends machine and somehow just a factory reset got it working fine.

#4465 4 years ago

If you're having fun then you're doing good

1 week later
#4626 4 years ago

I just received my cliff protector kit and before I put them on I wanted to check about the Inlane protectors.I seem to remember reading not to use those because they will cause damage or something from the ball dropping on them.I really can't remember why but someone recommended not using them.can anyone give some insight or remember who posted it? I tried a thread search a general search but didn't find it.

4 weeks later
#4939 4 years ago

I'll be ordering soon

#4978 4 years ago

I would go with the translite,apron or simply a blank apron card.

1 month later
#5483 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Never talked with anyone that actually put time into playing it, that disliked the lower playfield. Nothing there to hate.

Well you haven't talked to me.for the record I don't like mini playfields in general and I think Munsters has the best mini playfield ever but it's still a mini playfield.when I first played the premium/Le I thought the basement was OK but like all mini playfields it got old quick and after playing about 15 games it was losing its novelty.I've now played my pro probably around 600 times and a premium/Le 50+ and I just can't stand the basement.I absolutely love my pro but the premium/Le is right there with the worst stern ever(gb)imo.my wife even commented last night how glad she was we didn't waste out money on the lower playfield.

#5485 4 years ago

I'll still play you if we ever meet up well just turn the basement off

#5489 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Wow, you can do that?

Yes

#5494 4 years ago

For the record I used to own haunted house

#5499 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How do you do that? There is no need to keep it a close secret

I don't have the premium but I've been told it's in the adjustment menu

2 weeks later
#5642 4 years ago

1015 plays on my munsters since I got it late January. I have a large collection and it hasn't got stale yet and is the favorite along with RFM with my friends.high score 238 mil and haven't seen Munster madness 2 yet.the only problems I've had are the common broken Herman plastic and the grandpa scoop switch had to be replaced.

1 week later
#5821 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

son of a bitch (sigh). I mention the above and decide I would like to play some Munsters and the Grandpa's Laboratory has decided it will not kick the ball out. The ball gets locked and then the lost ball locater finally kicks the ball out. i'll have to look into it when I have some time in a couple of days.

It's probably just the lead fell off the switch and you'll need a new switch it's been a common problem

#5913 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

A friend arrived for my Munsters a few weeks back. It's a Steve Ritchie classic and we are having a ton of fun with it as well. I can only imagine what some people around here would think of a home arcade with this lineup. Must be so boring to some people. Shockingly, I want to fill out my wall with an EM machine like Capt. Fantastic. Munsters will be my deepest machine by far lol.[quoted image]

I have all 3 of those and people love my collection

1 week later
#6106 4 years ago

Getting a new shirt printed for the haters

98421 (resized).jpeg98421 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#6380 4 years ago

Put leaf switch in the slot and bend........

1 week later
#6485 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How is this game with a shaker motor? I'm going to put one in mine.

How have you not already done this?it's freaking AMAZING!!!!!!

1 week later
#6653 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hmmm. I don't know. It is different.

Different = ugly as all fuck!!!!

#6729 4 years ago

Of you're waiting to light kitty you are doing it wrong!!!!!!!! That 230mil could of been so much more.

#6737 4 years ago

When you have a Playfield multiplier and you hit an unlit Kitty it keeps the timer running I believe it is 60 Seconds so hit the unlit kitty once in a while to keep whatever X you achieved active. And what about Herman multiball? It can be worth some good points if you stack 6x,Lilly and boosted I scored a 23mil hurry up to start my multiball.

2 months later
#7095 4 years ago

I was at 1300 last I checked

2 months later
#7469 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It doesn’t. It’s got 6 letters. Does anyone have Herman’s initials? If so, then you’re in business.

I tried researching if Herman had a middle name but came up short

3 weeks later
#7885 4 years ago

I'm going to pull the trigger on the topper as soon as they're back in stock.

1 week later
#8112 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Neon Green printed and attached.
A Munster Pinball machine can never have enough Spider webs
[quoted image]

That does look nice!!! Where did you find the webs?

#8113 3 years ago

Oh I see now printed them yourself that's even cooler now I want some.ive seen a machine with airbrushed webs on the speakers and it looked really cool as well.

#8138 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I am sorry it's not my design, i bought the design at:
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/home/shelf-support-in-spider-web
if it would be mine i would share it
It's a so simple design and just looking classy. i wish i was better at drawing, designing stuff.

No problem bud i have no problem paying for people's art and work.do you know the size in inches? I found some metal spiderweb bookshelf brackets that would work perfect and they make them in multiple sizes.

#8164 3 years ago

I would play a premium or le first there seems to be a split on Munster fans if the basement makes the game or ruins the game.

3 weeks later
#8481 3 years ago

This game is certainly not a beginners pin as stated by Stern but it is a phenomenal game for tournament players with the simplicity of rules but complexity of strategy.hitting herman first is NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO and keeping from an accidental hit is the hardest part of the game.if you want to increase your scores increase the amount if hits to start herman mb. I have to agree the zap button is pretty stupid.overall I find it fun and exciting and it gets a ton of play from me and guests of all skill levels and I have plenty of games to choose from.its not a game for everyone just like GB is my least favorite Stern ever and the favorite of my wife(she doesn't like munsters).

3 weeks later
#8680 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Dam let's see maybe: WOZ, TZ, POTC or BM66. I say one or two of those for sure

It couldn't of been bm66 because that one is more fun

1 month later
#8793 3 years ago

I've put those custom balls in a few pins they hold up fine but I replaced them because its harder to track then a regular ball and unless you have the ball in the shooter lane or holding on a flipper you cant see the picture on it.

#8807 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Little Shop of Games has been out of their green 9 piece protector set for months. Any know where I can get a similar set?
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-plastics/playfield-plastics-protectors/the-munsters-green-9-piece-plastic-protector-set-fluorescent-stern/

You can try Ulekstore but I know he was having a hard time getting materials

#8826 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

In photos, or in person, I was never a fan of the "highlighter green" T-Molding. I felt that it took away from the beautiful art on this machine. When I would round the stairs of my basement, my eyes were drawn to those two vertical lines. The translite pops much more now. I can't wait until the topper arrives.
Here is a link to what I used:
https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-textured-black-t-molding.html
Also, I made an adjustment that I think makes the game flow better: I disabled the top post. I didn't even know that was an adjustment until I was going through the menu today. The standard ball launch always felt clunky to me. Now, a full plunge will send it all the way around the staircase. I can short plunge if I want a launch more like the factory setting.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree I hate the green t-molding I've been wanting to change mine to purple for a year and a half now.are you aware that without disabling the post you can hold down the left flipper button before plunging this will lower the post and enable the super skill shot on the Marylin ramp.I always go for the super skill shot,personally I think it's the easiest of the 3 skill shots and worth the most plus if you can nail the super skill shot then combo the raven ramp you can start Spot immediately and get him out of the way.

2 weeks later
#8890 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can backhand either ramp too. Try practicing that.

You should be able to but I moved my game to a new spot and releveled it and haven't been able to backhand the left ramp since so I will be adjusting it until I can.

1 month later
#8988 3 years ago

I have the power blades and yes they are thick and hard to install but I think they look good and do not distract imo. I was under the impression that they were sound activated but mine just go in a repetitive pattern.i probably wouldn't recommend for the price but ive spent 300 on dumber things.

3 weeks later
#9064 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Looks like Hemisphere Pinball still has 4 Toppers available on EBay...ebay.com link » Stern Munsters Pinball Cuckoo Clock Topper Last Call 502 7083 00

Sold out i got the last one.I was freaking out when I saw 1 left because my credit card got hit with fraud and my new card hasn't arrived yet and my PayPal balance is less than I needed.I started messaging my pin buddies that would understand my addiction and take care of me and I found 1.

#9066 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Wow! premium price at $499.00.

yeah but whatcha gonna do? Possibly the last one and I can either go out in the garage and do a couple hours of my hobby or skip taking the wife out for dinner this weekend to make up the difference.

#9068 3 years ago

I would of ordered one when they first came out but I was bed ridden with 2 herniated discs and scoliosis and didn't want to deal with any topper issues so I figured I'd wait for the problems to get worked out.Since it doesn't look promising for another run I figured this may be the last chance and now I'm able to deal with any issues or repairs if needed.

#9078 3 years ago

I got my topper and it appears to work 100%. The clock spins and stops,the door opens and closes level(it doesn't close 100% but looking at the mechs it appears to be designed to have a little bit of gap), the raven moves in and out and the light inside blinds you. Was a purple replacement the consensus? And what size and style bulb is in there?

2 weeks later
#9163 3 years ago

I bought the last topper that was on ebay for $500 a few weeks ago thanks to the heads up from a fellow owner in this thread and it works 100%. I am having 1 dilemma though I dont have a computer and I bought an adapter for USB for my phone but I can't get my machine to read the download. Could I get a fellow pro owner to send me a verified working usb? I would gladly pay for the usb, shipping and send out a glass pipe or glass ink pen for a non smoker made by me. I'd love to have the new code on for my halloween tournament.

#9173 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Well said!! lol How cool that would have been if Stern was to pay homage to The Munsters and have new code released by Halloween.

I will be the only one that is mad since I have difficulty downloading code and gorditas is taking care of me tomorrow lol

1 month later
#9459 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

My cheap ass wouldn’t pay $400 when the topper was available. If the topper gave me a BJ while playing then I might be interested in one.

For $1200 I'll give you my topper and a bj

2 weeks later
#9506 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Munsters is a favorite in our home . My wife’s always afraid I’m going to trade it

Well lucky for her you can't give these away

#9508 3 years ago

If I want deep I move over 2 feet to Xmen

4 weeks later
#9634 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its intermittent tho, some games just fine. I'll try test later tho. Thx

Them switches were junk,they usually break off at the lug but it could be a bad switch or loose solder but I'd suspect the arm on the switch has bent a little and needs to be bent so it pushes the little button under the arm sooner and the contact point to the ball is a little higher.

1 week later
#9662 3 years ago

The lower playfield is a love it or hate it thing I personally hate it but the good thing is it can be turned off to play like the pro. Its not a complex game as far as modes and depth but there is strategy,I've made it to munster madness with 140 mil going in and I've made it there with 20 mil going in. Its nothing like any modern Stern imo and more comparable to whirlwind or f14 but amped up with the added playfield multiplier and the stacking super jackpots by canceling and combining with playfield multiplier. It can be easy enough for a decent player to get to Munster Madness but difficult enough if your trying to play for a high score like we used to do. Anyone else remember playing for high score and not mode completion? As far as the person that is talking about moving Deadpool for Munsters I think you're crazy lol but you like what you like. My Munsters is my first and only nib and has a few nice mods like powerblades and topper and its never leaving but if one of my friends offered a dp for mun trade I'm not sure I could say no.

#9677 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:Hi..... This could very well be considered normal.... But i will ask anyways.. Would anyone here happen to know a way to "Quiet" down the main flippers. They seem very noisy, making a loud mechanical sound at every press of the flipper buttons. Tnx

Better coil stops

#9680 3 years ago

I'm not 100% sure about this but was told this by a friend who has a newer build DP and IM and they both have a clunk to them,they even feel as if there's a harder clunk. I'm pretty sure I got my new coil stops for Munsters at Pinball Life and I could tell a major difference in the feel of the flip but mine where never loud with that clunk just dropping copper dust everywhere.i could tell a difference in sound on my Breakshot when I changed the coil stops. I'm going to buy him some new coil stops next time I order if doesn't get some first and I'll make sure I report back.

2 months later
#9836 3 years ago

I know nothing about coding but Munsters only needs a little boost and doesn't seem like it would take that long for a professional.anyone here code? Would it take longer than I think? How many hours would it take to add another mode,some callouts and clips? Maybe we can pitch in and send Dwight a check.

4 weeks later
#9875 2 years ago

I'd say 7k easy with topper and all the mods. I'm pretty sure you could get $1500 for the topper alone and splitting them up might fetch the most cash.

#9880 2 years ago

That topper will sell at $1500 and there's no way you can't get $5500 for the machine with all those mods.

#9894 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

It's mounted to my machine, and has been since the topper was released. That isn't flipping. Flippers take possession of an item with the sole intent of selling for a quick profit. I thought that I made it clear that I was seeking the market price, not the extra inflated one. I got lucky that toppers got so hot after buying one to enjoy. I bought low. The market is high.

Flip away with a clean conscience I may do the same $2500 might make it hard to say no.

#9897 2 years ago

I'd hate to see my topper go but my back already has.

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “$2200 firm until 12 pm Monday 5-24 then I'm pulling the ad and keeping it. You want it? $2200 if no one wants it idgaf I can make more money I can't make a new topper.”
2021-05-15
Monroe, MI
2,200 (Firm)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 1194 times

#9906 2 years ago

The shaker is amazing on this game.heres pic of my pro just shopped out with purple perfect play rubbers,what a pain to do them all but now it's all cleaned waxed and to fast for me lol.

20210517_115618 (resized).jpg20210517_115618 (resized).jpg
#9908 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

You know. I passed on those flipper decorations thinking maybe they wouldn’t look good on a color premium. But they look really nice with the purple rubbers. Where did you get them?
And I agree. The shaker on this game is great!

I bought them over 2 years ago and don't remember but I'll try and figure it out

#9910 2 years ago

Here's the flipper bat toppers
https://mezelmods.com/products/munsters-pinball-flipper-toppers

I've got the full cliffy set on mine as well and I had to remove the switch protector on the left side as balls continually got hung up on the lip of the protector. Has anyone else had that issue? I had the open end up but something about this game and how the balls hit on the left side kept it getting hung up.

I've had it get stuck maybe 3-4 times in 2k plays and a little shake gets it loose but my machine is pitched extremely high so I can see that being an issue for some people. I wonder if you could bevel it down a little for a smoother rollover.

1 week later
#9918 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I have two of the apron covers left. All of you black and white premium owners should take a look at this. This is a nice touch to add to your machine. I can let these two go for $100 each, plus shipping. Take a look and let me know what you think.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm wondering how that would look on a pro? I've considered stripping my armor and lockdown bar down to the metal and adding on some rivets or something to given it that full industrial look to match the wire forms.

1 month later
#9956 2 years ago
Quoted from Whynot:

I joined the club a few weeks ago with a beautiful LE.
I’m looking for some tips on elevating my scoring. Admittedly, I am a not the greatest of pinball players but I can’t seem to get a respectable score even for me. Not even 1/10th of the previous owner’s high scores. Even when I reach Munster Madness, I’m not getting big scores.
Any strategy suggestion appreciated.

if the kitty is lit hit it,without 6x scoring you'll never catch the previous owner.also cancel super jackpots until you have a bunch stacked and 6x going and try not to start Herman right away and get the kitty/playfield multiplier going before starting him by completing other characters first.

1 week later
#9986 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Interesting, i just ordered one... It doesn't appear to have the middle apron card window cutout like yours does?? I'm hoping it doesn't.... I actually bought it to coverup the middle b&w apron card.. Here's the website image..
[quoted image]
https://wizardmod.com/products/the-munsters-premium-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

That is an entirely different product and imo not comparable.both look like great mods though and I will be buying the pro version of the magnetic apron cover.if I had the b&w premium I would go with the one from @rickmaz as I think it looks classier than the cheaper magnetic ones.

#9989 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Oh, so a few folks are making magnetic aprons... i'm using the replacement cards.. do you have a link to the b&w @rickmaz one?? Tnx[quoted image]

I think you just message him here on pinside. I've had this idea since I got mine in January 2019 to make my whole machine (pro) look "rough" like that apron cover to match the rough welded wire forms. Ideas I had was to sand down or get new rails,lockdown bar,legs and hinges that are raw metal look and weld or affix some bolts.the rickmaz apron cover would fit my idea well but doesn't work with the pro.

#10007 2 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Is the run on these done, meaning what’s out there is out there? Or will there be another run? I’d like to pick up a Premium NIB, no rush at all, but I can’t find anyone taking orders at all so I’m assuming it’s done being produced?

Don't quote me but I seem to remember hearing pro and b&w premium are done but 1 more run of color premium.

2 weeks later
#10046 2 years ago

Forget tmnt premium so the question is do you want an extremely difficult game or an extremely easy playing game? Tmnt pro is hard Elvira is easy.

1 month later
#10226 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Does anyone have a super band purple kit on their Munsters? Looking for pics on how it looks.

I have all purple rubbers on my pro but I think the are Perfect Play from Pinball Life.i think they look great if you want a pic of mine I can get a couple.

#10230 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya! I just wanna see what all purple is like

595dfc1ad1642b7d27a7525f1779cb8818f5a74f (resized).jpg595dfc1ad1642b7d27a7525f1779cb8818f5a74f (resized).jpg
#10232 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Thanks! Looks good! The route games are just EATING rubbers on the flippers and randomly a ring will break. Trying to just switch over to silicon I think. I'll start with flippers and see if the owner will spring for the big full kits when I shop the games.

There's really not many rubbers on a Munsters so the big full kit isn't very big

2 months later
#10337 2 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Looks like no code update for Xmas

Fuck Stern

2 weeks later
#10391 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone have any extra Wolfie plungers or the stern toppers they’d be willing to part with?

Not at a reasonable price

#10393 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’m an avid munster fan looking to be taking advantage of haha

i was ready to take advantage of the "market" a few months back but not so sure now

#10398 2 years ago

I like to get it out of the way by stacking it with Grandpa. Get grandpa qualified but don't start it. Start spot then shoot the scoop and grandpa will start. At least on the pro. This way you get 2 kitty shots right off the bat and I usually try to start Lily to get the third. Once the modes are complete start herman and increase playfield to 6x. Then start Raven keeping it a 6x. Then start munster madness with continued 6x. Even if I don't pick up the supers for spot or grandpa by this point I usually have 5 or 6 supers to cash in for 35-40 mil and munster madness is going crazy.
Then just rinse and repeat for the second/third trips to munster madness. Huge points and avoids spot for the most part.

Great strategy,pretty much how I go about it. I almost never try to collect spot instead I shoot for lily and kitty and if I collect those quick I'll go for Eddy. Spot is the most dangerous shot in the game and not worth much in points even with the multiplier.

#10422 2 years ago

It's a Christmas miracle

#10429 2 years ago

You guys owe me lol. I'd been holding out and have a great offer for my topper and quoted someone a price for the rest of the machine and 2 hours later they release new code.

Quoted from Lopa:

The timing of this drop was impeccable.

#10436 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

A very welcome update, but no insider connected?

Let's hope not I was just informed the new codes with IC won't work unless you have the IC kit installed

#10443 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What’s a tje kit?

The insider connected kit. 2 people have verified to me this code will work without it.

#10458 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

So.... let's pretend the code doesn't work and makes it worse... want to sell the topper?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c1cf570c985c4d80abb518f49b63dc069b51c21f-1640210747-1800"};
//]]>

If I sell it will be to you

#10540 2 years ago

The new code does seem to have some bugs as mentioned. Most notable on the pro is the scoop lighting up with nothing happening when hit and the 2.5 mil on startup on couch potato challenge. Not fully understanding the chattering teeth and how to collect them and why I'm collecting them. Anyone else notice in the dj mixer there is a track labeled "wizard mode multiball"?

1 week later
#10587 2 years ago

Been putting serious thought into selling or trading my pro after 3 years but not sure I can let it go.I suffer from serious sellers anxiety.

1 week later
#10674 2 years ago

Totally disagree about midnight madness and couch potato being part of the actual game. MM is on a few games like GB and JY and that's where it needs to stay,only at midnight if you want to play it more change your clock.CP is a fun mini mode like on Tmnt with half shell challenge and also imo is right where it should be.

#10684 2 years ago

I do agree midnight madness would work well as a mode and could fit in nice as a wizard mode for beating munster madness 3 or completing enough spinners or completing a set amount in all 3 super spinners,super pops and super orbits.

#10710 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Question about the Stern Munsters Topper. The Raven mechanism in mine is not working properly. Would best describe it as being sticky, such that Raven and the door get stuck part way out when they should be fully retracted. It has gotten to the point where Raven and the door are always permanently 1/2 way out. I suspect this question has been asked before. Can someone point me in the right direction to a solution? Also need to know how much of the topper I would need to take apart to work on this issue. Thanks.

That was a common problem on the first run. There's some discussion on the topic way back maybe some of the authors can steer you to the post number of the start of the discussion.

1 week later
#10771 2 years ago

On the pro am I correct that you need 48 chattering teeth to now start grandpa instead of just hitting all 4 stand-up targets once then any other of the 4 to start?

1 week later
#10886 2 years ago

What is the best email address for bug reports? And what is the best email to request a new plastic for the Herman replacement?

I've found a bug with the start up of midnight madness when draining a ball right at midnight.

#10891 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you have the answer for the plastic
and about code, post it here, for what i see Corey is reading/following
(and off topic, let me say it again : i love your immamaculate avatar ! )

Pro model

I was playing just before midnight and  completed a few characters. I center drained and i think the bonus screen started but im not 100% sure of that then everything shut down,chimed 3 times then the screen came back on went to the end of ball bonus screen and onto the next ball skipping midnight madness.

#10894 2 years ago

Couch potato is a fun little mode. This is my best score to date. Not sure how much more score is possible.
[quoted image]

Almost got you

20220209_224729 (resized).jpg20220209_224729 (resized).jpg
#10941 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

You can’t set it for midnight madness exclusively.
You have to change the time on the machine itself to run ahead so that it thinks midnight is whatever time you think is better for you.
Also, afterward you save the new time, you need to turn the machine off then back on.

I change my clock for midnight madness all the time and have never had to turn the machine off then on for it to work. I just set the time for about 11:58 and start a game.

1 week later
#10982 2 years ago

I'd sell my topper for $2400

1 week later
#11024 2 years ago

I will be listing my pro soon

#11031 2 years ago

Ad up for my Munsters

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Huo 1st owner purchased January 2019 and has no pooling or chipping. It had 2450 plays the other day but will go up since it may leave soon I'm gonna be playing extra. Theres about...”
2022-03-08
Monroe, MI
6,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 705 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11036 2 years ago

I have an official Srern Wolfie shooter rod available for $300

#11046 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Would anyone happen to know if there is a way in the service menu to change the hand on the topper clock forward/reverse? My topper's clock hand is off by an hour and my machine's clock is set to the correct time.

Pretty sure the topper does not keep time

#11057 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:I’ve got both games (loaded B/W premium) and I play them both about the same amount. Both great games I feel. Both play completely different. Munsters is reasonably shallow rules wise but is an awesome shooter and challenge. GnR can be a little clunky at times but those rules are awesome. Hard for me to choose. I think you’re going to see plenty of GNR pop up but if we can get maybe just that one more code update with a wizard mode Munsters may become a top level pin.
While I’m here I just have to share this. Played the best game to date by a country mile the other night. 5 times Munster madness. Would have been wonderful if maybe that 5th or even 4th was a true wizard mode.
[quoted image]

Wow that's an amazing score. There's is wizard mode music in the dj mixer so hopefully there's still another update coming.

#11060 2 years ago

Well guys I left the club it was a great 3 years with just over 2500 plays but I have to sell a Stern to get a Stern and I was ready for a new game. Found a local trade for a Godzilla I couldn't pass up.

#11065 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Holy cow a Munsters for a Godzilla! Amazing!

Right? I threw in a little cash but still was a great trade.

2 months later
#11228 1 year ago

My friend is opening a horror themed shop in Chicago on Friday and has Butch Patrick coming in Sunday. I already sold my Munsters but if any of you are in Chicago you should swing by and get your translite or apron cards signed.

FB_IMG_1653076812734 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1653076812734 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#11378 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

How much is a. Munsters topper worth these days?

Sold mine for 2400

1 year later
#11721 5 months ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

New code, only looks like new.node board software and some pricing changes unfortunately

Yup, I was so excited for you guys then I read the read me file.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.