IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Anybody else's game crash during midnight madness? I've played it twice now and 30 seconds in the game shuts down and reboots. It's killer while it lasts though.

Could be a bug in the code but, but the output from your power supply may also be slightly low. This has been a problem with Spike on and off since it's sensitive to voltage drops. Usually these resets happen when a lot is going on in a multiball (like Midnight Madness). Put a multimeter on the output leads on the power supply (not the power distribution board) and see if it reads at or slightly above 48v output (48.1, 48.2). If it's even 47.9, use the pot to turn it up a smidge to get it to 48v or 48.1v.

I've played Munsters Midnight Madness (killer mode, probably the best intro to a MM ever done) a number of times and never had it reset, so it sounds like it may be the voltage issue on yours.

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

If you haven’t played midnight madness yet it is fantastic. Took me by surprise. I never set my clock right ha ha!

The best intro to midnight madness ever. Really enjoyed it and the mode.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I finally remembered to play at midnight. I started a game about 11:59 and nothing happened and I know my clock is set correct.is there something I have to be doing to get it to work other than be playing a game at midnight?

Clock set to 11:59 AM or PM? Maybe your clock is off by 12 hours.

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

That or are you in the old code? Has to be .91

Ah, right. Midnight Madness wasn't added until .91. I've been 'boned.

#551 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I have latest code and clock is set correctly.I'll try again tonight.doing need to be in the middle of a game for it to work?

Yeah, it has to change to midnight while a game is in progess.

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Wha kind of scores are people putting up? I think my high so far is around 78 mil.

~150 million, although I think I could do a lot better now that I understand the multiplier/zaps/super jackpot stacking, but it's on the route now so I have less opportunity to play it.

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Spot does suck the way it is in the current code now. Worth almost nothing, risky out of control shot and locks out everything while it is playing. During our launch party on Sunday I got Start Spot as a mystery award on ball 1 during one of my playoff rounds and it was basically a penalty instead of an award since it blocked all my progress.

YES! Having a series of shots to get rid of Spot (feed him?) when you don't want his seemingly eternal mode would be a welcome code addition.

1 week later
#881 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Way thrilled stern has started putting on cliffy-styled protectors!!
[quoted image]

It's not new. Stern has been ripping Cliff off with these since Ghostbusters, but they are thicker than Cliffies and affect slow ball movement.

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Lets see if the Munsters can out earn the top dog in this lineup.
[quoted image]

It easily jumped to the top on the route I help with. But you can't really tell how a new pin will earn until a couple months in when the honeymoon period is over.

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Exciting day and happy to share first pics of Munsters LE #122.

Munsters Super Skill shot will teach you bad habits that mess with your Iron Maiden play. I find myself always changing the song between balls now accidentally as I reflexively hold down the left flipper at the beginning of each ball.

1 week later
#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok, here is mine with black legs, gold bolts and leg levelers.
Wayyy better then gold legs.
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image]

A huge improvement in the LE aesthetic - a very unified look now. Love the change!

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Midnight madness started on my game then the game died and restarted so I turned back the time and tried it again and the same thing happened
Game goes dead then says “restarting”
Anyone know what gives ?

Might be something specific to the LE, but it may also be that the output from your power supply is a tiny bit too low, which causes resets on Spike. Check to make sure you're getting 48v out of the power supply as it heads to the input on the power distribution board.

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

fwiw, the Midnight Madness reboot happened to me on a Pro.

I think there was a problem with the Pros rebooting in Midnight Madness and elsewhere before 0.91 was released, but after 0.91 I don't think any Pros have had the issue, thats why I said his may be something specific to the LE or a slightly low power supply output that can be adjusted easily.

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Completely incorrect.
There is a known bug with Midnight Madness resets on 0.91

We haven't had any reboots on the Pro here (and I have the clock shifted 12 hours on the route so people can get it at noon - it comes up a lot), so I assumed 0.91 fixed it.

#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Shaker motor test is in the coil menu.
I like the shaking, just don't like the noise that comes with it. I'll have to look around and see if I can figure out what is vibrating that isn't supposed to.

You can adjust the tension at the top of the shaker motor bracket with that screw that runs the length of it. Adjusting that usually takes care of noises like what you're talking about.

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Pretty sure Stern shakers don’t have that bolt across the top of the shaker.

Ah, sorry, Pinballlife are all we get these days. Been a while since I've even seen a Stern shaker.

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have seen people talking about this but ive played 2 pros on location and i never noticed any problems with the shooter lane or the auto or manual plunging.
Is this a problem or isnt it? Im close to ordering a pro but if there is some type of design flaw id rather wait.

We have the issue on the Pro here. Hits the underside of the wireform ramp over the shooter lane about 30% of the time. I'll eventually get around to putting a washer on the ramp supports to raise it a little.

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you resolve the problem? The only thing im not understanding is how on earth did Stern forget to recess the ramp into the shooter lane? Do all the other games that they have built have the ramps recessed into the shooter lanes?

Likely another cost reduction.

#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Agreed. It's not a problem on Beatles, since there is no ramp for the ball to strike. Just feels a little clunky sometimes. On Munsters, mine behaves like Vireland's (hits the ramp 30% of the time).
Would love to know the background on something like this. Can't imagine the PF manufacturer would charge by the cutout. Munsters has cutouts on the Dragway ramp.

It's all time and attention. And time is money. It's likely another cost reduction to save a few cents per playfield.

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really surprised by the long ball saves and other things people are doing to make it much eaiser. The game is rather shallow and i think the factory settings with a 7.2 angle are perfect combination for most players. I have alot of shorter games when i go for the super skill and just flip away . But if you actually take time and focus on things its not to bad. I wanna be punished for bad shots and just flipping wild . Things get boring quickly if its to easy especially with shallower code . That's just my take on things but people can set things up however they want ...easy/ difficult it don't matter as long as your having fun. Guess i like things difficult bc when you bring everything together its just that much better. Imo

No ball save on location is not nice. I turned it on since most of the people playing at the location it's at are casuals. My feeling is if the ball is lost in the first 5 seconds, most people affected by this are casuals who do not need to be punished and discouraged, especially since they paid cash for a little entertainment. A ball save at the beginning of the ball doesn't really help good players that much.

#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm only talking about home play

Either way, a ball save at the beginning of the ball doesn't really help good players that much. Scoring is blown up well after the first 5 seconds of play.

#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me. The difficulty comes in scoring big. That’s what keeps a nerd like me coming back. No quick way to points. Have to be methodical about it.

Kitty is the biggest shortcut. 6x multiplier will give you reasonable points pretty quickly. Don't take any super jackpots until you get it to 6X.

#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I have noticed the same thing, it is definitely a bug. I thought I used to have a link or email address to report code bugs to stern but can't find it anymore.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Also, either Spike II still has memory leak problems and Stern is rebooting it daily at 24/7 locations (most likely since they've been doing this since at least Iron Maiden instead of fixing the leak), or there's an attract mode reboot bug on Munsters. I've caught it live and on video rebooting in attract mode a number of times.

Normally I would maintain a release bug list like I have for Iron Maiden, KISS, etc so they're all in one place here on Pinside and reported to Stern automatically by me, but we're out on Munsters so I won't have one around to check bug reports. The Pro on the route here is going away in the next week or two and we're not getting the Premium as originally planned.

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Someone posted a link of a place to stream the episodes of The Munsters. I did some searching using the keyword search but couldn't come up with anything, does anyone know where the link is or website?

Here you go:

https://archive.org/details/The_Munsters

#1750 5 years ago

If you're using Windows to unzip it, use something like WinRAR instead. The built-in winzip extractor has problems with the Stern zips sometimes. Makes a bad file, but won't give you an error so you know.

#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Sorry but as a location owner and someone that plays competitively I have to disagree. I see it all the damn time. Ball saves definitely help the "good player." Endless destruction happens after a "good player"drains and barely gets the ball save. 2nd chance for a newbie=luck.
2nd chance for a "good player"=f@ck.
I'm just sad they coded it to have a ball save at all. It seemed like Dwight wasn't going to until people bitched. I'm all for the art of the design and i respect the no b.s. design. I'll set my ball save to zero but 50 cents a game, as it should be, like taxi, addams and bride. True fear shouldn't cost a dollar.

We clearly have different clientele. 95% noobs at the locations I help with. Games often under 90 seconds. Ball save is good customer service.

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Plastic Leveling.
Ok - which of these photos is correct?
I will ask Stern as well.
Call the first picture (A) - plastic meeting the beveled wood edge. (B) raised plastic to meet wood 1/4” into playfield.
Thx
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to tell from the pictures what kind of gap there is between the mini pf cover and the playfield routed edge, but if you lay a level across it, the mini playfield cover should be the same height as the playfield.

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Why am I having trouble getting my Munsters le to update the new code... can someone help. Is it the tumb drive?? Format 32. Cleared thumb drive. Downloaded the spk 0.96 update. Transferred to thumb drive...game doesn’t recognize it. Do thumb drives go bad..? Beatles did this too. But Beatles eventually took

What are you unzipping with?

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

The Game Feature Matrix lists:
1. Separate Base and Treble adjustment
2. Fade Control for front and bottom speakers
3. Line out connector for external audio amplification.
Then the manual lists adjustment #63 an external volume knob function and #64 Mute cabinet when headphones detected
Anyone know where all these adjustments, knobs and connectors are? Can headphones can be plugged in somewhere? Thanks for your help.

You need the Stern headphone kit that mounts in the door to plug in the headphones. $99.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stern-headphone-jack-kit-for-spike

#2045 5 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks for all the help with specs and tests, my friend! [quoted image]

Are you going to offer one to protect the Grandpa hole, replacing the crappier Stern one?

#2052 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

I'm running 0.96 on my LE and have noticed about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time the mini saucer in the lower PF does not register that the ball is there - it just sits and sits there. Have also had the machine not recognizing that the ball has drained into the trough, intermittently. These seem like software bugs.
Other than that, and wanting the shaker motor situation (RPM adjustment, please?), loving my Munsters LE and getting better at it over time. Wife likes it to, which is good. Though got in trouble tonight when I said I might get the new Stern Topper when it comes out!!

Same problem KISS and a few other have had. You just need to adjust the switch arm.

#2055 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Just curious if anyone has come up with a fix for the right lower PF ramp not registering shots? Turned down the flipper power to soft and still on that machine it doesn't register the ramp shot most of the time. Pulled the lower PF glass and checked the opto and it registers every time but when the ball is moving fast it just doesnt get it.

You can film it with an iphone in slo-mode mode to see if the ball is going over the opto, but if that's not happening, try covering the bottom half of the opto with black construction paper.

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I want RPM control on shaker as well.
Have you sent in an email?
If not, please do so here:
[email protected]
Thx

Not necessarily even RPM control. If they had a shaker strength adjustment from 0 to 100% like they do for the LED/Flasher brightness that would mesh with the current interface and would be a pretty easy global add.

And as long as we're dreaming, I'd like to see Stern standardize the volume of music and effects across all machines from here out. Why they aren't normalizing everything to a set standard is completely beyond me.

1 week later
#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

what is the correct shaker motor to get? best price?

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

$99.95 plus shipping. They have the official Stern one, too, but that's an extra $50 down the toilet for functionally the same thing. Use that $50 difference and $25 more for art blades instead.

#2274 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I read somewhere that putting a non-Stern shaker in would void the warranty on a new game. Is this true?

That happened mostly because when the spike transition first happened, the non-Stern shaker motors were taking out node boards due to a design change/sensitivity no one outside Stern knew about (pinball life took care of the people affected AFAIK). Hasn't been a problem for a few years, but yes, buying ANYTHING non-Stern (mods, etc) technically voids the warranty.

We use pinball life spike (and SAM) shakers exclusively and have never had a problem. Stern's is overpriced, and the red tremor from cointaker makes unpleasant shaking that's more like a jackhammer.

#2292 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

You can get the Stern shaker from Stern for $99 if you want to stick with Stern add ons. Not sure why other sites are selling it for $149.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-spike-system-games

A> That's nice, but they've been sold out for a while (try checking out) and their shipping is generally atrocious.
B> They're so lazy they have a picture of a SAM shaker kit - it's not even a spike kit.

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So what are the NIB premiums actually going for ? Less than the stated $7600?

Call around and you'll likely save hundreds.

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So what’s the latest code for Munsters?
Me LE is arriving real soon.. looking forward to playing it.
Played the premium at EAG in London back in January, and yeah it looks better in the flesh.

Latest code is 0.96. I wonder if the machines at TPF were running something newer...

1 week later
#2790 5 years ago

PRO V0.98 - April 1, 2019 <-----Dated April Fool's, but came out 4/8/19
=========================
Fixed:
- Fixed ALLOW SPOT ATTRACT adjustment. If off it will stop the toy from
raising in the attract mode.
- Fixed an issue where tilt would go on too long after all the balls where
drained.
- Fixed sounds being called during test mode
- Fixed the timing of the Zap Jackpot background lamp effect. Zap Jackpot will
no longer show through when they should not.

New:
- Added Herman Multiball Jackpot lamp effect.
- Added Munster Madness Multiball Jackpot lamp effect.

Tweaked:
- Tweaked Shaker motor effect during Super Jackpot award sequence. It's now
less intense and it's more fun.
- Added more intelligence to Mystery. It will start something when the player
has less going on.
- Made the skill shot timer not pause for inactive balls.
- Removed the feature adjustment - START GAME ON CREDIT. This functionality is
now handled by the system.
- Improved the volume and priority of the GRANDPA LABORATORY kick-out sounds
- Reduced how many areas are needed for the first set of areas in MUNSTER
MADNESS LEVEL I from 5 areas to 3. Better than average players that can
trap-up the balls and shoot the lower playfield will have less of what is
easy for them and be more challenging overall. After the 3 sets of areas the
player is forced to play the whole game and put the ball at risk more.

Plus a bunch of system stuff, the only one that's really important is:
Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings
to / from a USB thumbdrive.

Also, "standard" pricing is now $1/1 or $5/7 with the new system.

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

FYI: you’re also going to need some sort of spacer. I’m in the middle of doing the same. Got the larger mounting plates etc. the manual shows a speaker gasket and 1/2 inch spacers used in the LE setup. We’ll also need a spacer of some sort. Otherwise the tweeter is hitting the front speaker panel mesh grill.

All the Stern part numbers are in my speaker/amp update thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

2 months later
#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Does anyone know what those 8 dots right to the zap meter mean? They shift when you press the flipper buttons.[quoted image]

Braille code on its side? That's an "H", but it doesn't account for the last two dots...

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t believe this one bit.
I have no idea what the 8 dots represent, but they have a purpose. I suspect a clue on how to get to secret mania.

It could also be a byte in which case the picture "01001100" would be a "2"

Watching some of the streams, "t" and "v" come up a lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.