IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballerwannabe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9817 3 years ago

Well, I did it - I bought my first pin - and I went big with the Munsters LE. I’ve been in the market for awhile and lurking on Pinside enough to see a lot of trash talk on Munsters code depth. That spooked me a bit, but I had played the pro version several times and really liked it - so I put a deposit down on a new Premium color version Stern is supposed to run this month. The distributor called me last week to let me know he had taken in a mint-condition LE w/ 137 plays on it - in case I wanted to see the lower playfield in action...2 days later, I played it and had to have it. It was delivered 2 days ago and I can’t stop smiling - this machine is awesome!

If they do update the code - great - if they don’t, it will still be bolted to my game room floor and I’ll still be smiling.

1D059A57-AA3D-47CA-A211-7C10558624E0 (resized).jpeg1D059A57-AA3D-47CA-A211-7C10558624E0 (resized).jpeg
#9823 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Looks like you had that spot especially made for pinball (except when you get your second one )

Funny you should mention that - there is another cubby on the other side of the mantle...currently taunting me with its emptiness - my Munsters needs a buddy. I was contemplating a kegerator for the other side, but another pinball machine would be more symmetrical...and more fun (at least during the week).

#9824 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

welcome to the addiction! Great start for sure.

Thanks - it really is like an addiction - I’m all in - played all weekend on my new machine, but still went out last night and played games in the wild

#9825 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Welcome to the club and grats on ignoring the negative comments here on Pinside. This is one of the best pinball games ever made, even if Dwight doesn’t do the right thing and update the code more. It is sooo fun to play, our family loves it. Honestly, who doesn’t like the Munsters?

I know, right - I started watching the reruns a few months ago on the Peacock app - they have all 70 episodes (free) - still really funny - and something the family can watch together.

#9826 3 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Congrats on the LE! I pulled the trigger on an LE 2 months ago. I was worried about the negative reviews as well but glad I went for it. Enjoy and welcome to the club!

Thanks - definitely enjoying it - how about that shaker motor on the bonus and multi-ball modes? If I had bought the pro or premium that is an upgrade I’d have put a lower priority on, but what an impact that has!

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Put a Stern TMNT Premium there. It's another Dwight code game. Family friendly but very different from Munsters.
I think they complement each other well. [quoted image]

I haven’t played TMNT - I’ll have to give it a try.

How do you like the virtual pin? It looks like a nice one.

#9839 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Last run was supposed to be in Feb and then done.
Maybe that last run got postponed due to Covid, parts supply or orders/demand.

I think it must have been pushed back - I put the deposit down in March and the distributor told me I was getting the last of one of his 4 allotted and his best guess on timeframe was late April. I know my slot was quickly snapped up by the next of several he had on a waitlist when I switched to the LE he got in. The only one Stern planned to run was the Premium color version - a little surprising to me since I thought the black and white version was more popular.

#9840 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

The vpin is nice. I have all the arcooda pinball arcade, zen pinball fx3, and Zaccaria tables on it. Plus some stand alones like Pinball Wicked which scratches the Pirate theme itch.
I have the Kinect hooked up to it also and can play all the pinball arcade games in 3D without glasses.
I got the cab pre-built which I know some have strong feelings about. It came with windows 7 and all the zen tables properly licensed.
But I upgraded it to windows 10, pinup popper, and added Zaccaria, arcooda, and visual pinball to it myself. I’m constantly tinkering with it. It’s got a 4k playfield but the video card couldn’t keep up so I put in an RTX Titan.
It’s a nice way to play tables that I can’t fit or don’t exist in real life. But it’s still no substitute for the real thing.

I’m intrigued by the idea of a virtual pin - I play all the time on my iPad so I guess that is pretty good proof of concept that it would hold my interest. The cost and my somewhat limited and antiquated knowledge of MS OS’s are holding me back.

3 weeks later
#9868 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Does anyone know of a place that has any Munsters LE or premium's NIB for sale? I'm late to the game but would like it to be my first NIB game. Thanks.

Stern is doing one more run of the color premium - might be some unspoken for - here is an ad on pinside

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1160-classic-game-rooms/03194-stern-munsters-color-premium-pinball-machine-august-produc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballerwannabe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=pinballerwannabe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.