Topic Stats

• 9,627 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Jnyvio
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,751 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

File_000 (6) (resized).jpeg
61eUOiKbejL._AC_SY355_ (resized).jpg
20201222_182850 (resized).jpg
20201223_124426 (resized).jpg
20210117_013438 (resized).jpg
48AF54F8-5238-4684-A911-A5E6D8252061 (resized).jpeg
0B616360-0333-405E-8838-31E7ECCFE1D8 (resized).jpeg
8dda877b6bd28ecf61fb41a01918cd2fbb446311.png (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7347 (resized).jpeg
c12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpg
fd4a3ae08810c919b5db4a5c4a132c16fd7436a5 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210114-103618_Outlook (resized).jpg
Stern-Pinball-Flipper-Service-Kit-Munsters-Plastic-19 (resized).jpg
broken must plast 19 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Munsters LE on order - excited! First NIB for me: question for group - do you guys recommend cabinet protectors be installed between the cabinet and legs? I saw in a SDTM video that there was some possible confusion about washers coming with the leg bolts - install the washers or not? Also, anyone purchased the magnet play field protector mod from the Mod Couple and have an opinion about it one way or the other?

We still use cabinet felt on every game. Stern uses metal brackets on the cabinets, however if the leg is not fitted correctly, it can still rub through the decal, very quickly if the game has a shaker. New Playfields are not what they used to be, I am not sure how fussy you are with the playfield. New playfields have different clear (and more coats of clear) and different wood (the wood used to make playfields is not as old and more) to the old ones. The edges on your playfield will most likely start chipping from day one (especially the shooter lane), The playfield will dimple and you may get some crazed inserts. This seems to have become the norm over time for a lot of people. At a minimum we fit a full set of Cliffys and fully wax the playfield on every new machine before we plunge a ball. I personally am not sure if the new playfields are better or not. They definitely are a lot shinnier and look a million bucks if you look after them. I am very interested to see how they hold up in 10 years time. There are plenty of threads on here so you can make your own mind up.

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There is no decal Under the leg. Stern now cuts the side art around the leg profile FYI.

Thanks for the info. For the sake of $10.00 we fit the felt protectors. We feel much safer that way.

15495863689662351786965321351264 (resized).jpg15495864297884415556539515489154 (resized).jpg

#596 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Definitely not a fact as I am guessing but the first time I seen it was Deadpool. Smarter collectors then I would know for sure.[quoted image]

The Stern cabinets have been like that for a fair while. I know TF was not like that, so not long after that. Point is the leg will still damage the decal if it is not fitted properly. we have been bitten twice, no more. $10 worth of felt is a good insurance policy for us.

#598 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

FYI - as of yesterday, Cliff informed me he was working on orders from November. So if you want any Cliffys on your Munsters before you play it, you are going to be looking at your game and not playing it for a bit....

Thanks for the info! I am going to email him an order today.

We get on with Cliffy very well and we have plenty of spares. I think we can make a shooter lane protector for Munsters from the Cliffys we keep in stock at home. If the game needs to sit there while we wait, so be it. We live in Australia so we are still at least 6 or 8 weeks before we get our machine anyway.

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My GOT is like this too.

We have an Original ACDC Luci (wood backbox) and it is like that too. We do not have anything earlier, we have sold them all to keep buying new games!

2 weeks later
#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally everyone is allowed their own opinion. So I'll offer mine Munsters Pro is one of the worst games Stern has ever made PERIOD!
People bash on the Beatles but if you love the Beatles and you're not a huge pinball fan there is nothing to hate about that game. The Beatles looks retro, really delivered theming wise to any real Beatles fan. That pinball looks amazing, graphics are outstanding, as for a game its boring yeah its boring. But honestly I think Stern was going for a different market therefore the game is great. It is easy to play, themed awesome, and focuses on the young Beatles with a really cool retro feel.
Munsters on the other hand is a pinball game, there aren't Munsters fans who will pay 8k for a 5k game much less 25k again for a 5k game.
Munsters is BORING. There is nothing unique here just more of the same borrow from other games they've recently done.
I'm okay with it for Beatles but not okay for Munsters.
With all the cool licenses Stern has why even do Munsters? Maybe because they tried to rain on the parade of Monster Bash. Monster Bash LE is a HOME RUN 10 out of 10, Munsters at best is a 5 out of 10.
I haven't seen the LE yet but once I do I can leave a different review. Hoping the lower playfield ads more fun into an otherwise boring game.

Yes I agree with you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I love MB too. Did you buy a Munsters pinball machine? Out of respect to Pinsiders that have dropped a considerable amount of coin on this game, this is an owners club. Plenty of negativity on the other Munsters threads for you to add to.

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Compared to most titles i dont think there is alot of negativity overall... its just the same few people over and over for the most part. We sld be celebrating another fun pin release imo instead of focusing on the negativity.

@bigd1979 the negativity normally does not bother me.

We are really looking forward to getting our LE. The thing looks awesome in all the photos and I cannot wait to see it in person.

4 weeks later
#2283 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I think it’s great BK is dropping so the doom and gloom can stop here on this great game

I agree. We are getting our LE later this week and are really looking forward to getting it. The doom and gloomers that have never seen or played the game have also rated it really low so the game has also dropped out of the top 40.

Hopefully this is enough for this thread to become an owners thread with people that own and love the game. I think the game is a winner!

#2285 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Munsters doesn't have many issues and it just came out also. People need to be a little more patient. I know i know....who's gonna be the first guy to bring up Ghostbusters?

We love our Ghostbusters and have had the game since it came out. Same code and same rules for everyone.. No complaints at our place!

#2293 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

The Munster LE/Premium are a completely different game from the Pro and should not be rated together...IMO.

I am sure that both versions are a great game. I do like the top 100 as I do like to read other peoples honest opinions on games.

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yeh it's pretty cool Mark.
Just picked up mine yesterday and love it.
I also tried the Easter Egg and it sounds pretty cool.
Hit both flippers to clear, then hit flippers in this order....
Lx3
Rx1
Lx6
Rx1
Lx5
Rx2
Then prepare for some Franchi......[quoted image]

That looks awesome!

Did I tell you how good that back glass looks?

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That LE backglass really does look sweet doesnt it? I love that Munsters car!

This game is awesome! We love it. You will love it when yours arrives. The lower playfield is plenty of fun.. Franchi, Dwight and Borg have done a fantastic job

FB_IMG_1553941153773 (resized).jpg
#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Congrats Addicted. U know it should really be near Adams.

Congrats to you too Cooked!. Hope you are enjoying the game as much as we are. Munsters will go and live with the rest of the Sterns tomorrow

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I didnt know you had your game already Con, thats awesome! What do you guys think about the lower playfield so far? Love it, hate it, something that may get old eventually? Congrats to you guys!

We only got it going today. We fitted Cliffys and playfield protectors before we flipped a ball. So far I ike it. Sue loves it Lower playfield is intergrated in to the game very well. Game is different and fun. The 4 flipper buttons will be interesting as both of us are middle finger flippers.. not sure how we will handle Munster madness. Game is not too easy. We have it set on 7 degree slope 3 balls and everything else standard..

Game is definitely lots of fun and family friendly.

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Which Cliffys and protectors? Thanks

Shooter lane and slot protector cliffys. Playfield protector from playfieldprotectors.com in Germany. Playfield protector was a bitch to fit, took my wife and I atound 4 or 5 hoirs. There is one for grandpa s basement as well.

15539795207091546419603023772956 (resized).jpg15539795619962737415654215617928 (resized).jpg
#2438 1 year ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Did you put Mylar in the shooting lane between Cliffy?

No. We have never done that. The Cliffys are normally enough to keep the shooter lane looking like new.

#2440 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where were the fitting problems that caused to hassles in installing the protector?
It looks like you have to remove both ramps to install the protector. Is that correct? What else has to come off for the install?
Can you give a comparison of game play before and after you installed the protector?
Thanks.

After removing both wireforms, we had to remove all the plastics around the ramps and Herman. You have to remove Herman so you can get the left ramp out as it is curved around the back board. You also have to lift the back of playfield out of the cabinet to remove the right wireform. All the flippers and flipper guides need to come off and the plastics on the slings. It did not take too long to put it back together once I knew where everything went. Take plenty of photos. We also lay everything out on the floor in the order we removed it with all the nuts, bolts, screws, washers etc, so you know where everything goes.

Lower playfield is Plastic surrounds, wire form , ramp and then flippers. Did not take too long as the lower playfield is held on with 4 screws and only has 3 electrical connections.

We do not flip a ball until we have the Cliffys and Playfield protectors on. We do it on all our games so I cannot give you a comparison on before and after.

Cheers

Con

#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Framed my TPF Munsters print. Love it![quoted image]

Macca, that looks absolutely sensational! Congratulations.

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well well well, what do we have here! [quoted image]

Congratulations!!

#2825 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Take some of that money and free time that you have and learn how to spell.

Have you put the new code in yet?

#2828 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes i did but i only was able to play about three or four games. Seems fine though.

Me too. I put the code in but busy at work today. We will play later tonight!

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

yup, I put a clear acrylic roof over the curve of the ramps entrance, works 100% now. Looks kind of ghetto, but works.
I sent stern an email 4 days ago, they aren't the best at getting back via email but I figured they probably wouldn't of done anything anyway.[quoted image]

Nice Job! Looks good to me.

2 weeks later
#3514 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, I lied. I did not buy a Premium.
Someone was tired of their LE so I snapped it up. My neighbor is at work and i need help to unload. Plus it has been raining while I was away and today it is overcast with light sprinkles. The rain could let loose anytime. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow.
And, yes, this is my first "new" pin. I'm sure I will have some questions once I get up and running.
Here is a peek.
[quoted image]

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

1 week later
#3740 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Picked up my Munsters LE today. Guy I bought it from had played it maybe 10 times. I have played 30+ games on it in the past 6 hours. What a blast! Dont really know a lot of the rules and strategy yet, but the ramps, Herman and Dragula are fun as $%#@$. And the lower playing field (which I was not crazy about after playing 3-4 games on a premium), holy crap, you get going on it, get some extra time, get the multi ball, it's a ton of fun! Looking forward to adding a few mods and getting better on it. It brings a smile to my 62 yo face everytime!

Welcome to the club!

#3875 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This is why Top 100 makes no sense.
See picture, then go flag these knuckleheads!
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/munsters-premium-le/ratings
[quoted image]

This is actually easy fixed. Just make the min ratings required to make the game eligible to be on the top 100 list is 200 or 300 ratings at a minimum. This will stop all the guys that have never played the game putting bogus ratings in.

#3882 1 year ago
Quoted from Wotto:DeathHimself
I played Premium in Sydney distributor yesterday, then did a polite , short and mostly positive mini write up at Aussie Arcade as well.
Beautiful game and surprisingly good to play, busier gameplay than what I imagined and basically I had EXACTLY the same thoughts as your guests in regards to gameplay AND the fact DS needs to add some code and polish. I also wanted to play more games but had to be respectful in distributors office.
I got some good balls and then realised I hadn't even tried to shoot for Dragula shot, Kitty shot or Spot as I was locked in on going for Herman, Eddie Loops, Raven and Grandpa's Lab..... so that showed me there's a bit to it.
Funny , because I figure there's a shitload of sales awaiting better code and you stated 3 out of 4 guests would buy with more depth in the game, backing up my thoughts even further.
I also emailed DS and GG today politely nudging them to think, revisit this and they WILL see sales climb dramatically IMO. I also hope DS and other "Sternies" see these posts or at least get pointed to them.

Did you buy one?

I can see what people are saying about the code, they want more wizard modes etc etc. I would love to see all these people that would buy the game if their was more code. I would like to see them finish the game (a few times) and then I would understand why they want more code.

For us the game is awesome, we love it.

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Not yet.
It's still doing the rounds in my head all day, to buy , not to buy, to buy, not to buy.....must ....do....some....work.... to buy, not to buy

Ha ha… That is funny. You sound like us.. not yet!

Good thing about a premium is you have time and will be able to get one for a while yet. Take your time, games are expensive in Australia.

#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Seen that AUD tanking lately?
And they're calling low 60s on it... That will add a grand++

I just checked the exchange rate. 0.69. That is just shit for all us pinheads in Australia.

#3998 1 year ago

I wonder how many actual LE owners are pissed at the release of the colour premium? I know there is a few very vocal people that are not happy. Stern have been releasing different variants of games for as long as they have been in business. Nothing really new here, Stern are in business to make and sell as many games as they can. If you like it good, if you do not like it that is good too.

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah I get that but it obviously has annoyed a lot of people. Is it really hard to see that that anger is justified?

If you are upset now, wait until you buy a JJP LE.

#4015 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Absolutely a possibility. But there is no way to predict what they will do precisely. Gambling on a $10,000 purchase does not appeal to me. They’ve never done things like this before as far as I know.

Original ACDC Luci.

#4030 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

On Munsters 10 day plan. LOL

How good is this third world problem!

I think different colour versions of Munsters was always a consideration while Stern was working out the different versions. Same with the catwoman BM66. It is really easy for Stern to make the different versions as Stern already has all the different artwork.

Here is another one.. Did you know that some of the Stern LEs have different screened plastics to the premiums?

#4061 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Someone send into Sterns bug.report email address. Who has the full email address?

bug.report@sternpinball.com

Please do not expect a return email, this is only to report bugs.

Good Luck!

#4062 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Those screws don't go into the wood Rick, they go into a piece of plastic that could be changed out if necessary. I got mine out right now doing a good cleaning on everything so i will let you know how big of a pain it is to put back in. I may have to fly in my old buddy 1956PINHEAD in from CA or Pinballadicted in from Australia to get it back in.

I am sure you will be fine!

#4125 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The new code did not fix the countdown issue in the LP...at least for me... its a crap shoot... one time the timer is set to 18...and does not start counting until ball is launched... next time... starts counting and by time a ball is launched its at 10-12...

Press upper playfield left and right flipper buttons together and it will launch the ball straight away. My wife showed me that!

3 weeks later
#4562 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We will see. I have been struggling for some reason with this game. I still love playing it though. Im sure that i will have a good game eventually. If i have to i will take the glass off!

Game is tuff. Game kicks my ass a lot. I love it.

#4594 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes it is, and can be very frustrating at times but even when it’s frustrating i still have fun and keep hitting that start button. I bet 90% of these people on here complaining about the code couldn’t break 100 million if their life depended on it. They would probably never see anymore code then they are seeing now even if Stern did add to the code.

There is nothing wromg with the code. Game is meant to be tuff and is fun as hell. Sue has managed 250 mill high score, me 150 mill. Our avarage scores are prob 50 mill.

Game rocks! A keeper for us.

#4597 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Holy crap, Sue doesn’t mess around does she? 250 million is a very high score.

My fault for showing her how to build the multiplyers and stack the super jackpots!

#4619 1 year ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Has anyone replaced the rubber in their Munsters machine with Titan? The kits in their database show 2.5” sling rubber but the manual specifies 2”.... just wondering if it’s a mistake by those who published the kits or if 2.5” is really what should be used. Thanks!

We put 2" in ours. The Titan kits are from customers, not what Stern put in.

Buy from the Stern rubber sizes. We normally buy a few extra flipper rubbers and a few extra sling rubbers. They are the ones that normally break the most.

Good Luck!

#4627 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I just received my cliff protector kit and before I put them on I wanted to check about the Inlane protectors.I seem to remember reading not to use those because they will cause damage or something from the ball dropping on them.I really can't remember why but someone recommended not using them.can anyone give some insight or remember who posted it? I tried a thread search a general search but didn't find it.

We have those Cliffy lane protectors on every machine we own where the ball drops on the switch. We clean and wax before putting them on. We have never had any issues getting them off and they actually protect the playfield from damage. We love them.

1 week later
#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is our Munsters topper at folks? I want one!

We ordered one too!

2 weeks later
#4903 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess from what i am hearing, the topper has a cuckoo clock maybe and the Raven comes out and taunts you....during gameplay i am assuming? This topper seems to have some thought put into it and its not just a lit up picture. Probably will be my 2nd favorite topper next to my TWD topper. I dont think we will ever see another topper as good as that one is..

If that is true and the cuckoo is interactive I think it will rival the topper on AFMrLE as the best topper of all time for us.

Come on Stern, hurry up and release the topper.

#4943 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hoooooly shit, what a bunch of negative Nancy's we have around here people.....chill out! I got my topper today and it is absolutely beautiful. I was so excited to be the first one to post a topper pic but as luck would have it, my topper has an issue with the Raven door.
I worked on it and worked on it diligently because i wanted to be the first one to post pics of it lit up and stuff but it just wasnt meant to be i guess. Im going to have to get a new topper sent to me unfortunately looks like. The good news is though its beautiful, it matches the black and white Premium in my opinion and its interactive with the game. Anyone who ordered this topper is going to be very happy.
I guess im still technically the first person to post a Munsters topper pic so eat your heart out guys!
[quoted image]

Awesome!... Thanks for sharing.

We have one ordered too.

#4958 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure just yet. Im going to look into it again here in a bit. The Raven door doesn't want to shut which i believe to be a mechanical issue but i am also hearing a motor running or a coil energized or something that i dont believe should be on....but i really dont know either. My clock is also not spinning either and i think it should be. I wish that i could see a video of one so i could see how its suppose to work exactly. Im sure yours will be ok, just a fluke that i got a bad one probably. Thats my luck pretty much with anything that i buy.

Did the topper come with installation instructions?

Sounds like you may have it plugged in to the wrong port on the CPU. Email Chas and get him to help out!

You can then put up a video of what the topper does.

#4966 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah it comes instructions. I had it hooked up right trust me. Its a piece of cake to hook it up

I am sure Stern will look after you. Please let us all know the outcome.

Good Luck!

2 weeks later
#5249 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

LE ( or Premium ) owners with lower playfield.... any installed a Playfield protector? Inputs...?

We did. easies way is to remove the lower playfield from the bottom. 4 screws and 3 electrical connections. Remove the whole thing and work on it on your bench. You will have to pull most of it apart to fit the protector.

Good Luck!

#5250 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My Munsters saga:
It all started with a dream that Who-Dey appeared in and told me to buy a Munsters in no uncertain terms. So I ordered the first Munsters color premium to come off the Stern factory line some months ago (so long ago now, I cannot remember exactly when).
Fast forward to mid last month: Both my awesome distributor AMD in Sydney and I planned on me receiving the table a few weeks ago. It finally does arrive at the Sydney port and I was excited steeped in giddy anticipation...
...I received a call from my Stern distributor...your Munsters table is here, but sad to say...it is being held onboard the incoming ship, behind a dock workers union picket line. We don’t know when it will end. When it does we will on-ship it to you. He said he would call me from time to time with the latest report.
Meanwhile, I eagerly looked at the newspaper everyday, reading reports of when the strike might end. Each day it was fueled by more ports joining the strike. It begins to become more intense and even becomes a nationwide dock workers union strike. Ironically, they’re striking against rumored automation, which has fueled the resolve by management, to ensure even more that automation will happen. Go figure, but I still didn’t have my tables, that were sitting onboard a ship from America...
...Today, nearly 3 additional weeks in, I finally get Munsters, one of the best tables ever made in my home and guess what? My wife who has had very little interest in playing pinball Up until now, steps over and begins playing. I’m surprised! Her face is lit up like a Christmas tree and she is having a ball! She remarks to me, “I like this one, it is awesome!” She keeps playing and then invites my two daughters into have a girls tournament with Munsters. They also, have had little interest in pinball till Munsters...now they’re all hooked and loving it. My wife said, she likes looking at our other tables, but never plays them. She loves Munsters and was giddy when she hit Herman and he stammers “Darn, darn, darn”!
This table is absolutely a blast! We are loving it!! The only issue now is; “may I have a turn too?”
[quoted image]

Congratulations! That is an awesome story and the fact that your family loves the game is pretty cool. A suggestion, you can play tournaments among yourselves and that will keep your family playing the game. My wife and I do that all the time. There is an app you can get to help this too.

We love the game as well and are really looking forward to adding the topper.

#5275 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Based on conversations with multiple distributors I don’t believe either statement. Munsters sales were great at the beginning but have since pretty much ground to a halt. The distributors I have spoken to all say the same thing - they all have lists of people interested in buying if the code becomes more robust. Contrast that to Batman - couldn’t give that game away for almost a year. Now every unit is sold/presold. Not much Batman in stock anywhere. Tons of Munsters in stock. Don’t even think the initial run of color Premiums sold out.
It’s a shame. Munsters could have been a classic. It was Borg’s dream game. He deserved better. I still hope against hope we’ll see the code get more robust and I’ll join the club. But I suspect much of the Munsters money sitting on the side will go to Elvira instead.

We love our MUNLE. Code is ok and game is definitelt plenty of fun to play. I think the game rocks!

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

A lot of people think the game rocks. There are many reasons to love the game.
But that’s not translating into sales which is unfortunate. If there is ever a significant code update I’ll bet there’s a corresponding uptick in sales. It’s probably too late to help the game on location though.

Time will tell for sure. I think Stern are pumping the games out extrememly quickly and possibly supply finally has caught up with demand.

#5351 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You got that right. I would definitely like to see that changed. They must think we are a bunch of 20 year olds with eyes like an eagle or something.

Too many old farts in this hobby!

Best thing to resolve this is for a callout to let you know how many super jackpots you have before they are awarded.

i.e. when the ball goes in to dragula machine says "you have 3 super jackpots" . Then you can decide if you want to collect or not. When you look at the screen the super jackpot count is gone anyway.

#5362 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Wait until you gat a Munster Madness going and the push button is lighting up red. Do you you keep hammering at the multi-balls or do you take your hand away from the flipper to cancel the jackpots?
You have some fast decisions to make in this game. To me, that is part of the allure with that push button. Do I do this? Do I do that? Oh, shit, i'm too late. I missed it.

What normally happens to us in Munster madness is lose all the balls on both playfields and miss the zap button! Fantastic game, we love it!

#5394 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then, by your definition, there’s nothing wrong with my posts here. Munsters was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I was an early reviewer of Munsters with very positive comments. Was in on an LE day 2. I absolutely want a BW Premium and really hope there is a code update that makes use of the assets Borg spent a year identifying to give us the theme integration the game deserves. I’ll be a buyer at that point and almost certainly NIB.
It’s pretty sad that owners who have the game seem to have a problem with the fact the game hasn’t sold well since the initial surge or that someone would suggest buying used and/or not buying a game based on a hope of future code.
Munsters should have been a monster hit for Stern. Great shooter (despite the monotargets), great art, terrific theme. If there is a code update in the future that improves the theme integration and addresses some of the one trick pony concerns, I suspect sales will pick up again much like happened with Batman after it was clear where Lyman was taking the code.

I am sure you are a good person and passionate about pinball. There is already a thread for all this complaining about the code. I am sure that thread is filled with people like yourself (all 5 of you) that do not like the game and code for whatever reason. You can complain, bitch, piss and moan as much as you like there.

Kindly respect the owners and fans on this thread.

2 weeks later
#5603 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Check your playfield, this is my LE with under 300 plays[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did Stern or your distro say?

3 weeks later
#5797 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

Got my Munsters today. All setup. Having a few issues hopefully all something I can get sorted when I call tomorrow.
Still managed to have some fun with it.
First issue is my topper clock seems to get stuck once it hits 5 o’clock through 7 o’clock. It makes a loud buzzing noise on those hours and won’t advance on its own. All other hours are fine.
I took a video:

I’m also getting 3 node board errors every time I start the machine even though all features seem to be working.
I took another video:

Lastly, I had a weird issue while playing where all the lights in the back playfield went out and the grandpas trap door would not eject the ball and I got a trap door error. I had to power of and power back on to get that half of the playfield working again. Yup. Took a video:

Also, how would I verify my table has HD glass? I expected it to have a lot less glare.

Has anyone got a topper that worked correctly straight up?

#5801 1 year ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I m giving it one last chance. Waiting on my third/ along with return shipping labels so I can send this piece of shit they sent me back to them

Sorry to hear that. I feel bad for you. That is shit.

We are picking our topper up this Sat and to be honest I am uneasy that it will not work properly.

#5829 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I believe so. Lengthy email cc'd to (5x) at Stern, outlining the whole thing...A couple of pics being sent too.
Requested how the clock interacts exactly, so I can test all aspects... conveyed there were many on the fence in general, waiting on some code polish.
Very confident this is going to happen, as there needs to be some adds in the service menu to check this thing.
I'll report response, and find a video camera or stand for my phone for video in the next couple of days. Raven is a great taunter, and has a lot of interaction w gameplay.
Definitely scares the crap out of you if you forget about top of the hour alert " 6pm, nevermore as example" loud!! Really like it.

Thanks very much for posting all your issues, I appreciate it. We get our topper tomorrow at a show and my wife and I are excited to fit it to our machine.

#5879 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's truly a fun/ interactive topper, and mine has been working with zero issues on a nightly basis (after my last teardown/ reassembly). The Stern engineers thanked me, and said they would definitely address the issues I had found.....hope yours works great!!!!!

Sadly our clock does not work. Issue is wheel does not turn all the way around. It binds up and we can hear the motor is still trying to turn. We are going to let our distro know tomorrow.

#5894 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Drats. Out of curiosity, when you turn the game on, does it go to the proper time? Does the house hand move about 1 hour when you push the right flipper button? With continued pushes, will it go all the way around?
Wonder if these are somehow getting jarred in shipment or something.
I wouldn't take it apart...Surely this will get resolved...

When we turned it on, the clock did try to move to the correct hour. Wheel was stuck so I gently moved it by hand until the motor stopped whirring and it stopped at the correct previous hour. We did not try anything else I did not want to destroy it. I had a quick look inside and I am confident I can get it working. If we help the wheel the dial will go all the way around

#5908 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Why on earth did this post get a downvote?

Unfortunately not everyone is on Pinside to help each other and make the hobby more enjoyable.

#5944 1 year ago

I got out topper going today. Turns out to be an easy fix. I removed the front plastic (4 screws out, tilt from the top down to clear Raven and remove) off the clock and drilled the hole the clock shaft comes through a little bit bigger. Turns out the shaft was binding on the plastic as there was not enough clearance in the hole to account for movement in the shaft.

Also the wires are not tied together properly and as Raven pops in and out it would have eventually worn through the unprotected wires. We cable tied the wires together.

Hopefully this will be your issue as well!

#5946 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great job!!! My pm'ing has been behind ( long, long work days). Sounds like you got it.
Mine was minor ( well had to replace the microswitch as it had been overtightened and was intermittent, and a couple other minor things). No shaft binding and cable management was good on this one.
Excellent to hear ( make sure to pass on to Stern support team) and enjoy!!!
Surely, with a bit more attention to qc, these can reliably start going out.

All good.

My wife and I are just soldering a wire on a LED (never soldered to begin with) so all the lights work and then we are good to go.

Once it is all working correctly I will email Chaz and let him know. I am not sure Stern are listening, so I posted on Pinside first.

Bit dis-appointing from Stern. All the issues with these things, you would have thought Stern would have tested every Topper before it left the factory. I am getting tired of wasting my own time fixing stuff that should have been sorted before it left the factory. In Australia the topper cost $660.00 and my wife and I had to get it going. Lucky we are on holidays!

#5948 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That’s EXACTLY what they said that they were going to do before shipping out the 2nd batch of toppers. This is a joke for real and Stern should be embarrassed.

No way that happened. Ours had a LED wire not soldered at all and the clock did not spin all the way around, it got suck on the plastic clock face. If we had a test bench we would have worked it out in a few minutes. Instead we had to pull a fair bit of it apart to inspect and fit, refit to machine to check.

All good, very happy now, topper is awesome! I love the game.

#5950 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

It definitely is an embarrassement for Stern. Also I think they lost a lot of topper orders (me included).

Ours was easy fixed, it just took time. I understand that most people are not capable of this and should not have to do it either.

#5952 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

Drilling out the hole just a little bit wider fixed my stuck clock issue as well.
I first confirmed it would work by taking the front plastic off and pressing the flippers 24 times. The clock would go all the way around twice.
Put the front back on, clock gets stuck hours 5-7.
Drilled it out just a little. Clock hands rotate all the way around as expected.
Now the only issue I had is the Raven came out once during the game and didn’t go back in. I had to nudge him.
I’ll play with it a bit more and see if that was a fluke or if more tweaks need to be made.
I contacted Stern Sunday night with my issues and videos I posted here. Haven’t heard back yet.

Thanks for posting. Our Raven gets stuck occasionally but I am confident this will wear in. Awesome topper, definitely one of the best of all time.

#5967 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Hey DeathHimself that was it

And.. the update is mainly for the Topper that most people do not have, or have one that works!

2 weeks later
#6147 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well said, you had about 5 assholes that just wouldn't stfu about how bad the code is and lots of people bought into their BS and missed out on a killer game and probably hurt the games sales as well unfortunately.
Munsters pinball is awesome and one of the funnest games that I have played. Obviously me loving the theme and the pin being possibly the best looking game ever made helps but even without all of that, this game is sweet and it will never leave my collection ever.
Bolted to the floor forever 100% at my house!

We will never let a few fools spoil the love of the hobby for us. We love our games and all the time we spend on them with family and friends. Munsters is an awesome game. Topper is one of the best ever.

#6164 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok guys, need your thoughts and ideas. Playing the hell out of me Premium tonight, putting my Topper to the test. Up front, love the hell out of it. When they tweak the code issues a bit, it'll be functionally perfect. Now, my problem. And I want to know if I'm not alone, and what a good "fix" would be. In our game room, we have 2 pins on 1 wall, and 2 on the opposite wall, arranged to receive a 3rd when my JP Premium comes. My Munsters is on the wall where the 3 will be, with it in the middle. We have bar tables and stools at each end of the room, with barstools. The problem is, the seating is at about 45 degree angles from the Munsters. The LED PCB's that light Lily and Eddie, are fully exposed at that angle and are horribly bright and annoying. Im thinking if maybe the MOD people who can mold plastic can make some kind of blinder, like a horse blinder, to keep from blinding me or my guests. If I put the machine on either end instead of the middle, it still happens to some degree. Now, Im not bitching about this being a design flaw, I'm just trying to cure an anomaly in my case that bugs me. Anyone else have this, or have any ideas? Any of you MOD guys that can make a set of blinders that look good, let me know...

We have the same issue. We are thinking about moving the LEDs further back into the housing. At the moment some of the LEDs are flush with the hole. Get some longer bolts and spacers and see how that goes. Only issue is we will have to pull most of the topper apart again to do the job

#6177 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just recieved a Munsters topper from CoinTaker and it is 100% and needed nothing,I ordered a purple and red led and will replace the white one,I wish you could see the bird better,the light is always on behind him but if anybody is concerned about the quality control on the newest run you should be fine.

Have you fitted it yet? We have an issue with ours. Sometimes the clock starts spinning and will not stop until we turn the machine off. Waiting on a response from Stsrn

#6203 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

None are going to work as designed until they get a few code things sorted. If yours keeps spinning, it could be a wire under the microswitch, not letting it make contact, or (more likely) the switch tab needs to be adjusted slightly to ensure it registers everytime the opto wheel makes a full cycle.
Kind of a PITA to bend in place, but not too bad.
(gameplay seems to be right...it's the time clock/ raven/ chime thing that's a bit wonky)

Thanks for that, i will have a look when I get some time. Lets see what Stern say too. Can also be the node board.

#6231 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone had this yet?
1 week ago the coil stop broke on the right flipper. Rebuilt both.
This last week the opto for the ramp was smashed :/[quoted image]

Let Stern know. I am fairly sure there is a piece of metal that goes under the plastic to stop that from happening again.

1 week later
#6356 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok, so the same damned problem is back. The right flipper is slow to return to home position. It's relatively fast returning 3/4 of the way, but slow as molasses the rest. I bent the return spring bracket a little to make the spring a little tighter, and that helped for about 10 minutes, but now its back to the same. So slow it's messing up follow up shots. What the heck do I need to do to fix this? Stronger spring? Contact Stern support?

northvibe posted for you before.

Same thing, check the coil stop has not come apart and is on properly. If you get stuck, Stern support.

Good Luck!

1 week later
#6491 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How is this game with a shaker motor? I'm going to put one in mine.

You will love the shaker. Definitely adds another dimension to the game. Great decision!

#6499 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I could not stand the shaker. The pin shook like a car with an unbalanced wheel at 60 mph. I recently played a WOZ; It had a nice shaker that was much softer but I cannot see what all the buzz with shakers is.

We have friends that do not like the shakers either. That is what I love about the hobby, everybody is different.

#6531 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I changed a couple of settings tonight. I really need to learn more about how the pin works.
The audit showed I have played 488 games---less the 55 that were on the pin when I brought it home.
I turned off Grandpa's Lab to see what the action was like without the lower play field. I like Grandpa's Lab so I will be turning in back on after a few more games.
I like hard fast hitting flippers so I had left the flippers on max power. But lately I have been having a lot of failed Grandpa scoop shots so I thought I would change the flippers. I was hesitant but tonight I moved the flippers back to one level less than max which is "normal". I liked this lower power wiht the flippers. They still kick like mules. I noticed no weakness at all. They played quite well. And my failed scoop shots seemed a little better.
So, with Grandpa's Lab turned off, and no lower play field, and the normal power setting on the flippers, I scored my best score to date. It turned out to be a hot game and all of the balls were killer balls. It got quite intense.
I finally got to Herman Level II and Lily Level II.
I missed getting Munster Madness so this score is with out MM.
[quoted image]

Great score dude!

#6552 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Put a shaker in mine tonight and it doesnt do much like you said but I still like what it adds to the game. I would rather it be a little mild than to have it shake all if the screws out of my game like GB and MET did. I think the shaker adds a nice little touch to an already amazing game.

Glad you like it! We have our shaker setvon the lowest setting.

#6602 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I just got a pro with less then 200 plays for 4500. I thought it was a good deal.

Welcome to the club!

#6640 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Interesting...Mine is consistently 2 hours ahead until midnight, then jumps to 4am...w Raven multiball throwing it all out of whack after its done spinning...

Do you have the right time set on your clock in the game? Ours does as mkk629 says, but not all the time. Sometimes the hand keeps spinning and just stops in a random place.

#6642 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have ocd with this...(4x) clocks chime at top of the hour within 30 seconds of each other ( in my game room).
Raven stays spot on in test and gameplay...Clock stays right in test from 7 to 12, but skips 1-6. In gameplay, it never stays consistent..can only guess the processor is not understanding the opto wheel consistently.They said they were aware and it was code..Hmm..

Thanks very much for that, helps me a lot with ours.

You could be on the money with the processor and the wheel. I thought the errors were in the code, hence why our clock sometimes keeps spinning. I am still waiting for a reply from Stern support re the clock. It has been over one month. I am not chasing up Stern any more, I am sure they will come looking for me when they need sales. I am patient.

#6654 1 year ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

In Australia they sell out in quick time there is actually a waiting list. The Jurassic Park LE has sold out and not even sure they have shipped to OZ yet.
The Munsters LE sold out before it was announced pretty sure.

You will sell your game, you just need to be patient. There are plenty of MUNLEs in Australia and everybody that wanted one got one or got one second hand as a few people did not like it. It is just supply and demand. Right now no demand for munsters. The demand will come back, you just need to be patient. JP2 looks good so that is not helpimg you either. Same thing happened with TWD. Look what happened to the value of that game.

#6658 1 year ago

I am talking about Australia Cotton, not sure about the USA. When TWD came out there was LEs available new for at least a year after released. Was hard to sell pros and premiums too. New and used could not be sold for ages. Fast forward 5 years and now all versions are one of the most wanted games in Australia. Same thing may happen with MUNLE. Only difference is there are a lot more MUNLE in Australia than TWDLE.

You guys in the USA have access to a lot more pinball machines and parts than us in Australia.

#6667 1 year ago
Quoted from Ven:

The reason was that TWD when it was first released had unfinished code and eventually Lyman knocked it out of the park code wise. I had an early TWD and nobody wanted them and honestly it wasn't that fun of a game, but once Lyman went back to work on the code it became an incredibly fun pin. Hopefully the same happens with Munsters but Dwight hasn't done Stern or us Munsters owners any favors by repeatedly saying "the code is done".

Agree with you Ven. Dwight said GB code was done too. Time will tell with Munsters. I really like the game how it is. Be happy with what you have.

#6674 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My apologies. I was not thinking Australia. I have no idea what your markets are like.

All good!

2 weeks later
#6816 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

My new Stern Munsters topper clock hand has seemingly gotten stuck in 1 position pretty much within a few minutes of being installed. Can somebody point me to the right post for any fixes / troubleshooting that might work? I don't feel like sending it back if I can fix it myself. Thanks.

Ours did that. The shaft for hand of the clock was getting caught as the hole in the clockface was not big enough. Take the screw out that holds the clockhand and the clockhand will come off. Careful to look how it goes back on. It only goes back on in one spot. Take the plastic front off (you will have to move it around to get it past the raven door) and drill the hole (where the shaft for the clockhand goes through) out a little bigger. That fixed ours.

Good luck. Verry annoying Stern did not bench test. Stern told us the code update would make out topper clock work.

15750544319138986144861182028058 (resized).jpg
#6821 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Anybody who buys one of this is going to get a limited edition A$$ f*cking lol. Excuse my language but i am so shocked over the price of this thing that i dont even know what to say. It looks like it should be sitting on the shelf at wal mart for $19.99. This is nothing but a test by Stern to see how much people are willing to spend on a topper.

I thought the Stern toppers were already a rip off. Especially as most of them do not work properly or you need to fix it yourself. SWLE people are getting an out of this galaxy bending over for their topper

1 week later
#6877 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My topper is working as billed to date. Happy about that. Although can see where it could be more utilized with updated code, even though it pops out quite a bit now. Just haven’t found a Raven colored light that works on a Spike 2 yet, here in OZ. Wonder what the difference is on the Raven 5 volt spike 2 colored light? Anyone know? Do I have to order one from the USA specifically for Spike 2?

Hey thunderbird . Talk to Babak @ Pinballhaus in Fortitude Valley QLD and I think he can point you in the right direction. You just need the correct voltage bulb and it should work.

I have started buying everything from him, Titans (Aussie distro), LEDs, flipper kits, etc, etc. Genuine, honest and good pricing.

1 week later
#6914 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question- I thought you put in claim with Stern if I remember correctly (?).
Did they ever respond?

Do you have some games with pooling and chipping too? We have 2 games with a bit of pooling but no chipping yet Our Munsters had pooling . Dissapointing to say the least.

1 week later
#6922 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

No clue yet but if they do one more update like they did with ghostbusters they would move a lot of inventory left over.

How do you know there is inventory? No imventory in Australia, if you want one you have to wait.

GB code took over 2 years to make. I think Stern are focused on smashing the market with plenty of new games.

#6930 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've been saying it for years now. If Stern would get their shit together with their quality they could run every other pinball company out of business. They kitkat dont get that though for some reason.

All Stern need to do is answer some emails and return a few phonecalls pointing customers in the right direction.

#6932 1 year ago
Quoted from Hawks:

It’s a cool game as is, the lower mini playfield is amazing (I generally do not like mini playfields)
I’d love to get one, but I‘m at the tipping point, something must leave the collection for The Munsters to come in (and it’s gotta be the B&W premium)
I’m lucky, 10 minutes from my house there is one on location, and I play it at least every other week
Who-Dey knows this game rocks, and I totally agree
Code bashers, get to MM level 3, I dare ya!

We have an older friend (65) who comes over to our place every week just to play our MUNLE. He absolutely loves it. Best he has ever done is got to level 2 MM, never completed it.

#6973 1 year ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

In the photo below were the red arrow is the nylon piece slides up and down on the metal base every time the raven pops in and out, I am thinking about putting a bit of super lube on here to make it easier for it to slide so there is no friction.
Also, whilst I have the topper apart I am going to replace the raven white light to possible a red light, do you thing red would suit?
I also just want to confirm that the clock only has one hand?
Cheers
Trevor[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting.

The nylon is the lube. I would not put anything there as it will only collect the coil dust and become grinding paste. When I get some time, I am thinking about bending the bracket the light is on so it does not shine straight into everyone eyes.

Our clock hand occasionally keeps spinning and does not stop until you turn the game off. I have emailed Stern a few times and got no response. I am fairly sure it is the node board in the topper of a faulty opto. I have already had the topper apart a couple of times and I am not keep to do it again to find another fuck up from Stern.

#6975 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed...anything on that nylon will eventually gum it up (like a coil sleeve). If anything, I'd put a slight graphite dust on the door hinges...helped ensure it always opens fully. I bent my light bracket down w the red bulb and very happy w the effect.
After all my efforts, the node board on rev 2 was not quite right, causing the clock to give crazy times. They replaced it, and all is as good as it can be in current state.
There will be some code down the road for it at some point (stated numerous times) to polish things a bit and address a few bugs. Both the topper and grandpa's lab can confuse itself on occasion currently.
The topper adds SO much to gameplay, interaction wise....I couldn't go back now. That, along with the lower playfield really set this game apart from others, imho....

Thanks for the feedback about the node board on the topper. I will check it out next time I take the topper apart.. again!

Happy New Year to you and your family.

2 weeks later
#7041 1 year ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

FYI. If you remove the lower playfield window be VERY CAREFUL. One of my hex screws broke off where the treads begin. Had to buy a new lower playfield window bracket which requires dropping out the lower playfield and replacing the entire bracket which borders the entire lower playfield. All because I wanted to blow off some dust.

It is easier to remove the entire lower playfield than take the clear screen off. To remove the lower playfield, lift the playfield and it is 4 small bolts and 3 plugs. Quick and easy. Hope this helps for next time.

#7042 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Munsters LE was my first machine but to be honest im glad i sold it. What an boring game comparing with JP2, Potc or IM.
Thought the lower playfield gives an extra dimension but its no fun with those little balls.
So if you want to buy an Munsters, please play on it first or watch yt videos.
Sorry, just had to say this. I should have an weak spot for it because its my first pinball machine but like i said, glad its gone!

This is an owners thread. You do not own your machine any more so...…. leave the rest of us that enjoy the game to enjoy the game and the owners club. You can bag the game as much as you like on the other Munsters thread.

Sorry, just had to say this.

#7068 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

IMO, it is key that Dwight makes the code much better (yes, its good now, but not epic like it should be). If he doesn’t I won’t be buying another game coded by him. Game prices are too high to not have it much deeper than it is or rather without having a great deal more show content added. The show itself is the reason why most people buy this game, right? Although it shoots so well and has a unique and fun lower PF, people buy this game for the theme and beloved TV series. Dwight has not included much show material, other than end of ball sequences that really don’t count much imo. I want to see modes attached to a great deal more show material. I know Dwight can do it, because he did it on SW, that has lots of show material included in the game, as modes. We pay in Australia, $12,250.00 for a NIB Stern premium. That is way to high to just be a simple coded, shallow TV game experience, for just stepping up for a quick play now and again. I’ve heard people say Stern was going for a simple game, sorry but that kind of thinking angers me at these high prices.
If Stern’s goal was actually to create a simple easy to pickup and play game, then give us a simple easy to pay half price tag and I won’t complain. I hear people in the USA complaining about paying $7250 for a Stern premium (street price), but try paying $5,000.00 more for the same game! Yes I know exchange rate difference, but it was not that long ago, when the Auzzie dollar was worth more than the US dollar. A dollar to us is still as important and valued as it is to those in the USA. My point is, games at these high prices should be epic code wise, not just simple or shallow, which Munsters is widely known for around the world.
Code is probably the most important aspect of almost any game in order to last in the home environment. Having said all that, I’m sure everyone here knows we love our Munsters game. Just want us and other people to feel we got out monies worth and have a game that is hard to find, rather than a game that is loaded with unsold inventory (new and used) easily found everywhere and even difficult to sell. That is a travesty for Munsters, since it really does have it all, except lots of coded TV show material depth. Come on Dwight, do the game justice. It is very important to Dwight’s legacy in the business to make Munsters epic. He has done so well with all his other games. Love his code on SW. It is epic, so I know he can do it for Munsters too. This will only make good business sense for Stern to make this game shine. There still are loads of people standing on the sidelines waiting to buy a game that has everything else going for it.

Stern just need to listen to the people that buy games. Not the 95% that complain about everything and do not buy any Stern NIB, nor do they have any intention of buying a Stern NIB. The code is the code for now. Stern wanted to release a game with nearly completed code to shut up all the complaining. Good part about all the complaining is we may get a code update. A few small changes will make massive difference to the code overall. It does no good blaming Dwight, I am not so sure that it is his decision. We are happy with ours either way.

If there is plenty of inventory, a code update is a good way of clearing it out. Kiss is a good example.

Remember there are over 60 MUNLE in Australia. More than plenty to go around and most people that wanted one got one or bought a used one already. We are not a large market. Any one that has a MUNLE for sale now, may have to wait a while for someone to want the game. At the same time, Stern are smashing out 3 new games with a least 1 vault and 1 boutique. At least 5 new games per year, plus all the other manufacturers. Plenty of good choices. Money invested in pinball is not your retirement fund, it is only money invested in fun. If you have bought games as an investment, my advice is get out now. The market is getting smashed with titles faster than it is growing, people cannot expect to get their money back on machines.

#7072 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Boy...this sounds like I hate Munsters thread... that thread is on Pinside.... use it...

Not at all. My wife and I love the game, not leaving our collection anytime soon. I really enjoy the short ball times and keep smashing Kitty to keep your multipliers up! Very good game for improving flipper skills.

1 week later
#7097 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How many plays have you guys put on your Munsters games so far? I haven't played mine much, only got about 700 I think?

We are up to 440. That is not bad for us considering there is only really two of us playing our games.

#7104 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

whats this difference between "total games" and Lifetime...???

Lifetime is all the games played on the machine since the code that has included lifetime count was put in. If lifetime was in the code from new, this will count every game put on the machine.

Every time you do a code update it resets the total game count to zero. So total games are the games you have put on the machine since the last code update.

Hope this helps.

#7110 12 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

^^ Yep. BTW I think all Spike 2 games (2016 - present) came with lifetime count from the start. BM66, Mun, Elvira, DP, GOTG, AS etc.....

The life time count feature started in late 2018. It went into nearly every new machine after that and every code update on Spike machines.

I think it is a good thing, stops people resetting their game count. I am not sure what happens if the battery goes flat.

#7150 12 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Great post.
If I remember correctly Cotton has said he wasn’t a big fan of the show. This may explain why the lack of show assets and integration don’t bother him and some others. I’m still amazed and confused at how many owners defend Munsters as a great game rather than demanding Stern make it so. Stern and Dwight should be ashamed of what they did to Borg’s vision for the game.
We are already over a year into the 3 year production window for Munsters. Stern is running out of time to generate sales interest by making a difference with code. I hope they at least do a code update for all the owners down the road but believe Stern doesn’t see enough benefit to rewriting the code.

How long have you had your Munsters game for?

We have had our LE since new and love it. I find most of the people complaining about the code do not own a game.

#7156 12 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m sure your question is rhetorical. And my post had nothing to do with whether current owners enjoy the game. Obviously, most do. That has nothing to with what Stern plans for the game (if anything). There are many owners that enjoy the game as is and many (including some of that group) that want more from the code just like I do.
My source says no significant code changes should be expected. That’s different from what some have apparently been told. I hope my source is wrong (or was playing word games with me).
My position has been consistent from the beginning. I love everything about the game except the code. I’m disappointed I don’t have the game Borg envisioned. If there is a future code revision that does the game justice, I’m likely to own one because I really want one. Until then, I’ll gladly play Munsters on location to support the operator and to hear Jerry’s awesome version of the theme music.

I appreciate your reply, however this is an owners thread. You can go on with whatever you like on the 2 other Munsters threads.

Out of respect to owners please...

#7159 12 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

As long as I’m interested in Munsters I’ll be following this thread and posting when I feel like posting. I’m going to learn things here I won’t in the other Munsters threads.
As far as being respectful to owners, I think I’ve shown I am. And, in case you aren’t aware, there are plenty of non-owners in this thread and other owner threads.

You are not respecting owners.. you keep bagging the code and saying it is not good enough for you to buy a machine.

#7160 12 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Relax. jfh is not an enemy of the game.

All good cotton.. I am relaxed, just tired of people banging on about the code, and as per normal, do not own a game.

1 week later
#7213 11 months ago
Quoted from Localspeedshop:

Just got my Munsters le today yes happy love the theme of this game ..
Upon first plays I turned down the flipper power as it seemed like the balls were flying everywhere and can’t hit grandpas lab scoop cause it flies out or over it , also to the right it hits those switches and flies back ... can’t hit Herman either as balls are flying over things and into wire forms so I stopped playing for a bit but wondering if the settings I’m putting on aren’t sticking ?
Also the lower playfield window I noticed at the very top is lower then the pf so are the balls getting a bounce off that and sending things flying beige they get to targets and ramps ?
Tried to adjust window perfectly but can’t seem to get it perfect ..
Any thoughts ?
Oh and I need a topper if anyone has one for sale
Thank you to the crew in advance

Welcome to the club!

1 week later
#7231 11 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Man alive, I've been away from this thread for a few months now and everyone is still talking about code updates. I may not have been around here for a while but I manage to find the time to play my Munster's at least twice a week, still my go to game of all the games in my collection. If new game code comes along great, but I still enjoy every game I play with the code as is.
I am contemplating adding another game to my collection. Played a Jurrasic Park a couple days and liked it. I'm trying to find a location that has an Elvira Hoh to test drive. Stranger things didn't blow up my skirt, so it may come down to JP or Elvira Hoh.

You cannot go wrong with either JP2 or 3lvira. Both games are awesome and go well with Munsters. Munsters is short and sharp, 3lvira is a bit longer ball times and JP2 you brick a lot of shots. All fun and win win any choice.

Have fun making your choice!

#7247 11 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Noticed other games getting code updates, wonder how long until we see one for Munsters.
Hopefully not another 3 year wait!

It should not bother you too much as you do not have a game.

#7295 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Hello Everyone
I have joined the Club! Purchased a Color Premium. I love this theme, it has always been a favorite show when I was a kid. You can’t beat the art package, absolutely beautiful

Welcome to the club!

1 week later
#7316 10 months ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Question about a bug that I'm assuming everyone is dealing with re: the topper: The clock on mine will occasionally start spinning and never stop, requiring the machine to be turned off/on to stop it. I'm assuming this is something that we're all dealing with while Stern works on code updates, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to stop it once it starts without power-cycling the machine. I've tried the tests in the menu and they have no effect, the clock keeps spinning.
Thanks!

Our clock does that too. I think the only way to stop it is to turn the game off. I find the game does not do it as much if you do not activate the clock during attract mode. I feel the issue is with the node board in the clock.

We put in a request to Stern on the 12th October with no response (cc'd to Patrick Powers). Follow up email on the 11th December, no response.

If you get a result, could you please post on this thread and tag me. If Stern say "that is the only one I have heard of" you know they are not telling you the truth.

#7318 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He's not real good at returning emails.

We live in Australia, phone calls are difficult and our distro could not help us any more. Responding to an email previously has never been an issue.

It is much easier to respond to an email than return a phone call. Not good enough from Stern for me.

And I will add, CGC and JJP respond to all their emails and requests. They both leave Stern for dead in that department.

#7322 10 months ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Why i didn't want to pay the $660AUD for the clock i knew i would be paying for a headache.

Yes, it was a headache. We had ours apart twice.

The topper is awesome when it goes properly. One of the best toppers ever made. Only AFMrLE topper beats it.

3 weeks later
#7459 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Got my lower playfield fixed where the balls were getting stuck behind "the machine" and gave everything a good cleaning, man what a gorgeous ass looking game Munsters is! Its also a lot more fun now that I dont have to worry about the balls getting hung up.
I did find this problem with the Spot coil though under the playfield. The plastic piece is loose that the wires connect to, any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

That is normal for the coil to move around like that. There are 2 screws on the side that lock the coil in place. Make sure they are there and are on tight.

Have fun!

1 week later
#7585 9 months ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

Just bought my first pinball, Munsters LE! Can't wait for it to arrive!

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Beautiful shooting game and loads of fun.

1 week later
#7735 9 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok need some Specific help.
I start a game in my LE and then I enter the secret mania code before I launch the ball. I then get “welcome to Munsters”.
After that I immediately shoot Grandpa VUK twice but NO dice on starting secret mania. I can’t figure out how to trigger it.
Also is it repeatable - can you replicate it every game?
Can someone video what they do and post it?
Thx!!

You are on the right track. After you get “welcome to Munsters” you have to hit the Grandpa scoop when lit, and complele one level of Grandpa ( I am not sure if you have to complete this or not). You will then have to re activate Grandpa (scoop light) and when you get the ball in the scoop the second time, this will activate secret mania.

Good Luck!

#7736 9 months ago

Has anyone put the new code (1.03) in and noticed any differences?

#7740 9 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Installed and got a dozen or so games in...I have the topper, so my backglass wasn't blinking prior.
Smooth upload...not really noticing any differences except audio is much more adjustable...had some fun tweaking that.

Thanks very much!

We have the topper as well, hopefully the new firmware will stop our clock from continually turning sometimes.

#7803 9 months ago

My LE arrives tomorrow. My first pin! So excited. First thing is to learn how to update code, see if my guide rail is bent and touching the opto, learn what a guide rail and opto are, and figure out what supplies/tools I need to get to care for my first baby.

Welcome to the club!

#7820 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I sent Chas an email as was being discussed here. I have received a reply.
" I had one complaint so far. I am watching this issue".
I thought a lot of Munster owners were going to send emails.
Looks like I am there only one to have done so.

Chas is trained to play down issues. He has plenty of emails and does not want to confirm anything. Future games will have a fix and if you are lucky Stern will make a kit for existing owners.

#7912 9 months ago

I was just going to ask if switching to titan would solve the dust problem! Great minds. I think I'll just replace everything in the machine with new titans since I think it is all the original rubbers. Now to decide on colors.....

Purple looks great!

#7963 9 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Looks awesome, and they made lower flipper rubber too!!!
Still have had to clean my window since doing it though....lots of other dust making stuff under the pf...
The Titans do seem to let you control those little balls down there better ( if there is such a thing as "control" down there). Best toy in modern pinball!!!

The Titans shed less than rubber. We still have to clean the clear plastic too. We have Purple Titans on the entire machine except for the posts. Not a good time for us to order. Post to Australia at the moment is really slow so hopefully things will get back to normal soon so we can order some more!

#7972 9 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep...Titans look and play great, along with much less shedding. I did purple everywhere, upper and lower, except rings on top which I went w glow in the dark. Fits the game well. Dust on window comes from the normal things ( coil/mech bushing, wear, etc.) But the Titans help alot..
Stay safe down there !!!

We are all safe and I hope you and all your family and friends are safe too!!

Pinball is a very nice distraction or all of us.

#8065 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks.
I did removed the protective plastic. I left it on for the pic because of the contrast so it could be seen better.
I suppose I need to turn my lower play field back on. A friend prefers playing with the lower play field turned off. So I turned it off and like the way the pin plays without the lower play field. It gives better flow.
Don't get me wrong. I like the lower play field and I'll turn it back on eventually. But if I had bought a Pro instead of my LE, I would have no regrets.

We are going to make one of those small ball guides next service. That is a great idea, the small balls create different issues. Ours does not register most of the time. Great feature of the game, I love trying to play both playfields at the same time!

#8066 8 months ago
Quoted from Ven:

Sadly the code issues have been discussed over and over, Munsters really isn't a newbie friendly pin the shots are hard the out lanes are hungry and it plays fast. That doesn't make for a very fun game for new players and from what I have seen locally people just don't like playing it in league, tournaments or on location in general.
Mine has been sitting folded up in storage for a bit now waiting for some code love. I tried to sell it and other than giving it away nobody wanted it so I will hold out for new code and hopefully it will become a more desirable pin as it should be.

We have the opposite. We have newbies that come over just to play Munsters. Newbies that are not on Pinside, absolutelly love the game. Newbies that are on Pinside ask about the code and what is wrong with it. Once we explain to the Pinside newbies nothing is wrong with the code game is just a bit different, they love the game too.

#8097 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Trying it out. I was able to hook the topper up tonight.
Impressions:
1) Of the two cables that drop down from the top, the one with two wires tie wrapped together, I would like to see about 4 more inches of wire so I can run in the cable holders on the back of the back box. but it is too short to reach that far.
[quoted image]
2) Looks like there might be a light behind Lily that is not working. Can anybody confirm if she should be lit like there other 3?
[quoted image]
Operation
A) I guess it is working OK. But I can't say I see a lot of action. The raven comes out occasionally and says something like "Nevermore" and a couple of other things. I did mange to get a Munster Madness going and Raven popped out a little bit for that, but it seems to me that he is mostly missing in action. But mostly, I'm busy playing and don't get many chances to look up.
B) The clock moved from 12:00 o'clock to 11:00 o'clock but I did not see it move. But on a later game I just happened to look up and see the clock make a full revolution from 11 to 11.
It is an OK topper and looks nice, and as far as I can tell, it seems to be working properly, except for Lily not being lit up.
But honestly, I was expecting more action from the raven.

Great you have the topper on, looks fantastic! Lily light should be on. If it is like ours, the wire was broken off the LED and it is quite a mission to get in there to fix it.

When you play a character, only that light for the character is on and flashing. When in attract mode, the right flipper should activate the clock and sometimes raven (I think).

Have fun!

#8101 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you both.
I guess you are saying the I have to take it all apart if my LED problem is the same as yours.

Yep unless you send it back for warranty.

If you do it yourself, you will have to undo all the screws all the way around the cover. I cannot remember exactly how to do it. I do remember being disappointed that I had to take apart another pinball toy because it did not work properly. I do remember it was easy to do, just took some time.

#8175 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just got through taking mine apart and fixing the door rod. I have pics, too.
Everything is plastic except for the lower plate. It is metal with screw studs welded on.
[quoted image]
It works best if you remove all 4 faces from the topper. This will give you better access to some of the attachment nuts on the base and the plastics for the clock. The 4 plastics that make up the clock housing are directional; Left and Right. They will only go back on one way.
[quoted image]
Remove the big plastic light board on the back for better access for removing the clock. The clock hand is held one with one small screw. DON'T LOSE that screw.
The clock is attached to the base with three lock nuts. There are also two wire harnesses that need disconnected.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Once the clock is removed the raven can be accessed. Three nuts and to harness connectors.
[quoted image]
There is a small angle bracket that comes away with Raven. Don't forget to put it back on.
[quoted image]
The door actuator rod is held on with two screws---AND TWO SPACERS. Don't lose them. After I rotated the rod, it door seemed a little loose. I pushed down on the rod a little bit to tighten it up. But I do like your spring idea wand with do that before I remount the topper.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Mine has Stern coil
[quoted image]
When reattaching the 4 faces there is an easy way and a hard way. The easy way is mount Lily's face first then screw on the 2 locknuts just loosely. Ley her face lean forward. Then set Herman's face and loosely screw on the two nuts for his face. Now tighten Herman's face down. Then go for Lily. Repeat for the other side.

Connonm it is a shame that you have to completly pull your topper apart to get it working correctly. We had to do the same and so did a few others. Upside is you will be happy with it when you get it going. We love ours and think it is right up therr with AFMrLE as ome of the best toppers ever.

Check the continunity on the wires for the Lily light and you will probably get that going also.

Thanks for the info and photos.

Keep smiling!

#8230 8 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok thx.
I will wait to bugs are worked out.

Good move.

Stern need to stand behind their product. No confidence, no sale. That is us from now on.

If I was the distro with all the QC shit of late, I would test every topper before letting it go out the door, that way my customers would be a lot more secure in spending their money with me.

#8234 8 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Exactly why I said it above, crack open a munsters if you need to and test those toppers it’s going to save a lot of time and money for that distributor and if zero games are played on it and the topper is just tested for function, what’s going to be lost on the game $100? Seems worth it to me.
I’m off to look at the Munsters for sale near me this week amazing price so likely going to be in the club this weekend!

I agree. Test the toppers and show your customers you are committed to giving them a good product. If the topper does not work, return it to Stern for warranty before any customer has to go through all the BS warranty claim process.

Remember to look for pooling around the posts where there is artwork. Look forward to you joining the club!

#8236 8 months ago

Mine that I received Friday does not work.
And on that note, anyone have any ideas on how to fix? Chas says I can fix myself or send in for repair....sigh.
[quoted image]

Depends how handy you are? Looks like light 14 (I do not know where that light is) could have solder trace touching or could need replacing. The node board or connections could be faulty as well.

If you are not confident, send it back for repair.

Looks like Sten re boxed all the return warranty toppers and re sold them. Again, shit QC.

Topper is awesome when it works. This is why I love Pinside. A collection give group of info.

#8238 8 months ago

Narrowed it down to this panel and realized I have a light out on it. Seeing if Chas wants me to send back the entire topper or just wants to send me a new light/wire set.
[quoted image]

If you have got that far, do you have a mutlimeter and know how to use it? Chances are there is a short in the circuit for that LED or the LED is shorted.. I would start with the LED and the wires. Make sure there is no wires accidentally soldered to another wire or connection.

#8259 8 months ago

mbwalker pinballaddicted I'm not a multimeter pro by any means, but I know my way around one. I didn't see what was obviously a bad solder joint so I checked all the wires for continuity and all was well. Then I went to the light itself... When I test all the other lights, the lights light up a bit and the multimeter stays silent. When I test the bad one I get my beep and no light. I haven't soldered anything in a long long time. I don't even know where my soldering iron is... Hoping Chas will send me the whole string rather the one led so I don't have to figure out if I can still do it.
mk6pin Thanks! I just tested it with one set of lights plugged in at a time. Turns out, rather fortunately, that the light string that is out are the background lights. So, I went ahead and installed it with this set of lights removed entirely. Works fine other than the fact that, as many have reported, the raven door doesn't close all the way and the raven light is BRIGHT if you look right at it while playing.

Sounds like the LED has a short. Hopefully Chas will sort you out fairly quickly. Gook Luck waiting for the wiring loom, I am still waiting for one for GBLE since early 2018. Stern do not even respond to their distros if it is too hard.

Good news you do not have the error and can enjoy your topper a little.

#8268 8 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s a shame that Munsters probably has the best integrated topper Stern has done to date but they clearly don’t care about quality control. The Batman topper fits the game perfectly, but the Munsters is an absolute must have.
Kudos to those of you that have fixed what Stern couldn’t be bothered with.
And another Stern of the Union has come and gone with no mention of Munsters code.

Mostly people like yourself that do not own a game do most of the complaining.

Here you are again going on about Munsters code. Owners Clubs says it all.

#8271 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Relax. jfh is not a troll. He likes the game but wants more code; He is not coming on this thread or the other thread and saying Munsters is a piece of shit. He is not telling any of us that we are idiots for buying one. And he is not saying anything that is untrue; Well, I'm fine with the code but a lot of owners are not.

Cotton, I am glad you have your topper going and repaired

Re non owners posting in owners club threads.. There are other other threads to discuss games, code etc, etc. Out of respect to others we should all respect the Pinside rules. It is very simple.

There are also other threads for the people that are not happy with the code

#8288 8 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So being that you're "in it".....there is a microswitch that registers when the hand spins by a plastic dowel that is positioned on the backside of the geared wheel. A good chance that it may not be closing contact everytime the dowel goes past it.
It's a normal playfield switch, and like those, may take a simple, minor bend to ensure it is registering every time. Just a guess as it's been awhile since mine's been apart, but remember I had to adjust mine.....swear that thing feels like your working on a mech in the game, not a topper....crazy.....

Our clock does that too. Thanks very much for the info, very much appreciated!

#8300 8 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Know this is just an educated guess ( it was the first thing I found on "rev 1" and reported). There is also an interrrupter wheel on the wheel as well, that was interpreted as a time element ( counting the breaks to set the clock correctly).
The clock has its own, metal geared assembly ( as I'm sure you've seen) so this whole thing is legit.
There definitely needs to be a parts breakdown w description/ part#, and schematic provided in documentation at some point.
It's actually built quite well, but can see the need to service it down the road as with the rest of the machine ( coil, sleeve, motor, switch, etc.). Things will wear out or fail like all things pinball.
Munsters has 2 amazing toys that aren't on the main pf .....

I intend to pull our topper apart again next time we clean and service out machine. There is quite a lot going on inside the raven clock. Great topper!

#8302 8 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm e-mailing Chas tonight to plead for a schematic and blowup diagram w part #'s. Hopefully, he has it by now.
Would be very valuable. Some standard parts (LED's, coil, sleeve, micro switch, node board), but some proprietary things (clock motor, metal assemblies, nylon guide, wheels, etc.).

That is awesome. If you could share that with me, I would really appreciate it.

Great work!

#8322 8 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I fire Munsters up for same game play. I have my clock set so that Midnite Madness comes on sometime in the afternoon. I'm playing along and, shoot a ball up the left orbit. At that point in time, my pin goes dark so I am thinking Midnight Madness. The ball comes down the other side and drains. I have no flippers. I have nothing.
Munsters has locked up. All my feature lights go dark. The only thing burning is the back glass and the LED monitor. And down in Grandpa's Basement there is a small red light lit on an optos board. That's it. Dead pinball machine. The first thought is what is going on? The 2nd thought was how much was this going to cost?
Turning the pin off and back on solved the problem. But the question is: What just happened? What was this all about?
Any thoughts? Ideas?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

First, let Stern know and ask them what they think. While you are waiting, please look below to my thoughts.

Looks like a code issue. Please check all your connections to the CPU board are seated correctly, and all your cat 5 cables are seated correctly throughout the machine. If the game was mine, I would flash a new SD card (buy a new good quality one) and put it in the machine. You will lose all your settings and high scores unless you save all these to a USB drive and re load after you have changed over the SD card. Machine has to be off to swap the SD card over.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Good Luck!

1 week later
#8382 8 months ago

Loving some Munsters pinball today Game is different and fun to play. Most of the negativity comes from people who do not own the game. The rest of us absolutely love it.

15896893443323372918982643067744 (resized).jpg
#8387 8 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

, i like this pin, i like to play it, BUT what i wrote above is also why i dont want/have this pin home... :/

Owners clubs are for owners of the game to talk about their machine. Simple rule of pinside The code on the game has been talked about negatively on this thread mostly by people who do not own the game. A little bit of respect goes a long way.

#8388 8 months ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Love the 2 that you have Munsters nestled in between. JP2 going anywhere?

Not going anywhere soon!

#8390 8 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, because i dont own the game, that should means i dont know it ?
can you show me where i was disrespectful ?
... have a goodnight

1. A non owner continually posting in an owners club is not respectful to the Pinside rules
2. A non owner again, being negative about the code is not respectful to owners of the game.

I am not sure which part you do not understand?

You can post whatever you like on the other Munsters threads. I am just respectfully asking you to respect the Pinside rules and owners of the game. I for one am sick of the BS.

#8400 8 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then you need to stop promoting B.S. There are far more existing owners in here that have commented on code than non-owners.
Munsters is a great game in so many ways yet you (and a tiny minority of owners) feel compelled to continue to either hype up the game (why would that be necessary to do for others that own it?) or completely reject comments from those who love to play the game on location and/or might want the game at some point, regardless of reason. It reeks of desperation and/or the need to justify a purchase decision (which no one needs to justify to anyone but themselves).
I don’t want to be limited to discussion with only people that don’t own a game and certainly don’t want to be stuck in threads started by trolls like the “worst code ever” guy. Threads like this one are the best places to get information about a game. Many mod makers or tech guys don’t own games. Do you want to exclude them to? What about previous owners? Like it or not, these threads are the best place for game discussion once a game is out in the market and owners should welcome informed and reasoned discussion.
You want to tilt at windmills and become the thread listing police for any game you own? Take it up with Robin. You want verified or moderated owner threads? I sure don’t and I doubt very many others do either.
Although I assume you own Munsters, I find it ironic that someone who keeps his collection hidden complains about who posts where.

What a load of crap. Another non owner on here pushing his own BS. Owners clubs are for owners of a machine to enjoy a dickhead and troll free thread.

You neglected to mention that you attended the Munsters Launch, got a heap of promo gear signed, and then sold it all at a profit. You just want to troll owners by saying "I may buy a game if the code improves". Take your BS to an appropriate thread.

#8401 8 months ago

double post

#8405 8 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol! If you are going to attack me, get your facts straight.
I sold one set of promo items from my wife’s VIP package (for slightly 1/2 the cost) and a Pro translite I bought and got (and paid for) to have signed. In that case I made a whopping $8 over what the translite, signatures and tube cost me, not accounting for my time and effort.
I have my VIP stuff, some personalized photos from Butch and Pat and also had a Premium translite signed that I have ready for my Munsters B&W Premium should I end up with one. I’m not going to sell it because TPF was Pat’s last show so I couldn’t replace it if I wanted to (and, as far as I know, I was the only one at TPF with a Premium translite).
You clearly don’t know my history with or desire for the game and seem obsessed with the idea that I post in “your” thread. It’s pretty clear that I’m not the troll. If you have a problem with me, take it to PM and leave the thread for topics about the game, not your perceived slights.
(And yet we still can’t see your games ...)

Had to validate your non purchase?

Go away. I have no interest in wasting any more time.

1 week later
#8490 7 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Got my color premium in today. Loved it on location, love it at home so far. Such a great theme and just a straight up fun game to play. A lot like Batman '66 -- lots of humor and fun songs and '60s TV clips, it puts a smile on your face every time. And those lively go-go songs get my wife's butt wiggling while she plays, so that's an added bonus.
I find it weird some are so hard on this game while Metallica is considered one of the better pins of the last 15 years. No hate for Metallica here, it's sitting 4 feet away from my Munsters, but Munsters is kind of a slightly souped-up Metallica. Both have bar targets on the side instead of drops. Orbit, left ramp, bash toy at about 11 o'clock, right ramp, orbit. Munsters premium has the under playfield, Metallica premium the hammer into coffin lock, both awesome. Metallica has those great graveyard drop targets, Munsters has Spot under the stairs. Double left inlanes, one right inlane. Two kickass themes. I dunno.

Welcome to the club!

#8503 7 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just joined the club with a pro. Still getting to grips with it but one thing I seem to have an issue with is often when I start multiball I end up with 2 balls stuck on the magnet and have to wait for the magnet to just drop them, probably happens 75% of the time. I'm guessing this is common for everyone? is there a fix? can the magnet strength be adjusted?

Welcome to the club!

First thing to check is that your machine is leveled correctly (pitch). If that is not it, balls maybe starting to become magnetized. Put new carbon balls in the game and that should fix it.

#8508 7 months ago

Some code help please.

If you activate Munster Madness on the first ball and do not complete the sequence to start Munster Madness, does the activation carry over to the next ball? Or do you have to activate Munster Madneds each ball?

Thanks!

#8510 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re progress should save so if you have it lit and drain, next ball it should still be lit.

We have our Munsters set up with the outlines all the way open, no ball save and at 7 degree pitch. It is challenging to learn all the rules as the ball times are short.

Thanks very much for your help chuckwurt, appreciate it.

#8512 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah this is definitely one of those games where I’ll have like 50 stinkers then get to Munster Madness 2 and blow it up for a few hundred million. Haha

Yep, that is me too. Love it!

#8517 7 months ago

For anyone that has a topper and your clock keeps spinning:

There is a micro switch in the back of the clock our switch was bolted on too tight and did not work at all. Loosened the bolts a little bit, adjusted the switch and now the clock works as it should.

Awesome topper!

15909891131933071853586578465575 (resized).jpg15909891405542467632409145089500 (resized).jpg

#8521 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Just what I was afraid of. Now I have to take the topper off the pin and tear it apart, again.
It is becoming quite obvious that none of these parts/ assemblies were passed by inspection before they went out the door.
Hubris.

It only took me about 30 minutes to fix. Luckily I had some experience pulling the topper apart so I knew what I was in for.

#8532 7 months ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Well just joined the topper club. Just want to say thanks to Kurt over at Hemispheres Amusements in Hampshire IL. He took the time to open the topper with me hook it up to a machine he had there and test it. Then took it apart adjusted the switch because the clock wouldn't stop spinning changed the spring so the door works properly adjusted the hand so it would stop on the right time retested it all while I waited. Took about an hour. Great customer service went above and beyond to fix Stern's mistakes.
P.S. think he said he had one or two left and he will check and fix before shipping.

That is a good distro. Making sure his customer is happy.

I think the repairs he made for you are what was wrong with most of the toppers, plus some light stuff ups as well.

Great topper, I am sure you will enjoy it.

#8552 7 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I love the Gold foil, I want to buy a set for my premium. I didn't know you can change the color on them

It is just gold cardboard. Not sure where you can buy it in the USA but in Australia most newsagents, officeworks, and craft shops keep it in all different colours and finishes.

1 week later
#8573 7 months ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s interesting that I decided to visit this thread today. I’m well aware of many enthusiasts feelings about the Munsters code, but there is an LE for a fair price nearby that I’m considering purchasing. However, I’m reading about everyone getting rid of theirs and having second thoughts! I just can’t figure out if this is a good pin to buy low with the hopes that there is a code update. With that being said, it doesn’t seem like Stern is very interested in the pin. Anyway, I’m just thinking out loud

Find one to play if you can. I like the game, short ball times and brutal. Smooth shots and a stunning looking game. Some people love it and some do not. It is a Dwight special and scoring is all about the multiplyers. The game is a bit different and you have to think about how to play it to get a good score. Topper is insane when working correctly.

#8607 7 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern definitely pulled a fast one on Munsters buyers, starting with changing the number of LEs right out of the gate. The LEs sold out almost instantly long before the now infamous Dwight comments. There was *zero* discussion at TPF of “the code is pretty much done” and no reason for LE buyers to think the game was going to be different than any other recent game. I had a day 2 LE order that I cancelled because I really couldn’t wrap my head around the art package and decided to get a Premium because the b/w art package was awesome.
TPF was a great reveal, there was great energy for the game, Borg’s session was awesome and then *poof* - Stern pulled the rug out. And they know what they did because Munsters sales just dropped almost instantly after Dwight’s video. Stern has since added code to support the topper and very little else. Every single LE buyer (mist of whom had to commit before it was even possible to play a game) got shafted IMO because, all of a sudden, it was “we want to ship 1.0 code at release, so what you see is what you get”.
No other recent game has had so little attention given to it post-launch. I’ve always been pretty sure the rumors of “a big update is coming” was started by a dealer who saw orders dry up as soon as Dwight’s comments were made. And I’ve hoped, without any peep from Stern, that was true. But the longer we hear nothing the more I think Stern is perfectly happy letting this wonderful title just fade away.
Stern seems to take LE buyers for suckers. Why aren’t they produced last after all the kinks are ironed out? Because LEs have the highest margin and Stern wants to sell as many to super fans of the theme as fast as they can before anyone knows what’s what.
I am still pissed at what Stern did to Munsters and feel for so many who decided to move on, not because Munsters is a bad game but because Stern was hellbent on pushing out a throwback game to address a problem that never actually existed and then did nothing when they realized collectors weren’t clamoring for that kind of experience.
All of my Sterns have been NIB LEs. But I can’t be in the LE FOMO camp any more because I have little faith Stern will do right by those folks.

Can you post us some photos of your game?

An owners club is for owners to enjoy their purchase and share their thoughts, both good and bad. Stern has not pulled a swifty on anyone. If you like the game good, if you do not like the game that is ok too. Sales for the game are strong otherwise Stern would not be making more games.

#8611 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They didnt pull a fast one on me because I watched a lot of video on the game before buying and I went and played it like three times before purchasing it. As far as adding another 100 LE's I dont think it's a big deal at all because LE's dont keep or grow their value because of their limited production numbers. They hold their value because of the extra features that they come with more than anything. That's my opinion of it anyway.

Same here! We love our MUNLE.

#8621 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Have had MUN LE for over a year now, still enjoy it, have no plans to dish it... I started another topic, asking for advice on which game I should buy next between my final 2 choices (dont want to hijack this topic, so not listing the games). What I did find interesting and perplexing is that of the 4 reponses I have received on my new topic, 3 of them suggested I dump MUN LE and get both of my final choices!

This owners club for me is the most disappointing thread on Pinside I follow. People that do not own the game constantly posting and beating the game about anything and everything. This thread gets consistently hijacked so I would not worry about that.

The hobby is about you and what you like. I would focus on that rather than the negativity that can suffocate this thread sometimes.

#8623 7 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

The overwhelming majority of complaints and suggestions in this thread come from owners or former owners of the game. Just because you may not agree with them doesn’t make them any less valid.

Agreed. And no one should buy or sell Munsters (or any other game) based primarily on someone else’s opinion.

You are one of the biggest contributers to the negativity of the game. Go through the 8600 posts on this club thread and tell us how many posts are yours. Constantly banging on about code, shit sales and spewing your opinion on an owners club thread....and guess what? You do not own a Munsters game and have not owned one previously.

So no, most of the complaints and suggestions are not from owners or ex owners. I am always interested in what an ex owner says about a game.

#8629 7 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Again, you don’t have your facts straight. Before this post, I have 153 in the thread. You may want to go actually read them. There are maybe 5 or 6 that could be considered bashing or negative and that’s being very generous. I have quite a few upvoted posts where people must obviously agree. I won’t insult others here by pointing out the far more negative posts made by others in this thread.
You see me post in this thread and you just can’t handle it, no matter what I say. I get it. But claiming I’m somehow responsible for negativity surrounding the game is a ludicrous stretch. (And technically I’m a former owner since I had to find someone to take my LE and effectively sold what would have been my game). Maybe one day I’ll get a Premium and really make your day

If you bought a game I would gladly welcome you to the club. I am happy to eat humble pie if I have made a mistake.

#8662 7 months ago

Sold out LE last night, moving on to Dwight's next game a TMNTLE. I am sad to see the game go, the bank account is not.

Plenty of love for Munsters in Australia. We answered a wanted ad and had the game sold in 30 minutes. Really nice people, good to see the game going to a nice home. Congratulations to the new owners!

#8664 7 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sad to hear you’re out of the club, but will see you in TMNT! Munsters is a gem of a game.

Our Pinball room is full at the moment so we have to sell a game if we want another one. Looks like LOTRLE is going out the door as well.

#8670 7 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Oh that’s a tough one, I made that mistake once and took years to get another HUO immaculate machine again. LOTR is by far one of Sterns masterpieces and not leaving again.
GLWTS. They sell quick And their price tags have been rising.

I agree, one of Stern greats but we are just not playing the game. We advertised it and took a deposit in less than 30 minutes. Game is going to a good home!
No regrets when we sell a game, it means a new game is coming!

4 weeks later
#8766 6 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well you’re right we don’t know the numbers, but we do know what distributors tell us. Munsters NIB sales have dropped off a cliff. We also know the secondary market is very difficult, unless discounted more than any other machine and that’s sad for such a great machine in all other areas.