pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4884 4 years ago

Thought I would post and share an issue I experienced yesterday with a premium version which I purchased 6 weeks ago. I enjoy reading this forum and thought by sharing this, it may assist others in the future should the same issue arise.
The left flipper on the mini PF, although operating, was very slow when returning to its de-energised state (parking position).
While not happy with this happening with a NIB machine only 6 weeks old, the only way to attack the issue was to remove the mini PF to explore the cause.
I found the mini PF was very easy to remove by the simple unplug of x 3 wire harnesses and x 4 lock nuts (Circled in RED) under the PF. (Diagram Attached).
I removed the coil and found there was some resistance on the flipper linkages which was restricting the spring around the coil plunger from operating efficiently. I disassembled the flipper bat and linkage, cleaned and reassembled all. Fixed !
Still unsure of the cause, however now confident in the future to remove and fix any mini PF issues in the future.

Munsters - Mini PF (resized).jpgMunsters - Mini PF (resized).jpg
2 months later
#5675 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Oh yeh, I can see that now. Strange.

I have a premium and just looked at my PF. Found there is a rectangular piece of mylar in front of the outhole. Also noticed mylar in inlane and bumper region as well.

1 week later
#5836 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I had/have the same node board behavior. I actually think that’s by design.
It happens every time the coin door is open, but only then.
If you open the door but then press and hold the white button that detects if the door is open/closed those errors all go away.
I think it’s just because they cut power to those boards to prevent folks from getting zapped. Notice when you open the coin door the whole playfield goes dark.
I took video here:

And verify it’s the door switch causing it here:

If I was stern I wouldn’t show this error unless someone actually ran the diagnostics. Even then I would detect if the door is open and inform the user on the screen that the door must be closed for those tests to pass.
Not user friendly for sure.

That is strange, my machine (Premium) does not have a switch fitted?

Munsters - Coin Door (resized).jpgMunsters - Coin Door (resized).jpg
#5840 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not all models of the Munsters did without rhyme or reason some machines did and others didn't and build dates didn't seem to matter as well. My machine B/W Prem built March 2019 does not have the high voltage cutoff switch.

Thanks ! Mine build was March 2019 as well. Build for export to Australia (240 VAC).

2 weeks later
#6131 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

just installed my topper. The door for Raven opens all the way initially, but then only holds around 2/3rds to 3/4s of fully open. Anyone one encounter this? I noticed that you can see the coil settings but I didn’t see how to change them. Ideas?

My brother has just taken delivery of a NIB premium with a topper. The latest code 10_02_0 is installed. Playing the machine yesterday, yes, we did notice the door would not close fully after raven call outs, and stops partially open ( approx 1/4 open). With a slight push, the door can be closed. It feels/sounds like pushing against a server motor when manually closing.

#6186 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I like that idea! Might give that a try.

I don't have a topper for my premium as yet, however my brother has one and I did notice the LEDS (Not sure on LED diameter) behind the acrylics (Eddie and Lilly) were very bright when viewing from an angle. Thought this 3D print could be placed around the LED could eliminate the problem. Double sided tape on the 2 square tabs could be used to mount over/around the LEDS. Adjustments to the 3D print could be made if required. Let me know your thoughts.
M - Topper - LED Cover (resized).JPGM - Topper - LED Cover (resized).JPG

3 months later
#7096 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How many plays have you guys put on your Munsters games so far? I haven't played mine much, only got about 700 I think?

Looked about 2 weeks ago, had about 1000 games. Most of these were the played by the grand-kids. Had this premium since late May 2019.

3 weeks later
#7235 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

This time i did something with a 3d printer.
remodeled the Munsters that it is 3d printable, letters attached together. And some neon green filament.
Letters are about 5mm thick. The Print is about 7cm wide.[quoted image][quoted image]

Well done, I like what you have printed. I have a printer and would like to make a key chain for my Munsters machine keys. What you have could be embossed into a rectangular background. Are you willing to share the .stl file. If not I understand?

1 month later
#7472 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:Hi,
yes thats the big question, i only got this as clue. I know what ever has "HERMAN" to do with munsters. It's like what has bender to do with Futurama and so on. On the Word and Character "Herman" i am working since the beginning on the quest for secret mania.
And i am breaking my head how we could translate that or other words that have connection to herman will translate into a flipper code.
i tried herman as a direct flipper code, with a letter translation like chuck said A=1, B=2, C=3 and so on until Z=26
no luck there.
Peter

What about - HIM or HER ?

2 weeks later
#7687 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Took some time, thingiverse needs a wait time of 24h for new accounts to publish things.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887

I found the wire on my premium was also bent. Downloaded you design and will print. Thanks !

3 weeks later
#8332 3 years ago

I have had over 500 games to date on my Premium. I had previously 3D printed (Designed by' Cabal' - Thank you !) the post support to prevent the wire form near Herman from bending. Playing a few games this morning and a ball has hit and broken the tip off the plastic as shown. My concern is that a ball could now hit the back of IR PCB on the left ramp with the possibility of breaking it or worse. To help in protecting the small IR PCB, I have designed a 3D printed cover which slips over the top of the PCB and is a very simple install. Cosmetically it improves the look at the back of the PCB as well.

I could upload onto 'Thingiverse' if anyone wants the .stl file so they can 3D print.

Munsters - Left Ramp - IR Protector (resized).JPGMunsters - Left Ramp - IR Protector (resized).JPGMunsters IR Protector (resized).JPGMunsters IR Protector (resized).JPG
#8342 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Yes please upload it to thingiverse.
For the broken plastic there is a service kit from Stern out:
Stern Pinball Service Kit Munsters Plastic #19 Black & White #502-7096-01
https://www.kms-handel-shop.de/de/stern-pinball/stern-pinball-service-kit-munsters-plastic-19-black-white-502-7096-01_40568_12403
i have found it on my disitributors site. But you should get it from Stern or your distributor directly.

Thanks 'Cabal', I have sent an email to Stern asking for a Service Kit replacement under warranty. Awaiting a response.

I uploaded the 3D print file to 'Thingiverse' this morning, however not sure if it has been submitted / received. Will know more when they approve it I guess ?

#8372 3 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I have had over 500 games to date on my Premium. I had previously 3D printed (Designed by' Cabal' - Thank you !) the post support to prevent the wire form near Herman from bending. Playing a few games this morning and a ball has hit and broken the tip off the plastic as shown. My concern is that a ball could now hit the back of IR PCB on the left ramp with the possibility of breaking it or worse. To help in protecting the small IR PCB, I have designed a 3D printed cover which slips over the top of the PCB and is a very simple install. Cosmetically it improves the look at the back of the PCB as well.
I could upload onto 'Thingiverse' if anyone wants the .stl file so they can 3D print.[quoted image][quoted image]

3d Part now loaded onto 'Thingiverse'. Here is the link > https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4359221

3 months later
#8961 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Pro or premium? Would I regret not getting the lower play field?

Go the Premium. The lower playfield completes the game for me !!

2 months later
#9339 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Since you just got the pin, keep an eye in this area. The guide can get bent and in my case, damage the opto board sitting next to it. There's a 3D print somewhere in this thread file. You can download the file have someone print it for you to help keep it from bending.[quoted image]

I did have this issue and own a 3D printer. I have printed, installed and it works well. You will find the 3D print file (.stl) here

1 week later
#9467 3 years ago

Here's my alternative, paid around $100.00 AUD. Mounted acrylic sign on a custom timber frame. LED colours and modes are adjustable.

Munsters - Topper (resized).JPGMunsters - Topper (resized).JPG
1 month later
#9664 3 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hello all, not an owner but I am debating it. I originally wanted to buy a NIB Munsters premium but believed the pinside hate about it and the distributor I went with talked me into a deadpool pro. It’s been 6 months and deadpool just isn’t for me. I have an opportunity to trade for a monsters LE and some cash on my end. It looks really fun to me and I love the idea of the mini playfield as it leaves the upper playfield open and less clunky and cluttered. I guess I am just looking to see if people who own it enjoy it.

I watched the munsters tv series as a kid and restoring em's is my passion. Munsters premium (B&W) is my first NIB purchase and I am extremely happy all round with this machine. Such a great package. Friends & family love it and its a keeper for sure.

5 months later
#9999 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Does anybody know of a protector for the spot opto receiver?
[quoted image]

See the links below to the files for 3D printed parts which will fix the problem. One is for a post designed by cabal1313 to stop the wireform from bending (Installed over existing post), and the other I designed to cover for the opto. Both work and print very well.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4359221

2 weeks later
#10052 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

What is the best way to get access to Grandpa's Laboratory? I need to clean that playfield and install the ramp cover. Thanks everyone!

Here's a link to previous posts. I also recommend this method.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/156#post-5596100

3 months later
#10334 2 years ago

This is the link to the 3D print 'Block'. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887 . I have printed, installed, and it works very well.

#10341 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with lower play field clock showing 10 seconds just all of a sudden while playing n then it will go off and when u start to go into the lower play field it starts counting off time before you can even start playing. Also when raven starts counting 4-3-2-1 it skips sometimes from 4 to 1 mine is brand new just got it first week September. Thanks

The 10 seconds in the lower playfield is associated with the 'Skill Shot' mode. Have a read of the 'Skill shot' section in the link to rulesheet.

http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781

4 weeks later
#10509 2 years ago

I have a premium edition, there is an option for a quick or full code update. I have selected the full update, how long does the update take to complete ?
I am seeing 'Game Code Update / Resuming. Has been updating now for around 5 minutes. Is this normal?

#10511 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I had to do full update and "verify" to get mine down loaded

Seemed to be in a loop the 1st time. Powered off and selected the quick update. Could see file loading progression and took around 3-4 minutes.
All good, have played a few games with more call outs, video material etc... Thanks for all who encouraged Stern to make this code update happen.
Was happy with old code and now very pleased. This is a great title and thanks to the Stern team.

2 weeks later
#10613 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Man it’s gotten quite on here. Any body got to play further in the new code or been to busy to play like I have. Work is killing me has anyone updated there rateing talk to me my people is there anybody left out there. LOL LOL

I hear you ! I loaded the recent code update and like the improvements. Had a play around with the new 'DJ Mixer' mode and had it running for some time to listen to all the tracks. Great feature.

1 week later
#10723 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve got a problem wanted to see if anyone had a idea what is wrong.
My right flipper in bottom play field on my Munsters premium will stick sometimes it will stay up n I’ll tap it a couple of times n it goes back. It’s almost like it gets stuck any ideas I appreciate any help thanks so much.

I had the left flipper on the mini PF returning slowly, found nothing wrong with the mech and discovered the flipper rubber was touching the PF plastic as shown.

lab flipper (resized).PNGlab flipper (resized).PNG
1 month later
#11025 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

My friend printed me some replacement flashers caps from thingaverse. He used transparent filament. Turned out pretty nice and matches the black and white theme better.
[quoted image]

Those caps look great, like your friends work. Does he have the files listed on Thingiverse for others to print, or would he consider sharing the .stl file?

Do the replacement caps simply slide over the top of the original caps?

Thanks.

#11028 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

The files are on thingaverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2780429
My friend printed at 45%. I thought they were a bit tall so I cut off the bottom rung and a half. Also hollowed out the center with a drill bit hoping to disperse the light a bit better.
Completely removed the factory flasher cap. Made a small plastic piece, roughly the same size as the stern flasher board. Epoxied the new flasher cover to the plastic piece.

Thanks , I will have a play around with the file.

1 week later
#11076 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

The files are on thingaverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2780429
My friend printed at 45%. I thought they were a bit tall so I cut off the bottom rung and a half. Also hollowed out the center with a drill bit hoping to disperse the light a bit better.
Completely removed the factory flasher cap. Made a small plastic piece, roughly the same size as the stern flasher board. Epoxied the new flasher cover to the plastic piece.

Quoted from mbwalker:

I downloaded the files and noticed they were solid, so I went into TinkerCad and hollowed one out (reversed it for the example below). I'm out of translucent filament, so was just fooling around for now.
Some red translucent would be neat! A translucent resin print would be even better.
[quoted image]

Had a play around and printed the below in a PLA translucent filament. The remixed print is hollowed out and slides directly over all of the existing coloured flashers and designed to clear the 2 screws securing the current flashers. Base diameter is 48mm and 70 mm in height. The print included a raft and took around 4.5 hours on a Creality CR10S Pro for a single print.

I will submit the remixed design (file) for download on Thingiverse asap. See pics below.

P1 (resized).PNGP1 (resized).PNGP2 (resized).PNGP2 (resized).PNGP3 (resized).PNGP3 (resized).PNGP4 (resized).PNGP4 (resized).PNGP5 (resized).PNGP5 (resized).PNG
#11080 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Very nice! I've made 3D mods for myself and friends and one thing I try to do is make the mods easy to install (i.e. slip on). So kudos to you for being able to slip over the existing flashers!
Not long ago, I 3D printed a raptor for my JP Pro that hides the original flat plastic raptor. I printed a fence that the raptor was 'breaking thru'. I didn't actually print the raptor itself, I bought that for a few bucks at a hobby store and made a mounting hole in the fence that his tail slipped thru and hot glued it in place. A few small holes at the base for mounting the fake plants (hides the original raptor flat plastic) and some hobby wire from Walmart for the 'busted fence' part...and done. Slips right over the original plastic.
In case you've missed it - there's a rather active 3D printing thread here on Pinside.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is very well done. Innovative ! I will check out the 3D printing threads.

I have submitted the print on the Thingiverse site, the link is below.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5322682

#11092 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

I would absolutely hot glue a small, round steel ball on the top. It will look 1000x better.

Yes I agree with you. I could amend the top for the ball to rest in.

#11094 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

That would be a great finishing touch. Wonder if you could find a nice looking plastic ball bearing that would be easy to drill into? Bronze or copper would be easy too. Maybe find something at a hobby store?
Edit: Something like this?
[quoted image]
Or this for an old school look?[quoted image]

Thanks for the post, I will take your suggestions on board.

6 months later
#11430 1 year ago

Finally received my LE translight (Transitions from B&W to Colour) which I ordered over 3 months ago from a maker in Poland.
This has been mentioned before on the forum, however I have installed and I am very happy with this mod version.
Also mounted /installed an acrylic topper which I purchased.

#11447 1 year ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Anyone else here receive a message on time to change the batteries inside the Munsters pin?? What size are they and where are they located? Is it hard to do? And do you lose any of the custom settings during the swap out? Tnx

Info found in manual for LE version. Quoted that battery is for game clock between power cycles, no mention of holding game settings. Maybe SD holds game settings?

Battery - Stern - Spike (resized).jpgBattery - Stern - Spike (resized).jpgStern - Battery  (resized).JPGStern - Battery (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#11469 1 year ago

From the LE manual, this may help.

CN9  -2 (resized).JPGCN9 -2 (resized).JPGCN9 (resized).JPGCN9 (resized).JPG
5 months later
#11622 12 months ago

Did you buy it or make it ?

1 week later
#11633 11 months ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I'm gonna order one of these guys today. thanks.
did the same kind of this to replace the plastic clock.[quoted image][quoted image]

Where can you order ? Are they 3D printed?

Thanks

1 week later
#11641 11 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

There's a free 3d model of Grandpa on thingiverse (if you have the 3D printer): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5959055
[quoted image]

I do have a 3D printer and will give this a go over the weekend.

1 month later
#11657 9 months ago

I took out the coin box from my 'Premium' recently after 6 months or so. On top of the box was black powder / dust, along with what looks to be tiny metal fragments / powder on both sides of the coin box handles.

Thinking the metal could be from the flippers or slingshots. Has anyone seen this before ?

20230709_104333 (resized).jpg20230709_104333 (resized).jpg20230709_104457 (resized).jpg20230709_104457 (resized).jpg
#11659 9 months ago

Thanks, I will check out this morning.

#11660 9 months ago

Had a look and your correct, coil stops on both are loose and worn. Will order new ones now. Thanks.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s from the coil stops. They need replacing it appears.

2 months later
#11693 7 months ago

You can go to the Stern website to download a manual. Click on model of your Munsters machine to view settings / adjustments.

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-manuals/

5 months later
#11809 55 days ago

This is what you are looking for: Stern Pinball Service Kit Munsters Plastic #19 Black & White #502-7096-01

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=oldpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.