P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

692 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mk6pin. You are on page 1 of 3.
#41 5 years ago

In the Club w LE on order here....excited!!!!

#54 5 years ago

Just saw LE count go to 600, and watched some of the instructional clips. Very, very excited to get this one, and the extra 100 games just mean more can grab one...(I drained all the speculation, other threads, hoping this one turned out to be the Club thread when machines started getting delivered...)

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

LE to 600? Has that been officially announced? I’m happy for those extra hundred lucky folks, but disappointed in Stern. It kinda dilutes the scarcity and value for the first 500 LE owners.

It's on the site, so suppose it is so. Definitely surprised they did it, but suspect they underestimated the appeal. More upsetting that podcasters get this sort of info before people w $$$ on the line. I'd be pissed if I was a distributor, as I sold one thing, then it changed. Pinball biz is just an oddity...

In the grand scheme, I'm sure a fair share go overseas, and I can see thousands of these things selling. ( all 3 versions total).

Over time, 600 is not a big # for a great machine. Hope they stick to the February ship date, as I'm paid and ready to play!!!

#61 5 years ago

Thanks for the additional pics...This game is truly gorgeous!!!

#80 5 years ago

I'm ready for unboxing pics/ end user feedback very soon!!!....

#89 5 years ago

That's why I drained the hype thread.....I'm super excited for my LE, and the game is going to be great!!!!

In typical PS fashion, any NIB is going to get destroyed in the threads until people get tired of doing it...I engaged heavily in the BM66 negativity threads, then thankfully, TigerLaw started a Club thread, and things eventually calmed. Hoping this will become the Club Thread, or one like it, where owners can show unboxing, more gameplay, and dive deeper into the good and bad of the game in a positive/ productive manner......BRING ON MUNSTERS!!!!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep a lot of new stern pins get hammered but munsters actually isn't that bad overall and it's really down to just nitpicking at this point imo.... especially compared to other pins released in the past. Looking fwd to everyone getting this throwback beauty

Big time...and really don't believe this game deserves it...some definite attempts to make a great pin here...can't wait!!! ( though we have to)

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Super stoked for this game and this thread - nice to pop over here and get a pick me up and stay in the frame of mind I should be in - excited - waiting for this game!

Ditto...Congrats!!!

#115 5 years ago

Mere weeks away!!!!!

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Short answer is both.
If only one..struggle for me, I go back and forth on this. Monsterbash proven for me, I know what I'm getting. Falling in love by the day with Munsters since I happen to collect Munster stuff.I really didn't want both..but the wife was totally on board for 2. So, I said ok it's your fault then...I feel better now

Too funny!!! Congrats....Win/win

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Munsters or MBR though?

Wonder if this same question is pondered in the MBr thread?

#125 5 years ago

When are the Pros getting delivered stateside? Anxious to see unboxings, gameplay, etc. on these. This week?

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Thanks!
41 plus years..Awesome Gal
She let me get monster mansion slot machine...(distant cousin to the mbr LE) been a crazy time lately.

Wow!!!! refreshing to read great stories like this on here...Thank you!!!!

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everyone,
Last night, I get my Pro
Wooooooow it's a beauty !
The sound is amazing !
The game is fun ! very very very very....
All the family enjoy it last night (3, 6, 8, and the parents).
The shaker is good.
The bad :
I have some airball (it seems to be the ball)
If you don't like the music theme, it will be difficult to enjoy every game (but me, i like it ) [quoted image]

Sweet!!! Congrats...

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

8 months ago many of us asked for the lower playfield and now that we have it I’m very happy about that, nice touch IMO.
....(Btw, the PRO it is indeed a beauty in all aspects.)

But wait...Someone said the game is boring..We must all bail now... quickly ( not)

And yes, the pro looks awesome, but cannot wait for LE...Mini play field multiball? The tragedy

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Welcome to Pinside... lol Sadly 90% of the people with an opinion have yet to play it. I am looking forward to it personally.

Agreed...It's just common practice on here. Things won't settle on this title for awhile, until there are #s of all models out there and we can share our personal opinions after playing it extensively.Even then, it usually takes another new title being announced to clear out the Club thread.

The LE is gorgeous, and can't wait for the mini play field personally ( appears to have more to do than anyone I've seen recently). Maybe because I genuinely like the mini play field in FGY...just me...but wait..it's " just me" that bought it...Excited...

All 3 models look great

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don’t worry about it. People who complain without playing or without reason are bashing. The others are offering their opinion which may or may not match your own and that’s fine. With three very different models, it’s unlikely everyone would like them all. But at the end of the day the only opinion that should matter is yours.

Spot on....Careful with that common sense stuff though, remember you're on pinside

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Just got word a bit ago that my Pro should ship out tomorrow or Monday. Can’t wait!

Great news!!! LE's can't be too far behind....machine is beautiful...super congrats!!!

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Crazy question as I don't have the game yet but is there any chance you downloaded the update for a Premium or LE instead of the Pro? My guess is that code would be searching for options not available on your Pro?

I only see PRO code update currently...?

#330 5 years ago

So they just posted .91 code update for Pro only......guessing the LE's and Prem's will have this latest version already installed (really hope no machines left Chicago on a semi-truck today watching the weather.)...yikes!!!!

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

New munsters code just dropped.... sweet. There's a secret mania mode and also a midnight madness mode. Lots of stuff added and fixed also . You can also see lots of add on and fixes in the readme from the prior .90 update also. Looks like some good things happening with munsters. Cant wait to get mine.

beat me to it...

I really think this is going to be a great machine....very excited!!!

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from Scrappy01:

Just got a chance to put 20 plays on a pro at a local barcade, and it is Fing Awesome. I love everything about it, the theme, the Animations, the music, that killer left ramp, call outs are great, Skill shot is good, I like the spot bash toy, I am totally fine with the Lilly bar, it's a bad ass game.
Got to Munster madness, It's a fun game and would buy it for sure.
[quoted image]

great to hear!!!...officially dying for my LE now....

#364 5 years ago

Did they say February for LE's, or am I just hopeful? Haven't called my distro yet....just curious if anyone else has...

#408 5 years ago

Almost ordered a sheet of PDI for my LE, then realized it comes with Sterns anti-glare glass......anxious to see (or not see) it, as the reviews have been positive as I recall.

I think the LE is going to be even more stunning in person....and I cannot wait to dive into the lower pf stuff..tomorrow Feb1....calling my rep!!!

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Just sent out my balance on a LE so I guess officially i am in.BOOM
Wavered here and there because of the crazy amount of opinions I personally had never seen anything like it but ultimately i love the theme,the art,all the streaming I’ve seen of it .
A pinsider on here really helped put it over the top with his review of the game.
Also I really believe they will polish and add to this game
I am not out money since I sold a couple to buy it.
I couldn’t be more excited I’ve skipped over so many titles waiting for this game.

Super congrats!! think this one is going to deliver..big time....

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Shakers are always a must imo..

Agreed, and come w LE, so surely the machine can handle it...My BM66LE is spike w shaker and does fine

#434 5 years ago

My distro estimated 2-3 weeks for LE's to start showing, fwiw...

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Because they feel the need to Sell it that their opinion/view is the Only answer sadly. My view, don't like it state your reason if you like and move on to the next game. Like it, share what your looking forward to or provide Support or input for others that are looking to enjoy it! To make someone feel wrong for their decision just seems foolish and a bit childish in my view.

Agree, and sadly has become a trend on pinside for some time now....I drained it awhile back. Looks like this club thread is picking up steam, and probably the best "home" for Munsters posts, imho.

Doesn't mean it's all positive and won't get trolled now and then, but generally, club threads stay on the tracks. The imposition of guilt or ignorance because you like the game, are rich, or whatever typically lives in the other threads.

Bumpy at the beginning, but always calms after the "next new shiney to bash" comes out.....

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

LE getting shipped next Friday!!!

Yes!!!

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

For those that might have missed the proto casting shots. The place installs on your stock shooter housing.
This is our shooter plate coming up at the end of Feb. We are shading the colors a bit.
Is there any requests for a black and white version (gold accents would be changed to chrome and colors in gray scale).
This is a full metal cast with commercial grade finish like our other mods. Price will be under $30.
Hookedonpinball.com[quoted image][quoted image]

Stunning!!!!

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

If you have this pin you already know u cant see spot I changed that today
[quoted image]

SWEET!!! I just can't wait for this thing ( but of course, I have to)....just a bit longer hopefully

#522 5 years ago

Just watched again....I get how some don't dig mini or lower pf, but man does this one look amazing!!! Think it's going to be hard as hell just navigating 2 sets of flipper buttons!!!!

#534 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Seems like more and more players are enjoying the game because for lack of a better word, it’s just FUN.
They’re not counting the number of coils the pin has- (for those that drained the hype thread, the lack of coils is the new topic at hand now that the naysayers are done bashing the simple code, large target banks and ofcourse that Stern is ‘cheapening’ out again).
Man, it’s like there’s an incessant need to bash this pin or Stern as a whole.
Yep, I know I’m repeating myself, but isn’t it more satisfying to look for the positives rather than the negatives?
This has become another one of those polarizing releases, not unlike a number of previous Stern titles. Rinse and repeat.
Anyway, congrats to those who have received their game, have fun!

Actually, there are quite a few on here that enjoy pointing out the negative rather than the positive (regardless if it's actually true or not). A sort of self-justification, and can be both sad and extremely annoying at times. This will not change or diminish (as previously mentioned) until there is the "next".

Ignore it (hard at times), play, and buy what you like. I put my head on my own pillow, and never lose a wink over repetitive garbage that's posted in some of these threads. Don't let it bug you....

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Sneak peek of what arrived today at about 5PM,moving it into house now !!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!! 1 day closer to my LE....way excited to see all these Pro unboxings and positive reviews..Munstermania!!!!

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just add a few spotlights if you need extra lighting.. much cheaper and won't take away from the great lightshow

+ 1000!!! and no "rainbow on the ramps"...the game is beautiful....don't do it.....

#632 5 years ago

So a lonely space sits as TZ is in the hands of the master known as @HEP.....Wonder what might fill this spot as the game room prepares for a reset ( hint...Clock)

IMG_20190209_191453726 (resized).jpgIMG_20190209_191453726 (resized).jpg
#641 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

WOW! As a TZ fan who has had my eye on the market for adding one to my collection, I have an appreciation for you elevating your game's quality to the highest level Mark ... that TZ is going to look SO COOL when Chris is finished with it!

Very, very excited to get this done...She has a special story behind it , like my TAF ( personal, so I generally don't post that stuff). Chris did my TAF awhile back, and can now bring my TZ to that level.

It will have a great spot as I rearrange, and how cool will it be to have MunstersLE under the entry stairs!!!

Thanks for the kind words...mark

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That Munsters clock looks awesome!

Thanks, and way better in person..They did a great job w detail ( Bradford Exchange...other Pinsiders grabbed one and posted early in the speculation thread)...Only must have mod for me until I actually get my hands on the LE..

#688 5 years ago

I really hope,with the code being in it’s infancy,that it develops enough for you.
For me I believe it will I am not concerned.
That sucks man it will get better hopefully it will be enough for you.
I felt the same way when Star Wars came out and I picked it up right away.
With the lower playfield in the LE I think that will give me more entertainment as these things develop

Agree completely....I was in on BM66LE at launch, and code was lacking, to say the least. It's turned out to be so deep now, w so many ways to play...a real gem.

While not Lyman, quite convinced Munsters will follow a similar path...code drops are always like a new game for me, so I don't mind the process...

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Heard that my LE is now expected late Feb early March.. So I wonder if mine just did not make the first shipment, or if the news of them shipping this week was just inaccurate.. Anyone else get updates on ETA for theirs ?

Mine ships as early as tomorrow, no later than next week...Automated

#768 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Just got to play an LE, at Helicon Brewery, and it's stunning!
Managed the 2 balls - 1 magnet trick.

Yes, yes!!!..this is gonna be good.......

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Just got to play an LE, at Helicon Brewery, and it's stunning!
Managed the 2 balls - 1 magnet trick.

More input please...the suspense is killing me

#817 5 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Did your LE end up shipping?

Not sure...got a phone call today, but couldn't get to it (no vm)....I work alot, so didn't get a chance to return the call. Not sweating it...I know I'm in the first batch that they get, and she had said "as early as Friday or next week"....haven't let me down yet....

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

They told me that too last week, but when I called today to check status was told now it could be another two weeks. Something about Stern made a mistake on available LE's ready to ship. Didn't really understand the explanation she gave me.

Again....not sure, but zero worries on my end...."soon" works for me...bought several NIB from them.....

#827 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not for you Sky, you are on the excessive Stern whiner list.

I'm actually amazed w the amount of Pros out there already, this is really the only reported "issue" to date. Can't think of any other NIB ( from any manufacturer) that didn't have several bugs out of the gate...encouraging, for sure...

#844 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I feel i at least need few months or a few hundred plays to learn/understand a pin. I hated hobbit, woz, bsd, wh20 and many others at first but they have now become some of my all time favorites. Guess everyone is different tho and no one will love every pin.

Spot on....

#850 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I too am not a fan of Figure Head Shooter rods...what you show is certainly more to my liking...I am no mod designer but what this game needs, given its theme is a Mini-Plasma Ball Shooter Rod.

I put the rgb lit shooter rods on all my games..only available through CT to my knowledge..look great, and consistent feel...Greg( mindorbits) used to make them years ago and were the best...Plasma would look sick!!!

#858 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I only have one, it's on my CV...I didn't know you could still get them, thanks for the tip...I will check out CT.

https://cointaker.com/products/led-lit-shooter-rods

only place that still has them. These are not Greg's (don't exist anymore), but these work great....highly addictive mod....

#870 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Oh...forgot to mention, the game looks a lot brighter than the pro with the lower playfield in there. That’s not to take away anything from the gameplay of the pro...it’s just to to address the complaints of the game being too dark
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous game...Congrats!!! I gotta check on mine today...super anxious now!!!

#898 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Exciting day and happy to share first pics of Munsters LE #122.
I was also fortunate to have my BM66 Premium delivered at the same time.
Both are very fun titles.
For Munsters LE, the pin plays extremely fast and very smoothly. All shots flow seamlessly on my example with no shooter lane issues nor disruptions from the mini PF.
Theme integration is spot on- lcd clips, music, callouts and sounds are all terrific.
Colour changing led light show is perfect and the LE is not dark through the middle of the game due to the mini pf having some really nice ambient lighting.
The ramps and loops are amazing. All shots are easy to hit with little to no clunk.
The mirrored backglass is very sharp and the cabinet looks attractive overall.
In person, I don’t find the lockdown bar and rails to look quite as mismatched as they show in photos. I actually had to point it out to my family or they wouldn’t have noticed.
The lower pf is fun but does have a bit of a novelty factor to it.
However, what is neat about the mini pf is the variety of shots: 2 orbits, vuk, middle bash toy, right ramp and chance for a 2 ball multiball.
It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s better than I expected and will take some practice to master it.
The next most divisive element of this pin is gong to be the code.
There is no doubt the ruleset as it stands now is fairly shallow.
The game is also quite easy and thus good players may get to Munster Bash quite regularly.
I’m hoping that Dwight adds some polish and depth; but if the game is truly mostly coded: I’m not sure this is the ideal pin for highly skilled players nor those who have either a small game set-up or don’t absolutely love The Munster’s.
In my collection of games, I have a mix of some deeper games (like Maiden, DI and newly arrived BM66 and some on the shallower side like Deadpool, MB and TAFG).
My family and I enjoy a variety of gameplay and The Munsters will be a fun game to flip. Only time will tell if it has longer term appeal.
Pics attached below. I have to stagger my pins due to space restrictions which is why they appear different in size. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super congrats....MunstersLE and BM66 Premium in one day? Wow!!!! Doubt you'll be posting for awhile....Exciting pinball times for sure!!!

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

#222 shipping to Bay Area CA ! Looking forward to setting up the game. Just need Stern to announce the topper !!!

Mine on the dock today!!!..be with you guys in the LE club shortly.....keep the pics and first impressions coming!!!

Added over 5 years ago:

got tracking last night..scheduled to be at my door Tuesday!!

#909 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Question for those who have reached Munster Madness:
I reached Munster Madness once tonight on my LE.
When the mode started, I only had a multiball on the top pf and no multiball in the mini pf going at the same time. I never actually got the lower pf running at the same time.
Are both multiballs supposed to be running simultaneosly during the start of Munster Madness or do you need to activate the lower pf mutuball with a series of shots on the main pf?
Game is fun and fast!

can't even imagine how I'm going to navigate (2x) flipper buttons per side, w both upper and lower playfields going......panic setting in!!!

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I couldn't wait till Monday, called the terminal and picked up mine yesterday. #131, now if I could just add a number 3 to the end of the tag. Gold legs look like crap. Glad I had an extra set if luci legs laying around.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!!! Still can't get over the early proto pics showing legs and coin door in what looked like brass. Suspect that's the route I'll take on this one...gotta see it first though...hurry Tuesday!!!!

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Know how you feel granted thats the danger in putting too much trust in leaked prototype images. Would be a different story if they ran to a show to unveil and change the production later. Still looks great though!

No doubt...I'll have to see if I really hate the gold first, of course.... Beautiful machine, regardless

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:The hate that this game gets is laughable it just came out

It's pinside...Nothing out of the ordinary..

#1016 5 years ago

LE arrives between 9 and 3 tomorrow......I can then bash it accordingly, selling in a week....NOT!!!!....too much love early on, hate had to come

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally everyone is allowed their own opinion. So I'll offer mine Munsters Pro is one of the worst games Stern has ever made PERIOD!
People bash on the Beatles but if you love the Beatles and you're not a huge pinball fan there is nothing to hate about that game. The Beatles looks retro, really delivered theming wise to any real Beatles fan. That pinball looks amazing, graphics are outstanding, as for a game its boring yeah its boring. But honestly I think Stern was going for a different market therefore the game is great. It is easy to play, themed awesome, and focuses on the young Beatles with a really cool retro feel.
Munsters on the other hand is a pinball game, there aren't Munsters fans who will pay 8k for a 5k game much less 25k again for a 5k game.
Munsters is BORING. There is nothing unique here just more of the same borrow from other games they've recently done.
I'm okay with it for Beatles but not okay for Munsters.
With all the cool licenses Stern has why even do Munsters? Maybe because they tried to rain on the parade of Monster Bash. Monster Bash LE is a HOME RUN 10 out of 10, Munsters at best is a 5 out of 10.
I haven't seen the LE yet but once I do I can leave a different review. Hoping the lower playfield ads more fun into an otherwise boring game.

Wait...I'm not sure I get your point....well, at least you've given your opinion and can go enjoy your other pins, getting out of this boring club..

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think the LE will look awesome next to Batman!

I've actually been rearranging the pins this evening.....got a great place for it....will post pics when I get it setup...

#1022 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Looking forward to my LE delivery (whenever that will be, but I’ve been thinking about the threads re: depth of code.
Is it possible that this game, because of its theme, was expected by the community to be the next Batman 66 (deep, mode-based play), but in reality it’s really a themed response from Stern to TNA (challenging score-based play)?
Looking at it From that perspective, it all starts to make more sense.

BM66 will be itself, and so will Munsters...variety = balanced lineup and fun!!!

#1024 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Can't even imagine how cool that would look....

I give it to you kidchrisso .....looks amazing!! our tastes are very similar w some of our pins...that lower pf glows even in the pics!!!

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

And everyone is entitled to their opinion without getting bashed on by a bunch of idiots.

No idiot here, nor many that have asked you to stop already....Glad you have a haunted whatever....Doesn't mean a rats ass to me, and I'll make my own opinion about the game...

You've stated yours....Move on please....Good grief

#1073 5 years ago

In the house!!!

IMG_20190226_150025548 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_150025548 (resized).jpg
#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Rip that puppy open!

Back home by 6pm...count on it!!!!

#1089 5 years ago

Munsters 53 good to go!!! Game is beyond beautiful, and the minipf is very fun... no lack of lighting on this one...Only in 5 games, but flows really well, screen clips are great...No negatives at all to this point ( except the forgot to include the minipf balls...My fgy saved the day and took one for the team ( always have a backup)

Game is going under the stairs..A perfect fit, but ran out of gas and didn't want to scratch it, so set it up in another open spot to play for now...A few pics from my phone, and I'll give a deeper dive after its in place and I get time on it...Those that ordered will not regret this one!!!

IMG_20190226_184839242 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_184839242 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_184923261 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_184923261 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_185808659 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_185808659 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_190435925 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_190435925 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_191623605 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_191623605 (resized).jpg
#1091 5 years ago

More

IMG_20190226_191646136 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_191646136 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_195544351 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_195544351 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_202128933 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_202128933 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_201312940 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_201312940 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_191629815 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_191629815 (resized).jpg
#1094 5 years ago

In it's proper place

IMG_20190226_205549340 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_205549340 (resized).jpg
#1095 5 years ago

The game has a lot going for it!!!

Will now rest and then play for a bit...Initial take... couldn't be happier!!

IMG_20190226_205737877 (resized).jpgIMG_20190226_205737877 (resized).jpg
#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

MK6PIN. Can you tell me how wo get playfied to the vertical position.... my 1st Pin...and I am nervous....

@1956PINHEAD covered it...lower playfield balls are loaded by removing 2 screws for lower trough, putting the balls in, then putting the trough back in...they pretty much stay put, even when you lift the hood....

As w any game w blade art, just be really careful to pull and lift the playfield straight (not pulling one side more than the other), as it can get a bit sideways and scratch the art. This machine appears to have plenty of room, but some don't...enjoy!!!

#1131 5 years ago

Anybody else have this? Looks like X marks the spot

Yikes...No...

#1154 5 years ago

Digging this game!!! a few things so far:

a) You can set ball save in menu....pretty funny clip that goes with it
b) Spot under the stairs does light and flash when you get to him
c) Grandpa's basement mystery provides many options that translate to main playfield...the multiball and shots down there are definitely "pinball like"..a great "game in the game". haven't got upper and lower working simultaneously yet....but sure it's in there (I'm an average player at best.
d) orbit can be lightning fast, and ramp shots are super smooth, also can create pace.
e) The attract video can be set to once an hour....trip down memory lane!!!!
f) not having individual targets doesn't phase me on this one...no worrying about splints to keep things straight (?) sort of cool
g) machine can be a drain monster at times on the outlanes...

I know I'll be in honeymoon phase for a while, but it does seem they took their time and made a gorgeous, well laid out machine here...back at it!!!

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I like no ball save as it really makes you think about which skill shot to go for. Yes the game can be super fast and missed shots usually end up in one of the outlanes.

Agreed...just nice to know it's there.....spot coming up during attract mode scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it (was leaning over pf looking at all the stuff and bam)...funny stuff....

#1202 5 years ago

You can just Chas in support. They are very responsive. Did you register your game yet? Make sure to do so, and they will definitely replace any defective parts, along with providing help.....

#1207 5 years ago

a quick note before I hit the gameroom...I've got PDI in all my machines (yes, I can definitely see the difference over standard glass) except WOZ, which I kept the original invisiglass (close, but not as nice as the PDI)

This is my first experience w Stern's version and must say I'm impressed. nice coating and for my eyes, looks as good as the PDI (for less $$$)....another great feature of the LE and saved me $375.00.

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Not sure what everyone is using for flipper rubbers; but in changing from superbands to titans, I found I had considerably better ball control. Seems to make a noticeable difference on this pin as it’s so damn fast.
Looking forward to putting some serious time on the game this weekend.

yep...I'll be doing titans, along with a few things.....just enjoying getting the feel of the machine currently.....for those talking about reducing the strobing effect, I think the game, in general, has a very aggressive light show...a nice add for me, as several of my other favorite games have minimum "in your face" type lighting (i.e. - recent game, BM66LE, amazing in its own way, but very little in the flash dept.). So far, MunstersLE brings what I expected and more as is. Will only get better as code matures....

I really, really like the lower playfield...adds alot to the game, imho...been playing the hell out of it last 2 evenings...a blast!!!

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

MK you have got to have the best private collection I’ve ever seen. Would love to live near you....

Thanks @gamerRick...the pins definitely are an addiction. No better hobby for me...

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I love the light shows in Munsters... very aggressive and in your face with some crazy effects with the dual gi lighting.

Spot on bigd....Guess a " zap" button should have been a clue...

This game brings it in spades...Have to see how I survive on bourbon night ...Can't wait!!!

#1247 5 years ago

To each his own. The black or red legs are a nice variation on their own, but I still much prefer the original gold legs. A beautiful, unique, yet still tasteful, look from Stern for a change!

I'm w Tuna .....A lot of gold accents in the LE...a nice change for my lineup...Staying w gold on this one..

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Hmmm - I really like the red and black legs over the gold - but think I will roll with gold first. I like the black legs with the gold T molding - but usually like a different color than black for a Prem/LE. The red legs are nice but do not go as nice with the gold T molding so may try a different color there if I go red legs.
Nice to have a few choices that go well with the awesome cab!

If I change down the road it will be brass, w coin door to match.... for now I just like having a different color in the game room, and the gold(ish) looks fine...

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Machine looks amazing... Slowy coming together between Friday’s conf calls...
[quoted image]

Great #!!!

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Worked for me to turn off "Spot" in attract mode

Yea, turned spot off in attract as well....startling fun at first, then kinda cool, but decided the clank would get annoying after awhile.

great shot during gameplay, however....

#1291 5 years ago

I also have some dust under that glass I would like to clean if someone eventually figures how to take that thing off
Gonna check out Midnight Madness tonight!
Loving this game!!
Come home from work and it’s on.
The wife had been playing
It’s been a long time since that has happened.

Have a bit of dust as well...I'm sure I'll get inspired to start taking things apart, but have really just enjoyed playing the game to this point...massive fun.....

Great to hear your Wife is playing it...good times!!!

Tomorrow night is Bourbon and Munsters for me...game is very frenzied, fast and furious in current state, hopefully, seizure doesn't occur putting alcohol in the mix...

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Just use a can of air duster. With the straw.
Magicchiz

That was going to be my first stab at it..Did it work for you?

#1303 5 years ago

Midnight madness started on my game then the game died and restarted so I turned back the time and tried it again and the same thing happened
Game goes dead then says “restarting”
Anyone know what gives ?

Been there twice, and no resets. This game has to be pulling some major power at times ( from a Pinball perspective) and am confident the ps is going to be tested.

Side- I'd be real careful modding this one with extra lighting effects ( extra lighting? Shit, not this game) without an external power supply.

On a good note, there is so much packed into the game ( can only speak to the LE, as that's all I've seen), I just don't see anything needed on pf ( "sparse" and "MunstersLE" definitely an oxymoron imho).

#1330 5 years ago

Been on it for about 2 hours...got GC w 183k and some change....There is no machine w a mini pf that is more relevant and challenging that I've ever played...what a rush!!! You literally have to cradle and make shots down there to progress. I can see why Borg was so excited for this one....you have to really "play pinball" down there, as it has impact on the top, along w it's own jackpots, and multi-levels.....

Yes, Bourbon night, but can say w confidence that this is an absolutely amazing game!!! Wears you out, but I still keep pushing start. There is some polish to be had ( found a couple bugs), but as is, the machine is stupid fun and has a lot going for it.

The machine also feels very "solid"...hard to put my finger on it, but the build polish shows on this one, big time...

Wow, just wow!!!

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Unboxed 222 not a lot of plays yet but call outs are great. Game plays fast
Loving it. Oh yeah I prefer black legs !

Congrats, but I'll probably be in the minority to say I love the gold legs...matches the T-molding, speaker surrounds, and other elements to a tee!!

I've got some things coming that will make this LE "my own", and will post pics.....what a game!!

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ill be most likely upgrading to a premium or possibly a le in a month' or so. I really like the game and want the mini playfield now. Dam u

You must get it!!!! I swear it feels like this is the way Borg designed the thing.....I've never had to focus on a mini pf like this before....thing is deep as shit down there, then you get confused on which flipper buttons to push, and I haven't even got both PF's going at the same time!!!!

This thing is badass, bottom line.....

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats BigD, watch that JD stream for the secret to get to billions score. Good news is you have a lot yet to explore!

A billion!!! wtf...this thing will explode my head if I get anywhere near that....just so much going on...then the zap button starts on you..hit it, and blinding lights, while the whole thing is telling you you're running out of time.....adrenaline shot needed!!!

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/377440048
From Logan's, go to the end of the stream.

Not doing it yet...worn out from the prior round...time for a bit more Buffalo Trace!!!

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

It’s nice hearing you guys comment on how great this pin is.
I’m just waiting to get mine. Hopefully within the next two weeks.

You won't be disappointed!!!

#1375 5 years ago

Dragula ramp is recessed, so hard to believe it was a cost cutting move. Yes, my Tron is recessed, but my KISSLE is not. All games are launching fine (mine anyway). Have no idea to rhyme or reason....

#1377 5 years ago

so just went down my line, as I'm curious now...
BM66- no
IMVE- no
SM- no
KISSLE- no
WOZ- 2 small holes, and ramp edge bent down into them, so yes, I suppose.
TRONLE- yes
Nothing new to see here...all great shooters...

#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone else having trouble with the right ramp in the lower Playfield registering successful hits? Mines only registering about 10% of the time.

Mine registers consistently ( time add, w callout). The amount of time changes, depending on where you're at in the game, and in certain modes it's off. Center target to start MB also works fine, but man, a difficult shot to hit w pace at times.

Haven't got a ball stuck ( yet), but is pretty hectic down there during MB. As I mentioned earlier, you definitely have to "play it" down there, not just knock the balls around, to get through it.

This one is gonna take a lot of practice ( for me, anyway)

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Very nice, mine was pre-beveled as well!

Ditto

Side - Dam you, Lamp buyers!!!

IMG_20190304_182856386 (resized).jpgIMG_20190304_182856386 (resized).jpg

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Still waiting for a (hopefully soon) notification that my LE is ready to ship, but in the meantime my wife and I found an LE at a somewhat local location to play.
Notes after about a dozen games:
* With all the talk Dwight did about moving the fun closer to the plunger, I was expecting this game to be approachable. It is, but only kinda. While the shots are smooth, the game is *brutally* difficult at times (drains galore) and quite frequently unfair. They didn't make a Munsters version of Monster Bash. They made a Munsters version of TNA. I'm totally fine with that, but that's really how this game feels.
* It's very close to not being fun with no ball save enabled. I remember Dwight saying that the game was designed to not need it, but that's absolutely not my experience. Lots of disappointed faces after 2 second ball 1 times that wind up in the right outlane. I'll be turning ball save on as soon as it's set up. The game needs it.
* The. Right. Outlane. Is. Brutal.
* The ramps are gorgeous, and may be the smoothest I've ever shot. Awesome that they are so unique and both work exceptionally well.
* Lily/Dragula are fine. With the speed of this pin, standups would likely be overkill, and drop targets might slow the game down unnecessarily.
* The lower playfield is a fun addition, and I looked forward to the time spent there. Shots are makeable, and *just enough* is out of your control there to make it interesting.
* I *really* wish that there were a different cabinet option for this color playfield. The LE cabinet is fine, but it's my least favorite of the 3 (I would prefer a pro cabinet/art with this playfield).
Overall, it's an impressive machine and we're really looking forward to adding it to the collection!

Enable ball save when you get yours, then put about a dozen games on it in your home environment... You'll love it!!

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Just added Lermods custom cards and have been loving the purple titans (I think the colors all tie in nicely).
[quoted image]

Was thinking purple too...look great!!! I was getting my Titan order together for this one and noticed....wow, very, very few rubbers compared to my other games....I really like the overall approach, even the lower playfield is a solid build, imho.

Alot of good in this game...appreciate Stern "stepping it up" in this case...with some code polish, this thing stands on its own...

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

My distro is planning to put Super Bands on my LE
Would Titans be better?

Just personal choice...Titans feel more like rubber to me

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How long are you all setting the ball saves for? .... 30 sec lol? I really don't think it needs one if you play it safely. If you go for short plunge to left ramp or regular skill shot you sld be fine for 5-8 seconds. . Its when u go for the super skill on the fly that usually gets you quickly but that's the risk/reward part i love about the pin..... just like the zap and canceling out the supers while waiting on the multipliers.

Got mine set for 10 seconds....I go for super skill, and the thing is unforgiving if you miss..power right or left outlane drain....this machine lets you in just fine, but kills you quick if you're not careful...love it!!!

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

On the contrary. I greatly appreciate the reports. These are very expensive toys and it is a bummer when things are not correct. However I had an experience with my AFMrLE that changed my perspective. I asked to go in 2nd batch precisely for this reason - to let all the bugs and issues be thrashed out and corrected so when I got mine I would be golden - was my first NIB purchase. Well then I had the shooter launch issue. I was majorly bummed. Reported it to CGC and Doug gave me a call and said they had wrong spec shooter lane guides on a limited # of games, had worked out a solution with a corrected one and asked if I would be a tester (along with 4 other guys) as they want to make sure this cracked the problem. They sent me the guide, it fixed the issue and I gave some feedback on how the instructions could be improved a bit and a couple other things. Doug called me back and wanted to ensure he understood how the entire experience went (even had me rate it from 1-5 in 5 areas) and ensure he understood my suggestions. That was impressive. He said it is manufacturing and unfortunately these things happen but they were committed to making it right.
So although I was initially bummed I had the issue, afterword I felt awesome - I learned some new repair skills (I am an accountant and can handle some basic tools with instructions but no where near the level of so many on here- amazing), got my game fixed and most importantly felt like I was helping others that had/were going to have this issue to enable them to fix it. So any time I see the early detection and solutions I feel that is helping me and others out from that "damn it how can this not work on a brand new game" feeling. We all want these things working well and I believe the manufactures want the same thing and strive more the most part to accomplish that and will course correct when they can.

Spot on!!! Regardless of what is posted on the threads, there is NO machine that comes out NIB without issues of sorts at some point (all machines have issues, part of the journey). I've gotten great support from all 3 companies tech support when I just called and we worked through the issues. Some felt overwhelming, some minor (I'll leave the titles out).

I've learned a tremendous amount from fellow pinsiders, as well as the factory support guys as well. It's allowed me to do the second best thing to playing them...repairing, modding, and tweaking (actually enjoy this more than playing sometimes). A repetitive statement ....there is no better hobby for me..period...

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Thanks, I was hoping to find some sooner. I might have to wait.

I have PDI on all my games ( mentioned prior)...The Stern glass looks equal in comparison ( for my eyes), and less $$$.

Otherwise, maybe Joey saved a few sheets to sell out of this batch

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Trying out translucent glow green Titans... like them so far.
[quoted image]

Man...thinking these and black flipper bats are the choice for me....matching slings would be deadly....

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Ok LE owners, I would advise you do this and try it out. Earlier today I was playing my FG. When I started the Stewie upper pinball playfield, it felt so much better than the lower playfield on Munsters. The shots felt a lot closer to a normal pinball machine feel. Do yourself a favor, go into your settings and adjust the lower playfield flippers to "soft". It made a huge difference to me in feel and how it plays. The ball is not flying everywhere and your shots feel more controlled. The ramp will register everytime with out that ball feeling like it was launched from a cannon. I also adjusted my upper flippers to "soft" as well. Game play is so much better IMO. Just try it out and report back. I could not find an adjustment to the auto launch by hitting the zap button. I think that could use some dialing down as well. Let me know your thoughts....
Kidchrisso..Slap_Save_Podcast.

Thanks kidchrisso .....I've been enjoying the lower pf to date and ramp shots register pretty consistent, but anxious to give this setting a whirl.....serious stuff going on down there!!!

Love my FGY, btw, just another fun game...deeper than most realize....

#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

To me it just felt a little empty!
I like everything else about it .
I rather have a color machine.
I’m not bashing it by any means. I really was looking forward to it and was hoping the premium was going to be color so, that also throws my decision off!
As for seeing a premium or le in person? It will be highly unlikely at the places I go to so, I was trying to get more input because, I may have to wing it if I decide to go for a premium or LE .
It’s the theme that keeps drawing me in.
Huge Munsters fan!

you know the answer...

#1521 5 years ago

LE shipped w .91

#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Ok LE owners, I would advise you do this and try it out. Earlier today I was playing my FG. When I started the Stewie upper pinball playfield, it felt so much better than the lower playfield on Munsters. The shots felt a lot closer to a normal pinball machine feel. Do yourself a favor, go into your settings and adjust the lower playfield flippers to "soft". It made a huge difference to me in feel and how it plays. The ball is not flying everywhere and your shots feel more controlled. The ramp will register everytime with out that ball feeling like it was launched from a cannon. I also adjusted my upper flippers to "soft" as well. Game play is so much better IMO. Just try it out and report back. I could not find an adjustment to the auto launch by hitting the zap button. I think that could use some dialing down as well. Let me know your thoughts....
Kidchrisso..Slap_Save_Podcast.

Great tip!!! My uppers and lowers were set to "hard" , ended up w " normal" up top and "soft" on lower....gameplay much more under control now...love this thing!!! thanks again....mark

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Received our LE today. Haven’t had much time with it yet, but my buddy Baxter approves. It really is stunning.

Baxter is wise... a great Bud to have!!!

#1544 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Hi Baxter! Hermann says Hi
[quoted image]

Hermann?...and is that an empty cupcake wrapper next to him!!! He too, is wise......

#1573 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure if its bc my game is getting broken in or something else but over the last few days its been destroying me..I'm lucky to start a 3 ball herman mb. I can't get anything going and its not being very nice... but i kind of like it lol.

Glad I'm not alone....went from getting my name up on about everything the first bit....now, after 82 plays, thing is kicking my ass...I think hitting Spot is one of the most satisfying shots on a machine currently..pretty tight and the ball always seems to have pace when he pops up.....it's like the damn game is just going to explode or something....

#1582 5 years ago

Just took my window out today to get the dust and some ball marks off of it (anxious for my Titan order to arrive). Plastic is a great fit, and mine fits as close to flush as possible...doesn't alter ball path (yet). There are rubber washers under the screws, so you can kind of tweak it to get it perfect.

This machine compares very well w any NIB that I've bought or seen of late from a build standpoint..services rails coated, mini playfield is a serious mech, plywood bottom...a very solid machine....pleasantly surprised....

#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Musters not getting much love at the Stern Pro Circuit event today.

Haven't played the pro, but LE is amazing...it is a different approach from some other current Sterns I own or have played...I like it alot....fortunately, I'm not a pro...

#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

After owning a pro for a month I wouldn't pick it in competition. I hope that the lack of play it has gotten at the event makes stern take a serious look at the code and it's current state.

Fair enough....how's BM66 doing? Can tell you first hand that Munsters code out of the box smoked that one....quite a different story now...think new code is already in the pipe(?), but still having fun with it as is.....just me...

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah and right now this is happening. Lol.
[quoted image]

Exactly!!!..to each there own...too funny!!!

#1594 5 years ago

Being "on the circuit" completely irrelevant to certain aspects of a game's appeal or sustainability.....a few (cough) sold w under a week on it......whatever....

#1610 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you / someone describe flush?
(Think side profile). Should the plastic cover be level with the lower (B option) or higher (A option) part of the beveled edge
[quoted image]

Flush, in this meaning:

"Having surfaces in the same plane; even. "

Surface being play field. The rings allow for a minor deviation, but when I was done, I could put a straight edge that touched both the play field and plastic equally..."flat"....Does it stay that way? Time will tell. Both the plastic lens and play field edges around it are very consistent on my game....Suspect a ball, at slow pace, will roll differently over plastic than clear coat, regardless

#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s completely adjustable. Have you tried adjusting the screws? They have rubber bushings underneath so you can adjust the level.

Thank you...Heading to the bourbon thread to wind down after a fun evening of ( mostly) Munsters play...

#1616 5 years ago

Been taking a break with it with the Shadow

AlienLE always grabs me for a bit...

#1661 5 years ago

And the little things start:

IMG_20190310_183045790 (resized).jpgIMG_20190310_183045790 (resized).jpgIMG_20190310_183034446 (resized).jpgIMG_20190310_183034446 (resized).jpgIMG_20190310_183315145 (resized).jpgIMG_20190310_183315145 (resized).jpg
#1673 5 years ago

I finally got a chance to put some games in on a Munsters (LE) this past week and was somewhat disappointed with the lower playfield gameplay as the "balls" seem to be very lightweight beads. I can now better understand the comparisons by others to FG's Stewie playfield.

Same size ball as Stewie's, but a lot more going on down there...

It's actually quite playable and has legit method to the madness...Fits the overall "frenzied" approach on this pin...Just my opinion, but makes the game "whole". Could never get a full sized ball down there w so many options....Can't wait to get them both going together ( not sure if it's already in the code, but quite sure it will be)

A lot of possibilities w this one...Loving it!!!

#1674 5 years ago

Choice is a good thing...

#1676 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you get to the first Munster madness you use them both at the same time. The second go around, the lower playfield doesn’t activate. Not sure if that’s a bug or intentional.

I've been to the Madness 3 times...Might have missed it, as I swear there are several times that the machine is going into seizure mode, MM being one of them...I'll pay more attention next time ( If I can..)

Is the lower on a short timer during MM?

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well now I was playing beta code tonight so that may be the difference. It was active the entire MM level one.

A dog you are!!!... but super excited to see next code drop...Sweet!!!

#1680 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I turned off attract mode and now after the game sits every so often it sounds like a coil tries to engage. It sounds like maybe a flipper coil every few minutes or so. And the small score display the number 2 is dimmer then the rest of the numbers. Maybe a code error?

You sure you turned Spot off in attract ( think it's separate setting, as I recall) ?...Have no idea about the dim #

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can someone with an LE please confirm that their "spot" flasher works during game play. On the pro, it works in test mode, but isn't yet enabled in the code during game play. It should come on I believe when the spot ramp lifts and exposes spot.
Thx

It does....strobing white light

#1690 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I was able to play a few games on an LE and sadly had the exact reaction I feared I would have. The lower playfield felt like a cheap toy. Not trying to be rude, but that's exactly what it felt like to me. Sure it's got a lot more going on than Stewie pinball, but still has that same feel.
I'm glad others find it enjoyable but it cemented the fact that I'd personally never be interested in a Premium or LE.

Can respect you not liking it (doesn't feel "cheap" to me, just different)...I've always liked FGY, so this is just an enhanced deployment (learning to cradle and make shots down there is very challenging)...maybe a Pro (which I wouldn't like) or just "next" for you.....Pinball is a great toy......

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

I believe there is a bug in the code where 'Spot' still energizes every so often, even if turned off.
The number 2 in the display is dimmer than other digits because it is a simulated 'Nixie tube' display, that was in use many years ago. The Nixie tube digits were stacked one in front of another and the number 2 was at the back.
Maybe others will chime in if I am wrong.

Fortunately, the "Spot" bug doesn't exist in my LE.....once I figured out what was happening (heard the random coil fire as well early on), found the setting, turned it off, and he's been quiet since (except during the gameplay, of coarse) . I've not noticed the #2 , but will pay closer attention tonight....

#1702 5 years ago

New code....hooray!!!!

#1730 5 years ago

Code was a smooth load for me....some nice cleanups on speech front. Didn't get time to play too much, but always nice to start adding your initials back on the board.....a very fun game, getting better!!!

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Time to do some mods.....Spot needs to be seen !!!

I can see him fine, and the flash effect now works everytime he comes up. If I could only hit him w more consistency!!!

#1736 5 years ago

IF the topper is a clock with Raven that has interaction with the game that would be AMAZING pure joy

I'm a topper guy for sure...anxious to see this one....

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My problem is surviving the hit. Backhands seems to work well with an more controllable feed.

I'll try that..why I can't hit him from the right flipper is beyond me...tighter than it looks..this game is brutal w power drains if you miss anything, that's for sure

#1779 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Delivered tonight!
[quoted image]

Bam!!! I know you were anxious...enjoy!!! A great machine..have been playing mine all evening....

#1781 5 years ago

And I'm odd man out that likes the white flash from under Spot as is....now if his eyes were glowing red..

I've debated on lighting the back of the ramp, but all the factory lighting effects on the LE are pretty well done, imho....nothing has stuck out as a must add on pf lighting or toys yet. Anxious for a look at the topper however.....

Have my titans, waiting on a few other final finishing touch things, and will post some pics of how mine will live. Just a beautiful, fun game...

#1813 5 years ago
Quoted from west57:

Munster LE. Anyone else having issues with flying balls. I Love the game, but the design flaws with flying balls is draining too many balls.
Fun game, great game, worst game
Use left flippers and hit left post/light by Marilyn ramp. (off into the air)
Herman magnet strength (balls sticking to balls). Thats what he said.
Tried adjusting flippers, then it takes away from the game.
Flying balls broke Mezel Mods staircase mod.
Ball stuck in Hermans Arm
And more ......[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Steeper pitch, proper level (right to left), "normal" flipper power", avoiding 3d printed mods until you see how the game plays (these are all vulnerable to explosion...some games do fine w them, some don't). This is a beautiful game with heavy activity. "calm,relaxed, laid back, etc." would definitely not be terms to associate with this machine. Regardless how the code progresses, "aggressive, demanding, punishing" comes to mind when I fire this thing up....very addictive as a nice change from some of my others. Doesn't make it better or worse, but definitely has it's own vibe.

I'd get your setup solid, then proceed w caution to adding anything on this one for a bit.....

#1814 5 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I've read that some have changed their flipper settings on both upper and lower playfields to Soft.
I just changed the flipper power settings on my Pro to Normal ... I didn't realize the Factory setting was Hard.
Hopefully, that tones down some of the wild ball action. I'm draining balls left, right, and SDTM.

It does, however outlanes do seem to have magnets in them at times....

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am still having the occasional double ball feed. you can hear it try and feed a ball...then repeats and loads 2... not a huge deal... just an extra "multiball"....LOL. Only lose one SDTM....

Are you using the factory provided balls, or aftermarket? Herman holds the ball quite awhile...could be magnetizing a ball or 2 a bit (can happen quick sometimes). Common practice (for me) has been to throw the factory balls out, replace w Carbon Baron's (now that PBL doesn't have the shineys anymore...)

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I did ask them about making the shaker adjustable...they said that they had enough complaints to forward it up to look into making the shaker adjustable. (like low med max).
I turned mine off till / if that comes around. If anybody also feels that way I would suggest calling, maybe it will be in the next update that way.

Isn't there an adjustment already in there (though I saw one in the menu, mine was set to max and I left it)? I'll look tonight....

The effect definitely can be subtle, then cabinet rattling depending on what has been triggered. I'm still trying to keep all my senses engaged when I hit Spot..whew, powerful!!!

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

That is for how often it comes on..or how long is my understanding?
I asked "specifically" if there was a way to tone down the power (mine as others have mentioned) shakes so hard it can't be good..like I think I would see loose screws and nuts eventually. He said there is currently no way to do that...but, said he has enough complaints to address it up.
shaker options are:
Minimum use
moderate use
long use
maximum use
none
Mine shakes hard even for that minimum short use..just not as noticeable cause it doesn't last that long.but bad enough for me.
I'm thinking ..The setting "long use" should be a clue here on how it works.

Ahh...I don't mind (kinda like) the shake...kinda fits into the effect of certain shots.....electrocution......

#1840 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I don’t mind it MK. But my worry is it is so strong and so long it will shake multiple parts loose over time that otherwise wouldn’t

Makes sense....hopefully next code update addresses it if there has been enough concern....I've got a few others that are glass shakers....need to pay attention, as I certainly don't want to damage the machine.....think there are a few shaker threads on here..think I'll dig a few up and read effect vs. damage reports...

#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I only use the shakers on my GB and MET occasionally because of that very reason. It can and does happen.

Interesting....just looked at the "is shakers causing node board failures in spike games" thread, and the poll didn't really seem to clarify.

On one hand, it would make sense, on the other, so many games (thousands) have them, and they are a consistent upgrade for many. Seems if there was a real metric attached to failure, there would be a warning or something...

#1847 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah and I can see that people have already had some trouble with Spots’ pins popping out. I tried to check the tightness of mine last night and I can’t even really access where it’s installed without taking off other parts. So I’m really hoping that doesn’t come loose. I’d love to leave the Spot attract affect on just for the coolness of it but I turned it off because I’m worried about that part coming loose

Wait...I've only seen one post about that pin being found in the cabinet bottom, so very well could have been loose when it left factory.

Shaker doesn't work in attract mode...I turned him off in attract as the sound of the door became annoying after a bit....

Not really defending them, but have had one that shakes equally violent in my SM and IMVE for several years w no failures....I would completely get some that just don't like the effect, but not quite certain it leads to a guaranteed fail.

#1854 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

No I understand the shaker doesn’t work in the attract mode I probably wasn’t as clear as I should’ve been. I’m just nervous about that one part coming loose so I don’t want to use it more than I need to so I’m only having an active during the game. My point about the shaker is it doesn’t help that part or any other part I to really enjoy the effect so I don’t want to shut it off

That makes sense...I was able to get a screwdriver to one side of the pin, and it was snug (have around 100 plays so far). Getting to the other side is not going to happen without taking some other things apart, for sure. I agree with some other comments on here, that some loctite would be good on those screws (shaker or not). Stern has been notorious (unfortunately) to have loose screws, etc. in some early game runs...something to keep an eye on, for sure, until I eventually get in there....

side -Scott is a great guy, and has done an amazing job marketing his product....I can't unsee the "ramp rainbow effect" so won't ever be using on my machines (bought 2 sets early, converted to underglow, where they are amazing ( but obviously too expensive for that application). To each his own, however, and many love them....

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When you find a few screws and nuts etc laying in the bottom of your cabinet sometimes its really hard to figure out where they came from. Sometmes you can't find out where they came from at all lol.

Ha...agreed!!! Mine are usually from my last repair effort.. ....these things get shaken and banged a fair amount under normal usage, movement, etc.

I'll pop the top on many games that need a switch repair, and end up snugging multiple screws while I'm in there .

Anyway, anxious to shake my Munsters tomorrow evening, as I never made it to the game room tonight....

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Updated the code. Just played Midnight Madness - how cool!
On first ball when I hit a purple stand up it lights Grandpa's scoop and I can get to lower PF hitting scoop - I thought I had to hit all 4 purple stand ups and then another one to light the scoop for lower PF - which it does on successive tries after giving the "freebe" the first time- is this normal or an issue with my game?
Hit lower right ramp a bunch more times - no sounds or added time and reduced flipper power to soft so ball is not rocketing around. Do I just call Stern on this or any suggestions?

If this was a first ball, you may have triggered double skill shot ( you normally have to hold both left flippers, then launch, but maybe there's another way).

If so the lower pf only lights the mystery hole, everything else off, and you have to hit it in time to achieve the skill shot....

#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Finally had a chance to play the updated code. Sure, there may be a couple of bugs that will get worked out (i.e., the ball trough not recognizing drains as it did previously) but it’s a great step forward on the LE! Munster madness is a ton of fun with both playfields running at the same time. I had no time to aim for anything or even look for anything, and it was madness! The scoring seems a bit more balanced and slightly more restricted, but the rules seem pretty close to the same. It’s nice to see that Herman Multiball isn’t just a gift right off the bat anymore. I’m really loving the music choices too. It’s certainly got that “one more game” feel for me...especially with how brutal some games can go. I really hate how quickly bedtime approaches when I’m playing this game!

Can't wait to get more time on it tonight... Completely agree!!!!

#1893 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Very unhappy people apparently.. i guess they are so unhappy in their lives that it makes them feel just a little bit better hating on a toy pin lol.

I just saw the thread, left a couple posts, then left it, period. Pathetic justification at its finest ( " I don't like it, so you're an idiot if you do").. ridiculous

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I may not like or care for a particular game...but, I wouldn't feel the need to start a thread saying so. You can give your reasons in existing threads, but when you start a thread like that you know you are up to no good...but, just don't care.

This^^^^...Sadly becoming more commonplace on here..

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Let them commiserate together lol. Those of us that love it will form the other side. Eventually I guess we will have a Braveheart battle akin to Sterling and that will finally settle it...

Funny stuff!!!

#1946 5 years ago

Finishing touches and setup done...Love the "mustard gold" contrast w vacuum gold coin bezels.

Went with glow Titans for flipper and sling, other rubbers, purple posts and bumpers upper and lower, changed that bats to black...

Machine is done, and plays as great as it looks. No way I could be happier w this one

IMG_20190314_200232298 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_200232298 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_200610169 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_200610169 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_200624999 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_200624999 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_213146295 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_213146295 (resized).jpg
#1947 5 years ago

And last few

IMG_20190314_195437628 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_195437628 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_195424153 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_195424153 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_200006015 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_200006015 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_195453633 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_195453633 (resized).jpg
#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kick ass Mark!
I don’t know if you are a topper guy but it’s looks awesome for Munsters

You know I am Doug, and can't wait to see this one!!! Big problem is it's not going to fit under the stairs....time to call my carpenter!!!!

#1952 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's a beautiful /gorgeous pin...

Thanks @bigd!!..came together nice.....had a bit more time under the hood...this is a quality build, and they paid attention to little things....Stern gets major props from me on this one...

#1955 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

MK that looks cool. How hard is it to get that lower PF cover off and back on without stripping the screws or wood? Like your changes.

Pretty straight ahead...Torx T10..threaded screws, not wood screws, so a legit attachment method ...the key things:

a) Loosen them all equally, and be certain not to lose the rubber retaining ring under each one (used for final level).
b) Be super careful when you clean it...try to blow any dust or dirt off before putting a cloth on it. A big piece of clear plastic, so ball marks will show (that's why I was happy to finally get the titans on), and so will swirl marks when you clean both sides. I put 2 very minor ones in mine when I cleaned it. Hard to see, but learned my lesson....
c) When putting back in, tighten all screws snug, then insure all edges are flush , with a slight turn, compressing the washers. I simply laid a straight edge on it to confirm everything was good.
d) The biggest time suck is cleaning the window proper

whole process - <20 minutes (mostly cleaning, as I didn't want to take it back off if smudged..ocd here).

#1962 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It does seem.to be built really well compared to other spike pins I've owned /seen...

That's a theory I have as to why the shaker feels very strong on this game ( don't know if I'm right or not). I just know hard solid surfaces transmit vibrations much better than "softer" ones. The plywood bottom, side metal bracing , and all the glued joints /braces just seem very, very tight and strong.

Maybe they took a different cabinet build approach. Can certainly say w confidence the bottom is not dropping out of this one....ever.

#1979 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Thanks no issues. I ordered the Munsters titan kit but this is what they sent. Anyone have the link to the correct ones for the mini playfield bats? Top is the existing one, bottom ones are too thick.
[quoted image]

Not sure they sell mini bat rubber....could be wrong...

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

According to Stern, the mini playfield flipper rubber is the same part number 545-6187-00 as Shrek and Family Guy mini playfield flipper rubber. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, it would finally be time to tool up and have these made. We won't be able to carry all colors, but we can start with 3 or 4 choices like maybe black, glow, purple, red? Or maybe Green or dark blue instead of red? I must keep FG and Shrek in mind too...

I can't confirm, but would definitely be in for purple on Munsters, and blue on FGY...I'd be willing to stick on an order next week w some others I missed, if you have these to try...Pm if needed...Thx...mark

#1997 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am assuming everyone is saying option (B).
Both are level with the playfield - the difference is should you be level with the playfield like a 1/4 plus inch away from the wood beveled edge. You definitely can feel the plastic edge when running your finger over it doing it this way.

I'm concerned that your wood has a serious bevel, or something is off w the plastic (I know you inquired before). I've taken mine off (2x) now, and the wood edge is actually pretty sharp, and now where near 1/4" gap between it and the plastic..a very snug fit.

Can you take a pic w the glass off (think you did prior but I can't see it clearly) showing the gap? worrisome....

#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question- if you run your finger across the plastic / wood edge is it smooth AND can you feel height difference at the bevel. If this is what you have - you did Option A above.

I did it quite extensively on several sides (paranoia,I guess)...I can't feel the bevel at all when plastic is flat to playfield.....can feel the line where the 2 meet, but my wood doesn't bevel "down"to any type of noticeable degree.. the line is very crisp, extremely tight....plastic doesn't even fit if I don't put in in square...the tolerance you are describing simply doesn't exist in mine....weird...definitely post when you hear from the factory...

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Definitely experienced a scoring glitch on my Pro.
I was having my best game ever 143+million or so when I activated MM ... I began flailing shots everywhere, slapping the zap button, hitting ramps, Dragula, you name it.
I glance up to see an insane score of 986+million, moments later I drain out, look up and see a score of only 3.5 million.
Over my next couple balls I get to MM level 2, flail away again, and finish up my game.
The pin congratulates me as GC and shows my score ... 1 billion, 145+million. I had turned the game over! It's a pinball miracle!
Actually, it has to be a scoring malfunction.
I'm a pretty crappy pinball player, who sets my pins for 5 balls, and my previous high score on Munsters was only 73 million.
Has anyone else had a strange scoring game on The Munsters? I would love to think I had the game of my life, but I have to be realistic ... or do I? [quoted image]

I'd just save that score, somehow...game has been kicking my ass tonight!!! Absolute blast to play...Borg and team definitely have a winner here... I can see why he was excited about it....that mini playfield is for real!!!!

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

My plastic fits the playfield hole very tight - which is good. See my question to Chuckwurt - same question for you..thx

My mind tells me there has to be a slight bevel down to minimize pf damage....when I finished my setup last night (I'm playing now), I could slide my figer across the plane, could feel a "line" but not a bevel dip. Actually took a ball and tried to track it slowly around the seam. If I went really slow, it could track for about a couple inches, but then just roll down.

I've only got (2x) other games to compare, CFTBL, and ALIENLE. Creech has a subtle bevel, but still tracks well..Alien is absolutely square (scary), but have it absolutely flat, w no damage after hundreds of plays.

Believe my Munsters is pretty glass-like, and I should be ok...the "line" around the plastic is less than pencil lead width, and ball glides over (I've been watching heavily tonight, but confess, it's Bourbon night...)

#2023 5 years ago

And finishing my evening of Saturday PB....can only say...those that have been bashing this game are simply wrong!!!!...a very, very fun time....great machine....

#2048 5 years ago

I can say w 100% confidence that the mini play field is absolutely one of the most unique features on any game I've played to date.

That "toy" alone blows away alot of other gimmicky things I've seen and played, across the manufacturer platform. It's no joke, and if anything, will only get better.

Upper, lower pf's have always been an "add", with some titles doing better than others. Those that don't truly give it a chance, or overlook the further opportunity w code are making a big mistake (imho).

If you are wanting something definitely different, with some great art and flow, it delivers...

#2090 5 years ago

@drfrightner - sorry to hear of the probs...I'd be reaching to my Distro pronto....

Stern PF's are notorious for being able to be pulled off the slides....learned my lesson w my TSPP years ago..a fix for that would be great.

Actually had my plastic off and tried wedging balls in lower pf.....while I'm sure it's possible...mine's been very good so far (zero sticks)

Not sure what you mean by "shooter case being screwed on drastically twisted"? Are you speaking to the main shooter rod housing (main pf)? Can't get that one in my head....

regardless, hope your game gets squared asap, and you can enjoy it!!!....

#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Must say I must be lucky as in 20 years (hundreds of machines) I have never had a game pulled off the track and drop for Any OEM product? I need to try harder I guess lol.

Ha...lucky you are!!! Only took me once to pay attention..(can't claim hundreds of machines, but if I added up the # of times I've lifted a playfield...whew!!)

#2143 5 years ago

experienced longer end of ball cycle a few times, and a couple odd lower pf timer issues. My right lower ramp registers very consistently...very quick down there, however, keeping track of everything, so can't say it's catching 100%, but pretty darn close ( callout and timer clue)....seems one time it went dark w time still on the clock, but then again, can't be certain....learning to refine my lower pf skills...lots of fun/ pressure, as the timer always hits zero just as I was going to collect another jackpot....

I send feedback like this to "[email protected]" believing they are logging it for future updates....

game is still a blast for me, just not enough time to play lately...

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I played the LE in Banning this past weekend and the lower PF window was already starting to cloud.

mine had slight dust upon arrival, then developed an odd film "smudge" after a few dozen plays (underside)..both cleaned fine, and definitely not clouding (just dirty).

ball marks will be a way of life, however.....getting all the black rubber out of there will definitely minimize the effect...

#2155 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Munsters #3 on the Top 100...

It is a very fun, beautiful game....I don't put much salt in the rankings, except for entertainment purposes, but will be interesting where this game "settles" over time....

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from wotan:

I thought from previous threads that this was part of the attract mode and it could be turned off. I might be wrong because I don't have my machine yet but I thought that's what I read.

yes.....not part of attract mode, however....has it's own "Spot attract" which needs to be turned off....

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How the Premiums going at TPF??!

wondering why this hasn't been replied to....may too much shock and disbelief of the YBR? Sure would like to see some Prem. Munsters pics....

#2224 4 years ago

Is there not ANYONE at TPF posting any cool pics, stuff? Is there another thread?...shit, I saw they had a badass Munstermobile there, supposedly "show only" Munsters T-shirts, etc.

It's their newest game, and would think there is Munster mania happening......anyone?

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Have been playing both the Premium and LE over the past 2 days at TPF. The LE in my opinion is stunning and black and white didn't do much for me. Everyone has different likes though.[quoted image][quoted image]

hooray, show pics!!! how about the Munstermobile on display? Anybody picking up the t-shirts (I'm a sucked for stuff like that)?

I'm going to send my distro an email to pick one up for me, if possible...

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Here's a couple. There was only 10 Munsters shirts in each size available. Looked great though.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

!!
Now we're talkin'!!!!!! positive stuff from the show...thx for the pics....vehicles look killer!!!!! no worries on shirt...just hoping they had gotten out, and am sure they will offer some other version on the site eventually...

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ohhh, that’s the problem....

Yep, ramps glowing away....fortunately, the LE is gorgeous without rainbow lighting....

#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just figured that there would be a lot of people who attended the show that would come on pinside and post their thoughts on the black and white artwork.i figured it would be a very hot topic. You posted a lot of things though that im glad to hear and your post was very interesting. ...thank you!

Finally found Brett's TPF thread....apparently there was a Munsters pre party (early admission to something (?) ) and alot of things related to Munsters going on.....couldn't have made it anyway, but man, not sure how none of this showed up in the threads (I'm slipping, I guess). Game apparently made a big splash, as it should!!!

Guess when a game starts building a good backing, the traction on here sort of dies....

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Over on the Munsters doom and gloom thread there are people thinking the price of this game is going to plummet on the used market. The game sucks and is not selling well according to people over there. I told them wishful thinking.

Oddly, people always root for collapse, so they can sweep one up for 3k privately.....rarely happens (if ever) with great games. Make no mistake...Munsters is a great game!!!!

#2273 4 years ago

I think it’s great BK is dropping so the doom and gloom can stop here on this great game

Agreed...time for the mob to move elsewhere for a bit..Munsters really didn't take on much water compared to other releases....refreshing to not hear of splitting cabs, cracked inserts, etc. Even the side wood on this one is harder (as I could tell w @ vireland's method..screws for my power distro went in much more solid than previous NIB Sterns).....wait....something they've done better???...I'll stop that nonsense now...

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

The bashing has already started on BK! It's already going because the pro doesn't offer the upper playfield so they are forcing you to buy the premium if you want it. So it's already causing an uproar.

There is no game that gets a free ride on Pinside.....

#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a quick look over the LE’s at our distributor on Tuesday. Got to say it’s the most gorgeous looking game I’ve ever seen.
Stern have upped the cabinet quality also - the guys at AMD we’re saying it weighed a ton. Solid ply cabinet base, full Williams style leg brackets on all 4 corners and (this is new) black laminate inside and outside cabinets. Really nice finish.

couldn't agree more...they definitely focused on fit/finish build quality on this one. That, coupled with a fun game......enjoying mine quite a bit!!!

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is that glass over the mini-play field going to scratch?
At risk of starting a war, are any of you going to install a play field protector on your baby? They look like they will be easy to install. And that mini-play field glass would be protected.
I ask because the Pro model I played at Cactus Jacks in Oklahoma City was showing a lot of light dimples. Dimples are an issue for some; Others couldn't care less.
But scratched glass is ugly.

Mini pf window is plastic....Will scuff over time w a ball bearing slamming it.

Protector might be a hard add, as I wouldn't want to have to pull it up to take the window out...Probably by a spare at some point and stash it to replace original after it gets excessive wear ( a very long time, I suspect)

#2490 4 years ago

used=speakers=bad. No way to truly tell how they were treated prior. unless an obvious rattle or broken surround, coil scraping magnet, etc.

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Haters will always hate don't bother trying to figure it out. Just relax and enjoy what they choose to miss out, more for us.

This..^^^^^^

#2690 4 years ago

I was just informed my game will be delayed a little, bummer. So temporarily can we stop posting how good the game is and post why it sucks so I can at least feel good in the meantime

It sucks so bad I'm learning to cradle and backhand orbit shots on the lower play field!!! Hate this game...Have to keep hitting start button alot...

#2712 4 years ago

Sure, let's just keep kicking a brother when he is down. LOL

You asked...We delivered...

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Quick thoughts/comments on my LE-
Game is great, very fun to play. I'm still running on original .91 code due to issues people have stated with the .96 code. I would love for a new version with bug fixes to be released. My kids like it which is a big deciding factor on games that stay at my house- if they don't like a game, it goes.
Ball save on 5 seconds, but no post adjustments. Soft flippers is the only other 'game' setting I've changed. This can kick your butt pretty good.
Anyone on the fence, as stated by others, definitely a good game. Fun for all.
who-dey I hear you on moving games to the basement in my old age Most of my games now reside on what was my front room and dining room so I don't have to deal with stairs.

I have honestly had very, very few glitches w new code ( Extended trough time a couple times...Grandpa's lab " stall" once, I think) and am approaching 350 games...1 ball hang in the lab..Easily moved w a nudge...Love this game!!!

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Refreshing to hear someone is rolling up some games on their new pin.
These guys who come on with some 10 year old pin with 25 plays kill me.

Yea...my lineup is nice, but buy them to play...which I definitely do...

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Launched these today with shooters to follow.
Will be on our site both color and a black and white version.
Custom cast metal with enamel inlays which attach by top quality 3M backing for a quick install and durability.
Also will be at our retail partners shortly.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p207/Pinball-Mod-Mockingbird-Lane-Shooter-Plate-Insert-Munsters.html

This...LOVE IT!!! Ordered...Quality and gorgeous....( Won't need the rod, as I use glowing RGB shooters)...Thanks!!!

#2821 4 years ago

Grandpa Jackpot has some great added lighting effects w new code.....this is one pin that is absolutely destroyed with any led strip lighting.....just gorgeous on its own!!!

#2864 4 years ago

Question for you LE / Prem guys that have been putting some time in on your games.
Have you guys noticed any hazing or clouding of the lower PF Lexan cover like we have heard about on some the AC DC units and Lucy Units?

nope....just early dust, and an initial smudge of oil (guessing from the pinballs)..cleaned once when I changed all the rubber out.....been great since...

#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

"changed all the rubber out".... ?? Share...

Titans...Posted pics a few pages back. They don't offer mini flipper rings yet, but believe in the works. Everything else done

Highly recommend doing this, considering the black rubber is definitely going to start marking up the window as they wear..

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yep it is super hard to get an "honest" opinion on a game.

I suppose that's because an honest opinion is based on an individual's take, not any kind of standard metric. Very subjective.

Genuinely believe some people can despise , love, complain, or praise the same game. Doesn't make any of them "wrong" or "right".

Trolling can also be done to trash or over hype a game or mod. That's probably the hardest stuff for me to stay engaged with....

#2961 4 years ago

I wouldn't push any code panic buttons yet, let's see how this plays out. In the meantime it is fun as hell, great flow and call outs. Additional stuff can always be added especially if Gary wants to keep this on the line for a few years for prospective buyers. Not to beat a dead horse but we have been down this path with TWD and that turned out amazing, I know different coder all together but still Dwight has the chance to take a very good solid game and make it great.

Couldn't agree more...game is very fun for me as is. Can stand on it's own as is, imho. Stern finally beefs up the cab, makes a solid/ fun/ beautiful game, yet there must always be something....I'm very fortunate to not be a very good player (but my passion is at least equal to the pinball gods), and rarely get to the deep stuff anyway....

#2979 4 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

just installed .99 - works fine, but did reset all my settings, high scores, etc... When I selected the full install with verify it failed, but the quick update worked fine. Anyone else have this issue?

just installed the quick update..saved my settings and scores....like this feature on the new spike uploads..BM66 the same way...

#3030 4 years ago

Got to play MM on new code...by far the most fun mode on the game!!!! insane....this thing could end up being amazing....I still like theme over wonka...

#3051 4 years ago

....and here is the wife spreading some hate as well, lol.
This is just an awesome pin that is a blast to play. It really fits with the old adage that sometimes less is more. [quoted image]

Excellent....and the funny part...it's really not less........fun=more, period....glad you and your Wife can enjoy a game.....

#3058 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Playfield at hard.
Lower playfield soft.
Slings 32.
Dragula at 69.

Bingo...And think I am at 7.1 degrees of pitch.. can't remember...gameplay is consistent and solid...Is everyone backhanding Spot? That shot is a real PITA for me currently...

#3125 4 years ago

Wish you could truly see how beautiful HOOKED shooter plate looks on this game w my lit shooter rod...An amazing understatement of class...This machine is just drop dead gorgeous!!!

IMG_20190416_182823220 (resized).jpgIMG_20190416_182823220 (resized).jpgIMG_20190416_182837218 (resized).jpgIMG_20190416_182837218 (resized).jpg
#3126 4 years ago

Obviously, rod is RGB slow pulse, but can't capture w my phone camera (makes handle look white in these photos, but you get the idea)

#3137 4 years ago

Caught 3 more colors

IMG_20190416_215939186 (resized).jpgIMG_20190416_215939186 (resized).jpgIMG_20190416_215953930 (resized).jpgIMG_20190416_215953930 (resized).jpgIMG_20190416_220005075 (resized).jpgIMG_20190416_220005075 (resized).jpg
#3169 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How come I am starting to see some LEs up for sale? Is this pin a short love life for some? Is the Premium the better value?

I see 2 on the marketplace, 2 others that are flipper price at 12k!!!, and a couple of distro ads for NIB (expecting to get stock, etc.).

Nothing really sticks out here...new games always move a bit right after release..

Mine is not leaving...great game!!

#3192 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Unfortunately if you used a reverse psychology topic name like :
“Munsters has the worst lower playfield EVA!”
You would be on page 7.
I put my Vote in.

Ha...So true..

#3201 4 years ago

Does make a difference...Even better in person...

#3207 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Does the LE come with HD glass? The flyer says anti reflective glass.....

Yep

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Power blades are awesome except for the fact that they don't stick worth a crap. Everyday have to press them back in place. Need to find a better tape. Anyone recommend a brand of tape?

There is an actual fiberglass adhesive cloth...incredibly thin and strong, that I use on mirror blades...I'll dig up the roll and post #

#3221 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Gotta love it when a fly in /fly out visitor takes you re top spot

Wrong, just wrong!!! (like the cards too!!)

#3238 4 years ago

JD killing it on the stream!!! insane action.....

#3240 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cant wait to watch this stream. Got a little work to do and i will be tuning in.

Acknowledges how cool the lower pf is, and how brutal the machine in general. He was killing it!!! Saw alot I've never gotten to (screen stuff that's hard to watch while playing)....this machine is sooo underrated!!!

#3257 4 years ago

Yep was watching the stream last night as he was rocking, picked up on a lot of never seen footage. Jack has that lower playfield skill shot pretty down pat as he was nailing it quite a bit. I also noticed in the chat there was an extraordinary amount of love and praises for this game, rightfully so it's a dam great game that's a blast to play.

Agreed...Very entertaining to watch...The actual vibe for the machine is much more positive than the hate threads suggest...suspect it will ease w time, and the machine will get the appreciation it deserves...A real change w b&w option, gorgeous, and a sick lower playfield..don't really care about negative posts about it anymore, as I love the damn thing....

#3258 4 years ago

Grandpa for sure! - installed
In addition for my taste I also like:
Dragula Drag Light - installed
Sewer Pipe Drain (waiting on availability)
Spot Staircase Banisters - installed

I've only done Titan rubber for pf mods at this point. Can't pull the trigger on grandpa's chair, as it's just too close of a mimic of Uncle Fester's ( have my HEP TAF way too close, and want MunstersLE to stand on its own.).. Gorgeous machine!!!

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah it was awesome Who-Dey. The more I play this pin, the more I love it. It’s now my favorite over Deadpool. Absolutely never get tired of it. And the light show is killer with the pinstadiums. I have the baby pins set to purple. Totally cool effect whenever the lower PF lights up. Just everything together makes this pin a knockout. I’ll probably keep it until it falls apart. I know some of you don’t like adding aftermarket lighting to this particular pin, but I absolutely love it and I’ve got so many cool mods in the machine it’s just perfect now.

If YOU like it, that's all that really matters...great scores, btw!!!

#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That looks like an easy fix. I would know more if I knew from what direction the ball is traveling from to get there, but it looks like an easy fix. Does it come across the top of the plastic from the Mystery Lane? Or is it shooting up from the left side from the Lite Machine light? Or can you even see it as it is happening?

Mine got hung there (1x) in now several hundred plays. Was able to nudge it out without tilting...Guessing some games it's more prevalent.

#3313 4 years ago

Ok my game is really starting to piss me off for the last few days I’m getting rejection after rejection from grandpa scoop. I know I have my game setup slightly faster then suggested but still the bubble is crazy off, but I get reject about 9 out of 10 shots. The scoop isn’t lose, don’t appear bent nor is there any broken welds, and the protector looks fine and is flat. Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have grandpa's feet always been there? wondering if you might be getting a bit of air (would be hard to see as the gameplay is fast), possibly clipping them.

Try setting your upper flippers to soft for a bit to see if it goes away or diminishes the problem....maybe some unlucky bounces of the ball....

#3350 4 years ago

Ok here is what I have done and findings:
1 - I put some soft Velcro like Chuck suggested in the scoop.
2 - I leveled the bubble between the lines like Who-Dey suggested and liked.
3 - I revisited Grandpa's dangling feet Like MK6Pin suggested all clearance was good, no issues.
4 - Inspected the scoop protector again, no issues found.
Played a game to see how the changes worked out, still a good 9 out of 10 were being denied. WTF at this point........
Pulled the glass off and said let's poke around a bit, still see nothing. So what the hell the glass is off lets novice the lower PF glass for some extra protection while we are here.
Okay you know when that light bulb in your head goes off and shines your shadow on the wall looking like a dick lol, well Wa La!! In my infinite wisdom when I pulled my lower pf glass to clean the underside and wax the lower PF well upon reinstall when I was putting it back I torque the screws of the glass to make it be as level with the main PF as possible so when I run my finger across the two I cannot feel the edge of the glass. Apparently we shouldn't go down that far for believe it or not the glass edge was actually lower then the main PF and causing the balls to rise just before Herman and Grandpa's scoop. So I adjusted it the I can just barely feel the edge of the lower PF glass and now I make the shot 8/9 out of 10 times. I was more worried about protecting the stupid $69.00 glass more then the main PF. So lesson learned screw the glass you can always buy another and it's cheaper then PF. in addition I just made a stencil to cut a piece of mylar for the pf edge around the glass for some extra protection, let's see how that goes.
BTW I left all said adjustments in place as well, plays even better now. Thank all for the suggestions of help.

Air...my original thought...Glad you found it!!

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Funny I haven't had any problems with the shallow scoops on Aerosmith. Even GB has a shallow left scoop and a deep right scoop - the deeper one doesn't work any better than the shallow. Unless Munsters has a really, really shallow scoop It must be something other than depth.

Definitely some physics and playfield geometry factor into the equation.

As others have stated, it's not really a "scoop" w any real depth or mini channel under it, plus, the entire thing is metal ( a different approach than simply using a wood hole and putting a cliffy around the edge).

Given this game is very fast paced (like it or not) and the proximity of the scoop to the flipper, metal vs. metal is going to bounce...hard.

I've wondered if the only fix would be taking the entire scoop assembly out, and replacing w just a cliffy, so there's some wood in there to allow the ball to settle. Would have actually cost Stern LESS, but believe it was done, knowing the beating it was going to take.

Mine doesn't really reject more than anticipated, so it's a non issue for me....

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It plays normally also

I'd just pull the alligator clips off each mod first and see if problem goes away (starting w PS). If not, the board itself could be bad, but doubtful if it's playing ok.

Thought pinstadium supplied an external ps for this very purpose (keeping the draw off the game board)...I could be wrong.

Suppose grandpa could be shorting somehow, but doubt it

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whether you’re attaching the flasher or the GI to your game, it has two clips (flasher has its own two clips, GI has its own two clips) If you were to power on the lights (via the 12v power supply plugged into the aux outlet in the game) and connect either set of clips together the lights would come on and stay on.
It uses clips because your options are endless as far as trigger points. You can hook them up to everything from a light socket to a motor.

Bingo....just a trigger. If hooked up wrong, it simply wouldn't work, but don't believe it could cause the node warning shown.

Has the "entire" mod been disconnected (including wall wart PS - that's where enough amperage/ voltage would be present to have the board bark at you...maybe bleed thru, defective)? Was the error message present before you installed them?

I would certainly try that first. Node boards are expensive, and it's called out that warranty is null and void with any electrical add-ons. I'd just be super careful

Good luck

#3487 4 years ago

Here are a few shots of the Little Shop of Games protectors on the premium leaving all of the original hardware installed as well
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great pics!!! Set ordered....how could I have forgotten protectors??? gorgeous and practical mod...

#3489 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

OK very frustrating. After one day of not seeing the node over current warning, I am now seeing the same warning again – node board 8 overcurrent even though I only have one mod attached. Thought I had the issue resolved. Have no idea what’s going on here. Anyone with ideas please help thanks!

Without trying to sound redundant, disconnect all the mods, check the connections at the board, reboot, then play the game for several days. If problem persists, probably time to call Chas......

Did the game perform w no errors before the mods? How many games did you get on it prior, or did you upfit right away?

Maybe reload the code, but not convinced that would work

I've got (5x) NIB in my lineup, and will generally play them for a long time before putting any type of electrical mod on, making sure the machine is predictable first. Then always preceding w caution as no warranty, and replacement boards on all new machines are costly.

Good luck....that's about all I can think of....

#3491 4 years ago

Six pack job but most likely you'll done by four and that'll leave you two for shooting a few games.

how does this translate to a bourbon guy (1 glass or 2)?..

#3494 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

These look great but how much protection do they provide? They look to be about the same size as the plastics they are protecting. Typically would have about an 1/8" extension all around the plastic being protected. Or am I not seeing these correctly?

I was thinking the exact same thing, noticing they don't cover the steel washers on the slings.....mine have already shipped, so I guess I'll find out...hoping they are cut right, as I'd prefer to do this only once...uggh

#3497 4 years ago

They do extend out a little past the plastics , I guess it was just my poor camera angles, but hey if you need someone to take pictures to make someone thinner then what they really are then I’m your man lol. Here are a few more shots.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

whew!!!

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, I lied. I did not buy a Premium.
Someone was tired of their LE so I snapped it up. My neighbor is at work and i need help to unload. Plus it has been raining while I was away and today it is overcast with light sprinkles. The rain could let loose anytime. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow.
And, yes, this is my first "new" pin. I'm sure I will have some questions once I get up and running.
Here is a peek.
[quoted image]

Congrats!!! while the premium is gorgeous, I have zero regrets, and personally prefer the LE. Find myself just staring at it sometimes...looks that good to me....

#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s honestly weird if you prefer the old style. The current design is SO much better. So much more secure, and I don’t know how it would ever break. And if it did, the fix is super cheap.

I actually like the old style as well, but in use, the new one is fine.....

zero issues for me w power switch location on Spike games. Engineering change put the power supply in the backbox, not cabinet bottom. Extremely accessible now from a service standpoint..no biggie. Still enjoy flipping the switch to turn my games on and off analog.

Used to laugh when people talked to Siri on their phone and actually thought they were talking directly to their device. No thanks. My info is shared enough w my phone and computer, I choose to keep my house activities out of it.

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We will probably get some more i have a feeling. I still love the game the way it is now but a little more would be the icing on the cake. Then ALL of the haters would if course rush out and buy this game.......yeah right!

Haters gonna hate, is what it is.....thing could make $1 bills, and someone would complain "why aren't they $5's?"

Has never had an effect on how I choose my games....last time I checked, it's me buying for me. If someone wants to contribute, then maybe I'd pay more attention.

Both hate and fanboy threads are fun (sometimes), until they start attacking "people" for liking a game they don't ("poor player", "must be rich", etc.). That's when it gets a bit irritating, but whatever.....

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That and "you guys just keep on buying this crap that they keep putting out there. They wont stop making shitty games as long as everyone keeps buying them" "You guys are ruining the hobby"

Forgot those...hmmm..Getting inspired to start a new thread..

#3588 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Munster's "cousin" moved in today
[quoted image]

SWEET!!!

#3619 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I got to play the Munster's at Allentown and it was a lot of fun. My question is, why do owners quickly put this game up for sale shortly after buying it? Did the novelty wear off, impulse buy, or is it just a boring game to play?

Probably asked 20 times across the threads. One of the below apply:

a) must have "next new shiney" and people turn ALL new games at a pretty good pace upon release.
b) impulse buy because of hype....really can't afford another machine, and it's gotta go
c) believed and bought the hype, machine didn't shit gold bricks, so off it goes. This machine got amazing hype and hate before it was ever released.
d) (and "my" only theory) - this game is built around an amazing, lower playfield. If you don't like it, you won't like the game, hence the pros are at a disadvantage.

Advise (fwiw...zero) - play the game, if you can afford/ like it, buy it. If not, don't. ignore the rest.

#3620 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Grampa mod from Mod Couple $75. left arm feel Victim to a solid line drive airball reattached and Works perfect.
Pm if interested.
[quoted image]

Sorry to see, and sorry you lost $$$..."thou shall not buy 3d printed plastic trinkets in the line of fire"...TAF "Lester" is rubber (a similar type add).

Staircase mods, and other things I see for sale are going to break over time.

#3621 4 years ago

I'm going to drill one out and install the lighted eyes and nostrils first without the mouth light. Hook it up and see the effects in the machine and during game play, if it looks great awesome if not I'll unplug it lol. Give me a week or so to work on this, going to try to buy a new spot head first before doing so.

Like this idea (modifying an original piece)...reminds me of doc ock, and goblin light adds to SM. He would actually buy your original back after you bought his modded version. A purist approach. Can't remember who did (does that).....

#3636 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Maybe I am in the minority, but I was not thrilled with the lower PF - just was not fun
Not worth it to me and the issues it may cause.
I liked the pro better.
So I didn't love the lower PF but liked the game when I played the Pro

Quoted from Puffdanny:

the more I play the lower pf the more I'm glad I bought a pro!!!!that basement gets old real fast!!!

Note that reason "d)" was on a speculative opinion on my part. If you like the pro (as I'm sure many do) than you like the game....not fitting in my response to the redundant question "why are so many of these for sale".

#3669 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Marty on Head2Head podcast said he’s play testing 1.0 beta and it’s not a major re-work of the code. Having said that he said he’s really enjoying it.

Great to hear.....major rework is not needed, imho...some bug fixes and polish, along with adding some better screen/ mode integration would be nice. The pieces are there (midnight madness), just putting some of that into the game as achievements driven by gameplay (not the clock) would go a long way.

Still play the crap out of mine, as it's a nice change of pace from others in my lineup....

#3677 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Got all of my set installed...but...Herman and Grandpa.... looking for pointers.... looks tough.

patience and pictures (keeping all screws and stuff in a single cup or something)...I'll be doing mine this weekend..will see if anything odd pops up...

#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So I started mine today... should you loosen those screws slowly going around etc... my bottom one bound up and almost stripped out.. I think I can get it out after I order another set..little bit of WD got it back in and flush...and I dont want to lose the game while I wait for them...
Also is there a better set of these screws...?

I'm sure better screws exist, but more importantly, "right tool for the right job". Personally, I wouldn't take any of the screws completely out (not necessary to remove window)...this way the rubber washers don't go dropping all over the place. Loosen them all slowly and equally...you'll find the "sweet spot" when the screw releases from pf, then repeat w the others. Slow and steady

Had mine out 3x (clean twice, then a final time to install the titans)...no issues

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I didn't take them out on your instructions... started to loosen at like 9 o'clock...worked my way around and then bottom one bound up... using a good torx set I use on my hunting bows....dang screw stipped the head slightly... put them back...little WD let me get that bottom one back and level..

Sounds like you did the right thing...just wait until your new screws arrive, then you only have to go through it once...I'd surely check the threads in that bottom screw (after plastic safely on your bench) to make sure it's not messed up....little screws, regardless of pattern, are always a pita on occasion...good luck!!

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thoughts? Only 19 days ago....[quoted image]

Odd for sure...if I let the bashing threads dictate my lineup, I probably wouldn't have any machines at all.....

There certainly aren't that many LE's for sale on the marketplace, and a handful of pros...mostly dealer ads. Nothing new here....

Wouldn't matter if everyone sold theirs, I'm keeping mine...might be a mass sale down the road when I leave the hobby, but that would be it...

#3714 4 years ago

Got my plastic protectors in tonight. No need for pics (green set) as they've been posted...really adds even more amazement to an already beautiful machine.

Time to install - 2 hours

PITA factor - about a 6 out of 10 (compared to my others)

Things to watch - Herman's protector easily the hardest in this set. Be careful around that little spotlight. You'll also need a small screwdriver or something to lift the optos up from under the plastic to screw in. All the others straightforward.

This set doesn't have alot of extra protection for the plastics, but should work fine.

Would like to see the extra plastics made at some point (uni-targets and a couple others that are hanging out there).

Overall very pleased, and recommend

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I did the same.... 2 left..... let us know how it goes...and any pointers....please....

Definitely, don't put the ramp plastics on until Herman plastic installed...won't be able to get a screwdriver in there (checked my rear hinge to spot door while I was in there..nice and snug).

Protectors definitely lessen the available thread available in a few spots...don't cross thread or overtighten anything or you're in trouble. There's no magic w these, patience, pics, and keep track of all the washers/ screws.

I used a small flashlight laid on the magnet to help me see the opto switch holes....

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

well crap...ramps are on... will remove

2 screws each....Very small screws

You'll never reach the left side of Herman plastics with those in the way....

#3765 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully it’s not another walking dead situation where the magnet gets to the point that it alway drops it straight down the middle.
But for now, it sound like your game is working as intended.

I've got quite a few games in on my LE, magnet holds ball as expected, then drops to a flipper very predictably, as magnet not centered. No SDTM for me. It's those brutal outlanes that keep my profanity at a high level on occasion (machine is ruthless in that aspect).

#3777 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

My machine was born on 4/29 and came with the modified wire form for the lower play field installed (prevents ball from getting stuck on plastic next to wire form). It also has regular phillips head screws fastening the lower playfield glass to the main playfield rather than the torx head screws!

Nice!!!

#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Holy crap there is a lot of really negative hostilities thrown at The Munster’s.
Since this is a Club thread and there are still a few owners or players left who enjoy the game lol, it’s not the most uplifting thing to read the Munsters worst code ever thread.
First, the game got hacked on the Hype thread, now it has its own dedicated hatred thread. Yes, the rules aren’t deep. Period. We would all likely agree it would be nice if these did get further flushed out.
However to call the pin outright shit is a dis-service to the elements which do work: a beautiful looking art package with smooth shots, clear understandable rules, a fun mini pf and an awesome theme- love the music and lighting to boot.
It fits well in my line up. I enjoy all types of pins and I guess only time will tell if this pin has staying power.

There are lots of people who absolutely love this pin (me included). The "worse code ever" (not even stated right), is just a convenient place for haters of about anything to vent. I engaged for awhile, same old crap, so drained it (hype thread was gone a long time ago for me).

It would be a shame (and not wise) for any person to either buy or sell any game based on what is talked about on these forums. Just too much nonsense.

The current " golden pins" are IMDN and DI. I don't like either. Who cares? For me, Munsters is everything those are not. This is a nice club thread, more will join, and things will settle over time.

#3797 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

@ Who-Dey, we’re in the minority it would seem. (We lost Space-man to all the constant negativity).
I guess it can wear you down eventually.
Like Wonka, the anticipation was through the roof on Munsters.
This is such an amazing hobby and fortunately lots of choice now and coming from a growing number of manufacturers.

only @spacemanratso09 knows why he sold, as it should be. Wonka is also getting destroyed in some of the threads...some of this stuff is interesting, some of it is just babble. Plenty of choices...play and buy what YOU want....no biggie

#3802 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Well said. The hate for this game is extreme.

Should have been in the threads when BM66 and WOZ were released. Hate for Munsters pales in comparison.

#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzone:

So you're telling me there's a chance?
[quoted image]

That the code has future revs? I'd think that's a given. How far? Who knows, but it does seem (except for GB) that they are being more aggressive in releasing them.

Would never buy a game I didn't already like, however. Believe it or not, I truly enjoy MunstersLE as is....anything added code wise will be much appreciated, and there are several aspects that would benefit. It's been echoed many times on these threads however....deep code does not guarantee a great game, nor does shallow code prohibit it.

Have you played this game? Mastered all aspects? Scores all so strong that the wheels break? Been able to master upper and lower MB control? Is it really that simple?

I've put hundreds of games on mine, and thoroughly enjoy it. I'm not good enough to get too deep in any of my machines, except for a lucky game every now and then. Doesn't make me any less of an enthusiast.....

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Driving my way into the club!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super congrats!!! Will be fun to revisit this thread in a year.....LE-s gone, Premiums really premiums w a daring art move, pros earning....some mods emerge that are "must have"..future quite bright on this one...

#3809 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Which flipper does your magnet let the ball drop to? Left or right? If I can get a good nudge, mine will drift the ball to just the tip the right flipper.
Maybe I need to check my left-to-right play field adjustment.
==============================
The outlanes can be tough. Reposition toset outlane posts down low all the way. Then back off your tilt bob and start working on your nudging skills. This pin does respond well to some well placed nudging.

Mine hits the right 100%...

I like brutal outlanes, actually. The price of going for the tough shots...a first tonight...Herman magnet threw the ball sdtm with lightning speed..never saw it, and hope he get's in a better mood..

#3814 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just listened to the latest SDTM podcast and the guys also couldn’t understand where all the hate for this game was coming from.
Makes me laugh in the other bitch thread how everyone complains about shallow code yet 99% of them could never get near to the end of “deep” games anyway.
Was playing Met and Munsters this afternoon and it was such a nice contrast. Compared to Munsters, Met almost seemed a grind to get anything going. Munsters was almost instant fun. Difficult to blow up, yet easy to start the fun.

Spot on!!! Can't up vote this one enough!!!

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Premium now in the house. Put a couple games on it today, it plays smoother than the pro version. Game is set with all factory settings, it feels a little more solid, I wonder if it has something to do with that lower playfield screwed to the main playfield.
Installing some playfield protection and grandpa scoop mod to keep the ball from slamming against the scoop backstop. Once done I will start putting some games on it each day. I am so glad I did the upgrade, absolutely love the look and art package with the lower playfield.

Super congrats!!!....You will be thrilled w what lower PF brings on this game...

#3826 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I wish many here wouldn’t be so quick to divide those commenting on the game into the binary categories of “lovers” and “haters”. I (and many who have been classified as “haters”) love the theme and art and shots but are simply disappointed with the code. That doesn’t mean the game isn’t fun to play as it is it just means there can be more categories including “I really want the game but can”t see paying 2019 prices for 1995 code”.
The level of what many call “hate” for Munsters is so much more than other recent games because so many that were passionate about Munsters and excited at announce were just totally deflated when Dwight made the now infamous statement about the code. Munsters is the first game in a while I really want. I love everything about it except the code (though still think it should have drop targets as Borg intended).
The existing code certainly isn’t “the worst code ever” but it’s not worthy of a game that pretty much gets everything else right. There are actually quite a few good suggestions in the so-called haters thread that would give Munsters the love so many more want to give it.
There are always those that are going to “hate” for various reasons. But I suspect that in the case of Munsters it’s more what could/should have been - disappointment and frustration at gimping a dream theme rather than hate. I honestly believe sales will skyrocket if the code ever gets more robust and that current owners will be surprised at how many “haters” will join them as owners.

As a fellow BM66 pinbud, I agree with your post (we certainly are used to hate threads ). I think the title of the thread was naturally combative and designed to create reinforcement for his true disdain of the game (he didn't like it on many levels).
This created a platform for all sorts of negative stuff, which we all know racks up the posts.
Munsters (Prem/LE) has an amazing lower playfield...no code is ever going to remove (but possibly refine) it. If you like them or willing to truly give it a legitimate chance, this is a must have game. If not, you'll never enjoy the machine.
Bat fans were given "in Lyman we trust", and he delivered in spades. Dwight made an unfortunate comment, hence the (justifiable) code comments. No way this thing is "done" code wise.

You are correct that the game has way more positives than negatives, not "worse code ever" (uggh), and more and more are starting to find homes (especially premiums). Best built and loaded Stern I've seen in quite some time (drops can be debated or not...of course I wanted them, but the unitarget has alot of letters on the left, and can be a pita to focus on with the ball screaming around). Borg should be proud of this game. Many games get VE'd before release (or even after reveal... ).

BM66 was "saved by code" in the eyes of many. Munsters is honestly a better shooter, and won't require the level of "saving" imho for many to purchase.

So happy BM66 gets the recognition it deserves, quite confident Munsters will also find its place...

Price to play? They are all too expensive, and am convinced there will be a natural correction (already happening). People get overhyped, can only justify a few pins, and when it doesn't immediately deliver, out it...even for a loss. The thrill can have a cliff effect pretty quick, even if the game is good, if you've got 7-13k in one (spanning the current nibs).

Done w rant, and jfh , you can pm me anytime if there are deeper dives, questions you may have.....mark

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There does not seem to be any consistant behavior with Herman Hurry Up and how the ball releases.
I played with my leveling with two front levelers. I’m going to drag the pin away from the wall and play around with the back levelers and see if that helps.

My ball drops consistently to the right flipper if held, then released by the magnet. This game, in particular, is important to get level left to right on front AND back (pf flexes). It's amazing how many people focus on pitch but ignore level of pf..no one talks about it. This very topic came up during a recent chat with a very well known "machine master".. .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
692 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mk6pin. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.