IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mdclips.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago

All versions look great to me. I decided on an LE. Can’t wait!

1 month later
#1766 5 years ago

Thought I'd weigh in on Munsters. Overall, I'm really enjoying it and it seems like its going to be a great game to own.
Got my LE last week. Unboxing and setup went well, a couple little things to comment on:
1) left flipper became loose after a few games, and I had to tighten it. First time I tightened it, it became loose again after game or two, so I did a trick that usually works, I took the flipper completely out, and used 100 sand paper vertically on the shaft to create some friction. Reinstalled and tightened and all is good.
2) I found it odd that Stern sends the machine with no balls in the lower playfield. You have to remove a component to install the 2 balls. Have your 1/4 inch nut driver ready. The unusual thing in my machine is that Stern left one ball in the lower playfield by mistake, so I only had to add one ball. No big deal.
3) I found that the LED's are too bright. I changed the GI and the insert brightness to 80%, and the backbox to 75% when playing. flashers also down to 75%. Just my preference. I play in a dimly lit room.
4) At first I thought the lower playfield felt a little like a cheap toy pinball machine. But after many plays, I find it fun and challenging. You actually have to aim and hit orbits, and certain shots and then have a hurry up for multiball. Well done.
5) If anybody thinks the game is too easy, I'm surprised. Side drains and centers happen often enough, and you can set many features to make it more difficult to progress. So if it's too easy, leave ball save off, and make more hits required to start modes.
6) I just did the .96 update and the whole machine just seems a little better and I like the instructional video in the attract mode.
7) I really like the soundtrack, not just the Munsters theme song, but all the '60's sounding surf type music. Very fitting and and fun.
8) As you learn what is going on, the game does a pretty good job of showing you and telling you where you should be shooting, that is, except the zap button, which I haven't read up on, but I've not yet understood why it is there. I'm sure I'll learn soon.
9) I lowered the power of the lower playfield flippers. They seemed way to strong, the ball was flying everywhere. Much better.
10) Not sure about the shaker importance. I don't love shaker's , but I set mine to minimal, and it seems good.
Good job Stern!

4 weeks later
#2977 5 years ago

just installed .99 - works fine, but did reset all my settings, high scores, etc... When I selected the full install with verify it failed, but the quick update worked fine. Anyone else have this issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mdclips.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=mdclips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.