pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7348 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I had the glass off the other day cleaning the machine and saw that I have a chip in the clear coat where the ball hits as it comes out of the trough into the shooter lane. I bought a few sheets of mylar so I can put some down to protect the area more. Is there anything else I should do to the chip to seal it or anything? It does look like it's down to the wood but is thankfully very small.

I've been trying these out recently on some of my pins. I like the fact that they cover the entire shooter lane. Bought them from Mezel Mods

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#7495 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can move the plastic piece left to right, it doesn't come off of there or anything like that, just moves left to right. The other coils dont do that.

A couple of small zip ties to help keep it in place?

1 week later
#7602 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Thanks will have a look or ask my distributor about it.
For now i have to repair the opto, i removed the plastics to have a better look and i have seen that the cables of the opto were shaved off.
While fumbling around yesterday the opto did not work anymore, one of the cables came completly off.
No i wait for replacement
i bent the metal lane as good as i could back, looks better now.

Interesting - I have the same issue w/my opto, but the metal guard is OK. 2 of the 3 wires sheared right off and the opto plastic is busted. Fixed the wires and taped it in place for now. New one on the way, but I think I might 3D print something to help protect that area,

#7648 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

...I just received a nice email from someone at Stern (name I’m not going to mention) saying specifically, part of the new code update will include more call outs, more of Grandpa, Eddie and Herman too...[quoted image]

Any word on ETA?

#7649 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

I took of my plastics and straightend the wire out...[quoted image]

How hard is it to bend back?

#7652 4 years ago

My new Spot opto showed up today, but won't get it installed for a couple of days. So I figured I'd take a closer look at my rail and it is indeed slightly bent (after thinking it was OK).

My Spidey sense tells me it might be beneficial to put a fat Titan sleeve on this post to help stop the rail from bending... Should give it some lateral support and protect the opto. There's even a place for a ring, but it might sit just a tad high.

Will report back unless someone beats me to it.

#7668 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Yes this post could be a good point for a fix. A fat titan sleeve might do it, i think it needs just some support over the lenght.
If this will not help i will try maybe this think i printed. I hope i did get the measurents right.
It should replace the clear plastic post and extend it to the wire. But i think it will need some tweeking that the ball will not touch it too much.
I hope to get some time soon to test it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks cab, you're quick! I have an Ender 3D printer and may dabble with something too. I do think some silicone or rubber added to the 3D print would help (think mini flipper rubber, ring, etc.) to soften blow. At least w/PLA - might not hold up otherwise. PLA+ might do better since it bends a little more. Never tried ABS or nylon.

How about making it fit over the current post? That would give it more surface area at the hole.

What was you infill percent? I think I'd go 100%.

#7671 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

...What do you mean with fitting over the current post? Do you mean totaly engulf the post?...

Yes, slip over the entire post. Only reason I mentioned that is there would be more surface area (i.e. the hole is bigger, and the entire length), might make it stronger. Just a wag tho.

I'll PM you my e-mail shortly.

Thanks!

#7682 4 years ago

I traded some e-mails with Calab and printed his 3D support for the rail. I stuck a #6 washer under it to raise it up a bit in order to help prevent any PF wear since after a while, we're suspecting there might be some wiggle. Very sturdy tho. 100% infill and I rotated it 90 degrees when printing in order to make the layers perpendicular to the rail This keeps the printed layer 'seams' from being parallel with the rail.

My old opto was broken and had the wires sliced. On the new one, I zip tied them up a bit to keep them away from anything sharp.

In the end, Stern does need to address these issues properly. But for now Calab came up with an excellent workaround.

Thanks Calab!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7689 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Figured it out, used toothpicks!

LOL, I almost added that to my post cause I was really worried about that. I stuck a small zip tie thru one hole to hold it in place. Reached around to position the other hole. Took about 1 minute tops .

#7690 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I want one, How much.

Ask Calab, he designed it!

#7700 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you rotate vertically (perpendicular to wire form the printing) in the slicer application?
Or is this something you had to do in the STL file? If STL file can you post an updated verison?
thx.

I just rotated it in the slicer (Cura). Downside is now the layers are parallel to the screw that held down the original post. Just a WAG, but I think this is a better option.

#7858 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

One of those "wings" has completely broke away on my protector. My thoughts are that there is no radius at the bend line. I need to go buy the Cliffy unit.

Ditto here, or at least getting that way. Time to bug Cliffy.

#7934 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi
Would the pinsiders who have made a 3D printed solution for the Herman rail be willing to send the CAD? Or print one and send it to me here in UK?
Noticed my rail is starting to bend in.
Obviously willing to pay
Thanks

The original gent uploaded it to thingiverse.com

#7945 4 years ago

Hey Guys (and any Gals),

Need a small favor from my fellow Munsters friends.

I have some dings in the bottom of my Pro cabinet (front - no, I didn't do it). Too busy right now to bondo and re-decal properly. But until then I'd like to at least print something, attach it to some backer material, and fit it in there so it looks a bit better. Can someone snap 2 or 3 high res pics so I have the correct artwork to fill with? Might be better w/a flash or in sunlight so the color is a closer match.

If so, reach out w/a PM.

Thanks ahead of time,
Mark

#7947 4 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

Ouch! I don't have a pro or would be happy to help. Is the person that did do it still alive?

Got a decent deal, so no biggie. I'll make it good as new in the end.

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Contact stern and purchase a new decal

Too busy right now, barely have time to play the pins! I usually just ping Pinball Life, and they add it to their weekly order.

#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey Guys (and any Gals),
Need a small favor from my fellow Munsters friends.
I have some dings in the bottom of my Pro cabinet (front - no, I didn't do it). Too busy right now to bondo and re-decal properly. But until then I'd like to at least print something, attach it to some backer material, and fit it in there so it looks a bit better. Can someone snap 2 or 3 high res pics so I have the correct artwork to fill with? Might be better w/a flash or in sunlight so the color is a closer match.
If so, reach out w/a PM.
Thanks ahead of time,
Mark[quoted image]

Bump (my own post)!

#7952 4 years ago

Thank you!!

#7960 4 years ago

Just a quick thank you to CrazyPinballGuy for snapping a photo for me - much appreciated.

Thanks for helping!

#7973 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

I sent an eMail yesterday however I’m not sure if Stern is even working during the pandemic. Thanks for the part# looks like it’s only $10 online I’m just not sure if I need both sides or hopefully not the board? During switch test nothing happens. Visually the opto looks fine there is a tiny red led illuminated so it’s definitely getting power. The left opto on the staircase I can’t see a red LED on but I think it’s hidden by the plastic-if the left side even has it?
I bought this game pre-owned with very few plays on it so I don’t know how much Stern will work with me.

Dustin - Back up to post 7602, a few of us were discussing this very issue. Also look for my picture of using a zip tie to move the wires in a safer location to avoid the same issue happening again. And check to see if the rail is straight.

#8103 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

this chair will be a very nice topper for Munsters !

Maybe it's the electric chair from the show?

#8153 3 years ago

A Gottlieb coil???

#8154 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What’s the thing to do on pooling.. leave as is, or will it get worse? Feels pretty hard, and my LE (299) I got when it was released, so about 2yrs ago now

I'd at least report it to Stern, so it's on the record. Include the picture(s) too.

#8247 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you have got that far, do you have a mutlimeter and know how to use it? Chances are there is a short in the circuit for that LED or the LED is shorted.. I would start with the LED and the wires. Make sure there is no wires accidentally soldered to another wire or connection.

I'd actually look for an open too (bad solder joint, not a short) on the LED itself, or make sure the LED is installed correctly.

Adding to pinballaddicted's comments, how good are you at using a multimeter? Can you solder?

#8334 3 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Yes, please post the file for the cover. Thanks!

Ditto! ^^

3 months later
#8953 3 years ago

Anyone happen to have a spare plastic of Grandpa for sale? Don't really want to buy the entire set...

#8955 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I don't have a spare grandpa but I noticed mine was missing a screw and very loose - about to break off. This night be a common problem so make sure your's is tight.

I've owned the pin for ~6 months and finally noticed it was missing!

#8972 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

After a whirlwind 15 hour round tripper to pick this one up from fellow Pinsider jurassic2016 , I am now the proud owner of a Munsters Pro.
I decided I wanted the Pro over the Premium because I just don’t care for mini-playfields. Personal taste.
Super happy with the purchase. This machine is gorgeous and has lots of very tasteful mods. Jurassic2016 was a pleasure to deal with. Great guy.
Family LOVES the pin. We are big on old tv shows and our family loves anything even remotely related to Halloween, so this theme hits all the buttons for us.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi to fellow owners. Take care.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

Just a quick FYI...I think you're missing some decals here:

Ask me how I know...

#8975 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

How do you know?

LOL. Mine on the left came off. Never even noticed until I found the stuck sticker on the PF somewhere else. I tried to stick it back on, but no luck - and not worth the effort to buy the entire set.

2 months later
#9338 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

I've had my Munsters Premium for about a month and I love it. This is my first pin so I don't know a lot about it. I am getting a lot of air balls when the ball hits the left side of the Marilyn ramp. Does anyone have this problem? I tried putting some foam on it and it helps a little bit, but its ugly and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and has a fix for it? I also have the less flipper on SOFT because I would have more airballs if it was on Normal.
[quoted image]

Since you just got the pin, keep an eye in this area. The guide can get bent and in my case, damage the opto board sitting next to it. There's a 3D print somewhere in this thread file. You can download the file have someone print it for you to help keep it from bending.

Here's a pic of mine:

It's discussed around post 7800, if you are interested.

#9341 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

[quoted image]

Rev A.

#9344 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hello Munster's fans, I just installed the gold balls from Back Alley, WOW these are cool in my Munster's black @ white premium game

Just checked them out, very cool...but $15 each...a little bit of an ouch. But of course, I just ordered one.

One or two might be nifty, but all of them - bit pricey.

Kudos on the seller tho - glad he's making them available. Thanks Simp for pointing them out.

#9358 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

...In fact, I took all the Windex out of the basement, just in case my...kids decides to help out and start cleaning!...

You probably don't have much to worry about.

I have the HD glass in 4 pins, I think. Only buy it at shows or from a buddy that when he get's a pin w/it at a good price. Usually my fav first mod, if the pin warrants it. Munsters doesn't have it yet. The Pro PF is so dark, I don't think I'd benefit. Maybe some sort of Pin Stadium's would help.

4 weeks later
#9514 3 years ago

Yeah, the spot opto is the one that can short due to the bending wireform.

Adding to C0unt's comment - there's a 3D print to help keep the rail from bending. The gent put the file up on Thingiverse. I printed one, works great. My opto had gotten busted due to the wireform bending. On the new one, I added a zip tie to keep the wires safe as an extra precaution.

#9517 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And does anyone have a pic of where it goes? Just picked this game up a few days ago, not real familiar with it yet .

Yep, take a look at my post #7682 in this thread

#9531 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I was just contacted by Stern concerning the above insert issue on my Munsters, they intend to send me a new populated playfield to exchange when the line opens up in April...really cool on Sterns part, that was unexpected...thumbs up to Stern!!

If I'm not mistaken, the original Grampa 'non-cliffy' is prone to wearing out. So are still going to replace?

#9534 3 years ago

from my experience so far even the cliffy is prone to wearing out. It takes a beating. I'm going to buy another from Cliffy for when mine breaks. I don't think the cliffy was related to his exchange tho and more the sinking inserts

I wonder if there's something different about this VUK area than others. My AS Pro I sold maybe 6 months ago, that Stern protector looked like the day it was installed. That was a routed pin too.

#9538 3 years ago

There was some talk about the protectors a few pages back. My original broke in half, the stern replacement was splitting, and my first cliffy is already dented and showing signs of wear and bending in the same spot the stern one was breaking. I have maybe 200 plays on the cliffy. It will need to be replaced eventually. Not sure what could be causing it but it's not just my machine.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/188#post-5999294

I remember seeing that, and how odd looking it was being bent up. But still, I wonder what's so 'special' (in a bad way) with the Grandpa's VUK protector constantly get's so beat up in such a short order? Does it just have too much slop on the sides?

Taking a Snipit from you picture, that raised part - it seems like the vertical section of the protector in the hole is perhaps bending, resulting in the raised part up top?

#9552 3 years ago
Quoted from RANBOW:

This is actually what Im looking for....
[quoted image]

If you end up buying the entire plastic kit, I could use 'Grandpa' above the VUK, mine's missing. Shoot me a PM if interested.

#9567 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

No, it is not hard to get the window level. It is not hard at all.
Get something like a credit card, some sort of flat plastic. Cut into a trapezoid figure like an “A” with sharp points on both sides.
The window mounts on rubber o-rings for adjustability. Place the “A” on the window and slide it over the groove at the window/play field crossing. If your “A” catches the edge of the play field then the window is too low. Back the adjusting screw in the area back to raise the window. When you can slide the “A” from the window onto the play field then the window is high enough; Then you need to slide the “A” from the play field onto the window; If the “A” catches then the window is too high.
Try it. You’ll get the skill. It is not hard to do. Keep going around the window sliding that “A” back and forth and adjust accordingly.

Ditto with what cotton said. While I don't have a Munster Prem, I did it on my AC/DC. It really is easy. I recall going side to side a couple times, sort of like torqueing nuts on a wheel or leveling a 3D printer build plate.

In the end, either way will work.

#9570 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have read a few folks had the screw snap off..... or...they used a phillps driver ...and striped it... lol

Thanks for the info, hadn't heard about the screw heads popping off.

The only reason I take off my AC/DC from the top is just so I don't have fool around with the wires. Plus I remember reading that lower PF is a bit of a PIA. When AC/DC first came out, you had to remove the lower PF - couldn't get to the plastic cover otherwise.

#9572 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mb, check your front door
[quoted image]

Just getting ready to PM you.

Thank you! And darn you! You didn't have to do that but much appreciated. If you ever need more, just holler.

Good people on this thread.

#9578 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

As a previous owner, I can personally vouch for removing the mini pf from below- really quite easy to do so.
Initially, I had been removing from up top; which all went well until somehow one of those darn tiny screws snapped in half when I was carefully unscrewing it.
It wasn’t easy getting the broken screw out of the wood.
Fun game and such a beautiful package.

Looks like the "from the bottom" guys have spoken!

#9593 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Setup a new Munsters yesterday - it shows perfectly level - but, having an issue with the ball getting hung up around the bumper to the left of the Marilyn ramp on occasion - anyone else having that issue - and if so any potential solution? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Obvious question, but need to ask...you do have a post here w/a 7/16" ring, right (I can't see it in your picture)? Did the ring slip up or down? Looks like the ring should be able to give it enough offset to let it roll to the right.

#9596 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

I'll check this out now as well

Here's mine. Post doesn't go thru the plastic.

#9599 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine looks like yours MB. I guess next time it happens I'll pay more attention. Has only happened 2 or 3 times so I thought just a design flaw, no biggie. Thx for pic

Maybe Just try a bigger ring? I put Titans in mine right after I got it (used, routed), can't say I've ever had a ball get stuck there. I don't think I leveled the game tho. But looking at mine, I can't foresee a ball getting stuck there.

#9602 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

So here is mine. The o ring looks to be in the middle of the post. Is that correct?
[quoted image]

It does look a little low in the pic (meaning high compared to the PF) - I think I see the recessed area of the post a bit.

Try this - just place a ball there and move the ring so it lines up to the center line of the ball. Any chance you have a spare ring? My Star Trek Pro had the same problem w/a trap around the pops, others had the same problem too. I just stuck a bigger ring on it.

The other thing that might be causing it is the pop switch might be set a little wide - so it wasn't firing as much, letting the ball get stuck there.

#9606 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Ok, will add this to the list of items try - can you provide a link or more info on how to perform these adjustments? And thanks for the help!

You just set the gap on the leaf spring switch. I've seen good write ups on Pinside before - I'll do a quick search.

Edit: Check out Vid's write up. Didn't read all of it, so Stern's pops might not be covered specifically, but should be enough to get you going.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers

#9608 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Interesting, being new, where can I get these? Willing to give them a try. It’s getting hung up in that area on my machine often enough it’s making me question if I made the right decision here.

https://www.titanpinball.com/

But I wouldn't buy just one because of shipping - so probably hold off a bit. If you do think a bigger ring might help, I'd just make a trip down to the local hardware and see if you could kludge something to see if it's needed.

I'd look at the pop not being sensitive before buying anything.

#9611 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

So here is mine. The o ring looks to be in the middle of the post. Is that correct?
[quoted image]

Wzpin, I took the glass off and manually placed a ball there. It would stay in place, but I imagine that if it had any speed at all, I don't think that would happen. While I was at it I checked my playfield. Side to side up there was at 0.2 degrees. Front to back pitch was 7.0 degrees. Maybe you just need to adjust the steepness at tad bit more.

I think you mentioned you checked your playfield, but didn't see the numbers. Got them?

#9613 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm pretty dead level, but at 6.7° wonder if steeper would help. But then wife wouldn't play, be too fast. Damn fast at 6.7

Don't tell her...

2 weeks later
#9643 3 years ago

Hey Guys,

Anyone have the tech support contact at Stern? My Munsters audio acts up occasionally. Sometimes no bass, sometimes no audio at all. Sometimes when I don't hear any audio, as I shut the pin off...I hear it for a moment as the power supplies are slowly collapsing. So I need to run that by Stern.

The pin's audio is working now, and the VA status LED is lit (power supply for audio), I'll have to check the VA LED when the audio screws up again. One thing I noticed is the VA LED remains off when the game is booting up - likely delayed to keep garbage from coming out the speakers as the things get initialized.

Thanks ahead of time.

#9647 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hey, mine does that too occasionally. Be nice to find a cure

I also had an Aerosmith and I think that did it once or twice too.

Thanks for the tech info.

1 week later
#9696 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I enjoy it a lot. It does not have deep code, so that area of criticism is accurate, but it's all about how much that matters to you. The code certainly isn't miniscule, it's more like an average '90s DMD game.
edit: Oops, I didn't scroll down to see this was already settled.

I don't mind the 'deepness' of the code, but some additional video assets would be nice.

#9707 3 years ago

Boy, this was long overdue. Replaced with a Cliffy.

You can see how beat up the one vertical section is, the other side doesn't even have the vertical piece.

#9712 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How was the install? I have mine waiting on me...

I put it off for about 6 months because I read comments that there's a little bit of work involved. LOL. Wasn't bad. The right wireform needs to at least be moved (loose, not completely removed). Just 3 nuts for the wireform.

So the plastics and wireform are just the typical screw or nut stuff. No biggie there.

The one thing that was a little bit of a PIA for me was the post that catches the edge of the original Stern protector (back left side if you are looking from the front). That means the post needs to come out. At first I figured there was the typical T-nut on the back side of the PF, but there's really a nut w/the built in nylon washer under the PF. So I removed the nut and the post's threads were a little tight in the hole. That's where it got a little tricky for me since my 3/8" deep-well socket is MIA (the post's 'built in nut' is at the base). I tinkered around with a closed wrench but that was going far too slow. Luckily, a metric deep-well socket must be close enough to 3/8"...and then it got a lot easier.

I put down a microfiber rag to catch any washers/screws/nuts that got loose, but they all behaved.

Here's a pic of the post and the new Cliffy. You can see how it (and the Stern part) catches the protector.

I should add - the VUK doesn't need to be removed or loosened. (I'm missing the 'Grandpa' plastic, was missing when I bought it).

#9713 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I put it off for about 6 months because I read comments that there's a little bit of work involved. LOL. Wasn't bad. The right wireform needs to at least be moved (loose, not completely removed). Just 3 nuts for the wireform.
So the plastics and wireform are just the typical screw or nut stuff. No biggie there.
The one thing that was a little bit of a PIA for me was the post that catches the edge of the original Stern protector (back left side if you are looking from the front). That means the post needs to come out. At first I figured there was the typical T-nut on the back side of the PF, but there's really a nut w/the built in nylon washer under the PF. So I removed the nut and the post's threads were a little tight in the hole. That's where it got a little tricky for me since my 3/8" deep-well socket is MIA (the post's 'built in nut' is at the base). I tinkered around with a closed wrench but that was going far too slow. Luckily, a metric deep-well socket must be close enough to 3/8"...and then it got a lot easier.
I put down a microfiber rag to catch any washers/screws/nuts that got loose, but they all behaved.
Here's a pic of the post and the new Cliffy. You can see how it (and the Stern part) catches the protector.
I should add - the VUK doesn't need to be removed or loosened. (I'm missing the 'Grandpa' plastic, was missing when I bought it).
[quoted image]

Adding to my original post: One thing I would suggest is to tighten the post from the backside of the PF, hold the post in place from the top. That will help prevent any damage from the post up top turning, digging into the PF clear coat.

#9719 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put this on in place of grandpa plastic. Looks good on the game. But I paid half of this price
[quoted image]

That's neat. I've been thinking along the lines of maybe 3D printing Grandpa, if I can find a decent file on Thingiverse to mod/paint...keep forgetting to check.

For maybe 6 months after buying the pin, I hadn't even noticed Grandpa was missing. Then one day when I was installing some Titans I noticed the empty brackets. Hmmm...what goes there? Duh!

#9727 3 years ago

That did turn out good. Googling for a Grandpa Munster 3D file, I found this. Might print one today.

#9736 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Pin Stadiums in the lower playfield look very sharp

The Pro could really use some up top too. Such a sharp looking PF but barely lit. We typically play with the lights off at night and the PF is really dim compared to the other pins.

#9741 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Be fun to make

Printed a Grandpa to replace my missing Grandpa plastic. Wifey is still playing around with the colors. Just slips over the metal brackets for the plastic.

#9745 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Did some tests with photogrammetry and chose grandpa for it.
Well if you know what it should be, you can see some resemblence.[quoted image]

So you used the 2D image on the left as the source and turned it into 3D?

#9748 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

no i have the figure. did about 90 Photos of it from all directions. Then a software stitches everything together to a 3D picture.

OK...that makes more sense.

4 months later
#9946 2 years ago

Sure looks like this:

Mine broke off too and I never even knew it!

#9947 2 years ago

Adding to @hd60609's comment, it would go here:

#9951 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

That's it! Thanks hd60609 and mbwalker for your help! I will reach out to Stern regarding the piece.

Glad to help! If you didn't notice - the part number was on the first SnipIt I posted.

1 month later
#10157 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Hey all! Considering buying a Pro model, as it is in my price range and has low plays. I’ve only played a Premium and loved it, missed my chance to the the B&W when they were still in production which is really the only Premium that I would want. The lower playfield is super fun to me, but I’m wondering if the Pro is good enough to scratch the itch. I’m not willing to pay the prices for used premiums these days. I love the artwork on the Pro, so maybe it checks enough boxes to make up for the loss of the lower playfield? IDK I’ve been a Munsters fan since I was a kid watching reruns with my dad so I think any version of the machine would do it for me.

I own a Pro, but recently played a Prem on location. Can't say I was thrilled by the lower PF, especially the smaller balls. Not trying to rain on the Prem owners tho.

Any chance you can play a Pro near you?

#10165 2 years ago
Quoted from Sling_shot:

...I also noticed the problem with the left wire rail bending (see post #9999 etc.) and was able to get the 3D printed parts made and installed with no problem. Also installed a full cliffy set and custom apron cards that I made in Photoshop using a spot colour/B&W technique to match the artwork. The machine is really underrated on this site. Dare I say, "Bolted to the floor"?
[quoted image][quoted image]

When I printed the rail support for my Pro, I rotated it 90 degrees so the layers were vertical (i.e. perpendicular to the rail). I was worried about the layers being parallel to the rail, causing the print to eventually split. Not sure if it makes any difference, just more of FYI. Had mine in for maybe a year, so far, so good - but don't play everyday.

3 weeks later
#10241 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think you're right. But when you have to work in a dark bar, doing a full "shop" job sucks. So I'll save the full kits for when I can work with the owner and yank the game out quick. However with fewer rubbers it should be an "easy" install Thanks for the heads up!
The vuk switch did break though. the leg broke off INSIDE the switch, so I couldn't even Operator hack it to work :/ ordered a few so I have some on hand. And got the flipper rubbers as batman and JP stock flipper rubbers were literally mostly split but barely holding on.

Might want to look into the 3D printed rail protector mentioned not long ago in this thread. Keeps the long rail to the left of Herm from bending. Plus I zip-tied the opto wires next to the rail too, the opto's a common failure. I understand this is routed, might save you a trip back tho.

#10243 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Was that even after the stern kit for the opto failure on the left ramp, and Herman protector?
Edit: here is the 3d printed post for reference
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/204#post-6461771

There's a rail support posted on Thingiverse, I've a printed a few for Munsters owners. Opto cover too, but I haven't used the cover myself. If you get around to swapping the rubbers, might be a good time to put in a rail support.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887

1 week later
#10251 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Got a b/w premium inbound soon; looking for Mezel Mods sewer ring if someone has one available? Currently out of stock fromMezel. Also, for any b/w owners that have plastic protectors installed...did you go with clear protectors or green? First thought clear made the most sense, then wondered what the green would look like on a b/w.

Any plans to swap out the stock rubbers with color ones? That's likely what I would think about when going w/the green protectors (i.e. would the green clash?)

2 weeks later
#10301 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Cancel the super jackpots until you get a bunch ready to go and get the multiplier up.

Does cancelling carry over from ball to ball?

#10305 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Yes it carries over. I tried to see how far I could push it and got a super of 87mill once. There was lots of cancellations during multiballs. You got to really listen out for that super jackpot sound during the chaos.

Good to know, was never sure.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or keep an eye out for the button to start flashing red.

Yep, plus the it's pretty easy to catch the music and video for a prompt too. I usually cancel but normally would try to cash in before the ball ended.

4 weeks later
#10323 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I broke the Herman plastic on my machine a few weeks back at which point I contacted Stern for a replacement...they sent one free of charge but along with the plastic was included this smaller stainless plastic protector...I believe this will not only protect the fragile Herman plastic but also keep the wire-form from bending and protect that opto. It think this will eliminate the need for that 3D printed block. I had not seen this mentioned here so I thought I would post it. I have to credit Stern with some great customer support here especially to include the upgrade.
[quoted image]

How does that stop the wireform from bending?

Cool of Stern to send that to you. Did you buy Munsters new?

#10325 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

The stainless protector fits bl

The stainless plastic protector prevents the ball from bending the wire-form.
[quoted image]

Thanks! From the original picture, it looked like just a plastic protector (the kind that sits right under the plastic).

#10330 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How did you contact Stern? Want for my LE

Quoted from FtrMech:

I just went out to their website and sent an e-mail...https://sternpinball.com/support/

Just requested one thru Stern this AM via the support link on their web page. They shot me an email rather quickly asking for the shipping info which I sent. Excellent service by Stern regarding this matter.

FYI, you'll need to supply the pin's serial number when filling out the short online form.

1 month later
#10631 2 years ago

I 3D printed the fan cooler, but I'm waiting on connectors so I wired it to an external supply. The power supply 'jet engine' fan never turned on. Nice and quiet!

#10650 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Thanks guys! I will look at the wire form and see if it is bent. As a temp fix, I super glued the round part of the opto to the metal ramp and also the opto boards bottom to the wireform. I tested it and it works now! I haven't played the game yet but it seems to be a solid temp fix. I can undo this quick fix easily when I get the right parts. Who sells the 3d printed parts?

I printed and installed the 3D part maybe a year ago, no issues (but home use). The other thing I did was to use some of those little zip tie things to secure the wires so they can't move around if by chance they get hit (unlikely).

#10724 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Update: I thought I had solved the problem using a different spring that I thought would provide a little more strength to the door return but that has already failed after just a few minutes - back to square one. Pictured is the clock door stuck half way out as before, and the spring I tried as a replacement to the broken original one. Believe I need a stiffer spring that will close the door better. Any suggestions (part number would be helpful) would be appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So have you looked at exactly why it stays open? I mean, is it caught on anything or a burr somewhere causing it to hang up? Or if you push it closed with your finger, does it just need an extra little bit of help?

#10727 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

It just seems to need extra help. I don’t think it is catching on anything. I believe a stiffer spring would be in order.

In my neck of the woods, the Do It Best and Ace hardware stores carries a HUGE selection of screws/bolts/nuts/springs/misc gizmos, etc. Maybe you can try one of those places to find a spring better suited.

1 month later
#11029 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Thanks , I will have a play around with the file.

I downloaded the files and noticed they were solid, so I went into TinkerCad and hollowed one out (reversed it for the example below). I'm out of translucent filament, so was just fooling around for now.

Some red translucent would be neat! A translucent resin print would be even better.

1 week later
#11078 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Had a play around and printed the below in a PLA translucent filament. The remixed print is hollowed out and slides directly over all of the existing coloured flashers and designed to clear the 2 screws securing the current flashers. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! I've made 3D mods for myself and friends and one thing I try to do is make the mods easy to install (i.e. slip on). So kudos to you for being able to slip over the existing flashers!

Not long ago, I 3D printed a raptor for my JP Pro that hides the original flat plastic raptor. I printed a fence that the raptor was 'breaking thru'. I didn't actually print the raptor itself, I bought that for a few bucks at a hobby store and made a mounting hole in the fence that his tail slipped thru and hot glued it in place. A few small holes at the base for mounting the fake plants (hides the original raptor flat plastic) and some hobby wire from Walmart for the 'busted fence' part...and done. Slips right over the original plastic.

In case you've missed it - there's a rather active 3D printing thread here on Pinside.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11083 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

That is very well done. Innovative ! I will check out the 3D printing threads.
I have submitted the print on the Thingiverse site, the link is below.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5322682

Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

That looks great!

Thanks guys, that was a fun mod!

I've been trying to find a nice Thingiverse Munsters file I could mod for some '3D speaker' grilles. I made some for JP that I think turned out pretty decent.

Just can't find any good Munsters stl files tho. Here's the JP grilles:

Sorry - don't mean to turn this into the 3D thread.

#11093 2 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

I would absolutely hot glue a small, round steel ball on the top. It will look 1000x better.

Quoted from oldpins:

Yes I agree with you. I could amend the top for the ball to rest in.

That would be a great finishing touch. Wonder if you could find a nice looking plastic ball bearing that would be easy to drill into? Bronze or copper would be easy too. Maybe find something at a hobby store?

Edit: Something like this?

Or this for an old school look?

1 week later
#11119 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

This has likely been answered already in this thread, but can someone tell me if Munsters LE/Premium is a widebody or a standard body pin?
Thanks.
Gord

Standard

2 months later
#11299 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

... I don’t have a copy of the old code, otherwise I would give that a try...[quoted image]

Looks like I have 1.03 and 1.10 for the Pro. Holler if you need it.

4 months later
#11441 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I watched about 45 minutes of it and it’s absolutely horrible. The acting is awful the story is pitiful n so on. Just a mess in my opinion.

Quoted from Enchantress:

cabal just wondering if you think Rob Zombie did "The Munsters" justice with his recent remake? Personally haven't seen it yet, waiting for it to be free.[quoted image]

It's on Netflix now and available at RedBox. It's painful to watch, haven't made it past maybe 15-20 min.

1 month later
#11518 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

If anyone near west Michigan wants to trade their munsters pro for a Star Wars or mandalorian pro, please hit me with a PM.

PM sent.

5 months later
#11640 11 months ago
Quoted from Mutt:

i found him on ebay. here it is in the package.
The Munsters Grandpa Munster Little Big Heads 3.5” by Sideshow Toys 1999
[quoted image]

There's a free 3d model of Grandpa on thingiverse (if you have the 3D printer): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5959055

5 months later
#11708 6 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Switch leg broke and this is only 2-3 weeks old
I don’t even know what to try at this point
[quoted image]

Ditto on what northerndude said, catch the body of the switch and the legs w/the silicone. Not so much the wires.

You can also try a very small zip tie that catches the side of the microswitch screw heads and the two switch leads. You would be trying to keep things slightly in compression but not excessive, meaning if it's caused by the microswitch body vibration being different than the legs - they are now in unison (i.e. moving together).

Might not hurt to zip ties the two wires together too. And maybe even adding a 2nd zip tie down to the micro switch to hold the wires and switch together. Again, trying to keep everything moving in unison.

I sold my Minsters, so I can't personally check this out. It would be nice if someone could do a slow-mo video of video of the vuk firing so we can see how things move.

#11710 6 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

i had the problem on my pro, but since the hot glue on the switches it is solved. So i made the video on my LE to hope we can see more there:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQnEclrQi7cL0YSabtIAt5aF_w_pxb_R/view?usp=share_link

Thanks, that helps a lot. Sounds like the hot glue works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.