pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kilowog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8792 3 years ago

Hi everyone,
Slight change of topic, but has anyone had any experience with premium/custom balls in their Munsters pin? Something like this....

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-EYE

Is it a novelty for the first 10 plays and then the ball has flat spots or are they as good as "stock" pinballs long term?

Also, while we are here, would you recommend the carbon balls due to the magnet or is the "balls getting magnetized over time" more hype than reality.

Just going to sit back and place my bets on whether or not I started something that will make everyone want to go back to the "will there be new code" debate....

1 week later
#8833 3 years ago

Finally got my hands on a Munsters LE and love it. Have started modding it. I have the Grandpa mod, lit up Spot, put in some LED's to light up the very back of the playfield. Has anyone here put enough mods that use power on their machine that they needed one of the external power supplies that I see advertised on here from time to time? Is it worth it to get something like this or am I unlikely to ever put enough of an extra draw on the PSU to worry about it. Just wanted to see what the rest of you had run into in your modding journey.

Thanks!

#8835 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Lit up Spot??

Red LED's under the ramp.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher

Really like it and it gets your attention when he pops up.

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Is it simple to install?
Is it just changing an led bulb?
Thanks!

Very simple to install. Good directions.
It is a small strip of red LED's that stick to the top of the underside of the ramp. The only thing you need to be be careful of is sticking the LED strip far enough back to allow the ramp to close completely. Hooks into the existing flasher with alligator clips. It was about a 5 minute install.

Glad I did it.

1 week later
#8869 3 years ago
Quoted from jotunheim:

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but thought it would certainly be good to get some owner's opinions. I am considering getting this game for a cabin we have in northern Wisconsin. I only have room for one machine and this seems like a great title for all ages and skill levels, but mostly casual and probably a lot of 2 and 4 player games. Personally, I love the theme, artwork and lower playfield and don't care as much if it does not have the deepest code, especially since we won't be there all the time. Recommend? I absolutely want a newer machine for reliability, sound quality, modern lighting, etc. Thanks!

Absolutely agree with what the others have said. I almost let all the haters scare me away from this one until I had a chance to play it. The use case you described for this game is perfect. It plays great and unless you are planning on training on it for many hours a day, you won't get tired of it. The lights, sound, video, artwork, etc. is all top rate. You won't regret it!

#8882 3 years ago

I have been looking around for weeks for a topper, but can't find one anywhere. Is it expected that there will eventually be another batch of these produced? If anybody knows of someone with some stock, or you have one but are moving on to another pin and would be willing to sell it separately, please send a PM my way.

Thanks!

#8894 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Did you find one? Never seem to be in stock. I ordered one several weeks ago, got an email this week that they have been informed that Stern is discontinuing them. It wasn't a typical pinball retailer, so take that with a grain of salt.

Nope never found one or had anyone PM me. I don't have a reliable source to confirm or deny, but there sure doesn't seem to be anyone out there with any.

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Is the Munsters Topper worth it?

The Munsters is a long term keeper for me, so (to me) it is worth it. If it was a pin that was just "passing thru", it would be a tougher call. I'm just surprised that with all the "trading up to TMNT" someone doesn't have one that they would love to shift...

2 weeks later
#8936 3 years ago
Quoted from Kilowog:

I have been looking around for weeks for a topper, but can't find one anywhere. Is it expected that there will eventually be another batch of these produced? If anybody knows of someone with some stock, or you have one but are moving on to another pin and would be willing to sell it separately, please send a PM my way.
Thanks!

Everyone, thanks for all the help. A special shout-out to TonyScoots - and Jason over at ClassicGameRooms.com. They got me hooked up with a topper. Just wanted to close the loop.

#8937 3 years ago

So, on to the next mod..... Does anyone here have any experience with these LED flipper buttons?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=bb_lb_munsters

All the mods I have added to date I think have "improved" the game. I saw these and thought they were kind of neat, but I don't know that I had really looked at the flipper buttons and thought "This needs to be improved". If folks here have them on any of their pins (Munsters or otherwise) I would love to know your thoughts/opinions on:

Did it add to the overall look and feel?
Was it easy to find power? Where did you pull it from?
Looking back, was it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

#8944 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So throwing this in here. What's the current scoop with this game? Any you tube reviews are old and not positive. Has the game improved with code updates. Considered a pro but never gone further because other than art I've never heard a positive word about it.

I'm a big fan. In my 50's, so I have a connection with the show. I'm a pinball enthusiast, but would have to be labeled a "casual" player. With all the work-from-home, this is down in the basement with my office. It is great to play a quick game if I need to get up and stretch or need to get away from things for 15-20 minutes. It is a fast / fun game. It also has a simple ruleset. For me that is a plus, but if you are looking for a deep game, this isn't going to be the one for you. By that same token, JP (while an epic game) isn't what I am looking for. I haven't encountered any bad code related bugs in normal play (v1.0.3)

Also for reference, my daughter and her boyfriend moved in when they escaped NY city back in the early days of the lockdown. The boyfriend had never heard of the Munsters, but really enjoys the game. We have family competitions sometimes and they will come down in the late afternoon to get in a few games. They love the machine and understand what they are trying to do. Get LILLY going, go to Grandpa's lab, get the multiplier up with Kitty etc. More things to do, modes to activate wouldn't make it more fun for them. The game has a good sense of humor and comes across as fun, art is amazing, and it shoots well. Let the haters hate..... This one will be with me for years to come. If this kinda fits what you are looking for you won't be disappointed. If you want something deep and that you will have to really work at to beat, keep looking.

11 months later
#10153 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I printed from my color inkjet printer on 4x3 photo paper, let it dry, then cropped it. There are instructions in the thread. It's not that hard

I took the images to CVS and had them professionally print them on photo paper and then cut them to the correct size. Seems like it ran be about 3 bucks and I have some extras now in case I ever need them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kilowog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=kilowog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.