IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jnyvio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9113 3 years ago

Hey guys....

New member here, i'm really luving my Munsters Premium B&W edition. I'm a huge fan of the show. I just had to have this one. I have a "ton" of mods coming.

Anyways..... I was hoping to upgrade the 4" speakers to Kenwoods 5.25" KFC-1366S as used in the Limited Edition.

I found out the hard way that Kenwood has changed the Kenwood Tweeter logo that ws located on the bottomside of the equally round tweeter. The Kenwood tweeter logo is now located on the topside of the tweeter and is of a larger more awkward design which is better suited to the car stereo industry rather then the pinball industry.

Worst news of all is that both versions of this speaker are now sharing the "exact same box". As i found this out the hard way with an eBay purchase.

If any vendor has a new pair of the correct Kenwoods KDC-1366S in stock please contact me.

*Images attached for further clarification.

Thank you!

20201021_205318 (resized).jpg20201021_205318 (resized).jpg20201021_223538 (resized).jpg20201021_223538 (resized).jpg20201021_223633 (resized).jpg20201021_223633 (resized).jpg20201021_224012 (resized).jpg20201021_224012 (resized).jpg
#9117 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Does it have the same part number on the back of the speaker? It looks like someone pulled a sneaky and put some KFC-1365S in the KFC-1366S box.

Hi, Thank you for replying... Your 100% right!! Someone switched the speakers and put KFC-1365S in the KFC-1366S box.. It was a seller on eBay.. He said they were new so i thought perhaps there were two versions.. You called it!! I have the correct ones coming from crutchfield.. Btw.. I decided to delete my post so not to add any mis-information or confusion.. Thanks again, much appreciated.

#9128 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love the lower and it's the best lower playfield in all of pinball in my opinion. It gives you an extra mode which this game needs badly as we all know and it's just fun. It just seems like it completes the game to me. With that being said though the pro is no dog at all and I enjoyed my play on the pro quite a bit. I got the black and white premium and it is STUNNING! I have no regrets at all and I love the theme and this pin will never be for sale. John Borg did a great job on this game, too bad Dwight didn't. What he did was good but there needs to be a little bit more.

Well said, i also went with the B&W Premium edition.. The B&W playfield is simply gorgeous and really plays tribute to the original series.. It would not surprise me if the B&W edition ends up holding the most value down the road.. Considering there are far more colored versions out there between the LE & Premium Color..

As for all of the Elvira House of Horrors talk.. I agree its a nice looking active playfield and the popup gargoyles hitting the glass is a really cool concept.. However, I'm not a big fan of the floating heads ontop of the video clips and IMO the Elvira screaming popup topper is kinda lame.. Not too much interaction.. I like how the Munsters Raven topper taunts the player.. It really is the coolest.. Don't get me wrong. If i could own both machines i would.

#9129 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I picked up my low play Le for a great price and haven’t looked back. Fun game at a great value currently. Now I just need stranger things to complete my quad spooky line up.
[quoted image]

Nicely done.. They all compliment one another.. Are you going to eventually lightup the speakers on the Munsters LE & Elvira HOH to complete the matchup?

#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from davej:

I saw the one at Great American, a bit steep for me right now. thanks

I paid $499 +Shipping +Tax.. It ended up being around $567.. However, i was told by the seller that this was the 2nd revision and that all the bugs were worked out from the 1st run.. I'm not sure how true this is but i can say mine works 100% perfect everytime.. He had just gotten 20 freshly built units in.. By the end of the week they were all sold.. This was a month ago.. And he's not getting anymore in.. If you really want one.. You should buy it before someone else does.. And good luck finding one once its gone.. Is it pricey, Yes.. But its not like there is a hundred or so around.. I would jump on it.. Seriously, its so worth it... Everyone that comes over and sees it goes crazy over it.. Here's a quick video of it on YouTube.

#9167 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I gave this some serious thought...I just don't see it, I can afford it, but still can't justify the increase now that it is working. To those that have it..all good wishes..
$667.00 ?? it's a no, because nothing has changed (other then it is supposedly working now).
The bugs worked out... cost even more then it was released at??...really?? wow. Why do "we" need to pay for that???
Somehow this just seems shaky at best. We are supposed to pay more for sterns inability to do it right the 1st (and even 2nd time ) ??
Go ahead and hit me... but, this just stinks.
Plz explain to me why the increase in cost (because of them releasing it "NOT" working as expected the 1st time) should be a increase to the consumer..Now?
Guess it is our fault, for wanting it to work right..and the fix is now added to the cost.

My bad... I just looked at my receipt... I paid $499.. +Tax, +Shipping.. $567 total.

*I came across this cool Munsters lightup sign if anyone's interested..

https://fansignstime.com/the-munsters-led-neon-sign?93=8&159=6&gclid=Cj0KCQjw59n8BRD2ARIsAAmgPmJBY2JyR7CXM5N2nMoM3-z6sDbRKmZyvP0XEoFk0Us5FABBalCG4wsaAuzxEALw_wcB

#9172 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Saw over 40 new posts and thought maybe there was new code.
Munsters topper is awesome. Really complements the game well. If you have the game and want the topper I wouldn’t wait too long to get one. Can’t imagine Stern is going to bother to make more.

Well said!! lol How cool that would have been if Stern was to pay homage to The Munsters and have new code released by Halloween.

#9174 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I will be the only one that is mad since I have difficulty downloading code and gorditas is taking care of me tomorrow lol

Its easy to update the games code.. There are several YouTube videos on it.. Just use a brand name usb stick such as SanDisc.

#9177 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

He doesn't have a computer. It is rather difficult to do without a computer to unzip the file and then transfer to a USB stick.
I do have a computer, and was willing to load the code to a USB stick for him and drop it in the mail.

That's very nice of you.. I'm sure he'll send it back.. The YouTube video is useful in showing him what to do with the usb stick once its obtained by you.

#9182 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Anyone add any lighting to the Munsters pro? Rather dark playfield. Not interested in Pinstadiums, just a couple spotlights perhaps...

I have the Premium B&W.. I litup the rear entrance/exit ramps in Purple & Green.. And did the Red S•P•O•T flasher ramp mod.. However, if your looking to add even more color.. Pinmonk sells this "Amazing" D•R•A•G•U•L•A mod for all versions.. I just ordred it.. It changes the plain White D•R•A•G•U•L•A lightup letters to a more colorful Orange & Yellow.. It really complements the L•I•L•Y letters on the opposite side of the playfield.. Check it out.. I also ordered the Sewage Pipe 3D mod.. They just came back in stock.

*3D Sewage Pipe mod;

https://mezelmods.com/products/the-munsters-pinball-sewage-pipe

*S•P•O•T ramp flasher mod;

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher

*Rear Ramp lightup kit;

https://mezelmods.com/products/the-munsters-pinball-ramp-illumination

*D•R•A•G•U•L•A mod;
https://pinmonk.com/products/the-munsters-d-r-a-g-u-l-a-bracket?_pos=1&_sid=83d8a9cc3&_ss=r
20201028_172404 (resized).jpg20201028_172404 (resized).jpg
20201028_173310 (resized).jpg20201028_173310 (resized).jpg

20201028_173709 (resized).jpg20201028_173709 (resized).jpg
20201028_174503 (resized).jpg20201028_174503 (resized).jpg

#9187 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Raised to $800 now.

Someone of good intelligence could just buy their "used LE flloor model" for "only" $10,000 +Tax, +Shipping, +Handling, +Holiday Pay, +Mint Condition Floor Model Fee, +No Box Fee, +Already Has a Topper Fee+, +Installation of Topper Fee, +Heart Attack Fee when you see the pending Invoice. . (Yes i'm being sarcastic)..

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/munster-s-pinball-machine-le
20201029_104738 (resized).jpg20201029_104738 (resized).jpg

#9191 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve got them on mine too and think they really add to the look and feel of Munsters.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Gotta luv SPOT's can of Doggie Din Din!! Another great mod..

20201029_133555 (resized).jpg20201029_133555 (resized).jpg20201029_133624 (resized).jpg20201029_133624 (resized).jpg

20201029_220114 (resized).jpg20201029_220114 (resized).jpg
#9193 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Had Halloween party and Munsters was the hit of the night! Still so many cool and fun Munsters show clips could be added. Come on Dwight, please!

I actually sent an email to Stern's tech support the other day.. I mentioned Dwight Sullivan and George Gomez.. I asked if 1.03 code was the final code.. But I doubt anyone will reply.. I'm nobody to these guys.. I agree, so many more good clips to be added..

*Hey guys.... How about the episode where eddie calls out ZOMBO as a big fake!! That was one of my favorites!! Which ones do you guys like??

20201031_100912 (resized).jpg20201031_100912 (resized).jpg

#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Unrelated to Munsters, I’ve sent two very respectful emails to Stern expressing a couple of concerns about another title and never got a response. It’s pretty disappointing. It also feels a bit arrogant to me. Anyway....

That's too bad.. A great company like Stern... Having their employees forgetting where they came from... Well i guess i won't be holding my breathe waiting for a reply.

#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Sounds like Stern should just close down their email system like other companies- that would make things easier for them....

How about they just hire a dedicated customer relations rep to handle the messages as they see fit. That's what large companies seem to be doing these days.. I would think it would "not be" in Stern's best interest to treat loyal customers like garbage. I think we can all agree to that.

#9209 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed, there should definitely be more code updates for Munsters. Still at 1.03 and TMNT is at 1.22! Really Munsters was left at 1.0 with only 2 meaningful updates since release, as the .03 updates were three topper related. Most know that I’ve been harping on getting a real meaningful Munsters code update for quite sometime. I’ve never asked for any more code on the other many Stern’s I’ve purchased. It’s not fair of Dwight/Stern to leave it as an abandoned stepchild, when it cost the same as the rest that get many meaningful code updates.
I did receive an answer from John Borg that he felt Munsters needed more in the way of call outs and more love to the Munsters show material. The code is good the way it is, just way too shallow in many people’s opinions for the home environment. That’s why a “worst code ever” thread was created and the very reason Munsters is #87 in the top 100, while it hits on every cylinder, except enough depth of code show material. It could be so much more, if a little time was spent beefing it up to what we’ve paid for, like all other Stern games receive. Please Dwight @xavery, give Munsters the same care you give all your other fabulously coded games.
Munsters would and should be a top 10 game if the code was at that level. There really isn’t a much better shooter than Munsters or prettier art work. Lack of show material code depth and modes is the only thing holding it back. (Good on Spooky for giving needed code updates to their customers.)

A Couple of suggestions....

What about starting a petition.. lol But seriously, there's probably enough of us here to atleast start and keep going a new Munsters code request thread.. I mean keep it going "every day".. And once it really gets rolling have all members email the request link to Stern on the same set day.

Or....

We can organize everyone in favor of new Munsters code.... Then choose a day, and have all of us email Stern all at once with the request.

#9212 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Emailing them is about the only thing we can do, besides asking our distributors to engage Stern in requesting updated Munster code love. I email Stern about this issue from time to time. Would be great if others joined in too. I keep my emails nice, as I think we catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Besides the current code experience of Munsters is quite good, just needs more of it.
Stern does (by in large) the best in the industry and without them, there would almost be no industry. Sometimes people fail to remember that any other companies release schedule would almost leave this hobby with not much to discuss, since the others release only 1 machine, about every 2 years.
Here are the email addresses to request Munsters code updates:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
More Munsters code love really is worth pursing for such a great franchise and should endure the test of time, if given the chance.

A Big Thank you for the direct email addresses.. I will be using them for sure.. And i encourage others to use them as well.

Btw.... So i take it that Stern does not monitor or participate in this forum? I find that so hard to believe.. What a shame.

#9213 3 years ago

Thank you... I didn't even know that post existed (Favorite added).. I will save the direct link as well.. If members don't keep posting these threads fall off and disappear.

#9227 3 years ago

*Update.... I sent a new code request along with your link to Dwight's email;
[email protected]

I will let you guys know if Dwight replies or not.. I'm remaining positive.. Fingers crossed.. Lets bring "The Munsters" family back to life once again!

Thank you..

20201101_132438 (resized).jpg20201101_132438 (resized).jpg

#9249 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Yes he always defended our beloved Munsters--so sad..

My condolences R.I.P. Who-Dey. Lets push for new Munsters code on his behalf.. Who's with me..

#9254 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, let’s push it forward for Who-Dey.

I just emailed Dwight Sullivan again.. New code will benefit everyone... Even the naysayers!

[email protected]

#9260 3 years ago

12 Life Lessons.....

#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Good for you, so please when a new code drop, Don't install it as you are happy where it sits now!
The rest of us are waiting for a code to make Munsters better than it sits atm.

Best reply of the night.. Well said!!

#9286 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

really strange, I went to try and find the deadflip video he did on Apr 15, 2020 and it is gone. I remember him talking about how he thought he was getting new code for that video and then just played for a bit. Only the reveal streams are on youtube and nothing munsters on twitch anymore. I thought he got pretty far into the game that night as I watched for a while. I've been to munster madness 2 a few times now and it's harder but just more of the same. I didn't get to level 2 of mm2 where it switches to jackpots. Playing it didn't feel very different at all but I'm now going to test it tonight and will even video it and put it up here. A little rules exploration to fill in the gaps.

That would be great.. Looking forward to your video.

*This is a good one;

#9291 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weird. Seems like level 3 it’s only Lilly that’s lit and you collect all the yellow shots, then it goes to the hurry up phase like MM II then that’s it.

If it matters... This video was Published on Jul 3rd, 2019 and the code he was playing on was an older version (v1.00).

#9296 3 years ago

Here's the video. This really is an exploration video as I really didn't understand the rules around munster madness 2/3. Now that I do my opinion has not changed. It's basically shoot the family member as if starting mode, collect bonus that means nothing, which then starts hurry up mode. Once hurry up is done choose another family member to collect and repeat. Eddie seems to be the most benefit for the modes to go for first. The hurry ups are, as far as I can tell, always the ramps/orbits. So get really good at the ramp/orbit shots on this game as they are what you go for most often.

MM1 is around 10 minutes, MM2 around 20, and MM3 around 35 or so I think.
One thing I did test is the get grandpa ready, start spot, and then start grandpa to stack them. It works on each trip to munster madness. Stack lily with them and it's a really fast way to get 3x kitty shot going into the lucrative multiballs.

Nicely done.. Thank you!

2 weeks later
#9308 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for that Cotton. I’m still in the camp Stern will do the right thing by Munsters and give us a little more, because it deserves it. Not that the code isn’t good now, but if they put just a little more effort into Munsters, it would save @xavery Dwight’s reputation as well as give Stern more sales in the future and good will to the Stern community in general. (Know of numerous people that will not buy a Dwight coded game because of his lack of love given to Munsters, with only 2 real meaningful updates since it was first released. I’m not in that camp, as I think he’s one of the best coders out there, he just needs to come up to the plate and hit a grand slam for Munsters. Munsters even has a code suggestion thread setup for him to take ideas from. Don’t know of any other machine that has one of those.) There is no rhyme or reason for Munsters to be in the basement top 100 wise at #87, except for code not being as full in call outs, modes and show material as most all people are expecting.
Was just listening to Ep. 17 of the Pinball Show Midweek and Craig stated he too thinks Munsters customers deserve more than just a couple meaningful updates. Franchi asked in one of his recent podcast, “what can we do Dwight to convince you to give Munsters more love”? Let’s face it, because of Dwight’s lack of code love, Munsters is always the whipping boy for any derogatory comments concerning pinball code in almost any thread. Certainly my TMNT at 1.23 has been given extreme code love by Dwight. He has made sure TMNT code is epic and it is! If Dwight would only make half that effort for Munsters, most people would be happier and jump on the Munsters bandwagon and it would rise significantly on the top 100. Munsters should be a top 10 game, after all Monster Bash is number 3!
Think emailing will help get the point across. It should never be done in an annoying way, but complementary. I’ve headed up a worldwide company in 40 countries and unless we receive email with issues in them, they never get addressed, because we have no idea how our customers feel on any given product issue, unless they reach out to us. Emailing without permission is good protocol and we deal with each and every customer, which is far larger than what Stern has to deal with. Many many times Stern’s numbers. Pinball is a very small niche market, but Stern has been very responsive to any email I’ve sent, which is not that many anyway. I get over 3,000 email a day addressed to me personally. Do I find that annoying??? Not at all, because these are my valued customers and I wish to know how to serve them better. This has always set my company apart from all the ones struggling out there, people know we will take care of their concerns. We have had a very high success rate because of it. So I completely disagree with Chuckwurt’s premise (do think you add many good comments Chuckwurt, just not on this subject).
Just look at how fantastic this underrated ultimate toy in all of pinball is: the lower playfield is a complete machine in and of itself! It is so fun to shoot with so much to do and accomplish. My wife loves to play Munsters because she feels like she is doing something by hitting the dungeon scoop and then going to the basement for action with pinballs that never drain. Genius how Borg set that up. Can’t think of a better main toy in all of pinball. Interesting how some don’t realize and appreciate it for what it is and does.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WoW..... That was a great wtiteup Thunderbird!! Tnx!!

#9315 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm going to be adding a lot of "Munsterous" mods soon and at different times... I need some advice.. Are you guys taking out the normal balls as well as the smaller (grandpa's laboratory) balls every time you pickup the playfield?? And does this really matter??

#9318 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Has anyone experienced a lower PF flipper kind of acting like a coil stop is not fully working? Meaning when a ball hits the flipper, the flipper kind of bounces a quarter of an inch or so, not remaining fully stiff to receive and relaunch the ball? What is the fix for that?? Does it need a new spring, as I checked the coil stop; it seems to be fined? Or is the coil faulty somehow?

Hi, Thank you for tip about the rag in the shooter lane!

As for your issue... Check out this video on the lower playfield flipper fix.. It may solve your problem.

#9324 3 years ago

Thanksgiving at the Munsters..

1 week later
#9346 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hello Munster's fans, I just installed the gold balls from Back Alley, WOW these are cool in my Munster's black @ white premium game

I bet they would go great in a Willy Wonka pinball machine as they could easily pass for little golden eggs. lol

#9347 3 years ago

Guys... I noticed that the right sided White light in grandpa's laboratory does not light up at all when i enter grandpa's laboratory during game play.. However, when i'm not in grandpa's laboratory and playing the regular playfield the light will come on flashing with all the other lights... Any suggestions??

20201205_002332 (resized).jpg20201205_002332 (resized).jpg

#9356 3 years ago

To anyone with the Optional HD glass or Limited Editon model how much better is the HD glass... Is it really worth it.. I have lightup upgraded 5.25" limited edition speakers (i upgraded my sub aa well) and the backbox speakers reflect like crazy! Will the HD glass upgrade resolve this??

20201205_164829 (resized).jpg20201205_164829 (resized).jpg
#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Really depends on how much you love your game. Purists may tell you "Who cares? Just play it." They don't usually mod their games, they leave them close to stock.
I love the additional fun this hobby supplies, beyond just playing. I love modding games, tastefully though. And I love the HD glass. I think it's worth it. I think it really cuts down on reflections. It make the playfield pop! Super clear. It's expensive, but if you have the extra money, go for it. I have ColorDMDs and HD glass/Invisiglass on almost every game we own.
Just make sure you don't clean it with Windex! You want something ammonia free. Sparkle Glass cleaner works great. In fact, I took all the Windex out of the basement, just in case my wife or kids decides to help out and start cleaning!

Sounds good... I'll probably purchase it after the holidays.. And yes I only use the good glass cleaner.. I agree, windex is awful.. I will also check out PDI.. Thanks.

#9362 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Sounds good... I'll probably purchase it after the holidays.. And yes I only use the good glass cleaner.. I agree, windex is awful.. I will have to check out PDI.. Thanks.

#9383 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

+1 PDI looks outstanding on the black and white Premium, my mate has it on his and it looks incredible!

I'm taking your advice.... I just ordered the PDI glass for my B&W Premium. Thanks for the feedback.

#9385 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

And its the color premium - not the B&W premium ...

I think the Premium B&W will end up holding the most value. I'm glad i purchased mine when they were available.

#9387 3 years ago

I did few more minor mods.. I added green cabinet leg protectors with black bolts along with black nylon washers.. I also added lightup flipper buttons in green & white (They can also be set to flash but i thought it was too much).. It gives a nice pop to the B&W Premium.. And then I finished it off with a really cool looking green eyeball shooter rod.

20201208_124859 (resized).jpg20201208_124859 (resized).jpg

#9398 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I have been trying for several weeks to buy a Premium, got in touch with every distributor I could think of, no luck... I did find a couple of Pros, but no Premium seems to be left unallocated.
If anyone knows otherwise please let me know!

I sent you a PM.

#9404 3 years ago

To anyone interested in modding the Premium Black & White edition but find the mods color is more brown toned for the colored versions look no further. I use the Angelus Metalic Pewter and Black to color match my mods to my Premium Black & White edition and so far the results are very good. Below is a before and after images of the 1313 Lampost and 1313 door knocker (Which, IMO, looks 100x better to the left of the coin slots by itself than on the shooter rod housing).

20201209_142928 (resized).jpg20201209_142928 (resized).jpg20201209_151749 (resized).jpg20201209_151749 (resized).jpg20201209_152742 (resized).jpg20201209_152742 (resized).jpg20201209_152811 (resized).jpg20201209_152811 (resized).jpg

20201209_154143 (resized).jpg20201209_154143 (resized).jpg

20201209_151841 (resized).jpg20201209_151841 (resized).jpg

#9407 3 years ago

Could someone here with a "Limited Edition model" go into the service menu, then utilities, then volume, and then scroll to backbox speaker 4ohm or 8ohm, and then scroll to cabinet speaker 4ohm or 8ohm and tell me what the defaults are....... I installed the 5.25" Kenwood Limited Edition speakers and there 4ohm, but my default setting was 8ohm, same for the subwoofer.. It was set to 8ohm by default.. My replacement subwoofer is 4ohm as well.. I'm just wondering if 8ohm is the default regardless of installed speaker. Tnx

#9423 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I've got my B&W premium with a 100% working topper and it's not going anywhere. Haters gonna hate... and I don't give a rats.

Same here (B & W premium) and my topper works 100% perfect every time. I couldn't be anymore satisfied with the purchase. Plus all of my friends and family just love playing it. The way the raven topper taunts the player is simply Priceless!!

#9426 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Yes, 8 OHM is (DEFAULT)
High/low shelf (DEF)
250 HZ (DEFAULT)
+6 DB backbox bass gain
4 KHZ backbox treble Frequency
+3 DB backbox treble gain
250 HZ cabinet bass freq
+6 repeats same numbers
+4
+3

Thank you!!

Just for reference... After I upgraded my Premium B&W to the 5.25" LE Kenwood speakers I was not sure on the ohms setting as the 5.25" LE Kenwood speakers are rated at 4ohms but the setting from the factory is 8ohms (exactly the same as the 4" Premium B&W speakers I replaced). Somewhere it was noted that the backbox speakers were wired in parallel. So i'm guessing the 8ohm stock setting makes up for that. I did switch it to 4ohms and it sounded awful and I lost about 30% volume.

#9463 3 years ago

I believe Mike at Pinballs.com in CT has a brand new Munsters Topper in stock for $750.

http://pinballstore.tripod.com/munsters-pinball-machine.html

20201214_095507 (resized).jpg20201214_095507 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9471 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

I recently bought a used LE with topper. Can someone explain problems with their topper and is there a fix? After my second game, I noticed the clock would not stop spinning. Thanks!

I can only say i have no issues with mine.. Some guy on youtube was complaining that the door didn't swing open a 100% everytime... Only like 85% and better... lol.. Give me a break guy! I couldn't stop laughing.... The door opens and works just fine.. It is code controlled.. The better the code.. The better it will perform.. So make sure your on the latest code 1.03.. And MAKE SURE you set the correct time and date in service menu... The raven pops out on the hour... It does not give any half hour times.. Hence the one hand.. Its just like the tv show.. You can make the clock hand keep spinning if you haven't started a game yet.. And just by hitting the right flipper button. Just enjoy it.. LE With Topper!! You made a great purchase. Welcome to the 1313 club.

#9472 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Look what Santa has brought me
[quoted image]

That's great!! You must have been on the nice list.. Happy holidays..

#9475 3 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Huge code drop for just about every other new Stern but Munsters....seriously Stern, wtf

You beat me to it!! I was all excited seeing an "Enjoy Holiday Code" email from Stern to only read it and see we got SCROOOOGED!! No Munsters on the code list!!
20201222_195728 (resized).jpg20201222_195728 (resized).jpg

20201222_195706 (resized).jpg20201222_195706 (resized).jpg
#9479 3 years ago

Hi, is anyone else here having trouble with the ball hanging up on the pop bumper where the purple light is located?? My machine is perfectly level all directions its not that...

20201223_124426 (resized).jpg20201223_124426 (resized).jpg

#9481 3 years ago

Adjust the sensitivity of the pop bumper. I had to make that one really sensitive but no more hangups there.

Ok, cool... What menu is it under... And what is name of the pop bumper in that location? And what sensitivity setting did you settle on.. Thnk you

#9483 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

You have to make a physical adjustment to the pop bumper's spoon switch under the playfield, unfortunately it's not as simple as a menu adjustment. The contact gap on the leaf switch that's part of the spoon switch assembly has moved too far apart. You'll need to adjust them so that they're closer.

Ok.. I will give that a try. Thank you.

#9485 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I assume you've lifted the playfield before to work on things. If not, I always remove the balls from the trough so they don't go spilling out of the trough and end up raining down on your playfield when you lift it. I also turn the power to my games off so that I don't accidentally short something out. This is a Jersey Jack pop bumper video, but it explains the switch adjustment well starting at about the 6 minute mark. Good luck!

WoW..... What a Great video! I ordered the alignment tool.. A few things to check.. Thank you so much! I should be all set now.

#9487 3 years ago

New Code or not.... The Munsters wish everyone to have a very Happy Holiday!!

20201224_181204 (resized).jpg20201224_181204 (resized).jpg

#9497 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Here's a cheap, fairly quick mod you can do... add a light by the entrance and exit of the backboard. I put green bulbs in mine because i think it's probably very toxic in there!
I tried the code for the secret mania mode but didn't get it to work. The DMD did say "welcome to the munsters" right after the button sequence was entered. I had never seen that before. I guess I don't know how to start grandpa twice. How do you do that.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here's a Tip..... When i added the backlights i strategically placed black duct tape on the backside of the rails to block the distracting light bleed that was shooting out of the left and right corners.. It really worked out great.. Just look at the nice clean (light bleed free) corners i have.

20201228_134803 (resized).jpg20201228_134803 (resized).jpg20201228_134815 (resized).jpg20201228_134815 (resized).jpg

#9503 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just picked up a very nice pro a few days ago. Was scared to purchase because of typical pinside hate, I really like this one!! Very good fast flow, funny callouts and great sound affects. Hooked to a woofer really sounds great.

Congrats! Be sure to rate it. Every little bit helps.

#9540 3 years ago

Well I still hope new code comes out due to some remainding bugs... Most noted, when your in grandpa's laboratory... As the time winds all the way down on the digital timer and it "expires"..... Lilly's voice then says "Start The Machine" which makes no sense as there is no more time left and the balls have stopped appearing.

Anyone else have any bugs they would like to report. We should get a list started

#9542 3 years ago

I've reported the bugs I've seen numerous times. No clue if anyone got them. Lots of issue with multiple players and grandpa on the pro. Being able to stack grandpa and spot on the pro for instance. Things like that.

Ok, Thanks... Good to know.

1 week later
#9615 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Setup a new Munsters yesterday - it shows perfectly level - but, having an issue with the ball getting hung up around the bumper to the left of the Marilyn ramp on occasion - anyone else having that issue - and if so any potential solution? Thanks!
[quoted image]

You are not alone! My ball gets stuck there every game. I am 100% level N•S•E•W.. That POP bumper is adjusted super sensitive any tighter will close the circuit. I have been going back and forth with Pablo from Stern Support to no avail. I even moved the rubber washer up and down on the nearest post. No difference. Its really annoying at this point. I either bang the side of the machine to get the ball moving or wait til the POP bumper activates in about 10 seconds or so. At this point i pretty much gave up. The only option left is to replace that POP bumper.

20201222_182850 (resized).jpg20201222_182850 (resized).jpg20201223_124426 (resized).jpg20201223_124426 (resized).jpg20210117_013438 (resized).jpg20210117_013438 (resized).jpg
#9622 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

The ball does get hung up in the same spot once in a great while in our game as well. It has never bothered me for the occasional time that is sits there. If I'm lazy, I wait until the ball search, and the pop bumper kicks it out. If I'm impatient, I'll nudge the game until I get enough of a bounce to have it roll out.
Here is the solution that was posted by others and then used on our first NIB game, Stern Star Trek, when the ball found a dead spot in those pops.
[quoted image]
Just carefully place it on the playfield where you need to eliminate the "Dead Zone". I think I'll do this to our Munsters as well.

Hi, can you provide a link to the exact clear sticky buttons that everyone is using. I will give it a try.. Tnx!

#9627 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Our pro is losing the sound when I put playfield down after servicing. Last time it came back, now its not. I've removed sd card. Checked connections, cycled, Any ideas? Thx

I would put the playfield back up and at the very bottom check the two or three main harnesses that plug directly into the playfield coming from the head unit. I would unplug each one and then reseat it. See if this solves your issue. I believe there cable tied so you may have to clip a tie to two to free up the cables so you have the room you need to unplug and replug them. Sounds like possible intermittent stress onnone of the connectors. Check them all while your at it. Including the ones in the head unit.

1 week later
#9640 3 years ago

I have the same issue with the ball hanging up at the same pop bumper of the Upper playfield.. I have been back and forth with Stern's tech support for several months now.

Also, this is about the 5th time the smaller balls have gotten stuck in the lower playfield of grandpa's laboratory.. The first few times it got stuck ontop of the machine toy in the center. Then a second time it got stuck between the right shoot and the upper plastic playfield cover.. Then a third time it got stuck on the left shoot behind the wire rail. If you look at my posted image you can see the ball stuck on the left side. BTW... I have both, the lower flippers and the main flippers set to "Soft" and i'm perfectly level all directions.

*I have since installed this grandpa's laboratory ramp cover (see images) and it has stopped the ball from getting stuck on the right side. It comes with protective film on both sides that you need to remove. Highly recommend.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0093-00

20210131_215032 (resized).jpg20210131_215032 (resized).jpg

20210201_075440 (resized).jpg20210201_075440 (resized).jpg20210201_075150 (resized).jpg20210201_075150 (resized).jpg
#9660 3 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hello all, not an owner but I am debating it. I originally wanted to buy a NIB Munsters premium but believed the pinside hate about it and the distributor I went with talked me into a deadpool pro. It’s been 6 months and deadpool just isn’t for me. I have an opportunity to trade for a monsters LE and some cash on my end. It looks really fun to me and I love the idea of the mini playfield as it leaves the upper playfield open and less clunky and cluttered. I guess I am just looking to see if people who own it enjoy it.

Don't believe the hate.. Its mostly for the code and not the game itself. And most haters are upset that this be loved game hasn't gotten any new updates that it deserves. Its a great game as is. Would i luv to see an update sure. But i still enjoy the game and my friends luv playing it as well. The lower playfield is amazing... Its a game all its own and adds more depth. I can't ever see myself playing a munsters with out it as having it would be missed. As for the LE. Jump on it. The Limited Edition has Stern's HD glass. Stern's Shaker Motor. Plus LE 5.25" Speakers. All other versions on Munsters have none of that stuff unless you mod it like i have done to my Premium Black & White edition to add those extras. If you purchase it you must play it at 12:00am! You will be in for a nice treat! Good luck.

#9661 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Don't believe the hate.. Its mostly for the code and not the game itself. And most haters are upset that this be loved game hasn't gotten any new updates that it deserves. Its a great game as is. Would i luv to see an update sure. But i still enjoy the game and my friends luv playing it as well. The lower playfield is amazing... Its a game all its own and adds more depth. I can't ever see myself playing a munsters with out it as having it would be missed. As for the LE. Jump on it. The Limited Edition has Stern's HD glass. Stern's Shaker Motor. Colored side blade graphics. Plus 5.25" Speakers. All other versions on Munsters have none of that stuff unless you mod it like i have done to my Premium Black & White edition to add those extras. If you purchase it you must play it at 12:00am! You will be in for a nice treat! Good luck.

#9676 3 years ago

Hi..... This could very well be considered normal.... But i will ask anyways.. Would anyone here happen to know a way to "Quiet" down the main flippers. They seem very noisy, making a loud mechanical sound at every press of the flipper buttons. Tnx

#9679 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Better coil stops

Please elaborate.. Thank you.

#9686 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would you elaborate on buying better coil stops? I think they’re way too noisy as well. Where can we buy the most quiet ones?
Is there a way to make them even quieter?

I came across this buzzkill product. I emailed the seller to see if they fit our machine and stop the flipper clunk noise. Check out the video below.

https://www.pinballchaos.com/buzzkill

*Note from Seller;

"I have to re-shoot the video. The new 1/64” ones are thicker and only need one per flipper. The ones in the video were thinner and needed 2 in most cases."

*Update.... I did a Buzzkill search and a pinside page came up stating no longer for sale. So i guess this option is out. I doubt the seller will email me back.

#9688 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That stops the buzz, but I’m getting a lead from vireland that reduces flipper noise up to 50%. As soon as he gives me the link of where to buy, I’ll post it here or vireland could post it here for everyone to use, if they wish. Reducing flipper and pop bumper noise would be awesome in my house. Can’t play games at night with sleeping people, lol.

Ok, geeat.. Looking forward to it.

#9700 3 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Well it’s all set up in the game room, wow is all I can say. It’s beautiful and I think having an LE has ruined me lol. All the extra features are awesome. As far as gameplay, first game the wife played she looked at me and said the shots are smooth as butter. I agree with her. I only played a couple of games last night so I can’t give my full opinion but it seems awesome and I am glad to be part of the club.

Be sure to set the time/date in the service menu to make sure its correct.

*Then play it through 12:00am Midnight!! You'll be in for a Munsterous treat!!

#9704 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hi club members! It’s now getting old to have my Munsters shutting down during Munster madness multiball and resetting. Munsters is in bad need of some code polish, even if they don’t add some more code love. I’m sharing my letter I’ve sent and ask that you each might nicely do the same. Munsters needs some fixes in various areas, plain and simple. Stern owes that much to us.
Here is my letter and please add any game fixes needed you know of as well:
Hello Team Stern Pinball,
Been patiently waiting for an update to our fabulous Munsters Machine. It is in need of at least some maintenance, for errors in the code.
1. On ocassion during upper and lower playfield multiball, machine will suddenly shut down and reset itself.
2. Badly needs other various fixes in the code. This machine has never been polished and has flaws in various areas of the gameplay.
3. There is a 1/3 haze over the LCD screen when most anything from the show is playing.
4. Small fixes to the topper code and LCD game transitions need fixing.
5. Munsters needs universal code update to be inline with other updated machines, like Star Wars, which is an older game. Example: DJ mixer, front start button, and other universal code for newer games like Munsters.
This game has been badly neglected and needs some love and attention. The game resetting during gameplay is simply unacceptable and needs fixing. Please give our Munsters machine some code love, even if you’re not going to do the right thing by us owners and give it more show material and modes, which it badly deserves.
I’ve purchased many of your LEs and Munsters is the only one I’ve continued to ask for some additional code. All other machines get code love to exceed my expectations, such as TMNT. Munsters is the opposite of that code love. Please do the right thing by us owners that purchased early, knowing from Stern history that you always take care of us. That has not been the case for Munsters with only 2 meaningful updates since launch and I can’t figure out why???
Please do the right thing and at least give Munsters some polish and use more of the call outs that are already in the code, just sitting there dormant.
Please don’t stay silent on this like you have in the past.
A loyal customer of Stern,
If enough of us write in to customer service, maybe, just maybe Stern will do the right thing and take care of our machines with sorely needed code matinence. Please write to them.

(1) Your correct 100%... There is a left sided haze over a lot of the videos and its very distracting.... It has a perfectly cut half moon shape on the right side and fully covers over the rest of the video as from right to left.. At first i was thinking this is some sort of watermark for copyright protection?

(2) Also, when playing in grandpa's laboratory..... Everytime the counter hits 1-second and the game ends..... Lily's voice comes on "start the machine".... Well its too late as the lower game is over. ... This is very bothersome.

(3) The raven topper is missing a few coded interactions with the raven on the LED screen.

20210212_175053 (resized).jpg20210212_175053 (resized).jpg20210212_175406 (resized).jpg20210212_175406 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210212-175319_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210212-175319_Gallery (resized).jpg
#9715 3 years ago

I added images to my above post for further clarification of this issue.

#9716 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

well and there is the eddie jackpot scene.
sorry seen it one, you will never forget.[quoted image]

Is that real or photoshopped? I've never seen that one before. Cool.

#9722 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

for me it's real. It's no too visible but once recognized it it's burned into the brain and you will always look at it
but it could be i live in germany and from the differnt screen frequency it will not show elsewhere?
Maybe you could verfiy it if's only my machine.

Hi..... I've never seen the Eddie's Super Jackpot.. It looks cool in the Red / Orange coloring.. I think the only Super Jackpot i see is Blue and is Grandpa's.. I will have to be more observant.. I have the Black & White premium but that should not matter.. I will keep an eye out for your concerns with the Red lines going through the Eddie's Super Jackpot the next time i play (If i can get to it).. I will also check if the Red lines effects Grandpa's Super Jackpot as well.

#9724 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

It's only on eddies super jackpot. All others Jackpot videos are not affected. And the eddie jackpot is one i do not get that often.

Ok, i'll keep an eye out for it.... Just on Eddie's Super Jackpot.

#9728 3 years ago

Hey..... has anyone here added the baby pinstadium to Grandpa's lower laboratory? Your suppose to be able to change it to any color with their pinstadium app.

20210213_151111 (resized).jpg20210213_151111 (resized).jpg
#9731 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Yes I have them.... very nice... sure light up the lower playfield

Yea... Do you feel there really worth $159... I like them a lot but i think that's just tooo much unless they go on sale..

#9734 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Pin Stadiums are pricy...but only player in the game really. I waited for a sale

Oh, good idea... I can wait... How much was the sale price?

#9747 3 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Lol good going-Looks like the ghost of Elvis in the all white !!
-Get him made and painted cabal

Good goblings Scooby!! Its the Ghost of Elvis!! lol

3 weeks later
#9764 3 years ago

Somebody pinch me.. I must be dreaming!! This is great news!!

-And-

Darn!! Darn!! Darn!! Elvira gets new code!!

2 weeks later
#9794 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So what is the official fix for the ball hitting the plastic in front of Herman? My guess would be putting some washers underneath the plastic to raise it up.

No, use this... And you'll be all set;

https://www.pinballlife.com/munsters-easy-install-air-ball-killer-plastic-protector-for-herman-bash-toy.html

And i also use this one to stop wild air balls and stuck balls in Grandpa's laboratory;

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0093-00

#9810 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

I would like to swap out 2 of the white GI bulbs in my munsters game and would like to replace them with the green bulbs the game comes with. Does anyone know where I can get the same green bulbs that are already in game. Thanks

It's 6 Volts.. Comet has them in stock.. You can send them an email with a close up image just to be sure it is what you want.. I have gotten several bulbs already from them.. Zero issues.

https://www.cometpinball.com/

1 month later
#9900 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Finally got around to installing Pinmonk's Dragula mod. Absolutely love the look. It now more closely matches the Lily lights. Should have been that way from the factory.

Would you happen to have any photos to share..

#9903 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Here you go. I actually just took it off my machine to trade it tomorrow. If you want these mods for half of what I paid plus shipping, I'd be happy to send them. PM me. [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good.. I actually purchased this a while ago.. Just haven't installed it.... Mine is the Premium B&W.. I think the White leds fit it better..... I wish the LILY came in White.. I may contact the seller with my request.. Tnx

1 week later
#9915 2 years ago

This is really cool! Seeing the original opening in color.. Well done;

#9921 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm wondering how that would look on a pro? I've considered stripping my armor and lockdown bar down to the metal and adding on some rivets or something to given it that full industrial look to match the wire forms.

Awful, don't think twice about it....

2 weeks later
#9943 2 years ago

If anyone here is from the MA area and looking for a beautiful custom pool table to go along with their Munsters Pinball machine.. PM me for further details.

20200310_111808 (resized).jpg20200310_111808 (resized).jpg20200310_113000 (resized).jpg20200310_113000 (resized).jpg20210124_095003 (resized).jpg20210124_095003 (resized).jpg

Herman_Munster (resized).jpgHerman_Munster (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#9984 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

The apron mod on my b/w Prem. Great touch to an already beautiful game

Interesting, i just ordered one... It doesn't appear to have the middle apron card window cutout like yours does?? I'm hoping it doesn't.... I actually bought it to coverup the middle b&w apron card.. Here's the website image..
Screenshot_20210716-232438_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210716-232438_Chrome (resized).jpg

https://wizardmod.com/products/the-munsters-premium-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

#9988 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

That is an entirely different product and imo not comparable.both look like great mods though and I will be buying the pro version of the magnetic apron cover.if I had the b&w premium I would go with the one from @rickmaz as I think it looks classier than the cheaper magnetic ones.

Oh, so a few folks are making magnetic aprons... i'm using the replacement cards.. do you have a link to the b&w @rickmaz one?? Tnx

20210717_112937 (resized).jpg20210717_112937 (resized).jpg
#9992 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

See post #9967. Lots of pics.

Thanks...

4 weeks later
#10083 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Well folks, I only had two individuals express interest in the apron cover. Given that, I am not going to do another run.
Rich

Hi... What does it look like? Is it for the color or B&E edition?

#10115 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Have a look if your wire is bend. There is a 3d print post that can prevent this:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276887
it shoud hold the wire at distance.
and there is a 3d print to protect the opto:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4359221
i had the same problem, and got a replacement. But i just soldered the wires back on the opto and it works since then
wish you luck with your repair.

Hi... Do you know if anyone is selling these protective blocks? I don't have a 3D printer and would like to install one...

2 weeks later
#10177 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I did I’ve tried all settings the same thing happens it will shake the entire room
I just read u can move one of the weights on shaker motor and it want be as bad so I might try that n see what happens

Removing one of the weights is not advised.. Either disable it or remove it if your not happy with the way it works.

#10180 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

?? Game needs a shaker.....

Acyually... The Shaker motor is an option... It comes standard on the Limited Editions and its optional on the Pro and Premium models. If you do not have a Limited Edition you need to install it on your own. The short answer is you don't need it but it adds so much fun i can't imagine playing the game without it.

#10181 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’m not taken a weight off just going to turn it I found a topic on here n it shows what to do turning one 90 degrees n makes it not shaken the whole room

I do not advise this but i'm sure your going to attempt it.. The shaker motor is made to fit only one way in this cabinet.. There is not enough room in this cabinet for the weights to spin freely if altered from within its current location.. It will just hangup. If your going to attempt this, then i suggest you try the shaker motor in the service menu to make sure it still works.. And i can Guarantee the cover won't fit.. This is specific for The Munsters. On other machines perhaps.

#10189 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

One more quick note...I can make these in Grey Scale (not true Vivid black and white) as an alternative to color.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi, so are these specifically for the Limited, Premium Color versions or for the Black & White Premium? Also, will you be making a third matching center card?? I have a Premium Black & White edition. Tnx

20210903_100213 (resized).jpg20210903_100213 (resized).jpg20210903_100154 (resized).jpg20210903_100154 (resized).jpg

#10192 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Good question.... I made the black and white on request, I honestly don't know what configurations of Munsters are out there other than one was color and one was black and white. I wasn't aware there was a model with a 3rd center card, as I worked under the assumption that the center was a sticker on all Sterns.
I am very flexible in what I can offer. On certain Stern LE's, there is only one card on the left, I can do just one card, black and white, color, etc.
If you let me know what you are looking for specifically, I can probably accomodate in some fashion. That being said, I am not sure if there will be a 3rd/middle card in the works anytime soon.
I appreciate your time!

Hi, well the Black & White Premium as well as the Color Premium both have a center card.. Not sure where you are getting your information that it does not?? These cards your making just will not look right and make no sense if only the left and right cards were upgraded and end up not match the center card.. In other words, is it really that difficult to make this the correct way and provide a 3rd matching center card?? Tnx

20210903_100154 (resized).jpg20210903_100154 (resized).jpg20210903_112944 (resized).jpg20210903_112944 (resized).jpg

#10201 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I believe the center “card“ is a sticker.
Out of town so can’t verify at the moment
Although it would look cool with out the yellow warning .

Ok, Thank you... It is a card.. Let me know.. Have a safe trip.

#10206 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

It’s a sticker!!!!!!!!

Ok, Thank you for verifying that.

#10213 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

You bent me black and white!!! Lol
Thanks Tim
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi... Do you have a link to purchase the Black & White ones?

#10216 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Yes reach out to bent my wookie
https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1861-youbentmywookie
Tell him freddy sent ya!

Thanks! Message sent..

#10221 2 years ago

I have that installed in my munsters pin and it works great.. Highly recommended.

1 week later
#10246 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

have you tried skipping animations with pressing left and right flipper button at the same time?

Now that's a great tip!

1 month later
#10308 2 years ago

Hey.. Anyone else here get this email about replacing the batteries?? Is this legit...

"Here's a message from the Pinside.com battery service. Today, it has been a year since you last replaced your batteries in one or more of your games"

#10311 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Sounds like you set this up:[quoted image]

Set what up?? Where are the batteries located?

#10313 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Older machines have batteries that need to be replace yearly or they can leak and do expensive stuff to things.
There is an alert on pinside that you can set that will remind you to replace the batteries in your game.

Ok, Thank you!

#10316 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

If you look at the picture I shared, it's from the pinside machine page that you get when you add a machine to your collection. If you have also clicked the button in your settings that tells pinside to email you reminders to change your batteries, you will get these emails.

Oh... ok Tnx.

1 month later
#10465 2 years ago

Wooooo Hooooo!! New code just in time for Christmas.... A "Big" Thank you to the Stern coding team!!

#10477 2 years ago

WoW... Latest update brought lots of new call outs... And moving fire to the fireplace on the splash screen just before you start the game!! What an awesome touch!! This is the Best code ever!!

#10495 2 years ago

No doubt..... With fresh new awesome code.... Along with Rob Zombies upcoming new Munsters movie.. These machines will stay in high demand for a long long time for sure.. Especially the ones with the now discontinued raven clock topper..

#10513 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Seemed to be in a loop the 1st time. Powered off and selected the quick update. Could see file loading progression and took around 3-4 minutes.
All good, have played a few games with more call outs, video material etc... Thanks for all who encouraged Stern to make this code update happen.
Was happy with old code and now very pleased. This is a great title and thanks to the Stern team.

The exact same thing happened to me.. I also had to power down from being stuck on trying to do a full update... Then once it came back on i chose quick update and all went well.

#10552 2 years ago

I've been meaning to ask you guys.... When you turn off your munster's pinball machine does the audio let out a pop noise from the speakers? Is so, is this considered normal behavior? Besides that, the games audio is perfect.

#10555 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Same sound on mine as well and even louder since I’ve added extra amps to upper and lower speakers, lol.

Ok, lol... Thank you!!

#10556 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

All of my games are controlled by a switch, when I turn them off it sounds like an explosion. Totally normal.

Ok, Thank you!!

1 week later
#10594 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am not sure what exactly enlarging ray does....

IMO... The "enlarging ray" video was just to make you aware for when the lower playfield's game ends and the real regulation ball rolls out.. It appears huge / enlarged.. That's my take on it.

#10598 2 years ago

Enlarging ray is the grandpa mode on the pro. you shoot the targets to light the orbits and ramps for jackpots and once you have collected 4 you get the grandpa super jackpot

The enlarging ray is also a video clip on the Premium & LE editions. It pops up during the lower playfields play as i described above.

#10600 2 years ago

Yeah I'm aware, not sure what the question was.

I believe the correct answer is the enlarging ray has different meanings when your comparing what it means to a pro vs premium / LE where its connected to the lower playfield.

#10603 2 years ago

I'm aware it's different based on the version of the game. On the LE Enlarging Ray no longer happens when coming out of the laboratory. What's the point of sticking enlarging ray as a chattering teeth award if it does nothing on the LE but constantly causes the mode to run on the PRO? That's the point I'm trying to make.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1240938175?t=01h43m00s
Jack even says while in raven multiball why is enlarging ray happening. It makes no sense and awarded no points. Then at 1:44 he lights it again while still in raven multiball. Now imagine you are on the pro. Now you have had the grandpa mode start twice while in raven. Makes no sense. That's my point but I guess no one else sees it so oh well.
- Added Chattering Teeth Feature. Each time the player hits a target or goes
into the Grandpa Scoop the player will receive one or more Chattering
Teeth. At thresholds of Chattering Teeth the player will receive awards:
- Award End of ball bonus Multipliers
- Advance Playfield multipliers
- Light Enlargement Ray
- Light CHATTERING TEETH SUPER JACKPOT. There are now 11 ways to
stack SUPER JACKPOTS
- Light EXTRA BAll
- Changed how Enlarging Ray is started. Its no longer tied to completing the
four fang targets on the PRO. On both the PRO and PREMIUM now its part of
Chattering Teeth.

Oh, i see what your talking about now.. Thanks!

#10614 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Man it’s gotten quite on here. Any body got to play further in the new code or been to busy to play like I have. Work is killing me has anyone updated there rateing talk to me my people is there anybody left out there. LOL LOL

I've been playing so much lately... Its like having a whole new pin... I Luv the new videos... The new call outs.. Simply Amazing! So thankful for this update.. Well done Stern.

#10617 2 years ago

Quick post.... So.. I purchased the quiet fan kit from Pinball Life for my Munsters Premium B&W.. Its Amazing!! Easy installation.. Its whisper quiet.. I highly recommended it!! What a difference it makes.. WoW!! One of the best mods yet..

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit.html

#10627 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

What videos are new?
Iam in the “works been too crazy to give me time to play,” camp.

*Here is the changelog.. There is soooo much new in v1.10. This is a major update. It's obvious alot of time went into it. It's best you just read over the changelog.

PRO V1.10 - DECEMBER 25, 2021
=============================
FIXED:
- (PRO) - When BOOST GRANDPA was awarded from MYSTERY, it wasn't boosting
ENLARGING RAY scores properly.
- (PRE/LE) - When BOOST GRANDPA was awarded from MYSTERY, it wasn't boosting
THE MACHINE scores properly.
- MYSTERY's state was not resetting across multiple players.
- PRO - Advancing to start ENLARGING RAY was not being maintained across
players correctly.
- (PREM/LE) - Advancing to start GRANDPA's LABORATORY was not being maintained
across players correctly

NEW:
- Added boot logo

- MARILYN now awards SUPER SPINNER and SUPER LOOPS in addition to SUPER POPS.
- Each SUPER feature is timed and increases scoring while active.
- SUPER SPINNER - SPINNER is lit for an additional 20K/spin for 30 seconds.
- SUPER LOOPS - EDDIE LOOPS are lit for 100K for 40 seconds.

- Added speech to many many places all throughout the game.

- Added flasher effect for hitting LILY BANK.
- Added sound effects while lighting GRANDPA.
- Added lamp effect to EDDIE LOOPS when EDDIE inlanes are shot.
- Added lamp effect to MARILYN RAMP when MARILYN inlanes are shot.
- Added EDDIE CHAMPION.
- Added MARILYN CHAMPION.

GAME PLAY MENU
- Added a game play menu.
- To use the menu, between games, hold in both flipper buttons.
- There are 4 items to choose from the menu:
- STANDARD - NORMAL PLAY
- COMPETITION - ALL RANDOMNESS REMOVED
- DJ MIXER - PLAY TUNES FROM THE GAME
- CHALLENGE - COUCH POTATO CHALLENGE MODE
- Added DJ Mixer with several Playlist
- Added COUCH POTATO CHALLENGE MODE

COUCH POTATO CHALLENGE MODE
- Added a Challenge mode to the game play menu.
- Starts as a two ball multiball but it is also a timed mode.
- It ends if the time runs out or if you drain down to zero balls.
- Mode has two STAGES and starts in STAGE ONE
- STAGE ONE
- All shots are lit on the main playfield. On the PREM/LE the lower
playfield is not used.
- After 3 shots the game will play a clip from the show and add a
ball into play.
- You have 10 seconds to make the shot.
- Shoot any shot to move to STAGE TWO.
- STAGE TWO
- Only the targets are lit.
- Hitting any target returns the player to STAGE ONE and puts 10
seconds on the clock.
- Completing 20 shots completes and ends the mode.
- Kitty is always available to advance playfield multiplier
- Added COUCH POTATO CHAMPION

- Added Chattering Teeth Feature. Each time the player hits a target or goes
into the Grandpa Scoop the player will receive one or more Chattering
Teeth. At thresholds of Chattering Teeth the player will receive awards: - Award End of ball bonus Multipliers
- Advance Playfield multipliers
- Light Enlargement Ray
- Light CHATTERING TEETH SUPER JACKPOT. There are now 11 ways to
stack SUPER JACKPOTS
- Light EXTRA BAll

- Changed how Enlarging Ray is started. Its no longer tied to completing the
four fang targets on the PRO. On both the PRO and PREMIUM now its part of
Chattering Teeth.

- Changed how Secret Mania will start. It no longer has an easter egg code.
Now it starts randomly from Mystery.

TWEAKED:
- Shooter lane speech plays less frequently.
- Spinner flasher effects pulse in time with spins better.
- ZAP JACKPOT display effect now shows how many more for SUPER JACKPOT.
- Speech callout for 5X DRAGULA timing tweaked.
- Lowered minimum TROUGH EJECT POWER adjustment to 64.
- Reduced the SUPER JACKPOT score multiplier curve for stacked supers. also
Reduced the starting score base for Supers.
- ATTRACT SHOW INTRO SOUND removed from Directors Cut.
- (PRE/LE) - The VUK on the lower playfield was sometimes playing sound
effects during game over.
- KITTY now shows the new playfield multiplier.
- Tweaked the EQ of many of the speech calls.
- Improved many of the sounds
- If you are holding the Action button when the super jackpot display begins
it will be canceled. You no longer have to press and hold the button after
the display begins.

MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.01:
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.81.0

Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD
display.

Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was
added in system 2.45 and is not included for display.

When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX
BRIGHTNESS" to "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".

New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in
FREE PLAY mode, controls the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This
is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.

Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ball saver even after
the target game time is met.

Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.

Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.

Update the HSTD reset counter when the Standard Adjustment is changed. Added TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment, accessible when the BALL_SAVE_TIME
adjustment is enabled.
TARGET_GAME_TIME enables a multi-use ball saver, whose duration is
dynamically calculated for each ball to help ensure the player has
a guaranteed amount of play time per game.
TARGET_GAME_TIME has a range of 1m 30s to 3m 00s and defaults to
NO_TARGET_TIME (disabled).
When disabled a traditional single-use BALL_SAVE_TIME ball saver will be
used for each ball in play.
When enabled the first ball of play will have a multi-use ball saver of
BALL_SAVE_TIME sec. The second ball will have a multi-use ball saver
which is 25% of (TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
The third and beyond will have a multi-use ball saver which is 50% of
(TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).

#10632 2 years ago

I came across this nicely done gameplay video for the new code v1.10;

#10652 2 years ago

Deleted.

#10656 2 years ago

Yes, V1.11 just dropped!! Woo Hoo!! Thank you Stern!!

#10657 2 years ago

Interesting... After the update, right away, i noticed the Red "?" In the lower playfield now constantly flashes. Are you guys noticing the same??

#10662 2 years ago

Deleted

#10676 2 years ago

Ok, This is just too weird... Upon starting a new game.. The lower playfield's "?" (Question mark) is now continuously flashing Red and the timer is displaying "10" until i release the ball then the time changes to "--" marks.. Is my code glitched in some way?? The "?" continuously flashing was not there before.
20220119_112642 (resized).jpg20220119_112642 (resized).jpg

#10679 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Yeah mine was doing the same just after code update.

Ok, Thank you for checking.. It just seems odd now.. As the lower playfield is not in play.. The "?" light should not be lit and constantly flashing.

*On a plus note.. I noticed the audio at turn off does not make that harsh speaker pop noise anymore.

#10682 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

Hey guys, so glad you're enjoying the latest release!
The issue with the MYSTERY light blinking on the lower playfield is a bit of a feature. While it shouldn't be blinking when you're not playing on the lower playfield it's lit because MYSTERY is lit.
Thanks!

Hi Yes, it shouldn't be blinking but it is (all the time) even when your not playing the lower playfield its blinking.. So this must be a new bug within v1.11 then.. Stern can easily confirm this.. Still, very grateful and appreciative for this new code.

#10688 2 years ago

IMO.... Midnight Madness is Awesome and perfect just the way it is... Why, Because it happens at Midnight!! Its a Midnight feature that is "Unique" to this machine.

#10693 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Yeah mine was doing the same just after code update.

*Update.... That light should not be constantly flashing, especially when the lower playfield is inactive.. I sent Stern a Technical v1.11 bug report.. They are aware of it and will get back to me.

20220119_112642 (resized).jpg20220119_112642 (resized).jpg

#10702 2 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

That's what I was trying to say earlier. Note that its not "constantly" flashing though, it's flashing as long as MYSTERY is lit. As soon as you collect MYSTERY, it goes out as expected. The bug that I missed is that it shouldn't be flashing when MYSTERY is lit until you're playing on the lower playfield.

MYSTERY will light again at 90 CHATTERING TEETH. Note that you can't stack MYSTERY being lit.

Yes, i clearly understand you. . It was just not like this before.. Mystery only use to flash when you entered the lower playfield.. Regardless, this update is still amazing!! Very appreciative.. Many thanks to the coders.

#10728 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Seems my Raven no longer pops out since the updates. Anyone else having that issue?

No issues here... My Raven is popping out of the clock during Raven taunts, and Raven countdowns.

1 week later
#10810 2 years ago

Hi,

Was the Premium v1.20 game code just pulled?? The download just goes to error. I cannot download it. However, the read me downloads just fine??

20220203_181519 (resized).jpg20220203_181519 (resized).jpg
#10813 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’m getting the same thing it want let me download says error what in the world is going on I need this code code code code lol.

Maybe they caught a last minute bug and pulled it???

#10815 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Maybe they said hey let’s give them some more code lol. I know it was working a couple of hours ago cause I started downloading n I came back in a few minutes n it was gone so I hope it goes back up pretty quick I was wanting to play some tonight I’m pumped lol.

I MuNstER have this best code ever!! Maybe the servers are overloaded with all of this Munster love.. lol

20220203_184843 (resized).jpg20220203_184843 (resized).jpg
#10829 2 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Anyone seen this error before. I used the same usb stick for the last update. Thanks
[quoted image]

No, I chose Verify Code & Quick Update... No issues here. Perhaps reformat and try again?

#10838 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

to welcome the 1.20 my son finally cracked a good score : 612M ! well done boy

I believe you mean to say v1.21..

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/the-munsters-le-0-91-0-game-code/

#10846 2 years ago

Anyone else notice... When a game ends now... A video clip is played as normal... However... When the video clip is over... The screen now goes black for a few seconds before the Game Over screen pops up... I do not remember this additional hang time before... Perhaps others can comment on this.

#10850 2 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Same on a LE if not all.

Thanks.. Do you remember if it was like this before??

#10884 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There are still a few bugs w topper interaction....minor ( I suppose) but Raven and chime will call out at the top of the hour if game is on and attract mode. As soon as you play a single game however, never returns...triggers my OCD I suppose...

My topper has been oddly off by one hour short? Even though my time is set correctly.. Is there any way to correct this besides forcing the hand forward??

#10928 2 years ago

Midnight Madness is absolutely awesome!! One of the best parts of the game IMO... All of my friends go crazy when it comes on at Midnight.. Well done stern! MunStErouS Midnight Perfection!

#10952 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Again big thanks Dwight and Corey for your code love to our Munsters. Over the moon about the possibility of you adding some more.
1. Would you guys remove the curved hazy film on the left side of most all Munsters show material? (See photo below)
2. Would you consider adding Midnight Madness as a wizard mode some where, like after completing MM level 3 or 4? (The only time we actually see Midnight Madness is the rare time we stay up till midnight, lol. (Would be fun to have it as something we work to achieve.)
3. Any chance of inserting actual Marilyn escaping boyfriend video during her escape mode?
4. Adding Raven/clock popping out announcing the time after end of game after Munsters show clip?
5. Like MK6 said, “There are still a few bugs w topper interaction....minor ( I suppose) but Raven and chime will call out at the top of the hour if game is on and attract mode. As soon as you play a single game however, never returns.” Please add Raven hourly announcements during game play too and at the end of each game.
6. And, “realignment w correct callouts during Raven multiball are achievable.”
[quoted image]

I pointed this issue out about a year ago and posted images.. Even my friends noticed it and were like what the heck is that.. I fully support this fix request.. The video really needs to be cleaned up of this odd, clear, left sided halfmoon overlay (or whatever it is called).. Please! Consider fixing this in a future code update.. This is the cherry ontop of the new code sundae.

3 weeks later
#11045 2 years ago

Would anyone happen to know if there is a way in the service menu to change the hand on the topper clock forward/reverse? My topper's clock hand is off by an hour and my machine's clock is set to the correct time.

#11047 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Pretty sure the topper does not keep time

YES, Technically you are correct. I am talking about the one time, time check at powerup when the hand spins to the time the Raven shout outs.. Mine appears to be off by one hour, unless its compensating for not having a second spinning hand?

1 week later
#11091 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Had a play around and printed the below in a PLA translucent filament. The remixed print is hollowed out and slides directly over all of the existing coloured flashers and designed to clear the 2 screws securing the current flashers. Base diameter is 48mm and 70 mm in height. The print included a raft and took around 4.5 hours on a Creality CR10S Pro for a single print.
I will submit the remixed design (file) for download on Thingiverse asap. See pics below.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would absolutely hot glue a small, round steel ball on the top. It will look 1000x better.

2 weeks later
#11133 2 years ago

I'm not arguing the differences between the pro and premium. The pro version is not a top 25 machine is my point. Bringing up the premium doesn't matter in my argument.
It's a fun game and one my family and friends won't ever let me get rid of.

Well said.... I agree 100%.

3 months later
#11336 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Metal:

I will check and see what I have when I get to work tomorrow.
I think I have some painted, and some not painted yet.
Might take a bit to paint the unpainted ones
I will respond in order I received the PMs
Dino

The Green on a Premium Black & White is insane! I'll gladly purchase a set. Tnx!

PM Sent.

20220721_201736 (resized).jpg20220721_201736 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#11343 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Received mine today. Great job well packed Pinball-metal
[quoted image]

Congrats! They look great.. Well done! I'm waiting on mine Blk/Grn.. hey, did you receive a tracking number?? I haven't heard back after payment... I'm sure mine are on the way.

#11344 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New Game Code !
LE/PREMIUM V1.22 - AUGUST 1, 2022
=================================
**** FIXED ****
- When selected, IMPOSSIBLE PLAY wasn't active for players 2 thru 4.
**** TWEAKED ****
- Increased the Couch Potato's Bonus Potatoes scores.
- Lowered how frequesnt Secret Mania is awarded from Mystery.
**** STERN INSIDER CONNECTED ****
- Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
**** MOVED TO SYSTEM 3.20 ****
Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0
Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set
to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented
instead of only replay level 1.
Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment
would not be honored in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the
maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a
player will not receive a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game
played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY
LEVELS will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.
Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime
audit will start accumulating with this update.
Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected
menu. A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior
to being added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes,
unregister this game." will unregister the game from your account.
Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of
display.
Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE
PLAY ONLY".
Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be
"MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and default value is "MECHANICAL". This
adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy and Free
Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy
and "Free Play" is No. Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open
position.
Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name
and green check mark with Verified Location if the machine is registered
to a pro account.

WARNING!! I just updated via USB stick (verified) and now the raven does not come out of the topper anymore at startup! I then turned the machine off then on again and same results the raven does not pop out anymore! Darn Darn Darn!! I will have to contact stern. ☹

*Also; just noticed red 10 randomly lit in grandpa's playfield then goes out on its own. This is when lower playfield is not in use. This is also a new bug.

*Also, during lower playfield gameplay Topper's Raven yelled out "4" it wasn't even close to being on "4" countdown.... And now the Raven's 4, 3, 2, 1 ending Countdown during the lower playfield's timer ending is not working correctly.

#11345 1 year ago

20220804_183459 (resized).jpg20220804_183459 (resized).jpg

*Many more bugs found folks. I cannot recommend upgrading at this point. Stern support has been notified.

#11353 1 year ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Yep....I'm sayin it

I have been in touch with Corey. My machine (Raven Topper) is totally messed up now after the v1.22 update. And Grandpa's laboratory now lights up 10 in red upon starting a new game, then it eventually goes out. It never did this before the update.

I cannot message Corey any further i spent my messages for the day. Can someone message him please.

#11354 1 year ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Yep....I'm sayin it

Can you please send Corey and Stern support a message and let them know. I am out of pinside messages and cannot message Corey for another 24hrs. Tnx

#11356 1 year ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

I got the messages and will look into the issues today. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Thank you Corey.. Much appreciated!

#11358 1 year ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

1. In DIAG->GAME->TOPPER TEST, do the hands move during test as expected?
2. What is your TOPPER ATTRACT SOUNDS adjustment set to?

Yes, It works perfect for both test. 1st test the Raven pops out of the clock and says never more out of speakers. 2nd test the Hand spins correctly.

Not sure location of Topper Attract Sounds?

Well! However, this time i started the machine from power off and the Raven actually popped out?? Although, this is not consistent.... And grandpa's laboratory timer is still lit 10 in Red.

It should be noted that during gameplay the Raven Topper does still popout and appears to work. Just not as consistant as before the update.

#11361 1 year ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

1. Is the "Raven topper is broken" report is really that Raven no longer consistently comes out on powerup during the first attract mode? But he works during game play as expected when Raven talks or during RAVEN MULTIBALL?
2. The "10" on the PRE/LE lower LED display is showing the number of skill shot seconds remaining (it matches the SKILL SHOT time remaining on the LCD display). Don't hit a skill shot and you'll see it countdown.

(1) Yes! Unreliable after the v1.22 update. The Raven will only randomly popout at each startup now.

(2) Yes! But this behavior (Red 10 briefly displaying at each new ball) appears new to me since the firmware update?? I do not seem to see the 10 counter on the main LCD screen at the same time the red 10 is briefly lit??

I would need to play a lot more to make sure the Raven Topper is wotking properly during regular game play. I already mentioned a 4 was yelled out of Raven when i playing on the lower playfield... I believe the red counter was on 11 at the time the 4 was yelled out. I am on my way out for the night and will not be able to test any further for today.

20220805_150333 (resized).jpg20220805_150333 (resized).jpg

#11364 1 year ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

Noted. Its only affecting the power up raven pop out effect.

I'm pretty sure the lower display showed the skill shot timer for many releases now. Plunge the ball but don't collect the skill shot and you'll see it countdown and match the LCD. You're seeing it "flicker" because you're collecting the skill shot quickly after game start before it has a chance to countdown.

Ok, Yes... We seem to be on the same page now! And the Raven has popped out a few times during and ending game play. 100% during gameplay i'm still not sure. Definitely not at the games startup.

#11365 1 year ago

Deleted.

#11366 1 year ago

Deleted.

#11367 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Just arrived!
Before and after pic!

Looks great! Hey, Can you share any installation tips.. My order is due to arrive soon. I would like to make sure installation goes smoothly.

#11369 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

7/16” nut runner and philips screw driver
If you can master them you can install these with ease!
Very simple straight forward install!

Thank you! I chose the Green webbing and Green wording. The color match is spot on perfect! Such Quality work! The hinges were a nice bonus! Although I chose not to install them at this time.

20220807_011845 (resized).jpg20220807_011845 (resized).jpg20220807_011758 (resized).jpg20220807_011758 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#11392 1 year ago

Hi,

Would anyone happen to have a link or have the prior game code (The one before 1.22.0). I'm looking to flash back to regain a properly working topper again. The latest 1.22.0 code prevents the raven from popping out at a fresh startup from being off .... If ur lucky the raven will popout once after like about ten fresh powerups from off. Just Beware of this before you update.. The latest 1.22.0 code has caused this issue. Stern is aware of this issue. It is unknown if it will be fixed or not in the next release. Tnx

#11394 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

pro or le?
pm me.

PN sent Thank you... I have a B&W Premium. I believe its the same code as the LE. Both have the double flippers and lower playfield.

#11395 1 year ago

Hello Fellow Munsters fans..

I came Across this Very Rare Herman Munster (Fred Gwynne) footage.. I have never seen this before. Hopefully you will find this as entertaining as i did. Just fwd to 11:29 to watch his first scene. He is also in more scenes right after his first one.

#11400 1 year ago

Yes!!

New code to fix the Raven popping out at game startup.. So far, so good!! I think its safe to say we can all give Corey at Stern a BIG THANK YOU for this.. Corey has simply been a blessing.. Always working hard on these updates..

#11402 1 year ago

*Here's a few Tips....

(1) Get extra Bass from setting the Fader to -9 and the Volume to 17 (or to your liking)... Give it a try!

->Enter the service menu... Toggle right to Util.. Press Enter.. Toggle right to Vol... Press Enter. Right arrow your way to Fade... Press Enter.. Set to -9... Green button to back out, then toggle over to quit to exit the service menu.. Enjoy!

(2) Turn Off "Play Attract Tutorial Videos" so you can only see the fireplace burning with highscores and the opening theme from the TV show (which defaults to once an hour).

->Enter the service menu..Toggle right to S.P.I.. Press Enter.. Toggle to #83.. Press enter and select "NO".. Now exit the service menu.. Enjoy!

->If there's no audio coming from the opening TV theme (when Herman crashes through the door) just turn On "Attract Mode Show Intro Sound".. Thank you Corey for this one as mine was set to Off.

#11404 1 year ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

I appreciate it but you can thank the team at Stern! I didn't have anything to do with this round of changes.

Fair enough Corey.. A BIG THANK YOU also to the rest of the coding team at Stern for providing us wirh this update... Nicely done!

#11406 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

My prem is all jacked after update. Lower playfield sometimes launches ball and mostly don’t. Sometimes bottom flippers die. No prob before update.
Works fine in test mode.

Gosh... I haven't experienced any of these issues.. I've been playing game after game all is good with the lower playfield as well... Perhaps try reloading the code. It should be only the two unzipped files on a freshly formatted FAT32 USB stick and nothing else. I did the Quick Update with Verify and it worked great... I would give that a try 1st.

#11410 1 year ago
Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

New movie is horrible. Don't waste yall time. That is all.

Fred Gwynne was so luvable as Herman, Yvonne De Carlo simply perfect in her roll, Same for Al Lewis etc... All the castings of the original tv series were just so perfect.. Impossible to replicate.. Although, I thought Grandpa was portrayed the best (IMO).. I luv the way this pin does the original tv show justice.. It brings back so many good memories.

3 weeks later
#11428 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Yo what’s up my fellow Munsters. How’s everyone doing what’s going on who done what what’s happening. Damn just what I thought nobody is here I’m all alone.

We're all in therapy over how painfully bad the new Rob Zombie Munsters movie was!! lol! While watching it on Netflix, i thought the picture quality was very grainy... Just Awful!! Although, Grandpa and the Werewolf were the best!!

#11446 1 year ago

Anyone else here receive a message on time to change the batteries inside the Munsters pin?? What size are they and where are they located? Is it hard to do? And do you lose any of the custom settings during the swap out? Tnx

4 weeks later
#11511 1 year ago

Guys,

I am looking for the Wolfe shooter rod.. The stern one (502-7084-00) not the knock off one that’s floating around.. Does anyone have one in stock or for sale? Tnx

EC043320-8696-487E-98E7-75ACFFD572C9 (resized).jpegEC043320-8696-487E-98E7-75ACFFD572C9 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#11592 1 year ago

Guys,

Is there an option to stretch the 4:3 video clips via a video options setting of either “Stretch” or “16:9 Wide” I can’t seem to find it.. It would be nice to use up the entire screens real estate without having to see the black side pillar boxes.

2 weeks later
#11601 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Lame ass YouTube blocking the video due to copyright shit. I’ll post a link of the video to my Google Drive this morning. Youtube is sometimes playing the video and sometimes blocking it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r6IeOwTFsAAJmM4SEgWGqsjgBeZDHY0w/view?usp=share_link

Nicely done! I’m not hearing the audio though?

How did you get it on the machine? Did you have to add it to the factory SD card? Or is this on a copy of the factory SD card software then enhanced and placed on a new SD card?

I luv the wrecking ball scene.. That should have been in this pin fore sure.

6 months later
#11698 6 months ago

Hey,

What do you guys think about a new mod for grandpa’s machine??

The Tesla coils on top would flash blue on the “start the machine call out” also the three green fake round lights (decal) could be drilled out and replaced with real leds perhaps two green and one red flashing.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the means to do this. I know the machine is sold separately and still available. I will email some companies and see if anyone is interested in making a limited run.

If any of the modding companies see this message and are interested please PM me.

IMG_1557 (resized).jpegIMG_1557 (resized).jpeg

#11699 6 months ago
Quoted from Chopplebrains:

Nice! Glad I found this topic. I do live this game - was my first pin, and the look of the game, art, and how well done the theme is…just awesome. Lately I’ve been putting some more work into it. Just got fluorescent green plastic protectors on (full set), about to add them to grandpas layer too, and decided I’d paint German to better match the artwork, as well as hand paint the Tesla coil mods. Here’s a few pics of the Herman/Tesla coils for kicks:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WoW… Nicely done! Herman looks great!

2 months later
#11753 4 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

New code update says added some things behind the scenes improvements what does that mean.

Not sure… But after the update every time i turn the pin off during the end of game music the theme songs audio breaks apart into static until it’s fully off. Before the update it just turned off as normal or there would be a slight pop noise but nothing like what’s happening now.

Anyone else noticing this?

#11756 4 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I updated my Munsters LE to version 1.26 and shut it off and then turned it back on and then played a game. After the game ended and while the Munsters theme song was still playing I shut my game off as per normal and it shut down as expected without any additional static.
So to my ears on my game everything is working as it should.
Gord

Ok, Tnx.. Perhaps a gremlin left over from the update.. I will unplug it, restart it, and hope for the best that it was just a one time thing.

Regardless, I’m happy and appreciative to see an update to this great pin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jnyvio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=jnyvio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.