Topic Stats

• 5,021 posts
  • 322 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Wmsfan
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,031 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E42661AC-7F15-401C-9C5C-FA1171907D41 (resized).jpeg
AD1540E3-A560-408B-86E2-975D74F2A4C7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5739 (resized).JPG
IMG_5741a (resized).jpg
IMG_5737a (resized).jpg
20190710_182933 (resized).jpg
DB227CC3-5FAC-413C-A76F-FCBC683B9F67 (resized).jpeg
2FD679BB-B82E-4EA7-A566-970F1CC1F053 (resized).jpeg
C1CD8CA6-AA1E-4521-AD6B-82E93B83DAE2 (resized).jpeg
FC4C9141-86A1-4DFB-B10C-D5EE6C3BB2FC (resized).jpeg
8D04E4B2-B184-4DDA-9491-3236DA44BBDC (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190705_143829074 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190705_143814072 (resized).jpg
20190703_182356 (resized).jpg
Munsters - Mini PF (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 1.50.17 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#258 5 months ago

LE on order!

3 weeks later
#820 4 months ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Did your LE end up shipping?

Was told mine ships in 2-3 days....

#872 4 months ago

Carrier called this morning....LE delivery Monday between 12-4.

#879 4 months ago
Quoted from tarzxvf:

LE ordered through pinballcompany is going to arrive Monday by R&L!

Same here!!! Carrier called 20min bef0re Brooke's email

#915 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't got my Munsters pinball machine yet but i just ordered these from Bradford Exchange to keep me happy until i do get one. [quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered the coach

muns (resized).JPG
#1007 4 months ago

Well weather delayed my LE.... by one day... tomorrow...

#1058 4 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

LE on the truck for delivery today.

same here!

#1122 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

More
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

MK6PIN. Can you tell me how wo get playfied to the vertical position.... my 1st Pin...and I am nervous....

#1125 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi JMCFAN, I hear ya, don't want to hurt anything. Remove the glass, then raise the playfield up and out slightly and rest it on the support rails and the upper area of where the lockdown bar would be. Remove all the balls by manually kicking them out using the upkicker plunger. Once all the balls are removed you can then lift the playfield up slightly and then slide it out until it contacts the stops. Then raise the playfield to vertical keeping watch at rear support rail area (left and right) within the cabinet to make sure the playfield stays against the stops so that when you raise it all the way you can rest it against the back box and it will then be slightly past its pivot center line, that will prevent the playfield from falling back down unexpectedly.
I do not own an LE, so not sure about the lower playfield balls, they might have to be removed as well to prevent them from escaping and damaging anything. Hope this helps you out.

Yes thanks!! Thats why I need to raise it.... install the lower playfield balls...

#1217 4 months ago

Played my LE a 20+ times today. LOVE it. twice now...on start of game I get a double ball feed.. as a 1st time pin owner... not sure it I need to do anything...???

#1246 4 months ago

All look good...I prefer the gold hands down.

#1471 4 months ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Munsters schwag at cafepress.com......I keep my new beauty ) and Invisiglass covered at all times unless being played.[quoted image]

Thats awesome. You have a link...?

#1483 4 months ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

https://www.cafepress.com/+beach_towel,1449050348
Use the code GIFT15 for another 15% off until March 13.

Thanks! Ordered!!

#1498 4 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O my..its your game so u can do what u want but i wld of found something that wasn't so aggressive/ permanent.

Is moving those posts permanent...?

#1502 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No but drilling a new hole is. Haha

Looks like holes are pre-drilled... just move the posts...

#1503 4 months ago
Quoted from drained:

The non-factory hole is.

There are 2 factory holes right?

#1508 4 months ago
Quoted from drained:

Correct but a pinsider a few pages back drilled new holes for a different experince.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/29#post-4869165

Missed that.... might move mine... but no drill...

#1522 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

LE shipped w .91

Yup mine is at .91. Where can I find instructions on updating the code once new code is released..?

#1524 4 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Sterns website has download instructions and installation instructions are in the backbox

thanks!

#1758 4 months ago

I saw the Adjustments pdf..
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/The-Munsters-Installs-and-Adjustments.pdf

When and how do you change the level? On code update? And how do you go back and change later...say from Easy to hard?

#1812 4 months ago

I am still having the occasional double ball feed. you can hear it try and feed a ball...then repeats and loads 2... not a huge deal... just an extra "multiball"....LOL. Only lose one SDTM....

#1883 4 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I would definitely buy that. Raven coming out is the coolest thing they can do with a topper imho

Will pick up... whats thought on price?

#1890 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Will pick up... whats thought on price?

My current topper

top (resized).JPG
#1918 4 months ago

Thanks GamerRick!!

#1936 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it’s a pinside rule too. Can’t trash a game in the owner’s club.

Had my LE for 2 weeks. Love it....kicks my butt.... but that ok...

#2087 3 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think everybody ball shooter is put on crooked but that is a gripe... you pay 9k you have to put that on straight cmon.
As for the lower playfield trust me that will happen to everyone. If you look at that lower rail it has groves gaps that the ball can sit inside. You have two options take the top glass off, or tilt the game over until it falls out. It will happen to everyone eventually.
This is something Stern needs to address ... wouldn't be as big of a deal if it wasn't the lower playfield.

Mine is fine....and a bunch of play... no issues.... except I suck....

#2237 3 months ago

I am reading folks are putting mylar down on shooting lane? newb here....and new LE. What type etc and how..???

#2239 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This site is amazing for misc supplies. I buy Mylar by the roll.
https://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html
Cut some Mylar into the shape of a pair of pants. It will straddle the cutout in the shooter lane for the switch and make sure the top part of the pants goes far enough to cover the area where the ball lands when kicked out.

Thanks! Boy their shipping is pretty pricey....$7.50 for mylar....$17.50 to ship....

#2244 3 months ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Right on their website:
PinRestore
SuppliesToolsBrushesPaint PensHardwareElectronicsRivetingAbout UsContact UsShipping
Tools and Supplies for Restoring Pinball Machines.
We Ship Worldwide!
***We Always Refund Excess Shipping Charges***

Thanks! Already ordered so cool!

2 weeks later
#2750 3 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The zap thing is actually growing on me - I thought it would be the opposite and get more annoying. Still not sure on what it does in relation to Super Jakpots though.
Anyway, some good info here:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf
And here:
http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781
Regarding cancelling the Super Jackpots, they do continue over ball to ball, and the benefit of cancelling appears to be that having more stacked increases the value of all of them. So by cancelling, you’re hoping to build up more Supers. So if you’ve only got 2 Supers stacked for example, more than likely you’ll want to cancel and hold out for more since 3 Supers for example will make all 3 more valuable.
And if you haven’t got the Playfield multiplier running, you’ll also want to cancel until you do.
I also read somewhere that hitting the scoop also increases base jackpot value.

I took the Sern one down to Staples and had it color printed and laminated! Very cool!

#2835 3 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

How many balls are installed in this game? I don't have mine yet.

6 and 2 small ones in lower play field

#2848 3 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Question for you LE / Prem guys that have been putting some time in on your games.
Have you guys noticed any hazing or clouding of the lower PF Lexan cover like we have heard about on some the AC DC units and Lucy Units?

Yes a littel ( LE). Going to pull the cover soon and clean

#2850 3 months ago

I was thinking of pulling the cover as soon as it arrives and Mylar protecting it before any hazing or cloudy starts. Mylar is cheap enough to keep redoing periodically and now with the cover screws on top it just makes things a lot easier to rinse and repeat.

Not a bad idea.... hmmmm

#2862 3 months ago

Loaded the new code... had best game ever! Wont say the score... cuz suck regardless... but no issues I noticed....

#2863 3 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

FtrMech: Did you use a T10 (Torx) screwdriver to remove the screws?
I’m going to clean mine this week but was told this was the correct screwdriver to use.

Think this would be a good add...

amazon.com link »

#2866 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

nope....just early dust, and an initial smudge of oil (guessing from the pinballs)..cleaned once when I changed all the rubber out.....been great since...

"changed all the rubber out".... ?? Share...

#2876 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Titans...Posted pics a few pages back. They don't offer mini flipper rings yet, but believe in the works. Everything else done
Highly recommend doing this, considering the black rubber is definitely going to start marking up the window as they wear..

Did you happen to make a list of what you purchased? Size etc?

#2932 3 months ago

Another code update just dropped....

1 week later
#3161 89 days ago
Quoted from Kensurfs:

Got the autographed cards installed today. Many thanks to the folks at Stern, especially John Borg.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How you get those...sweet!!

#3195 86 days ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

I just did a install Video install/Review on the Pingraffix Powerbladez I will be uploading to my youtube channel shortly!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHfiagwISS_15WwJk804aA?view_as=subscriber
Stay tuned.....

do these go over the top of the ones on the game as shipped?

#3206 86 days ago
Quoted from Bundy:

HD glass and good speakers/sub is the best money spent. Couldn't care less for most other mods.

Does the LE come with HD glass? The flyer says anti reflective glass.....

#3210 86 days ago

Congrats! What #? 46 here

1 week later
#3439 78 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm so happy mine is gone. Got a MB and couldn't be happier

ok......

#3443 78 days ago

and I am sure there is someone so happy they got it........

#3481 77 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I picked up my Munsters this afternoon. Everything works. It is a thing of beauty. I’m not worried about code.
What really has me shaking my head is that, what I assume is a cost saving measure, is that the on-off switch is located waaaaaay in the back on the bottom of the back box. With this configuration I will either need to drill a hole in the bottom of the cabinet and rewire the switch, or I will have to resort to installing the power cable to an extension cord that I can plug and unplug when I need to the pin on or off.
It is ridiculous way to save money and I give Stern a big fat fail for this bit of mediocracy.

$12 easy fix...

amazon.com link »

#3507 75 days ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Thanks very much for doing that. You're a great photographer! Answered my questions. On order

Ordered as well.....

#3550 74 days ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I took off the plastic cover last week and cleaned the lower playfield, so far the dust hasn't come back.

Doing the same as soon as my protectors show up... going in once.... lol

#3566 74 days ago

Good work!

#3569 74 days ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Careful with your tone... We may have to boot you too the other thread.

Other thread??? What thread.......

#3572 74 days ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Worst code ever thread where they mostly bash the game. I was mostly joking with my comment, btw.

I figured that...lol. I love this game...even though it regularly kicks my butt...

Post edited to not entice the trolls....

#3577 74 days ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Oh man, do I ever agree. Not so much bravery though, but necessity.
Seriously, check your games. If that little cut-out has already been done from the factory – you're good to go!
Otherwise, if like mine, it literally stops the game. The ball gets stuck there but the lower playfield doesn't recognize it, so it times-out (instead of launching the other mini ball) and you can never get grandpa. Then you go back in the laboratory and the ball is still stuck.
And mine was getting stuck maybe every 15 games or so. That's a lot!
But yes, I will take Brave!!
[quoted image]

I don't see that cutout on mine... its #48. I have been in the lower playfield a lot...multiple multiball and Grandpa jackboxs... never had a ball stuck in there... will keep an eye on it.

#3597 73 days ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Since I knew I had to work on her, I ordered LED flippers buttons from Pinball Life.
She is all put back together now and working like a gem. Good thing - pinhead party tomorrow night.
Okay, enough surgery – gotta get back to work. Over and out from grandpa's laboratory!
[quoted image]

How hard is install of LED flippers? Ordered a set...

#3606 72 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just cleaned it this afternoon manto1975 - undid the torque screws (t10) from the top, lifted it out and cleaned. Made a big difference.

Going to do mine today....was hoping my protectors would show up yesterday so i only had to go in once.... but it looks bad....

#3608 72 days ago

Guys be sure once the T10 screws are lose from the nuts below, don't pull them out of the glass. There are rubber O ring washers underneath the glass on the screws that will get lost very easily. In addition when putting the glass back on, don't tighten them down very hard, keep feeling the edge of the glass the it remains a fraction above the main PF otherwise "Houston we have lift off" lol, airballs like mad.

\\

Thanks!

#3614 72 days ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

I'd be in for this mod!

Me too

#3652 70 days ago

I got my set of protectors today.... but no instructions etc on what goes where and how.... anyone...???

#3672 69 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Some of you have been asking about how to remove the lower window and also how to adjust the window. It is easy but there are a couple of booby traps.
Here we go.
From page 53 of the Premium/LE manual,
Item #4) the window is secured with eight 6-32 3/4" screws. They are Torx screws with size T-10 torx bit.
Item #2 there are 8 o-rings the window mounts on.
[quoted image]
1) Unscrew the 8 screws but do NOT remove them. When they are completely unscrewed, you will be able to wiggle them around. Don't remove them.
[quoted image]
2) Then remove the bottom screw only. With this screw removed, you may have to use it or another longer screw you might have in your parts kitty.
Your window could be "stuck" onto the play field and you will need to insert the screw into the hole and apply a little pressure to gain leverage to remove the window.
[quoted image]
With the window removed this is what you might see. When the screw was removed this o-ring was left lying. (If you don't see an o-ring laying here the odds are it has stuck to the window. Reinstall the screw you removed and don't lose this o-ring). At the bottom position the o-ring will go nowhere. All the other o-rings might fall down into the basement. It is not the end of the world but it is a PIA.
[quoted image]
Here is the window showing the screws and o-rings. Leaving the screws in the window keep control of the o-rings.
[quoted image]
Installing the window is the reverse of removing it.
Now you need to adjust the window to play field height.
To do that you need this.
Take a credit card or similar piece of plastic. Cut the card to an angle on both sides. You want the corners of your cut to be sharp and to the point. No rounded corners !
[quoted image]
Run all 8 of the torx screws down. Do not tighten them. At this point in the adjustment you should be able to hook a fingernail on the edge of the window all the way around.
Place the credit card on the play field and point it towards the first screw you are going to tighten down. Start tightening the screw until the card will not catch the window. Once the card can slide onto the window then place the card on the window and slide toward the play field. When you can move the card in both directions and it does not catch you are adjust even. Now go to the screw on the opposite side of the side and repeat. Alternate back and forth on which screws you tighten to keep things even.
Now go back and recheck your first screw. Keep fine tuning until the credit card does not hang on the window or the play field. Now you are even.
The o-rings provided the tension and the spring-back to keep the window level. It may need to be adjust from time to time. At some point in the future the o-rings with get hard and lose their elasticity. Then you will need to replace them.
[quoted image]

So I started mine today... should you loosen those screws slowly going around etc... my bottom one bound up and almost stripped out.. I think I can get it out after I order another set..little bit of WD got it back in and flush...and I dont want to lose the game while I wait for them...

Also is there a better set of these screws...?

#3673 69 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I bought

I bought one definitely looks hard to install Herman. Bought it because my Herman plastic broke. already. How do you get it to fit with the current screws and looks like it won’t fit under the the pop bumper cover.

Got all of my set installed...but...Herman and Grandpa.... looking for pointers.... looks tough.

#3679 69 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm sure better screws exist, but more importantly, "right tool for the right job". Personally, I wouldn't take any of the screws completely out (not necessary to remove window)...this way the rubber washers don't go dropping all over the place. Loosen them all slowly and equally...you'll find the "sweet spot" when the screw releases from pf, then repeat w the others. Slow and steady
Had mine out 3x (clean twice, then a final time to install the titans)...no issues

I didn't take them out on your instructions... started to loosen at like 9 o'clock...worked my way around and then bottom one bound up... using a good torx set I use on my hunting bows....dang screw stipped the head slightly... put them back...little WD let me get that bottom one back and level..

#3700 69 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Probably me
Just went down the street to Ace

Did you strip any of the old ones bad enough to have to work to them out....if so how...? worried about the one I buggered up.....

#3717 68 days ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Did the easy ones last night, Lily and Herman slingshots. Going to tackle Grandpa and big Herman today, so thank you for the advice!

I did the same.... 2 left..... let us know how it goes...and any pointers....please....

#3730 67 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Definitely, don't put the ramp plastics on until Herman plastic installed...won't be able to get a screwdriver in there (checked my rear hinge to spot door while I was in there..nice and snug).
Protectors definitely lessen the available thread available in a few spots...don't cross thread or overtighten anything or you're in trouble. There's no magic w these, patience, pics, and keep track of all the washers/ screws.
I used a small flashlight laid on the magnet to help me see the opto switch holes....

well crap...ramps are on... will remove

#3774 66 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where does the ball go on your pin with a Herman time out? Right or left flipper?

Left flipper here

#3791 65 days ago

My LE is my first.... and I love it! Although it continually kicks my butt.. I really wonder if all the haters have actually played it....and I doubt they own one....

#3830 65 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My ball drops consistently to the right flipper if held, then released by the magnet. This game, in particular, is important to get level left to right on front AND back (pf flexes). It's amazing how many people focus on pitch but ignore level of pf..no one talks about it. This very topic came up during a recent chat with a very well known "machine master".. .

Would like to hear folks leveling techniques....

#3833 65 days ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Updated code the other day to .99. This probably already been mentioned, but with updated code, timer in Grandpa's Lab sometimes starts 2-3 seconds early, but more often starts 2-3 seconds later. Sent an email to Stern....

I have not updated to .99....and mine does this as well......

#3868 63 days ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Just saw the latest 'Top 100', can't believe Munsters went from 8th to 50.... Doesn't really matter, love my LE, family enjoys it, thats the bottom line....just surprises me.

where is this list...? never mind....found it

#3927 62 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Meh....the extras come in around $1k if you were to buy separately (if you could even get the backglass, blades, etc.), and you'd have to re-decal the cab. They're all too expensive, so I'd rather at least have the one that appeals to me the best.

Yup!! will keep my LE. I love it.... but it hates me..... lol

#3975 61 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New code :
PRO V1.00 - May 29, 2019
========================
Fixed:
- The HOW-TO attract videos will now not play if turned off from the standard
adjustments.
- Fixed some speech timings.
- Fixed Munster Madness level II timer issues.
New:
- Added Topper lamp effects
- Added Team Credits ESaster egg: 1 2 3. To see it you Hold in Both flippers,
then you enter numbers with the left flipper and enter on with the right.
Finally, when you are done you have to enter one last time with the right
flipper. So 1 2 3 would be B LR LLR LLLR R
- Added Topper clock effect to Raven Multiball Jackpots
Tweaked:
- Changed the Marilyn award to LIGHT MARILYN SUPER JACKPOT and START SUPER
POPS at 2 and then every 2 thereafter.
- Added a guaranteed ball save time to Raven Multiball.
- Pressing the top button to start a game when there are no credits will no
longer make a sound as the button is released.
- Starting a game with zero credits will now only make a sound 3 times before
the game will wait an hour before it will make sounds again.
Moved to SYS 2.27:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after BACKBOX
SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their default
values.

#3992 61 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

A color Prem coming out doesn't affect my LE purchase at all. I still prefer having the LE package and the Prem translite is my least favorite of the bunch.

Ditto here! I bought the LE for the LPF and the backglass.... and it plays awesome... #48

#4001 61 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well it sure does though if you didn’t want to spend the extra $1,500 for an LE when you don’t really care about the mirror translite, etc.! Don’t tell me saving $1,500 isn’t a big deal to a lot of people. Some people just want the main features you get on the premium. The ONLY reason I bought an LE is I wanted color. Pretty unbelievable that some people can’t see that any way you sliced it Stern treated their Munster customers poorly by doing what they have done. This was not a $50 purchase. This is near ten grand that’s probably the most expensive toy anyone buys for their home. What else costs that much? Nothing inside the house. A car, a boat sure they cost a ton, but these pins are expensive machines and it was not fair to screw people like they did. Seems all that Stern was considering was maximizing sales. But in alienating customers they also lose money. Generally it’s never smart business to treat your customers as only a source of profit.

didnt alienate me.....

#4003 61 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah I get that but it obviously has annoyed a lot of people. Is it really hard to see that that anger is justified?

kinda... you got the game you paid for.... the color prem does not have the same art...no HD glass.... etc....

#4007 61 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The playfield is identical, only the cabinet and translite is different. I get it, some people don’t care. But it is ridiculous to conclude because you don’t care that no one else has a right to. If everyone agreed what Stern did was fine, we wouldn’t be discussing it would we?

No really don't get it... as a car guy...Dodge releases a RT ....then a SRT...then a Hellcat...then a Demon...and then the next year model comes out.. just buy what you like...

#4070 61 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Here ya go[quoted image][quoted image]

I could not get that upper nut to grab with the washer on there.... any tricks? I left the washer off....

#4091 60 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Careful if you leave the washer off the nut will dig into the plastic significantly

Yea I am going to pull the glass tomorrow to install Herman and drac one... and figure it out..

#4112 60 days ago

The new code did not fix the countdown issue in the LP...at least for me... its a crap shoot... one time the timer is set to 18...and does not start counting until ball is launched... next time... starts counting and by time a ball is launched its at 10-12...

#4119 60 days ago

how you get those....??

#4131 60 days ago
Quoted from gac:

They were in the goodie bag with the key fob.

Goodie bag?

#4133 60 days ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I think that the Pro games got a goodie bag... I did not with my Prem.

I did not with my LE.....

#4137 60 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you guys sure? My LE came with a goodie bag. Stapled to the left side of the cabinet. Just to the left of the coin box.

Guess I should have looked in the bag.... my bad... thought it was just paperwork......its in the file cabinet....

#4141 59 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Might want to check again....mine was in there (LE, first round)...

Yea its there....I didnt check the bag..thought it was all paperwork

#4181 59 days ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

After watching Stern making of the Munsters I noticed the lightning bolt in frot of the machine lights up. Not on mine.. had a look at it today.. found the wires soldered the wrong way round. [quoted image]

What lightning bolt?

#4183 59 days ago

Ok so got the protector on grandpa....that was fun..... one more...Herman.... will tackle today. Any pointers.....

#4189 58 days ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Re-assemble the optos before doing anything else when putting it back together. They are easy to miss. I had to disassemble the whole thing again.

optos?

#4196 58 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Important when you reassemble everything, go into switch mode to insure they are seeing each other before putting ramp plastics back on, finishing install

Thanks!

#4200 58 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You'll do fine...Just take care and time w points above. It's the hardest on this set, for sure, but doable. Nothing has to break, and it fits well....Oh...Also just be real careful when removing the small screws, that they don't drop down in the cab...Another PITA to find

So far the only one with a real prob was right side bumper. Where the rail mounts. No matter how I tried I could not get the nut to grab.,,stud not long enough. I had an extra protector...so drum sander on a dremel and tool a small amount of material off the protector in that corner. Bingo! Got it

Now Grandpa was just a pain...

#4202 58 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You'll do fine...Just take care and time w points above. It's the hardest on this set, for sure, but doable. Nothing has to break, and it fits well....Oh...Also just be real careful when removing the small screws, that they don't drop down in the cab...Another PITA to find

Got it! Done. Was not that bad. One thing I did was lift the playfield and got the excess line on the optos... made it easier to mount.

Thanks for all the pointers. Now clean the LP glass....and play!!

#4218 58 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Got it! Done. Was not that bad. One thing I did was lift the playfield and got the excess line on the optos... made it easier to mount.
Thanks for all the pointers. Now clean the LP glass....and play!!

Used a little template to keep track of what goes where...

protec (resized).JPG
#4242 58 days ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

OK gang, I feel like I should be working in the Stern factory making all these rubbers. Hard part is over, now just have to bevel the cut out section and they are ready to ship out next week.
More updates to follow tomorrow or Monday.
[quoted image]

Wow thanks!!! Hope you had a few beers while doing it!

#4272 56 days ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Update. All 22 rubber mods have been made. I will post a photo of the finished item with dimensions for others who wish to make one as I am officially retired from the rubber mod business.
I will start responding back to those in my PM box this week so you know its on the way to you. I'll try and post the photo this evening with the dimensions.

Can you give us Paypal etc to reimburse you for your work etc..???

#4274 56 days ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Decided to do something about that shameless right drain. I installed a 2nd. post and rubber ring from Marco, just north of the factory post to "close the gap" and experimented with the size of the ring. The ball still slips thru, but it has to be a direct hit to do it.
NOW, it drains much less. Problem fixed permanently. Takes some of the frustration out of the game play.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Boy those right side drains piss me off.... not sure I am up to drill a hole though...

#4280 56 days ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

When I buy a used game I need to look a little closer now
I too get sick of some game plays I have had in which I have my share of drains, and it is aggravating..but I don't want to change the dynamics of the game. It's kinda like pulling up bowling lane guards for the grandkids.

Feel the same way.... just block them altogether.... just me though.

#4297 55 days ago
Quoted from RANBOW:

So excited I can't stand it. Have not even told the loved one yet. My Munsters Pro, first new in box is scheduled to come this weekend. I will be out of town, but am having it delivered to the office and put into the warehouse until I return and can drag it home for unboxing and set up.

My LE was my first NIB...and first pinball ever. Last bonus from work on retirement... I love it. Enjoy

#4299 55 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You sir, just retired. Got your first pin. You, I, and other gray hairs are the market Stern and others are looking for

I worked on pins and old school arcade games when in tech school in early 80s... ( Centipede track balls... grrr). 30 years as a engineer ...pulled the plug at 60. LOVE IT. Now I am eyeballing a 66 Batman... lol

#4314 55 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Why don't you just stretch a rubber band across the two posts? Then it won't drain at all.

I seem to get more SDTM drains....especially now that I took an hour and leveled it.....

#4337 54 days ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Got mine all set up. Love the game and theme. Time for some mods. Have mirror blades and a shaker so far.. Turned ball save on as well. 28,000,000 best score so far, tough game..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!! Get a set of protectors as well. The green looks cool too,....

#4341 53 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you all. I did the update this morning. All went well. Until I played a game.
What happened?
I am usually struggling to make 10-15 million per 3-ball game. A couple of times I made 60-70 mil and one time I made 124 million.
With the 1.0 update I knocked down 65 million points. It was just nuts.
Ball 2 was a bust because as I was taking this pic of Ball 1 the pin auto-launched Ball 2 and drained.
Ball 3 went Munster Madness as soon as the ball hit the play field. It all happened so fast that I'm not sure what happened.
Plus I had my first experience with both the upper and lower play field operating at the same time. This cannot stay. I like the upper play field. And I like the lower play field. But not both at the same time; It seems like a He-man contest of "look what I can do".
The one game is all I have played. I want to see if what I experienced is what I was supposed to experience. I did not turn into a superstar pin player overnight and this upgrade makes me feel like that.
I need to go in and change my settings but I wanted to see if my experience is normal to everybody else before I do anything else.
[quoted image]

Why did Ball 2 auto launch?

#4389 50 days ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

For those of you that have purchased the DVD series since purchasing the machine... I gotta say I'm loving these old episodes.
I seriously can't pick a favorite and I'm so impressed that they have stood the test of time. So many of those old shows from my childhood are almost intelligence insulting – ha ha – but not the Munsters. It truly is a testament to the writers.
Stayed up till 2:30 last night watching a few episodes. Last night, Herman went out swimming and a Russian submarine thought he was a sea monster and picked him up. By the end of the show, he got them all singing and dancing. Lily couldn't find him and was pissed!
Anyway, my brother made a cool move and bought the series for me when I got my machine. Just wanted to pass it on if there was any interest. It has been posted by others before but as a reminder, here is the series.[quoted image]

Its great! and $25 for 12 discs......steal!

#4402 50 days ago

Was just checking the Stern website.....Munsters T shirts!!

#4411 49 days ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

dang it!! now I am fixated on figuring out a way to get a BM66 in my house without my wife killing me!!

In the same boat.... but think Ii will be putting a deposit on a new Catwomen edition today...

#4436 47 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Lol: Whiz bang color all the way! Batman is the best!!
When are you going to jump in? Who-Dey will put you into a trance...Keep up emailing our friends at Stern. Go more code!!

I also just joined the BM66 club as well.....deposit sent on Catwoman edition...!!

#4494 42 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have missed on a couple of Munster Madness because I could not light up Grandpa's Machine. EVerything else was ready, but Grandpa's shrunken balls had minds of their own

Mine is Spot.... I have everything but.... and then SDTM....or the dang right side... I think I want to try some slightly larger bumpers on those right side posts.....

#4495 42 days ago

I would like to see these on a LE. They go over the original ones? Destroy them..??

#4498 42 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

They go over the existing one. I don't know if the original ones will get damaged if you were to try to remove them.

Do you think they would damage the originals? Would like to keep game intact while adding mods etc. They look cool as hell!
Or maybe I can order a set of originals and stash away...

#4506 41 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't think Stern will sell you an original set of LE side blades for your LE unless you sign over your first born. You can buy the Black/White units for the Premium as they are listed for sale. LE means some of the replacement parts have to be limited edition, as well, is my thinking.

I wondered about that.....

#4507 41 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

IMO, you would be better off to sell your LE and get a color Premium it for want to add those.

Guess I am leaving it alone...

#4510 41 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think the animated, lit ones look great, but preserving the LE features a good idea, imho...those blades look pretty cool anyway..
Notice how the troll mob is sort of leaving this title alone, and moving to the next? There are many buying and enjoying this game...Me being one

Agree!! Not sorry about this being my first NIB ( or any ) pin!!, Do have a BM66 on order....

#4556 38 days ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

only thing worse is when I have 3,4 or 5 in a row drain on RHS....how do they do that?!!?

Run a rubber band.... lol. I have been tempted... LOL

2 weeks later
#4762 23 days ago

has anyone put a playfield protector on a LE...???

#4771 23 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I have a PF protector on a different game that had one when I bought it and I am not sure I would do that. Game may play different. Not sure if you will get more money on resale down the road for putting a protector in???

Thinking the same thing....

#4775 23 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I was thinking of putting a protector my LE. I’m no stranger to protectors and I’m OK with the way they play. But,yeah, I prefer without.
I decided I was not going to worry about dimples. Luckily, so far, dimples have been minimal.
I’ll keep it clean and waxed and take my chances.
Edit: Some play field items have to come off to install the protector but it would not be difficult to install.

wondering about access to the lower playfield...

#4780 22 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You assholes should be on commission. The last page of this thread has me ready to pull the trigger on one of these machines. Still on the fence pro vs premium though.

The lower playfield is fun as hell......just saying.... lol

#4820 21 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Has anyone put the plastic protectors on their machine yet? Before I start doing cosmetic things I want to make sure I protect things well. Thinking the plastic protectors and a set of cliffy's as my first upgrades. I've already had an air ball land on one of the slingshot plastics. Anyone have a preference on who is best to buy the protectors from? I've never purchased from any of the sites that carry them

I put protectors on my LE right away. Got from Mezels Mods. Have a set of Cliffys that were delivered yesterday ( he is behind...so expect to wait a bit)

The protectors were fairly easy.... Herman and Drac were the hardest... take pictures of where everything goes. I made a template using the protectors to help show me what screws went where...

protec (resized).JPG
#4825 20 days ago

Ah cool. Thanks for the link. How are you liking the green?

Green looks awesome!

#4829 20 days ago

I like the green on my LE...

green (resized).JPG
#4837 15 days ago

Installing Cliffys on my LE.... have these 2 left...and dont know where or how they go.....???

cliff (resized).JPG
#4839 15 days ago
Quoted from hd60609:

The shorter one looks like the ball drain. It often chips going into the trough. The longer looks like the right side of the shooter lane. You'll have to unscrew the rail on the right side to get it into position. Careful with it not to scratch or gouge the clear coat in the shooter lane. Just take your time.

Got them! Thanks!

#4844 13 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Installing Cliffys on my LE.... have these 2 left...and dont know where or how they go.....???[quoted image]

Well after looking at the install pics on Batman 66 Cliffys... I realize I put my drain protector on the wrong side..... geez....back in I go...

drain (resized).JPG
#4869 12 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t feed the troll cottonm4 .......Still have no idea why non owners post in owners threads.

yup. Never sell my LE... code is fine...game rocks....

#4874 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In club threads it’s my understanding it’s for everyone that likes the game. I don’t own Munsters, but I love playing it.

Thats probably fine... but if you dont like it and are here just to bash....there are other threads for that.....

#4897 9 days ago

Highly recommend a tool set like this if you don't have one. The flexible shaft makes getting at hard to reach places quite simple.
amazon.com link »
I was able to get that screw back in with minor disassembly and when I checked the screw on the other side it too was loose and needed about 2 turns of tightening. Recommend you check those. I don't see any thread lock at all on the screws.

Add to cart!

#4899 8 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok folks, who has got their Munsters toppers on order? Does anyone have any info on them at all? Looks like the Raven may actually come out of a door? I got mine ordered and i cant wait to get it and put it on my game, looks like a beautiful topper!

how did you order?

#4909 8 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I Googled “Munsters pinball tipper”. That led me to EBay.
It is there for $425.00. !!
That’s a lot of jack.

after spending what I did on the game,,,, will have to pass..... stick with the car from Bradfords,,,,,

1 week later
#4994 2 days ago

Well I just tried to order....and shows sold out.....

#4996 2 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ut oh...Surely more coming soon

Hope so.... sent a email to Stern

#4999 1 day ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

There's one on E bay from a authorized dealer for same cost that Stern in charging on their site. This guy had 10 of them and I bought the last one in that listing but he added a single one the next day. I ordered mine Thursday night , it shipped out very next day and will arrive this Wednesday . The shipping is a little higher than Stern but you avoid the sales tax and earn a few EBay bucks which makes it even way more cheaper than the Sterns Shop. He even takes offers if you're willing to risk loosing it to his buy it now price.

The one I found on Ebay is free shipping.....

#5002 1 day ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Great job! Double bonus!
There were 2 of them listed from different sellers and I noticed they are both gone now. Hope some other Pinsider got the other one.

How much was shipping from Stern?

#5007 1 day ago

$440.00 free shipping.
ebay.com link » Stern The Munsters Pinball Topper

Ordered.... my wife is going to kill me.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside