P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaylar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I'm close to buffalo and the Bills are my team. Great game and Great guy Fast Eddie And PinGraffix, who I got the game from with blades installed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those the lit blades? If so, video would be very appreciated!

20190227_220447 (resized).png20190227_220447 (resized).pngwinner-of-the-not-my-job-award-adot-litchfield-park-7551108 (resized).pngwinner-of-the-not-my-job-award-adot-litchfield-park-7551108 (resized).png
#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I'm close to buffalo and the Bills are my team. Great game and Great guy Fast Eddie And PinGraffix, who I got the game from with blades installed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those the lit blades? If so video would be very appreciated!

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

If you look through the long list of Munsters episodes there is SO much that could be added to this game ....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Munsters_episodes
Modes and mini modes could be based on episodes and what happens within the episode and the corresponding clips could play on screen. Universal still have the footage so there is scope for many additions.
Example for Premium/LE.....Ep7.....Eddie and a school science project.....work a mode where Eddie Loops are required to open Grandpa's Lab, go downstairs and achieve required ( insert task here ....the science experiment )...then back up top a loop or two, scoop for jackpot to finish that mini mode.
Stuff like that....
There ya go.....positive

Exactly. This theme is a goldmine and could contain lots of cool modes.

2 weeks later
#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I am digging this game as well on location.. fun shooter. Really shines when playing multiplayer for points. I have a PREM on order, but really hope Dwight adds a few more dashes of variety of the modes, getting to Munster Madness 2 on the regular is fun but needs some more filling during the journey. Shocked there isn't any Eddie, Marylin, or Igor (BAT) modes based on orbits/combos/spinners with more video clips. Come on DWIGHT.

Agree. I'm still on the fence on this game due to those reasons. This theme screams for cool modes, not just jackpots, and there should be plenty of material in the episodes.

#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

waiting for a ball to get stuck down there

downloadfile (resized).jpgdownloadfile (resized).jpg

#2966 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

They could still do it

Yep, there are a lot of us itching to pull the trigger if they would just bring the code up a notch.

#2981 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, I just read that one. Some good points lost in hyperbole on both sides.
Yes, it’s always human nature to want more but in this case that would require a large cash outlay and a hope that what was an exception for Dwight is repeated. Until there is no reasonable shot of getting a Premium NIB I don’t have anything forcing my hand on a decision so I’m perfectly fine in waiting to see what the future brings.
Munsters is a perfect fit for my game room. But for it to come in, I need to be relatively confident it will stay for an extended period of time. I don’t yet have that confidence. Unlike many here I can still love the game but not want it. And that’s where I am today. But I still want to want it.

My thoughts exactly.

1 week later
#3288 4 years ago

So finally got to play this game (a PRO) on location. Really liked it but it does have it's pros and cons.

On the plus side: Love the theme and music, perfect for pinball. Fast and actionpacked game with quite a lot to handle, trying not to drain. Awesome ramps and loop shots. Fantastic artwork on playfield and cabinet. Fun (!) to play and gives you that 90:s pinball feeling again!

Negatives: The on screen interface looks really bad, really a shame (although I get that it's not easy making something look good together with the old clips). Code is really pretty shallow, as most people already have stated - this fabolous theme needs a more solid code with more modes, tasks and moments connecting to the tv-show. It's so close to being an all time classic. Spot should have a spotlight, almost missed him popping up.

All in all a really good game that I kept putting money in. Must be awesome on location and as a casual home pin, perfect for playing with friends on parties. Almost (!) pulling the trigger on one for myself, but waiting for a serious code upgrade first.

#3385 4 years ago

Here's another one. Substantial code update and I'll get a LE or Premium NIB. As of now I'm hesitating even on a used Pro.

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Ok now that I poked some fun at this earlier floated info in which I did hear of it along the lines myself, Lets see what you guys would like to have done to the code rework if it were to happen.
1- A wizard mode would be awesome, this game really screams for one.
2- Marylin Mode & Champion where how many boyfriends you can get to escape by shooting her ramp when lit is recorded.
3- Al & Fred worked extremely well together here and had some of the funniest lines in the sitcom, surely some more of Grandpa's and Herman's bickering calls can be added during play.
4- Eddie orbit mode & Champion. Needs a little more, make him after so many loops feed spot or something to accomplish a nice payout.
5- Grandpas lab instead of the mono tone girl saying jackpot, wack it up with Grandpa say "Yes Yes and laughing / That's right, that's the ticket"
6- Spots Roar when spot pops up. If he does roar now, I never hear it lol.
7- More call outs from the shows, I know there were two seasons almost 80 shows but they used a lot from early season 1, love to see and hear more added. (covered in points 3 & 5 but felt its important enough to mention it again)
Now I'm not griping as we love the game but if by any chance this rework is possibly a fact, I think adding some more will really establish this game as one of the all time greats, in addition sales will jump a lot as this theme hits many folks from their youth. A little more depth objectives added on the journey really couldn't hurt.
Polishing and lighting effects we can do afterwards
What would you guys like to see within reason of course. Please no flaming people suggestions/opinions but maybe there is something said that Stern can take away from it and add it to coding just makes it better for everyone.
So what say you.................[quoted image]

Very good ideas. Would also like to see something more on the horror-side as the game is very lighthearted right now.

#3407 4 years ago

Anyone happen to have extensive gametime on all three models (or Pro together with Premium/LE)? Interested in hearing which model you prefer and why.

#3412 4 years ago

The Munsters was a very lighthearted show, not sure if we'll see horror to the likes of Freddy, BSD, MS Frankenstein etc.. Remember in their minds at the time they were the normal and after watching for a while we felt that way too about them lol, even spot probably the most fierce creature in the show was a chicken scared of his own shadow. IMHO the lighthearted fits in flawless with the theme as the show was intended for family fun and now a pinball blast.
BTW I heard a few complaints about the laugh tracks during game play but I think it's awesome and fits well.

I guess I mean more moments with the characters being "scary" fully aware its supposed to be funny.

1 week later
#3594 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

Finished with the topper today.

That topper alone makes me wanna buy this pin. Is it for sale? Price?

#3596 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

It was a homemade deal.
Sheet of acrylic was about $30. I hand engraved it as I do not have access to a CNC or laser engraver. My wife especially likes the bats.
Strip of 36 LED lights run by an Arduino programmed to color change with random color lighting effect. Every minute or so, a random bright lightning flash effect hits to draw more attention.
Munsters house kit, coach diecast, and HO scale trees all sourced and put together.

Very well done! Especially like the clean look and the random lighting effect.

#3639 4 years ago

Wondering if tomorrows State of the Union Address from Stern will touch on any of the rumblings many have heard about the code rework/rewrite or however they wish to call it

Sure hope they don't miss the opportunity.

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Driving my way into the club!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Please do an unboxing or review on your Youtube channel!

1 week later
#4222 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

OK gang, I feel like I should be working in the Stern factory making all these rubbers. Hard part is over, now just have to bevel the cut out section and they are ready to ship out next week.
More updates to follow tomorrow or Monday.
[quoted image]

Nice job. Can you please share the dimensions so people can do it themselves?

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

There are enough nuances to the game as is. Delay those jackpots, etc etc.

Can you please elaborate on what more there is than delaying jackpots? I'm serious.

Added over 5 years ago:

EDIT: Ok so I was maybe a bit harsh, sorry for that.

#4329 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The glass would be on but you may see things you definitely dont want to see.
Now with that being said, i do have a 7 second ball save on my game and i wont deny it. I forgot about that but i don't think i used it anyway. I like the game better with a ball save on, i dont care what Dwight says. I had it turned off and kind of liked it on better and then some local pinheads came over and they were like....oh man no ball save wtf? I then turned it back on and never looked back. I like it with a ball save 100% better.

Ballsave definitely needs to be on, makes the game much more enjoyable. Also set my Herman to take three shots instead of one before Herman multiball is lit, as it is way to easy on factory settings. Evens out the ballsave I think.

#4347 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Now this is what I call a Munsters fanatic! Saw this car driving today and had my son taken a picture of it while we were stopped.[quoted image]

Who-Deys wife out shopping?

#4350 4 years ago

Been playing the used PRO I recently bought some more and really like this game. The theme, layout and shots are really good. I have been bashing the code, and yes it would be nice with more goals - but the game is really fun and intense already! Love the combination of horror and humor. Got tons of mods ordered.

#4352 4 years ago

A question for those who upgraded the speakers on their Pros to the Kenwood ones, have you noticed any better sound?

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Yes. A bit. It’s a fuller sound. Cleaner highs.
And aesthetically it looks great, at least in the premium.

Ok! I got hold of the speakers but where do I get the rest of the parts needed for the Pro?

#4428 4 years ago

Ok some noob questions:
How do I know how many multipliers I've got?
What does the x5 beside Dragula mean? Is it connected to multipliers?
I keep hitting Kitty but never get more than about one million on my Super jackpots, what am I doing wrong?

#4434 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You cannot advance kitty until it’s lit/flashing. Each time you hit it while it’s lit/flashing, it will advance your playfield multiplier. Look for the blue inserts between the flippers by the drain. There’s a 2x and a 3x. If you hit kitty enough, both will become lit and that means you have 6x playfield multipliers. That’s the max.
That’s the first step to big super jackpot collects. Then you need to work on stacking as many super jackpots at the Dragula shot as possible. You get them by doing well in these areas of the game:
The Supers are:
1 - LILY
2 - HERMAN
3 - GRANDPA
4 - ENLARGING RAY (only on the LE/PREMIUM)
5 - RAVEN
6 - SPOT
7 - MYSTERY
8 - EDDIE
9 - MARILYN
10 - ZAP
The values of those super jackpots before playfield multipliers, are below depending on how many you have stacked at once.
the value starts at 350K. It builds a small amount each time you put a ball in to the GRANDPA scoop. Then its multiplied by how many you have stacked:
1 = 1X
2 = 3X
3 = 6X
4 = 10X
5 = 13X
6 = 15X
7 = 17X
8 = 19X
9 = 21X
10 = 23X
If you’re only getting 1 million super jackpot collects, you’re probably only collecting one or two of them at minimal playfield multipliers. The LCD screen at the bottom left always tells you how many SJPs you have currently stacked and ready to collect.
The 5x insert at Dragula has nothing to do with all this.

Thanks for a really detailed explanation, very much appreciated! I need to practice all of that.

So what does the 5x at Dragula mean?

#4442 4 years ago

So you guys that have put in the Kenwood (LE) speakers in your Munsters Pro, which extra parts were required and where did you get them?

#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I put the new code and a shaker motor in my pro and it plays great now. It's a keeper I love it.

Did that too and agree. The new code seem much more balanced. Also I changed so it takes 3 shoots to lit Herman which made that mode more satisfying.

#4450 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Also, keep in mind if a person would choose to do this 4" to 5 1/2" speaker upgrade and want to use one of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits....you would not have to buy the gaskets and spacers listed above, as the Speaker Light Kit frames would be used in their place.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks for the info! Do I understand correctly that if I buy your product I would still need the speaker plates from Pinballlife?

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yes, if you are going from a 4" to a 5 1/2" speaker....you will need a different speaker plate that is made to accommodate a 5 1/2" speaker.
If you are using one of my Standard or Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.....you would NOT need the speaker gaskets or spacers that I also listed above, as my Speaker Light Kit frames add the 1/2" of spacer needed that the gaskets and spacers were allowing, if my light kits were not used. It was just my way of saying...."If you are interested in one of my Speaker Light Kits with this 4" to 5 1/2" upgrade....no need to spend the $30 on the gaskets and spacers when they won't be needed if my Speaker Light Kit is used".
As I stated, I am looking into offering a 5 1/2" speaker plate option, but I haven't decided on what I would like to do as far as that goes and I know that, in any case, would be months away.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Great, ordering from overseas, that's why I wanna be sure (as shipping, custom fees and 25% taxes on total cost are added).

#4477 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Hot FKN Damn!
171 million !!! I don't know if I am getting better or just got lucky. Doesn't matter. All I know is that the play got wild and intense. And I suppose a little out of control (Bowen is someone I aspire to be, but not just yet ) It was a blast ! I see new light shows and hear new sounds. It is a righteous pinball machine.
I think I may take it off of free play and force myself to feed it real money. At the rate I'm goin' I'll have it paid off in 6 months !
[quoted image]

Well done! Got my first score over 140 million last night and had a blast too.

#4522 4 years ago

I´m looking for a splitter for the dome flashers, anyone know where I can find one? Need it as I want to add another flasher to the left and right dome flashers. If anyone can help me out, please send a PM.

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Comet pinball

Couldn't find it there (though they had other splitters), but I'll send them an email.

#4529 4 years ago

So are there any cool shooter rods out there? Considering Sterns Wolfie-rod but maybe there are better ones?

#4601 4 years ago

So has anyone purchased the side armour for the Pro? Pics please!

#4624 4 years ago
Quoted from Ebirah:

Side armor arrived today for my Pro. Fairly straightforward install (about 30 minutes) and looks great. I didn't attach the additional screws under the points on the web, however, it is flat against the cabinet and the resulting holes are not noticeable against the dark background on either side.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good! What material are they?

#4633 4 years ago

So I upgraded my Pro speakers to the LE ones. Must say it is a significant improvement! The sound is much clearer and with more definition. Always felt that the sound was muffled before and guess I was right. Would say it is the best upgrade of all that I've made so far (shaker, mirror blades, tons of other mods).

#4656 4 years ago

Finally a decent score!

20190615_154642 (resized).jpg20190615_154642 (resized).jpg
#4658 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Not bad. When you start getting those kind of points it gets pretty wild on the play field, don't it? For me, it was quite and adrenaline rush.

Sure is! Raven multiball is my favourite mode. Love that you can restart it!

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Got some pictures to share? Where can one buy them?

The LE-speakers are the Kenwood KFC-S1366, about 30$ on ebay. You then need to order these parts from www.pinballlife.com:

2 x Stern SPIKE 2 Speaker Plate For 5.25" Drivers (SKU: 515-1941-00)
2 x Stern Speaker Gasket (SKU: 626-5113-00)
8 x Plastic spacers 1/2" (SKU: 254-5000-xx)

About 100$ for these parts, total cost is around 130$.

You need to solder the old connectors to the new speakers. Part from that the installation is very simple.

#4674 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I felt the middle area of my pro needed some more light so I added 4 spots to brighten it up. I used existing screws so it's completely reversable. Here is a before and after shot with only the GI on.[quoted image][quoted image]

Well done. I have some spots on the way for my Pro as well.

#4675 4 years ago

Anyone got the Wolfie shooter rod from Stern? Is it good? Pics?

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I didn't see any damage to the pallet it was on. Just the one corner was completely opened up about half way. Enough to stick my hand in and remove the box the legs were in. Looked like it was either dropped or something really heavy put on top of it. It does sound like I lucked out and will be calling Amazon in the morning after taking another look. I'm really impressed with Amazon's response so far.

Yes that sounds like really good customer service. As others have stated you're probably fine and shouldn't need to return it. Enjoy!

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is our Munsters topper at folks? I want one!

They are waiting to release it together with a massive code update

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

How does pro hold up against the others? I'm not a big fan of mini playfields.
Is pro worth getting?

Haven't played the Premium/LE but really like the Pro. You don't get the lower playfield (which looks awesome) but you also don't get any interruptions in gameplay. So it's one hell of a intense game playing the Pro (even though you can get even more intense on the dual playfield multiball on the Premium/LE). I also didn't want to spend that much money to get the lower playfield.

#4710 4 years ago

Can someone please explain what the ZAP-button does, part from cancelling Super Jackpots? I don´t get it

#4824 4 years ago

Anyone installed the shooter lane protector that you can buy from Mezelmods? Does it cover the start of the metal ramp, making the edges by the screws less protruding? I get a lot of airballs and wish to avoid too much wood work.

#4826 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Green looks awesome!

I didn't like green. Was too much and ruined the green effect on Herman. Getting the clear ones.

#4830 4 years ago

Anyone got the flashing drag light mod from Mezelmods and care to show a video of it in action?

1 week later
#4877 4 years ago

Hopefully there will be something added when the topper is released.

#4892 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Have played another 20+ games between last night and today....gotta say, this right lane drain is driving me a little cra cra. Kept informal total over past 5 games or so, out of every 10 drains, 1 is on the left hand side, 3-4 are down the middle, 5-6 are right hand side drains. And that's after moving the post down a little and putting a slightly bigger washer on the post!

Tried changing the level of the right legs?

#4922 4 years ago

Damn. I've got pretty much all mods there is for my Pro (except Modcouples because USPS lost the package). Guess I'll have to get the new Kitty as well (got Mezelmods right now).

#4931 4 years ago

Nice but man thats a pricy cookoo-clock!

#4956 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Some of us would like to see some video, as well. I'm not being negative, but for 4 and a half yards of the greenstuff I would like to see that I am not buying a static print that could just as easily hang on the wall.
So, how does this unit plug into the pin or get its signals to start its action?

For me it's about 700 $ when including international shipping, custom fees and 25% taxes on total cost - so I too would like to see it in actual gameplay before considering it. As I've already modded and customised my Pro for about 2000$ my game is starting to get expensive I do like what I'm seeing so far though (except the price).

#4990 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes i agree totally. I noticed that immediately and i hate it.

Now don't be a negative nancy

But seriously that doesn't sound great. There must be a way to tone it down, either via code or physically.

#5047 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok here is my topper take.
This is my second topper. I am not wanting to throw stern under the bus. But I just learned there are a few more bad toppers. So here is my take.
My first topper, made a buzzing noise and the clock did not move. The raven popped ok and was good.
Second topper when plugged in first time, clock moved and everything good. Except raven door hit top of front plastic. Came down to game room today to take the videos from the Videos in the post above. Clock did not turn until I started it by hand.
My take is the clock gear is problematic. There is a opto at the top and a gear that travels thru it. If the gear is not perfectly straight then it rubs and slows down the clock or stops it all together. See video

So I have taken the time to rebend every arm of the gear to get it to run as smoothly as I can. Should I have to do this? Most will not be able to. So it's going to be a issue or burned up motors.
Then the raven door and clearance opening and closing. But the coil that opens and closes is the loudest thunk I have every heard, louder then spot popping up in the game. Plus the blinding flasher behind the raven that blinds you.
I like the topper and the feature, but theyare questionable issues. I hope stern can figure them out.
Magicchiz

Thanks. Sounds like it would be wise to wait until the toppers are made more reliable. Too bad and I think Stern is just shooting themselves in the foot when cheaping out on the construction/parts. All the returns will make the profit low and piss people off.

#5058 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm going to have to wait and see about the topper. There are way too many problems, especially for over $400.

For me in Sweden it's 700$, so I'll wait as well.

#5093 4 years ago

Jesus the toppers seem like a nightmare. Thought the high price tag would warrant a sturdy product, but it seems to be the direct opposite

#5114 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Whoever’s in charge will get a “do better next time” and maybe a question on how the Star Wars topper is doing.

Meanwhile I really like my Munsters, finally getting the last mods in place. It is truly a great game. If Dwight just puts in a couple of juicy modes and some more theme integration things are going to be just fine.

#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I received my topper last Wednesday but haven’t had the time to open it up and install it until tonight . I’ve been reading all the issues with them but thought surely mine will be ok. Surely they didn’t screw up that bad ... and look what was the first thing I noticed....A HANDLESS CLOCK!!!! [quoted image]

OMG. This is going from poor QC to intentional wrongdoing. I mean sending out several toppers where the clock has no hands... And so far has ANYONE got a working topper?

#5194 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Finally picking up a BW Premium... question for the club... art blades or mirror blades? Mirrors look great and add to some games and are too much on others. Just curious what the general opinions are for a BW Premium.

I went for black mirrors on my Pro and like it.

#5211 4 years ago

The graphical UI indicating which player is up could be improved. Right now nothing tells you that player 3 is up. The display shows Player 1, Player 2 and Player 4. A lot of my guests are confused when playing.

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Spot is absolutely the hardest mode for me to complete...Just can't consistently hit that shot

Feed ball to left flipper and make a shot from there. Works 95% of the time for me.

#5221 4 years ago
Quoted from WildRun:

New Munsters owner and new poster here! I had my topper installed last week and then read Pinside comments. Seems like mine is working. My clock hand does not turn constantly, just moves about 5 hours every now and then. During Raven Multiball it does spin. And looks like raven pops out appropriately. I want to be sure mine is not defective.

Congrats on a really fine pin - and topper it seems!

#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They actually look really cool. Game doesn’t really need any extra mods but tempted by those.

Having installed just about every mod out there, I highly recommend those mods (ramp illumination and sewage pipe) together with grandpa's chair and the flipper bats from Modcouple mods. Really elevates the look and theme of the game.

#5286 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Is there a post specifically addressed to Dwight/Stern regarding Munsters wish-list code? A place where people can list any requests and keep them all in one thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-would-you-like-to-see-the-munsters-code-evolve

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Also, tell him to make a Jonny Quest pin !!!

Tell him he did a damn fine job on the Munsters as well! Now just a little more code and we'll be over the moon.

1 month later
#5631 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I know I'm not a great player by any means but I keep seeing people ragging on this pin saying how easy and boring it is. I just don't understand that statement. My pro has over 1k plays on it since I got it and I've probably played 900 of them. My best score is in the 200 mil range with my average score in the 100-120 mil range. I have never made it to munster madness #2 and there are apparently 3 levels. It would be nice if there was some variation on the modes in each level but it's pretty hard. I'm finally getting good at spot and can usually get his jackpot without draining but man those slings love to throw the ball into the outlanes. I love it and I am still not bored of it. I wonder if these people ragging on it are the ones that played the pre 1.0 and got billions of points and never came back. Maybe there are still those on location with that old code in it? The current code is not easy.

I agree. Am really liking my Pro which kicks my ass (always draining just as I've saved up lots of super jackpots and multipliers).

I think the criticism is correct in regard to the code needing improvement but the game IS really good as it is.

1 week later
#5698 4 years ago
Quoted from Truent:

Ok here’s a link to the topper in action.

Thanks. Looks good!

#5786 4 years ago

I think anyone at Stern should be grateful that the customers care about their product enough to email them concerns and suggestions on improvement. If not, I don't think the company is going to last in the long run.

1 week later
#5949 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That’s EXACTLY what they said that they were going to do before shipping out the 2nd batch of toppers. This is a joke for real and Stern should be embarrassed.

It definitely is an embarrassement for Stern. Also I think they lost a lot of topper orders (me included).

#5992 4 years ago

So if I haven't got a topper, it really is no reason to update the code?

2 weeks later
#6207 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

there are several others to nudge

As long as you don't tilt

Stern should be interested in updating the code since it is deterring a lot of people from buying the game at this point.

#6243 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What's missing here? #sternqualitycheck[quoted image]

Seriously? I've said before, this is intentional wrongdoing.

1 week later
#6361 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That would be awesome! This is such a wonderful game as is, but would become epic if the code/show material content was significantly increased. Many don’t know how good it is because of the lack of show content.

True. I am close to selling mine as it really needs more code (single game collection).

#6412 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Is it just me, but it seems like the way the game is designed, it sets you up for failure? Slingshot hits drain down the sides 80% of the time and targets shoot it right back down the center. I love the game but get frustrated from time to time. I will have a good ball, and the next 2 drain without barely hitting it. Just wondering! Maybe mine’s set up wrong or I’m a shitty player.

Try raising and lowering legs on left and right sides.

#6500 4 years ago

I use Sterns shaker on moderate setting and works great, no problems what so ever.

#6513 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You mean I can adjust the setting? How?

There is a setting in the system menu where you can adjust how frequently the shaker should activate.

#6559 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I am still waiting on my machine. I also ordered a few mods. This (picture) was sent as a freebie, but I have no clue were it will go, help.
Thank you[quoted image]

What the hell is that? I've got all mods thats out there but haven't seen that!

3 weeks later
#6823 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Anybody who buys one of this is going to get a limited edition A$$ f*cking lol. Excuse my language but i am so shocked over the price of this thing that i dont even know what to say. It looks like it should be sitting on the shelf at wal mart for $19.99. This is nothing but a test by Stern to see how much people are willing to spend on a topper.

Can't find it on their homepage, what's the price?

1 month later
#7009 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/munsters-topper
I am assuming that they are in stock but could be wrong.

Or topper dude got fired?

#7021 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

The Spot shot is the hardest for me and half the time I get it I was just lucky.
Raven multiball is brutal but interesting. No ball save but you can restart it by making the raven ramp shot again with your last ball.
I thought that was pretty clever and totally in character for the raven.
“You lost your balls Charlie!”

Love that you can restart Raven multiball!

2 weeks later
#7137 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stop scratching Cotton, because it is rinse repeat, level 1, 2 and 3. Near the same, with slight rule changes. It’s show material aligned with modes that we want. It is very slim in that regard. Didn’t buy Munsters to have one save ball sequence, basically showing material from 5 minutes of show content at best, except for the end of ball sequences (which don’t count). This is scanty programming on Dwight’s part. Will never buy one of his games again unless he makes this right. The Midnight Madness mode is one of the best and unless up until 12am, never even play that one.
I understand that John Borg spent many hours going through all the Munsters show material, cataloging and such to include lots of show content in the game. What happened to all that work???
Quite frankly it is pathetic the lack of Munsters show material and characters modes in the game (Lilly is almost no where to be found, nor Eddie, nor Marilyn). Not sure why you can’t see that. Take the minuscule Spot 20 second intro, Herman getting into the car for 5 seconds, Grandpa holding a shrinking ray for 5 seconds and what do you have??? Not much else. I’m getting quite irritated after spending this much money for the lack of show modes material.
Take away the little bit I’ve mentioned and you could rename the game to Zaps and Jackpots. Would have the same meaning and game play. I purchased Munsters not Zap/Jackpot as a theme. Get the lead out Stern and Dwight and actually give us what we all paid for. I’ve purchased 6 NIB Stern’s this past year and will stop the spending unless they deliver. I’ve not asked for any more code on any of the other 5, as they have been coded by people whom actually are given the time or get the job done, with the exception of SW, which Dwight did do a great job with.
Can you imagine what SW would be like if it was mainly focused on just changing the multiplier arrows around the PF, with almost no show content or modes? Instead, it has similar zap/jackpots coded in for longevity, but tons of modes with show material all over the place. With lots of Han, Luke, Leia and R2D2 content. Munsters should be similar and it would sell like hotcakes, not just the flurry that happened right at the beginning. Stern would have a hit on their hands then, for years to come.

Got tired of waiting and sold my Munsters.

3 months later
#8267 3 years ago

Truly embarrassing for Stern. This is clear evidence of the toppers not even being lit up before shipping. Unbelievable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaylar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.