Topic Stats

• 4,719 posts - Hot topic!
  • 316 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 minutes ago by DeathHimself
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 978 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2019-06-20-04-06-37-1 (resized).png
5A9E5718-07A2-4C70-857F-0506B2E316CE (resized).jpeg
IMG_1334 (resized).JPG
IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
IMG_1329 (resized).JPG
IMG_1325 (resized).JPG
IMG_1323 (resized).JPG
IMG_1318 (resized).JPG
2019-06-17 (resized).jpg
20190614_171950.jpg
20190614_171937.jpg
20190614_171944.jpg
20190614_171921.jpg
20190614_171913.jpg
20190614_171830.jpg
IMG_7451 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackalwere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 5 months ago

I'm in for an LE. My first NIB. Love the monster themes!

#100 5 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Considering all the negative posts on the hype thread, is anyone re-thinking their purchase?
I’m still in on my LE all the way and remain optimistic; but there’s been more negativity than naught in the other thread.
I’ve been overwhelmingly positive throughout the hype and reveal however I feel like I’m more in the minority now.
I’m still really excited about the pin and think it’s a beautiful looking package.
Rules will likely be deepened but gameplay still looks fast and fun regardless.

I'm not. They negativity is over the long stand up targets and the "shallow" rule set. About the targets - I couldn't care less. About the rules - the complainers haven't bothered learning the rules or watching the stream where Dwight explains it, they're only focused on Munster Madness and the lack of a wizard mode. Again, wizard modes mean nothing to me, I never get to them anyway, and Munster Madness isn't the only thing to focus on, plus the code will probably get an update or 2. So if the theme is cool and I have fun playing, the other stuff is just noise.

#111 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

I just ordered my LE. Never thought I was going to do the LE but had lots of back in forth with my local Dist (Nick @ Big Toys in Warren MI) and he helped thrash out things with multiple calls and e-mails - he is getting the Pro for the store and going to have a some of us over for private flip session on it when he gets it (great guy - he could have made the Pro or Premium sale and made some coin - but rather referred me to Colorado Game Exchange instead since he did not have access to an LE). He is even going to come help me set it up for free.
I too started to get a little negatively deflected to second guessing myself from the Pinside Hype thread turn - but in the end the theme rocks for me - love the colors on the main and lower PF and think the lower PF will be a nice little break (always loved the stop and go (i.e. TZ & DI are 2 of my favorite games) ...................now starting to lean more toward flow................and this gives a nice combo of the 2). I am an OK player and now am lucky to have 6 games currently and some kick my ass enuf - as well as my GF, Sis and other friend azzes. I am OK if this is a little bit toward the easier side than my other games - will be good for them and I am not looking for super deep and hard all the time - I want to just have fun and this game looks like it checks all my boxes and integrates the video clips nicely. I already like it and suspect it will get a little fine tuned with future code and clips.
Super stoked for this game and this thread - nice to pop over here and get a pick me up and stay in the frame of mind I should be in - excited - waiting for this game!

Well said! I like your collection, great games there...

#214 4 months ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

From what I've read and heard, Level 2 is harder than Level 1 but I am just curious in what ways...

I thought it was interesting that Borg mentioned that Keith and Tim had not been able to complete level 2. Since Keith is one of the best players in the world, it sounds like beating level 2 is going to be very difficult.

1 month later
#1384 3 months ago
Quoted from brett:

It sucks running out of room. I’m there also.
My dilemma is I really like all of my collection.

I like your collection too! BTW, small world...my sister's inlaws live on Camano.

2 weeks later
#2068 3 months ago

I picked up my LE yesterday, #416. Unfortunately I won't be able to set it up until next weekend. This pin fits my growing monster theme perfectly. While I was at my distributor's I had a chance to see the Pro. I have to say it looks awfully bare without that lower playfield. I wish the Premium had been color, it would have saved me some money. This is the most I've ever paid for a pin. But I can't wait to fire up the LE!

#2077 3 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why? That black and white artwork is sexy as a mo fo!

It's cool and different, just not for me.

1 week later
#2354 82 days ago

I agree with a lot of what cooked71 said. I've had my LE set up for about 2 weeks now. Cashed in all my stock and put the rest on my cc. I am by no means rich and this is the most I've ever paid for a game, but we are gravitating towards monster themes (SS, CFTBL, MSF, BSD etc.) and it fits perfectly. I didn't want black and white - Franchi's art and color palette is gorgeous - and with wanting the lower playfield feature, it was LE or nothing. Hopefully the new Elvira will be released next year and give my pocketbook some recovery time.

I'm a slightly below average player, good enough to occasionally win free games or enter modes, but not good enough to see wizard modes. My roommate and friends are very casual players with no skills, they just like bashing the ball around. With this in mind, here are my thoughts so far:

- I set the game up with 5 balls, no tilt bob, and a 10 second ball save for my friends. I noticed that they love playing this game over all the other machines in the collection so far. They feel a sense of accomplishment as some of them got to multiball, which they haven't done on other machines. All the different opportunities to earn high scores (Herman Champion, Grandpa Champion, Combo Champion etc.) meant most everyone got to enter their initials in at least one category. The games weren't as insanely long as they are on The Hobbit even with the settings changes. If Stern's goal was to make a machine that would attract and thrill a casual player, they scored an A+.

- I've actually only played half a dozen games so far, I've been more content for now to watch others enjoy it. The things that people are criticizing about the game seem absurd to me. I barely notice the laugh track and pay little attention to the video while I'm playing. The mono targets are fine, and I see nothing wrong with the code so far. There's plenty of stuff for my friends and I to shoot at/for, the code reminds of Scared Stiff or BSD, as in not deep but still fun to play. I feel sorry for people who don't have fun with it, how unsatisfying life must be...either that or I'm easily entertained! I really like the lower playfield. Other than a slightly "floaty" feel, it is a great feature. The bumpers satisfyingly bash the ball back and forth. I find the Dragula shot the hardest to hit, with the Grandpa scoop the easiest. I've heard the side drains are wicked but I lost most of mine STDM due to foolish/inaccurate shots.

- The quality seems fine so far, I have had no issues except for a stuck ball once or twice at the rubbers at the guides at the top of the playfield that lead into the pop bumpers...and the ball came loose with a little shake. For some reason I had difficulty getting the glass off, like it was binding, and was terrified I was going to shatter it. Also, lifting the playfield is a bit clunky compared to my other machines, and again I was terrified of scratching the side blades.

- The machine is beautiful, I'd say that when the lower playfield is lit, it is the most beautiful machine ever. I had it sitting next to Scared Stiff and it made Elvira look ugly. I moved it next to The Hobbit instead.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. I wish the Premium had been the color version, it would have saved me about $1500, but so far I'm really happy with the purchase and have no buyer's remorse. It's a great party game among my friends and that's far more important to me than code or my own high score.

#2361 82 days ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Ever since I was a child I had a love affair with Halloween, or anything that fell along with haunted spooky scary looking houses skeletons ghosts, many of the large witches draculas mechanical characters spider webs cornstalks pumpkins gothic lights candles paintings art ect. (all on the light side, nothing evil hardcore demonic)
The pinball machines are the "large cars" of my theme collection.and I love it. This is a great time to be in this hobby for this theme. Happy to see another.
Wish I had a minty class of 1812...maybe some day

I know exactly what you mean. The upstairs of our game room (where the pins are) will be monster/alien themed. We've got a bunch of those lenticular, face-changing Halloween photos in frames to line walls of the stairs. There's a platform above the stairs where the 3 Haunted Mansion Hitchhiking Ghosts sit. They are about 3 feet tall. Behind them will be a mausoleum with Halloween lightning projectors flashing on them, and the music from the Haunted Mansion playing. Across from the pins will be more changing photos, as well as the Haunted Mansion "busts", an optical effect where they appear to watch you no matter where you stand in the room. Victorian furniture, a crystal ball fortune teller, spider webs and other decor round out the furnishings. On a nearby wall is a life-sized alien in a stasis chamber that we got from the Spirit Halloween store, along with two giant flying saucers with lights that hang from the ceiling...this is where an Attack From Mars will be placed someday. Over each horror themed pin will be grave crawlers, and we've got an Elvira slot machine topper to go over either Scared Stiff or the new Elvira. When we are done it's going to be pretty awesome...our own theme park!

1 month later
#4413 22 days ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Hmm, another thought. I just added a The Munsters Pro to my collection and so far I love it. The machine is well balanced and with my limited skills I can play a decent game where I got munster madness in the first ball yesterday and almost hit 100M points. (5 ball game, ball saver off).
But my current collection is: BOP, CFTBL, Whirlwind, Funhouse, The Munsters and Twilight Zone. Funhouse en TZ will never leave, CFTBL I see leaving in the near future. BOP might be replaced by TAF perhaps. And then I have TZ/TAF, WW/FH and TM/???
So I was wondering which machine would go with TM. I agreed with myself that it should be a modern stern with that crazy ass display. I liked Aerosmith but after playing it for several occasions last 6 months I got bored with it. Maybe the best machine to match TM is a GOTG? I played GOTG in Spain last year and I think this is a great machine. Or batman66? I love that theme and loved the gameplay. Or a deadpool? I don't like the red though but found it a fun game to play.
What do you guys think?[quoted image]

Maybe wait for the new Elvira machine...or the new Brian Eddy game. No need to make a decision right away, is there?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
York, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Toledo, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackalwere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside