Topic Stats

• 9,627 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Jnyvio
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,751 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

File_000 (6) (resized).jpeg
61eUOiKbejL._AC_SY355_ (resized).jpg
20201222_182850 (resized).jpg
20201223_124426 (resized).jpg
20210117_013438 (resized).jpg
48AF54F8-5238-4684-A911-A5E6D8252061 (resized).jpeg
0B616360-0333-405E-8838-31E7ECCFE1D8 (resized).jpeg
8dda877b6bd28ecf61fb41a01918cd2fbb446311.png (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7347 (resized).jpeg
c12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpg
fd4a3ae08810c919b5db4a5c4a132c16fd7436a5 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210114-103618_Outlook (resized).jpg
Stern-Pinball-Flipper-Service-Kit-Munsters-Plastic-19 (resized).jpg
broken must plast 19 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4759 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I also just love Munsters from the first play so I bought one just 2 days ago.
Awesome machine especially if you're a child of the 50's baby boom. I just might add a BM66 but then I tried Iron Maiden and Deadpool.
So many great machines coming of now - hard to decide.

We bought Munsters and now ordered Batman 66 the Catwoman edition. Just waiting on it but very excited

#4782 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You assholes should be on commission. The last page of this thread has me ready to pull the trigger on one of these machines. Still on the fence pro vs premium though.

Love our pro!

1 week later
#4852 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Munsters for sale:
LEs: Currently, there is only one LE for sale and it is a dealer sale. Of the archived ads, 10 LEs show as being sold here and elsewhere. Other for sale ads say they changed their mind and decided to keep----or they sold it and just not talking about it. There are 25 total in the archived ads section.
Premiums: 2 Premiums have been sold elsewhere. 2 were not sold. There are no Premiums for sale. And there is one WTB ad that is active.
Pros: There are 5 active ads listed. Not counting dealer sales. There are a total of 35 archived for sale ads. Of those, 23 were sales and the rest were decided to keeps.
Not exactly sales numbers that show signs of distress sales. Not exactly sales numbers that suggest a pin no fun to play.
There are 127 LE owners, 57 wishlisters. And 26 public locations.
There are 90 Premium owners. 100 wishlisters. And 39 public locations.
There are 119 Pro owners. 59 wishlisters. and 122 public locations.
127 + 90 + 119+ 26+ 39 + 122 = 523 Munsters that can be accounted for. Add 473 for the LEs that are not on pinside.
That's 996 unit sales ( allow some fluctuation for the possibility of some dealers still holding some LEs. ).
I don't know what is good or bad, but 996 units does not sound too shabby to me.

People in our area have trouble selling for around 5 so they are keeping it to not take a hit. In the mid 4s they seem to sell. I got mine in a trade for Star Wars. I’m happy I did. I really like munsters and the play. Star Wars pro was probably the hardest and most frustrating pin I’ve ever played.

4 weeks later
#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It was not as difficult as SWLE PF protector installation. Multi stacked ramp levels, DS and hyperspace ramp/habit trail removal. That took 2 of us near 6 hours.
Munsters with 2 of us going at it; about 4 hours. Would have been longer, but my friend is quite experienced doing this. We were not mapping things out, so might have been faster that way. There were moments of, now where does this left over piece go? Lol
Here is what we took off:
Slings
Flippers
3 yellow pop bumper lanes
Lower flipper return lane assemblies
Right lane wire form and right ramp completely pulled out. Left right lane ramp in and only raised bottom to allow PF underneath.
Removed lower PF. Then flippers, plastic layers all around lower PF. Wire form lower PF and right lane lower PF.
Did not touch left lane and wire form up top. Made a cut underneath the left ramp at the back orbit loop and spliced PF together there, in case need to pull up for any reason. Also, removing all the gear under that ramp would be a nightmare. Left all mechs related to Herman and Herman alone (figured he’s been taken apart by Dr. Franky too many times already, lol). Cannot even see the splice on the very narrow area at the back. Installed tape underneath the two splice sides and it is smooth on top.
Game plays fast and smooth with PF. Gives it another level of shine. No dimples on PF, even though Munsters is quite a powerful game and does get air balls from time to time even being tuned right on the money. Imo it is totally worth the effort, since this is a game worth keeping. The game plays awesome! Baffled why anyone puts this game down and I’m very picky about code and depth. Would like more Munsters show content, but think Stern will surely add it.
After playing the game a bunch now, think the complainers mostly have either played pros or not much at all. I know until getting my Munsters color premium, I had no experience on the lower PF, which is a very unique complex mech and a blast to play. Don’t think there is another mech to it’s equal in all of pinball. No it’s not Stewie pinball, I’ve played that too and not even close. Tired of AC/DC lower PF fast, but not this one. It adds to the game fun and intensity big time. Without it, you’re only experiencing a little over half the game, imo.
Have fun putting on your PF protector, you’ll love it on one of the best shooting games ever!

I think it’s more people haven’t spent much time or don’t like the theme. We actually prefer the pro over premium. I was going to get the premium but bought catwoman BM66 instead the sold Star Wars for the Munsters Pro. The family is loving the lineup that with both classic themes.

#5305 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Tell John that ole Who Dey is one of his biggest fans! Four of the seven games that i own are designed by him. I love how his games shoot.

We have a borg strong lineup too. I didn’t even realize it until a couple nights ago. It use to be Lawlor heavy but the family likes how John’s designs shoot.

1 week later
#5385 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

My apologies if this has been addressed but from what I can tell plenty of distributers have plenty of Munsters NIB just sitting around for all models minus the LE... Just wondering, since I don't have enough experience with this myself, how long most distributers sit on these games before they start offering substantial discounts? I know I can get one used right now for less, and sometimes substantially less, than the current NIB retail price but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask what history tells us in these situations.
Thanks,
Jeff

I know someone who has a NiB, I sent you a pm but it’s not as cheap as a used can be

#5413 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thanks!

#5478 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

Gonna try to find and play a local Wonka first. Reading the Wonka thread many seem to like it. Glad I played Ghostbusters first. What a disappointment.

My buddy was going to buy a wonka but was nervous with all the quality issues he read about. He actually bought a MMr instead and will probably buy wonka next year

1 week later
#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am also going to get an invite to play a Beatles and Batman 66 shortly. I really want to give Batman a workout since it and Munsters are being compared with each other and everybody says how great Batman is how crappy Munsters is. I’ll get to see for myself.

I have BM66 and Munsters. BM66 is deeper and better theme integration. The sounds, the announcing, the music and clips are phenomenal tying all that together. It’s probably my favorite of our line up but I do love Munsters. It’s fast and straight forward. We won’t get rid of either but they play a lot different. Besides the classic theme, i don’t understand how they get compared to each other

#5602 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine looks identical.

That stinks, I have a pro and it doesn’t look like that. Hopefully they do something for you guys

My BM66 has a little spot by the apron you could barely see and they wouldn’t replace it but it wasn’t noticeable until I took off the apron

3 weeks later
#5873 1 year ago

Personally, I would be shocked if they actually NEVER update the code on Munsters but I understand if stern doesn’t announce it. It will turn into a ghostbusters where they are harassed on any code update they release.

I’m happy with Munsters now and will be happy with the code update

#5903 1 year ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

I replaced the stock cabinet speaker with a JBL Stage 810 4Ohm subwoofer for that extra oooompf. What a difference! If you cancel the super jackpot the whole machine rumbles.
Using it for 3 months now, was reluctant on announcing it here as I was uncertain about the stress it would add to the amplifier on the Spike2 board. Using it on both my The Munsters as my Guardians of the Galaxy and so far it holds up great (250 plays on TM and 200 on GOTG) so I can securely assume this is a mod you can safely execute.[quoted image]

Is this the sub you bought?

JBL Stage 810 8" 200-Watt Subwoofer amazon.com link »

#5999 1 year ago

Does anyone actually think there won’t be another code update? Have they ever stopped this early on a new stern title. I mean we just got Got and Kiss this year. Both of those were huge sellers?

#6003 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When i get a game I always assume there won’t be any more code updates. I buy based on what the game is, not what I hope it will be.

I buy newer sterns based off if we really love it in its current code and know it should only get better. Hasn’t failed us yet. I have 5 in our line up and really enjoy them all

#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:If Stern makes Munsters what it should be, I’ll buy one.

If you’re not an owner, why are you in this thread posting so regularly? It’s hard to really know a pin until you own it. Pins on location and friends houses are completely different than owning one as you can change settings, pitch etc. my Munsters settings are tailored to how we like to play it.

I’m sure you have bought pins you thought were great and found out it wasn’t what you thought. I’m also sure you have bought pins that where average and found out they were great.

#6028 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Don't take this the wrong way, but a one pin collection does get boring pretty quick. Been there, done that. That's prolly why they multiply like bunnies at most peoples houses.

Agreed, I completely understand changing pins regularly in a one pin collection and your right, it’s why they multiply

2 weeks later
#6258 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have a Pro and a Premium translite available. Both autographed by the design team, Butch Patrick and Pat Priest. (TPF was Pat’s final show appearance).
As far as I know, the Premium translite is the only one that exists autographed by all.
PM if you are interested. I have them with me at Expo, so can avoid shipping if you are here.[quoted image][quoted image]

How much?

#6298 1 year ago

We really enjoy ours. I don’t know if it’s a forever pin as the family is slowly ranking it lower in our collection. new code could keep it fresh. I don’t plan on selling ours anytime soon. I like it enough that I’m half tempted to upgrade to a premium. Obviously I’d sell our pro then!

#6347 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

This scoring may change once my MMR RE arrives

I’ve never looked at the remake models buts what’s RE?

#6378 1 year ago

I’m selling our Munsters pro. Plan on getting a premium black and white. Not sure right away. It just depends on finding a used one and if I get a cash offer

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86938

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside