Topic Stats

• 8,560 posts
  • 424 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 151 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,546 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200607-001108~2 (resized).png
701AD26B-A421-47CD-9780-E8EA994BC5F3 (resized).jpeg
P1120013 (resized).JPG
P1120012 (resized).JPG
P1120011 (resized).JPG
AFB9203B-01F1-4403-9C40-1EDF0C35560F (resized).jpeg
15909891405542467632409145089500 (resized).jpg
15909891131933071853586578465575 (resized).jpg
20200529_192337 (resized).jpg
20200528_213247 (resized).jpg
P1110906 (resized).JPG
P1110904 (resized).JPG
IMG_3766 (resized).JPG
IMG_3761 (resized).JPG
IMG_3764 (resized).JPG
IMG_3763 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider halfwasted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7054 4 months ago

Traded my Maiden for Munsters.

Maiden was a fun game with deep code but the theme did nothing for me.

Looking forward to something new, and the dark themes within Munsters is up my alley.

Get the game this Sunday. Pro version.

2 weeks later
#7182 4 months ago

Really liking my Munsters Pro so far.

Traded my iron maiden pro for it and I have no regrets.

#7184 4 months ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Thats because your Halfwasted. Different Strokes for Different Folks no way will i trade my Maiden LE

Maiden did nothing for me on theme. I felt like I was chopping wood on maiden. Animations were bad. Munsters feels more like a world under glass, where maiden was an after thought on theme (because it was Archer).

#7188 4 months ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Quick question for the group: What's your level of confidence on whether or not this update is actually happening? Do we have actual inside knowledge of this, or is this speculation?

Dwight is my secret lover.

1 week later
#7232 3 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Man alive, I've been away from this thread for a few months now and everyone is still talking about code updates. I may not have been around here for a while but I manage to find the time to play my Munster's at least twice a week, still my go to game of all the games in my collection. If new game code comes along great, but I still enjoy every game I play with the code as is.
I am contemplating adding another game to my collection. Played a Jurrasic Park a couple days and liked it. I'm trying to find a location that has an Elvira Hoh to test drive. Stranger things didn't blow up my skirt, so it may come down to JP or Elvira Hoh.

JP is hard but really fun. I would go with prem JP. It will make you a better player and you will have fun along the way.

1 month later
#7550 68 days ago

Can anybody give me an opinion on the Stern Munsters topper?

Is it worth the price? Is it reliable?

It certainly looks cool.

Also is Stern still shipping accessories?

Thanks!

1 week later
#7646 60 days ago

I ordered a topper. Hell yeah it is expensive but it well integrated into game. Hope mine has no issues!

#7685 55 days ago

I need help!

I am trying to install the replacement plastic and protector from Stern.

How do you re-attach the optos to the plastic without going insane. Seems like such a small space to get the screw through the plastic and the optos.

Many thanks!!!

#7686 55 days ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I need help!
I am trying to install the replacement plastic and protector from Stern.
How do you re-attach the optos to the plastic without going insane. Seems like such a small space to get the screw through the plastic and the optos.
Many thanks!!!

Figured it out, used toothpicks!

#7702 54 days ago

One of the things I would like to see improved upon is the scoring. The whole game revolves around the kitty shot. If you don't have any multipliers, your score is meager.

Crossing my fingers that Dwight reads the forums!

#7707 54 days ago

Nothing but small fixes... Bahhhhhhh.

2 weeks later
#8018 39 days ago

My scoop stopped working.

Underside of the playfield showed a broken connector.

This doesn't appear to be a connector I can just soder back on.

Any help on how to fix the issue is much appreciated.

Ted
IMG_20200428_104504 (resized).jpg

#8022 39 days ago
Quoted from cabal:

Hi, i have the same problem, i think i have my 3rd switch broken.
The complete leg is broken off in the middle soldering back is very hard as there is not much surface to solder it back on.
The cable you are holding needs to go into the midle, you see a little metal part in the middle this is the rest of the broken of leg.
Someone suggested to fix the cables with a binder.
And there was someone who suggested to put a little blob of silikone or hot glue plastik on the switch/Connector point.
i have done this and it seems to be better than before.

Does the glue type have to be special to stick it back on? I guess I should be using some sort of special glue.

#8024 39 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Anything to keep those two wires from moving around.

Gave silicone a try. I couldn't keep the wire in place long enough for it to dry.

#8027 39 days ago
Quoted from luch:

isn't it broken off , how are you going to make good electrical contact with the other part ? i think you need a new switch

I contacted Stern and they are sending a new switch.

Stupid type of connection that cannot be easily fixed.

#8029 39 days ago
Quoted from luch:

then when you get the new switch , put the silcone on it or hot glue to stabilize the connectors

Good idea, the connector seems so rinky dink.

#8032 39 days ago

I ordered a topper from Cointaker a few weeks ago and have not gotten a notification.

I emailed them if or when they will have the topper in stock and I didn't get a reply. That was about a week and a half ago.

My CC was charged immediately.

1 week later
#8293 31 days ago

Anyone know if Stern uses loctite or other solution when it installs screws.

I am trying to remove these screws to install my warranty switch on my scoop but they don't move at all.

Thanks!

IMG_20200506_103919 (resized).jpg
#8295 31 days ago
Quoted from cabal:

I can't much remember, but they were hard to remove the first time, now i have done it so often they move good.
With what tool are you trying to unscrew them?

Using this 5 mm.

What did you use to remove them?

15887772451081199437763100867754 (resized).jpg
#8296 31 days ago

Maybe I need a 5.5 mm socket.

Edit - nope to big.

4.5 mm socket was the winner. Got it now!

4 weeks later
#8549 2 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The Munsters topper is also gone from the website....but i was told production on run would begin end of May...

Stern filled back orders for the Munsters topper through retailers. I believe the May run filled these orders. I got one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider halfwasted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside