Topic Stats

• 6,719 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,221 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C5723C2C-CBCF-46D4-B86A-BA1D336B2F3E (resized).jpeg
CBDD5B55-62B8-48EC-AB8F-8BC65C9A947A (resized).jpeg
C5C293DB-B941-43D4-8A36-CFE001187AB7 (resized).jpeg
26862B36-3CB1-4277-8C08-1D20EB5E72B9 (resized).jpeg
374055B7-4EE1-4D99-A38E-000C8A219EDF (resized).jpeg
14FBDA2D-9ACD-4D19-932B-3CD13CCACABF (resized).jpeg
F4B17F23-84A2-4510-9F57-5519F481D081 (resized).jpeg
Raven (resized).jpg
example 4 (resized).JPG
example 3 (resized).JPG
example 2 (resized).JPG
example 1 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 7.47.09 PM (resized).png
IMG_0977 (resized).jpg
IMG_0975 (resized).jpg
Topper 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2164 8 months ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Agree...: game is pretty awesome. Can’t wait to add the stern topper

Haven't seen the topper. Where can it be found?

#2180 8 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

See post 1917 in this thread.

Thank you gamer.

#2272 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
$99.95 plus shipping. They have the official Stern one, too, but that's an extra $50 down the toilet for functionally the same thing. Use that $50 difference and $25 more for art blades instead.

I read somewhere that putting a non-Stern shaker in would void the warranty on a new game. Is this true?

#2455 7 months ago

One thing I noticed about the premium that I wish Stern had changed... the decals on the Dragula and Lily targets are in color (the same) on all 3 versions of the machine. I think they should have done a B&W decal version for the premium. Sounds like a job for the modders.

#2513 7 months ago

Wow... those side rails are freaking awesome!! Hinges are really cool as well. Great work.

#2636 7 months ago

Are there any key chain /promo plastics in the goodie bag? Haven't seen any so I'm thinking not.

#2645 7 months ago

Better than nothing I guess.

#2657 7 months ago

Not just in regards to Munsters but.... how is it possible that Stern Shaker Motor kits are out of stock at Stern?

1 week later
#2991 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive been told my Munsters sucks, my GB, my AS, my GOT, and even my MET. That leaves me with IMDN, and TWD. At least i have 2 out of my 7 games that are good.

Who told you IMDN and TWD don't suck? Who?

#3008 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well nobody told me that they didnt suck but nobody has said that they did either. I think Spaceman actually said IMDN sucks though so i guess im just down to one good game now and thats TWD. i should have made better choices i guess. Lol

Well you better get rid of that TWD before it starts to suck. And you think that you could get $4K for THAT collection of machines? Keep dreamin Who-Dey. (I'm obviously kidding too.)

Seriously, your collection kicks ass! I'd be happy to own every single one of them. Let the haters hate.

#3045 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is up with the play field that you had to jimmy it around to get it back into position? I suppose the question I am really asking is why wasn't the machine constructed so the play field could be slid in and out in a smooth action? I am referring to the movements you had to make at marker 6:20.
Nice video, BTW.

I think all of the Stern machines I have are the same way. After pulled all the way out, when sliding the playfield back in it gets to a point where it won't slide any farther. At that point you have to slightly lift the top of the playfield to get it "over the hump" so it can slide the rest of the way.

1 week later
#3242 7 months ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Hey all, I am still waiting for my Premium and am told there was a production delay. Can anyone confirm what's going on with production these days? I am excited to get my game....been waiting for a while now.
Thanks!

I heard the same thing. Something about a problem with the lower playfields?

#3246 7 months ago

Question... since these won't be built right away, will they install the latest software code when they are finally built and shipped or do they send them out with earlier code? Just curious.

1 week later
#3490 6 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Here are a few shots of the Little Shop of Games protectors on the premium leaving all of the original hardware installed as well
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look great but how much protection do they provide? They look to be about the same size as the plastics they are protecting. Typically would have about an 1/8" extension all around the plastic being protected. Or am I not seeing these correctly?

#3496 6 months ago

They do extend out a little past the plastics , I guess it was just my poor camera angles, but hey if you need someone to take pictures to make someone thinner then what they really are then I’m your man lol. Here are a few more shots.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the additional pics. Good to know they do extend beyond the plastics.

#3657 6 months ago

I have an extra brand new sewage pipe mod for the Munsters from Mezel Mods that my friend picked up for me at Pinfest. They sell for $55. I'll sell it for $45 shipped. Payment via PayPal F&F. PM me if interested. Thanks.

#3675 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So I started mine today... should you loosen those screws slowly going around etc... my bottom one bound up and almost stripped out.. I think I can get it out after I order another set..little bit of WD got it back in and flush...and I dont want to lose the game while I wait for them...
Also is there a better set of these screws...?

Take a look at post #2755. That person posted that he nearly stripped out the screws and found exact size replacements at Ace Hardware except they have allen key heads rather than torx.

#3681 6 months ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Probably me
Just went down the street to Ace

Spaceman... why are you selling your LE???

#3744 6 months ago

I have a Sewage Pipe mod by Mezel Mods that I decided not to install on my machine. I'll sell it for $48 including shipping. They retail for $55. PM if interested. Thanks

#3775 6 months ago

In baggy with key fob are plastic numbers 79 and 80. Where do these go?

#3776 6 months ago

My machine was born on 4/29 and came with the modified wire form for the lower play field installed (prevents ball from getting stuck on plastic next to wire form). It also has regular phillips head screws fastening the lower playfield glass to the main playfield rather than the torx head screws!

#3824 6 months ago

Still have the Mezel Mod sewage pipe mod for sale. Sell it for $45 including shipping domestically. Retails new for $55. Send a PM if interested.

#3896 6 months ago

What is the difference between color premium and LE? Just cabinet artwork and translite? Wow... if I had (paid for) an LE I would not be very happy.

#3899 6 months ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Wow if this is true it screws some premium and LE buyers.

I don't see how it screws the B&W premium owners. To me it just makes the "original" premium more unique. LE owners... yes, I think they are affected.

#3930 6 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

All versions of the game are gorgeous. Wasn’t so long ago we’d
all be drooling over any one of them. Now we’re spoilt for
choice.
Nothing new in Stern offering multiple art packages for a
premium. Was pretty obvious they were going to do it on this
one.
Feel a little bit for LE buyers who only bought LE because of
the colour or B&W buyers who recently bought because they
thought it was the only other option.
Personally I prefer the whole LE package, and that’s why I
bought it.

You basically just said the same thing you down voted me for.

#3990 6 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was just disagreeing that it affects LE owners.

And if you have continued to read this thread you will see that it obviously HAS affected some LE owners as many have stated that they aren't happy about it.

#3994 6 months ago

I have a premium that came loaded with V 0.99 Munsters LE software. Is this correct? Is/was the LE software the same as the premium? Just curious as I now need to update to V 1.0 and I see there is a different file for the premium and the LE. Thanks in advance for any help.

#4075 6 months ago

Does anyone have what looks like a thin metal protector underneath the Herman plastic next to the ramp? Mine looks like there is and I'm wondering if this was done in response to people reporting this plastic breaking and requesting replacements. My build date is 4/29.

#4079 6 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is what Stern sent me for the Herman fix.
[quoted image]

There you have it. Thanks for the info.

#4080 6 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes that’s exactly it. They added the metal metal protector because a lot of Herman plastics are breaking in that section. If you put on the green plastic protector set, or the clear one, you won’t need it.

Thanks for the info.

#4081 6 months ago

Still have the Mezel Mod sewage pipe mod for sale. Sell it for $45 including shipping domestically. Retails new for $55. Send a PM if interested.

#4082 6 months ago

In the goody bag with the key fob are plastic numbers 79 and 80. Does anyone know where these go? I can't tell if they are extras or if they are optional add-ons. I'll add pics of them later. Thanks

#4114 6 months ago

So... I hooked up speaker wiring (with alligator clips) from my cabinet base speaker and connected it to an external subwoofer. When I turned the game on, a ticking sound was coming from the cabinet speaker. Disconnect wires and ticking stopped. Anyone have an idea why this happened?

#4117 6 months ago

Here are the pics of plastic #79 and #80. Does anyone know where these go? Thanks

IMG_1501 (resized).jpgIMG_1500 (resized).jpgIMG_1499 (resized).jpg
#4123 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

how you get those....??

They were in the goodie bag with the key fob.

#4124 6 months ago

Those look like lower playfield plastics right by the flippers

Ok cool. Thanks

#4279 6 months ago

Saw Eddie Munster (Butch Patrick) at Rock Fantasy in Middletown NY today. Signed my Stern Munsters banner. Very nice guy.

#4376 5 months ago

Not sure if I dreamed this or not... but I thought I read somewhere that there is there a way to install the two lower playfield balls by pushing them between two of the plastics rather than having to remove the metal piece on the bottom of the playfield. Any help is appreciated.

#4386 5 months ago

Hi All - Some help needed... I installed Pingraffix Powerbladez but they only work when sound activated. I tried turning the dial on the power unit but all it does is change the sensitivity to sound. I'm looking to have them on all the time with the lightning effect. Am I missing something or is there a problem with the unit? Thanks in advance for any help.

#4390 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That's how they work, sound activated.

I thought in the install video, when the machine was turned on, they went into lightning effect mode. I’ve also seen them on display at shows (not installed ) and they were working without sound activation.

#4391 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You sound like someone who just brought a new Premium home.

Actually was recently delivered after winning it in Project Pinball raffle! Haven’t played it yet as have been putting mods in it. Almost ready now.

#4394 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

At shows there is constant noise so they run. They don’t work in attract mode, unless there is noise. The ones for AFMr are on a constant pattern, not sound activated.

The demo by pingraffix shows the Munsters in constant pattern as well which made me think that that was a selectable option.

#4395 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

At shows there is constant noise so they run. They don’t work in attract mode, unless there is noise. The ones for AFMr are on a constant pattern, not sound activated.

I found when there is constant noise that they just stay on solid rather than go through the sequencing pattern

#4399 5 months ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

Mine are not activated to sound same Patten over and over even if the house is quiet. I was wondering why people were saying they were sound activated. Mine definitely are not.

At least I know I'm not crazy. Well... that's still debatable.

#4401 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think we are all a little crazy or we wouldn't be in this crazy hobby that we are in right?

Amen to that brother.

#4416 5 months ago

Hi all - I posted here earlier that when I connected wires from the cabinet speaker ( via alligator clips) to an external subwoofer that I would hear a ticking sound coming from the speaker when the machine booted up. I checked to make sure that the alligator clips were not making any contact with the speaker frame or any other metal. Ticking sound is still there. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1 week later
#4519 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Good point. I would think that they will probably.

I actually called Stern a couple weeks ago and asked that question. I was told there would only be one version. I also would prefer a B&W version. Doesn't appear to be an option.

2 months later
#5607 82 days ago

I know it's been written about many times but I'm a bit gun shy about updating my Munsters code to 1.0 from .99 Im afraid I'll mess up the down load or it wont take and I'll be left in the dark. Can anyone tell me in layman's terms what usb stick should I use and how do I make sure I only down load the correct file and "don't put it in a folder" etc. etc. I'm probably making more of this than I should but I've read where people have had trouble with downloads and I'm not a computer guy by any stretch. Thanks for any advice.

#5620 80 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

It's really easy. You download the file, unzip it and copy it onto your USB stick. Any USB stick should be fine really. Should be at least 4GB and have nothing on it.
These directions are still valid, but you will be downloading a .zip file and have to extract the .spk file inside to put on your stick:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-update-procedure#post-2855822

Thanks for the reply tpir. How exactly do you "unzip" the file and extract the .spk file inside? Thanks again.

#5622 77 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Use WinZip or just about any unzipper for Windows. You don’t do anything to the .spk files. They will get unpacked by the code update process.
Make sure you put the spk files in the root directory of the USB stick and nothing else.

Thanks everyone for the help... but please pardon my ignorance... what is the "root" directory and how do I know I'm putting the spk files there vs. somewhere else? Thanks and apologies.

#5625 76 days ago

root dir means it will look like :\
there will be no name dir which would be a yellow folder looking icon, if there is one then don't put it in there just to the :\ . So go to that drive letter of the usb stick and just extract the files there to X:\ ( X meaning the usb drive letter )

Ok got it. Thanks

3 weeks later
#5973 53 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do they have there top men on it?

Who?

2 weeks later
#6152 38 days ago

I just bought a topper today. Installed it tonight and noticed that the door would only close about half way after the raven came out. I manually opened and shut the door several times by hand and now it will consistently close about 1/4 inch short of being completely shut. I'm able to manually push it the final 1/4 inch but when it goes into operation in test mode, 1/4 inch short is the best I can get. Is this as far as everyone's will shut or are other folks' shutting completely?

#6154 38 days ago

I know others have changed out the #89 white led that shines through the door on the topper as it is blinding. What is the best way to access the led to change it? i"m thinking I could unscrew the two screws holding the panel on the left side of the clock to get at the bulb. Has anyone done this?

#6162 38 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

left roof and side panel...4 screws and you're in. Make sure you don't shift the bulb orientation (tight in there) so as not to have Raven's head hit the bulb (ask me how I know)..

Thanks for your help Mark. Oh... and how do you know?

#6173 37 days ago
Quoted from gac:

I just bought a topper today. Installed it tonight and noticed that the door would only close about half way after the raven came out. I manually opened and shut the door several times by hand and now it will consistently close about 1/4 inch short of being completely shut. I'm able to manually push it the final 1/4 inch but when it goes into operation in test mode, 1/4 inch short is the best I can get. Is this as far as everyone's will shut or are other folks' shutting completely?

Following up on my post about the clock door. PROBLEM SOLVED. I opened up the clock and noticed that the wiring and connector that runs out to the front to the led strip mounted in the base of the topper was obstructing the raven mechanism when it would try to close. Zip tied it to other wires to get it out of the way and no issues now. Door fully closes now.

#6185 37 days ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I"m guessing I need to check this too. I just got my topper from Cointaker yesterday at York show. It too sticks and doesn't go back in after coming out of door. A simple push and it goes back. Will check if this is the issue for me too.
When you say "open" do you mean take fully apart to get to all that stuff you said?

I got mine from Cointaker yesterday as well which came from the six that were mailed out to them from Stern this past Monday. Anyway, besides removing the left side and left roof from the clock, I removed the back of the topper from the base. This wasn't bad as it only involved 3 locknuts in the front and 4 screws at the base of the back of the topper. After those were removed, lift the back up and disconnect two wire harnesses and its all open for you.

#6240 33 days ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What's missing here? #sternqualitycheck[quoted image]

That's unbelievable. How did Herman get that big hole in his jacket? Kidding of course

1 week later
#6335 24 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Is there a solution for this problem:
Munsters Premium: - Grandpas Labatory - Right Ramp ( Add More time )
When shooting this ramp. 90% of the time the ball rides high and bypasses the opto.
Has stern or anyone come up with a mod to fix this. Could the create a bigger OPTO or cover?
Anyone else?

Pinball life sells a clear cover that goes over the ramp to keep the ball down.

2 weeks later
#6571 9 days ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I am still waiting on my machine. I also ordered a few mods. This (picture) was sent as a freebie, but I have no clue were it will go, help.
Thank you[quoted image]

They look cool. Where did they come from and what other mods did you get?

#6573 9 days ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Thank you. Yeah, just got an email from the vendor and they told me the same thing.

Who is the vendor?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside