Topic Stats

• 6,309 posts
  • 363 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by RobertWinter
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,174 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2220 (resized).JPG
6E3D5933-8D41-4090-B7E9-865725D21C7B (resized).jpeg
662B1263-3CBD-4C05-A580-0DD1A1AF0EEB (resized).jpeg
F0D51323-DF9F-497C-AD61-0E3F55F23740 (resized).jpeg
709C951D-4C7C-44C6-9502-7265F1617B48 (resized).jpeg
20191016_152015 (resized).jpg
B6526E42-FB10-4FB2-AB14-6AA712F3A68C (resized).jpeg
20191015_191515 (resized).jpg
1570992046205755816283835372478 (resized).jpg
M - Topper - LED Cover (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
IMG_2141 (resized).JPG
IMG_2143 (resized).JPG
IMG_5317 (resized).jpg
IMG_5389 (resized).jpg
IMG_5384 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ftrmech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#846 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not a pitch but we got a match set Pingulp and matching shooter from The Mod Father that are spot on perfect. Not a fan of shooter heads myself but his art magic looks bad ass and I highly recommend. Can't thank him enough for his work.
[quoted image]

I too am not a fan of Figure Head Shooter rods...what you show is certainly more to my liking...I am no mod designer but what this game needs, given its theme is a Mini-Plasma Ball Shooter Rod.

#848 8 months ago

Game of thrones pro was pretty solid. Just needed a lubed up ram. That’s about it.</blockquote
LOL...

#857 8 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I put the rgb lit shooter rods on all my games..only available through CT to my knowledge..look great, and consistent feel...Greg( mindorbits) used to make them years ago and were the best...Plasma would look sick!!!

I only have one, it's on my CV...I didn't know you could still get them, thanks for the tip...I will check out CT.

1 week later
#1149 7 months ago
Quoted from adborto:

Joined the club today. I was on the fence after reading all of the reviews. Glad I went though with the purchase. Game looks completely different in person. Way more depth than the pictures show. This one will be sticking around. A big thanks to everyone at pinballs.com.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, number 8 of 600...did you request that low number?

#1191 7 months ago

Mine shows up tomorrow between 10 and 2...I will have to get my wife to sign for it and stick it in the garage until Sunday night...that's when I get back from 2019 LAX...going to be a great weekend...pinball and then more pinball...woo hoo!

#1463 7 months ago

I have had my LE for a few days now like many of us...so, I have to ask, do you guys think the Grandpa scoop will take the pounding it gets? If I am not dead on hitting Grandpa the ball deflects with a very noticable thud. Looking at it, it appears that there is only 2 spot welds hold the scoop together.

#1478 7 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Ok LE owners, I would advise you do this and try it out. Earlier today I was playing my FG. When I started the Stewie upper pinball playfield, it felt so much better than the lower playfield on Munsters. The shots felt a lot closer to a normal pinball machine feel. Do yourself a favor, go into your settings and adjust the lower playfield flippers to "soft". It made a huge difference to me in feel and how it plays. The ball is not flying everywhere and your shots feel more controlled. The ramp will register everytime with out that ball feeling like it was launched from a cannon. I also adjusted my upper flippers to "soft" as well. Game play is so much better IMO. Just try it out and report back. I could not find an adjustment to the auto launch by hitting the zap button. I think that could use some dialing down as well. Let me know your thoughts....
Kidchrisso..Slap_Save_Podcast.

Sounds like a great suggestion, I will make the change tonight and see how it goes...thanks.

#1515 7 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Ok LE owners, I would advise you do this and try it out. Earlier today I was playing my FG. When I started the Stewie upper pinball playfield, it felt so much better than the lower playfield on Munsters. The shots felt a lot closer to a normal pinball machine feel. Do yourself a favor, go into your settings and adjust the lower playfield flippers to "soft". It made a huge difference to me in feel and how it plays. The ball is not flying everywhere and your shots feel more controlled. The ramp will register everytime with out that ball feeling like it was launched from a cannon. I also adjusted my upper flippers to "soft" as well. Game play is so much better IMO. Just try it out and report back. I could not find an adjustment to the auto launch by hitting the zap button. I think that could use some dialing down as well. Let me know your thoughts....
Kidchrisso..Slap_Save_Podcast.

Took your advice...works much better. I also adjusted the main playfield flippers to "soft", I was having a hard time making the Grandpa scoop shot, it would hit and bounce out...even the straight on shots. The factory had the flippers set to "hard", it was like firing cannon balls at my machine..."soft" seems more normal with plenty of flipper...and the Grandpa shots aren't bouncing out as much.

#1687 7 months ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

After reading this I adjusted my flippers to the medium setting, have yet to try "soft". I like the gameplay much better now and my scores improved dramatically. I was also having issues with alot of bounce outs and bricked shots. No issues on hitting the left ramp with the lower settings either.

One other thing about the Grandpa hole bounce outs...I was getting a lot of dimpling just in front of the cliffy...not trying to start the "dimple" debate just an observation...there is a piece of mylar there as well and it is starting to show a bit of edge wear as well just in front of the cliffy...with my flippers set to soft, the bounce outs have been significantly reduced.

#1703 7 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you take a picture?
Should we take off the mylar and install a new piece right next to the protector.

Hard to get a good shot but here you go...nothing major yet, just worth keeping an eye on...game had 34 plays on it.

20190311_172816 (resized).jpg20190311_172835 (resized).jpg20190311_172825 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2209 7 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anyone have the Grampa shot pop out ?
I hit that shot and it flys right out All the time

Yes, turn your flippers down to "soft"...it won't hit the scoop so hard and bounce out...trust me, soft still gives you all the flipper power you need.

#2226 7 months ago

Keep in mind that the LE at TPF has "Pin-Stadium" lighting on both the upper and lower playfields...regardlees, the LE is a beauty!

#2290 6 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I agree. We are getting our LE later this week and are really looking forward to getting it. The doom and gloomers that have never seen or played the game have also rated it really low so the game has also dropped out of the top 40.
Hopefully this is enough for this thread to become an owners thread with people that own and love the game. I think the game is a winner!

The Munster LE/Premium are a completely different game from the Pro and should not be rated together...IMO.

1 week later
#2755 6 months ago

Just some FYI for the Le/Premium owners electing to remove the lower playfield glass (Grandpa's Lab),...I went to remove my lower PF glass from the playfield this morning, figured I would finally get around to cleaning all the dust that accumulated on the underside and in the process I stripped out 3 of the Allen-head fasteners during removal...they are very shallow for the Allen wrench not allowing much of a bite not to mention the rubber O-rings provide a bit of resistance. Anyway, in case you end up in this situation, ACE Hardware just happens to have the exact size fastener but in stainless...a bit stronger and look good installed...as stated, just some FYI. Stainless is on the Left in the comparison photo.

Fasteners (resized).jpgMunsters PF 1 (resized).jpg

#2758 6 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

FtrMech: Did you use a T10 (Torx) screwdriver to remove the screws?
I’m going to clean mine this week but was told this was the correct screwdriver to use.

I used an Allen Wrench...I see what you are referring to...

#2760 6 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Not sure if that’s as effective to remove them. Stern support recommended to me the T10 torx as the tool of preference.
Regardless, your replacements look good.

I think you are right, looking close at my comparison photo I can definitely see a difference...I screwed up. Glad it was easy to rectify...another lesson learned.

#2762 6 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

However just in-case do you have a reference number for them from Ace?

Sorry, I sure don't...

#2889 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Think this would be a good add...
amazon.com link »

Nope...I screwed up and used an Allen Wrench...lesson learned. Stern already sent me replacement fasteners but I like the looks of the stainless steel ones I replaced the original ones with. I will hold on to the original Torx screws, put them in the cash box. Regardless, thanks for the tip on the Torx T-handle set....it will be ordered.

3 months later
#5207 84 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just played a game and got 174 million on it and left 8 Super Jackpots on the table trying to get my multipliers up to 6X. Not sure how much extra that would have gave me but i think 55-60 million more points probably? That would have been my best score yet if i would have gotten that.
I don't see how in the world that people are down on this game so much. It is so much fun! Pinball doesn't get much more exciting than that game there.

It's a conspiracy...

1 week later
#5343 74 days ago

Kinda bummed. I was playing tonight and noticed that I have a small chip on my playfield near the scoop cliffy...I hope I don't get more or it gets worse. I love the game but am disappointed in the engineering of the scoop...too many rejects, as you can see my mylar needs to be replaced...

20190807_191322 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5666 41 days ago

I would like to share an observation...Going back to the chipping, flaking discussion or what I now know is a "delamination" issue, at least in my case. I posted a photo a while back of what I thought was a chip, I recently decided to remove the "cliffy" to get a closer look at what was going on...if look close you can that the clear coat is lifting from the playfield along the outhole edge...if you look even closer you can see what appears to be a layer of mylar (not to be confused with the small piece in front of Grandpa's Lab)...look around the front corners. Was mylar bonded to these playfields and now prematurely releasing? I should also add that I filed those rough edges down around the hole and the "cliffy" fits much better...it may be my imagination but I feel as if I am getting fewer rejects when I shoot to Grandpa's lab.

20190906_141747 (resized).jpg
#5671 40 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just the different layers of clear lifting - no Mylar.
But more importantly, look at how rough that hole is cut!!!! WTF?!?! Were they using a chisel to cut the ply that day? Whoever is making these pf’s for Stern need to go back to woodworking school.

Look close at the front of the hole and you will see a small perfectly straight line that terminates in perfect curves around the corners...maybe I am wrong but I don't think that is the clear.

1 week later
#5898 28 days ago

That's the best attitude to have...

4 weeks later
#6299 6 hours ago

Well, I just took the plunge and purchased the Stern Topper...I still have concerns as to its reliability but this machine just seemed incomplete without it...I enjoy this title and don't see it leaving my collection for quite some time.

#6303 4 hours ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Did you order from Stern? Last I checked was still backordered...

Stern was sold out...had to resort to EBay...same price but added rax and shipping.

#6305 3 hours ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I contacted Stern a week or so ago... they will be back in stock as soon as all the replacement orders are filled.... least that what they told me...

I hope so...good luck!

#6307 2 hours ago
Quoted from JimB:

Are you sure that’s a good idea? I would think those in stock other than stern would have all the defects still present.

Declared revised/updated edition...backordered coming from Stern...I just found that out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ftrmech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside