Topic Stats

• 5,567 posts - Hot topic!
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,096 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Sep (resized).JPG
IMG_20190304_1904448 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190304_1904400 (resized).jpg
E8704462-989F-4EB7-839A-1F0F9500A72D (resized).jpeg
Munsters Retro a Go Go.jpg
c12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-20-22-53-46-1 (resized).png
BC5920F5-C1AB-44A8-81ED-5B37B701040E (resized).jpeg
grandpa-munster-deluxe_the-munsters_gallery_5c4ddee603cfe (resized).jpg
IMG_20190815_191445228 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190815_180758243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190815_180846016 (resized).jpg
Pro Rule Card 2 (resized).jpg
Pro Rule Card 1 (resized).jpg
Prem-LE Rule Card 3 (resized).jpg
Prem-LE Rule Card 2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippingr8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#256 7 months ago

LE on order. Excited. First NIB for me. Need to sell my Jokerz to make room for it though.

1 week later
#580 6 months ago

Munsters LE on order - excited! First NIB for me: question for group - do you guys recommend cabinet protectors be installed between the cabinet and legs? I saw in a SDTM video that there was some possible confusion about washers coming with the leg bolts - install the washers or not? Also, anyone purchased the magnet play field protector mod from the Mod Couple and have an opinion about it one way or the other?

#622 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was confused on how Munster Madness worked, but got some good clarification from Dwight. On code .91:
Three Stages (Complete an area, Get Jackpots, Collect Hurry Ups)
Stage 1 - Goal is to complete one characters area. Do this by hitting one of the seven characters' shots. (the number of shots to collect that character depends on the character). Completing one character gets you to Stage 2.
Stage 2 - Jackpots. Timed mode where you try to collect as many jackpots as you can. Once the timer runs out, you move to Stage 3.
Stage 3 - Hurry ups. A moving hurry up (left ramp, then right orbit, then right ramp, then left orbit). Each one is on a timer. If you collect all of them, or one times out, you are back to Stage 1.
NOW, with .91 code, when you start Munster Madness it spots Marilyn for you right off the bat, so you start in Stage 2. Then if you survive in the mutliball long enough, you will get through stage 2 and 3.
Now you are back to stage one and you will need to complete another character to advance to stage two. Since Marilyn is already completed, you have to go after a different character. So hypothetically Munster madness has 7 different sets of stages that you can complete. I love the rules of this mode haha.
I hope that helps clarify the mode.

It all seems very confusing. Hope I can learn how this all works. I think I’ll have fun regardless if I understand complex rules or not.

Absolutely love the Munsters theme music - big part of the draw of the game for me. It’s awesome!

1 week later
#799 6 months ago

Anyone seen this Herman Munster shooter rod on eBay? Looks like Ronald Reagan’s head on a stick!
ebay.com link

0276C26D-06EF-4849-AF06-45CF12D7AF73 (resized).png
#969 6 months ago

kidchrisso I haven't seen those mods in the back corners before, with LED's there too. Plus I see your speakers are lit up. What have you got going on there if I might ask?

5f609eeeecf1316dd13e662feef857ae278c0f1f (resized).jpg
#1000 6 months ago

My LE is in this batch the distributor received today. Should have by the end of the week!

E184EEA1-E8E6-45C3-A094-8D3DABC5E5E5 (resized).jpeg
#1142 5 months ago

My LE is arriving to my home in frozen, snowbound Wisconsin tomorrow. Going to have to take it into the house via the garage and then go down the stairs rather than through walkout basement entrance due to all of the snow. Is the box 40" wide? If so won't fit through any of my doors or basement stairwell, so will have to uncrate it upstairs and then dolly it wrapped up down the stairs. Excited but hope I don't get any dings.

#1183 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep that’s definitely a big positive for Munsters. MB has some really great interactive toys so that is a plus for it. It also is beautiful, a great shooter, and in my opinion it has a fun rule set too. So you got:
Both games have equally great themes
Both games are equally gorgeous
Both games shoot really well.
Munsters has a lcd screen +1
MBR has great toys +1
So that leaves us with
Best rules?
Enjoyability?
Hmm

Here is a huge big +++ for Munsters, imho: the Munsters theme music, both during the game and at the end of the game. Its positively awesome! Munsters had probably one of the best TV show opening and closing credits music of all time. Bright, brassy, complex, imposing and foreboding yet cheerful all in a very succinct package. I could listen to that all day!

LE arrival day is today!

#1188 5 months ago

I get a free Stern T-shirt too!

12E50DC4-8F30-46DF-9149-83543F790501 (resized).jpeg
#1195 5 months ago
19448DA9-9D9E-4958-9D45-151A911C60B1 (resized).jpeg
#1268 5 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Anyone notice Lily’s head being low on the back glass art?
[quoted image]

Maybe Lily had a bad case of osteoporosis and developed a hunch since the show ended?

#1269 5 months ago

My LE's shaker motor is making a racket when it is operating, like something metallic is being rattled that shouldn't be. I have two other Sterns with shaker motors - Elvis Gold and NASCAR - and they don't do this. Its not the cash box / lid or associated retaining clip because I've removed those and it makes no difference. Video clip with noise during test mode is accessible via the link below...

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0f5fEtEvDFtx4

Anyone else having this problem or have ideas to solve?

#1308 5 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

My LE's shaker motor is making a racket when it is operating, like something metallic is being rattled that shouldn't be. I have two other Sterns with shaker motors - Elvis Gold and NASCAR - and they don't do this. Its not the cash box / lid or associated retaining clip because I've removed those and it makes no difference. Video clip with noise during test mode is accessible via the link below...

Any LE owners having any excessive metallic rattling from their shaker motors and any ideas what needs to be done? Got virtually no responses yesterday.

#1316 5 months ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I tried check mine can’t find where to test it cause I too thought it was pretty excessive I watched your video it does sound right I think it’s hard to tell trying to find the damn test now to compare

Shaker motor test is in the coil menu.

I like the shaking, just don't like the noise that comes with it. I'll have to look around and see if I can figure out what is vibrating that isn't supposed to.

#1323 5 months ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Ok so mine is shaking the machine,very strong it’s just like yours BUT without that metallic noise

Appreciate the responses. So I looked around the cabinet for loose stuff, especially the cabling connecting the backbox to the cabinet - adjusted that, no effect. Took off the shaker motor protective plastic cover - no effect. Took the shaker motor out and inspected it, the spinning paddles on each side are offset by perhaps 5 degrees relative to one another - was going to try to fix that, but the hex set screw is too tight. Reinstalled the shaker motor turned 180 degrees from the way it had been originally oriented, thinking perhaps that might help - minimal difference. The rectangular metal lever under Herman does jiggle some when the shaker spins but I don't think it is the main source of noise.

I may well end up turning the shaker down to a less frequent setting than maximum (I assume it doesn't change the RPM of spinning, just the amount of time it is operating during the game, correct me if I am wrong), or perhaps turn it off all together. I'd be moderately disappointed if I had to do that.

Meanwhile, have gotten a number of games in. I have been enjoying it quite a bit. The lower PF is a very nice toy to have. Really like how the insert lights change from white to blue to red - haven't had a game that had that capability before - my newest prior game was NASCAR.

#1406 5 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Been trying to troubleshoot the severe cabinet rattling from my LE's shaker motor during the past two days. No obvious loose parts such as rattling cables, or metal or wood pieces (aside from the rattly lever under Herman that everyone knows about), shaker motor and enclosure were / are secured tightly. Tried a variety of things but ended up putting mounting tape under the shaker motor bracket where it mounts on the cabinet wood, on the shaker motor bracket between it and the round motor case itself, and probably most important, moved one of the spinning lobes so that it is much closer to being in balance - left some offset so that it would shake, obviously, but not a lot. Considerably better.

1 week later
#1872 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can’t you just move the weights so they’re more balanced?

My cabinet and glass rattling was awful with both shaker motor paddles pointing in the same direction as it came from the factory. Had to take the shaker out several times and try a variety of different stagger configurations before I got it to be tolerable. I think now they are staggered by about 150 degrees or so. Would be great if Stern could put shaker motor RPM adjustment into the adjustments settings, if that is technically feasible. 100% as it is now is too violent with the paddles both pointing in the same direction.

IMG_0327 (resized).jpeg
#2004 5 months ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Why am I having trouble getting my Munsters le to update the new code... can someone help. Is it the tumb drive?? Format 32. Cleared thumb drive. Downloaded the spk 0.96 update. Transferred to thumb drive...game doesn’t recognize it. Do thumb drives go bad..? Beatles did this too. But Beatles eventually took

did you "empty the trash"? when you cleared your drive, so it was truly empty? Also, did you use that Etcher app that Stern recommends to load the update onto the drive?

#2051 5 months ago
Quoted from Hillel:

So glad to read so many new owners are loving their Munster pins, as my sons and I joined the club with an LE a week ago. Munsters is simply an amazing game to us, based on the game play, design, art, sound, call outs, lights, & relevant show clips. Way back when I heard rumors of this title being considered, I knew they had to have Spot popping up under the stairs, and JB did not disappoint. I installed the code update 0.96.0 on March 11, the day it came out. Three days later, as Player 1's score approached 100M, Grandpa's machine stopped registering hits, despite the text "Shoot the Machine" and the illuminated bolt of lightening in front of the machine. Then when the mini ball landed in the Mystery Saucer, the game did not recognize it. Time ran out on the Grandpa Lab mode, the mini ball remained in the saucer, & a large ball was ejected onto the playfield with the text on screen continuing to say "Shoot the Machine". Play continued without the benefit of the LED display until the ball landed in Dragula, where it remained until about the 6th ball search. This search caused the ball to leave Dragula as a second ball was ejected onto the playfield. When the 1st ball drained, the turn was over, the flippers deactivated, & the 2nd ball drained, apparently counting as the next player's turn, because it skipped Player 2 and Player 3 was now up. I contacted Stern Tech Support who responded quickly, and was told they were sending me a new SD Card. They added that if the card did not resolve the issue, I would need obtain a new CPU from my distributor. I will be glad when that is resolved, along with the ball search after 20% of ball drains. I still feel it is a quality, fun and awesome pin, just experiencing some newborn game growing pains that should be resolved before long. I have no regrets, as I have been hoping someone would build this theme since TAF was released some 26 years ago following the movie release. It's a Great tribute to a Classic TV Show, Ha Ha Ha (in Herman's baritone house shaking laugh).

I'm running 0.96 on my LE and have noticed about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time the mini saucer in the lower PF does not register that the ball is there - it just sits and sits there. Have also had the machine not recognizing that the ball has drained into the trough, intermittently. These seem like software bugs.

Other than that, and wanting the shaker motor situation (RPM adjustment, please?), loving my Munsters LE and getting better at it over time. Wife likes it to, which is good. Though got in trouble tonight when I said I might get the new Stern Topper when it comes out!!

#2205 5 months ago

re: Shaker motor issue on my LE...

so I played the newly set up LE at Flippers of Cheyenne today. Their shaker motor works perfectly well - strong, but doesn't rattle the cabinet and turn it into a big sounding board. I wish mine worked like that. Couldn't figure out what the problem was when I tried two weeks ago. Any ideas? I'm going to email Stern about this tonight.

1 week later
#2357 4 months ago

Regarding audio settings on the LE: is there a way to increase the base /subwoofer level? Thought there was but can’t find it now. Played an LE in Cheyenne that seems to have the bass cranked up and it sounds great.

#2394 4 months ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Regarding audio settings on the LE: is there a way to increase the base /subwoofer level? Thought there was but can’t find it now. Played an LE in Cheyenne that seems to have the bass cranked up and it sounds great.

responding to my own post if anyone cares about the bass and treble adjustments - they are buried deep inside the audio category in the utilities menu...

I increased the bass to near max for both the cabinet and backbox speakers and was surprised that it didn't make that much of a difference. Wanted it way cranked up.

#2395 4 months ago

Regarding the Dragula "Race", can anybody tell me what the "Race" refers to, other than seeing the two cars on the screen going down the dragaway at what appears to be the same speed, and the ball getting ejected into the orbit loop. It doesn't really seem like a race to me. Nothing seems to change in the video. Possible missed opportunity by Dwight to create a real race of some sort on the video? I just don't get it. Am I missing something here?

#2632 4 months ago

Finally got my first Munster Madness. That was a lot of fun. Took a while to get there though...

#2677 4 months ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I put mine to 7 seconds

I set my ball save to the maximum possible (I think that's 20 seconds). Makes the game much more enjoyable. I don't agree with Dwight's rationale for the game being programmed to not use a ball save. Moving the outlane posts to the next position to help with ball drains might be in order at some point as well.

1 week later
#3103 4 months ago

Does anybody else have pop bumpers that aren't as sensitive as they should be? On my LE, a good portion of the time when the ball goes into the pop bumper area from the rollovers at the top, it lands on the pop bumper and ... nothing happens - it just rolls down into the other bumpers and sometimes ... nothing happens there either! They just don't seem to be sensitive to ball hits like they should be. Is there some kind of adjustment to make to make them a bit more "hyper"?

Updated to 0.99.0 tonight and changed bottom flipper settings to "soft". So far fairly pleased. But want my pop bumpers to work properly. The only other thing I want is to get more bass out of the thing - might get a subwoofer - just get something off Amazon and attach those $10 jumper cables that you see for sale below?

2 weeks later
#3474 3 months ago
Quoted from Delta9:

New Munsters topper finally finished pm if interested thank you

That whirring mechanical noise sounds like a ventilator in an ICU! Nice topper.

2 weeks later
#4039 3 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Every single end of ball scene has a weird curved filter line in it now. I seem to remember they had this issue in BM66 at one point too.
You can see a curved line about 1/3 of screen from left. Lighter shade on left, darker on right.
Also, the timer still behaves oddly if you enter grandpa’s lab while other modes are either going or have previously been started. It doesn’t happen every time it on occasion it’ll start counting down before you can even begin flipping down there and the ball pops.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Someone pointed out that curved line with differing contrast on each side a while back. It is annoying to look at and (ahem, Dwight) needs to be fixed in a code update. Very amateurish!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippingr8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside