pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finplanner69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7581 4 years ago

Just bought my first pinball, Munsters LE! Can't wait for it to arrive!

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I predict that you will enjoy it. May I ask if you bought it new or did you find a used one?

Found one used on Pinside.

1 week later
#7797 4 years ago

My LE arrives tomorrow. My first pin! So excited. First thing is to learn how to update code, see if my guide rail is bent and touching the opto, learn what a guide rail and opto are, and figure out what supplies/tools I need to get to care for my first baby.

#7805 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Congrats! You will love it.
In this video I explain how to download and install code updates for your stern pin! I show it using Windows 10 and Stranger Things. But process is the same for Munsters. In fact, I accidentally upgrade my ST pin to Munsters by accident the first time.

I also compare the ST Premium playfield to a pimped out Munsters Premium.
Also. GET THE TOPPER.

Thanks! That is awesome and very helpful! I have the topper on order...not sure when/if I will actually get it.

#7829 4 years ago

Got my LE a few hours ago and haven't stopped playing, but noticed something really weird... Sometimes after the match clock finishes there is a really loud popping noise. Anyone know what that is about? It is way louder than I have the volume set.

Thanks!

#7853 4 years ago

Day one of pinball ownership. No guts no glory. Got rid of the fog on the lower playfield and lightly cleaned everything. Now to wait for my real cleaning supplies to arrive. Really surprised at how dinged the lower playfield is as this game only had a couple hundred plays on it.

20200417_154701 (resized).jpg20200417_154701 (resized).jpg20200417_154713 (resized).jpg20200417_154713 (resized).jpg
#7855 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

what did you use to clean the lower window with ?

Well keep in mind I'm a noob so I probably committed a few cardinal sins. But the lower portion of the lower playfield was so hazy it was kind hard to play. So I used a 50/50 alcohol water mix that was recommended to clean the Stern HD glass on the LE and very lightly dappened an eyeglass cleaning cloth. I did some gentle small circles and by the time I was done the glass was clean and the white cloth was black. Finished product haze free.

20200417_172116 (resized).jpg20200417_172116 (resized).jpg
#7859 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My clearcoat is starting to chip right near the scoop protector. The old one I replaced was bent right at the spot the chip started at and was digging into the clearcoat deep. I put a small piece of mylar down over the chip but I really don't think the stern protector is going to do the job. Will be buying the GB scoop protector from Cliffy to do the repair properly soon.

Is this like the chipping you are talking about? I have some on the front and the side. I'll buy the Cliffy part everyone is talking about, but what do I do about the chipped sections?

20200417_203239 (resized).jpg20200417_203239 (resized).jpg20200417_203305 (resized).jpg20200417_203305 (resized).jpg
#7870 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

That’s clear!
Anyone see any concern before I try this 50/50 mix?

Clear I'm a noob or the glass is clear? Lol

Here is a before though not the best quality pic, but you can see the haze pretty clearly.

20200417_231455 (resized).jpg20200417_231455 (resized).jpg
#7873 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I wonder if the 50/50 alcohol water mix is taking off the old wax on top/bottom of lower playfield window. Making it shine.
Now if you wax it wondering if the haze comes back?

Good question. I will say I used the smallest amount and the haze wasn't "even" it was mostly on the underside of the glass around the flipper area. I wonder why they would wax the underside? Would have been nice for Stern to have included some care instructions for the LPF.

MK6PIN What is the name of the spray? I'm ordering official cleaning stuff to care for my pin so I don't have to keep using my homemade concoction.

#7883 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I remember using this years ago but forgot.
Question, do you apply anything to plastic after this treatment? When you wax your playfield do you wax the lower playfield plastic plastic cover?

I sent an email to Stern last night asking this and other questions re: the LPF and its care and cleaning. I'll let you know if they respond.

#7894 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The multiplayer issues still exist. Just ran into them tonight during family tournament night

What multi-player issue please? Tried to search thread but didn't find it. Thanks.

On a side note, after day three of owning my first baby, I have found and turned on the end game option so I can throw a fit and quit when my first ball shoots straight down the middle.

#7911 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My experience on lower playfield glass is: once I changed flipper rubber to Titan silicone (and all the other rubber in the lower PF to Titans), no more dust clouding the lower PF glass at all. Stayed clean from that point onward. All the dust was coming from the flipper rubber. I also vacuumed the whole lower PF to ensure no dust remained. Problem solved.

I was just going to ask if switching to titan would solve the dust problem! Great minds. I think I'll just replace everything in the machine with new titans since I think it is all the original rubbers. Now to decide on colors.....

#7921 4 years ago

Regarding the LPF glass (plastic) from Chas: just clean and polish as you do the rest of the playfield.

Now, if my 70 year old handicapped father would stop getting the ball stuck in the LPF in the worst places! Had to take the playfield off today just to unstick this sucker.

20200420_173310 (resized).jpg20200420_173310 (resized).jpg
#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Here my solution for avoid stucking balls in this place. And no airball can hit the opto behind too.
[quoted image]

So I'm a noob...so I'm guessing here...longer screw/post and a rubber sleeve??? Would you be so kind as to tell me the exact parts I need to get to do this fix because it got stuck there again today.

#7944 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

My premium has a vertical post there to prevent that.[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing this pic! I email Chas your pic and they are sending me the parts to fix mine. Woohoo!

#7946 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey Guys (and any Gals),
Need a small favor from my fellow Munsters friends.
I have some dings in the bottom of my Pro cabinet (front - no, I didn't do it). Too busy right now to bondo and re-decal properly. But until then I'd like to at least print something, attach it to some backer material, and fit it in there so it looks a bit better. Can someone snap 2 or 3 high res pics so I have the correct artwork to fill with? Might be better w/a flash or in sunlight so the color is a closer match.
If so, reach out w/a PM.
Thanks ahead of time,
Mark[quoted image]

Ouch! I don't have a pro or would be happy to help. Is the person that did do it still alive?

#7958 3 years ago

So pissed! Dropped a nut from the bottom left of the lower playfield while I was screwing it back on. I cannot find it anywhere! I've been searching the machine for hours. Any ideas??

I thought it fell down spot but no luck. It should have come out on the playfield if it fell down spot.

#7961 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Look on the woofer speaker magnet. I find more hardware stuck to that every time.

Omg! I cannot tell you how many times I checked the woofer speaker, but after taking a couple of hour break and going back to it with fresh eyes and your advice, there it was right under the front lip. Thank you!!!

#7962 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

oh my!!!
Any chance of getting a listing of what silicone bands to order to outfit the complete lower playfield?
I’m sick of dusting the plexi

6- 7/16OD
2- tiny flippers (not mini but tiny)

I have a multicolor kit on titan website for the whole machine that looks really good with my LE and probably color premium too. IMHO.

#7975 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

The batch he has is fresh from Stern not old stock so they should have all the revisions. No issues with mine.

Wonder why they haven't shipped pending orders from their site then.... Mine is still showing pending fulfillment.

#7993 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just hit the buy in now button. The auction had shown more than 10 available with 3 sold. Now it shows 4 sold.
And I was messaged it was in stock and should arrive by May 4,2020.

I just emailed them directly and they do not have in stock. She says it says that in the ebay listing that it is special order and they don't have them. They are still waiting on an update from Stern as to when they will get them.

#8000 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I emailed them and got back a reply that they are in stock and ready to go. I don't know who you emailed.
[quoted image]

cottonm4 Grindle3 I'm So sorry. Someone said game room guys a few posts up and I got my wires crossed.

#8007 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I was under the impression that these were the 2nd generation toppers. It sounds more like these are left over from the 1st run. I hope I don't get a dud like some of the guys got.

I was wondering that as well but ordered one anyway... We shall see if they reply.

Cointaker got a shipment not long ago that went to fill back orders so maybe this is a similar situation.

#8034 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mine broke like that. Chas sent me a warranty replacement. After I made the replacement, I tie wrapped the two wires together to prevent the wires from shaking.

Can you upload a pic when you have a chance. I'm not sure which two you tie together and how that keeps them from moving.

Thanks!

#8100 3 years ago

Good lord a full Cliffy install is not for the faint of heart. Between that and my Stern warranty fixes that arrived today I think I have taken the whole playfield apart and put it back together again. Now to find the one little screw that ran away on me...

And hopefully my topper arrives tomorrow.

#8128 3 years ago

Got my topper today, plugged it in and now I'm getting an overcurrent warning on that node. Any thoughts?

#8159 3 years ago

Guys. Any ideas on my topper problem??? Or did I just get a dud...

20200501_191738 (resized).jpg20200501_191738 (resized).jpg
#8171 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

ugh...I'd check all connections at the board ( again taking the topper off the game...really not that hard) then reinstall.
maybe not sending something due to a loose connection. If that doesn't work, back in the box and call Chas...I'd worry about leaving it connected too long like that...don't want to damage other boards..good luck

I did that last night with no improvement so I took it off and left it off and emailed Chas. So great minds. open to any other ideas. Hate the thought of being at the back of the line again waiting for a good one.

#8174 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am still not convinced this is 2nd round... all cooresondence with Stern says end of May...

In my email to Chas I mentioned that Classic Game Rooms said this was second run so we will see. I tend to think it is 2nd Gen because everyone was out of stock and then Stern sent some out to over the last couple of weeks to fill backorder with Cointaker etc. I can't imagine they were sending out first runs that they had been sitting on forever. Who knows. It is definitely hit and miss, and I'm bummed mine has problems. It light up and all, but can't test it fully with this overcurrent error popping up right off the bat.

In the meantime the game is kicking my butt today!

#8180 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thats my concern....how did Stern send them out....when they are under lockdown....and have been.. I hope your right...

They are not completely on lock down. Chas said they are still working just not as much. Got a package directly from them a few days ago with update parts.

#8186 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

All good cottonm4 .....think I was suffering from "TSD" (Topper Stress Disorder) yesterday, lol...and heard "it's all plastic" in description one too many times in the thread. I hate people are having problems still....no excuse.
Thanks for the pics and hope you get yours sorted (I really think you might be very close).

As I was taking mine apart to check the wiring, I told hubby that this sure is a unique hobby. I can't imagine another circumstance where I would buy something new for $500 and then immediately take it apart to see if I could fix it.

#8201 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Mail Call yesterday
Cliff’s Munsters Scoop also Wonka LE ejects
[quoted image]

Just installed mine the other day. It was as monster to install. Lost one little screw from Lily's organ (piano) which I don't think I will ever find again.

#8235 3 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

These were just produced so Id hope they are good, but I dont have a Munsters machine open I can test them on unfortunately.

Mine that I received Friday does not work.

And on that note, anyone have any ideas on how to fix? Chas says I can fix myself or send in for repair....sigh.

none (resized).jpgnone (resized).jpg
#8237 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Depends how handy you are? Looks like light 14 (I do not know where that light is) could have solder trace touching or could need replacing. The node board or connections could be faulty as well.
If you are not confident, send it back for repair.
Looks like Sten re boxed all the return warranty toppers and re sold them. Again, shit QC.
Topper is awesome when it works. This is why I love Pinside. A collection give group of info.

Narrowed it down to this panel and realized I have a light out on it. Seeing if Chas wants me to send back the entire topper or just wants to send me a new light/wire set.

1588626446308773661451658040477 (resized).jpg1588626446308773661451658040477 (resized).jpg
#8250 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'd actually look for an open too (bad solder joint, not a short) on the LED itself, or make sure the LED is installed correctly.
Adding to pinballaddicted's comments, how good are you at using a multimeter? Can you solder?

mbwalker pinballaddicted I'm not a multimeter pro by any means, but I know my way around one. I didn't see what was obviously a bad solder joint so I checked all the wires for continuity and all was well. Then I went to the light itself... When I test all the other lights, the lights light up a bit and the multimeter stays silent. When I test the bad one I get my beep and no light. I haven't soldered anything in a long long time. I don't even know where my soldering iron is... Hoping Chas will send me the whole string rather the one led so I don't have to figure out if I can still do it.

MK6PIN Thanks! I just tested it with one set of lights plugged in at a time. Turns out, rather fortunately, that the light string that is out are the background lights. So, I went ahead and installed it with this set of lights removed entirely. Works fine other than the fact that, as many have reported, the raven door doesn't close all the way and the raven light is BRIGHT if you look right at it while playing.

#8254 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Bam!!...you found your problem!!!...does your game now boot properly w no node board errors? Sounds like it does....
Regarding the other:
Raven door should close "square" to the front of the housing, but not tight. Hinge doesn't allow for it. Not a real biggy, provided he comes out and the door opens fully.
Raven light is definitely blinding...I switched mine to Red (think some have done Purple) https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-spike-5v-flashers . you can bend the bracket down a bit (not too far..) and it looks great. Hoping it only lights when he comes out someday....not sure if code will fix it, as I didn't pay attention to how it was wired...maybe a schematic will surface at some point.
Brave moves!!!! Now tell Chas to send you the light string, along w a T-shirt for your hassle ......enjoy Raven taunting the crap out of you, and general chaos up there during Raven multiball and Munster Madness...you've earned it!!!!..

It does boot without a node error. The door doesn't close quite square, but not enough to really matter I don't think. I can reach up and push and it closes about a 1/8-1/4 inch more.

Thanks for the link! and for you all your support so far! ~ Tiff

#8278 3 years ago

I might have another topper problem... At some point during a game yesterday the clock started spinning. It didn't stop. Not even after the game was over, while the machine was sitting idle, when another game was started. Finally turned the machine off and then today it happened again. Thoughts?

#8336 3 years ago

I keep finding new and inventive ways to get the ball stuck in the lower playfield.

In other news, sent my topper wire harness off to Chas yesterday for them to fix. Can't wait to get that tech diagram when it comes out!

#8349 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where are you getting stuck at?

All over the place. Not one spot in particular.

#8350 3 years ago

Mods for mother's day! Kids and hubby did a great job.

20200510_135152 (resized).jpg20200510_135152 (resized).jpg20200511_001335 (resized).jpg20200511_001335 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8515 3 years ago

Well, I got the topper defunct light string back from Stern awhile back and just got it installed. I've been distracted helping my kiddo upgrade his 1up arcade. He should not have asked for mom help. It went from a simple, can you help me afix this control board to me installing a shelf, another speaker, the amp controller through the front plate, and on and on.
...So much fun. Lol.

Back to pinball...The fixed light string solved my problem it works like a charm. I didn't make any other topper adjustments at this time. I found I got used to all the other quirks because I don't have time to look up anyway! I'll probably tweak it later, but I'm ready for a break. I think I've even decided to forgo the mods I was wanting for my bday in just a couple of weeks and shoot for something with less assembly required like a purse or something. Of course when I bought this machine I told hubby it was mother's day, birthday, and Christmas....but he's been married to me forever so he knew better.

#8535 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are you saying you are the pinhead in the family and have to get the old man's approval to get a pinball machine? Does he have you regulated to a small corner of the basement

I am the only pinhead, yet everyone is enjoying the Munsters. And hubby had a good laugh at that...everyone knows I'm the boss, I just give him the illusion that he has a say.

Put the Munsters in my dining room! I have 12 months before I can take over my oldest kiddo's room and turn it into my pinball cave. Of course I'll be so depressed about my first born leaving the nest that I will HAVE to sooth my broken heart with more pins.

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

as much as I want one....and have been waiting on Stern to put them back on sale....I think I am done...too bad....such a awesome topper...with crap quality. I refuse to pay close to $500 and have to repair/mod it to make it work......

For all I had to take mine apart and send in a light string for repair, I'm still glad I did it. It looks awesome and is so much fun. Just my 2 cents.

#8537 3 years ago

So I have had my Munsters LE for about a month and a half. I bought it with just over 100 games on it and now it has well over 1000. I can just see me trying to sell it down the road...

"Yeh I know the game count looks like it was heavily routed but most of that is just me pitching a fit and ending the game when I lose the first ball too quickly." Sad but true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finplanner69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=finplanner69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.