Topic Stats

• 6,219 posts
  • 356 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Bundy
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1570992046205755816283835372478 (resized).jpg
M - Topper - LED Cover (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
IMG_2141 (resized).JPG
IMG_2143 (resized).JPG
IMG_5317 (resized).jpg
IMG_5389 (resized).jpg
IMG_5384 (resized).jpg
IMG_2114 (resized).JPG
IMG_2115 (resized).JPG
ec532bf14e0b01fd6953bcc3a86b681f24635280 (resized).jpg
IMG_2116 (resized).JPG
675db92f88d2ee5cc8dfc10160a58a353d7b0cc3 (resized).jpg
98421 (resized).jpeg
c12e6350de6d34a3a45b3159eea146834f8d5e34 (resized).jpg
2019-10-03_22-15-03 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1843 7 months ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

There is no strip in the backbox, what a stupid miss by QA.

There is no strip to be in there...the LEDs are built into the board in the back box. There is also a setting to turn them off so you might want to find that in the settings to check that first.

LEDs (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2492 6 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

What model kenwood did they use in the LEs?
They’d look good on B&W premium.

You would also need different speaker plates to attach the 5 1/4" speakers (the LE size) in the premium or pro games.

I did see someone mention that they did buy the LE speaker plates from Stern to accommodate the bigger 5 1/4" speakers (I wasn't sure if they would sell them since they are an LE exclusive item), but they mentioned they were pretty pricey. On the bright side...if they are selling the LE speaker plates separately they might also sell you the larger Kenwood speakers too.

#2493 6 months ago

....or there are these. 358 different color / transition patterns with individually addressable LED lights. They will work in any SPIKE 2 games LE, Premium or Pro (besides Batman 66 Super LE).

Available by May 1st, 2019 at https://www.speakerlightkits.com

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2509 6 months ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I just bought a pair of new Kenwoods and you can get speaker plates from pinball life for cheap: https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

I hadn't seen those yet. Is that for a pair or a per plate price? I considered getting some of those made when I was getting my Replacement SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates made, but I had decided they were more speaker related (not my business) than Speaker Light Kit related (my business). The ones you linked to look to be compatible with my Speaker Light Kits...so I got that goin' for me...which is nice.

I'm quite surprised FF or PP didn't get on these first. Replacement speaker plates and bigger speakers. I really expected the aftermarket speaker crew to have a complete new line of bigger SPIKE 2 upgraded speakers within 6 months of Batman 66's reveal.

The gold rings are just painted on the plates. Most likely OP covered them with the lighted rings

Naw....it's actually an extra square piece that mounts behind the hole in the speaker plate. I was expecting it to be a (gold) plastic piece (as were Batman 66 SLE, Deadpool LE and Iron Maiden LE I believe), but it's actually painted metal...or real gold. I didn't give it a test bite to check when I was examining it.

3 weeks later
#3327 5 months ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey everyone, I just made a detailed video on the installation and review of Pingraffix Power Bladez on my Premium!
Check it out!

Quoted from Darkfader:

Yes I will be doing that video at some point, I just need to buy the kit, All of my other pins, Have upgraded speakers in them and boy what a difference!
Also Anybody have any Munsters video ideas that they would like to see done?

I watched your video earlier today. I liked it. I did notice you said you needed to remove 3 nuts to get the cover off of the AC power box. I believe you only need to remove 2 of them (the one on the middle of the cover and the one holding the cover on the PCB on the left). That nut on the right side of it....I'm not really sure what it holds on, but I'm pretty sure it isn't the AC cover or there is any need to remove it to get to the Bill Validator plug...(or so the official Stern instructions say).

As for suggestions on future videos....yeah, an install of my upcoming Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit from http://www.speakerlightkits.com It would be the very first install of one of them in a game that also has Pingraffix PowerBladez installed. They both use the game's Bill Validator plug, but I do plan on selling power splitters for that hookup, just in case a person wants to use my Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit along with a bill acceptor or the PowerBladez.

If you are interested, it might be a good time to decide before you do any upgraded speaker purchasing, as they may or may not need to have spacers or spacer rings removed depending on what you are wanting to put in the game. I also have Replacement SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates (for standard 4" speaker use). They center the speaker holes in the honeycomb grill area and don't have the jail bars in the speaker holes. Of course they may not be needed (or even visible) depending on what speakers you are using and if you decide to keep the factory speaker foam in the game.

If you are interested...shoot me a PM and we can discuss what you would be interested in doing as far as the speakers and speaker lighting goes. It might be a good video idea and it could be internet gold if something asplodes.

#3384 5 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The pinstadiums do not draw power from the clips. Chuck is right it is just a trigger. The grandpa chair just draws a small amount to light the two leds in the back of the chair. I can’t imagine that is the problem. Not ready to ask stern yet I don’t want them to tell me I voided my warranty or something. The reason I have them both there is that is the trigger point I want for both items. The effects are amazing and I don’t want to change it unless I have to.

Have you tried disconnecting the mods? Disconnect both and make sure that gets rid of your issue (that would at least show the issue IS one of the mods). Then hooking each one up individually to see if that causes an issue (this may show which mod or it's connection is the culprit). If all is still well with both mods hooked up alone...reconnect both of them at the same time again and see if the issue was mysteriously corrected by disconnecting and reconnecting them or you then know the issue is the 2 in conjunction with each other. If the issue is only when both are hooked up, you might then want to start trying using them on different connection location to see if that is the cause.

I remembers someone's bicycle girl lighting mod on The Walking Dead was causing other mods to act up. The weird thing was all of the mods would work fine individuality, but if some other mods were hooked up when the bicycle girl lighting mod was....it would cause the other mods to stop working (while the bicycle girl mod would continue to work). The bicycle girl mod was somehow triggering the issue, but it would continue to work while it made the other mods crap out.

So in summery, my long winded suggestion is try different things to see if you can narrow down what is causing the issue.

#3406 5 months ago

I ordered a pair of speaker gaskets so my speakers won't be pushed against the grill. While I was digging through the LE manual I also noticed there was an additional speaker plate. I wasn't sure what it was for so I ordered a pair as well. As it turns out, this is what creates the gold ring on the LE speaker box. I'll be picking up some silver paint this weekend and painting them, but they do look kinda cool on the Premium.[quoted image][quoted image]

I knew Pinball Life was selling the replacement speaker plates for the bigger 5 1/4" speakers and was just wondering tonight where people were getting their gaskets and 1/2" spacers from for them. I'm a bit surprised Stern will sell these LE parts to just anyone and even more surprised they are selling the gold surrounds. Not quite as surprised as I was when I realized that the gold surrounds were metal and not plastic....but still pretty surprised. I think the silver surrounds should match the trim and premium's black and white theme well.

Fun Fact: If a person would choose to use my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit in this type of setup....they wouldn't need the additional gaskets and 1/2" spacers as my speaker light frames provide the extra 1/2" of front mounting space that the extended tweeters need. They also look pretty sweet with those white coned Kenwood speakers. My upcoming (next week) Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits are shown in the video.

#3414 5 months ago

I emailed Stern directly and explained to them that I didnt have an LE but wanted an LE look on my premium. Stern told me to give the part numbers to my local distributor so they could be ordered.
I ordered a set of your speaker lights but haven't installed them yet. I'm kicking around the idea of mounting the speaker lights behind the 5 1/4 plate so that light will only shine through the speakers.

I know it used to be if you wanted LE parts Stern would ask for your serial number to make sure you were an LE owner. On backglasses they would even make you return the shards of a broken backglass to be allowed to buy a replacement.

I heard awhile back that Pinball Life was selling the LE speaker plates for the 5 1/4" speakers. I now see they have the speaker gaskets and 1/2" spacers also. They even sell the red plastic speaker surround (used for Batman 66 SLE, Deadpool LE, Iron Maiden LE and Black Knight SoR LE), but I didn't see the gold metal ones used in Munsters LE.

#3416 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The b66SLE ones are lit. Pretty sure the Pinball Life ones aren’t lit.

It seems the part number that Pinball Life has is red and made for Iron Maiden. After looking at all of the LE games that use these surrounds....it seems that none of them have the same part number. Black Knight: SoR still does not have it's manual released so I don't know if it has the same part number of any of the others or not.

I believe the only difference in these part numbers are the colors and materiel that they are made out of. The lighting that Batman 66 and Deadpool have are not connected with these surrounds and they are lit by a separate part that simply holds lights that point at the surrounds. This is a slight improvement over what Stern did in Star Trek LE and Mustang LE, but the surrounds themselves do not light up or have lights in them. The lights mounted behind them just shines through them.

I just realized the color was different on Batman 66 SLV vs Iron Maiden and Deadpool (orange vs red), but I wonder what the different is between Deadpool and Iron Maiden (different shade of red, translucent red instead of opaque red materiel)? I was thinking they had all been red until The Munsters gold (metal) ones.

1 month later
#4447 4 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So you guys that have put in the Kenwood (LE) speakers in your Munsters Pro, which extra parts were required and where did you get them?

You will need the speakers (29.99 a pair):

amazon.com link »

(2) The speaker plates ($69.90 a pair):

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

(2) The gaskets ($25.90 a pair):

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

(8) 1/2" spacers ($3.52 for all 8):

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-spacers.html

....and you will still be missing the colored surround plates (not required, but for looks). They are available from $23.90 - $50 a pair depending on where you get them and which ones you choose (Batman Orange, Deadpool translucent red, Iron Maiden / Black Knight red or Munsters gold). I plan on offering these soon for (est) $25 a pair and you can choose about any color or style acrylic of your choosing. I have one person that is getting purple mirror surround for their GotG. You could get a gold mirror acrylic set for $25 from me vs the gold metal plates the factory has for $50 a pair.

I am also considering selling these surround in raw steel so a person can paint / powder coat them to whatever color they would like.

I may also be offering a lower price solution on the 5 1/2 speaker plates, but that will be at least a few months off if that happens.

Also, keep in mind if a person would choose to do this 4" to 5 1/2" speaker upgrade and want to use one of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits....you would not have to buy the gaskets and spacers listed above, as the Speaker Light Kit frames would be used in their place.

#4451 4 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Thanks for the info! Do I understand correctly that if I buy your product I would still need the speaker plates from Pinballlife?

Yes, if you are going from a 4" to a 5 1/2" speaker....you will need a different speaker plate that is made to accommodate a 5 1/2" speaker.

If you are using one of my Standard or Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits.....you would NOT need the speaker gaskets or spacers that I also listed above, as my Speaker Light Kit frames add the 1/2" of spacer needed that the gaskets and spacers were allowing, if my light kits were not used. It was just my way of saying...."If you are interested in one of my Speaker Light Kits with this 4" to 5 1/2" upgrade....no need to spend the $30 on the gaskets and spacers when they won't be needed if my Speaker Light Kit is used".

As I stated, I am looking into offering a 5 1/2" speaker plate option, but I haven't decided on what I would like to do as far as that goes and I know that, in any case, would be months away.

1 week later
#4648 4 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So I upgraded my Pro speakers to the LE ones. Must say it is a significant improvement! The sound is much clearer and with more definition. Always felt that the sound was muffled before and guess I was right. Would say it is the best upgrade of all that I've made so far (shaker, mirror blades, tons of other mods).

I am looking into offering this same type of upgrade for Pro or Premium users, or LE owners of other SPIKE 2 games that didn't include the bigger 5 1/4" as an LE upgrade (excluding the actual 5 1/4" speakers...which a person will have to choose and purchase on their own), but at a lower price. This lower price will also be including a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit. So you can still get all of the needed parts for this upgrade and a Speaker Light Kit at the lowest possible price...and heck, you can just keep the speaker lights unplugged if you don't like them and it will still be costing you less money than the 4" to 5 1/4" speaker upgrade does now.

The target total price including the speaker surrounds in a color / style of your choice, SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit of your choice and speakers should be $145 - $165 + shipping. The current upgrade cost for this is more like $155 and does not include the speaker lighting or have many speaker surround options.

This upgrade package is still in the works and is probably a couple of months away. Details, prices and availability are subject to change. I am just putting this out there as a possible heads up for people interested in making the 4" to 5 1/4" speaker jump...that will improve the game's look as much as its sound.

3 weeks later
#4940 3 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hoooooly shit, what a bunch of negative Nancy's we have around here people.....chill out! I got my topper today and it is absolutely beautiful. I was so excited to be the first one to post a topper pic but as luck would have it, my topper has an issue with the Raven door.
I worked on it and worked on it diligently because i wanted to be the first one to post pics of it lit up and stuff but it just wasnt meant to be i guess. Im going to have to get a new topper sent to me unfortunately. The good news is though its beautiful, it matches the black and white Premium in my opinion and its interactive with the game. Anyone who ordered this topper is going to be very happy.
I guess im still technically the first person to post a Munsters topper pic so eat your heart out guys!
[quoted image]

On the translite....Herman looks quite amused by that lady he is looking at on is transparent handheld TV.

2 weeks later
#5186 81 days ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I didn't notice the Stern Topper video on their site until today. Appears as though the door is open a little all the time. At least one is working

If that is the way it is designed to work (fairly lame), I guess they are at least being honest about it by showing it in their own promo video.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside