pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dentaldude88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10522 2 years ago

This is an awesome surprise and has reinvigorated my love for this game (as it was my first). I own a Premium. The new code definitely helps with scoring (got 1.1 billion on my first game with new code) even though the super jackpot scoring is lower, but you do get one more extra ball than usual it seems. Chattering teeth tiers are reminiscent of Ghostbusters ghosts which is a nice touch. There may be something funky with Grandpa's lab multiball, not totally sure yet... New sounds and flashes are refreshing as well. And the Challenge mode is nice. Overall, it's cool to have some added depth and layering with the Enlarging Ray happening over your normal Munster modes for some stacked scoring. Great Christmas gift!

#10529 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

1.1 B on this game you are a heck of a better player than me. .
In Grand pa's lab , I see scoring from hitting the lit shots as before. In addition, I am getting Zap Jack pots when on the mini play field as well. Is that new or was the ability to get Zap jackpots on the mini always there?

Yes the Zap jackpot shots have always been there in Grandpa's lab (if you have the Zaps charged up of course)

#10530 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Has any one gotten to Secret Mania mode via a mystery award yet?

I have not yet

#10531 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have not been playing Munster's much lately....got a Jurassic Park Prem and boy that game is tough...but firing up Munster's and playing I can sure tell its made a little better player.... hit Munster Madness on my 2nd ball... never done that before

Completely agree, I also have a JP premium and playing that (plus TMNT) has made me a better player on Munsters for sure. It makes me appreciate the beautiful simplicity of this game! Don't really understand all the hate this game gets...

#10533 2 years ago

Just the way of PinSide. Think MM is the latest target ( good luck w that). Many, many agendas live here....Munsters was an easy target....mini balls on lower pf, unitargets, and until now, shallow code.

That's a shame because we're all supposed to be pinball lovers on here. No matter the game, really. To just be happy to flip some balls is what I wish for everyone on Pinside. Everyone in this particular thread has a good attitude and you can tell they have a love for our "unflippable" little machine. Keep up the good vibes, Munsters crew!

#10534 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just the way of PinSide. Think MM is the latest target ( good luck w that). Many, many agendas live here....Munsters was an easy target....mini balls on lower pf, unitargets, and until now, shallow code.

That's a shame because we're all supposed to be pinball lovers on here. No matter the game, really. To just be happy to flip some balls is what I wish for everyone on Pinside. Everyone in this particular thread has a good attitude and you can tell they have a love for our "unflippable" little machine. Keep up the good vibes, Munsters crew!

3 months later
#11154 2 years ago

Yep just installed tonight and racked up over half the achievements in the first game.

BE CAREFUL!!! My front flat-head screws were missing from the manufacturer, which I had no idea about until I followed the installation guide and had the table lifted all the way up, took off the 11/32" nuts underneath the playfield and the whole front apron nearly fell down between the backglass and the playfield, which would have caused serious damage. It barely wedged itself as I was returning the table to the normal position and I grabbed it before it fell all the way down...moral of the story: MAKE SURE YOUR FRONT FLAT-HEAD SCREWS ARE ACTAULLY IN THE APRON HARNESS BEFORE YOU START WORKING!!! (These are located under the lock-down bar).

The IC makes the already updated code even more fun! Enjoy getting those achievements!!

Quoted from dashv:

Got my insider connected for Munsters this week and the mod to install it in the dollar bill acceptor spot instead of the apron.
Gonna stream installing it this weekend.
Anyone here already installed it and started racking up achievements?

#11156 2 years ago

I didn't put the advertising stickers on mine, just the QR reader, but the door application sounds cool too.

Quoted from dashv:

It’s just my personal preference but I refuse to give up 1/3 of my apron to generic insider connected advertising.

3 weeks later
#11192 1 year ago

Anyone that comes over always gravitates toward Munsters, especially after they play my other machines. Family favorite! Such a smooth shooter and the new code has easily elevated it to Top 10. And adding insider Connected has made it even more interesting.
20220504_143206 (resized).jpg20220504_143206 (resized).jpg

#11194 1 year ago

TMNT is way faster than Ghostbusters. After you play TMNT enough, Munster's feels slow hehe!

Quoted from fhk:

I see you like fast pinball. I like too
The more fast is tnmt or ghostbuster?

#11207 1 year ago

I agree that Munster's will fly when cleaned and waxed, but there are not as many punishing returns from bad shots on Munsters as is with TMNT. I guess that it comes down to the fact that I can crush Munsters way more than it crushes me, which is the opposite on Turtles...that game is brutal and the 3rd flipper shot requires very fast reflexes.

I just cleaned and polished my Jurassic Park, and boy! It is way faster than Munsters for sure, right up there with TMNT.

This just goes to show that there can be so many variations and nuances with the same machines. My machines feel different than identical ones on location. Subtle nuances maybe, but nuances nonetheless.

Quoted from Riefepeters:

Yes, and no way. Tmnt is faster than GB…but faster than munsters?! Can’t be. Maybe I just have my munsters pro waxed and dialed in but that puppy flies. Munsters is Faster than any other game I’ve had Including Johnny mnemonic which people swear is the fastest pin out there.

#11208 1 year ago

Well said. Spot on. Pun intended.

Quoted from dashv:

As ShinyBall says, Munsters can get crazy at times but TMNT I feel is the faster pin.
If I want my ass kicked I play TMNT. If I need a breather I play Munsters. I think they complement each other quite well.

#11210 1 year ago

And let's not forget that these rankings are voted on by Pinsiders only. If the general populace, the lay person if you will, had a say based on their casual interactions with pinball, Munsters would be at the top. Heck, it was an on-location Munsters that really got me excited about pinball and drove me to delve deeper. And for that reason I chose it as my first machine, and I had played many of them by that point. It is truly a special machine. I'll never get rid of it.

Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yep, isn't that funny that Your Jurassic park is rated number (#4) and people still want to play (#99) Munsters more!!
Our top 100 list is so outdated..Robin should consider a restart from scratch (maybe once a year)...and see where it goes...anyways Munsters has always been the one that people go to at my house too...My MBR is a close second

#11211 1 year ago

I most respectfully disagree. There can be immense flow and speed when you are on fire during a game of TMNT, it's just harder to achieve that flow.

Quoted from Riefepeters:

I can certainly understand how some people feel tmnt is brutal, but once you dial in your shots it’s not an ass-kicker game. And the gameplay is not as fast as munsters. Sure, the shots are not as buttery nor wide open, but even when you’re hitting all your shots regularly the gameplay is not fast.

#11214 1 year ago

And part of our disagreement may stem from Grandpa's lab slowing the pace of the game down on the Pre vs the Pro. It does tend to interrupt some high speed moments and redirects your focus for a minute.

But anyways, glad we can be both disagreeable and civil at the same time. God bless, brother.

Quoted from Riefepeters:

I respect your respectful disagreement.

2 months later
#11370 1 year ago

Has anyone attained the Max Teeth achievement? I've had over 200 in a game and still no reward...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dentaldude88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=dentaldude88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.