P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

258 posts in this topic match your search for posts by deathhimself. You are on page 1 of 2.
#18 5 years ago

Getting the Prem, so I'll be in eventually.

2 months later
#2431 4 years ago

I thought I was exiting the hobby and the wife dragged me back in lol. Premium ordered and should be here by next weekend. So how is the Grandpa's hole protector and other then the switch slot and shooter lane protectors any other protector needed?

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Cmon brother you have got to have that thing set up by now let’s see it

Seriously, mine is coming Saturday and I'm sitting here with a box cutter in my hands already.

#2466 4 years ago

The B&W is so bad ass it’s ridiculous

The Prem was mine and my wife's favorite model also, the whole scheme just fit natural with the show. Passed on the LE, the color is nice and beautiful but dislike the cab side art. I think the Pro has the nicest translight of them all, I will try to purchase one of those lol.

#2475 4 years ago

Love the speaker lights in the LE, wonder if we can add them to the Prem.

#2476 4 years ago

Ha ha holy smokes it looks amazing

Looking at how beautiful the sideart is, I just ordered the new side armor to protect it now while they are available for once all these Prem's start getting delivered they are going to go fast.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-side-armor-with-holes.html

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

used=speakers=bad. No way to truly tell how they were treated prior. unless an obvious rattle or broken surround, coil scraping magnet, etc.

Shit I linked the wrong ones, sorry. These are the new ones.

ebay.com link: Pair Kenwood KFC 1366S 5 25 500 Watt 2 Way Car Audio Coaxial Speakers

#2519 4 years ago

Then there maybe an Ohm setting on the amp to switch between 4 & 8, highly doubt there is a 16 as it's not widely commonly used. Or most likely, the amp is running in High setting (8ohm) which can also allow the use of 4ohm speakers to be used without over driving the amp creating excessive heat.

Found this information after I spoke lol.

Some amps have an impedance selector switch. In most cases we recommend the 8-ohm or more setting. The manufacturer puts them there for UL/CSA approvals as well as easing consumer concerns about driving low impedance loads. These switches step down voltage feed to the power sections which will limit dynamics and overall fidelity. Keep the switch set for 8 ohms regardless of the impedance of your speakers

The "low" setting (less than 8 ohms) and the "High" setting (8 ohms or more). This is the reason I usually recommend keeping this switch in its default "High" setting and using common sense when mating a receiver with inefficient 4 ohm speakers in large rooms.

All the "Low" setting of the switch is doing is stepping the rail voltage down so when UL tests the amp at a specified distortion level, the amp will achieve that distortion level sooner since it runs out of headroom more quickly than it would in the "High" (8 ohm or more) setting. This in turn generates less heat since the amp isn't driven as hard. You really aren't buying any protection for driving low impedance loads as you actually risk clipping the amplifier more since it can run out of headroom more easily. The switch is there more for certification purposes.

The reason you don't see this switch on separate amps is twofold:

They typically have more heat sink area, and bigger power supplies and can better manage the heat
They aren't UL certified and don't have to meet the requirement.

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Other than the previous post, here she is, and it's definately fun !!!

Absolutely stunning looking, I'm pumped and ready lol.

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok, so I called Stern, and the wireforms are left that way in order to look "industrial".....ok. The noise IS a cooling fan, but it's got to be mounted inside one of the metal boxes in the back box. I opened the back box and didn't see anything.

Check out this post about Sterns Spike system fans.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#2532 4 years ago

Have any of you guys with the Premium located the CPU mounted line out for external audio amplification, so we can hookup an external polk sub?

#2539 4 years ago

I could have sworn I have read somewhere that Dwight knew about some of these issues and was already testing a newer version of code to address some of the bugs. Maybe before he releases it they are adding in a few more goodies or objectives for Eddie and Marylin. Wishful thinking lol but who knows.

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Fuck all these pics of premiums in the box! Open those bitches up and show us! Pleaseeeeeee

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats what im saying too!

Yeah, Video in 1080P or better with a steady hand and crank the sound up.

#2569 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

no idea why the haters on this

Haters will always hate don't bother trying to figure it out. Just relax and enjoy what they choose to miss out, more for us.

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

This game is awesome it’s just fun feels like a throwback with the music and the black and white.

ssshhhh!!! Don't ruin it for the haters lol.

#2685 4 years ago

I was just informed my game will be delayed a little, bummer. So temporarily can we stop posting how good the game is and post why it sucks so I can at least feel good in the meantime

#2706 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It sucks so bad that it is fantastic. Sorry.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol let me direct you to the munsters hype/HATE thread. There all the negativity you can handle over there thanks to 3 or 4 people.

Quoted from cooked71:

This game sucks so bad I don’t play any of my other games since I got it. Feel better?

Quoted from MK6PIN:

It sucks so bad I'm learning to cradle and backhand orbit shots on the lower play field!!! Hate this game...Have to keep hitting start button alot...

Sure, let's just keep kicking a brother when he is down. LOL

#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Anyone source upgraded speakers ?

Polk PSW 10 powered sub woofer, all the bass you ever want and more.

#2751 4 years ago

Another really cool feature "I'm sure not by design" for the Prem and Le is with the lower PF there is at lot less dimpling area

Sorry couldn't resist, besides I have nothing else to post on it considering mine was set back a week or two

#2761 4 years ago

However just in-case do you have a reference number for them from Ace?

#2809 4 years ago

These look great for the Premium.

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

5 and 2 small ones in lower play field

6 Standard and 2 Mini LE / Prem

6 Standard Pro

#2846 4 years ago

Question for you LE / Prem guys that have been putting some time in on your games.

Have you guys noticed any hazing or clouding of the lower PF Lexan cover like we have heard about on some the AC DC units and Lucy Units?

#2849 4 years ago

I was thinking of pulling the cover as soon as it arrives and Mylar protecting it before any hazing or cloudy starts. Mylar is cheap enough to keep redoing periodically and now with the cover screws on top it just makes things a lot easier to rinse and repeat.

#2854 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just buy a spare cover or two...or 10.

What are they like $75.00 a pop? Yeah I might grab an extra and toss it in the hole but, gotta try the Mylar for $3.00 route. If it don't pan out just peel and wax lol.

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Surely to God that piece of plastic isnt 75.00-200.00 i hope? If they are that much they shouldn't scratch.

I was on Sterns site trying to find a way to order parts and see prices, the part # 545-1079-00 but had no luck finding it thus far.

#2890 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

replaced the original ones with

If anyone else wishes to replace them to allen hex head screws, they are 6-32 x 3/4" flat head screws.

#2927 4 years ago

Do you guys think that Pingraffix Powerblades will throw off too much light and ruin the lighting effects of the some the modes in the game?

#2941 4 years ago

DP was just updated to 1.00.0
BM 66 to 1.03.0
Beatles to 1.10.0
Maiden to 1.06.0
Nellie to 1.55.0
etc............

I don't think any actual number indicates a final code to be honest

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Starting with whatever was after ghostbusters was when they would release with .80 or whatever code and get to 1.00. That would be basically feature complete, then tweaks and bug fixes after that. Not a hard fast rule though. Just a guide for expectations.

Well let's have high expectations for more mode/audible content in 1.0.0

#2960 4 years ago

I wouldn't push any code panic buttons yet, let's see how this plays out. In the meantime it is fun as hell, great flow and call outs. Additional stuff can always be added especially if Gary wants to keep this on the line for a few years for prospective buyers. Not to beat a dead horse but we have been down this path with TWD and that turned out amazing, I know different coder all together but still Dwight has the chance to take a very good solid game and make it great.

#2968 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t think anyone is pushing any panic buttons.

Did you read this thread lol:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever

I do agree with you 100% and just as Dwight revisited Star Wars with a great code drop, he can still deliver a 1.00.0 final to speak with some extra content for Eddie loops and Marylin ramps shots plus maybe (I'm reaching here) a final wizard mode when you have completed MM level 2 etc...

Who knows what the future can bring and it's always human nature to want more but it's pretty good as it stands and some extras would be great.

#2994 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

BTW, can you believe all the posts on "the worst code ever", what the F!

Take it all with a grain of salt, however I did like when some ignoramus comes in breaking on spaceman credibility about judging IMDM just after two game plays (which he was being sarcastic btw) but the same person totally disregarded the same two game comment about the Munster's by another fellow like he was any more credible with his two plays you can't make this shit up. The green eye monster always rears its head sooner or later, it's classic Pinside.

People should learn if don't have a horse in this race, then just sit it out period.

My wife has been playing it all day, she is having a blast laughing her ass off calling out what segments of video are from what episode etc.... To me that makes it priceless. Fun is what it should all be about.

**Disclaimer ** I still have faith that Gary and Dwight will add more content and mode based rules. Yeah it may cost Stern a few bucks more to add some stuff but think of the rewards in return by selling this title for another 2-3 years. Cash is King and you have to lay some out to get more back in return.

#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I upgraded the speakers tonight. The sound quality is much better. The stock speakers sounded like "crunchy" when something like the Herman hurry up started. Now the sound is nice and crisp.[quoted image]

Did you also go into the settings under audio and change the speakers ohms from 8 to 4 ? Wonder if that enhances it more so.

#3046 4 years ago

I swear I hate this game so freaking much, I got nothing accomplished around the house yesterday and it doen't look like I'm getting anything done today as well.

#3048 4 years ago

....and here is the wife spreading some hate as well, lol.

This is just an awesome pin that is a blast to play. It really fits with the old adage that sometimes less is more.

A0659B07-030C-4A3B-B27E-6D886ADF57EB (resized).jpegA0659B07-030C-4A3B-B27E-6D886ADF57EB (resized).jpeg
#3054 4 years ago

What power settings are your main flippers adjusted to when you guys are playing? I just checked the settings and they were set to hard, I'm assuming that is the stronger setting as there is only soft, normal and hard. I was getting a lot of airballs and wanted to tone down their strength a bit.

#3056 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I have moved my lower flippers thro all the settings trying to fix the airball issue

Yep my lower's are on soft, but I'm referring to the upper PF full size flippers.

** I just re-read that lol, I'm now guessing when you said that you meant the lower set, full size flippers. Yeah I think maybe I should check my pitch I know my bubble isn't center I have it a bit steeper for faster play.**

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Using this argument, what will happen with your Munsters Premium after 1000s of plays when your entire play field has been compressed with dimples but yet the hard non-dimpling window over Grandpa’s Lab retains its original height?
Is the difference in play field surface height going to make the window act like a giant raised insert?

Under the lower playfield window there are rubber O ring washers that go between the wood and the lexan glass on the screws. I'm sure if at some point which I doubt, you can remove the O rings to lower the playfield glass depth, or maybe just make them tighter to lower it. I did notice as I removed my lower glass on the reinstall I didn't tighten them all the way down so the glass remains level with the upper PF. So there is room for adjustments if need be but in a HUO environment, I doubt you'll ever have the need to do so.

#3083 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The dynamics of wood shrinkage, o-ring shrinkage, and play field dimpling could do some interesting things to play field. It might be prudent to replace the
o-rings every once in a while and re-level the window with a straight edge.

This could be true, but let's also look at CFTBL. Hell that game has been around since 1992 and the PF Window other then scratches from very poorly maintained routed machines, still held up after all those thousands and thousands of plays. It stood the test of time and still is as of today. We shall see........

#3089 4 years ago

Anyone else on the occasion getting a double ball feed into the shooter lane? I think it's happening mostly when you drain just after playing Grandpa lab.

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im just going to keep mine. Nobody would buy the turd anyways.

LOL. That hate thread is a joke, this was said about Met, Woz, Twd, SW etc....

How much you want to bet this game turns into a must buy for many down the road in addition to all who has been buying them up now.

I think it’s more of the dislike of Dwight then it is about the game in realitity. Many feel and rightfully so from what they seen from GB. Well if he did screw up there hopefully learned from his mistakes and corrected his ways or maybe Gary needs to part ways with him then. I think because of the huge following, the code will see some perks and much polishing otherwise is just like have a Lamborghini running on only five cylinders.

#3174 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How come I am starting to see some LEs up for sale? Is this pin a short love life for some? Is the Premium the better value?

Two things come to mind, the return of the Black Knight yet once again and the newly release JJP Gobstopper Clunker.

So as these machines have been hiking in price over the years and as in human nature we all must have the lastest and greatest, people offer up what most recent to fund the turn over. Let’s also not forget the flippers to make a quick payout as well.

As other have said this machine is pretty dam solid and fun fun fun. I look at it as a hybrid, first I’m shocked at the build quality of it, Stern really stepped up and did an awesome job, soild wood cab now not that press crap and a really nice clear coated thicker playfield then what we have seen in the past. In addition to that the rules are between 90’s Bally Williams and today’s deeper saga journeys. It’s a great mix with plenty to do while laughing and having a blast. All on top of one of the most beautiful artwork pins ever with a great Borg flow layout.

With that being said, if you are going to pickup one, go with an LE or Prem, yes the lower playfield does add that much more excitement to the game.

Munsters is a great game that will only get better over time but extremely enjoyable as she sits currently.

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

My local pinball gallery just got a premium set up. I have convinced myself the pro is great and I don't need a lower play field. Maybe I should not try the premium. I would rather add a Iron Maiden to the collection vs upgrade my pro.

Go try it and see what you have been missing, then I say sell your pro and go into the “Munsters Worse Code Ever” thread and offer one of those crying bitches 60% value for the premium because it sucks so much

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

do these go over the top of the ones on the game as shipped?

Did you buy an LE? If so IMHO I would removed those to add these. Wouldn't want to build up the side walls too thick adding layers that might rub when lifting the playfield.

#3215 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Thank you Easter Bunny! I'm in the Club
[quoted image]

Congrats, must have been a bitch for him to drag that out of the rabbit hole

#3223 4 years ago
Quoted from epjohn68:

Had my new toy a week and my brother comes down and does this
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love those cards please do tell, oh and disown your brother lol.

#3233 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Hey RUM-Z ,, what time is the DeadFlip stream tonight? I cannot find any info.
thanks,

Actually this is from his facebook 4 hours ago.

Tonight's stream will be our last from the old Dead Flip studio. (F's in chat) We'll be playing on a Munsters Premium, left here by Gavin. The stream will start a little later tonight, gotta get the kiddo. Let’s pour one out for the old location. Pinball

#3236 4 years ago

Stream is live.....

#3253 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Acknowledges how cool the lower pf is, and how brutal the machine in general. He was killing it!!! Saw alot I've never gotten to (screen stuff that's hard to watch while playing)....this machine is sooo underrated!!!

Yep was watching the stream last night as he was rocking, picked up on a lot of never seen footage. Jack has that lower playfield skill shot pretty down pat as he was nailing it quite a bit. I also noticed in the chat there was an extraordinary amount of love and praises for this game, rightfully so it's a dam great game that's a blast to play.

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from captainBR:

What are the best mods people are liking?

Grandpa for sure! - installed

In addition for my taste I also like:

Dragula Drag Light - installed
Sewer Pipe Drain (waiting on availability)
Spot Staircase Banisters - installed

#3265 4 years ago

I’m not much better myself

F3FB7C21-79AD-4723-A5C3-96FB9B479730 (resized).jpegF3FB7C21-79AD-4723-A5C3-96FB9B479730 (resized).jpeg
#3310 4 years ago

Ok my game is really starting to piss me off for the last few days I’m getting rejection after rejection from grandpa scoop. I know I have my game setup slightly faster then suggested but still the bubble is crazy off, but I get reject about 9 out of 10 shots. The scoop isn’t lose, don’t appear bent nor is there any broken welds, and the protector looks fine and is flat. Any ideas?

A2AE0D96-9884-4355-8095-BA77DF218B31 (resized).jpegA2AE0D96-9884-4355-8095-BA77DF218B31 (resized).jpegFF33A899-1B8D-4DDA-871A-4BA6C933325B (resized).jpegFF33A899-1B8D-4DDA-871A-4BA6C933325B (resized).jpeg3AF58BA6-D155-42FD-968E-84503C278535 (resized).jpeg3AF58BA6-D155-42FD-968E-84503C278535 (resized).jpeg46097B3B-2D7B-4F59-92F4-8953CD03C8D5 (resized).jpeg46097B3B-2D7B-4F59-92F4-8953CD03C8D5 (resized).jpeg
#3315 4 years ago

Yeah I guess I left some needed info out, yes grandpa feet has been there since day 1 before a game was even played, they are more then high enough as not to get in the way of the ball unless it’s an air ball but I haven’t seen any air balls nail him.

The protector is the one that came with the machine, I don’t believe cliffy makes one for the scoop as stern provides one with the machines. The protector is nice and flush as can be, no dents to launch the ball.

As far as the scoop goes I believe the ball is entering and popping back out real quick rather then dropping down. To be absolutely sure I guess I should video some play and review it to confirm. Like I said this is something that is happening the past few days, prior to that the play and scoop shots were nice and smooth.

Nothing was changed and altered in that time nor was the machine moved and all four flippers in the machine have been set to soft since 0.99 was installed. Just freaking weird.

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A must watch!!!

Great video, love the " I summon you all here tonight......" Awesome

Trying the soft Velcro route as Chuck suggested, maybe not as much as Who-Dey used but we'll see.

Who-Dey if I played better then I'll just have to go post hate in the worse code ever thread lol. (j/k) love this game

#3343 4 years ago

Ok here is what I have done and findings:

1 - I put some soft Velcro like Chuck suggested in the scoop.

2 - I leveled the bubble between the lines like Who-Dey suggested and liked.

3 - I revisited Grandpa's dangling feet Like MK6Pin suggested all clearance was good, no issues.

4 - Inspected the scoop protector again, no issues found.

Played a game to see how the changes worked out, still a good 9 out of 10 were being denied. WTF at this point........

Pulled the glass off and said let's poke around a bit, still see nothing. So what the hell the glass is off lets novice the lower PF glass for some extra protection while we are here.

Okay you know when that light bulb in your head goes off and shines your shadow on the wall looking like a dick lol, well Wa La!! In my infinite wisdom when I pulled my lower pf glass to clean the underside and wax the lower PF well upon reinstall when I was putting it back I torque the screws of the glass to make it be as level with the main PF as possible so when I run my finger across the two I cannot feel the edge of the glass. Apparently we shouldn't go down that far for believe it or not the glass edge was actually lower then the main PF and causing the balls to rise just before Herman and Grandpa's scoop. So I adjusted it the I can just barely feel the edge of the lower PF glass and now I make the shot 8/9 out of 10 times. I was more worried about protecting the stupid $69.00 glass more then the main PF. So lesson learned screw the glass you can always buy another and it's cheaper then PF. in addition I just made a stencil to cut a piece of mylar for the pf edge around the glass for some extra protection, let's see how that goes.

BTW I left all said adjustments in place as well, plays even better now. Thank all for the suggestions of help.

#3348 4 years ago

Well here is a shot of the upper 50% edge of the main PF around the lower PF glass with Mylar protecting. It don’t look bad at all and now to put some time and see how it holds up.

46458A42-5103-480C-8431-3FAEBC782C87 (resized).jpeg46458A42-5103-480C-8431-3FAEBC782C87 (resized).jpeg
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Air...my original thought...Glad you found it!!

You were on the money on that one.......... Sorry thought I mentioned that in a previous posts but guess not. I was really beginning to think Grandpa new name was Pele and he was kicking those fuckers back at me lol.

Quoted from cottonm4:

How hard will it be to pull that mylar up when you need to replace it? Will be like trying to pull mylar pop bumper rings on an older pin?

Not hard at all, I did give it a good waxing before putting it down as well.

#3360 4 years ago

As MK6Pin figured out it was airballs on mine causing rejects, I didn't have my mini PF glass raised high enough after I set it back in so the main PF lip was giving me some rise. Now after finding that, I'm hitting the scoop with no issues on both flippers. Even with the flippers strength set to soft this ball still ramps up some speed while playing.

#3366 4 years ago

Love this machine and so does everyone else in the home, and this home has had deep machines LOTR, WOZRR, DILE, TSPP etc... and they just keep coming back to the Munsters.

It’s also fun customizing it.....

61DA7A9D-A65D-4BF5-A89E-E423FB5B9FAC (resized).jpeg61DA7A9D-A65D-4BF5-A89E-E423FB5B9FAC (resized).jpeg
#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

In another thread a couple people indicate their distributor told them that, despite Dwight’s comments the code is essentially done, Stern is now planning a substantial rework code update. Anyone know if there is any validity to this rumor or attributable source?

I too have heard this in the past week or so but didn’t post for I cannot confirm or deny, maybe sales pitch maybe not. However if Gary loves money which I’m sure he does I believe he will have the code revisited and have some more meat and patatoes added for those who want a bit more then just jackpot stacking which ultimately will increase the sales substantially. However in all honesty it really isn’t that bad now minus a few bugs but it’s a great modern day BSD style play so to speak. It’s fun the call outs are great, personally would love to hear grandpa more but still it’s a fun machine for all to play.

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

As of now I'm hesitating even on a used Pro.

The lower PF does add quite a bit to the game, I would go with Prem or LE if you can find one. The B/W looks gorgeous even better in person hence why I preferred that over the LE it just fits more natural to the show IMHO, but the color is beautiful as well. Either way you cannot go wrong here..

#3388 4 years ago

Ok now that I poked some fun at this earlier floated info in which I did hear of it along the lines myself, Lets see what you guys would like to have done to the code rework if it were to happen.

1- A wizard mode would be awesome, this game really screams for one.

2- Marylin Mode & Champion where how many boyfriends you can get to escape by shooting her ramp when lit is recorded.

3- Al & Fred worked extremely well together here and had some of the funniest lines in the sitcom, surely some more of Grandpa's and Herman's bickering calls can be added during play.

4- Eddie orbit mode & Champion. Needs a little more, make him after so many loops feed spot or something to accomplish a nice payout.

5- Grandpas lab instead of the mono tone girl saying jackpot, wack it up with Grandpa say "Yes Yes and laughing / That's right, that's the ticket"

6- Spots Roar when spot pops up. If he does roar now, I never hear it lol.

7- More call outs from the shows, I know there were two seasons almost 80 shows but they used a lot from early season 1, love to see and hear more added. (covered in points 3 & 5 but felt its important enough to mention it again)

Now I'm not griping as we love the game but if by any chance this rework is possibly a fact, I think adding some more will really establish this game as one of the all time greats, in addition sales will jump a lot as this theme hits many folks from their youth. A little more depth objectives added on the journey really couldn't hurt.

Polishing and lighting effects we can do afterwards

What would you guys like to see within reason of course. Please no flaming people suggestions/opinions but maybe there is something said that Stern can take away from it and add it to coding just makes it better for everyone.

So what say you.................

ritual copy (resized).jpgritual copy (resized).jpg
#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I think anyone that was lucky enough to have grown up in this era will appreciate the good job Stern did with this game. Some just won't get it and that's OK.
I was lucky enough to play Munster's at an arcade 2 months ago and was blown away! Great theme and execution. I went back yesterday and my high score was still there.

I totally agree with you and even if all they do is some fine tuning and polishing the game is still great and brings me back to happy times of my youth. But hey if they want to gives us more, who am I to stand in their way lol.

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hi,
Would you be willing to consolidate these and send to Stern? I think you can send to: [email protected]
Or direct to [email protected]
This would be cool!!!
Let us know.
Thank you

I’m a nobody and the last thing I would want to do is ruffle feathers on someone else hard work. Now if someone knows Dwight and can approach him with some great friendly suggestions, I would be more then happy to consolidate the great input of the owners where they feel some enhancements can really make this beauty shine. I guess in a round about way I’m hoping Dwight does read this thread and can take some of these great ideas. However if anyone wishes to send it to him that has a repore with him I’m all for it, message me and I’ll put the suggestions together.

Or we can make another thread for possible Munsters code enhancement suggestions and transpose some of the ideas spelled out here over and maybe send the thread link over to Dwight, but we run the risk of the usual Pinside haters posting their spew in there as well derailing what could be a great thing.

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Anyone happen to have extensive gametime on all three models (or Pro together with Premium/LE)? Interested in hearing which model you prefer and why.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love my Munsters Premium.

I agree with Who-Dey a 1000%. Love love the Prem or LE if you like the color version, lower PF is really well integrated into the machine and adds to the play. I have seen the Pro model but have not played one in person, playfield does look beautiful but IMHO there is just too much underdeveloped real-estate between the flippers and slings up to Herman and Grandpa. I really enjoy that mini pf especially during MM and 12aMM

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Very good ideas. Would also like to see something more on the horror-side as the game is very lighthearted right now.

The Munsters was a very lighthearted show, not sure if we'll see horror to the likes of Freddy, BSD, MS Frankenstein etc.. Remember in their minds at the time they were the normal and after watching for a while we felt that way too about them lol, even spot probably the most fierce creature in the show was a chicken scared of his own shadow. IMHO the lighthearted fits in flawless with the theme as the show was intended for family fun and now a pinball blast.

BTW I heard a few complaints about the laugh tracks during game play but I think it's awesome and fits well.

#3413 4 years ago

Ahh ok, I see your point. The Munsters have packed so much into an 80 episodes 2 seasons that I love just to see more of them in general with more calls from the actual characters as well. For example grandpa really doesn’t say anything during play except at game over on some the match score vids. Most of the calls they used are from season one first few episodes, they really need to expand their material search to later episodes as well.

#3417 4 years ago

Love playing this game with my wife especially when I tell her to shoot kitty target, she says I don’t see it. I tell her there blue insert, I don’t see it rinse and repeat lol.

Ok here is my 10 minute fix for her, she can see kitty now.

25D9BB10-75DE-4877-AB2D-2710D5DD0D98 (resized).jpeg25D9BB10-75DE-4877-AB2D-2710D5DD0D98 (resized).jpeg
#3431 4 years ago

@cottonm4: Did you grab a Premium?

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not me, he's got me all depressed and wanting to sell my game now!

I'll give you 1200.00 delivered, that's fair as you know the code is the "Worst Code Eva" .....

#3458 4 years ago

In all seriousness now, really like that 9 piece plastic protector set from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Adds a nice splash of color as well but photos don’t do it any justice.

19CD4FCC-FEC6-4DEE-A433-EE86B49C6AE2 (resized).jpeg19CD4FCC-FEC6-4DEE-A433-EE86B49C6AE2 (resized).jpeg
#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like the green protectors alot. I hope to put them on my Munsters and my MET both.
Oh wait, im selling my Munsters, i forgot!

What no protectors on the Munsters, I need to retract my offer of 1200.00 and now offer 1100.00 lol.

The protectors fit well, Herman and grandpa are a pain no lie, took about an hours time to do both. Just take your time and it goes easy.

The only screws or nuts that were a little issue was the nuts on the slings and the screws to the outline plastics. The nuts just barely grab but they are holding on by a turn or two, and the screws grabbed by a thread or two but all in all it’s fine.

#3465 4 years ago

Six pack job but most likely you'll done by four and that'll leave you two for shooting a few games.

#3477 4 years ago

Here are a few shots of the Little Shop of Games protectors on the premium leaving all of the original hardware installed as well

543AD1E7-DE14-4890-AD2D-215DE6B64B2C (resized).jpeg543AD1E7-DE14-4890-AD2D-215DE6B64B2C (resized).jpeg604C398D-5997-45E4-867E-7DB4E1EFE6D7 (resized).jpeg604C398D-5997-45E4-867E-7DB4E1EFE6D7 (resized).jpegA9CB0EAC-C099-46C1-A639-C0D8AE9EBCD5 (resized).jpegA9CB0EAC-C099-46C1-A639-C0D8AE9EBCD5 (resized).jpegE14C823B-8019-4FB1-A6FE-8E16A428188D (resized).jpegE14C823B-8019-4FB1-A6FE-8E16A428188D (resized).jpegE72BBA41-B1C8-47ED-ADC6-9E5E284EFEBC (resized).jpegE72BBA41-B1C8-47ED-ADC6-9E5E284EFEBC (resized).jpeg
#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Hmmm... I've never used plastic protectors but my plastic up near Herman (your 3rd pic) broke. I might have to try these now.

Make sure the front edge of your lower PF glass is slightly higher than the main PF so it don't launch the balls into the air slamming the leading edge of Herman's plastic.

#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I like it. But it looks washed in color. What is that noise?

You didn't know Darth Vader made mods........

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

These look great but how much protection do they provide? They look to be about the same size as the plastics they are protecting. Typically would have about an 1/8" extension all around the plastic being protected. Or am I not seeing these correctly?

They do extend out a little past the plastics , I guess it was just my poor camera angles, but hey if you need someone to take pictures to make someone thinner then what they really are then I’m your man lol. Here are a few more shots.

3357EBB7-7B98-46B2-A532-01BFE90290F9 (resized).jpeg3357EBB7-7B98-46B2-A532-01BFE90290F9 (resized).jpeg3FF3B643-793A-4FC2-B968-417B90D4D60B (resized).jpeg3FF3B643-793A-4FC2-B968-417B90D4D60B (resized).jpeg6EDB090E-C373-4E8D-A988-8838EEE8CBAA (resized).jpeg6EDB090E-C373-4E8D-A988-8838EEE8CBAA (resized).jpeg
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Can anyone with a premium tell me if their apron lights up? It appears there is wire going under there with an led, but I've never seen them come on.

Yes they do, both sides.

#3503 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Are the apron lights on all the time, or are they tied to a certain mode I haven't seen?

They seem to be tied in with the GI and on all the time

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Why didn’t you remove those fugly washers?

Not sure really, maybe just left it for the added barrier of protection.........

#3531 4 years ago

Not to derail the Alexia conversation lol, I wonder if putting a 1/2" by 1.5" long strip of the softer side of Velcro around the top curve of the extra time ramp in the lower PF, will it slow it down enough to register most of the times.

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'd like to be able to unload and set up before the excitement wears off

You could always wait until the new code drops

Put a blanket on that beast

exactly, or a cheap painters plastic tarp and move it in.

#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

only to realize that was not a constructive thread

Well if Stern did indeed tell Dwight to revisit and rework the code, then it was constructive....by accident lol.

#3549 4 years ago

Deadflip is streaming the pro right now

#3607 4 years ago

Guys be sure once the T10 screws are lose from the nuts below, don't pull them out of the glass. There are rubber O ring washers underneath the glass on the screws that will get lost very easily. In addition when putting the glass back on, don't tighten them down very hard, keep feeling the edge of the glass the it remains a fraction above the main PF otherwise "Houston we have lift off" lol, airballs like mad.

#3611 4 years ago

Ok so now that I'm back on my feet again, taking a stab at making yet another mod. This is my mark up model, input and thoughts would greatly help.

Going to make spot more pronounced going to light his eyes green which will be on steady, and the fire from his nose when spot is hit. In addition not sure yet but also thinking about maybe a soft green light in his mouth like some images I have found. Thoughts????

Pinball-Munsters-14 copy (resized).jpgPinball-Munsters-14 copy (resized).jpgfictional-locations-mockingbird-heights-munsters-spot-dragon-stairs (resized).jpgfictional-locations-mockingbird-heights-munsters-spot-dragon-stairs (resized).jpg140159793e7643040e1ef3c2917f0818 (resized).jpg140159793e7643040e1ef3c2917f0818 (resized).jpg
#3615 4 years ago

I'm going to drill one out and install the lighted eyes and nostrils first without the mouth light. Hook it up and see the effects in the machine and during game play, if it looks great awesome if not I'll unplug it lol. Give me a week or so to work on this, going to try to buy a new spot head first before doing so.

#3623 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Like this idea (modifying an original piece)...reminds me of doc ock, and goblin light adds to SM. He would actually buy your original back after you bought his modded version. A purist approach. Can't remember who did (does that).....

I don’t recall that mod but never had a SM. I did do the first lighted Gandalf staff mod and folks wanted that so I taught a few how to make them for at that time I was full time employed LEO and my hours were crazy and couldn’t handle orders.

I also did the lighted gun flashers on Williams IJ using the ultimate soldier plane instead, that one was ok lol.

Still liked Gandalf the best, let’s see how we now do here.

#3638 4 years ago

Wondering if tomorrows State of the Union Address from Stern will touch on any of the rumblings many have heard about the code rework/rewrite or however they wish to call it

#3640 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Sure hope they don't miss the opportunity.

I think if Gary blow this opportunity, he is going to miss a lot of potential sales that are waiting in the wings.

#3663 4 years ago

Sterns SOU basically says stay tuned for a code update later this month

#3665 4 years ago

If not I can see many machines going up for sale, in addition to possible orders getting scratched. We shall see hope Dwight’s remarks were just off the cuff and not necessarily the case as Sterns stand point.

#3718 4 years ago

Any additional info on the new code that is being beta tested?

#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will be version 1.00

Yep I know, but if I recall there were some who were beta testing it on a POD cast so curious as to what their impressions were.

#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I like this machine a lot, just don't get the whole zap button cancel jackpots thing.
Anybody else think this machine would of been better without it?
For me, just not a ruleset I enjoy - would rather just have straight scoring.
Anybody that just walks up to this machine, will never figure it out.

I think with the cancellation of the super jackpots you now have the difference where the casual player vs the experience player take advantage of the coding. This game has a great draw for the common player show lover to have fun, then when you look into depth of the game for the better players you can take advantage of the cancel to stack your jackpots up to 12 I believe, the setup your multiplayers to 6 then cash in. Not easy at all to do but pays off awesome when you do, every risk has its rewards.

#3770 4 years ago

I have not had a SDTM from Herman at all, however the right outlane I swear has a friggin magnet.

#3781 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Yes it is under standard adjustments number 43 "knocker volume". You can set it to "low" I had to do the same on mine.

I have mine set to off, I find those digital knocker sounds annoying.

#3817 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where does the ball go on your pin with a Herman time out? Right or left flipper?

Drops to the left flipper every time

#3835 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Updated code the other day to .99. This probably already been mentioned, but with updated code, timer in Grandpa's Lab sometimes starts 2-3 seconds early, but more often starts 2-3 seconds later. Sent an email to Stern....

This has been addressed in code 1.0 that will soon be released.

#3843 4 years ago

Those of you which I'm sure is most like myself that have issues with the lower PF right ramp ball whizzz'ng past the opto and not registering here is a solution I did.

Go to the dollar store etc... get some 3/4" wide velcro strips (black is best). Now get the softer side of the velcro tape and cut a
2 3/4" piece in length.

Start applying the strip from the center mark of the turn (indicated in the photo below with the green line) and ride the top edge of the lexan ramp from center until the piece ends (shown in photo as orange). The strip should stop about 1/2" before the opto sensor.

This has now made 99.999% of my ramp shot register as it slowed it down enough that the ball drops by the sensor now to get picked up. Once in a blue moon you might get a bullet that don't register. In addition make sure your flipper strengths are set to soft on the lower PF.
lower pf ramp (resized).jpglower pf ramp (resized).jpg

#3844 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed or discovered that if your game ends exactly on top of the hour, right after the match making sequence during the music the machine will gong exactly what hour it is.

I was like WTF is that code error, until I realized the gongs were the exact hour.

#3876 4 years ago

Had a few pin players over the house tonight and of course we fired up the Munster's Premium. Now I'm not going to reveal their Pinside identities so the mobs with torches and pitch forks don't storm their castle, but they played quite a few games during the past few hours ( 20+) and really was surprised how much they enjoyed the game. They found that there was a draw to keep hitting the start button and coming back for more, one even stated they have no idea why something that plays this well gets a bad wrap on here even though it has a simple rule concept to follow they found it very challenging to progress to those big payouts. The others actually agreed with his remarks and impressions and they had nice things to say as well.

Now we were all in compliance that Dwight has to get off his lazy ass chair and add some more to it, especially that there is so much more video available from 70+ shows that they can add clips from just like they did with BM66. Three out of the four of them said they would even purchase one if Stern did do a revisit to the code to add some more vids and features. I can tell you one thing for sure, all 5 of us were laughing and enjoying it for what's already there. Now Dwight has to step up to the plate and drive it home.....

BTW 5 good pin players, 2 made into Munster Madness but none were able to get more then 5 Super Jackpots stacked with PF multipliers going at 6X to really drive home a big payoff. Lot's of fun and laughs in which they are already looking to come back for more.

There were no "I played two balls and walked away, snooze fest" mentality. They played, enjoyed, laughed and had fun, they'll be back again. Funny thing is when you actually look into something that's setup properly in a home environment and you take the time to understand and disregard any opinions but your own you might actually find yourself enjoying it.

And yes they liked the Mini Playfield too, in which a few weren't sure about before playing it. One of the boys did play a pro previously on the older code and he stated that there was no comparison the mini does indeed add a lot to the experience and he enjoyed it in which he though he wouldn't have.

Ok Dwight, if your reading this...... let's get it done or get some help to do so.

#3904 4 years ago

Rather then making more models they first should address the in house issues and get Dwight to enhance the code.

TBH I still like the BW Premium over the color Prem, it's natural to what the show really was.

#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thinking the same thing...........YOUR WISH has now come true!
Please see link below, and keep to positive improvements. For my fellow Pinsiders that have posted suggestions already, I humbly ask you to repost those suggestions here so they are CONSOLIDATED for Stern. Thank you in advance.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight#post-4994045

Posted, come on folks let your voices and suggestion be heard.

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I thought the knocker was the shaker

Shaker motor does exactly what it is labeled, it shakes the shit out of the machine while playing it when coding calls for the shake to occur. Knockers where used when games over to alert the player that they have matched for a free game.

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

never saw anything about a knocker and not much info available on it.

Back in the B/W days knockers were mounted in the back box behind the trans-lite. Basically it's a coil with a plunger that knocked against the wood one time loudly to alert the player. Since then Stern has decided to make them digitally and come out the speakers and God they sound awful hence why so many just turn the knocker off.

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Great suggestions on some code tweaks located here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight

Keep them coming, and we will provide to Stern. Let’s help Stern make the code over the top!

@ cpr9999 - Maybe a good idea if you edit your fist post in that thread to add the list of suggestions in there, So if Dwight does read this thread all of the idea's are currently listed right up front so he don't have to search them out.

#4065 4 years ago

Lab timer still has a bug, after completing Grandpa lab for the first time. Now collect 3 Munster's and have the extra ball light ready with the lab ready at the same time, when you shoot the scoop the lab timer runs while the extra ball intro is still playing eating 4-6 secs of time.

**Reported**

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

One more edition and we'll have the 5 Munsters of Stern.

Give them six more weeks, Pro BW version lol.

#4068 4 years ago

Screwing around with Pinball Browser, I open the v1.0 image to see if I can find the GUI screen and turn it from chocolate brown to grey scale to match the BW atmosphere of the game well no luck thus far. However I went into sounds and to my surprise I found an abundance of original cast characters call outs I was like WTF.

I know from my own experience of playing and had decent games too getting to MM quite a few times in the same game, midnight madness etc... I have not heard 75% of them in game. So it has plenty there that needs to be tapped, unless there is some super top secret mode we have not seen before.

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Anyone know when the topper is coming out?

Good news is, topper was put it the new code.

#4104 4 years ago

Do a quick update not full update and your setting a scores will remain.

#4108 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I always do a full update and verify. Still didn’t lose anything just FYI.

Wow good to know, I really thought full wiped them out.

#4109 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

new owner, when I updated from .96 to .99, I noticed the 'verify'....... what does that mean?

after the code is written to the machine it reads the data back for a 100% match to assure as there is no errors in the write process

#4118 4 years ago

Those look like lower playfield plastics right by the flippers

#4139 4 years ago

My Prem has it, build was the end of March 2019

#4149 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Agreed. I posted that very detailed layout of the supers and how much they are worth and I bet like 5 people care. Haha

Hope I was one of the 5, I read it and it was very informative. Thank you.

#4207 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I really suck! I am getting 20mil average.. not even got to MM 1..
When I played Munster Prem at EAG UK in Jan I got to it twice in about 5 games!
Thought it was too easy - when I got my LE- installed X-hard and not had a decent game ☹️
What settings are everyone’s- mine X-hard. 3 balls

This was all changed in code 0.96 that made challenges a bit harder then before.

#4213 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I’m getting pretty good at stacking the jackpots. It is getting stacks collected that gives me fits

That's not so much of a bad shot to make, it's getting Kitty to get those dam multipliers up that's a PITA!

#4237 4 years ago

For some reason maybe its a mental thing which I'm sure it is lol, I never use the balls from manufacturer. I purchase mine from Steve at The Pinball Resource and never had any issues.

#4247 4 years ago

I'm digging the Munster Prem as well, I know it's somewhat of a shallow code but it's still a blast to play. In addition I'm really considering a BM66 right now that I know of one I can grab, might be interesting with the new code.

#4250 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Bm66 is fantastic.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Everyone likes cheese...

Based upon you two guys liking it, and having it in your collections. I sealed the deal and will pick it up shortly.

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats! Come join us in he Batman club thread. No (more) complaining about code over there ...

LOL, Ironically it will sit next to The Munster's which is the show that Batman forced off the air for this now new color sitcom had everyone's attention.

Yeah I'll jump in there as well but still need to sit here and ride Dwight & George for some more meat and potatoes in the Munster's. Squeaky wheel get the grease, and we are hoping for some grease.

#4270 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

he alluded that I might be pleasantly surprised down the road......may mean absolutely nothing, maybe he was just being nice, but I will take his tone and words as "we are working on it".

Not to stir the rumor mill, ok what the hell I will . This does fall in line with a few dealers that has close ties with Sterns when they said they heard that Stern had told them to revisit the Munster's code. Maybe they are hence the release of the now new color version prem model, just as they did with BM66 with a great code update now the newly release BM66 Cat-woman version. ( Yes I know it's Lyman and we are not no way near expecting that level)

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That was 7 Super jackpots that i had stacked up by the way

I think the most you can stack is 9, 7 out of 9 is pretty dam good.

#4303 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Now I am eyeballing a 66 Batman... lol

Just bought one Sunday, grabbing it on Thursday. Can't wait to see Lyman's masterpiece in that one.

#4319 4 years ago

Folks have nothing to gain in here by misleading us with their scores, it’s not like we’re in a tournament or money league. I think for the most part all of the guys are honest and just putting up good scores while enjoying their machines.

#4326 4 years ago

extract to the root of the usb, insert the usb into the main board, turn machine on and follow update prompts on screen. Very easy to do.....

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol i didnt see that in there. Im not a fan of the two playfields going at once sorry. Its just not any fun to me.

You can always only just hit the upper flipper buttons , just saying

#4406 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

For me it's definitely Batman66, both totally different and complement one another. And they both look great.....

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Batman and Munsters go hand in hand. Both awesome ever green themes. Let’s face it, famous good TV themes have staying power. Much more than a single movie.

Agree 1000%. I just added BM66 to my lineup this past Sunday, what an amazing game with plenty of playing depth, game decision choices, and a well integrated theme into game play and some cool toys. Yes it's BAT cool

Would love to see some more theme show integration from Dwight in Munster's like they did in BM66. Not to start any false rumors but still hearing that Munster owners will be pleasantly surprised soon enough.....what ever that means. So I still have some hope for more substance.

#4424 4 years ago

I think you guys are reading too much into that clip , then again maybe he is implying nevermore about doing a machine again with Dwight LOL.

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cracked it.....He's never more excited than what he is now about the huge code drop that's about to happen. lol

"At the tone it will be later then you think" the clock is on midnight...

So tonight at midnight Stern is posting a new code that is later then the 1.00 code making it nevermore. There we go, this was too easy lol.

Then again if not, still might be nevermore working on a machine with Dwight coding

#4440 4 years ago

I find the build quality on the Munster's to be better then what most of the stern machines have been for the past decade or so. If you even look at the base of the cab, it's wood now not that press board shit they were using. It also has some weight to it now versus the cabs they were using in the past. Yes JJP, W/B do have better built units, but they are improving so don't be afraid to nudge it around a bit.

#4446 4 years ago

Hey you little Munster's go here to enter to possibly win some pinblades tonight for your machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pingraffix-invisible-giveaway-

#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Wow! Ok ! I definitely need some work then lol will keep you all posted!!! The lower level pin is fun too I do think I need a step stool to see it though lol

Set the power of the lower playfield flippers to soft, much better control and more enjoyable that way

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Is it just me or does everyone yell at their machine while playing? lol I find myself screaming Come onnnnnnn! WTFfffff! For Eff's SAKE! Constantly !!!

Pending what is said during those rage fits, in your case I think it's a NY thing

#4509 4 years ago

Sterns SOTU address: Hope you Munster's owners are enjoying the 1.00 code. No mention of any updates or tweaks in the works. Are they serious, did they even read all the emails and posts in the code suggestion thread? At least acknowledge some of the concerns of your buyers and make a statement.

Well at least BM66 will be getting yet another update soon, really enjoying the hell out of this title.

#4516 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm glad you are enjoying your Batman 66. Other than Munsters that I was able to play before I bought it, ALL of my pins were purchased after I found some good videos on youtube to watch. Robocop was a video buy and, for me, a good buy.
I finally had a look at Batman 66. Yeah, I guess it is OK but it did not do much for me. If I get a chance to play one I may change my mind. But as I kept watching the videos, I kept focusing on that Merry Go Round back on the left side. And all I could think of is the Merry Go Round on Gilligan's Island.

I thought it might have been hokey at first too that merry go round but it actually integrates itself great with the game play. BM66 does compliment the Munster's too IMHO, they are sitting side by side in my line up which is rather funny for the Batman was the main reason The Munster's was cancelled after it's second season. It was the new in color shin dig in town that celebrities were actually inquiring to make an villain appearance cameo on.

Not giving up hope yet and hoping that there is still more to come for the Munster's down the road, we do know it took BM66 almost three years to get to the point where now you're seeing coding greatness. Next time you see one with the latest code, give it a whirl.

#4571 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you running the 1.0 code?

and what are the ball settings? Great score!

#4606 4 years ago

The game is good, with great flow and shots. From a Munster's fan stand point I enjoy the game but it can use quite a bit more show integration with video and cast call outs. From a pinball players stand point, I'd love to see some more modes added as well. This will take this Munster fan from liking the game to overly thrilled with it. We do need a little more then just the rinse and repeat mentality with MM and stacking and I do believe Stern is listening and hearing the suggestions and complaints, a little raven in the clock says there are some good things in the works for this machine. Now take that as you may, I wouldn't get pumped and go out and buy one based on some inside chatter but if you already own one there might be some nice icing coming down the line.

1 week later
#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I felt the middle area of my pro needed some more light so I added 4 spots to brighten it up. I used existing screws so it's completely reversable. Here is a before and after shot with only the GI on.[quoted image][quoted image]

Now that is nicely done without distraction from the art or game. Nice work.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

You don't get the lower playfield (which looks awesome) but you also don't get any interruptions in gameplay.

It's really not an interruption in game play but rather an addition. When the scoop is shot on both machines, you'll get your grandpa intro. On the pro it's then a kick release and shoot away, on the Prem/LE it's a basement shootout. So action is going on both machines. Now what really separates the two is Munster Madness and Midnight Madness when you have both upper and lower playfields going at the same time. It's creates such a great rush and desire for control.

#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have no idea what the 8 dots represent

Hell, If they were bigger I would have known dots were there. Learn something new everyday lol.

#4719 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

unclear about the sharp credit card part

Take the credit card, stand it on it's long side half on the playfield and half on the lower playfield window. The card should sit flat across both surfaces without elevation, if there is just adjust until it's flat. That will eliminate 99.9999% edge interference with the ball.

#4732 4 years ago

Herman is on a small coil sort of like Sparky. It pulses and moves him slightly forward and back, you'll see it when he says Darn Darn Darn. However in the service menu I see no test or adjustments for him.

#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He better not blame me either because I haven't once hyped this game up!

In the last 30 seconds.........

#4822 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Has anyone put the plastic protectors on their machine yet? Before I start doing cosmetic things I want to make sure I protect things well. Thinking the plastic protectors and a set of cliffy's as my first upgrades. I've already had an air ball land on one of the slingshot plastics. Anyone have a preference on who is best to buy the protectors from? I've never purchased from any of the sites that carry them

Yes see below link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/70#post-4968841

and this is the set used: Green set of 7 pieces and 2 Clear protectors:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1114-little-shop-of-games/02333-munsters-glowing-green-or-clear-plastic-protectors-9-pieces

#4827 4 years ago

Ah cool. Thanks for the link. How are you liking the green?

I love the green effect, keep in mind I have the BW premium so the splash of color really makes it pop.

1 week later
#4848 4 years ago

If anyone in the New York City area is looking for a super mint HUO Premium BW lifetime 218 plays with a ton of mods, shoot me a pm. I think it's time I pull the rip cord and part ways with it.

#4876 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

wow! 17 new post since I looked from yesterday. Thought maybe a new code or something neato...nothing new here...disappointing.

Nope, not even a mention of it in STOU as well. Very disappointing.

#4946 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

it should have more code in the years to come, since it is so new and should have more updates (not to be judged by GB, just because the programmer is the same - this is about time being given by Stern - dollars speak and they will listen).

One can only hope there will be more code added, but this finalized version concept at 1.0 came from the programmer himself. That is what has many folks on the fence about purchasing one and probably influenced the few who had already sold their units guessing that it is what it is at 1.0 now.

#5009 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

my total was $446.64 shipped..oh well

Still a good deal and glad you got one, I actually read the price wrong. It's $440.99 free shipping.

#5019 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That airplane landing light behind Raven has to be toned down somehow, although.

Maybe you can purchase a colored sheet gel and place it over the LED.

#5060 4 years ago
Quoted from Truent:

I got my Topper in the mail yesterday. Got it all hooked up with no problems. I flipped the machine on and noticed my Raven doesnt open up, and my machine started acting a little wonky ( kicking two balls out on startup, Dragula activating up to 5 times in rapid succession, flippers stopped working entirely for a moment.) not sure if this is all due to the topper but it was 100% fine before installation.

Re-check the connection plugs making sure all pins are properly connected.. Just a thought.

#5070 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I bought a very nice TWDLE that arrives tomorrow, so might get sidetracked a bit.....

Now that's another great game and miss mine dearly. Congrats

2 weeks later
#5282 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Not everyone will feel the same way.

Exactly not everyone will feel the same way about different games. I played Wonka quite a few times on location and in a HUO environment and to me that game isn't worth my time of day. I'd rather have a root canal performed without novocain then to continually play that but hey if you are a "Oompa Loompa doompadee doo" then this turd is for you

However I wouldn't be a dick and go in their club thread and trash what they enjoy.

#5309 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

J Borg the man lives on the same Block as me

Ring his bell and tell him to kick Dwight in the ass to have him make some tweaks and adds into the code for this dream title of John's and the rest of us

Glad to hear another one is back in the club.

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It doesn’t get any better than Munsters and Batman lined up together!!

Unless we throw it back to 1993 and add a little John Borg designed TFTC

IMG_7011 (resized).jpgIMG_7011 (resized).jpg
#5326 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I moved it to the gift store horror party room of our haunted house

Love to hear about the Haunted House, we do one every year in a 3200 sq ft basement and design the walk through sections with new themes and props every year. It's a labor of love that we kick off starting Sept 1st.

#5348 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Only Dwight said that in defense of so many blasting him about GB. He made a statement to get people off his back about Munsters too.

I think if Dwight did say that for that reason, he actually called an air strike in on himself and got more people on his back. I own Munsters the layout is great, artwork is awesome, code is okay but does need more as well and this is a biggie more show content and call outs too of the original cast. In addition the GUI could use some tweaking especially that SJP counter, I need binoculars just to see how many I currently have stacked

#5375 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Happy now that it has been confirmed more love for Munsters is coming too! With the new code, sure it will become the classic it has always been destined to become.

Did I miss an announcement or something?

#5386 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern has already sold produced games and supposedly cancelled another run due to lack of new demand

and yet another hearsay statement.......

Please show the facts that support such statement otherwise it's just more jibba jabba lip service.

#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern doesn’t sell direct (except for the initial Batman SLEs). They manufacture the games which are sold to distributors. We are not their customers (read the warranty). They don’t keep them “in stock”. When a run is planned, distributors put in orders. If there isn’t enough interest, the run is scaled back. If there is significant demand, additional runs are scheduled (e.g. Batman Premiums, Star Trek Last Voyage, etc.) and there is a “last run” interest call before Stern moves on from a current license.

But where is the cancelled run call due to lack of sales, that's what you stated and all I ask is where is that fact stated? Stern's website, notification letter to distributors etc...

Of course older titles when they run their course they get last call run's and when the market has had it's fill with a title they scale back production that's normal but that's a far cry and different horse from cancelled.

So thus far my question was not answered.

#5403 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think jfh is fine too, and never bought anything from him..just lots of interaction. Munsters and BM66 are different games, but doesn't make one or the other bad. My analogy - I could go into another owner's club thread (say DI, a game I despise and has many "disappointing misses") and constantly talk it down....I'm a nice guy, but would be ripped apart.
Difference - jfh wants this game, I know it.....I don't want a DI, so I stay out of the club thread. Nothing they could do to that one that would make me buy it. He's voicing his hope that the code moves a bit because he wants one. This is why he still engages in the thread (just my opinion).
Venting is a fine line in a club thread, so I understand people getting pissed. Fortunately, most in this one love the game (me included) and rightfully so...
Point - Club threads are generally supposed to be positive in nature, but they'll always be a bit of this. He gets a bit harsh, but I'll bet a decent bottle of bourbon he eventually owns one....

Exactly, well put. He does seem like a very nice guy and can very well be disappointed with Dwight and Stern in general for making such a beautiful pin and not doing as much as possible with it. I guess just his approach is what sets a bit of folks off, I personally don't mind his criticism of the game as I have some myself however I agree all is welcomed to come in and comment on the title to hopefully make things better, but don't trash things to death on what other people really enjoy.

2 weeks later
#5623 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

what is the "root" directory and how do I know I'm putting the spk files there vs. somewhere else?

root dir means it will look like :\

there will be no name dir which would be a yellow folder looking icon, if there is one then don't put it in there just to the :\ . So go to that drive letter of the usb stick and just extract the files there to X:\ ( X meaning the usb drive letter )

#5637 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The screw isn't doing you any favors there, remove it and I am thinking you'll be good.

I knew that picture looked a little screwy lol.

#5660 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Sometimes when playing I suddenly get a very high beep from the boxes. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the game itself, what can this be? This beep/plop sound is much louder than all other sounds..

Digital Knocker that you hit the free game score level? Try disabling the knocker sound in the game settings and see if it repeats.

#5681 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

small perfectly straight line that terminates in perfect curves around the corners...

to me it looks like Mylar

#5768 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

From what I was told, Munsters is what it is. Code complete.

I truly hope not, but if that's the case as beautiful as it is it will not be staying. I guess Lyman with his BM66 coding and show integration spoiled me. However I'll hold out a little longer to watch and see.

#5793 4 years ago

Not to rain on anyone's parade especially mine, but Dwight just said there is no plans to do a code update on Munster's. Here is a link to the video go to 1:09:10 it starts there.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483271018

#5796 4 years ago

Ok his exact words were "there is no plans to do a code update on Munsters." It was at 1:09:10

fixed my original post.

#5816 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How old is that interview? At that time there were not any plans. Things have changed since then is my understanding. Of course Dwight is not going to say anything different as he has had everybody on his back about GB for years now. He doesn’t want to add anything else to his job slate, until Stern allows him more time. I have full confidence that Stern is going to allot more time to be spent on Munsters. The topper alone needs more love, not to mention adding much need theme integration. Think there are those on pinside that don’t want this to happen for whatever their reasons. I happen to be in the camp that wants it to happen and have been told it will, so I believe Stern’s best interest is to give Munsters more code and don’t look to old interviews. I recall Gary saying in an old interview that they will not make tables with subways where the ball gets lost from the view of the player. Well, they just changed their stance on that interview as well, cause guess what machine now has a fully functioning subway system? If guessed 3lvira, you’d be right.

It was last night, Sept 18. 2019. edited **Which as I read on can see it was already answered lol.**

#5824 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I think they will remain quiet on the code until it's close to being ready or gets released

Makes complete sense otherwise they would have the likes of the typical complainers bitching every week " Where's the code update"

#5831 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

If you open the door but then press and hold the white button that detects if the door is open/closed those errors all go away.

I believe you should be able to pull that button outward so you don't have to constantly hold it while the door is open for diagnostics purposes.

#5838 4 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

That is strange, my machine (Premium) does not have a switch fitted?[quoted image]

Not all models of the Munsters did without rhyme or reason some machines did and others didn't and build dates didn't seem to matter as well. My machine B/W Prem built March 2019 does not have the high voltage cutoff switch.

#5861 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have seen this type of comment a lot. It makes you wonder why the big difference in popularity between home and location play. Game seems to be a very poor route performer but is popular with casual players in a home setting.

Players age maybe, seems younger crowds gather to arcades and bars, older guys/girls join clubs or leagues that have meets and have friends with machines in the home.

#5963 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Decent knowledge a surprise is coming very soon on this game....

Quoted from jfh:

New code 1.01 released
LE/PREMIUM V1.01 - September 23, 2019
=====================================
New:
- Added a Topper test in the diagnostics.
- The plus (+) button will move the hand to the next hour first going
around a couple times and then stop.
- The ENTER button will make the raven come out for a couple seconds and
say the current hour.
Tweaked:
- Improved the Topper clock. The hand will spin around a couple times before
coming to a stop on the desired hour.
Moved to SYS 2.34:
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.51.0
Using LEFT+START to end a game during bonus count could leave game graphics
on screen while in attract mode. This has been corrected.
Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only
available when there is an active game. When selected the operator will
be prompted to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once
confirmed and upon exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract
mode.
Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.
Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of
times a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.
Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED
FRACTION". For a USA coindoor when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"
Update Italian translation of "ENTER INITIALS" to "INSERISCI LE TUE
INIZIALI"
Coin door interlock switch support for Spike2.

Please don't tell me that was it...........

#5968 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

And.. the update is mainly for the Topper that most people do not have, or have one that works!

exactly, I mean I'm glad it helps those with the toppers but still no bug fixes for timer in the lab etc..... blah

#6050 4 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

There is only one thing I do not like about this machine.....
The power switch location! This is the only modern Stern I have, and it gets me every, damn, time.

Get a remote like most of us do, home depot amazon etc....

#6057 4 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Never thought of that. I was more complaining about reaching under the right leg only to be foiled!
Do you have a link by chance?
Thanks

Here is one I use, it's 15 amps which is more then enough for two machines.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0798W2TZ1/ref=psdc_6291368011_t3_B072F9DGRL

1 week later
#6117 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Had always hoped BM66 Villian vision would do something like this...sadly didn't happen.

Keep the faith, I have more faith in Lyman to possibly make this happen then I do for any additional coding from Dwight ( other then the topper enhancements ).

#6119 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No worries..mines not leaving and a blast to play. These 2 games are such polar opposites (ironic as both are nostalgia themes)....gotta have them both.

BM66 makes you strategize, very deep, and a calculated play. Munsters is just so "in your face" fun and brutal at the same time. Choice in spades with these 2...

What's even more ironic about liking and owning both is that the reason The Munster's was eventually cancelled was because of the 1966 series premier of Batman. LOL The ratings dropped as folks were now watching the new Dynamic Duo in color.

#6128 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Well gang, if Kaneda is to be believed, he just announced that he has heard that Stern is going to do a huge overhaul update for Munsters, after Dwight gets done doing GB. Wow, that will be soooo exciting! It supports what I’ve been hearing as well. It will propel Munsters up to Stardom where it should have been all along, if true.
Munsters has everything else going for it, so why not finish the code by making it massively appealing. It already is a good table, but not massively appealing to enough people. With proper show theme integration, it will put it in the top 5 in my book. It has everything else: art package, toys, uniquely fun lower PF, great ramp shots, music, classic universal monster theme, general appeal to most all people, great show cast and that one more game feel. The only thing lacking has been show code theme integration from 70 TV shows.
Let’s face it, it has little to only a small smattering of the show and really at the end of ball sequence for only a minute. That is not much in the way of show material. It has been the one single thing holding this game back and I’m sure sales have been reflecting that fact. Great out of the gate, but has slowed substantially, is what I’ve been hearing. Here’s to exciting times for Munsters. if Dwight in fact does what we all want: a massive code overhaul like Kaneda said he’s heard is happening.
Keep the good elements that are already there, but add all the missing show theme game mode elements. With this, Stern could sell more Munsters than most any other game to date, judging just by friends that have never been exposed to pinball. They all love Munsters and have all commented, that there is not much in the way of show integration in the game is there; they query. Hopefully that is about to change.

This is something that should be addressed sooner rather then later, especially that Stern still has this unit on the production lines if they want them to sell. However hearing from where this source came from I have more faith in honesty from Stern statement about the playfields issues not being wide spread problem then I do about Kaneda hearing a huge Munster's code update/overhaul is coming. Either way it will be interesting to watch and see and hope it's true.

and for those who just want to hear the Munster's code update reference without having to rip your ears off listening to the whole podcast, here you go:

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-408-rumors-news-cribs-joe-balcer-still-at-ap#t=24:07

#6214 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Now, if someone could make a piece of plastic with a bracket to attach to the existing nut, I'll buy a pair!

Just ask Anaya Lawn Service to make lexan business cards and your all set.

#6245 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I unlocked this mode just the other night. It was amazing.
Seriously tho... I stayed up till midnight and even rolled my clock back three times. Could not get midnight madness to trigger.
Checked the settings and it’s enabled.
I’m a sad panda.

Once you roll the clock, you MUST reboot the machine for it to take effect. So leave yourself a few spare minutes to allow that process to happen.

#6271 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

B&W vs Color for the Premium version

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, for me I went with the stunning B&W

#6308 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Declared revised/updated edition...backordered coming from Stern...I just found that out.

Then I would cancel and order from Stern or known reputable dealer directly so you have a been more protection in returning if need be. Not sure if you ever tried to return something on eBay but it can be a pain and a 45 day wait to be credited.

#6359 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Munsters Marathon all day today on COZI Tv / Hulu.
So much material for Stern to enhance that title!

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed and this is the issue many have with why they’re not buying the machine yet.

Hearing very strongly that this is being addressed as we complain ummm I mean speak.

#6377 4 years ago

Wow here is an awesome deal if someone has something to trade, this LE is immaculate condition and less the 220 plays lol. I'm so tempted to upgrade from my B&W prem but the artwork and B&W scheme is loved by the family. Still can be a great deal for someone especially with a new code on the horizon. It has upgraded mods on it too to boot lol............

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86934

#6382 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Can I just put code 1.02 in my pro? I missed the 1.01 and now 1.01 is not there to download.

Yes I believe you can

#6399 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah. Too bad Franchi burned all his bridges on the way out.

Or maybe Stern burned theirs with him, just a thought.

Either way he is a great talent that will always have work for one company or another.

#6487 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Stern definitely listens to Pinside.

Hence new code is coming............

#6492 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Hope you are right bro!

It's already happening but no time frame mentioned for the drop but it's in progress, logic would say hopefully in the next few months considering they are still on the line and they want the sales unlike the GB situation 3 years later after production ended then it dropped which doesn't help with the income, but I'm glad they still did it for the owners who desperately needed the update. If you have an in with a stern distributor that is in the know ask them if what I was told is accurate I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

#6497 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It took dumb ass me 4 months and several hundred games to figure out that along with the left ramp skill shot that there is also a right ramp Super skill shot that can be played, as well. And then it took me several more games to figure it out. I guess I better read the online manual again.

And don’t forget the Grandpas Lab skill shot too

#6506 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And what is the GL skill shot? I have 4 lit arrows and one lighting bolt to hit. What am I missing?

Before you launch hold left flipper button then the skill shot will now light in the lab as well as Grandpa's chair indicating to shoot there. Launch the ball shoot the chair to open the lab and then hit the skill shot

#6510 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

You have to hold both upper AND lower left flipper buttons

Shit I forgot the "s", yes both BUTTONS

#6587 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Get your shoe phone fired up and call Stern.

Of course it would have to be discussed within the "domes of silence" otherwise "KAOS" would break out on pinside lol.

#6661 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

The only way to change that narrative is to remove the source of the badmouthing, i.e. an amazing code update.

All I can say is sit tight.......

#6668 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Dwight hasn't done Stern or us Munsters owners any favors by repeatedly saying "the code is done".

Dwight said GB code was done too. Time will tell with Munsters.

Dwight will do what he is told to do no matter what his code opinions were then or now, ok I'll drop the mic now and leave it at that

#6745 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looks like lower playfield plastic that installs right next to flippers- spare plastics

Yep, lower PF right and left lane plastics

#6756 4 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Ok the back box speakers in my Munsters premium need to go!
They sound blown out (especially the left one) when I turn the volume up past about 17.
Can anyone recommend good backbox speakers that are plug and play replacements?
Amazon links appreciated!

Here are the same ones in the LE model as "Sterns premium sound system". They sound pretty good but you'll need to get the speaker plates changes to accommodate them.

ebay.com link: Kenwood 5 25 2 Ways Round Coaxial Car Speakers KFC 1366S

#6790 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I'm happy to say that Stern FINALLY sent my replacement topper and surprisingly it seems to be working fine as far as I can tell. My raven door didnt shut once but I pushed it back in with my finger and it's worked ok ever since.
If this thing will work and not be a pain in the ass it will be a killer and must have mod for anyone planning on keeping this game. Its really very very cool and it looks beautiful. It adds a lot to an already awesome pinball machine.
[quoted image]
Oh yeah and the game has been sitting pretty much for the last couple of months and i played it a lot after i put the topper on today and this game is just loads of fun and makes me smile every time that i hit the start button. Anyone who is sitting out and not buying this game because of all the BS on this site about it is missing out on a great pinball experience. Maybe I'm weird but i freakin love this game!

Awesome, I do have a question. I don't have the ceiling height to allow this topper on top of the machine, what is the supplied wire length? Thinking maybe I can side mount it on a shelf next to the machine, just a thought. Thanks.

#6792 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Mine had a length pretty much the height of the back box itself. There really isn't any extra length. But, I'm sure you could grab a longer Cat5 cable, and splice a section into the power cable.

It just hooks up with a cat 5e cable only?

**update** Okay found my answer thank you, I can use a cat5e coupler and extend the cat5e cable with no issues, just need to make a power plug extension cable.

Thanks again

#6850 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Strong rumor from inside Stern?
And when ?

- Yes

- No time frame given

3 weeks later
#6943 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Like Grandpa on the chair. The only issue I have and I can see why Stern made it flat plastic, is air balls.
Seen the Modcouple Grandpa in pieces all over the playfield, after an air ball hit it. Playgoul was down in the scoop. Right leg went flying to the right ramp and left leg, was laying to the side of the most center shot on all the playfield.
The only way to make it work is in the back left corner, away from potential air balls or a plastic cover for grandpa (which looks like garbage). That heavy steel ball wins every jousting match with Grandpa, lol. Wasted money when that happens and it surely will.

The biggest culprit for airballs slamming gramps is the lower PF glass. You really need to have it just about level so it don't catch the woods edge and launch. A good indication that you might still be a bit too high is a lot of ball rejections from his scoop.

#6983 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

On the lower play field, when I make the right ramp shot, most of the time the opt switch does not register. I believe it has to do with the speed the ball is traveling. When slow and in test works fine. When going fast does not seem to register. Any one else have this problem? Fix?

I used a piece of 3/4" wide black velco (softer side of the two) about 3" long and stuck it in the ramp on the outer wall that the ball rides against to slow it down through that turn. I started it at the beginning of the hairpin turn. Now it registers more then 95% of the times, but you still will get the occasional speed demon through.

2 weeks later
#7052 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Time for an avatar change, I'd say.....

and a name change too!

#7053 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

If i was rich i would be more patient and wait for better code but it is Dwight and 3 years is a long time in pinball ownership.

The coming update will no way be near that fiasco of Ghostbusters, Gary wants units to sell now while on the assembly line not after production ended for there is no new monies in that approach to be had. Rumors (as we all heard one or two) has it that this is Dwight current project to address Munster's before stepping onto something new. Who knows but patience for the win on this one.

#7058 4 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

because the code is not deep

Deep does not necessarily equal fun. There are plenty of deep games that are great and fun to play, then there are other deep ones that are not so much fun to play and it becomes work rather then enjoyment. The same applies to shallow games as well, what it boils down to does the game grab you or not, that's where the yah or nay comes in.

1 week later
#7098 4 years ago

Lifetime 286 games played.

#7107 4 years ago

Lifetime is all the games played on the machine since the code that has included lifetime count was put in. If lifetime was in the code from new, this will count every game put on the machine.
Every time you do a code update it resets the total game count to zero. So total games are the games you have put on the machine since the last code update.
Hope this helps.

^^ Yep. BTW I think all Spike 2 games (2016 - present) came with lifetime count from the start. BM66, Mun, Elvira, DP, GOTG, AS etc.....

#7109 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really do wish that we would get just one final code update and change a few things up. I know that im probably in the minority herre but i do not like olaying both playfields at the same time at all, its actually dreadful to me instead of fun. The game is on the edge of greatness though so why not finish it up?

top_men_indiana_jones.giftop_men_indiana_jones.gif
#7173 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Just been playing a mates JP2 pro version and Damn that was addictive. I wish my Munsters LE was like that and for the same price. I am taking a 2k hit on moving it on and still no takers at what price do i have to sell this game to get rid of it. I may have to give it away to a good home. Dwight fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me. Never ever again Dwight!!!!!

You have every right to do as you wish however IMHO I wouldn’t throw the baby out with the bath water just yet. There is a significant update coming so it might just pay to sit tight a little bit, if you happen to have someone in the “know” you’ll hear that this is more then just internet rumors.

#7189 4 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Quick question for the group: What's your level of confidence on whether or not this update is actually happening? Do we have actual inside knowledge of this, or is this speculation?

Some folks in this thread who do have an inside connections with Stern was informed code is being worked on and coming, as to when nobody knows that one. Also there are a few outside this thread who have their little birdies in there as well who had heard the same thing about a substantial update coming, no date on the ETA.

#7193 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont understand why we have to wait so long. I mean most games get updates on a regular basis when they are new. I dont want to have to wait another year on a update.

Guessing it depends on how much revamping is going on i.e. make the super jackpot meter LARGER lol......

#7211 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

Spot being under the stairs was a big part of the show. I think thats why they did it that way.

Absolutely and that's why he pops up where he is however there were several episodes where spot got out and was chasing cars down the street and lose in neighbors backyards and in the sewer systems. So that would be a cool idea to track him down and then bash him when he pops his head up from the steps and in the interim show the tail clips from the show when tracking him going out the kitchen door, front door etc and when you make the lit shots so him bringing back car bumpers and garbage cans etc just like he used to in the show.

It could work very well...

fictional-locations-mockingbird-heights-munsters-spot-dragon-kitchen-tail (resized).jpgfictional-locations-mockingbird-heights-munsters-spot-dragon-kitchen-tail (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7246 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Noticed other games getting code updates, wonder how long until we see one for Munsters.
Hopefully not another 3 year wait!

Well it is Dwight and after his "the code is done" statement and ghostbusters coding fiasco, I'll never buy another machine with his name attached. I'm sure code is coming but as to when it's anyones guess.

#7263 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Stern is in Illinois. You are in New Jersey. How did you hook up with a Stern insider?

snail mail, email, phone, video chat, car, bus, train, plane etc....

#7280 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Really??? Let’s see. How are all the different ways in 2020 , one can communicate with some one who does not live next door and might have an in with someone in a company say 700 miles away?

tenor.giftenor.gif
#7281 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I just played a Stranger Things and now do not feel as bad about my Munsters LE, Stranger things imo has nothing going for it at all.

I have to agree whole heartedly with you. I wanted so much to really enjoy this machine but it just fell flat in so many areas for me. So while I do enjoy the Munsters I’m really looking forward to the up coming code drop when it comes and if done correctly this time can really push Mun into the Stella category.

#7285 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a bad feeling that they arent even working on a new Munsters code. If they were it seems like they would day so in the Stern on the Union address that they have every month.

I hear from a little birdie they are in fact in process of enhancing, adding, redoing etc the code. I agree with Thunderbird 100%, if they release that information now in any SOTU, website etc.... if being around Pinside has taught you anything it's folks around here would be like the mass mobs at Frankenstein's castles with pitch forks and torches screaming when when when, we want it now wah wah wah lol. So we'll just have to wait it out and see.

#7306 4 years ago

Good thing I popped a few Bravecto's last night before I checked in.

#7309 4 years ago

I have a new first today, finally decided to update the code on Munsters today to the latest version, although it doesn't do much except for topper I said what the hell why not.

So I put the usb it starts code update, select yada yada yada. Update finshes remove usb now, the fucker when removing it with out any resistance as usual from any usb port, pull the usb port center from the main board on the left port. Now the right side does not see's usb stick any longer as well. Fuck me...... these piece of shit .39 cents Taiwan pcb connectors. They could have least went $2.00 for the molex versions. smh

#7312 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That is part of and inside the main box. Correct? Now what do you do? Is that covered under any kind of warranty?

Yep it is the double USB port on the cpu board itself. I did write Stern, sent the requested info serial number photos etc and within 30 minutes they authorized a cpu main board replacement. I have to say their tech support has been pretty good and no complaints here.

Maybe they just felt bad for us munsters guys that we have to labor through the current code state lol.

1 week later
#7381 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Mark is no longer employed at Stern.

Dismissed over the toppers 2 weeks away statement?

2 weeks later
#7437 3 years ago

Maybe it's an encrypted date detailing when the code is dropping.

#7439 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

December of 2034?

At this pace, sounds about right lol

1 week later
#7515 3 years ago

At this point I'd pitch in

Not for Dwight, but for Lyman hell yeah!!!!

#7557 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

but as long as it's working it really adds to the game bug time.

Freudian slip

#7580 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hope those same top men arent working on a coronavirus vaccine because if they are the whole world is going to die before it becomes available.

I actually hope the top men working on the vaccine would do the code as well. They made great strides in the last two weeks with it towards a cure.

1 week later
#7706 3 years ago

New code is up 1.0.3, another big let down though.....

#7712 3 years ago

We had asked for a bit more meat code wise and their response to code was to take some away lmao. That'll teach us to ask!!

Tweaked:
- Removed Backbox GI from lamp effects.

#7728 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

at almost 2gb, it's got to predicate something coming behind it......

I was thinking along those lines when I noticed the node board updates as well, then I thought maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part lol. However really interested in seeing what Jack maybe show casing this week with the Munsters, maybe a pre-release code preview? I'm still hanging in there believing something is coming.

#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm sure moving to the new system and firmware for node boards is predicating a new enhanced drop. Probably working some bugs out of it...maybe Jack will give us a tease this week.

Jack is streaming the Munster's this Wednesday 4/15.

#7750 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I just asked Jack and while he may have had too much to drink, he said he won’t be streaming it on Wednesday because he just sold it.

I believe he was ball busting as it is posted on his schedule then he replied afterwards why would you ask if I'm streaming Munster's on Wed when you already knew it was on the schedule. He is streaming Weds.

#7757 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Unless he sold it immediately after he twitched Rick and Marty last night, he still has his munsters premium.
You can see his munsters immediately behind him through last night’s twitch.
Looking forward to watching him weds!

100% correct, Remember Jack is a ball buster all in the name of good fun way.....

munbkg (resized).jpgmunbkg (resized).jpg
#7776 3 years ago
Quoted from Stevesco:

Being new this group, could someone provide a link for Jack's streaming tomorrow?
TIA

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#7788 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can someone tell me how many files in this update?
When I come to unzip - it is only 1 spk file, sometimes there are more- just want to make sure I’ve done it right
Thanks

Only the one

#7795 3 years ago

He did say at the beginning of the cast " He thought he was getting an new code" that makes me think they had something planned but there might have been some last minute adjusting going on.

#7800 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yeah I heard him say that - then at 10:20 in the twitch video he said don’t expect to much - only expect minor tweaks.
I think game is great and fun for me. I hope I regret this (& Dwight proves me wrong) but it does not sound like any major code drops coming...only minor tweaks at best. Hope the minor tweaks are very meaningful!

Yep I heard that too, maybe not a full rewrite as some might have been hoping, maybe more modes and content added. Then again maybe Jack thought he said to much early about the code and thought I better not say much and covering up with a little damage control lol. One thing is for sure is that Stern lends these machines for him to show case and broadcast updates which works well for his streaming so he won’t risk that relationship. So I suspect very little will he said during his streams about codes unless he gets the green light.

#7822 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

What’s the other fix that folks are needing/getting for the game...besides the bent Herman wire?

Code

#7831 3 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

Got my LE a few hours ago and haven't stopped playing, but noticed something really weird... Sometimes after the match clock finishes there is a really loud popping noise. Anyone know what that is about? It is way louder than I have the volume set.

Thanks!

Sterns digital knocker, set the volume to off -or- set match percentage to 0%

2 weeks later
#8283 3 years ago
mun code.gifmun code.gif
#8285 3 years ago

Sorry but I had too lol.

In all seriousness there have been so many posts on this topper it should have it's own club thread However it's great that there are people like yourself and others who have been helping many folks with their issues but at the toppers price point issues should be far and few in between maybe something like 90/10 but the way it appears now it's like 25/75 with the 25% being the success rate. I really hope they address everyone issues with them as well as drop a much desired content code drop to boot. I'm still holding onto fate here.......

1 week later
#8366 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

or whatever the car dealer in the Munster

I think it was "Fast Deal Dan" if memory serves me correct

Actually there was more then one, the one listed above was the fly by night crooks and the other was "Diamond Jim's Used Cars" where Lily bought the two cars made into one and the Munster's coach was born.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
258 posts in this topic match your search for posts by deathhimself. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=deathhimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.