P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

279 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cpr9999. You are on page 1 of 2.
#29 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It’s great to have options.
LE:
Limited unique /hold value
Anti glare glass
Laser web rails with gold backer
Kenwood upgraded sound
Shaker
The Koach backglass iconic and best
Unique inner art blades
I love the monochromatic art and realize it fits the theme, but art of the line art 80’s and Centaur is quite a bit different that art currently of the Franchi style with realism and eye popping color of blues, greens, purples and shading. I want the full blown technicolor where new meets old, love what’s being done on that LCD as well !
I felt the LE was worth it.
I’m sure all 3 look kick ass in person.

As a future LE owner, what does the community think of Stern now adding in another 100 LE machines. So instead of 500 it will now be 600 machines (according to Kaneda podcast).

If this is true does it devalue your LE? Does it piss you off?

Should we email distributors and Stern and complain about pulling this fast one in LE owners.

If we are honest this will have an small negative affect on value of LE long run.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would Strongly recommend taking that Rumor and where is came from with a Large grain of salt. I highly doubt Stern would change everything published to date and in this example I suspect the Premium is going to sell a Lot of units. I am sure there were other titles like Batman66 LE, and Maiden LE where they Wish they could go back and change the offer quantity but didn't. Pinside tends to take offhand blog posts as fact sometimes.

Thanks!

Eases things a bit.

1 week later
#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

It looks like a number of you expect to get your Pro by 1st week in Feb. My distributor told me mid Feb. Can you confirm your relatively early date? Depending what he means by mid Feb, that could be as much as four weeks away!

Hopefully for you...they under promise and over deliver

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

That line is the opening of the cellar door in the floor of the Munster's house that Grandpa is coming out of.

That line is there so you know where to cut using your jigsaw to install the lower playfield - DIY install your own lower playfield mod!

#284 5 years ago

Enjoy this website - lots for everyone.

http://www.munsterland.net

#414 5 years ago

What are people hearing on actual LE delivery dates?

3 weeks later
#902 5 years ago

LE owners have you had to level the plastic that covers the lower playfield - tweak the screws?

AC/DC Premium VE owners had to do this upon arrival of their new machine.

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Do the LE.S come with shakers ?
For 9G,s ?

Yup

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally everyone is allowed their own opinion. So I'll offer mine Munsters Pro is one of the worst games Stern has ever made PERIOD!
People bash on the Beatles but if you love the Beatles and you're not a huge pinball fan there is nothing to hate about that game. The Beatles looks retro, really delivered theming wise to any real Beatles fan. That pinball looks amazing, graphics are outstanding, as for a game its boring yeah its boring. But honestly I think Stern was going for a different market therefore the game is great. It is easy to play, themed awesome, and focuses on the young Beatles with a really cool retro feel.
Munsters on the other hand is a pinball game, there aren't Munsters fans who will pay 8k for a 5k game much less 25k again for a 5k game.
Munsters is BORING. There is nothing unique here just more of the same borrow from other games they've recently done.
I'm okay with it for Beatles but not okay for Munsters.
With all the cool licenses Stern has why even do Munsters? Maybe because they tried to rain on the parade of Monster Bash. Monster Bash LE is a HOME RUN 10 out of 10, Munsters at best is a 5 out of 10.
I haven't seen the pro yet but once I do I can leave a different review. Hoping the lower playfield ads more fun into an otherwise boring game.

How much you want for your Munsters LE? If it’s that bad how about $6k?

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Appreciate the responses. So I looked around the cabinet for loose stuff, especially the cabling connecting the backbox to the cabinet - adjusted that, no effect. Took off the shaker motor protective plastic cover - no effect. Took the shaker motor out and inspected it, the spinning paddles on each side are offset by perhaps 5 degrees relative to one another - was going to try to fix that, but the hex set screw is too tight. Reinstalled the shaker motor turned 180 degrees from the way it had been originally oriented, thinking perhaps that might help - minimal difference. The rectangular metal lever under Herman does jiggle some when the shaker spins but I don't think it is the main source of noise.
I may well end up turning the shaker down to a less frequent setting than maximum (I assume it doesn't change the RPM of spinning, just the amount of time it is operating during the game, correct me if I am wrong), or perhaps turn it off all together. I'd be moderately disappointed if I had to do that.
Meanwhile, have gotten a number of games in. I have been enjoying it quite a bit. The lower PF is a very nice toy to have. Really like how the insert lights change from white to blue to red - haven't had a game that had that capability before - my newest prior game was NASCAR.

If you have motor out of game you could have hooked it up to 12v and spin it to see if has anything to do with just the motor?

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can adjust the tension at the top of the shaker motor bracket with that screw that runs the length of it. Adjusting that usually takes care of noises like what you're talking about.

Pretty sure Stern shakers don’t have that bolt across the top of the shaker.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Reading all the posts from those who have now been playing their LE's for over a week or so with enough games on it now to get a good feel for it, many are reafirming some of my thoughts and experiences for how the game playes, even though my game is a Pro version, it has all the same attributes less the lower playfield.
One thing I did after playing the game (as shipped and loading the newest code) about 40 games was to start recording the standard audits data. Beginning at game 50 I started making tweaks in the settings to make the game more playable for home use. No doubt this game has a design element built into it knowing it is going to be on routes to generate revinue, and as such it is a drain machine on the outlanes. I reset the posts to reduce the frequency of the outlane drains, then played another 30 games to collect data, left, center, & right outlane number of drains. The right lane drained on the average 30% more than the left, which makes sense when you look at the geometry of the left and right posts relative to the surrounding features on the playfield in the outlane region.
Not to make this post to long, but I measured and layed out a new position for the right outlane post and drilled a new location and reinstalled the post into place. After playing another 30 games and reviewing the data the game is now balanced in terms of left to right outlane drains. For me this was my biggest complaint or frustration with how the game was designed and set up in terms of home use play. Sure if I don't make the shots I expect to pay a price for bad play, but I became frustrated with being cheated by that right outlane with a very low percentage of nudge saves Vs the left side.
I'm kind of a data freak which in this case I think was useful in helping me to bring a nice compromise and balance to how the game plays now. Some may think how dare you drill into your playfield, but if your on the opposite end of that thought and want more info feel free to PM me and I'll share the post placement info with you. In the meantime keep cranking out those games, I'm now up to 325 games, average game play time on the uptick, as are the average and high scores, and most importantly an increase in the overall Fun Factor!

Post a picture right outlane?

#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just took my window out today to get the dust and some ball marks off of it (anxious for my Titan order to arrive). Plastic is a great fit, and mine fits as close to flush as possible...doesn't alter ball path (yet). There are rubber washers under the screws, so you can kind of tweak it to get it perfect.
This machine compares very well w any NIB that I've bought or seen of late from a build standpoint..services rails coated, mini playfield is a serious mech, plywood bottom...a very solid machine....pleasantly surprised....

Can you / someone describe flush?

(Think side profile). Should the plastic cover be level with the lower (B option) or higher (A option) part of the beveled edge

28166A5A-CB4D-4EA1-9CBF-E2C9D6981CD6 (resized).jpeg28166A5A-CB4D-4EA1-9CBF-E2C9D6981CD6 (resized).jpeg
#1603 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Found these parts in my LE today. One screw was in the bottom of the cabinet and the other was on the playfield. The round metal piece was on top of the playfield. Does anyone know where it goes?
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Had 2 parts in mine.
One is from the coin mechanism, which leaves 1 left to find a home!

Looks like 1 of your screws!

D9762FDF-84A6-4485-A535-B0925117DDA8 (resized).jpegD9762FDF-84A6-4485-A535-B0925117DDA8 (resized).jpeg
#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Flush, in this meaning:
"Having surfaces in the same plane; even. "
Surface being play field. The rings allow for a minor deviation, but when I was done, I could put a straight edge that touched both the play field and plastic equally..."flat"....Does it stay that way? Time will tell. Both the plastic lens and play field edges around it are very consistent on my game....Suspect a ball, at slow pace, will roll differently over plastic than clear coat, regardless

I hear you - flush means - straight edge ruler over playfield and plastic cover - both should be st same height.

Question- why the heck do they bevel the wood so much- probably worried about edge of wood chipping?

#1627 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If anything You want the plastic VERY slightly above the wood so it protects the edge of the wood.

Yes got it.

Destroy plastic is OK, wood damage is No Good!

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Always flush after you take a break playing pinball. When done be sure to put the lid down. Your wife will appreciate it.
Wash hands before returning to play.
Keep the ruler or straight edge out of the bathroom. I am sure the toilet is level.
So, you have a wood toilet seat Jim ? How do you like it ?

Dang - I always forget to put that wood seat down, flush with the glass porcelain!

#1666 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Ok. Found out where these go Does not look easy to put back in. The round piece goes under the left ramp and it looks like its a counter weight for the spot trap door. one screw one each side that are also not east to get too. The right one is in the yellow circle in picture. I have had at least three other people PM me telling me they are at least missing the screws. CHECK the tightness on yours [quoted image]

Hi Bill,

Can you email Stern (email above in Vireland post) - send bug report?

Let them know - hopefully they will issue a bulletin . Also loctite Premium versions.

Thx for finding!

#1688 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

One other thing about the Grandpa hole bounce outs...I was getting a lot of dimpling just in front of the cliffy...not trying to start the "dimple" debate just an observation...there is a piece of mylar there as well and it is starting to show a bit of edge wear as well just in front of the cliffy...with my flippers set to soft, the bounce outs have been significantly reduced.

Can you take a picture?
Should we take off the mylar and install a new piece right next to the protector.

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I’m guessing the board is bad, I’ve checked everything.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like your missing the small black jumper.

You can take wire and short the 2 pins (middle and right pin) to verify that is it.

If so, Stern can send you one. Or you can find one in an old pc you no longer use!

1B10DD59-FBD4-4C7B-83C6-042972F69CF0 (resized).jpeg1B10DD59-FBD4-4C7B-83C6-042972F69CF0 (resized).jpeg
#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Ahhhh I see now, thank you for circling that, I couldn’t tell with the pic that was posted before. I’ll give it a shot!

Was the jumper the solution?

#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

These schematics ?
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/520-7014-00A-SPIKE2-MPU-Module-brd.pdf
To someone highly technical they could be helpful, but at least for Munsters. Seems that jumper on the 3 pin header has been missing for a few people across threads now. Either somehow Stern missed placing it there, or they have been falling off in transit..

My guess is they take it off to test / troubleshoot - so they are not blinded by the light and then forget to put back on.

#1990 5 years ago

Plastic Leveling.

Ok - which of these photos is correct?
I will ask Stern as well.

Call the first picture (A) - plastic meeting the beveled wood edge. (B) raised plastic to meet wood 1/4” into playfield.

Thx
3388F493-9342-4581-931F-2E95C92A35AD (resized).jpeg3388F493-9342-4581-931F-2E95C92A35AD (resized).jpeg631F818E-3D36-49C3-A655-1B645B80B954 (resized).jpeg631F818E-3D36-49C3-A655-1B645B80B954 (resized).jpeg

#1995 5 years ago

I am assuming everyone is saying option (B).

Both are level with the playfield - the difference is should you be level with the playfield like a 1/4 plus inch away from the wood beveled edge. You definitely can feel the plastic edge when running your finger over it doing it this way.

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm concerned that your wood has a serious bevel, or something is off w the plastic (I know you inquired before). I've taken mine off (2x) now, and the wood edge is actually pretty sharp, and now where near 1/4" gap between it and the plastic..a very snug fit.
Can you take a pic w the glass off (think you did prior but I can't see it clearly) showing the gap? worrisome....

Nothing unique - my AC/DC VE Premium is same beveled edge.

Stern does not make that edge the same height as rest of playfield - they bevel it down for a reason - so no one chips the wood edge.

Got an email into Stern asking them there opinion.

Question- if you run your finger across the plastic / wood edge is it smooth AND can you feel height difference at the bevel. If this is what you have - you did Option A above.

#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My ACDC is perfectly smooth all the way around. Don’t feel any edge of anything from either direction.

Do you have a slight bevel edge?

As you run your finger from wood to plastic is it like glass smooth? Or is smooth but your finger goes up/down the bevel edge?

#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I did it quite extensively on several sides (paranoia,I guess)...I can't feel the bevel at all when plastic is flat to playfield.....can feel the line where the 2 meet, but my wood doesn't bevel "down"to any type of noticeable degree.. the line is very crisp, extremely tight....plastic doesn't even fit if I don't put in in square...the tolerance you are describing simply doesn't exist in mine....weird...definitely post when you hear from the factory...

My plastic fits the playfield hole very tight - which is good. See my question to Chuckwurt - same question for you..thx

#2029 5 years ago

FoR those that like Cliffys....he has them now!

[email protected]

06385FDA-1209-456F-92B8-D0CE84D9DDBC (resized).jpeg06385FDA-1209-456F-92B8-D0CE84D9DDBC (resized).jpeg2073CB4E-0EC0-4C7C-A074-17F40726AB36 (resized).jpeg2073CB4E-0EC0-4C7C-A074-17F40726AB36 (resized).jpeg3F7380F5-08F1-4413-B081-D0F8C0A9370B (resized).jpeg3F7380F5-08F1-4413-B081-D0F8C0A9370B (resized).jpegB464FDD8-A511-49E6-BE9F-AB2CF6EF2C04 (resized).jpegB464FDD8-A511-49E6-BE9F-AB2CF6EF2C04 (resized).jpeg

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Where did you purchase the Cliffys? Directly from him or somewhere else? Thanks!

Yes from Cliff

[email protected]

Www.Passionforpinball.com

#2036 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I could see myself driving that !
Goody Goody Goody LOL

Trade a couple of pinballs for it!

#2056 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

I'm running 0.96 on my LE and have noticed about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time the mini saucer in the lower PF does not register that the ball is there - it just sits and sits there. Have also had the machine not recognizing that the ball has drained into the trough, intermittently. These seem like software bugs.
Other than that, and wanting the shaker motor situation (RPM adjustment, please?), loving my Munsters LE and getting better at it over time. Wife likes it to, which is good. Though got in trouble tonight when I said I might get the new Stern Topper when it comes out!!

I want RPM control on shaker as well.

Have you sent in an email?

If not, please do so here:
[email protected]
Thx

#2060 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not necessarily even RPM control. If they had a shaker strength adjustment from 0 to 100% like they do for the LED/Flasher brightness that would be mesh with the current interface and would be a pretty easy global add.

Agree !

An adjustment of some sort would be cool. That goes for previous games too.

Everyone send in a note to Stern to add this adjustment.

Thx

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have had a ton of problems with my munsters LE...
1) The playfield totally fell into cabinet and got itself wedged on a screw inside. The brackets that holds it in place so it can slide don't reach over each rail fully. I had to totally take the entire thing apart, add washers to each side, and bend the brackets out to keep it from falling in.
2) The start button blinks but doesn't work.
3) The lower playfield has A LOT OF ISSUES...
A) The balls are not heavy so they launch around and one landed on top of the rail. Had to nearly tip over the game to get it off the top of the rail. They shouldn't have created these in a way where the ball can become lodged in them.
B) The flippers get stuck on the two ball multi ball and the left flipper only half works.
4) This is just a gripe but ball shooter case is screwed on drastically twisted not even close to being on straight.
The game is fun but it feels TOTALLY RUSHED!

I had issue #1 and caught it in time - happened twice to me. I have message into Stern to replace my brackets because a groove was wore into them because my rails had no grease. I think both are easy fix. Send email to Chas at Stern.

3A set flipper power to soft as others suggested - helps.

Lower playfield flipper - check the spring it might be backwards with large diameter of spring installed on wrong end.

Hear you on number 4 - ball shooter rod should be squared up with decal.

#2098 5 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Listened to Pinball Profile podcast today with Dwight. He makes some comments on his thoughts/direction on the code for this game. He mentions 2 levels to the characters was give you something to do with the game after munster madness level 1, which he wanted wanted everyone to be able to achieve to experince the lower and uppper PF at the same time.
Isn't there 3 different munster madness's to experince in the game? I have failed to see a 3rd trip to munster madness to verifiy. If this is the case, why isn't there 3 levels to the character modes instead of just level 2 during the 3rd trip? Easily could adjust the gui by lighting the I & II to present the characters in mode 3. While at it toss it a few wrenches and curve balls in the chase to mode 3 munster madness.
He also does mention Munster Madness isn't a wizard mode in his opinion. Why not make one then after all of the above if certain requirements are achieved? I hope Dwight sees this opportunity. Fun game, can't wait to get my prem to deep dive into the code.

He also mentions “secret mania is a flipper code”...”little secret in the game” anyone figure this out?

#2140 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Add me to the list of folks experiencing the occasional issue after .96 upgrade:
* Lower playfield "ends"
* Control is placed back on upper playfield, but the LCD is still stuck at the machine.
* Ball eventually moves to Dragula, isn't ejected.
* Machine goes into ball detection mode.
* We wait. A couple of mins.
* 2 balls are ejected (at the same time) from shooter lane. 3 total in playfield at that point (one Dragula, 2 playfield).
* one ball drains, flippers go dead, end of that "ball".
I've seen it once, but I haven't been playing a lot this week. Was going to turn off the lower playfield until addressed.
Thanks!
Mike

Email tech support?
Thx

#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am reading folks are putting mylar down on shooting lane? newb here....and new LE. What type etc and how..???

Put in a Cliffy from passionforpinball.com

#2250 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Sad to report my Grandpa Switch broke today like another posters switch. Stern is shipping out a new switch and I will need to do some soldering when it arrives. So the game will be down for a few days. Guess I will show my other pin some love in the meantime though but not playing this is killing me a bit.
[quoted image]

what broke? All the wires looked soldered. Did the internal guts of the cherry switch die?

1 week later
#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I put mine to 7 seconds

Guess I should put mine at 6 seconds to split the difference between you two! I have on 10 and I am lowering soon.

#2681 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I have an early Pro and had occasional ball hop on the plunge. Shaved the ramp a bit and it’s smooth a butter now. It was interesting that there is a nice script under the ramap on the play field that reads The Munsters. Kinda like a art Easter egg.
While I was in there I cleaned and waxed the play field for the first time. I thought the game was fast before, now it’s incredibly fast. I actually turned down the flipper power as it was shooting so fast it almost always bounced out of the scoop. Moving from the factory setting on Hard to Normal was much better with the slick play field.
Then I broke my first plastic on a Multiball. The piece that protects the spot ramp sensor by Herman #19. Time to call Stern and order a new plastic.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you take a picture of the crack area and circle it and post the picture? I can’t see it in pictures above.

Thx!

#2705 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Haven’t had one who-dey . Where’s it getting stuck?

Yeah where - pic?

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Another really cool feature "I'm sure not by design" for the Prem and Le is with the lower PF there is at lot less dimpling area
Sorry couldn't resist, besides I have nothing else to post on it considering mine was set back a week or two

Agree but now I get mini dimples.

DE9096F5-6955-4164-9E4F-BB2B41016883 (resized).jpegDE9096F5-6955-4164-9E4F-BB2B41016883 (resized).jpeg
#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That's why I bought a Pro so I only have one playfield with Dimples. Regular ones - not those mini versions.

My view - the more playfields with dimples the better - it means I am enjoying playing pinball!!!!!!

1 week later
#3093 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

Anyone noticing the clock on grandpa's lab on premium starting before the animation intro finishes? It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, you only have around 10 seconds left on the clock or so...

Report the bug to Stern.

Thx

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from triggur:

I think I found a bug in 0.99. I was playing on the lower playfield and got Mystery with about 10 seconds left on the clock.
It started SPOT mode, but no balls came out on the top level, and the clock continued to count down to the end of the lower playfield ball. It ended and the top playfield reactivated and everything was normal again.

Please send in a bug report to Stern!

[email protected]

Thx

#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Is anyone actually selling those playfield windows yet, or are they still unavailable? I'd like to have a spare as well.

Yes

Contact pinball life. $66

Marco is adding to their site late next week.

FYI - no luck in getting Stern to replace for free - even with dust concerns.

#3202 4 years ago

HD glass makes big difference - love it

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I heard the same thing. Something about a problem with the lower playfields?

Yep, they ran out of them!

#3316 4 years ago

Yeah I guess I left some needed info out, yes grandpa feet has been there since day 1 before a game was even played, they are more then high enough as not to get in the way of the ball unless it’s an air ball but I haven’t seen any air balls nail him.
The protector is the one that came with the machine, I don’t believe cliffy makes one for the scoop as stern provides one with the machines. The protector is nice and flush as can be, no dents to launch the ball.
As far as the scoop goes I believe the ball is entering and popping back out real quick rather then dropping down. To be absolutely sure I guess I should video some play and review it to confirm. Like I said this is something that is happening the past few days, prior to that the play and scoop shots were nice and smooth.
Nothing was changed and altered in that time nor was the machine moved and all four flippers in the machine have been set to soft since 0.99 was installed. Just freaking weird.

Mine exhibit same condition. SLO video it and let us know what you see. Maybe Velcro in back helps?

#3322 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok i put the dead drop foam in and i couldn't really decide at what point of the scoop that the ball was hitting so i just lined pretty much the entire inside of the scoop except for a small section near the bottom. Probably not needed or ideal but you dont really notice it (unless you have the scoop lit up with a scoop light mod) so who cares.
I found that it definitely helped alot. Its still not 100% but i dont know of any other scoops that are either, it is definitely a worthy improvement though and i recommend doing it. I also lowered the back of my game down (after i had already tested the scoop) just to see if it got any better and to see how it plays. It didn't make the scoop rejects any better or worse and im undecided on gameplay at this point until i can put more time in on it. It does seem like it helps with the accuracy of the lower playfield though.
Here are a few pics of the foam that i added to give you an idea of what i did. Sorry for the crappy pics, my phone camera isnt the greatest.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thx

FYI your protector is coming up in the front left corner- or at least it looks that way in the pictures.

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I think as the protectors get beat up the part that lines the inside of the hole on the left and right starts to bend in and narrow the hole. It helps spring the ball out of the hole. Mine is much worse and rejects the ball a lot more than when new. I have a new protector to install to fix my situation. I also changed my flippers to normal from the default hard setting to hopefully preserve the new protector.
[quoted image]

Wow

How many plays did that to the protector?

Also, did you get a Stern or Cliffy replacement? If Stern can you send PM dimensions? I will ask Cliff to make a stronger version.

Thx

#3398 4 years ago

Ok now that I poked some fun at this earlier floated info in which I did hear of it along the lines myself, Lets see what you guys would like to have done to the code rework if it were to happen.
1- A wizard mode would be awesome, this game really screams for one.
2- Marylin Mode & Champion where how many boyfriends you can get to escape by shooting her ramp when lit is recorded.
3- Al & Fred worked extremely well together here and had some of the funniest lines in the sitcom, surely some more of Grandpa's and Herman's bickering calls can be added during play.
4- Eddie orbit mode & Champion. Needs a little more, make him after so many loops feed spot or something to accomplish a nice payout.
5- Grandpas lab instead of the mono tone girl saying jackpot, wack it up with Grandpa say "Yes Yes and laughing / That's right, that's the ticket"
6- Spots Roar when spot pops up. If he does roar now, I never hear it lol.
7- More call outs from the shows, I know there were two seasons almost 80 shows but they used a lot from early season 1, love to see and hear more added. (covered in points 3 & 5 but felt its important enough to mention it again)
Now I'm not griping as we love the game but if by any chance this rework is possibly a fact, I think adding some more will really establish this game as one of the all time greats, in addition sales will jump a lot as this theme hits many folks from their youth. A little more depth objectives added on the journey really couldn't hurt.
Polishing and lighting effects we can do afterwards
What would you guys like to see within reason of course. Please no flaming people suggestions/opinions but maybe there is something said that Stern can take away from it and add it to coding just makes it better for everyone.
So what say you.................[quoted image]

Hi,

Would you be willing to consolidate these and send to Stern? I think you can send to: [email protected]

Or direct to [email protected]

This would be cool!!!

Let us know.

Thank you

#3459 4 years ago

In all seriousness now, really like that 9 piece plastic protector set from Little Shop of Games here on Pinside. Adds a nice splash of color as well but photos don’t do it any justice.[quoted image]

Did the same.

The ones by Herman and Grandpa are a pain in the azz to install!

#3488 4 years ago

I have the 4 lower (2 slingshot and 2 guide protectors) clear protectors for sale from Little Shop of games for a total of lucky $11 (includes shipping). I have no use for them anymore. (Note blue plastic peels off to review clear plastic protectors).

First person to ping me & PayPal gets them.

Thx.

B0201953-F019-4D53-9B63-C1A5F59F0764 (resized).jpegB0201953-F019-4D53-9B63-C1A5F59F0764 (resized).jpegDDE683EB-3EF7-4549-9750-881AA42D2432 (resized).jpegDDE683EB-3EF7-4549-9750-881AA42D2432 (resized).jpeg

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Those of you planning to replace the lower wire ramp, plan on major surgery. Chas did send the revisted part right away – but didn't give me any instructions and wow. It's layered in there big time.
Was hoping to do this from the top and first took the plexiglass off (you need Torq wrenches! Tried an Allen wrench first, but miracles happened when I put the torque wrench in there) but ended up having to take the lower playfield out.
The good news is the lower play field is super easy to get out. The bad news is the ramp is attached to the third layer down.
Thought I would show you as well - the difference between the old ramp and the new one is they simply cut the metal ring where my thumb is.
Not sure why Stern hasn't done a service bulletin on this – or informed all owners. Seems like it's kind of a big deal.
Anyway, getting it done tonight so let me know if you guys need any help.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you adjusting the back clear plastic (behind the electrodes)?

Also any key areas of concern as you did this?

Thx

#3562 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I didn't know there was an issue with that plastic. Let me know while I've got the playfield torn out!
No key areas of concern other than it's not necessary to take the plexiglass off the main playfield. Figured it was like any other machine and I could repair it from the top, but not the case.
Unfortunately, once the lower playfield is out – you do have to disassemble a lot: three layers of the outer plastics (around the rim of the lower playfield) plus the plastic ramp on the right.
Stern did a good job of being able to take the lower playfield out quickly. Maybe five or six quick disconnects and four bolts.
I actually got tired of working on it and went to bed! Ha ha My project tomorrow.
Bummed that we all have to go through this. But it really stops the game. And it was happening a lot on my particular machine.

Check this out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/61#post-4939296

#3686 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Spaceman... why are you selling your LE???

Thoughts? Only 19 days ago....

082B5F92-0425-4B05-85D8-DA4699AF6C6A (resized).jpeg082B5F92-0425-4B05-85D8-DA4699AF6C6A (resized).jpeg
#3822 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There are actually quite a few good suggestions in the so-called haters thread that would give Munsters the love so many more want to give it.

I just wish these “passionate” people would focus their energy on packaging up those suggestions and pass along to Dwight instead of just complain. If they did we might see some of those ideas get implemented in the code. And the sooner they do, the sooner they might be an owner of this pin.

#3853 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey Mister i had a patent on that scoop idea. You will be hearing from my lawyer soon!
Nice work on that glass btw!

Can you all take some more picks of the foam rubber installed?

How high up do you install?

1956PINHEAD Also is that cut out in the middle or is that just glare?

Thx!!

PS - I just bought a spare lower plastic playfield cover from pinballlife. Mylar is great idea - need to do that day one.

#3854 4 years ago

Anyone concerned about this wire guide getting beat up and bending into the circuit board behind it (shorting out?)
(So yellow arrows in picture).

Bumper sends ball into it a bunch.

Thoughts???

B85C11E9-9D3B-415B-8A2E-D0EFDE64E435 (resized).jpegB85C11E9-9D3B-415B-8A2E-D0EFDE64E435 (resized).jpeg
#3871 4 years ago

This is why Top 100 makes no sense.

See picture, then go flag these knuckleheads!

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/munsters-premium-le/ratings

ADB72890-3383-4A8A-BA3B-2A86D6E38285 (resized).pngADB72890-3383-4A8A-BA3B-2A86D6E38285 (resized).png

#3873 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

So why would Munsters be rated any differently than any other game on the list? No reason for anyone to hate it more than any other game out there, you don't see many new games released that drop that quickly unless it is somewhat warranted. I have had mine for over 100 days now and waited quite a while before I rated it, I ended up at a 7.67 I think on my rating.

People jump on the bandwagon, without even making their own decisions. Fact of life.

#3928 4 years ago

Rather then making more models they first should address the in
house issues and get Dwight to enhance the code.
TBH I still like the BW Premium over the color Prem, it's
natural to what the show really was.

Thinking the same thing...........YOUR WISH has now come true!

Please see link below, and keep to positive improvements. For my fellow Pinsiders that have posted suggestions already, I humbly ask you to repost those suggestions here so they are CONSOLIDATED for Stern. Thank you in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight#post-4994045

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You dont speak for everyone. I see no problem with this. If
Stern pulled a JJP and released another version of the LE then that
would be a bit shady. Releasing another premium version is not a
big deal.

Stern just did, they call it a color Premium (close enough)!

#3966 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes Sir, the game is possibly the most beautiful pinball machine ever made. I played mine a few games before work tonight and i just cannot understand why people don't like this game because it is so much fun. Sure it could use some more code but its still fun as hell. Mine is staying with me forever.

Agree!

Great suggestions on some code tweaks located here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight

Keep them coming, and we will provide to Stern. Let’s help Stern make the code over the top!

#4010 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

You’re talking apples and oranges. Presumably with the car you know in advance all those models are coming out. The whole point here is that no one knew that this model pin was coming out. Have any of you that don’t understand why some people are upset even considered the fact that the only reason the LE sold out faster than any LE model in pinball history is because the LE was released in color. The prototype photo showed that the premium was color and the LE was black and white. When we saw that the actual release models were reversed people jumped on the color LE like never before. Even Stern couldn’t anticipate how much people would jump at the LE and that’s why they added 100 after they saw the release sales fly off the shelves. So yes, I believe it’s quite reasonable for anyone who purchased an LE to be upset about this change.

Hopefully people will remember this next time purchasing a LE. Wait Stern out = large savings.

The model is broke, nothing anymore is limited and initial code releases will be bad. All this must mean we have a healthy pinball market!!!!

When market gets weaker, we will see improvement in their releases.

#4012 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

^^^that
I did think it would eventually show up...why wouldn't it? but, so soon is bizarre.

Weak sales or squeezing more sales dollars out of market. Either not so good.

Maybe hope this funds more code enhancements.

#4019 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Stop trying to make sense of this. I need every manufacturers 10 year plan before I do anything.... From now on.

On Munsters 10 day plan. LOL

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippingr8:

Someone pointed out that curved line with differing contrast on each side a while back. It is annoying to look at and (ahem, Dwight) needs to be fixed in a code update. Very amateurish!

Someone send into Sterns bug.report email address. Who has the full email address?

#4087 4 years ago

Give them six more weeks, Pro BW version lol.

6 weeks after this will be the LE B&W!

#4102 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I think adding that piece of rubber in my game was the single most useful home made modification, what you have done should also work. When my ball travels to the scoop now it just quietly sinks into its hole. No more rejections period, no metal to metal clanking, and best of all no more ball or scoop pocket abuse going on. All should consider this mod as a benefit, not to mention Stern should do this on all games with similar scoops. I'm adding this same mod to my GB & GOTG.
Gotta give my man Who-Dey credit for this one, I owe him a six pack of his best beer!
[quoted image]

Any chance you can post the dimensions or picture of one not installed? So we can replicate from the pictures. (If you are installing on your other games).

Also type material and wherever we can buy?

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#4524 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I´m looking for a splitter for the dome flashers, anyone know where I can find one? Need it as I want to add another flasher to the left and right dome flashers. If anyone can help me out, please send a PM.

Comet pinball

#4586 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Scroll back up a few pages. The factory has made a fix for that. The factory will send you a corrected replacement.

Looks like he has the fixed wire ramp. They removed the wire where the ball is resting..... I would email Stern and ask them what they think.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok i put the dead drop foam in and i couldn't really decide at what point of the scoop that the ball was hitting so i just lined pretty much the entire inside of the scoop except for a small section near the bottom. Probably not needed or ideal but you dont really notice it (unless you have the scoop lit up with a scoop light mod) so who cares.
I found that it definitely helped alot. Its still not 100% but i dont know of any other scoops that are either, it is definitely a worthy improvement though and i recommend doing it. I also lowered the back of my game down (after i had already tested the scoop) just to see if it got any better and to see how it plays. It didn't make the scoop rejects any better or worse and im undecided on gameplay at this point until i can put more time in on it. It does seem like it helps with the accuracy of the lower playfield though.
Here are a few pics of the foam that i added to give you an idea of what i did. Sorry for the crappy pics, my phone camera isnt the greatest.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi-
What is the thickness of this foam?

1/8 or 1/4”

Thx

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure because im not home to measure at the moment but i would guess 1/8. I can measure if you need me to later. This is what i used though.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

If you could that would be great!

Thx again.

#4623 4 years ago

Ok guys back to Munsters game details, etc. Keep the debate to the other threads.
Thanks!

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Where can you buy this Cliffy protector kit? I'm on Cliffy's website and I see nothing for
Munsters.
THanks

Just email Cliff and he will respond.

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

This is how mine will look like[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now put LED strip on the inner circle to light up the speakers !

2 weeks later
#4847 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Well after looking at the install pics on Batman 66 Cliffys... I realize I put my drain protector on the wrong side..... geez....back in I go...[quoted image]

You must have missed this post by me (in this Munsters thread...)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/41#post-4888433

#4863 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Well, Stern and KaPow seriously overcharged for the Beatles, so that should help make up for the lower quantity.

Don’t forget Beatles licensing costs. That’s why they had to jack the cost up.

Depending on Munsters licensing cost, I would think 2-3k units. I bet they have no problem getting that over 3 years of sales. So OK to small success.

On the flip side, to be considered a smash hit for Stern, sales over 5k units, like AC/DC, MET.

#4919 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

It does not work there if you have the mod couple's pop bumper eye ball cap.
I'm going to see about making a bracket for it, well see.
Magicchiz

Let me know what you do. I have mod Couple’s eyeball.

What if the base is 3D printed more narrow at bottom, but top stays same size?

If that would work, what size would the bottom need to shrink to?

#4921 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I have the same eye ball cap in my pin and I was able to fit the cat on mine. The sticky tape on the bottom secures it pretty well, even though the front lip of the base the cat sits on sticks out a little bit over the plastic. I tested various ball shots around the pop bumpers, cat target and nearby ramp (including Herman) and it never interfered with ball movement. I really like the mod and he shipped it fast.

Cool

Can you post a few pictures ?

#4936 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

"Cuckoo Clock with spinning hour hand and raven head that pops out during game play to taunt the player and announce different modes."
And they want $425 + tax and shipping but don't even have a video showing what it actually does?

Is the code integrated , complete yet for this topper? Might want to wait and see the integration. I will be for the price.

#4951 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hoooooly shit, what a bunch of negative Nancy's we have around here people.....chill out! I got my topper today and it is absolutely beautiful. I was so excited to be the first one to post a topper pic but as luck would have it, my topper has an issue with the Raven door.
I worked on it and worked on it diligently because i wanted to be the first one to post pics of it lit up and stuff but it just wasnt meant to be i guess. Im going to have to get a new topper sent to me unfortunately looks like. The good news is though its beautiful, it matches the black and white Premium in my opinion and its interactive with the game. Anyone who ordered this topper is going to be very happy.
I guess im still technically the first person to post a Munsters topper pic so eat your heart out guys!
[quoted image]

Cool.

I hear you on interactive. Have you experienced the interactions and can you comment on them. I would like to get topper but I want to make sure it has the true interactions we all are “hearing or hoping” it has. Crossing my fingers.

Or will the interactions come with more code down the road.

#4973 4 years ago

Bluetooth enabled raven clock that taunts you from a distance- now that sounds cool

#4977 4 years ago

Question:

If you had a chance for “Eddie Munster” to sign your pinball machine:

A. Would you?
B. If yes, where?

Thx!

#5017 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I can't believe I'm saying this...but, I'm not all that impressed with the topper, that strobe looks to be too much also....I like the clock, wish the characters were as like....(modeled) am I all alone here?
Congrats to those who like them and are getting one.

Leaning this way also.

I was hoping someone would post a video of how well the integration and taunting is before I purchase one.

Edit: also can you post pictures of where the wire/harnesses plug in?

Thx in advance!

#5029 4 years ago

Someone post an install video too?

Plus interactive video?

Thanks !!!

#5032 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The install is a piece of cake, literally 5 minutes probably. 4 screws and 2 wires to plug in. It comes with instructions as well that are easy to follow.

I am curious where the plugs ...plug in.
If someone could post a picture of them that would be great. Either while installing or from instructions sheet.

Thx

#5042 4 years ago

Dang lots of topper issues, at least 3 so far reported above. Hope they didn’t rush out to fast.

Can others comment and/or post an interactive video?

#5077 4 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Received my topper today. Notice anything wrong?[quoted image]

No hands for you!!!

#5079 4 years ago

Those darn summer interns!

#5081 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If Stern is using a contract builder for these it is time for a conversation out behind the woodshed. By now, it seems fairly obvious that whoever is building these is taking shortcuts and Quality Control is nonexistent.

Those interns are already behind the woodshed smoking something!

499CE5D0-1363-408B-8115-4CBFE69D72A1 (resized).jpeg499CE5D0-1363-408B-8115-4CBFE69D72A1 (resized).jpeg
#5083 4 years ago

I would send them ALL back so they get the message on quality.

#5120 4 years ago

Beginning to wonder if this is a firmware/software bug.

#5165 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ha...I called it "Rev2" to him, as it had better be tested and installed on an actual machine before it gets in the box. He said "warranty replacement". I like my terminology better in this case, as the first one had 2 pages worth of problems.
To answer your question...yes...working correctly would be nice....

Does “warranty replacement” terminology mean they can fix whatever is shipped back AND resend out? So I send mine back, they fix it and ship it out to the first person in the “warranty que”?

I hope not - just in case pack these things carefully upon sending back in!

#5167 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Speaking of lower wire forms, anyone get rejects from the lower mystery shot? I do fairly often and it sucks because it’s a pretty hard shot - and usually valuable.

What type of reject?

#5214 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm sure if anyone could do it, he could. Challenge is there would be a need for additional switch contact points, w related code, I would guess.
Physical fit would be pretty straight ahead, and agree it could make Lily amazing...Hey Mike?

Agree. On Targets.

Would be great mod/option.

1 week later
#5365 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Check out song by Fallout Boys called Uma Thurman Sounds very familar?This might be old news,but my son just played this

Agree! Nice

...."This was a fun song to write. originally, when we came up with the idea, and there was this sample in it, which is a sample from The Munsters TV show, people kept saying “oh cool, like Quentin Tarantino, cool” when we played it. We decided why don’t we kind of create this world around that? To me, Uma Thurman and Winona Ryder, they were these women in pop culture who were quirky, but that made me only crush on them harder. and rather than going with the traditional Uma Thurman role, we thought a lot about Kill Billand who her character was in that, and this kind of resilience and this violence, but there’s something that’s authentic about it (like a woman taking revenge or being empowered). so that’s what the chorus of the song’s about, and the verses are what you would do to try and capture this woman’s affection."— bassist/lyricist Pete Wentz.[10]

#5367 4 years ago

Doug ( DugFreez ) now has a NEW version - Speaker Ring lights !!!!!

Ask him about those - they have not hit the website yet.

Of course, you can get in multiple color plastics, etc!

1D7677E3-6D64-43B4-849F-91F7ED31C5BF (resized).png1D7677E3-6D64-43B4-849F-91F7ED31C5BF (resized).png
#5368 4 years ago
1A471F96-D1D6-48B2-856B-8FF8F12C1E09 (resized).jpeg1A471F96-D1D6-48B2-856B-8FF8F12C1E09 (resized).jpeg
#5426 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not everyone’s favorite but I suggest getting the Free PinGuy app for your phone. Set it on the Playfield after calibration and do top and bottom of Playfield. If your at 6 that’s more then likely your issue. Just to slow. I set the app level to 6.8 personally and the game plays perfectly. I like free options.

Agree, works great and free. Started using on my Deadpool to level the Katana ramp shot and now use on every pin!!!

#5469 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Changed a couple of settings on my game to make grandpa harder to start and also Herman . I really like the game it’s just plain fun to play. I got a LE for a trade with just about every mod made for it and it is absolutely gorgeous he had also installed pin stadium in the top and lower play field.[quoted image]

You sir - got an excellent deal!!!

#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Played the pro version yesterday at an arcade and now I’m thinking of getting a Premium.
Op told me the premiums have an issue with lower playfield visibility over time due to scratches in the upper pf.
How paranoid should I be about this in a HUO setting? Should I plan on installing a playfield protector right away?
LOVED this game from play 1. Which surprised me given all the negativity I’ve read for it.

You can buy a new, spare window if needed from pinballlife.

Nothing to worry about.

#5537 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine always gets stuck behind "the machine". It has that little plastic piece back there from the factory but it doesn't do a damn thing. I can't really see the cover that you habe behind the machine. Is it a factory cover or aftermarket?

Earlier in this thread someone showed how to fix, bend this in - so you never get a stuck ball there - FYI

#5567 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Ugggggh. After closer inspection at out of the way places, it looks like both my Munsters Premium and SW Premium have this issue. Munsters is way more minor, but it's there
There is no way Stern is going to replace all of these playfields. It would cost them a fortune and appears to be widespread enough that the replacement playfields seem like they would have this problem too, right?
Uggggghhhhhhh.

Contact them, first you never know and second it alerts them to give these playfields some time to cure!

2 weeks later
#5667 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I would like to share an observation...Going back to the chipping, flaking discussion or what I now know is a "delamination" issue, at least in my case. I posted a photo a while back of what I thought was a chip, I recently decided to remove the "cliffy" to get a closer look at what was going on...if look close you can that the clear coat is lifting from the playfield along the outhole edge...if you look even closer you can see what appears to be a layer of mylar (not to be confused with the small piece in front of Grandpa's Lab)...look around the front corners. Was mylar bonded to these playfields and now prematurely releasing? I should also add that I filed those rough edges down around the hole and the "cliffy" fits much better...it may be my imagination but I feel as if I am getting fewer rejects when I shoot to Grandpa's lab.[quoted image]

Also, it looks like your ball guide on the right has the clear lifting at both entry points??

Yikes!

#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from Truent:

Here’s a video of the topper in action.[quoted image]

Video??

#5734 4 years ago

Others please email those people listed from Stern!

Reference this URL in your email.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight/page/2#post-5202578

#5784 4 years ago

Who is Blizzard and how does that relate to Munsters?

#5787 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Clearly you're not a golfer...
My point was there is a good chance your game ideas are going directly into a cyber toilet when you send them to a game company. Doubly so when you send them to the head of the company. Triply so when the ideas aren't any good in the first place. It is kind of adorable though and of course Stern's mileage may vary

Best way is to vote with your wallet. Example- Stern quickly updated their JP playfield after 1/2 million dollars in orders were cancelled at distributors in just a few short weeks.

That will get their attention to change - before that they ignored emails.

I like that people did that. Those with bad toppers don’t accept it, return them for a credit.

#5795 4 years ago

Not to rain on anyone's parade especially mine, but Dwight just said live in the Dead Flip Stream that Munster's code is done and he is done with that. Here is a link to the video.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483271018

At what point in video?

He was also done with GB!

#5806 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How old is that interview? At that time there were not any plans. Things have changed since then is my understanding. Of course Dwight is not going to say anything different as he has had everybody on his back about GB for years now. He doesn’t want to add anything else to his job slate, until Stern allows him more time. I have full confidence that Stern is going to allot more time to be spent on Munsters. The topper alone needs more love, not to mention adding much need theme integration. Think there are those on pinside that don’t want this to happen for whatever their reasons. I happen to be in the camp that wants it to happen and have been told it will, so I believe Stern’s best interest is to give Munsters more code and don’t look to old interviews.

That was said tonight at the GB code update reveal. Not more than 5 hours ago.

#5812 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Update on my topper. whiskeytango and I took a look at it tonight and were able to see the mechanism that’s seizing on the clock but were not able to see a way to resolve it.
Contacting Stern tomorrow.
We also pulled the playfield and checked all the connections and were not able to clear the node board failures.
Strangely my lower playfield flipper buttons also stopped working for a bit. Don’t know how, but we got them back.
It’s worth noting that two people have contacted me in pm (I’m not saying who they are) but one has the same topper problem as me, the other has the same node board failure issue as me with a NiB. :/
I’ll keep ya’ll posted if I learn anything helpful on these issues as it sounds like they might not be a one off thing.

Send them all back for a credit. If distributors won’t do that, use the nuclear option and call the visa company and have reversed. And then drop the toppers off. This is pure BS. Took them back, spent weeks to engineer a fix and sent out subpar. Don’t except this latest quality trend especially with $400 plus topper.

#5902 4 years ago

As a Stern fan and Munsters owner I would not accept this level quality.

Send those toppers back to distributor and get a credit. Have them send back to Stern.

Stern will hopefully pay attention when distributors kick and scream about being out money. Then Stern might invest some real money to figure this out.

(This is the main reason the new JP playfield happened - over 50 plus people cancelled orders - it hurt distros and they got angry aggressive with Stern).

#5921 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern has a roof you can get I believe. Thought they started putting them on all new games.

Chas said it was in works 1 month ago, but wasn’t sure. Are they shipping with new machines? Can someone post a picture?

#5953 4 years ago

Awesome concept very poor execution and to boot expensive.

I am out, working on my own topper for hundreds less.

#5959 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Decent knowledge a surprise is coming very soon on this game....

Do they have there top men on it?

#5972 4 years ago

Please don't tell me that was it...........

Why even release that - what a joke.
Most of us don’t have a Stern topper.

I hope the above insiders have it right, a real code update and polish.

#5974 4 years ago

I guess not - the top men were all in GB!!

#5978 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

It looks like they had their 'Topper' men on it...….

I like that!!

#5981 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol. Technically this is a code update, but it certainly doesn’t lead one to believe anything of substance is on the horizon. I’m sure Dwight meant game play, not a topper test and Spike updates.
Munsters under performed sales estimates and Stern isn’t going to invest in significant code without more sales. Add in concern about PF clear, unsold inventory at distributors and some Munsters money moving to Elvira and it’s not likely that we will see a big uptick in demand for Stern to do new runs anytime soon. Enjoy what exists because as much as I would like to see a code update with enhanced game play and theme integration it seems less and less likely.

Flip is true, get some better code you get better sales...like DP.

#5983 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I agree 100%. Look at Batman. But Munsters apparently so underperformed that Stern apparently isn’t willing to take that gamble.

600 LEs sold, plus premium and pros. Has to be easily over 1,000 games by now. Not going to get 2000-3000 games without major code bump.

1 week later
#6078 4 years ago

I am in need of some help. I am making mod for myself and looking for an observation.

Is there a light/LED that turns on during game mode (and stays on) that is not on during attract mode? I can use this to trigger when my mod is to go active- I don’t want the mod active during attract mode.

Another way to trigger is their a 5v or 12v line I can tap into that is only active during game play (and stays on) vs attract mode?

Thanks fellow Munsters owners!!

Will post what I did after it is up and running.

#6079 4 years ago

Other question - see picture.
When does Herman Flasher light up? The Herman Spotlight Flasher seems much more integrated.

thx.

2019-10-03_22-15-03 (resized).jpg2019-10-03_22-15-03 (resized).jpg
#6081 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

All of the large colored flashers are tied to that character's scoring feature being "boosted" and worth more points (if you start it during the current ball.)
The Dragula shot will boost a random character and Mystery will award it as well sometimes.

Ok thanks.
So how do I get Herman boosted.

I know when I hit the VUK for grandpa seems like the purple flasher goes off every time when VUK kicks the ball out.

#6082 4 years ago

Herman boosted... be in Herman character mode and then get ball in Dragula lane?

So how Does game rules work. If I am in Herman character mode I ONLY stay in that mode until complete? Therefore if I get ball in Dragula lane it boosts and lights the Herman flasher. And how do I trigger Herman mode - just hit the big Herman character?

Or can you start multiple character modes ...then how does the game decide on which mode it will boost?

Also, why does the Purple dome flasher behind grandpa go off everytime I get the ball in the VUK and flashes when it exits the VUK. I have bot got the ball in the Dragula lane??

Need the experts who know the rules.

Thanks in advance!!

#6104 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Who-Dey,
I'm telling you, just do what I did and your issue will go away forever. Once you remove the lower playfield it is literally a 5 minute fix with no money out of pocket. Slightly bend the little tab down that holds the deflector plastic behind the machine. Just doing this will give you the clearance you need for the ball to fall back down onto the playfield if it hops up on there. And if you have a heat gun you can do what I did and warm up the plastic and form it for a little added clearance for good measure.

Yup - works like a champ

1 week later
#6183 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I just don't have any room for toppers in my basement, so it's always topless all the time.

Now that’s scary.

#6242 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I mean really? Was somebody that hungover on a Monday morning to miss that plastic or are they pissed off about having to make toppers? Sheesh...!

Stern has priorities, they are now focused on Elvira. Got to get those LEs out to bring in more money to feed the beast.

Unfortunately for me no more NIB for long time until all these quality issues get under control!

#6284 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Not having much luck selling mine, so you can probably unbolt it from the floor for now at least. Hopefully the rumors of code updates are true and it will create some buzz about the game and it will turn into a classic.

Archives show in $4300-$4500 range.
Dropping price might sell it quicker if interested in selling.

#6287 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yeah I guess that I am not used to loosing that much on a NIB purchase in such a short period of time. When I put it up for sale the range was I think ~$4500 to $5200.
I have it listed at $5k or make offer and have only had a few offers in the low $4k range, there has to be some reason that the value on this pin is down compared to some other newer sterns. There are even a few LE's for sale in the mid $7k range right now so it's a buyers market.
I guess I will either hold onto it and wait for code improvements in hopes that either I will want to hang onto it long term or that a code update will drum up some interest in the game again.

Variety and volume of new pins is great for buyers right now. As long as all these new companies can crank out pins this imho is the new norm. I am sure code might have a 200-300 hit, but I just sold some LEs that took a $1500 per machine plus the cost of ALL the mods.

#6336 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Pinball life sells a clear cover that goes over the ramp to keep the ball down.

It mostly works. I created a step down version that fits inside the ramp. Keeps ball down to cross the optos!

#6352 4 years ago

My Munsters homemade topper. Grandpa electric chair LEDs are integrated and fire off at same time as playfield one. Herman LEDs fire off same time as Herman flasher (and now the LED flashes in the backbox - thx to Stern code update).

Lots of fun making!

425284EC-AD36-4147-AEC1-EA08AAE476D1 (resized).jpeg425284EC-AD36-4147-AEC1-EA08AAE476D1 (resized).jpeg

#6397 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Nice. I really want to start making my own toppers, half for the fun of it, half because my pins are under a low basement ceiling and a lot of standard toppers won't fit. How did you fasten everything up there?

Used existing 2 inner, front bolt holes on top of head. Replaced the existing bolts with longer version to accommodate my topper base. Worked great.

#6419 4 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Stern already has a fix for this! I have a wire diverted that they sent me.

Can you post a picture?
Is there a part number?

Thanks.

#6428 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That’s what we’re all counting on: a ton more show content being added. Which it badly needs, even though already a good game. People selling because it currently lacks in game show content. Think they’re bailing out too early and will wish to be back in down the track with code improvements, just like people did with Batman. However Munsters is right now worth buying. Never selling mine!

Yes I am counting on content for my LE!

#6429 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Yea, these types of threads help! People see what is stated in the more positive threads and can use that to offset The negativity in the code sucks thread. The game is out less then a year, has a lot to offer as is, and if you see what Dwight has done recently with the new coding talent Stern has hired, one can see a Hugh up side. The game is selling at a discount now due partly to the negative hype. Great opportunity to get a future winner like GB and GOT.

Checking on for sale listings for past 50 days....

7 Iron Maiden
11 Deadpool
7 Black Knight
14 Munsters
6 Jurassic Park
4 Guardians
14 Star Wars

Not sure anything statistically significant here....however....only thing I can state is top 2 most amount of listings are different and same: coded by Dwight; but 1 is deep rules and other is not.

In meantime back to playing Munsters!

#6540 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Trapped ball: Last week I posted a pic of a ball trap that shut down my game. The ball went up the left ramp and bounced of to the left side and rolled around behind the ramp across two play field plastics and parked itself behind Herman's right elbow.
[quoted image]
The ball made the trip from the left side of the ramp to the Herman's elbow.
[quoted image]
I had a piece of scrap polycarbonate plastic and made a dam to stop this action. This is just a quickie fix. Since this is hidden from view, I'll work up something a little better at another time. Ignore the profile; This is leftover scrap.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The small tab I made on the scrap let me use one of the factory screws to lock the dam down. Now, if I have a ball jump the ramp it will just roll down the plastic with the painted bats and fall into the Eddie Loop and stay in play.
[quoted image]

Just got this from Stern. Had to ask as they don’t seem to be updating their Service Bulletin page.

I believe sticker is part number. Interesting enough, is they have an install sheet. Note the Date on it!
E7597194-514D-407D-981D-D01A9C89B549 (resized).jpegE7597194-514D-407D-981D-D01A9C89B549 (resized).jpeg

#6590 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep it's a awesome topper. I cant wait to get my replacement.......if they ever send it that is.

They got you down on their shit list for playfield issues - so you will be last one to get one. Lol

Too funny. Actually not, to many issues right now - steering clear!

#6610 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Buy while people are bailing early. Munsters is going to get an awesome update and prices will go back up. Pinball works that way. People hold: value goes up, if lots of people sell when others are dumping, value slumps. Law of supply and demand.
Munsters is an awesome title/game and will end up becoming highly sought after when Stern gives it the enhancements it deserves and they’ve planned from the beginning to give it.
Additional code is the way Stern reinvigorates themes and sells a lot more. No worries about Munsters value over the long term. It’s a beloved title spanning 55 years, with millions of fans. It’s a safe buy. Titles like Whoa Nellie, Dialed In, Oktoberfest, Cosmic Carnival, Houdini Etc are not safe buys, because they have no following.

Just curious- what is an “awesome update” mean?

Complete overhaul?
Many additional modes?
Theme integration beyond our dreams?

Do tell - thanks.

#6612 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It means they make Lily mode and the light show better and maybe throw in a couple more movie clips.

Ah - sounds like an ok update

#6618 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Fully agree with you. I’ve paid the high Auzzie prices too. That’s why I’ve been all over Stern to get their act together, on such a great title. Everyone, please email and please be gentlemanly: [email protected] and [email protected] and [email protected]
It wasn’t that long ago, the Auzzie dollar was worth more than USD.

I am confused - I thought an awesome update was coming?

Have emailed them all, and emails get no response.

Even when I directed them to suggestions:

#6744 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

hope this helps. I cant find one single bit of info on these
came in bag with machine paperwork. zero info[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like lower playfield plastic that installs right next to flippers- spare plastics

1 week later
#6829 4 years ago

Latest edition & signed!

E6D33334-5FEA-4969-B888-5C9157BABE90 (resized).jpegE6D33334-5FEA-4969-B888-5C9157BABE90 (resized).jpeg
#6849 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Strong rumor has it, Stern is coming out with a much needed update, even though game is good now. So we aren’t going to be disappointed imo.

Strong rumor from inside Stern?
And when ?

#6859 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Can you add where you got them..? Like the Lamp/Street sign and shooter plate for sure!!

Mostly Mezelmods.

Also, kitty is sold by pinsider- just search for add on this.

Also, the mod couple sells a few.

#6861 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Shooter plate is hooked...made of cast metal, not plastic, and is gorgeous...

FYI add it to Mezel mod order to save shipping. They sell it for them.

1 week later
#6888 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

A scary picture.[quoted image]

Help me out - are you talking about dimples in Herman’s face?

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I don't know...maybe it is some kind of reflection.

Reflection

#6912 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It will chip in time I promise you.

Question- I thought you put in claim with Stern if I remember correctly (?).

Did they ever respond?

1 week later
#6964 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

I also just want to confirm that the clock only has one hand?
Cheers
Trevor[quoted image][quoted image]

Edit - 1 per Who Dey below.

1 month later
#7207 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I agree, it would behoove Stern to communicate better on the situation. Remember however, they did not communicate anything on GOT and it was a total positive surprise. Dwight also said he felt GB was complete. Both games got significant updates, following said communications, and many people feel they are coded extremely well. Both games re sale values have been positively impacted in my observations.
One of my "in the know" contacts told me a few days ago. There will be an update on Munsters post TMNT.
I go on past performance to predict the future. Very similar situation with GB and GOT. Similar communications. One should not be that surprised pending past performance in the code aspects of Stern's Dwight games take a while.
I bought Munsters, resale, at a low period due to all this code noise and got a very nice deal. I like the game now but I did bet the game will get better.
If people are so upset on the code they are losing sleep over it , maybe it would be best to sell and move on.. Life is too short to get worked up over a hobby. Those that can wait, like myself, will have to see how it plays out

Why post TMNT?

Is Dwight the lead on this one? If so, talk about buzz kill for sales on this one.

#7228 4 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

That is an awesome diaroma. I have Munsters figures...where did you get the Munsters living room?
Thanks,
Chris

On eBay....

ebay.com link: The Munsters Action Figure Hotrod Herman

1 week later
#7264 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

FWIW. Had an interesting conversation with a “insider” this weekend. Again confirmed a code update is coming. Stern management wanted Munsters to be a simpler game. At this point they realize that may have not been the best strategy. A data point that Dwight may not be the decision maker on code Depth strategy for his games.

Do we know if they are reversing strategy and going deep with code? (Major rewrite).
Or
Are they patching up, enhancing existing code & theme integration?

Do tell!

#7288 4 years ago

I hear from a little birdie they are in fact in process of enhancing, adding, redoing etc the code. I agree with Thunderbird 100%, if they release that information now in any SOTU, website etc.... if being around Pinside has taught you anything it's folks around here would be like the mass mobs at Frankenstein's castles with pitch forks and torches screaming when when when, we want it now wah wah wah lol. So we'll just have to wait it out and see.

Hope the birdie is right or we will have to shoot it!

LOL

2 weeks later
#7397 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've had a number of newer players over to my house recently to play my machines and I've noticed that while Munsters is a very approachable machine and people love how it shoots the code is not newbie friendly at all which Stern keeps saying was their goal. The kitty shot is so tight and is completely required for getting a score over 10 million. I had a friend over that's pretty good. Was able to get all of the modes started and made a number of shots. Had a few supers stacked up but could not hit that kitty shot even though I told him it was important. That game he came away with less than 8 million points after about 5 minutes and didn't want to play anymore. People get discouraged when they see me step up and easily shoot a 80-90 million game. To them it looks like they just did exactly what I did but they only have 5-10 mil.
These days my Munsters is getting less and less play. As the code for my Stranger Things keeps getting more mature all of the newbies to the house are flocking to it because not only is the layout approachable but they are also posting 20-40 million scores. Scores are exciting and breeds that one more time feel. They at least feel like they are being competitive and when they do get a mode going each one feels different.
I really hope Munsters gets a code overhaul that reworks the scoring and makes these modes more tied into the show. Borg has a great and approachable layout with good ball times for newbies but the code sucks for them. I enjoy the challenge and feeling when post a 200-300+ mil score but the scoring needs to reward the newbies while still being a challenge for more experienced people. It's so clear looking at my audits. There are very few scores in the 20-80 mil range. A huge number in the 1-10 mil range. I'll take out the 100+ as those are all mine. No one but me has managed over 100 in the house and my son is quite good.

Another year and half to wait.....

2 weeks later
#7455 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaketime81:

Just found this threaded spacer below the play field along with a broken piece of plastic from Herman's cover piece, I cant find where the spacer would have come from. Anyone recognize?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep search this forum to find the fix.

#7460 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Got my lower playfield fixed where the balls were getting stuck behind "the machine" and gave everything a good cleaning, man what a gorgeous ass looking game Munsters is! Its also a lot more fun now that I dont have to worry about the balls getting hung up.
I did find this problem with the Spot coil though under the playfield. The plastic piece is loose that the wires connect to, any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

If coil is loose no problem there.

If you are saying the square plastic (coil base) is separated from the rest of the coil plastic bobbin then that would be a problem.

#7462 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can move the plastic piece left to right, it doesn't come off of there or anything like that, just moves left to right. The other coils dont do that.

Without looking at mine most metal coil brackets have 2 screws on the back with slotted holes. Loosen the screws and smash the bracket against coil and tighten if it bugs you. Not required if everything is working with coil.

#7470 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I tried researching if Herman had a middle name but came up short

Well there are only 26 combinations H*M.

Also maybe just HM.

Also maybe Fred Gwynne’s initials?

#7483 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I have 5 apron covers ready. 3 are spoken for. The other two are available to the first two pinsiders that private message me. Pricing is going to be $125 plus shipping.
If there is enough interest, I can certainly make more of them.
Rich[quoted image]

Did you use stronger magnets to hold in place?

Also, interested in see a version for colored Munsters game. Not sure what color(s) to make it.

By the way - nice job!!

#7499 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for idea, but figured it out, with DAD, that works. (Credit Cabal)

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks for idea, but figured it out, with DAD, that works. (Credit Cabal)

How is Munsters madness trigger?

You enter DAD via flippers than what triggers it to start?

#7507 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Finally sold The Munsters LE it left the house. I have tried since September. I took a 3k loss in Australia dropping it basically $250 a week until it sold. Someone said after i sold it that now Stern will get code updated as they have lockdown etc. I don't think they will i think they will be working on the current machines and machines for future release why go backwards. Anyway i didn't hate the game it was just very about jackpots and no real point. Shots were great though. If they ever do the code awesome and will pick a pro up down the track. Anyway cashed up now and looking at an Elvira after lockdown as we can not ship over boarders at the moment unless essential. Or the cash i have now will keep me afloat until this economic war is over. Be safe everyone and play as much as you can now as there should be no excuses.

Did you get a chance to play secret mania before it left?

#7568 3 years ago

I thought a code update was coming?
A number of people had “”inside information.”

Is this still true?

#7572 3 years ago
Quoted from aussiegeorge:

Thanks Cabal, great work. This secret mania is a hidden gem, now for more code..

Dwight’s got his top men on the code project.......to be continued

#7577 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

What is the metal clicker under the Herman magnet?,mine was on the bottom of cab so I have never seen or had it working before,is it suppose to click when you hit Herman?

Picture?

#7604 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

It looks like i have some trouble with my herman lane. It's totaly bent. Would not be so bad, but now it is pressing against the ramp opto.
Do you know what would be the best way to straighten out the lane? Had anybody this Problem before?
I put in some red lines, i hope you can see what i mean.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Contact Stern.
This will be an issue on everyone’s game.
They can come out with a fix maybe similar to Ghostbusters.

Send them the pictures and explain everyone is having the issue.

Thx

#7606 3 years ago

Just looked at mine and sure enough it is bent as well. That is a really long wire guide that gets hit really hard often. Mines not touching the opto yet but could be doing it soon. Will be watching it now for sure.

Everyone send in information to Stern then they will come up with a fix.

Thx

#7611 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mine does not look bent but it is barely pressing against the optos. I will be keeping my eyes on, as well.
EDIT: Who do you email at Stern? I have Chas's email, but is there a particular email we can go to to really get visibility?

I think if everyone sends Chas an email along with a picture of bent guide they will get the point and do something.

#7613 3 years ago

For those that don’t have Chas email:
[email protected]

#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

I had the same issue. Got the message Welcome to Munsters. 2x Grandpa then nothing. I also have an LE.

Did you get it to work?

I entered flipper code, got the Welcome message. Then I hit grandpa scoop twice and I get nothing too.

Do you have to wait until the scoop is lighted up? Also, do you have to complete anything on the lower playfield? Then wait until the scoop lights again to hit it. Nothing else?

#7617 3 years ago
Quoted from Jasonba:

I got it to work on my premium. Started game then entered code to get "Welcome to the Munsters". Then hit stand Up's to light grandpa scoop. Hit scoop to start lower playfield, get to Multiball and play till time ran out and return to upper playfield. Hit stand Up's to re-light grandpa scoop, then shoot scoop and got secret Mania message on screen

Did you hit all 4 stand ups before going to grandpas scoop each time?

#7628 3 years ago

Check this wire form out also.
Is yours coming into contact with sensor board? This one is near the kitty shot.

D188532C-181C-4325-B76C-2147FDB73A7C (resized).jpegD188532C-181C-4325-B76C-2147FDB73A7C (resized).jpeg
#7640 3 years ago

Hard to believe this should be curved.
But let’s see what Stern says.....should know soon.

#7657 3 years ago

Maybe more like this fix on Ghostbusters- bent rail Stern fix. Reinforced metal L bracket.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/28#post-3278825

#7663 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Nice to hear other people are getting "inside" info of a possible code update. Not sure how good mine was , but, I was told after TMNT came out for a possible code drop. More Raven call outs will up the value of the topper. It is integrated really well with the game now but up side potential is there.

Hopefully we see way more than Raven call outs. More modes, more theme integration is a first!!

Makes you wonder if Dwight / team is coding TMNT. If they are it would be better to release Munsters code first to help easy people’s minds on Dwight’s next coded machine.

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Yes this post could be a good point for a fix. A fat titan sleeve might do it, i think it needs just some support over the lenght.
If this will not help i will try maybe this think i printed. I hope i did get the measurents right.
It should replace the clear plastic post and extend it to the wire. But i think it will need some tweeking that the ball will not touch it too much.
I hope to get some time soon to test it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool idea - figured the solution would involve that post - but replacing post and incorporating fix looks like a good solution.

When you finalize the design will you make the stl file available to print?

#7677 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Herman replacement post.
have it now installed and had some good games on the machine. i would say about 20 and some with serious Herman bashing.
The Post seems to be holding, it did not break. But to see if beding is still happening i need more games to verifiy. I modified now the file 3D Printing file.
If someone is insterested i can share the stl or Freecad file if you pm me or if someone knows a way to share it more properly i am open to everything.
I hope stern will make something on their own, but with the shutdown i am afraid it will take some time.

https://www.thingiverse.com/

#7679 3 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

I finished watching the Original Munsters series on DVD and was scouting around and found this pilot episode from 2012 of "1313 Mockingbird Lane". It never went anywhere but it was an interesting, darker revamp of the original. Fun to watch. You may have to cut and paste the link into your browser. Sorry if this has been posted before. I could not find it on a quick search.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=1313mockinbird+lane&&view=detail&mid=2802E9FBD1E099ED76D32802E9FBD1E099ED76D3&&FORM=VDRVRV

Awesome!!

They should make this on Netflix

#7692 3 years ago

FYI - I got one of the very first (maybe proto) new circular speaker light kits many many months ago and finally installed them. Very easy to do, look great, lots patterns & colors. They fit the new Stern games.

Awesome job Doug!!

@dugfreez

Enjoy (of course video sucks compared to seeing in person).

#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I traded some e-mails with Calab and printed his 3D support for the rail. I stuck a #6 washer under it to raise it up a bit in order to help prevent any PF wear since after a while, we're suspecting there might be some wiggle. Very sturdy tho. 100% infill and I rotated it 90 degrees when printing in order to make the layers perpendicular to the rail This keeps the printed layer 'seams' from being parallel with the rail.
My old opto was broken and had the wires sliced. On the new one, I zip tied them up a bit to keep them away from anything sharp.
In the end, Stern does need to address these issues properly. But for now Calab came up with an excellent workaround.
Thanks Calab![quoted image][quoted image]

Did you rotate vertically (perpendicular to wire form the printing) in the slicer application?
Or is this something you had to do in the STL file? If STL file can you post an updated verison?
thx.

#7718 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

LE/PREMIUM V1.03 - March 9, 2020
================================
Tweaked:
- Removed Backbox GI from lamp effects.
Moved to SYS 2.44:
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.57.5
Added UTIL->VOL Adjustment "SELECT AUDIO FILTER".
Values are: "NONE", "HIGH/LOW SHELF", and "10 BAND EQ".
Default value is "HIGH/LOW SHELF".
"NONE": No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when
using the Line Out as input for an external device.
"HIGH/LOW SHELF": A High/Low Shelf Filter is applied to the audio output.
The Bass Frequency can be set to: 125Hz, 250Hz, or Disabled.
The Treble Frequency can be set to: 4KHz, 8KHz, or Disabled.
The Gain can be set to -12dB .. +12dB
On Spike 2 the Shelf Frequency and Gain can be set independently for
the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
"10 BAND EQ": A full 10 Band EQ is applied to the audio output.
Sliders are used to adjust the Gain of a specific range of frequencies.
The Frequencies are: 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 4KHz,
8KHz, 16KHz.
The Gain curve has a 60dB dynamic range across the -120 .. +120 Slider
settings.
On Spike2 the Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet
speakers.
Allow the knocker sound effect to play completely when a replay is
awarded during the last ball bonus and ensure the normal game
volume is restored.
Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.

Apparently their top men took off for Covid 19!!

#7733 3 years ago

Ok need some Specific help.

I start a game in my LE and then I enter the secret mania code before I launch the ball. I then get “welcome to Munsters”.

After that I immediately shoot Grandpa VUK twice but NO dice on starting secret mania. I can’t figure out how to trigger it.

Also is it repeatable - can you replicate it every game?

Can someone video what they do and post it?

Thx!!

#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The prior big issue with Backbox lighting:
- Removed Backbox GI from lamp effects.
It heavily reflected into the glass and onto the lower PF, making it harder to play.
Really hoping that Dwight has much more coming. These little tweaks can't be what John was talking to me about. This game deserves so much more. Everyone, please directly email Dwight your ideas or complaints: [email protected]

Lots of ideas here. Send the link to Dwight.

#7752 3 years ago

Ok figured our secret mania! Thx.

So while looking at playfield I see the VUK post behind Herman. Is this supposed to be level with playfield? I noticed mine below playfield.

Thx!

36EFF27F-40B2-4F81-A331-184A2D51067A (resized).jpeg36EFF27F-40B2-4F81-A331-184A2D51067A (resized).jpeg
#7754 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That post should be even with the playfield CPR.

Figured so...will have to see what’s up Tomorrow.

#7766 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Greetings!
Can someone provide me some insight into the best way to clean the Lower Playfield Glass/Cover? We're about 800 games on our Premium and it looks like there is a "fog" (collection of dust??) near the bottom of the glass/cover (near the flippers on the LP). I tried to grab a picture but it just doesn't come out very well.
Is it appropriate to just unscrew this piece from the PF and clean it as I would anything else? Or would it be better to open the pin up, raise the field, remove the lower PF and clean from there?
Any other help or shared experience on how to best take care of this Glass/Cover and the Lower PF? I feel like my Munsters is like 97% clean and well cared for, with the exception of the LP glass/cover. My search found some conflicting advice, so I would love to hear from folk on how they regularly maintain this!
Thank you!

If your window is level to playfield do NOT remove it.

Tilt your machine up and remove 4 bolts and 3 connectors and take the mini playfield out. Polish your plastic and your mini playfield wood and reassemble.

I have done both and much easier doing it the way I describe.

#7794 3 years ago

Nothing new on code.....

#7798 3 years ago

He did say at the beginning of the cast " He thought he was getting an new code" that makes me think they had something planned but there might have been some last minute adjusting going on.

Yeah I heard him say that - then at 10:20 in the twitch video he said don’t expect to much - only expect minor tweaks.

I think game is great and fun for me. I hope I regret this (& Dwight proves me wrong) but it does not sound like any major code drops coming...only minor tweaks at best. Hope the minor tweaks are very meaningful!

#7799 3 years ago
Quoted from finplanner69:

My LE arrives tomorrow. My first pin! So excited. First thing is to learn how to update code, see if my guide rail is bent and touching the opto, learn what a guide rail and opto are, and figure out what supplies/tools I need to get to care for my first baby.

Nice first game! Congrats.

#7809 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I sent Chas an email as was being discussed here. I have received a reply.
" I had one complaint so far. I am watching this issue".
I thought a lot of Munster owners were going to send emails.
Looks like I am there only one to have done so.

Not true -

734143F9-99D3-4F7A-92ED-9105F580A6C3 (resized).png734143F9-99D3-4F7A-92ED-9105F580A6C3 (resized).png
#7815 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Just got response:
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the pictures. We will work to resolve the issue.
Best regards,
Chas Siddiqi
Stern Pinball technical support
better than put a post behind

Any concerns so far with putting the new 3D post behind the wire rail?

How is the playfield holding up near the post? I know playfields had some issues and we are “loading down/putting force” on the post area now.

Thx

#7816 3 years ago

Is there a way to adjust Grandpa’s trough ejector power setting? Looks like you can adjust power for all flippers.

Thx

#7833 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Chas is trained to play down issues. He has plenty of emails and does not want to confirm anything. Future games will have a fix and if you are lucky Stern will make a kit for existing owners.

Chas did forward to John B. John’s recommendation is to install a post right behind the rail.

I said drill a hole through my playfield?!!

Of course, I will not do that. I will go with 3D solution above. Maybe if enough people email Chas Stern will do something. In meantime installing the 3D post!

Also looking forward to cabal report out in week.

#7834 3 years ago
Quoted from djWHEAT:

Yes it's in the Game's Settings. I believe they factory default to HARD, and I would absolutely suggest putting them to NORMAL (both the trough ejector and the flippers). NORMAL helps the flippers be a bit more accurate and hit better shots. HARD seems to just cause chaos.

I don’t see these settings- where are they? Post Picture? Only see individual settings for lower playfield flippers.

#7838 3 years ago

Installed my 3D post tonight also.

I added washer to bottom to protect playfield and I installed ball dead foam in the “crease” of 3D part. Works great - as long as it holds up it is a great solution. (No drilling holes in playfield - John B!)

See pictures.

Special shutout to mkk629 and cabal - thank you !!

Stern - if you are listening next time please come out with a fix and don’t design long rails - use 2 short rails!! This was same problem on Ghostbusters - are you not learning - same mistakes again and again!
21C7CDC1-086B-42FC-8B72-0EA5583660A2 (resized).jpeg21C7CDC1-086B-42FC-8B72-0EA5583660A2 (resized).jpegE73F236E-729B-4F87-84A3-E2ACF37249EB (resized).jpegE73F236E-729B-4F87-84A3-E2ACF37249EB (resized).jpeg68F3C4BD-5E0A-4D4A-B457-CEF6D4196E1D (resized).jpeg68F3C4BD-5E0A-4D4A-B457-CEF6D4196E1D (resized).jpegED144425-0231-45DD-9389-905CF7B35716 (resized).jpegED144425-0231-45DD-9389-905CF7B35716 (resized).jpeg

#7846 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

The Grandpa hole Protector fix is only the part itself, with no modifications. They just send out the same part again.
If you Problems before, the Problem will occur again.[quoted image]

Buy Cliffys protector instead! @cliffy

Passionforpinball.com

#7862 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So...my version of keeping the wire guide from bending...
I like 3d printed toys, but have never had luck when it comes to ball/ steel vs one. Steel always wins
There is a thin post back there already..switched to a star post ( not to hide anything ) then purple sleeve w 7/16 clear ring ( I'm using purple and glow Titans throughout). Couple dabs of hot melt on underside between the rubbers and they are positioned for life. Maybe a 1/64 gap between it and the rail...no way it lets it bend.
My rail was straight and not touching the opto to start...feel good this eliminates the chance ( just my take). Nice and tidy, and can't really see it when everything reassembled[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting idea.

Question- aren’t these the posts that dig in playfield clear. Also, maybe get a fatter rubber ring - it should fit sung against the rail. If you can get the rubber ring to fit snug against post you have a winner.

My 2 cents.

Also, the 3D parts that mostly fail are hollow for the most part inside. These 3D parts are solid print. But time will tell.

#7865 3 years ago

Well keep in mind I'm a noob so I probably committed a few cardinal sins. But the lower portion of the lower playfield was so hazy it was kind hard to play. So I used a 50/50 alcohol water mix that was recommended to clean the Stern HD glass on the LE and very lightly dappened an eyeglass cleaning cloth. I did some gentle small circles and by the time I was done the glass was clean and the white cloth was black. Finished product haze free.[quoted image]

That’s clear!

Anyone see any concern before I try this 50/50 mix?

#7867 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm sure it will be fine...I just had the parts and wanted to show another approach...no biggie.....

Always good to have options- nothing wrong with that! I like seeing multiple approaches in case the one I go with fails.

#7871 3 years ago

Clear I'm a noob or the glass is clear? Lol
Here is a before though not the best quality pic, but you can see the haze pretty clearly.[quoted image]

I wonder if the 50/50 alcohol water mix is taking off the old wax on top/bottom of lower playfield window. Making it shine.

Now if you wax it wondering if the haze comes back?

#7881 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here's the spray. Works great. Remember however, you will always collect a bit of dust, light film etc. after playing for awhile from mechs moving down there ( window to the underside).
Just another piece to clean on occasion...adds maybe 10 minutes to your main of cleaning
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I remember using this years ago but forgot.

Question, do you apply anything to plastic after this treatment? When you wax your playfield do you wax the lower playfield plastic plastic cover?

#7904 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well it wouldn't be from advanced players tbh, as the code as it stands is boring.
let's be honest! Reason why it's still for sale everywhere.
This is my opinion too. Munsters sitting here collecting dust atm.
Everyone Playing JPLE here...
But each to their own.

Your probably right on advanced players and we do need to see more code and theme integration.

With that said I would be 70% or more people are no where near advanced. Heck in my league 90% are not advanced. So they will never see the 3 levels of Munster Madness for example.

In addition, it is a very approachable machine, which makes the average player come back. More theme and code advancements will suck in the remaining advanced players.

Time will tell...

1 week later
#8043 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Hope he's not on TMNT, I have been waiting on some news on it but absolutely will not buy it if he is on the code.

Lot of people feel this way.
Shot him self in foot with comments.

#8075 3 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Those two rubber strips are for when the head is down and being transported so the side rails don't get beat up.

Yes agree. However the still need to move both inward 1”.

#8170 3 years ago

Wow - Stern continues to fail miserably on this topper - dang that is shit quality if you have to go this far for new item.

You would think with the first round being a major disaster they would have improved quality.

Is no one even looking at these before they go out the door?

Stern where are you? Are you there? Are you listening to this?

Just have to say - WOW!

#8193 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Wow I want a topper but I am afraid now with all the mess, part of me says get the topper before they are gone for good and part of me says stay away nothing but problems for the price! I am shocked in the quality of work Stern puts into these. They should be ashamed and embarrassed at this and we should stop buying into their Junk! Everyone that has a topper should email them and let them know their frustration with this product. I can’t understand how they can sell something that doesn’t work, if a retail store sold something from a manufacturer that didn’t work they would pull the product from the shelves and give refunds. No one should buy a topper and have to do work in order to make it work right plus taking the risk of further damaging the topper. Horrible Quality control and flat out wrong!

Exactly - are you guys emailing Stern (forget the distributor at this point). Email please!

Don’t do it - wait to buy. Buying one now is still a gamble until better more reliable integration is done (of course that requires more code). Also, the level to which these toppers have been torn down is crazy. Long term reliability is very questionable.

#8218 3 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

Got 10 more Munsters toppers in today. They can be ordered from our website https://www.classicgamerooms.com/pinball-parts/munsters-pinball-machine-topper-detail.html

What’s the return process if they don’t work out of the box and do you pay for return shipping??

#8220 3 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

They are warranted by Stern. Typically Id have Stern send an RMA and label for repair request.

Ok thx.
I will wait to bugs are worked out.

#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

If you notice
Even Sterns Video of the Topper shows that the Raven pops out and returns.
Raven and the door do not even go back to a home position.
Shows how much they care.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/munsters-topper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=pVrpc1zhwMc
P.s where's Lily omg....

Wow - you are right...

#8319 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I fire Munsters up for same game play. I have my clock set so that Midnite Madness comes on sometime in the afternoon. I'm playing along and, shoot a ball up the left orbit. At that point in time, my pin goes dark so I am thinking Midnight Madness. The ball comes down the other side and drains. I have no flippers. I have nothing.
Munsters has locked up. All my feature lights go dark. The only thing burning is the back glass and the LED monitor. And down in Grandpa's Basement there is a small red light lit on an optos board. That's it. Dead pinball machine. The first thought is what is going on? The 2nd thought was how much was this going to cost?
Turning the pin off and back on solved the problem. But the question is: What just happened? What was this all about?
Any thoughts? Ideas?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

New feature in the code: “Darn, darn, darn Madness” mode

1 month later
#8562 3 years ago

Did someone mention a code update was coming soon?

#8569 3 years ago

Just sold my beautiful Munsters LE. Check out Pinside - there is still love for the game - sold quickly.

With that said, I could not hang on any longer. On to my next game - will see what becomes available later this year.

Maybe one day I will be back in the club. Hoping for all Munsters gets some more love in the future.

#8587 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Name one pin that has gone out the door complete by Stern? Never has happened. We have years of Stern history and the interview to tell us it is not done. We all know it needs work. Why do people keep denying that here on Pinside???
People also keep saying buy a pin based on what it is...well if we did that, no one would purchase an LE or any model for that matter for at least up to 3 years latter. GB was not done, even though indicated code number wise, for many years on the extreme side.
Dwight knows that we have been somewhat cheated by the lack of code/TV show material depth on Munsters, which none of us knew when $9k was dropped on a Munsters LE. If what you’re saying were true, “code is basically complete when it goes out the door”, LE sales will stop in the future. There are so many examples to back this up.
If Dwight were not to finish Munsters, he knows how bad his legacy will become in the world of pinball. If it were coded to the standard of all his other machines, people would not be dumping it at low prices. Dwight is a top notch coder and knows how good Munsters should and could become. He’s not done with it by any stretch of the word, nor should he be. He stated well in his interview, how important to us home owners a deep and satisfying game is and that if Stern does not take care of Munsters, this will send a signal to all of us to stop buying Stern’s. But Stern is a good company and wants to please us their customer and will deliver, based on years of Stern history backing up what I’m saying.

Everyone should listen to the complete interview. While I agree that Dwight did say people like deep code at home he also mentioned in another part of the interview Munsters was mostly done (near 100% at release).

I am sure they will add a bit more at some time (more clips); however I would not expect more modes, etc. If that happens it would be a game changer.

I used to say people will remember this or that and not buy Stern (like releasing 600 Munster LEs or playfield issues)....but...:people keep buying sight unseen on most LEs if they like the theme.

If Dwight was worried about his reputation OR if Stern was worried they would not have put Dwight as lead on Turtles! So that does not hold water - people signed up for Turtles regardless of how good or bad you think coding was by Dwight on previous games.

Also, I did not dump my LE at a low price. I got same price as the sale of my DPLE and I got more for my Munsters LE sale over the sale of my GBLE and Guardians Galaxy LE.

#8588 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Our Munsters game has not been abandoned by Stern. Stern loves it too and wants to sell more over the next 3 years. It will get the much needed code update!

For everyone’s sake I hope you have some major inside information. If not, that would be a shame!

#8594 3 years ago

For me it's not that. I'm more upset at all of the multi player bugs and the fact that there is almost no difference between levels 1 2 and 3. The game feels completely unpolished. Stranger things felt very similar to me when it was released but the care has been put into that one to refine and improve on the existing modes. Munsters never got that. I'm not asking for a complete revamp. Make what is there more special with care that you would expect from a 6k purchase. The game was walked away from and that is clear.

Agree - forget any big overhaul of code, they released this game 1.5 years ago now.

Stern chose to put Dwight on TMNT - instead of polishing Munsters. Shame on Stern. My DPLE (for example), got plenty of polish (Tanio was not taken off the game). Not Dwight’s fault, pure Stern greed on this one.

Plus fixing the topper integration code.

With that said, I think they will get to it - hopefully not 2 years from now. Another GB in the making - just tough to hold on that long.

#8596 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This sounds like a Stern apologist. At $9k Stern does owe us to do what they’ve done on every game before and after, except Munsters. POLISH AND IMPROVE THE CODE! On Munsters there has only been a few meaningful code updates. Yes, we must beat down their door if they won’t listen any other way. Munsters is an awesome game and overall machine. It is a travesty Stern has ignored it so long!!

Or like others have done - either accept it as is OR move on. As they say life’s short.

#8598 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I just wish they would say say they are going to do an update or not. How hard is it to tell people.
I know they read Pinside just let us know one way or another.
I don’t plan on getting rid of my LE until my final payment is due on Rick and Morty and I have a long wait I’m #647 standard version so I have at least a year and a half.

If you are going to move it on - I would think now vs later would be better (from a price standpoint) as there are still many people that are interested.

FYI - when they do another run of color premiums later this summer that will hurt the value.

#8603 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then why did you buy the game if it’s unpolished to you?!?

For LE owners I will say in all fairness Sterns business model (until very recently) has been to hype the shit out of the game and sell LEs out long before code hits 1.0 or greater.

Stern is trying to change this by releasing games at 1.0 (as of very recent); however most people buying LEs still expect decent code updates. That was Sterns long-standing business model!!!! Hard to think past what they created.

Unfortunately for Munster LE owners the double hit / change happened at same time. Stern sticking to new 1.0 view (code is “done”) and Munsters was coded as a simple coded, throw back machine.

Let the data speak....review the LE read me files on Sterns website and you will see “healthy code updates” on most of their recent games post 1.0. Unfortunately not for Munsters LE so far. This is from a longtime LE buyer of many Sterns (well .....no longer). Sold 5 of my Stern LEs in 18 months!

Fool me once...never again.

I will buy used LEs or wait for the premium.

#8640 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Yes, I agree.
I bought a Pro NIB because I didn't value the lower playfield enough to pay the Premium price.
I also really liked the art on the Pro better. It's nice that the cabinet art is different on each side.
We are still enjoying this pin a lot, even though we've added several more pins to our collection since our purchase.
Would I love more show integration like BM66? ... ABSOLUTELY!!!
But it's still a fun, great shooting pin for a novice like me!

For most of us that are novices this game/code is deep enough.

1 week later
#8691 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

People complain about Munsters being terrible rules. While not perfect I agree something just is missing.
Much of the complaints really stem from Pro and it's super simplistic rules. I think the premium makes up for
this a bit with the Lower Playfield game.
This game does have a lot going for it. #1 Fun music / Fun Callouts / Beautiful art and enduring theme.
Let's say we had a chance to make this game better. How might we achieve that in this game?

#8700 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would be great for all their releases to be done like this. Feature complete. Don’t expect anything else but scoring balances and bug fixes. Maybe people will stop buying games with the hopes it becomes a game they love eventually. Wishful thinking I’m sure.

As long as I have been in this it would be a first for a pinball company especially Stern to release complete!!!!

Wait then again you can call anything complete as long as people keep throwing money at new Stern games. When the money train slows nothing will be complete.

Just the way pinball works.

#8706 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

All EM's came complete. No waits or dreaming of updates to game play. What you saw is what you got and the game was done. No whining either because no world wide interweb. That's the way pinball used to work.

So true! No code to worry about!

#8720 3 years ago

More polish for wrong game!!

Maybe Munsters is next Dwight?!
9FFE95EC-23C5-4C19-B168-579FA75244E6 (resized).jpeg9FFE95EC-23C5-4C19-B168-579FA75244E6 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#8747 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I asked the question last night to Dwight himself on Flipnoutpinball Stream. The Code is what it is! Consider it done. but you never know down the road what the future holds. I love my Munsters LE. That’s what counts

Thanks for posting! (& ouch that was a kick in the balls).

Well that kind of settles that, time to move on past the whole code debate - “consider it done”.

#8761 3 years ago

Lots of hoping is not going to make it reality. Time to bury this code nonsense, or if it bugs you that much sell the game, you will sleep better! Life’s short.

#8798 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

so TMNT just went to 1.10.....Munsters at 1.03.... come on....give us some love..... lol

Consider it done....

#8823 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Made a trade last weekend for a NIB Munsters Pro. The art is amazing, and it is a super fun, relatively easy machine. It is the perfect yen to my JP yang.
Herman has what appears to be a really ugly injection molding blemish on the top of his head. When he shakes, it's easy to see. Before I bug Stern, is this how they all look?
[quoted image]

Yes

1 month later
#8927 3 years ago

Other - For Sale
“Munsters flyer signed by Butch Patrick (Eddie) nicely Framed. Signed “To My Favorite Pinball Wizard” Butch Patrick Shipping is $5 in USA”
2020-08-29
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 44 times

#8928 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Bought as spare brand new still in packaging - Mint. Shipping is $7 in USA”
2020-08-29
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 132 times

#8929 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Pulled from brand new Munsters LE. Mint condition. Shipping is $5 in USA”
2020-08-29
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 54 times

#8930 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “4 sale: extra lower playfield wire ramp and 2 protectors for lower playfield plastic ramp. Various purple rubbers for lower playfield including tiny flippers from Titan. Note pl...”
2020-08-29
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 110 times

1 week later
#8952 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Ready for wall hanging!! Munsters flyer signed by Butch Patrick (Eddie) nicely Framed. Signed “To My Favorite Pinball Wizard” Butch Patrick Shipping is $5 in USA”
2020-10-19
Saukville, WI
65 (OBO)
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 797 times

#8963 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Pro or premium? Would I regret not getting the lower play field?

FYI get a LE - hardly played - for price of a premium!!

Wow snag it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102293

1 week later
#9002 3 years ago
Quoted from Jasonba:

Snapped the stud off of the lower play field mounting insert. Before I dismantle any further, does anybody know if the stud is part of the black plastic.
Thanks in advance
Jason
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like those are “pem studs”.
You either have to replace the black ring (if cheap enough) or go to local machine shop.

another thought- call Stern to see if they send a replacement for free.

#9032 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters will get more love, says Borg, but until then, it is good fun the way it is. I’m constantly getting to level 3 now and think it still has that one more game feel to it. People who listen to the naysayers are missing one of the most fun games ever, imo. Go Munsters! And go Dwight in making Munsters great, not just good!

Code update is scheduled for 2022.

1 week later
#9054 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Ready for wall hanging!! Munsters flyer signed by Butch Patrick (Eddie) nicely Framed. Signed “To My Favorite Pinball Wizard” Butch Patrick Shipping is $5 in USA”
2020-10-19
Saukville, WI
65 (OBO)

1 week later
#9083 3 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

FYI - The Munsters complete series DVD set is on Amazon for $17 for the next few hours.

https://archive.org/details/The_Munsters

#9087 3 years ago

For sale...

Mod - For Sale
2020-10-19
Saukville, WI
65 (OBO)

#9094 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New, Various parts. -Shooter Rod -Different color flipper rubbers -Mini-flipper rubbers used in Munsters lower playfield, Family guy upper playfield -Rubber posts SHipping in USA...”
2022-01-19
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 3590 times

1 week later
#9200 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Customer service reps can get really really busy fielding contacts from irate customers.
Did you ask for a reply when you sent your notification?
What were you expecting to happen that did not happen?

Sounds like Stern should just close down their email system like other companies- that would make things easier for them....

#9208 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed, there should definitely be more code updates for Munsters. Still at 1.03 and TMNT is at 1.22! Really Munsters was left at 1.0 with only 2 meaningful updates since release, as the .03 updates were three topper related. Most know that I’ve been harping on getting a real meaningful Munsters code update for quite sometime. I’ve never asked for any more code on the other many Stern’s I’ve purchased. It’s not fair of Dwight/Stern to leave it as an abandoned stepchild, when it cost the same as the rest that get many meaningful code updates.
I did receive an answer from John Borg that he felt Munsters needed more in the way of call outs and more love to the Munsters show material. The code is good the way it is, just way too shallow in many people’s opinions for the home environment. That’s why a “worst code ever” thread was created and the very reason Munsters is #87 in the top 100, while it hits on every cylinder, except enough depth of code show material. It could be so much more, if a little time was spent beefing it up to what we’ve paid for, like all other Stern games receive. Please Dwight @xavery, give Munsters the same care you give all your other fabulously coded games.
Munsters would and should be a top 10 game if the code was at that level. There really isn’t a much better shooter than Munsters or prettier art work. Lack of show material code depth and modes is the only thing holding it back. (Good on Spooky for giving needed code updates to their customers.)

Unfortunately Munsters code is baked just like the topper. They got darn close but left both hanging in completion and quality. Code could have made game top 25 game.

Oh well acceptable as is.

#9211 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

A Couple of suggestions....
What about starting a petition.. lol But seriously, there's probably enough of us here to atleast start and keep going a new Munsters code request thread.. I mean keep it going "every day".. And once it really gets rolling have all members email the request link to Stern on the same set day.
Or....
We can organize everyone in favor of new Munsters code.... Then choose a day, and have all of us email Stern all at once with the request.

While your emailing Stern send this link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight#post-4994045

#9257 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, please do so. Show me. And I will apologize accordingly.
I first ran into him as he was kicking ass over on the "worst code ever" forum where everyone was crying about the code and what a POS Munsters was. If he was championing for more code, I sure missed it because he absolutely was rabidly in love with Munsters as is, is my take on it.
I don't need more code. I am happy with how this pin plays 100%. I think John Borg and Stern did fantastic job. And as you recently noted, sales have been good.
It also seems to me that as time has passed the want for "more code" morphed into "more scenes from the TV show." I go over and play my friend's Batman 66 with all of its color clips from the show and within about 5 minutes it gets as repetitious as the callouts from Scared Stiff.
For me, it is the same with JP, Deadpool and The Beatles. The video that is there is there. The code is fine. And the games play fantastically. Add Munsters to the line up and nothing changes.

Here is one of his last posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/183#post-5928359

I think it represents his view over time.
Everyone can read and interpret from here.

RIP Who-Dey.
Play on pinball wizard in your next life.

#9287 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

For you all who are wanting to flood the Stern people with emails regarding code updates, understand the emails are as cheap as the band width they suck up.
If you want to have an impact, put your money where your mouth is. Send a Certified, signature required envelope to Stern's marketing dept. or send one to Dwight himself. It will cost you $7 or $8 dollars to do this, but it might get a little more attention than some cheap-shot email.
Just make sure you proofread your request letter before you send it off.

LOL - what are you smoking. Waste of $8 dollars. Call and send emails to Stern and your distributor just like you would do to any other consumer company. Stern is nothing special, they are a life brand company as they state. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion (good or bad).

If I had pealing paint on my new car, or my new kitchen table, or stitches coming apart on my new couch I am calling and emailing my distributor, the manufacturing company and anyone else who can help resolve.

Stern needs to step up on issues - communications is key (even if they don’t agree with you). Letting people hang is piss poor customer service. You don’t always have to send back an email. You can make a public newsletter announcement for example. Figure out how to communicate!

After reading your posts be a big person, step up and apologize to Thunderbird per your post instead of ranting on. I see 2 different posts above showing Who-Dey would have appreciated some more code.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, please do so. Show me. And I will apologize accordingly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 210.00
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
279 posts in this topic match your search for posts by cpr9999. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=cpr9999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.