P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg
munsters_black (resized).jpg
Munsters (resized).jpg
Munsters Cover (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#618 5 years ago

As cool as Midnight Madness is, kind of feels like a waist of a mode. All that coding, and being so good, and doesn't need to be "earnt" and is kind of "random" (ie. depending on when you play).

#624 5 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

Midnight Mode is nothing new and many games have it. But you can of course turn it of, ie. on tournaments etc.

Of course, was referring to all Midnight Modes, not just Munsters. It’s just seems more of a shame in Munsters because it seems to be short of mode variety. I don’t want it turned off, I want it on.

1 week later
#831 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just needed a lubed up ram.

Are you from New Zealand?

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

The hate that this game gets is laughable it just came out

Not seeing a lot of hate, just honest opinions.

#1029 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Finally.
[quoted image]

That is far and away the best looking Stern game to date.

Maybe best looking game EVER!

#1040 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Glad you have a haunted whatever.

The guy sounds like a bit of a d*head, but f*ck I'm jealous that he owns a haunted house and has it full of haunted themed pinball machines.

#1139 5 years ago

Ha ha I am going to try and magic erase it possibly waiting to hear back from my guy he’s on it

Looks like a quality control mark so production doesn’t accidentally install it on a game. Must be something wrong with it in the first place.

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from Hillel:

My distributor told me that Stern is shipping the LE's before the topper is done, and that it will ship at a later date. That doesn't sound right to me, especially when the Game Feature Matrix makes no mention of a topper. This will be my first Stern game, so can anyone tell me their history regarding toppers please?

The feature matrix is correct - there's no topper that comes with the game. Maybe your distributor was referring to the aftermarket topper that should be sold as an accessory at a later date. Sometimes the toppers are released very soon after the game is released, others can take years. Actually only Star Wars has taken years.....so far. Might be decades.

1 week later
#1532 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Dont get it? Did someone F up?
[quoted image]

Is that new code? What’s the current revision?

#1580 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Len Amin Monday. I payed it a lot today and noticed the the glass looking into the lower playfield was not flush with the playfield and changes the ball path.
Anyone else have this issue?

Cant speak for Munsters LE, but ACDC Pre vault has the same lower pf design. You can adjust the height of the window to be flush using the small screws (Hex??). I had to add some of the small rubber washers under some screws to raise it a bit, but was an easy adjustment.

My ACDC is as good as flush now, but there will always be a small ridge there.

#1587 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Musters not getting much love at the Stern Pro Circuit event today.

What’s the feedback?

#1596 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

It has only been picked for play a few times.

It’s probably a bit new. I wouldn’t pick a new game that I haven’t had a lot of experience on. Need time to figure out strategies for scoring.

#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

There's only one strat for Munsters right now. Stack jackpots, boost your multiplier and try to collect.

True. Too much risk/reward for comp?

#1600 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Munsters sld be a good comp pin ... great risk vs reward

I’m thinking too much risk vs reward?

#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Mine is also not flush, and alters the path, especially when slow. Not sure if there is going to to be much I can do about it..

It’s completely adjustable. Have you tried adjusting the screws? They have rubber bushings underneath so you can adjust the level.

#1618 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Headlamp AND sunglasses would be the ultimate sauce.

I hear the headlamp is the brand new release from Pinstadium.

Because the guys that use Pinstadiums now have their retinas so burnt that they find it impossible to see anything in normal light.

#1622 5 years ago

Lol. And Orion’s Belt 2.0 is an actual belt.
Seriously this guys the BOSS.[quoted image]

lol.

If they were shooting a documentary there now, he would be the "typical face of pinball".

#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Saw mention of that right after i posted, so now I am sure I can do something about it!

When you mess with those screws be very careful at first make sure the wrench is perfectly flush before turning or they will strip which isn’t a big deal but makes it harder to get back in they all don’t come “right out”

Yeh, be gentle. If you cant get the window high enough with the existing rubber O-rings, you can get some spares from Stern. On a couple of the ACDC ones, I had to add one extra O ring just to get it flush, but also so the screw was still tight enough.

#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you / someone describe flush?
(Think side profile). Should the plastic cover be level with the lower (B option) or higher (A option) part of the beveled edge
[quoted image]

If anything You want the plastic VERY slightly above the wood so it protects the edge of the wood.

#1629 5 years ago

And there you go. The Champ.
Note to self: wear flashlight on head from now on
[quoted image]

Holy Cr*p....Flashlight Gordon won. Love his work.

#1667 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've heard people say the lower playfield is awesome and ive heard people say its not fun. Can't wait to find out for myself. I think all 3 models are amazing personally.

Who-Dey in for a Premium?

#1754 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Modes and mini modes

Really hope Dwight has more side modes / mini modes in store. It’s exactly what this game needs.

#1865 5 years ago

For a game that’s got only a few “modes” it’s kind of annoying one of those is based only on the time you play it.

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Did this on both my Metallica and TWD because Coin Takers shakers are WAY too violent / annoying on full power. The PWM was cheap and easy to install.

Can’t you just move the weights so they’re more balanced?

#1929 5 years ago

Are you guys referring to the “I don’t like Munsters thread?” That’s nothing compared to what us B66 owners put up with. Always find it weird that people need to start a new thread about something that they could just express in a single post in any of the existing Munsters threads.

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just glad that garbage isn’t here.

True, keep the hate in its own thread.

It’s almost getting to the point on Pinside that we need an Owners thread and a Haters thread for any particular game.

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty much already there. I’m active in almost every new stern owners thread and I own 2 of them. Haha

Yeh at least the owners threads are at least pretty much guaranteed to be positive.

#2136 5 years ago

There was an earlier post about covering that lower pf ramp with Perspex to stop the ball hopping over the opto. Whoever did it, has it continued to work, and how hard was it to make? If it does work, stern should be releasing it as a service fix.

#2192 4 years ago

Aussie LE’s arrive Monday. Can’t wait.

Hope they fix this lower PF bug soon.

#2217 4 years ago

How the Premiums going at TPF??!

#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Keep in mind that the LE at TPF has "Pin-Stadium" lighting on both the upper and lower playfields...regardlees, the LE is a beauty!

Ohhh, that’s the problem....

#2297 4 years ago

Had a quick look over the LE’s at our distributor on Tuesday. Got to say it’s the most gorgeous looking game I’ve ever seen.

Stern have upped the cabinet quality also - the guys at AMD we’re saying it weighed a ton. Solid ply cabinet base, full Williams style leg brackets on all 4 corners and (this is new) black laminate inside and outside cabinets. Really nice finish.

#2334 4 years ago

Just set up my Le. Very impressed so far. Much more brutal with shorter ball times than what I’ve heard. No ball save takes some adjusting, but I like it. You get the odd longer game, but most are fairly quick.

Love the lower Playfield. Being in the middle makes it just feel like a small shrunken pinball machine (apparently Grampa shrunk it). As opposed to Stewies which is on the top right and therefore harder to control and not as engaging. And sure it feels like a miniature pinball, but that’s because it is. Not sure what everyone was expecting when they say it doesn’t feel like real pinball. That’s because it’s minature. If you just see it for what it is, it’s great. You can use all your regular skills down there except in minature. Which is really fun. And it seems to be worth playing points wise. You can qualify multiball down there, score jackpots. The shots are surprisingly rewarding. Really can’t imagine this game without the lower pf tbh.

The game is gorgeous. Build quality is really solid.

If any other manufacturer released this game it would be to universal praise. Really think there’s a lot of group think hate going on with this.

Very early days, but so far so good.
2342CC3B-A6B9-44B6-B65C-7F3FE8A35DDC (resized).jpeg2342CC3B-A6B9-44B6-B65C-7F3FE8A35DDC (resized).jpeg
C192CA59-ED62-4B92-97DF-BEBDF59EF9BD (resized).jpegC192CA59-ED62-4B92-97DF-BEBDF59EF9BD (resized).jpeg

#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

That Batman.....damn you man
MunLE looks great. Congrats.

Those 2 Franchi games together look amazing.

#2338 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you say its amazing with the collection that you’ve got then it has to be amazing because you got some killer games. That LE looks awesome!

I think you’ll love it Who-Dey . I’ve got all weekend to give it a good workout so I’ll report back on Sunday.

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Here you were worried for nothing.. i knew you wld like it... its a great game especially with the newest code. Its only gonna get better as its still early

Too much time reading Pinside was the problem. Honestly, all the physical Playfield “issues” that “plague” this game are truly non issues. The lower pf, the large targets, the movement of Herman all non issues. The laughtrack is a non issue, though likely they’ve adjust this.

Code depth could be an issue down the track but I’m hoping it evolves. In any case, it can be a brutal game, and most importantly it’s just fun.

#2371 4 years ago

Macca101010 shared a cool skill shot for PreLe: hold both left flippers then plunge. You need to hit Grampas scoop first then it releases a ball in the lower pf and the yellow super super skill shot is one of the shots down there (upkicker I think).

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That LE backglass really does look sweet doesnt it? I love that Munsters car!

Apparently it’s bad because the car faces left and downwards and someone is out of proportion and someone’s arm is wrong.

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This game is awesome! We love it. You will love it when yours arrives. The lower playfield is plenty of fun.. Franchi, Dwight and Borg have done a fantastic job
[quoted image]

Congrats Addicted. U know it should really be near Adams.

#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Stern is some big spenders on the le speakers....

At least 26 times more than they spent on Pro speakers lol

#2489 4 years ago

Couple of random thoughts after a few days:

- Haven’t decided yet whether I like the Jackpot cancelling thing. It’s clear now you need to use it to get a good score. I’m assuming the meter down the bottom keeps track of the jackpot level? I think it needs to be really obvious how much you’re accumulating in order to be rewarding. That jackpot shot (Dragula) is also really tough to make deliberately. Bounces in there more on random. Hey

- likewise haven’t decided if I like the zaps or not. May become irritating after a while.

- Dragula itself is a complete waist - I don’t really understand it and it’s actually just annoying.

- Eddie loops and Marilyn need something to progress to more than being just a few points. I think they need their own mode.

- love the lower pf the more I play it

- like the way the Lily target works in that you need to keep it “topped up” until qualified otherwise it starts going back down. Because of this clever use of the target, the mono-target is a non issue.

- spot, Herman, grampa and raven are all great modes.

- Ramps are fantastic - not too easy and really satisfying.

- Herman shot is tighter than It looks.

#2498 4 years ago

I think it would be nice to have some sort of final mode and more variation between levels and a Eddie mode
I am not saying I don’t like what’s here already,I do.
Someone said it here before that the game feels like it has a soul.
I agree.
Dwight is gonna add something special I can just feel it.
You can tell he put his heart into it for sure.Him and Borg
Whether it’s up your alley or not I don’t think you can deny that

I agree Space, there is definitely something in there. It's a little quirky, not just cookie cutter. Ive got a lot of hope for this one since I really like it.

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

At this point in time I would be happy if they would release a bug fix for the bugs introduced in .96

Yeh, I’m getting freezing quite regularly- mostly after grampas basement. The Machine screen gets frozen and nothing else registers. Is that what everyone else is getting?

#2533 4 years ago

What’s the bug reporting email for Stern again?

#2536 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have .96 on my LE I do not notice any bug . What are you noticing?

After playing grampas lower pf sometimes it freezes on this:
F983F7AA-9756-40D0-8B6E-970806A41050 (resized).jpegF983F7AA-9756-40D0-8B6E-970806A41050 (resized).jpeg

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. The code running at TPF was a beta level above .96. Dwight was aware of the issues (at least the specific ones I mentioned).

Which were those @jfh ?

#2551 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He’s wondering which specific issues you mentioned to Dwight I think.

Yep, just wondering if I need to report mine if they're already being worked on.

#2555 4 years ago

Got to say Munster Madness with multiball on both Playfield’s at once is the most unique pinball experience I’ve ever had. Trapping up on the main PF, playing the lower with the 2nd flipper buttons, then resuming on the main Playfield,l when the timer runs out, is a freakin blast.

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

So, who are the boyfriend and the mailman pictured in the out lanes? I am sure that it has to be someone at Stern...[quoted image][quoted image]

Mailman is John Borg, Boyfriend is Dwight Sullivan.

#2619 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

So what kind of high scores is everyone putting up? Mine is 238,000,000 on a pro with the outlane post lowered (doesn't help much),liberal tilt,10 second ball save and extra balls turned off.generally I don't break 100 mil.

About 210m fact settings, no ball save, tightish tilt. Was one character from 2nd MM on that game. Zap jackpots we’re up to about 500000.

You have to abort super jackpots and get multipliers to score decent points. It’s definitely a game about scoring points - not mode progression.

#2652 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i got her all set up and playing. It was a mother effer getting down the basement stairs, I'm not 20 anymore and its starting to show. I took a few pics but my camera sucks on my phone so sorry.
Ok, the black and white artwork ended up looking every bit as good as i thought it would, maybe even a little better. I did have a little scuff on the cabinet, not terrible but definitely a little disappointed in that. The black and white art package though is flat out gorgeous. I dont know if i like it the best or the color on the pro and the LE, they are all three beautiful so everyone is a winner regardless of which model that you have.
On to gameplay. Played my first game and quickly got into Grandpa's Labratory. My very first thoughts of the lower playfield was....oh boy i effed up, this is so not cool and feels like a cheap ass Wal Mart toy....NOT GOOD!!
So i open the coin door and set the lower playfield flippers to soft as others have suggested on here and praying to myself that this somehow makes a difference. Well thank God it did and its actually pretty damn fun so guys if you haven't set your lower playfield flippers to soft, make sure that you do this because it makes all the difference in the world. Is the lower playfield a must? Probably not but it definitely adds to the fun of the game no question about it. I don't neccessarily think its a deal breaker (after 10 games) but its cool for sure and it makes the game look beautiful also.
All i got to say for the haters is, if you cant find fun in this game then you are in the wrong hobby plain and simple. This may not the greatest game ever made, but it is absolutely fun as hell and its flat out beautiful. This game is a great shooting game. It has nice ramps and great orbits, love Herman and Raven multiball, love the show clips, the music, i love everything about this game and it will never leave my collection i can tell you that right now. If anyone is on the fence about this game don'tbe because it is killer. Gotta grab another beer and play some more!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Congrats! This thing is the heaviest Stern I can remember, even with the metal backbox. So maybe it’s not just because you’re getting old (though probably mostly because of that lol).

For me the lower Pf really came to life during Munster Madness. If you can try to play both playfields separately during MM, it’s one if the most satisfying experiences in pinball.

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I love backhanding Spot. So far Spot is my favorite mode and shot in the game.

Agree, Spot is cool. The Lightshow adds a level of difficulty though.

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So what are most of your guys thoughts on the no ball save factory settings? Im thinking i might like a short 5 second ball save. Love this game!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#2688 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I was just informed my game will be delayed a little, bummer. So temporarily can we stop posting how good the game is and post why it sucks so I can at least feel good in the meantime

This game sucks so bad I don’t play any of my other games since I got it. Feel better?

#2692 4 years ago

Getting that lower pf Grampas machine freeze again. It usually happens if you’re playing grampa for the second time on level one after finishing it the first. If you finish it again, The charge machine screen comes up and stays up even after the timer ends. Then you’re playing on the upper pf and the screen is still on the machine. There’s sound effects from the upper pf.

What’s the email for code bugs?

And if you get Raven as the last mode to qualify before Munster Madness it doesn’t let you re-start it like you normally can.

Also, they really need to do something with Marilyn and Eddie. They really don’t do anything.

#2699 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just got to Munster Madness. Its pretty much impossible to play both playfields at once. I thought my head was going to explode. This game rocks though!

You’ve got to trap up your ball’s on the upper pf. Then you’ve got plenty of time to complete a lot of shots on the lower pf.

It seems like chaos at first but it’s a really clever mode. To complete it you have to finish the 5 main areas again but during multiball (same areas as during normal play, ie Herman, spot etc.). But there’s a sneaky way to do it. The lower Playfield shots take turns at changing colour to represent the areas on the the upper Playfield. So when they’re green they count as if shooting Herman on the upper Playfield. You get 10 or 15 seconds per colour/area to shoot all 4 of the shots on the lower pf, then they change colour to the next “area”. Once all the areas have timed out or are finished, you can’t play the lower pf anymore, and you’re back up top.

Now if you’ve trapped up on the top and made a lot of the lot shots on the lower pf, all you have to do is shoot the remaining shots of each area that you couldn’t get in the lower pf.

Last game I only had one shot left to complete MM but drained.

The lower pf is very well designed and implemented. The 2 sets of flipper buttons are there for a reason. And the code that utilizes the lower pf is better than any I’ve played. I think it’s one of the best toys on any Stern game I’ve owned.

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok so how often are you guys getting balls stuck in your lower playfield? Ive played two nights now and had to get in there and fish out a ball both nights. Is this common or am i just getting that lucky? Luckily i have a telescopic magnet that i fish them out with, best tool in my tool box. Just make damn sure that you turn the power off first if you use one to do this.

Haven’t had one Who-Dey . Where’s it getting stuck?

#2737 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is a ton of fun and a great shooter. Just trying to figure out when i should cash in my jackpots and how many i should cancel out and stuff.

Yeh, it really needs to be clearly displayed how much you’re cancelling before you cancel. Like on B66 when you finish a villain you can cash out/capture or continue, but it shows you clearly what you’ll get if you capture.

And how much more do you get by cancelling and building up the value?

#2739 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So if you cancel a couple of jackpots and then drain your ball im assuming you lose all if that correct?

I’m not sure on that. I think the number of jackpots carries over ball to ball. (There’s the little jackpot counter at the bottom of the screen which I can hardly read lol). But I’m assuming the scoring doesn’t keep building up.

Otherwise there’s no point cashing in until the last ball.

It’s all a mystery - needs to be clearer than what it is. Hoping it will come with future updates.

#2744 4 years ago

The zap thing is actually growing on me - I thought it would be the opposite and get more annoying. Still not sure on what it does in relation to Super Jakpots though.

Anyway, some good info here:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Munsters-Rule-Sheet.pdf

And here:
http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781

Regarding cancelling the Super Jackpots, they do continue over ball to ball, and the benefit of cancelling appears to be that having more stacked increases the value of all of them. So by cancelling, you’re hoping to build up more Supers. So if you’ve only got 2 Supers stacked for example, more than likely you’ll want to cancel and hold out for more since 3 Supers for example will make all 3 more valuable.

And if you haven’t got the Playfield multiplier running, you’ll also want to cancel until you do.

I also read somewhere that hitting the scoop also increases base jackpot value.

#2745 4 years ago

Ok, the “Shoot the Machine” bug is pissing me off and making the game unplayable at the moment. Happens every few games and usually on a good game also. Going to give the Game a rest until it’s fixed.

No one else getting it?

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I havent encountered that i dont think, 57 games so far. Does the game shut down? If so i havent encountered it yet, .96 code i believe it is im running.

Just freezes with the “Shoot the Machine” screen after completing Grampa the second time. You can still make shots. But when you drain it does nothing for about 2 minutes.

#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok now that i know what im doing a little bit and what im wanting to achieve with these jackpots, this game has just became fun as hell and insanely addictive. Shallow code maybe but its a brilliant and fun code! Doesn't get much better than this folks!
I did experience the lower playfield bug today during a really good game and that screwed my eyes out and pissed me off....grrrr!! I'm also loving this lower playfield because it is fun as hell and the more you play it, the funner it gets and it actually has meaning and the shots take skill to hit!
Holy shit im stoked about this game. I feel like Spaceman right now!!

Yep, code has good bones and is quite unique.

And the lower PF is actually rewarding - even on the regular Grampa mode. Hitting Mystery actually gives out valuable stuff and awards one loop. Im always going for Mystery down there, but its the hardest of the 5 shots.

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I watched the original premium reveal where Dwight explained the code basics andseen those guys blowing up the Jackpots and then talked to my Chuckwurt about it a little more and now I have a better understanding. Now all i gotta do is put it all together in a game and make it happen. ....easier said than done but fun as hell trying!
I have yet to cash in big but im working on it and have been close several times. I honestly believe that i would have on the game that the code bug bit me in the ass. Heck i was loving the game even when i didn't know what i was really doing, but now i am just flat out having a blast with it. This code is NOT bad by any means. This shit is fun!!

As usual, the more i learn the rules, especially on a game that has good risk/reward, the more I have crap games followed by huge payoff games. But it’s worth it.

I think the best Sjp for me at the moment is about 22m - don’t know how many I had stacked, but multiplier was at 3x. I like that it carries over ball to ball if you don’t cash it in, especially on a game that can be pretty brutal without ball save.

#2773 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Most of the people complaining obviously dont understand the rules or havent played the game enough.

100% this.

#2779 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

I have hundreds of games on our Munsters, I understand the rules and am really not a fan of the code. I want to be able to play a game more than one way and that isn't possible on Munsters, if you want a good score the only way to do that is to stack jackpots and collect them with a good playfield multiplier. IMO for a game to last in a home environment it needs to have some variety to it, something that makes you want to keep playing it and something that keeps it fresh and Munsters just doesn't have that for us right now.

Also this. It’s a very linear design. Another example of this is when you’ve finished the 5 main modes, you literally have no choice but to enter MM by shooting the scoop. There is nothing else active on the Playfield. I can’t think of another game that does this.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Isn't game of thrones kind of like that with hand of the king and the iron throne? where it gives you no choice but to enter the wizard mode after completing X amount of houses.

Could be, haven’t had a lot of time on GOT.

#2799 4 years ago

And Premium LE:

LE/PREMIUM V0.98 - April 1, 2019
================================
Fixed:
- Fixed ALLOW SPOT ATTRACT adjustment. If off it will stop the toy from
raising in the attract mode.
- Fixed an issue where the grandpa background would continue to run after it
was over.
- Fixed an issue where tilt would go on too long after all the balls where
drained.
- Fixed sounds being called during test mode
- Fixed the timing of the Zap Jackpot background lamp effect. Zap Jackpot will
no longer show through when they should not.
- The Machine award screen will no longer stay on the display longer than it
should.
- Enlarging Ray can now be awarded from Mystery

New:
- Added an adjustment to disable the lower playfield.
- Added a lamp effect during Grandpa Multiball
- Added a lamp effect during The Machine
- Added Herman Multiball Jackpot lamp effect.
- Added Munster Madness Multiball Jackpot lamp effect.

Tweaked:
- Increased jackpot sounds during Grandpa Multiball
- Tweaked Shaker motor effect during Super Jackpot award sequence. It's now
less intense and it's more fun.
- Added more intelligence to Mystery. It will start something when the player
has less going on.
- If you attempt DOUBLE SUPER SKILL SHOT when you have GRANDPA LABORTORY lit
the game will give you extra lower playfield time to complete both.
- Cleaned up the much of the choreography pacing between DOUBLE SUPER SKILL
SHOT, MYSTERY, and GRANDPA'S LABORTORY.
- Made the skill shot timer not pause for inactive balls.
- Removed the feature adjustment - START GAME ON CREDIT. This functionality is
now handled by the system.
- Improved the volume and priority of the GRANDPA LABORATORY kick-out sounds
- Reduced how many areas are needed for the first set of areas in MUNSTER
MADNESS LEVEL I from 5 areas to 3. This will do two things.
1 - Average and lesser players will be able to get to the HURRY-UP
STAGE easier. Having a better chance to shoot for the Hurry-UP and
then see the rest of the multiball.
2 - Better than average players that can trap-up the balls and shoot
the lower playfield will have less of what is easy for them and be
more challenging overall. After the 3 sets of areas the player is
forced to play the whole game and put the ball at risk more.

Looks like they fixed the Grampa freeze thank god. Now back to playing.

And maybe they've nerfed the Munster Madness trap up on top and finish the mode on the lower Pf.

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree but now I get mini dimples.
[quoted image]

Aaaaww, so cute.

#2812 4 years ago

Would be good (for PRELE) if you could choose to cancel the lower pf mode for the 2nd time (on the first level) if you've already completed it.

#2872 4 years ago

Just installed new code and had a decent game. Seems to be allot of new light effects - particularly making jackpots on the lower pf now has really cool light effects on the main pf. Makes them feel more integrated.

I’m sure I heard quite a few new sounds but can’t say what they were.

Machine freeze is gone.

Really enjoying this game. Shots/layout are fantastic. Like the basic code structure.

My code wishes:

- Would love to see good variation between level 1, 2 and 3 modes.
- Some sort of side modes - like eddy, marylin and Dragula. That are good for points, not just Supers. For starters, Just bring midnight madness in as one of those modes and make Midnight Madness a scream or something.
- super jackpot needs to show what your cancelling (points value) and what multiplier you’re running at.

I’d be really happy with all that. Please Dwight. This game is straight up fun. Take it to the next level!!!

#2888 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Any further opinions as to whether Pin Stadiums enhance the LE or Premium (lower and upper play fields)? Especially now that the code update has enhanced the lightshow?

There’s a post with them installed here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/57#post-4929576

I think you can tell from the downvotes what the overall opinion is, but you can make your own mind up.

#2973 4 years ago

A Super Loops Eddie mode would be cool, like Loopin Supers ramps on GB. That was one of my favorite modes in the game.

And make it worth good points.

So that, and bring Midnight Madness in as a main mode - maybe Marylin Madness or something.

Some variety between the 3 levels, and a big wizard mode for finishing all 3 levels.

Done.

2 weeks later
#3415 4 years ago

The b66SLE ones are lit. Pretty sure the Pinball Life ones aren’t lit.

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm so happy mine is gone. Got a MB and couldn't be happier

Thanks for the update....

#3447 4 years ago

Anyone got any ideas about Grampas Enlarging Ray mode? Have only ever got it from Mystery. Can it be earnt outside of Mystery and what is it? Is it new in current code? Didn’t see it on the old code.

#3466 4 years ago

Munster Madness on the PreLE is one of the coolest modes I've played. I don't really see it as a wizard mode - more of a regular mode. So it should be achievable every few games like it is IMO.

There's a lot to like about the code on Munsters. There are some really great moments - like MM. Like Spot Jackpots when you complete - right ramp, left spot bash combo, like cashing out 6 SJP's with 5X running, like no ball save on Raven MB, but being able to re-start if you can hit the ramp in time, like building up Zap jackpots.

We just need more of it.

#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Looking at everyone's high scores for modes and overall- am I the only one that changes initials from 3 to 10 characters?
You can do it on all Stern games since about POTC....

I find it annoying when it’s on 10 characters, much prefer the 3.

#3601 4 years ago

I am others would agree,that MM multiball seems pointless with no control
I am on the fence about that still
If you hold ,as suggested many pages ago,the upper and play grandpa till it forces you back up then down again there is a way to play it out
Finally a game that had me kicking stuff around the room
Edited for just general negativity ha ha

Just had a nice game also @ 248 ml. Managed to get 5x Playfield started before going into Munster Madness. Trapped up on upper pf. 172ml just from Munster Madness. Been cashing out jackpots more regularly lately - if I’ve got 3+ and at least 3x multiplier going I’ll cash it out. Much more satisfying.

#3604 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

What are owners doing to remove the dust from underneath of the lower/mini playfield? remove the lower playfield or remove the clear section of the main playfield?
cheers

Just cleaned it this afternoon MANTO1975 - undid the torque screws (t10) from the top, lifted it out and cleaned. Made a big difference.

#3616 4 years ago

Ok so now that I'm back on my feet again, taking a stab at making yet another mod. This is my mark up model, input and thoughts would greatly help.
Going to make spot more pronounced going to light his eyes green which will be on steady, and the fire from his nose when spot is hit. In addition not sure yet but also thinking about maybe a soft green light in his mouth like some images I have found. Thoughts????[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds great.

Was literally looking at spot yesterday thinking he needs to be lit. Was actually thinking a Bicycle Girl style spot light was needed, but your idea might be better.

#3666 4 years ago

Marty on Head2Head podcast said he’s play testing 1.0 beta and it’s not a major re-work of the code. Having said that he said he’s really enjoying it.

#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

What is the limit on multipler? How do I know where I'm at once there 2 & 3 are lit?

6x. Was just thinking that also - how to tell once above 3x?

#3688 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

But I keep adding after both those are lit?

At a guess, 4x = both lit, 6x = both flashing??

But I’m completely guessing. All I know is both lit and/or flashing is over 3x .

#3812 4 years ago

Just listened to the latest SDTM podcast and the guys also couldn’t understand where all the hate for this game was coming from.

Makes me laugh in the other bitch thread how everyone complains about shallow code yet 99% of them could never get near to the end of “deep” games anyway.

Was playing Met and Munsters this afternoon and it was such a nice contrast. Compared to Munsters, Met almost seemed a grind to get anything going. Munsters was almost instant fun. Difficult to blow up, yet easy to start the fun.

#3881 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Played two games tonight, got to Munster Madness on the second game. My 1st M/Madness experience on the new game and what a blast that was. Totally blows away the Pro in terms of managing both playfields. Can't wait to experience M/Madness again, hopefully very soon!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Get your multipliers cranked up before you start MM Pinhead and watch your score skyrocket.

#3922 4 years ago

All versions of the game are gorgeous. Wasn’t so long ago we’d all be drooling over any one of them. Now we’re spoilt for choice.

Nothing new in Stern offering multiple art packages for a premium. Was pretty obvious they were going to do it on this one.

Feel a little bit for LE buyers who only bought LE because of the colour or B&W buyers who recently bought because they thought it was the only other option.

Personally I prefer the whole LE package, and that’s why I bought it.

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

You basically just said the same thing you down voted me for.

I was just disagreeing that it affects LE owners.

Quoted from gac:

LE owners... yes, I think they are affected.

Doesn’t affect me at all as I prefer the LE package overall.

Was just saying it affects both LE and B&W Pre owners only if they made decisions based on the assumption no other Premium would be made.

#4024 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I bought my LE used so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can see where LE owners could be just a little chapped.
[quoted image]
There was/is a $1500.00 price difference for 600 units. For the extra $1500.00 you got,
[quoted image]
As far as the autograph goes, it looks like some scribbles; Yeah, I know, I can't read my signature, either. This would be some new hire's idea to squeeze some extra zero-cost items that might sound good to a new buyer. It is a waste of ink and bandwidth.
The sequentially numbered plaque might add some extra value, but only as a sales tool.
1) So, what did you get for $1500.00 extra?
You got an invisible play field glass...................................................................................PDI glass costs $300.00, plus you will pay for shipping. I don't know how much shipping play field glass costs, but along with Spot, Herman, and Lily being boosted, the USPS has doing a good job of boosting its rates. I'll say $50.00.
So, $350.00 for a nice play field glass. Retail pricing.
2) A Shaker motor. I turned mine off. If it would not destroy originality, I'd remove it and sell it along with a couple of boat anchors I need to unload. Stern RETAIL pricing for a shaker motor you install yourself is priced at $99.00.
3) And you can buy LE style blades for $79.00 retail. Granted, they are B/W to match the Premium, but it is the same pattern as the LE.
So, grand total of the above is $350.00 + 99.00 +79.00 = $528.00
Take the $1500.00 LE price differential
$1500 - $528= $972.00
For the extra $972.00
1) you got a mirrored back glass.
2) An exclusive cabinet motif
3) And a colored play field.
So, now, with the Premium colored play field, the only exclusive item left for the LE owner is the back glass. So, for $972.00 extra, the LE gets an exclusive cabinet design, mirrored back glass, an LE plaque #?? of 600.
I figure the plaque is worth the money it took screw it onto the back box.
The LE is finished and we are left with three colored cabinets. If the colored Premium sells for the same price as the B/W units, then I would not assign very much value to the LE cab design. I'll be generous and say the LE cab design is worth $100.00.
Unless I have missed something, that mirrored back glass is costing $872.00 extra.
That is a fairly expensive back glass just for trumpeting exclusivity.
If Stern does decide to sell LE style colored blades for $79.00, then a colored Premium will be pretty much an LE with a little different colored cabinet and a little bit different back glass and no PDI style glass and no shaker motor
Put them all side by side, and for the cost savings I would have taken a colored Premium for $1400.00 less and let the LE slide. And then I would go buy a PDI glass for $350.00. So, a colored 2-level play field unit will cost $7600.00 + PDI glass @$350.00 for $7950.00 total.
It is in the neighborhood of $1000.00 less for a colored Premium. I don't need a mirrored back glass for an extra $1000.00
I can see why some LE owners are just a little disenchanted with Stern with the colored Premium slide.
[quoted image]

I dont see anywhere in that photo that sais "exclusive full colour playfield". The rest is well known by all LE users when they order.

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Agreed. I posted that very detailed layout of the supers and how much they are worth and I bet like 5 people care. Haha

Make that 6. Link?

#4152 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Filter this thread for my posts. You’ll see it.

Sure.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/64#post-4947967

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight was gracious enough to help me clarify the Super Jackpot stacking. Base value is $350k in current code (used to be $500k), then for each time you hit the scoop (unlit) it increases by a small amount (not sure the amount, but small like under 10k). See below for the value of the collect depending on how many you have stacked:
1 SJP = 1x current super jackpot value
2 SJPs = 3x current super jackpot value
3 SJPs = 6x current super jackpot value
4 SJPs = 10x current super jackpot value
5 SJPs = 13x current super jackpot value
6 SJPs = 15x current super jackpot value
7 SJPs = 17x current super jackpot value
8 SJPs = 19x current super jackpot value
9 SJPs = 21x current super jackpot value
10 SJPs = 23x current super jackpot value
These values also can be multiplied by up to 6x from the playfield multiplier.

#4155 4 years ago

Any one know what all the Supers are and what’s required to get them?

Someone posted in the code thread it would be great to know which ones you’ve collected and which ones are left to collect.

1 week later
#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Got lucky and was awarded Enlarging Ray from Mystery on ball 1 in the lab. Had a good run from there to get the 3 Grandpa super jackpots lit right out of the gate (Mystery, Grandpa, Enlarging Ray.)
Ended up with 8 super jackpots at 6x playfield during Raven multiball on ball 3. (The game said "you have ALL the super jackpots lit" so I got really excited, but I definitely did not have the Spot or Marilyn super jackpots lit.)[quoted image]

Just snaked you both; 8 SJ and 6x. So much fun.

B71DDB03-A3CC-4522-BF1E-2985B2A7110A (resized).jpegB71DDB03-A3CC-4522-BF1E-2985B2A7110A (resized).jpeg
#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nice job Crooked! Cashing in the jackpots is a lot of fun! What is your highest GC score so far?

You calling me a Crook Who-Dey ? Just because I beat your SJ score lol.

I’m at 248m (no ball save) for GC. Got most of that on MM with 6x running. What’s yours?

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If i told you my high score i would publicly humiliate myself.
Lets just say its a lot less than yours, like 110 million less lol. Im going to push for a 200 million game though. I can do it i think. I do have a ball save of 7 seconds on my game though. 248 million is crushing it!

Not sure if the ball save makes a huge difference for most games. I think if you’re having a good game you’re probably not making making any use of it anyway.

#4374 4 years ago

Just put up this - 250m of it was on MM with 6x running.

12314DB4-8F81-4060-94ED-EB2D788AD084 (resized).jpeg12314DB4-8F81-4060-94ED-EB2D788AD084 (resized).jpeg
#4420 4 years ago

I wonder, bringing Midnight Madness into main game?

Edit: or topper more likely.

https://www.facebook.com/1359540837/posts/10214207654769534?sfns=mo
2CF2E0D2-11CD-4EFA-AD0B-3B9B9FAB4F34 (resized).png2CF2E0D2-11CD-4EFA-AD0B-3B9B9FAB4F34 (resized).png

#4423 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Raven is saying NEVER MORE?
That's not a great sign is it?

Really? Didn't hear the sound. Yeh, doesn't sound promising if that the case. Seems like and unusual post for John Borg though.

#4425 4 years ago

I think you guys are reading too much into that clip , then again maybe he is implying nevermore about doing a machine again with Dwight LOL.

Cracked it.....He's never more excited than what he is now about the huge code drop that's about to happen. lol

1 week later
#4521 4 years ago

The topper is almost black and white anyway? Sort of greyscale. Should look good on the B&W premium. Maybe even better than on the other versions.

#4533 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I finally made it to Munster Madness again last night, i was starting to wonder if i was ever going to get there again. I only ended up with around 75 million points and i left 7 super jackpots on the table, had my 6X playfield lit and everything, all i had to do was make the Dragula shot and it would have been a pretty nice game.
How are you guys playing Munsters Madness that have the lower playfield? I try and trap the balls up on top and then play the lower playfield. It seems like that would be better than just blindly flipping away at both playfields right?

But the lower pf has endless ball save, so you may as well use that with no risk until it kicks you out. I use my upper pf ball save to make a few shots then trap up before the upper pf ball save runs out. Then finish as much as I can below - no risk there.

#4539 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Doesn't that directly take away from what the entire "play upper and lower at the same time" (end/ wizard mode , hoo haa) was designed for. The one thing that separates this game from others?

Actually the opposite. The beauty of having the double buttons is that you can separate upper and lower play. This is what’s unique and the code encourages you to try and control the chaos. It’s not easy, but once you perfect it, it’s a blast.

Just flipping both sets of flippers trying to make shots defeats the whole purpose of having them running together yet being able to control separately. If the point was to just flip both sets of buttons together, they wouldn’t have gone to all the effort of separating them.

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Well, this a club for current owners ( I thought that is what it meant to be in it)..so, not surprising that we may really like our machines and "are" pumped

Exactly. It’s also the only thread where those commenting have spent good time on the game and understand the rules. 99% of the bashing is from people who’ve played a few games then made their mind up based on what others have said on Pinside.

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But it does seem that Munsters owners are far more bothered by what they perceive as negative attacks by others than what you see on other games. That is what I find curious. It’s good that many enjoy the game as it is. Pinball is about fun. There should be no need to defend a game you love and yet Munsters owners seem compelled to do so more than most.
If I end up owning the game, I’ll be glad to tell people why I bought it and like it. But I won’t get defensive with those that don’t.

Are you serious?

More to the point is why are you constantly in the Munsters owners thread trying to convince us how bad the game is?

#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:Obviously reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, mate.

Likewise.

#4638 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

No one answered my post about stuck balls in the left Eddie orbit. Is anyone having issues with balls getting stuck there?

Not me.

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is our Munsters topper at folks?

In a galaxy far far away.

Sorry, wrong game.

#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

If the balls are getting stuck on the magnet, its quite possible your magnet is not flush with the playfield. That is what the large nut on the bottomside of the playfield is for, allows you to adjust the height on the magnet. You want to adjust it so the magnet top is flush with the playfield. Once you do that, the balls will no longer stick on it.

Just a footnote to this, you really want the magnet to be very slightly above the Playfield to prevent wear on edge if the wood. But not so much above that it causes air-balls. Just enough so you can feel it with your fingers.

Ideally, same also applies to the window of the lower pf, but obviously that also risks slight deviation of the ball path in slow moving balls.

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I met a young pinballer yesterday at an estate sale where a pin was for sale. While I was still looking the pin over to see if it was worth buying, the kid made his jump and was over writing a check. And as I am standing there with my flashlight, the seller comes over, quite unceremoniously, yanks the price tag and says, "this has been sold".
I wound up helping the kid get the pin broken down and loaded up for transport. He offers to buy me lunch and I accept. I invite him over to play my pins. He is a pretty good player. He is jazzed with my Munsters.
His first game he ran up 30 million points and got 7 Eddie Loops ! I have been struggling for many games now and have only managed 4 Eddie Loops.
Anyway, we both were having a good time. Then he mentions BKSOW and says it is a pin.
So, here is a kid, who knows how to play, speaking favorably towards both pins. There was no BS talk about code.
Just thought I would put this out.

Bet he wasn’t on Pinside.

1 week later
#4868 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. Let's talk about that. What is the sell number that has to be hit for a pin to not be a failure, in your opinion?
Moving over to The Beatles, Stern announced the numbers it would be happy with. 1,964 Beatles Golds were announced to be produced. Stern just set its bar right there. So, if Stern reaches that sales goal of 1,964 Beatles selling then only a fool would say Beatles Gold was a failure. The number we don't have is how many Beatles does Stern need to sell to break even? At what unit number does Stern start making a profit? Stern might be perfectly happy if sales stop at 1200, for example.
Taking the LEs out of the equation, 996 - 600 = 396 Munsters (Pros and Premiums) is the current pinside ownership number. Notice, I said "pinside ownership number". Get ready for a new acroym.....using "PON" as guide, Stern needs to sell 1,568 more Munsters to match the 1,964 Beatles Golds sales objective.
But we already know that Pinside PON is just one part of any sales estimate picture. We do not have any idea of how many sales have actually happened because (many, a few, a lot, gobs) pinball owners don't show up on Pinside and there are others with private collections.
I'll set the Munsters sales bar at that 1,964 Beatles number and AFAIK, 1,568 more Munsters need to sell.
Which takes me back to my opening question to you: What is the "sell number" that has to be reached before Munsters can be considered "not a failure", in your opinion?
And, also, how many Munsters that are not part of PON do you think have sold? Some around here are of the opinion that Pinside represents about 20% of pinball ownership. So, if the 396 can be considered a 20% ownership rate, then 100% would be 1,980 units sold. Already. If this sounds preposterous, then consider how all of the speculation sounds when it is all pie in the sky BS with no numbers estimates, at all. I mean, really, Stern is the only one holding all of the numbers regarding break even sales, current sales, costs and cost overruns, etc.
Adding the 600 LEs ( it is safe to assume that Stern has cut a fat hog with LEs sales) back into the mix and the PON of 996 units suggests to me that Munsters is doing OK in the market.
Don't forget, Munsters are still being produced and sold. And I have yet to read of anybody coming on and saying they just took delivery of their new Munsters Color Premium. So we still more sales to consider with that.
So, for the 3rd time, what is the sell number Munsters has to hit before you consider it not a failure?

Don’t feed the troll cottonm4 .......Still have no idea why non owners post in owners threads.

#4878 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In club threads it’s my understanding it’s for everyone that likes the game. I don’t own Munsters, but I love playing it.

That’s true, but the individual I was referring to doesn’t own OR like the game, so.....

#4880 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah true true. Club threads are all I have for new games that come out and I like them. The other thread(s) are completely garbage. There honestly should be a sub-forum for the garbage threads for each title. Haha

Yeh, that would be a great idea. A Hate subforum like the basement. You can elect to just have it not visible so those threads don’t even show on your “feed”. Then Mods can also move new hate threads that belong in there.

There’d be a group of Pinsiders that would only ever be seen in this subforum and that would make everyone happy.

#4914 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does someone have a link to Munsters topper demonstration in action?

I think this is all we have at the moment:

https://www.facebook.com/KanedaPinballPodcast/videos/2225990024334729?sfns=mo

1 week later
#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All i can do right now is just shake my head and say unfuckingbelievable.

I know, it’s 2 steps forward and 1 step back with Stern. Obviously they’ll look after everyone and eventually get it right, but they make life unnecessarily difficult for themselves (and their customers).

#5139 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I received my topper last Wednesday but haven’t had the time to open it up and install it until tonight . I’ve been reading all the issues with them but thought surely mine will be ok. Surely they didn’t screw up that bad ... and look what was the first thing I noticed....A HANDLESS CLOCK!!!! [quoted image]

And a wonky door...

#5140 4 years ago

Photo taken last week at the Stern topper factory...

sleeping_worker_1_f53910678a485ccd0b3fb814209c2d7a.fit-760w (resized).jpgsleeping_worker_1_f53910678a485ccd0b3fb814209c2d7a.fit-760w (resized).jpg
#5166 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just received update from distro. They've identified the problem and are assembling the "revised" version now (my "Rev2" must have stuck lol).
Sounds like toppergate will be a thing of the past very soon (maybe I'll change my lower wireform tonight..haven't had a stuck ball down there yet, but I'll lose the thing if I don't install it soon)...

Speaking of lower wire forms, anyone get rejects from the lower mystery shot? I do fairly often and it sucks because it’s a pretty hard shot - and usually valuable.

#5169 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What type of reject?

So the ball goes all the way up to the mini saucer but then bounces out.

#5174 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That happens to mine sometimes also.

So annoying, especially when going for Super Super Skill Shot.

BTW, anyone think that Super Super Skill shoot should be worth WAY more - it’s the hardest skill shot ever and only seems to be worth same as the Marylin Super on the right ramp. Only upside is that it also awards a mystery.

#5222 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do you know if timebandit could replace those mono targets with a drop bank? Similar to what he’s retrofitted to Ironman, Star Trek and other games? That would make Lily perfect and super satisfying.

TimeBandit ‘s system only works with Sam games. Last time I saw him he said it wasn’t possible (at least with his system) on Spike games. Doesn’t mean a completely different system couldn’t work, but I think the fragility of Spike was a bit of a worry for mods (ie how easy it was to fry boards and warranty etc.).

#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love this game so much! One change i would for sure make is to the Lily mode, its just too easy to complete and usually you complete it by accident. They easily could make that a better and more challenging mode. Everything else im happy with. Marylin and Eddie modes could probably have something done also to make them more fun i guess. Great game though, shoots beautifully and is super fun and intense. It also makes for some of the most competitive and fun play of about any game that i have ever seen when playing against other players.

One I idea really liked for this was a Lily shot had to be in combo with a return lane switch combo. So either hit a ramp then Lily, or just a normal return lane then Lily. Or shatz it if you’re good. That is really simple and would make a huge difference.

#5243 4 years ago

Why is there so much negativity about this game!?!?! Drives me crazy sometimes. People just make up stuff.

In the Black Knight SOR thread....

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

For me BKSoR is a home run and I'd like to get a good deal on a used machine. But while Munsters Pro seem to pile up for sale I didn't see ANY BKSoR

So I check the Marketplace and there’s like 12 Black Knight LE’s for sale already and only 5 Munsters Le’s and 2 Wanted Ads!!!! Haven’t seen groupthink like this on any title since the great Batman 66 code fiasco.

People are losing the ability to think for themselves and make they’re own decisions. But that’s not just a pinball problem.

#5255 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Unfortunately none of the "modes" are worth anything, the only real path to points is to stack the jackpots and collect with max PF multiplier.

Munster Madness with full multipliers is even better. Those are the 2 points strategies.

#5270 4 years ago

A couple of code things I’d like to see:

I don’t like that you can only access Enlarging Ray as a Mystery award on the Pre-LE. (It’s a normal mode on the pro I think).

Agree Spot is a wast of time points wise - which is a shame because that’s such a satisfying mode.

The 2 special modes - midnight madness and the mystery flipper code one. They need to be bought into main gameplay.

Edit: I know these have been said a thousand times before, but if I keep saying it, it might come true lol

#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

couldn’t resist the ramp purple light going in, with the green exiting ooze light, with 3D pipe;

They actually look really cool. Game doesn’t really need any extra mods but tempted by those.

#5288 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You're quoting me wrong on purpose or did you talk about yourself with that "thinking" stuff?
I wrote:
"For me BKSoR is a home run and I'd like to get a good deal on a used machine. But while Munsters Pro seem to pile up for sale I didn't see ANY BKSoR LOCALLY yet."
L-O-C-A-L-L-Y
So we have these neat little flags that show you wich country the person is from.
I'm from germany.
In the german Pinball Marketplace Forum there are and were the total of ZERO used BK Pro for sale. - I know that because I look that up every other day.
But I can get 5 Munsters Pro around me for 1000$ less then retail price since 3 weeks after it was released and noone buys them.
(Exaggerated of course, but theres allways one or two for sale.)
This is a FACT (locally!), like it or not.
And I am only talking about the Pro. People seem to like the Premium and LE.
(But not enough that the color Premium gets imported it seems. That as well as B66 Catwoman edition seem not to come to europe.)
Munster Pro is fine. It shoots well. I like it on location.
And it is EXACTLY what has been announced and what people wished for when Dwight overdid it for a lot of people with Star Wars.

I quoted you because your comment is typical of many other ridiculous comments on Pinside about Munsters. Don’t worry, Black Knight Pro hasn’t been our for very long - they’ll soon be languishing on the Nordrhein-Westfalen market as well.

#5293 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Man, what’s happened to Munster’s in the Pinside community.
There seems to be so much disdain or at least a prolonged divisive response for this pin.
In the worst rules ever thread, the dislike was designed to evoke similar responses. I may not agree with the subject matter and may throw out a few down votes; but I know my feelings will fall on deaf ears so I avoid posing in that thread.
The hype thread turned into a similar hate-fest.
However, isn’t the purpose of a Club thread to enjoy the positive elements of this game?
Yes I would like further rule enhancement & theme integration.
Hopefully, Dwight and team will deliver; but personally, I find the pin fun to shoot. It’s not a deep, complex pin, but delivers a silky smooth playability, has a fun mini pf, and fits as a suitable complement to my deeper coded pins.

Apologies for bringing that cr*p in here. Was to make a point like yours - that I don’t understand the hate on this game that seems to permeate every thread in Pinside, even if it’s not a Munsters thread, and seems to be the only game where people feel the need to create new hate threads about it. It’s even on the Facebook enthusiast threads - people personally insulting Dwight Sulllivan.

But bringing it in here just creates more negativity.

Back to Munsters fun.

Had a huge Munster Madness yesterday and afterwards had 8 jackpots ready with 6x running. Was at 210m before the jackpots.......and drained!!!!!!!!!

I might start a hate post on Facebook accusing Dwight of robbing me of my high score.

#5302 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You're making that crap up and should apologize for that to the people you're flaming.

Sent a pm instead.

Thread doesn’t need any more cr*p.

#5304 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Just so you know, I know Cooked71 and he doesn’t make stuff up and is a positive pinball enthusiast. Glad he is here. Think there might be a misunderstanding going on here.

Thanks Thunderbird .

#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

smacks of desperation.

What on earth would Who-Dey have to be desperate about???? Desperate that he bought and owns a game he loves??

#5357 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Update I received today on my topper (purchased from an authorized distro on e-bay):
Munsters Topper Update 8/9/19
Elliot, the designer of this topper, went over these that were returned with a fine tooth comb. There were revision made and they are actually building the new run starting Monday. ( they were waiting on parts etc) EVERY UNIT built will be tested ON A GAME before shipped. They said they are going to be extra cautious since so many had issues. They are 100% confident they found the issues. Long story short, there were mechanical updates to the Raven and assembly issues (wiring) as well. So as they build these the designer will be on the floor overseeing assembly and QC along with full and final testing. When Mark pressed them for an actual ship date they leaned more into the following week so they could run and test these on actual test games. They simply don't want another mess on their hands. These updated units will be shipped direct to you from Stern. Let me know if you have any questions. By the way, if you would like to contact Mark direct his email is [email protected]. just put Munsters Topper Update in the heading.

How is it MK6PIN ?

#5361 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Different "Mark" lol...I won't know until I get it back....I do think this will be amazing w the bugs sorted...

Lol, misread the post as “today I received my topper.” Was wondering why you were going into all this detail about how they fixed it but not telling us how it is.

#5382 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Contrary to what some say - if you call around you can indeed get a discount on a NIB Munsters. Distributors don’t make money holding on to excess stock (with rare exceptions). They buy the games from Stern in hopes they will sell through ASAP (in many cases drop shipping them). You will have to call - no one will put it in writing.
However, you will get a far more significant discount buying used and won’t pay tax (in most cases). If you want the game and like the current code consider this route.
I would not buy the game (new or used) based on the rumor that there might be a significant code update. Assume the code is essentially done. If something does come out, that’s a bonus but Stern won’t even consider a significant code update unless they are pressured by the dealers sitting on excess inventory (Stern has already sold produced games and supposedly cancelled another run due to lack of new demand).

Broken record. jfh you seem like a reasonable guy in other threads but I don’t understand why are you trolling this thread, which is for people who like or own Munsters, with your passive aggressive posts when you neither like nor own the game?

#5473 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You can buy a new, spare window if needed from pinballlife.
Nothing to worry about.

This, or put some mylar over the window. Either way, for home use it shouldn't be an issue for many years, or ever. For an operator, where the game is getting 1000's of plays it may be an issue. But even then you can just get a new window and easily replace it.

Maybe he was also talking about the gradual build-up of black flipper dust on the underside of the glass. That is minor and unavoidable, but can be easily whipped off when it annoys you too much.

Highly recommend the Premium on this - the lower PF takes the game to another level of fun.

1 week later
#5568 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'm gonna try on Monday Who-Dey. The bummer is that Luci is no longer in production, so I bet there's no playfields laying around. Maybe if more Luci owners have this issue other than me, they'll run more. Can't hurt to try right?

From memory the main Luci VE pf is the same as the regular AC/DC Premium Pf. I think only the lower pf is different. That may increase the chances of a spare pf lying around at Stern. Touch wood, I haven’t had any clear issues on my Luci VE, but that’s located at work and doesn’t get played nearly as much as my home games.

2 weeks later
#5668 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I would like to share an observation...Going back to the chipping, flaking discussion or what I now know is a "delamination" issue, at least in my case. I posted a photo a while back of what I thought was a chip, I recently decided to remove the "cliffy" to get a closer look at what was going on...if look close you can that the clear coat is lifting from the playfield along the outhole edge...if you look even closer you can see what appears to be a layer of mylar (not to be confused with the small piece in front of Grandpa's Lab)...look around the front corners. Was mylar bonded to these playfields and now prematurely releasing? I should also add that I filed those rough edges down around the hole and the "cliffy" fits much better...it may be my imagination but I feel as if I am getting fewer rejects when I shoot to Grandpa's lab.[quoted image]

Just the different layers of clear lifting - no Mylar.

But more importantly, look at how rough that hole is cut!!!! WTF?!?! Were they using a chisel to cut the ply that day? Whoever is making these pf’s for Stern need to go back to woodworking school.

#5673 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Look close at the front of the hole and you will see a small perfectly straight line that terminates in perfect curves around the corners...maybe I am wrong but I don't think that is the clear.

Oh yeh, I can see that now. Strange.

#5726 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I try to stay optimistic, hoping they do care...Getting harder and harder.
In truth, I've seen much more response from Stern than JJP in certain areas . Takes them awhile, but generally they've addressed the problems, especially for squeaky wheels.
I'm just in break mode from NIB....Believe it's safe to say the majority of pinheads have had their fill, and will be super cautious moving forward.
The frenzy has certainly passed, landscape will change, as substantial $$$ is off the table now. Can't bring in new people when the heart of the games are melting in front of our eyes.
Our "new shiny toys" have taken a hit

And then Elvira is teased and everyone is falling over themselves to get on the list.

In all fairness to Stern, they have ALWAYS, without fail, looked after me when I’ve had a problem. They generally don’t make blanket statements and you rarely hear from them directly. That’s why they use distributors - they need to earn their keep somehow.

#5744 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

12:40 am update:
Got pissed, and decided to take it apart ( on the machine... don't do this).
My clock wasn't working due to a micro switch not making contact to apparently recharge a cap that drives the motor.
3 hours later, I reassembled, worked great, only to watch it fail after 15 minutes...Switch is crap. I'll pull the topper off in the morning and put on my bench to replace the switch and reassemble properly.
Clock hand spins continuously when working right, just someone overtightened the switch screws...Everything else is still behaving. Pissed that I had to take it apart, happy the problem appears minor.
Had enough for the night...Will report tomorrow after I sort it out ( what we put up with for pinball!!)

Omfg. How is it that Stern can design and manufacture something as complicated as a pinball machine, but can’t get a topper working?

1 week later
#5910 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

A friend arrived for my Munsters a few weeks back. It's a Steve Ritchie classic and we are having a ton of fun with it as well. I can only imagine what some people around here would think of a home arcade with this lineup. Must be so boring to some people. Shockingly, I want to fill out my wall with an EM machine like Capt. Fantastic. Munsters will be my deepest machine by far lol.[quoted image]

F14 is a perfect example of a brutal yet shallow game that is a blast to play. Sits well with Munsters.

#5990 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Munsters under performed sales estimates and Stern isn’t going to invest in significant code without more sales.

Explain B66 then? Game sat for over 1 year with poor code. Beyond the LE’s and SLE’s initial sales were abysmal. I would bet more Munsters LE’s alone (600) sold than all B66 models in the first 12-18 months.

Yet Stern invested in b66 code until it became the classic it is today. Exact opposite to your theory.

Edit: and what about Ghosbusters? Game isn’t even in production and it’s had a huge code workover.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
5,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.