Topic Stats

• 3,180 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 674 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

93BA2991-7904-4AE5-8DF5-25D1B2A9AEAE (resized).jpeg
B1840475-233F-4AED-9634-A76AB1B2540F (resized).jpeg
8A3844D9-1012-4C89-8D04-60CE4A1739F0 (resized).jpeg
4B064944-34A7-4E7B-ABAC-663CA54FFC75 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190416_215939186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190416_215953930 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190416_220005075 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190416_182823220 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190416_182837218 (resized).jpg
A0F0F9E9-E796-460D-9C6E-25DB94DCA778 (resized).jpeg
Grandpa Scoop (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190415_201803 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190415-191258_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_20190411_191619 (resized).jpg
tm1 (resized).jpg
tm2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#489 75 days ago
Quoted from mpnox:

So a rules question:
If I start the last mode before Munster Madness, for example Spot mode, it gives me so little points playing the mode so I feel the most logical thing is to cradle the ball on one flipper and wait for the mode to time out. When it times out I can shoot the Grandpa scoop for Munster Madness multiball.
It kind of kills the last mode for me, or am I thinking about this all wrong?

If I know Dwight, the timer will stop after a few seconds and you have to hit something to start it back up. I believe scoring in Munster madness is affected by your mode success too.

#491 75 days ago

Try this and let me know if it does anything:

Lx1
Rx1
Lx2
Rx1
Lx3
Rx2

#495 75 days ago

Try Dwight’s initials:

XAQ

Lx24
Rx1
Lx1
Rx1
Lx17
Rx2

Okay I’m done. Sorry. Haha

#553 72 days ago

Yes. Need to be playing when it strikes midnight.

#555 72 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mr Chuck, have you done a Munsters play video yet? I have been keeping an eye out as I enjoy your videos but sometimes your up later then I am so I may have missed it. Get over to Bones house and challenge him to a belly punch playoff!

Haha. I’d love to destroy Bone at his own game. No stream of Munsters from me yet. But I am chained to my desk until tax season is over.

#572 71 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Not at all... its the rules of the pinball except fot munster madness... there is a big problem concerning it...
I dont understand why you dont speak about the wizard mode. Why cant we begin the wizard mode as dwight said on his video ? Why its always marilyn first ? Why i need to target white targets again and again when marilyn is complete ?
Its completely bugged ?

Those rules posted before ARE the rules for Munster Madness. I’ve played the mode a few times already. It’s in there. Outside of some scoring bugs with the multipliers, it seems to work just like Dwight’s rulesheet says.

When you play all the modes, the scoop lights for Munster madness. It starts with a bunch of news headlines, then you’re off.

#574 71 days ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I normally add just spots out of preference but the whole pin is super dark not just the middle. And I was having a hard time finding a place they looked right and didn’t block shots on this one.
Pinstadium’s didn’t take away from the light show at all. It was a concern when I thought about putting them on but you can still see every thing perfect. And they flicker and turn on/off with what’s going on. I just turned them way Dow to about 25% to keep that creepy feeling but so I can see the playfield ha ha!

I don’t know Eric maybe I need to look at it again but I agree with the guy above. I’m confused with it as well. I always start with all yellow flashing shots for Marilyn. After completing those then it’s one flashing white shot at a time! It’s a caotic multiball so maybe I’m missing something but it didn’t seem to work out how it’s explained in the rules

Then I stand corrected. He’s making it seem like he cannot even start Munster madness. That’s where I assumed he was mistaken.

#576 71 days ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Damn you Eric I hold you in such high regard. I thought you were going to come back with an answer for me ha ha!!!!!

Hell no!! I’ve been to MM a few times but just hit flashing shit. Nothing obviously broken. The major bug I’ve heard about is the jackpot scoring there doesn’t reset properly.

Apparently (according to a thread on tilt) the playfield multiplier was being included in the base value of the next shot, so the second hurry-up was at 36X instead of just another 6X shot.

Which also leads me to believe MM is being misunderstood by some. If you were stuck in that state you mentioned, wouldn’t it be impossible to get to these hurry ups? Others seem to be advancing in the mode.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/374734556?t=05m47s

#585 71 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'm guessing the washers they put with the leg bolts are maybe just a new thing for shipping from the factory. The bolts are always screwed into the cabinets.
Perhaps they were being put in too tight on the line. The washers maybe keep the line from applying too much torque when butting the bolts in the cabinets.
Just a guess...

I know that I scratch up my legs when putting the leg bolts in and out from the socket rubbing. These washers would eliminate that. But I also move games a lot. I doubt that’s very common. I like them either way.

#597 71 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Definitely not a fact as I am guessing but the first time I seen it was Deadpool. Smarter collectors then I would know for sure.[quoted image]

My GOT is like this too.

#621 69 days ago

I was confused on how Munster Madness worked, but got some good clarification from Dwight. On code .91:

Three Stages (Complete an area, Get Jackpots, Collect Hurry Ups)

Stage 1 - Goal is to complete one characters area. Do this by hitting one of the seven characters' shots. (the number of shots to collect that character depends on the character). Completing one character gets you to Stage 2.

Stage 2 - Jackpots. Timed mode where you try to collect as many jackpots as you can. Once the timer runs out, you move to Stage 3.

Stage 3 - Hurry ups. A moving hurry up (left ramp, then right orbit, then right ramp, then left orbit). Each one is on a timer. If you collect all of them, or one times out, you are back to Stage 1.

NOW, with .91 code, when you start Munster Madness it spots Marilyn for you right off the bat, so you start in Stage 2. Then if you survive in the mutliball long enough, you will get through stage 2 and 3.

Now you are back to stage one and you will need to complete another character to advance to stage two. Since Marilyn is already completed, you have to go after a different character. So hypothetically Munster madness has 7 different sets of stages that you can complete. I love the rules of this mode haha.

I hope that helps clarify the mode.

#752 62 days ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Does anyone else have trouble knowing how many jackpots you have when the ball goes in dragula? I try to watch the number but sometimes it goes in there quick and just starts the animation. Plus, the number is so damn tiny. I hope an update makes it larger. I just read the super jackpot light flashes faster with the more jackpots you have, so I'll try to watch that next time but I feel like it won't help a lot unless it's really flashing fast.

The insert also blinks. The faster it blinks the more SJPs are in there. When in doubt pass and trap up to confirm how many you have.

#828 58 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm actually amazed w the amount of Pros out there already, this is really the only reported "issue" to date. Can't think of any other NIB ( from any manufacturer) that didn't have several bugs out of the gate...encouraging, for sure...

Game of thrones pro was pretty solid. Just needed a lubed up ram. That’s about it.

#985 54 days ago

You’re supposed to be able to play the lower PF and upper at the same time. How would you do that with the buttons ahead of the regular flipper buttons?

They are below as to follow the natural curve of you fingers. Try playing and have your indexes on the main buttons and middle fingers on the lower buttons. That may help.

#1159 50 days ago
Quoted from guss:

Thinking about buying a pro. Any good reviews about it ? Cant afford to buy a Le. Would like a Monster bash but the same problem.

It’s really fun. Very approachable and will only get better. Good sounds and callouts and a great shooter.

#1192 50 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Mine shows up tomorrow between 10 and 2...I will have to get my wife to sign for it and stick it in the garage until Sunday night...that's when I get back from 2019 LAX...going to be a great weekend...pinball and then more pinball...woo hoo!

Unboxing party?

#1221 49 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Played my LE a 20+ times today. LOVE it. twice now...on start of game I get a double ball feed.. as a 1st time pin owner... not sure it I need to do anything...???

There are two tiny circuit boards under the mech that all the balls sit in the drain. They are near the spot that has the solenoid that pushes the ball into the shooter lane.

There should be a small connector that goes into each circuit board. Unplug them and plug them back in and make sure they are snug.

#1266 49 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Anyone know if you can turn off spot in attract mode? My dogs bark every time he pops up cause it's just a random loud lonely clank in the house

Haha. I GUARANTEE my dogs would do the same.

#1356 47 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/377440048
From Logan's, go to the end of the stream.

Bug in the code. It will be gone with the new update.

#1383 47 days ago

Got to play the LE quite a bit this weekend and I love it. Layout is familiar but code makes it feel fresh. Lower playfield is as good as I hoped. Lots going on down there and very fun to advance deep into the mode and not easy to do.

Can’t wait to play the premium when it hits the streets.

#1449 45 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Shocked that people are finding this game difficult...closing outlanes and drilling new holes...wow.
When compared with other Stern titles, this is one of the more forgiving games I've owned in awhile (with default posts/settings).

For me. The difficulty comes in scoring big. That’s what keeps a nerd like me coming back. No quick way to points. Have to be methodical about it.

#1494 43 days ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Do you think the LE or premium is enough to sway my decision to still get one?

You tell us. Shouldn’t be hard to find one to play eventually.

#1499 43 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Is moving those posts permanent...?

No but drilling a new hole is. Haha

#1511 43 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Looks like holes are pre-drilled... just move the posts...

He added a third. Haha

#1517 42 days ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

If anyone in the area wants to stop by and play this weekend shoot me a PM. Wife is gone until Saturday night

Around these parts we call that being on Spring Break. Congrats!

#1529 42 days ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Dont get it? Did someone F up?
[quoted image]

What’s the reade me say? Could be a bad file name.

#1534 42 days ago

The new code should be .96 when it’s released. Maybe they just uploaded the wrong one.

#1536 42 days ago
Quoted from drained:

I assumed they never had any code on the site so put up the current .91
How do you know its gonna be .96? Any insight to what's inside ? I am gonna plead to Dwight/Stern they add a final wizard mode after stage 3 of Munster Madness at the very least..
What I don't understand is why only 2 stages to the characters ? When there is a 3rd stage munster madness.

You sure the level 3 modes aren’t different? I haven’t been to that point yet.

One thing I will say is MM I and MM II are very different now.

#1646 40 days ago

Streaming Munsters LE from Pinstadium at 6 pm eastern. Come hang out to possibly win a set for your game! Have to be tuned in to win so come on out!

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#1675 40 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can't wait to get them both going together ( not sure if it's already in the code, but quite sure it will be)

When you get to the first Munster madness you use them both at the same time. The second go around, the lower playfield doesn’t activate. Not sure if that’s a bug or intentional.

#1677 40 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've been to the Madness 3 times...Might have missed it, as I swear there are several times that the machine is going into seizure mode, MM being one of them...I'll pay more attention next time ( If I can..)
Is the lower on a short timer during MM?

Well now I was playing beta code tonight so that may be the difference. It was active the entire MM level one.

#1685 39 days ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Played the LE today.
I still don’t understand how the Zap! Button works.

Make shots and it will start to flash. Hit it before it stops flashing. It builds up the zap meter that’s on the LCD. When the zap meter fills it will put a zap jackpot onto the playfield. Shoot to collect.

EDIT: clarifying the Zap rules:

All you have to do:
1. Hitting targets makes the button blink
2. Hit the button while blinking to charge your zap meter

Later if you have one or more zap charged up (this stuff is going on behind the scenes)
1. When you collect awards for almost any mode or multiball the game will subtract one of your charges and light a zap jackpot. It will light it where the jackpot you collected was.
2. The zap jackpot will stay lit until the end of the ball if not collected.
3. This part will happen automatically, passively. You don’t need to do anything except collect the zap jackpots.
4. Collecting 4 zap jackpots will lite ZAP SUPER JACKPOT if not already lit.

#1720 39 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I can't get the code to work? This is the first time this has happened with any pin? The pin just boots normally and won't read the thumb drive? Any ideas? Is the file supposed to be zipped? Normally i just download and put on to my drive ..then it installs fairly simply.

Have to unzip the file. Then make sure the only thing that’s on the thumb drive are the files. No folders no nothing.

#1735 38 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I can see him fine, and the flash effect now works everytime he comes up. If I could only hit him w more consistency!!!

My problem is surviving the hit. Backhands seems to work well with an more controllable feed.

#1756 38 days ago

Anyone tried to figure out secret mania? I super excited to hopefully discover this.

#1763 38 days ago

Press the flippers on the drain bug. Should start the bonus.

#1774 38 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not 12v like most flashers...

Pretty sure all spike flashers are 5v. Could be wrong.

#1793 37 days ago

clarifying the Zap rules:
All you have to do:
1. Hitting targets (any stand up target) makes the button blink
2. Hit the button while blinking to charge your zap meter

Later if you have one or more zap charged up (this stuff is going on behind the scenes)
1. When you collect awards for almost any mode or multiball the game will subtract one of your charges and light a zap jackpot. It will light it where the jackpot you collected was.
2. The zap jackpot will stay lit until the end of the ball if not collected.
3. This part will happen automatically, passively. You don’t need to do anything except collect the zap jackpots.
4. Collecting 4 zap jackpots will lite ZAP SUPER JACKPOT if not already lit.

#1802 37 days ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Curious about any exploits when both upper/lower playfields are going. If ball save=35 seconds with jackpots available risk free down below, why not just shoot lower pf exclusively and ignore everything else going on?
Second time around, how about trap up on the top pf and use bottom buttons to shoot jackpots below? I assume stern has planned for this scenario, but wanted to mention it feels like there could be a loophole somewhere due to the 4 button layout. Hmm

My go to right now until I get better is to ignore the lower playfield and just flip the lower flippers as I hit the uppers. Just hope for the best down there and take care of business up top.

But a good idea is to trap up up top or down below and then concentrate on shooting the other playfield.

#1804 37 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Come on Chuck, the better solution is to play with Zach or a friend and Team play both sets of flippers! It's all in the hips! lol
[quoted image]

Just easin’ The tension baby! Just easin’ the tension.

#1806 37 days ago

Stand up targets+new flippers+fast game will get airballs. Until stern puts adjustments for invidually controlled coil powers for flippers, you’ll just have to wait until the game breaks in and slows down a bit.

#1819 37 days ago

I’m hoping for a third MM that’s even crazier. That would be awesome and something different. Yeah you have to go through the game three times to get to the final wizard mode, but the path gets harder and changes along the way.

#1888 36 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I like that you only have to start lily and not complete her or any mode to qualify for MM
I have been trying to combo her with Herman to actually complete her and move on
Then with different levels in MM makes each time there if you get that far interesting to me
I wonder if something will be added if you actually close out every character in one round

I think that’s the spirit of the super jackpots. Basically need to complete the mode to get the SJP.

#1907 36 days ago
Quoted from drained:

On the PREM/LE code .91 code I played yesterday you can't qualify grandpa or MM till you activate The Machine, which requires 3 shots. Which can takes a few trips back to grandpas lab to achieve if at all, love it.

Same on current code too.

#1911 36 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree iceman, that topper is unbelievable and a must have for anybody who iwns this game!

Are you collecting coo coo clocks or pinball machines?!? Haha.

#1930 36 days ago

Just glad that garbage isn’t here.

#1932 36 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

True, keep the hate in its own thread.
It’s almost getting to the point on Pinside that we need an Owners thread and a Haters thread for any particular game.

Pretty much already there. I’m active in almost every new stern owners thread and I own 2 of them. Haha

#1934 36 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh at least the owners threads are at least pretty much guaranteed to be positive.

I think it’s a pinside rule too. Can’t trash a game in the owner’s club.

#1937 36 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Had my LE for 2 weeks. Love it....kicks my butt.... but that ok...

I’ve had a blast playing the LE. The lower playfield was just as good as I hoped.

#1976 35 days ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I clocked the MM ball save at 36 seconds. Seems a bit long? Each level is 10 seconds to achieve, so you basically get free play for the first three levels of the mode. Not sure I like this, as Hand of the King gives only 20 seconds of free time. Munsters is near double grace period!

MM II you mean? MM I only has two levels. And the timers are way longer than the ball save for the characters in level one.

I’m sure MM II will be fleshed out with code updates. I think MM I is great right now.

#1978 35 days ago
Quoted from baba_hafez:

Does anyone know if a Munsters Pro is on location and set to 5-ball play; can I hold down the start button to revert to 3-ball play ('advanced play') like in GOT? Or is it holding a left flipper or something? thanks for any help!

No you can’t do that unfortunately.

#1982 34 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there any incentive to NOT timeout modes? I believe that completing modes scores more points for super and progresses Kitty; but it would be nice to see another layer. Perhaps shorten ball saver time tremendously for Munster madness, and then have each character completion leading up to MM could add 5-8 secs of ball save for each character completed?

Timing out modes will almost guarantee you’ll never get any good SJP collects or have good pf multipliers at any point. I’ve played this way for about 10 games and yeah I got to both MMs but my scores were terrible (and it was really not fun). Playing the modes and really concentrating on stacking SJPs and kitty, I’ve gotten close to 300mm after the first MM on the new code. I didn’t collect any grandpa hurry ups either.

But yeah. More layer are always good.

#1984 34 days ago

God I suck at this game

It’s the only good game I’ve had in like 50 if that helps. Haha

#1993 34 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Plastic Leveling.
Ok - which of these photos is correct?
I will ask Stern as well.
Call the first picture (A) - plastic meeting the beveled wood edge. (B) raised plastic to meet wood 1/4” into playfield.
Thx
[quoted image][quoted image]

I say even with the playfield.

#2001 34 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nothing unique - my AC/DC VE Premium is same beveled edge.
Stern does not make that edge the same height as rest of playfield - they bevel it down for a reason - so no one chips the wood edge.
Got an email into Stern asking them there opinion.
Question- if you run your finger across the plastic / wood edge is it smooth AND can you feel height difference at the bevel. If this is what you have - you did Option A above.

My ACDC is perfectly smooth all the way around. Don’t feel any edge of anything from either direction.

#2016 34 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do you have a slight bevel edge?
As you run your finger from wood to plastic is it like glass smooth? Or is smooth but your finger goes up/down the bevel edge?

Not beveled. I can feel my finger going from plastic to wood. That’s it. Smooth.

#2054 33 days ago
Quoted from Ven:

Just curious if anyone has come up with a fix for the right lower PF ramp not registering shots? Turned down the flipper power to soft and still on that machine it doesn't register the ramp shot most of the time. Pulled the lower PF glass and checked the opto and it registers every time but when the ball is moving fast it just doesnt get it.

I would try putting some plastic on top of the ramp to keep that ball from jumping the opto.

#2100 31 days ago

It has something to do with those 8 lights that change configurations on the LCD every time you press the flippers. I just know it. Haha

#2102 31 days ago

If it’s a flipper button code, here’s the theory behind how they work.

In attract mode, you press both buttons at the same time to clear everything.

Then you press the left flipper a number of times, then the right flipper to confirm. Then left again a number of times, then right to confirm. Then left a number of times, then right to confirm and right once more to finalize.

So it’s a 3 digit or letter combo. He used these in GOT and it was typically initials. Like if you did ABC, the credits would roll. So to do that you hit Left once for A being the first letter of the alphabet, then right to confirm. Left twice for B, right to confirm, then left three times for C, then right twice to finish the entry.

If I were you guys I’d start trying various initials using this flipper code and see what you can find. Ideas I have:

ABC
XAQ (Dwight’s initials)
Not sure what borgs initials are, but try those too.
Maybe MUN

#2104 31 days ago
Quoted from drained:

I have to agree on this, today I watched all the streams I could and they do change depending on mode progression.. they do not seem to be anything related to the top lanes and bottom lanes as I first assumed. Wish I had my pin.. :/

They are definitely tied to the flipper buttons only. And they do the same sequence over and over.

#2118 31 days ago

No issues experienced here either. I’ve had decent time on two separate LEs.

#2122 31 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

Chuck.... I don’t see that you own this title but are very familiar with it..... do you like it well enough to own in the future?

Definitely considering a premium. Love what the lower playfield adds to the game.

#2123 31 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

@ chuckwurt: do you know if the LEs you played were both updated to .96?

Yes they were.

#2126 31 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I've had occasional issues with the mini - pf, after 0.96, where the mode does not fully end. Control is given back to the main playfield, but the display is stuck on grandpa's machine, and no scoring happens on the main pf.. Then eventually it ejects a second ball to the main PF, but as soon as one drains the flippers shut off.. Has happened 2-3 times so far..

I’ve seen this behavior too except the ball was in Dragula and wouldn’t kick out. Game then served another ball and when the dragula ball was released, the game went to bonus. Only happened once though. No idea what caused it.

#2133 31 days ago
Quoted from Hillel:

Same here also, where Dragula delayed kick out thru several ball searches after the mini pf & shoot the machine display problems.
Even if it only happened once, let Tech Support know so they can at least log the frequency and focus on the fix. Thanks

Sent a note to Dwight a week or so ago about it. Working on getting him video of it too, but having computer issues at the moment.

#2179 30 days ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I won’t be hard on them I guess you have to expect that when the game is brand new. I didn’t have this problem with the Simpsons party when it was new or T3 when it was new or the Beatles. When I got Ghostbusters new it had been out for a few years how fast are they At putting out an update if there’s a problem like this

Not really any timeline for releases even with bugs like this. Dwight is usually quick on the trigger until the game is complete.

#2183 30 days ago

This bug was not reported at all in beta testing so there was no reason to fix anything. Bugs happen. Especially early on. It will be fixed. Just takes a little time. The more info we give stern on the bugs, the better, so they can address them.

#2186 29 days ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Anyone having a problem where it ejects 2 balls into the shooter lane? Happens on mine quite often.
Shooter lane switch is fine.

Reseat the trough opto board connectors.

#2203 29 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Found another code bug for .96. The starting skill shot ten second clock never starts and the shot disappears after 2 seconds and therefore can never be hit. I sent a bug email. Hopefully they fix these soon. Anyone else notice this?

Which skill shot? The super right ramp one? Never seen this.

#2238 26 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am reading folks are putting mylar down on shooting lane? newb here....and new LE. What type etc and how..???

This site is amazing for misc supplies. I buy Mylar by the roll.

https://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

Cut some Mylar into the shape of a pair of pants. It will straddle the cutout in the shooter lane for the switch and make sure the top part of the pants goes far enough to cover the area where the ball lands when kicked out.

#2346 21 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is that glass over the mini-play field going to scratch?
At risk of starting a war, are any of you going to install a play field protector on your baby? They look like they will be easy to install. And that mini-play field glass would be protected.
I ask because the Pro model I played at Cactus Jacks in Oklahoma City was showing a lot of light dimples. Dimples are an issue for some; Others couldn't care less.
But scratched glass is ugly.

Pretty sure the lower playfield window is not glass. Just like ACDC. I clean it with novus one and it’s fine.

#2419 20 days ago

You don’t have to take any screws off the housing to change the shooter rod. Just take off the rubber tip, Jesus clip, and it will slide out.

#2429 19 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Jesus clip? As in Jesus, where the hell did that clip fly off to? Never have heard of that E-clip being called a Jesus clip.
I’m all ears

Bingo. Jesus! Where the hell did it go?!? Haha

#2542 17 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I could have sworn I have read somewhere that Dwight knew about some of these issues and was already testing a newer version of code to address some of the bugs.

This is true.

Maybe before he releases it they are adding in a few more goodies or objectives for Eddie and Marylin. Wishful thinking lol but who knows.

No mention of changes to these in the current beta that’s being tested.

#2550 17 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I presume there were on the ring of Premiums in Marco’s area since that’s where Dwight was when I asked him. I believe he said it was .9612 but I never rebooted a machine to verify.

He’s wondering which specific issues you mentioned to Dwight I think.

#2616 15 days ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

So what kind of high scores is everyone putting up? Mine is 238,000,000 on a pro with the outlane post lowered (doesn't help much),liberal tilt,10 second ball save and extra balls turned off.generally I don't break 100 mil.

Factory settings, newest code, no EBs. 245mm.

Our local barcade just sold theirs because it wasn’t earning so I won’t get to play it regularly anymore.

#2641 15 days ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

I've noticed that my Marilyn led on the left inlane is constantly dimly lit. It still flashes and gets bright, but it never turns off. I've power cycled and and reset to factory settings but it's still on. Is anyone else having this issue?
If this isn't code related what else should I check for?
[quoted image]

Make sure it’s not the GI from the lower playfield bleeding into that insert too. Might be a bulb socket that needs turned a bit so it doesn’t shine over to that insert.

#2724 13 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

Really hoping that Marilyn and Eddy get coded in

They are already in the game:

Eddie - Shooting an unlit orbit or rolling over the flashing right inlane or outer left inlane will qualify the opposite orbit to score an Eddie Loop. Make successive Eddie Loops to score an increasing value, starting at 20k and increasing by 20k per loop. Every 5 Eddie Loops will qualify the Eddie Super Jackpot if it isn’t already available.

Marilyn - Rolling through the flashing inner left inlane will qualify the right ramp to score a Boyfriend Departure. Certain amounts of boyfriend departures will score awards, including Super Jets and qualifying the Marilyn Super Jackpot.

It’s my understand that this game was meant to be a more brutal, but very approachable game. I think most that’s going to be there is there. I like the current package a lot. Very hard to blow it up, and keeps me hitting start.

#2753 12 days ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I cash in super jackpots anytime I have a 6x multiplier on.i find canceling barely raises the points and not worth the risk of next time not having a 6x multiplier.

I think the SJP value for each SJP is the same if on their own. The values jump as you collect multiple at once.

If you have 2 SJPs ready, it’s worth about 3 of them on their own. Then goes up from there. I’ve never collected all 10 at once, but I bet at 6x it would be at least 200 million.

#2784 11 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven’t even looked but i assume that is an opto that senses the ball going up that ramp right? If so you probably just got a bad opto and hopefully its easy to get to and replace. Call stern and have them send you a new one. 1-800- kickers.

Not a bad opto. On fast balls it’s jumping over the opto. My suggestion is to try and put a roof on the right ramp so that the ball stays down when going really fast. Haven’t tried this though.

#2789 11 days ago
Quoted from Ven:

Stern needs to do something about this instead of telling people they haven't heard of the problem. You shouldn't have to cobble something up on a $9k machine.

Even if they come up with a fix, you’ll have to open up your game and do it. Sucks but should be something fairly easy to fix with some experimentation I would think. Now if the window was like the original ACDC, that would be a pain to get to. Haha

#2796 11 days ago
Quoted from Ven:

Yeah you will still have to remove the glass to fix it but IMO they need to come out with a cover for the ramp instead of people having to make their own.

Yeah that would be nice and they’ve been known to do that in the past. So not impossible.

#2869 9 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Got some scratches on the window already (LE) I did take it out on arrival and cleaner the dust... I bet a new window will be $200!
Raven Multiball lightshow looks different on the new code- really cool..

Those scratches buff right out. Use novus one and you’ll be good to go.

#2896 9 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I am having a heck of time updating my software, and I’ve updated a lot of machines. Keeps saying I don’t have a valid file. Downloaded 3 times. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Should that file have those numbers after the .spk ? Seems weird.

#2918 8 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im just wondering about how many points that i can expect to get once i finally cash them in? Any ideas at all?

6 SJPs at 6x is around 40mm if I remember right.

#2921 8 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Might depend on the type of jackpots also because you got the blue and red ones also right? Its amazing how many times you fail to cash in on Jackpots because it seems like it would be fairly easy. I actually love the rules that Dwight wrote to this game. I think he did a killer job on it.

Each SJP is the same amount on its own. But if you have more than one ready to collect they get a boost:

2 of them is with about 3 of them on their own.

3 of them might be worth 5 of them on their own.

And so on.

I hope that makes sense.

#2926 8 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know man lol. Its like it should be pretty easy to achieve but you can never quite make it happen. That Spot shot is a MF'R too! That is definitely draino city there now. What is considered a good score, 100-200 million?

For sure. Anything over 200mm is pretty awesome imo. Super tough to put it all together. I’ve had games where I’m on MM level 2 and not gotten 200mm, and other games where I’m at 250mm after MM level one. Just depends on what you get setup.

#2930 8 days ago

Double inlane on the left. That’s causing the off centerness.

#2943 8 days ago

DP was just updated to 1.00.0
BM 66 to 1.03.0
Beatles 1.10.0
Nellie 1.55.0
I don't think any actual number indicates a final code to be honest

Starting with whatever was after ghostbusters was when they would release with .80 or whatever code and get to 1.00. That would be basically feature complete, then tweaks and bug fixes after that. Not a hard fast rule though. Just a guide for expectations.

#2944 8 days ago

Love the game as is but hard to think they wouldn’t add something
Dwight will I still think so

One thing I could see possible is a third level to each mode with even more difficult rules, then a third MM with different rules than the first two, then a final wizard mode immediately after that for playing all 3 Munster madnesses.

#2949 8 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

They are doing the best they can with resources they have. Open Source would save the day on some of this. I'd give the some
of my time to fix things.

If manufacturers did this, how would it work if you gave me updated code and it bricked my game?

#2951 8 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

In modern day CICD this shouldn't happen. There are test in place to prevent this as part of the pipeline.
Granted Stern may not have Test or CICD pipeline in place. Or SDK . IDK how modern their practices are as they are not Open Source.

Well then it definitely seems possible at least. Seems like something to look into assuming to can put good policies in place to ensure games are being damaged. Get some bug fixes off their plate.

#2955 8 days ago
Quoted from Ven:

I really would like to see some code changes to balance scoring and give you more options to score points, right now Munsters is a one trick pony, get your jackpots stacked and collect them with playfield multiplier.

Not entirely true. Munster madness I And II can be big scoring if you play them efficiently and don’t time out the stages.

#3003 7 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It sure is but man I have a great time every time on it.
When I bought my Deadpool people where trashing it. I still like that pin.
Funny thing is 99% pinball people I talk to love AC/DC and I can not stand it.

Leave ACDC out of this!! Haha

#3006 7 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think we should start an ACDC thread. "ACDC WORST FUCKING GAME EVER MADE!" lol

It would be right up there with your GB best game ever made thread. I say do it.

#3024 6 days ago

Well that’s what I mean I have to hit him three times then it will stick on the forth

Stock settings should start the hurry up (game turns green) on the first hit. Then if you hit him during that it will hold the ball.

If you drain during that or it times out, you have to hit it three times to start the hurry up again (game turns green). Then you have another shot at catching a ball on the magnet and starting MB

#3026 6 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine sticks on the 4th hit also spaceman so yours is working right.

Wow so they made Herman I harder in the new code? Interesting. Must have changed more than the read me says. Is standard settings still no ball save?

#3071 5 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Send me a pm if you need anything.

Same here. Feel free to PM with any noob questions you have captainbr

#3159 2 days ago

Dwight was gracious enough to help me clarify the Super Jackpot stacking. Base value is $350k in current code (used to be $500k), then for each time you hit the scoop (unlit) it increases by a small amount (not sure the amount, but small like under 10k). See below for the value of the collect depending on how many you have stacked:

1 SJP = 1x current super jackpot value
2 SJPs = 3x current super jackpot value
3 SJPs = 6x current super jackpot value
4 SJPs = 10x current super jackpot value
5 SJPs = 13x current super jackpot value
6 SJPs = 15x current super jackpot value
7 SJPs = 17x current super jackpot value
8 SJPs = 19x current super jackpot value
9 SJPs = 21x current super jackpot value
10 SJPs = 23x current super jackpot value

These values also can be multiplied by up to 6x from the playfield multiplier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Canton, OH
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bensenville, IL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside