IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2963 4 years ago

I was surprised that some LEs showed up on the market, as I'd been told they were all sold out at TPF.

#2964 4 years ago

What's the thinking about putting on a PlayField protector before shooting any balls?

#3060 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't know why asking this question brought you some down votes.

Well, I’m new and ignorant of the social structure around here. I thought I had lurked around long enough, and the people at TPF were great, nice, helpful, welcoming... I thought that I was ready to play with the wizards at Pinside. I really don’t know enough about anything pinball, and apparently admitting ignorance and asking for honest advice around here gets you kicked in the teeth by some. I’d hoped that maybe fora had grown up in the past 30 years... Silly me, I know that most people don’t mature past the age of 12, and newbs will always get flamed! :-p

Anyway, from the very little bit of information I can find about play field protectors (It took me forever just to figure out what PF meant and that they were called “playfield protectors”), it looks like this is a giant religious debate. sigh.

I appreciate you advising me to just do whatever I think is right, but I really have no idea what is right. I don’t understand why a brand new pinball machine would not be delivered ready to play, and to survive thousands of games. Maybe pinball machine manufacturers are deliberately building in short lifespans so the resale value will plummet, and we’ll have to keep buying more and more new machines; Or maybe playfield protector manufacturers are over exaggerating the damage done by simply playing an unprotected machine. I don’t have a clue. I think that I’ve gleaned that not every machine is the same, and some may need a PF protector, while others may not. I do know that on some of my favorite machines from the 1990s the ball bounces around in crazy ways, even hopping OVER the flipper or bouncing up and hitting the glass sometimes. Is that from “dimpling”? It is certainly not the way they played in the 1990s when new.

Maybe this is too general (and religiously charged) a question for this thread, but I had hoped that as knowledgeable Munsters owners there might be specific advice for this specific machine to keep it in good condition for years of fun play. At this point I’ll probably not bother adding anything to mine, and maybe it’ll be fine; maybe it’ll be trash by Christmas.

If anybody wants to help me out here with some sage advice, I’d love to hear what you have to say, particularly if it encourages me to do something simple that will save a lot of trouble later, or to save my time, money, and worry, and just get on with playing!

Pax,
CAP

#3063 4 years ago

That’s what I was looking for. Thanks y’all for the quick, thorough, and kind responses!
I need to research “dimpling” and “mylars” now, and how they’re different from Cliffys.

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Torx - Good to know. Thank goodness they didn't use Apples hard to obtain bits

Apple's "hard to obtain" fasteners ARE TORX. ;-p Years ago, it was hard to get a torx set, but today it's a cheap purchase on Amazon or Fry's.

Thanks for the heads up on that @mahoneyj!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#3255 4 years ago

Pages 64-66... the same years The Munsters was on TV. Good years.
What are the best mods people are liking? What are the disappointments? I've seen some Tesla coils that look good, and some that look pretty cheap. Replacing the Grandpa shinkydink with the 3D model of him in his chair seems like a good one. The domed eyeball also looks good.

#3261 4 years ago

If I can verify that these can go on Musters LE, I think I might install:
Mezel mods:
Light up Tesla Coils to replace lights
Doggy's Din Din light cover
Drag light tower
Mod Couple:
Replace the Grandpa shinkydink with the 3D model of him in his chair
Cover the poppit with the domed eyeball
Spiderweb flipper covers

Added over 5 years ago:

Also thinking of: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1132-sparky-pinball/02202-munsters-tv-mod

#3328 4 years ago

Who-Dey did you torque Grandpa down too hard and spiderweb the shinkydink plastic?

cottonm4 have you tried shooting a super-slow-mo close-up of the problem spot to see what precisely is happening? That might help you choose a more appropriate fix.

I still can't decide whether or not to get a PF protector before dropping a ball inside....

1 week later
#3536 4 years ago

What?? Do you have a NIB Munsters sitting outside, cottonm4 ?!?

2 weeks later
#4078 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Stern is not alone, and at least they don't re-release an LE.....ever. I can think of a few (Tron, ST, TWD, BIBLE, BM66) that are holding up just fine.
If you buy machines beyond their intent (toys), you're guaranteed to be disappointed at some point. Is what it is, I guess....

Uh...? Didn't Stern just release 100 MORE Munsters LEs? I'm pretty sure that's where mine came from. For a while there there were no NIB Munsters LEs, then suddenly a distributor had one and I bought it. Sadly, I don't have room for it yet (you wanna complain about skyrocketing costs and unforeseen problems? Just try contracting to have a couple of backyard studios built!!! )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainbr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=captainbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.