pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6251 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is part of the reason the topper clock and Raven act as such.
I can share that Stern conveyed directly that they were working on these issues, as well as " other game enhancements in the next code drop"and "would not release ( or announce) until all of it was ready".
Didn't give a date or details beyond "soon". This certainly is an encouraging statement on several fronts, and puts the "game is done" comment in perspective.
They are not "done" w this one, period.

I'm just quoting this for the next page. Mind you, I think the game is fun as-is, but some polish never hurts. Wonderful news.

2 weeks later
#6394 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

My Munsters homemade topper. Grandpa electric chair LEDs are integrated and fire off at same time as playfield one. Herman LEDs fire off same time as Herman flasher (and now the LED flashes in the backbox - thx to Stern code update).
Lots of fun making!

[quoted image]

Nice. I really want to start making my own toppers, half for the fun of it, half because my pins are under a low basement ceiling and a lot of standard toppers won't fit. How did you fasten everything up there?

6 months later
#8489 3 years ago

Got my color premium in today. Loved it on location, love it at home so far. Such a great theme and just a straight up fun game to play. A lot like Batman '66 -- lots of humor and fun songs and '60s TV clips, it puts a smile on your face every time. And those lively go-go songs get my wife's butt wiggling while she plays, so that's an added bonus.

I find it weird some are so hard on this game while Metallica is considered one of the better pins of the last 15 years. No hate for Metallica here, it's sitting 4 feet away from my Munsters, but Munsters is kind of a slightly souped-up Metallica. Both have bar targets on the side instead of drops. Orbit, left ramp, bash toy at about 11 o'clock, right ramp, orbit. Munsters premium has the under playfield, Metallica premium the hammer into coffin lock, both awesome. Metallica has those great graveyard drop targets, Munsters has Spot under the stairs. Double left inlanes, one right inlane. Two kickass themes. I dunno.

6 months later
#9435 3 years ago

Just installed some Pinstadiums on my Munsters. Or as they say in New England, Munstahs.

edit: Doesn't look great in the downrez'ed forum post. Click on the photo or right click and "open image in new tab" to make it look better.

munsters pinstadium.jpgmunsters pinstadium.jpg

#9437 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have upper and lower on my game. It was done by the previous owner.

Nice. Have any pics? This is what got me hooked on Pinstadiums. Bought a used Avengers Infinity Quest, it had Omegas installed, now I'm selling blood to get them on all my games (except the EMs).

#9458 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

My cheap ass wouldn’t pay $400 when the topper was available. If the topper gave me a BJ while playing then I might be interested in one.

Yeah, really. Stern has made some wicked toppers lately, but even at MSRP I can't pull the trigger on any of them. How often do you look up there when playing? Somewhere slightly north of never. I just bought a SW comic art and might sell the R2D2 topper off it. It's cool, but...

1 month later
#9695 3 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hello all, not an owner but I am debating it. I originally wanted to buy a NIB Munsters premium but believed the pinside hate about it and the distributor I went with talked me into a deadpool pro. It’s been 6 months and deadpool just isn’t for me. I have an opportunity to trade for a monsters LE and some cash on my end. It looks really fun to me and I love the idea of the mini playfield as it leaves the upper playfield open and less clunky and cluttered. I guess I am just looking to see if people who own it enjoy it.

I enjoy it a lot. It does not have deep code, so that area of criticism is accurate, but it's all about how much that matters to you. The code certainly isn't miniscule, it's more like an average '90s DMD game.

edit: Oops, I didn't scroll down to see this was already settled.

#9698 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I don't mind the 'deepness' of the code, but some additional video assets would be nice.

Yep, same opinion. Maybe just one more/different wizard mode, plus more video clips, and we'd be good to go.

1 month later
#9815 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Part of me kinda hoped that pinside went down due to an new code release and overwhelming outpouring of love for Munsters that was just too much for the server to handle.
On a serious note though.
TMNT is an excellent example of great code on a great table.
I think a lot of the modes added to turtles could be great if reimagined for Munsters.
We should be able to hold both flippers to select secret madness and maybe other modes themed after specific family members.
Coop and competitive modes, etc.
I’m sticking with Munsters either way. But holy cow how much more it I could be!!!

Huh. I think Munsters has way more personality and is also a better shooter. I was into TMNT as a B&W comic in the mid-'80s but missed most after that, so maybe this is partly my age speaking. TMNT has better rules for sure, but I think I'd give every other category to Munsters. Munsters also doesn't have a damn spinning disc, which is annoying enough on its own, but in TMNT it tends to put a persistent spin on the ball so any regular bounces you assume will go "there" instead take a sharp carom in unpredictable ways. 4 out of every 5 bounces on the top of a slingshot turns into an outlane drain. Not fun.

3 weeks later
#9870 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

That is one pin that I just can't stand but I have no connection to the theme and don't enjoy shooting it.

Same here. Out of all the LCD Sterns, TMNT and GotG are the two I just don't want/like. Zep pro is kind of a bum as well, but presumably the prem/LE is better with more shots. I don't consider them awful, just "C level" games.

1 week later
#9874 2 years ago

$7000 w/topper, $6000 without is my guess. There's not a lot of recent pro data to go by*, so I'm estimating the average pro gets $5200, yours has pinstadiums, shaker, powder coating plus other mods, that's a good $700+. I don't know if the topper is worth $1000 to people, I only know "topper people" are a bit nuts.

* seriously, why do 95% of people on here not mark what their shit sold for? are you really that busted up about giving pinside thirty bucks on your $6000 sale?!

#9882 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The price does not need to be made public for Pinside to get its commission.

Ah, I did not realize that.

Quoted from cottonm4:

But I get where you are coming from. I see all of those "did not sell, decided to keep ads" and then you see a new owner surface with the same pin that..cough cough... did not sell. But the new owner is posting pictures of his new pin that were from the pinside ad that did not sell.

Yeah, I don't get it. People who sell through Pinside yet don't want to pay the fee should try selling through Facebook or Craigslist exclusively. Phew! Sometimes it works out fine, but most of the time it's a royal pain in the ass in comparison. Pinside is awesome to sell through with (usually) eager and knowledgeable buyers with feedback and post histories.

3 weeks later
#9928 2 years ago

Oof. I really don't see Rob as a fit for this. Sometimes actors or directors will surprise you by shifting into a gear you never thought they had, but the fact he's casting his wife as Lily already seems to say he's going to reshape The Munsters to fit his style and not the other way around. The innocence and good natured humor of The Munsters seems way out of his wheelhouse.

3 months later
#10262 2 years ago

Not sure of his reasons, but I think EHOH has much better code but Munsters is a better shooter. I like EHOH but it might be the easiest shooting game of the LCD era.

2 months later
#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I personally think the shaker really adds to it.

Do you (or anyone) remember what events it's used for? I'd assume at the end of the collecting jackpots sequence. Maybe when you hit Herman or Spot? Would like to know before buying one. Thanks.

#10370 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Haven't been in this thread for a bit....the lower playfield, as well as the window, are extremely easy to service, clean, adjust. Entire mech comes out easier than most all the upper pf's I have to deal with.
Leveling the window is crazy easy w a flat edge of a credit card or anything ( non metallic of course to avoid scratching). You will need to pull it once in awhile to clean anyway. Enjoy the game!!!
Ps- buy these, and forget about ever needing the right size for any of the small stuff on any game...quality and well worth the $$$ if you have several pins:
[quoted image]

I don't understand. There are no missing bits, or bits from other sets crammed in this one. What kind of wizardry is this?!

2 weeks later
#10523 2 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I have a premium edition, there is an option for a quick or full code update. I have selected the full update, how long does the update take to complete ?
I am seeing 'Game Code Update / Resuming. Has been updating now for around 5 minutes. Is this normal?

Been updating lots of Stern codes tonight (Munsters, Beatles, LZ, ST), seems to be a common theme: Initial update gets stuck in a reboot loop, power off/on with usb stick still in, update then runs fully and game plays.

#10544 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did you do the full update with verify or just the quick update?

Some I did quick/no verify, others full/verify, both ways got stuck in the reboot loop. Thankfully they all responded to manually rebooting the machine.

3 months later
#11125 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Weird wonder why I have three balls.

Martian atmosphere does things like that (at least according to Total Recall).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=VALIS666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.