IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Two sling spots aimed at the center of the playfield would brighten it up sufficiently if it bothered you.
I think it looks great the way it is.

Agree, it's Munsters.

Ambience is great!

1 week later
#448 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The Munsters is in the game room, played 8 games on it, got to MMadness on the my last game, 5 ball play. First 4 games were short with lots of post and target hits, followed by drains. Started to get the shots dialed in each game there on. Take away is very fun game. Quotes and call outs are great, sound, lighting, graphics, video snippets during game play, and end of game video clips are all great. Only issue from my perspective is that Grampa's scoop is just a tad shallow which tends to allow some shots to leave the scoop even when its hit well. If the scoop were just a tad deeper that might help, but it's not really that big of a deal as most of the shots that left the scoop were rolling pretty fast on the way in. I'm super happy with how it plays and can't wait to power it up again tomorrow, in fact I'm certain it'll get play even on Sunday during the big game.
I also found 3 thumb screws floating in the cabinet near the rear, not sure if a technician left them in the cabinet or they worked their way out during the road trip to the distributor. If anyone knows where these type of screws are used in the game let me know, otherwise I'll take a close look inside the back cabinet and under the playfield.
Gotta give a shout out to Evan at Orange County Pinball, this is my 3rd NIB purchase from him over the past year. He is easy to deal with and has a good inventory, with the exception of Munsters because they are gone the same day they hit the floor. He stated Premiums start shipping end of the month, maybe a bit sooner. So those who are waiting for the Premium model it won't be too much longer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This might not be the ideal game to have 5 ball play!

Just sayin

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The Stern cabinets have been like that for a fair while. I know TF was not like that, so not long after that. Point is the leg will still damage the decal if it is not fitted properly. we have been bitten twice, no more. $10 worth of felt is a good insurance policy for us.

I also change the plastic cabinet protectors to the original metal ones that Stern used to put on. Much better, but of course more expensive!

4 weeks later
#1632 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Holy Cr*p....Flashlight Gordon won. Love his work.

How many flashlights could you buy for one set of pinstadiums? LOL!

And you can lift the playfield up easily......

2 months later
#3837 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As a fellow BM66 pinbud, I agree with your post (we certainly are used to hate threads ). I think the title of the thread was naturally combative and designed to create reinforcement for his true disdain of the game (he didn't like it on many levels).
This created a platform for all sorts of negative stuff, which we all know racks up the posts.
Munsters (Prem/LE) has an amazing lower playfield...no code is ever going to remove (but possibly refine) it. If you like them or willing to truly give it a legitimate chance, this is a must have game. If not, you'll never enjoy the machine.
Bat fans were given "in Lyman we trust", and he delivered in spades. Dwight made an unfortunate comment, hence the (justifiable) code comments. No way this thing is "done" code wise.
You are correct that the game has way more positives than negatives, not "worse code ever" (uggh), and more and more are starting to find homes (especially premiums). Best built and loaded Stern I've seen in quite some time (drops can be debated or not...of course I wanted them, but the unitarget has alot of letters on the left, and can be a pita to focus on with the ball screaming around). Borg should be proud of this game. Many games get VE'd before release (or even after reveal... ).
BM66 was "saved by code" in the eyes of many. Munsters is honestly a better shooter, and won't require the level of "saving" imho for many to purchase.
So happy BM66 gets the recognition it deserves, quite confident Munsters will also find its place...
Price to play? They are all too expensive, and am convinced there will be a natural correction (already happening). People get overhyped, can only justify a few pins, and when it doesn't immediately deliver, out it...even for a loss. The thrill can have a cliff effect pretty quick, even if the game is good, if you've got 7-13k in one (spanning the current nibs).
Done w rant, and jfh , you can pm me anytime if there are deeper dives, questions you may have.....mark

Agree that Munsters shoots way better than BM66, which is as clunky as hell.

Of course Lyman has turned it into a special game because it's what he does.

These days I would only buy early either a Lyman or Keith game.

The others are a gamble.

#3960 4 years ago

These days, buy the pin you want.

The LE business model ain't worth much anymore.

Both Stern and JJP will make as many games and different versions as they can get away with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=Shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.