IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Also, looks weird how there is a straight line accross below Grandpaw! Its not blinded in well.

That line is the opening of the cellar door in the floor of the Munster's house that Grandpa is coming out of.

1 week later
#527 5 years ago

I like the little shelf/table between the pins in the above pics at Pins Mechanical in Columbus. Cool idea. Cuts down on being able to shove the pins pretty tight against each other for maximum pin density, but if you have the room, it's a pretty cool idea.

2 weeks later
#836 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow a whole 19 plays

In his defense, he said 19 "days" not "plays". I would assume he got more than 19 plays in on it unless he's a 1 play a day type guy.

#838 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

oops... still half asleep lol... still not very long. Wonder how many games.

It would be interesting to know the number of games. That being said, over the 13 or so years I've been in the hobby, I've seen pinheads who get bored with all sorts of games very easy, including some games I've never got bored with even after playing for years, so I'm sure it would be something to take with a grain of salt.

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I feel i at least need few months or a few hundred plays to learn/understand a pin.

I totally agree with you on this.

#921 5 years ago

Sorry about your Dad passing Pinhead, but it's awesome that you enjoyed The Munsters together. My Dad turned me onto pinball way back when I was a kid, but he passed away before I got my first machine. If he could only see the resurgence that pinball has experienced. Everytime I play I think about him and I feel that he's with me in spirit, which is cool. I hope you'll feel that too.

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul1478:

I know it is normally Pro them premium and LE.

Actually, from what I've seen it's Pro, LE, then the Premium bringing up the rear.

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Anybody else have this? Looks like X marks the spot

Will that wipe off with a mild cleaner? Very odd.

#1133 5 years ago

I gotta say these Munsters LE machines do look gorgeous. They have to be one of the best looking pinball machines I've ever seen (IMO of course).

1 week later
#1554 5 years ago

Indeed. Nice sense of humor 1956Pinhead!

#1648 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Has anyone tried to paint the playfield surrounding the top of the lower playfield? Don’t like how the exposed side cut of the plywood playfield looks. Was wanting to just paint black but curious if anyone did this yet? If so how do you like it?

I thought this was odd the first time I saw the LE and Premium in pictures. I think it especially sticks out on the Premium with the black and white art, but it matches the bare wood shooter lane, so I figured in real life (or IRL as the kids say), it might not be so bad.

1 week later
#2219 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

wondering why this hasn't been replied to....may too much shock and disbelief of the YBR? Sure would like to see some Prem. Munsters pics....

LOL, yeah.. nothing like JJP "stealing the show", although in a very unexpected way. I've been waiting to hear about people's opinions of the B&W art package as if I'm buying I'd be looking at a Premium.

1 week later
#2577 5 years ago

Wesmantooth what are we looking at on the playfield? Are those oily ball trails from someone at Stern testing it or something else?

New balls seem to all have some oil residue on them, so I was just wondering if that's where that came from. One time I totally forgot to clean some brand new balls off and I put them in one of my machines, and played a few balls and I had similar results, LOL... that was fun to clean-up. So I just thought I'd ask.

#2633 5 years ago

Quoted from Who-Dey:I don't know yet lol. Unfortunately im at work and i cant think of anyone that can help me tonight or even until Monday maybe as far as that goes. I got stairs to go down is the problem.

I might sleep out in the garage tonight with it though.

Contemplates driving down from the Toledo area to help

2 weeks later
#3229 4 years ago

I'm probably preachin' to the choir here, but I think Jack Danger said he was going to be playing a Munsters Premium on his Dead Flip stream tonight if ya wanna tune in and watch. I know I'll be tuning in.

#3231 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Put a few mods on my premium. Side rails, titan clear rubbers, grandpa. Cup holder.

That is real sexy Tatman! Looks awesome!

#3234 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzone:

what time is the DeadFlip stream tonight? I cannot find any info.
thanks,

He said earlier he was gonna shoot for 6pm Central/7pm Eastern, but it's a hectic week as he's moving all the pins and stuff into his new location, so it looks like he's running behind. I've got it on his Twitch channel waiting for him to go live right now.

#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

What about a premium with a lower color playfield, or vice versa?

That looks terrible.

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Thanks. Bored and work and playing with a $.99 app on my phone.

Sorry man that was just my opinion, but like TRC73 said above, that was great work on mocking it up.

2 weeks later
#3759 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Cashing out 10 Jackpots should award a Wizard mode IMO.

That's a pretty cool idea!

#3894 4 years ago

I figured a colored premium would eventually be offered, but not this soon.

#4244 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Could the balls be hitting each other during multiball and be doing this maybe?

Yes, it is actually ball on ball violence causing this, due to a ball (or balls) being too soft due to improper heat treat/hardening processes. This has happened occasionally over the last 13 years I've been in the hobby, but seems to be happening more frequently now. I always watch for "disco balling" and replace any balls that show signs of it immediately.

1 week later
#4457 4 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang! Finally got a few quick MODs in last weekend. B/W art blades, Mezel MODs lamp post (painted black) and MOD-Couple Raven clock (they customized it in gray-scale for me).

I love the look of the art blades with the wall paper and family portraits. Beautiful!

#4520 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I actually called Stern a couple weeks ago and asked that question. I was told there would only be one version. I also would prefer a B&W version. Doesn't appear to be an option.

Wow, that seems crazy. Make a black and white machine, then don't make a matching topper, LOL.

4 weeks later
#4861 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Keep in mind, IMO, Stern set its bar at 1,964 with The Beatles. That's way be low 3000 units.

Well, Stern and KaPow seriously overcharged for the Beatles, so that should help make up for the lower quantity.

#4864 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Don’t forget Beatles licensing costs. That’s why they had to jack the cost up.

Indeed true, but I suspect that they included some extra "jack" over and above the Beatles licensing costs in their jacking up of the cost.

1 month later
#5545 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is the first time I have heard of this. Where are you getting this information, please?

Robert Winter's post #59 in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/2#post-5160816

#5547 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are there more posts talking about this issue with Munsters? Or is the Robert Winter post the only one?

I have an AC/DC Luci VE with wrinkling around multiple posts and chipping around one, so I was just monitoring multiple threads where other pinheads are dealing with the same issue across multiple game titles, and I remembered this one post about the issue with this particular Munsters. I'm sorry as I don't have other Munster examples that I've seen. Ven mentioned "games" as in multiples in his post, so perhaps he knows of more than Robert's game in my link, and perhaps he can offer more evidence. What sayest thou Ven?

I should also say that I got my Luci a year and 2 months ago NIB, and at the initial inspection, there was no wrinkling/bubbling/pooling around posts of any kind, and I looked over everything with a fine tooth comb. I thought I was free and clear of defects, until all this talk of this issue made me think "I wonder if this occurs over time?", and to my horror, it appears it did in my case. So if you don't have this issue now, keep an eye on it. It's odd how some people have the issue out of the box and some like mine, seem to develop over time.

#5550 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Call your distributor and try and get it replaced. That playfield is/was defective and they should replace it. No way that a HUO game or any game for that matter should have a chipping playfield in one year.

I'm gonna try on Monday Who-Dey. The bummer is that Luci is no longer in production, so I bet there's no playfields laying around. Maybe if more Luci owners have this issue other than me, they'll run more. Can't hurt to try right?

#5552 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This shit is depressing. It totally sucks every ounce of fun out of buying a new game. And to all of the people that are going to say something stupid like “well then don’t buy a new game”.........im not even going to say what i want to say.

Yes it does. I was trying to figure out what game I wanted to buy around Halloween. I was thinking IMDN Premium or JP2 Premium, but now that's on hold and I'm bummed, but I'm more bummed dealing with this AC/DC Luci VE playfield.

Imagine all the guys who bought playfield protectors to keep their playfields mint, and now their playfields are being damaged in places where the ball isn't even rolling and the playfield protectors aren't able to help. Imagine how those guys feel! I mean, WTF kinda bizarro pinball world did we all just enter into? I've been in the hobby for more than 13 years and I never imagined this.

#5554 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Elvira has been on my radar since it was announced and i would love to have a new Jurassic Park but there’s no way in hell that im buying anything right now. Its going to take a while to build my confidence back up with this situation that is going on here.

I'm with you man. I love my Scared Stiff and was waiting for the new Elvira reveal as that could leap frog my other choices, but I'm on hold. Maybe we can create a Pinside support group that meet bi-weekly!

#5565 4 years ago

FYI: Acetone on a q-tip will get superglue off a playfield without hurting the clearcoat, at least it did on my Luci VE chip fix.

4 weeks later
#5937 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A playfield protector is good for protecting the playfield but won’t stop pooling or chipping.

Right. It wouldn't have done shit for the blistering and chipping on my Luci VE.

#5975 4 years ago

Top men...

2 months later
#6811 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stern doesn’t believe in black friday.

Actually, I got an e-mail from Stern which said it you were an "Insider" you could save a few bucks on stuff like clothes and maybe some art blades or something, LOL. It was nothing I was interested in, and I'm not an "Insider" anyway, I'm just a "Pinball Peasant", so I deleted the e-mail. No toppers or anything most of us Pinball Peasants would want was on sale from what recall.

4 months later
#7923 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is it getting stuck at?

You can see the ball stuck right in the crotch of the right lower playfield ramp by the switch. It's too early, LOL... I couldn't think of a better term than "crotch".

6 months later
#9240 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

BAT66 has not hurt Munsters sales at all

Hello Thunderbird, I just wanted to say I disagreed with your post #9229 in regards to the BM66 issue, hence reason the thumbs down. I did play, enjoy, and buy BM66, and I was one of the guys that really did think (as J85M put it) that Munsters would be like BM66v2.0, and Munsters would eventually end up with the same level of asset useage and show immersion as BM66. I put the black and white Munsters Premium on my want list as soon as I could after release, because it's just so freaking beautiful IMO, and I did plan on eventually buying it and setting it right next to my BM66. However, I put the brakes on my Munsters purchasing plans when Dwight and Gary Stern came out what I thought was really soon after the game's release, and said that the code was finished. I played the LE at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor and I really enjoyed the early code as I thought that the jackpot stacking was a unique and fun code feature that would make a solid backbone for the code, and provide a good starting point for the code to evolve around. Little did I know at the time, that would be it as far as code went. I simply expected more.

I just wanted to explain myself and that thumbs down, as I didn't disagree with most of your post. But my BM66 experience did indeed impact my desire to buy a Munsters. I still have the Munsters Premium on my want list, and I'm probably still gonna buy one down the road should I come across one at the right time, as I love the black and white art and Borg's playfield design. I just wish Dwight would be able to go back and expand the code around the existing core code, giving me and, well... all of us, a little more Munsters theme integration and use of the assets that are already in the game's memory.

1 month later
#9460 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

For $1200 I'll give you my topper and a bj

It's nice to see that old fashioned negotiation and deal making is not dead.

#9466 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did they ever do a b&w topper?

Oddly, no. The one version you see that's colorized is all we got. At least it's pale colors.

1 week later
#9482 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Ok, cool... What menu is it under... And what is name of the pop bumper in that location? And what sensitivity setting did you settle on.. Thnk you

You have to make a physical adjustment to the pop bumper's spoon switch under the playfield, unfortunately it's not as simple as a menu adjustment. The contact gap on the leaf switch that's part of the spoon switch assembly has moved too far apart. You'll need to adjust them so that they're closer.

#9484 3 years ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Ok.. I will give that a try. Thank you.

I assume you've lifted the playfield before to work on things. If not, I always remove the balls from the trough so they don't go spilling out of the trough and end up raining down on your playfield when you lift it. I also turn the power to my games off so that I don't accidentally short something out. This is a Jersey Jack pop bumper video, but it explains the switch adjustment well starting at about the 6 minute mark. Good luck!

#9489 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

anyone else seeing this?

Not on Munsters, but my SW Comic Premium (October 2019 build). I started to see a little bit of this on a few inserts, but nothing got cracked like on your Munsters, I just noticed the slightest bit of "ghosting" and immediately investigated. It appeared that a few inserts were not glued into their pockets in the playfield securely, and were sinking or moving. I had some water thin Super Glue on hand from prior playfield restorations, so I put some of that in a syringe, and removed a lot of the light boards from under the playfield, and I injected that water thin super glue into the gaps between the insert and their pockets (making sure the inserts were as level as I could when I did it). This seems to have locked the problem inserts in place and there has been no additional signs of the inserts moving after almost a year.

Sucks that we have to do this with new machines. I got a BM66 and IMDN after the SW Comic Premium, and both those machines were recent builds(2019 & 2020), and they did not have this problem, so this seems like a spotty (but significant) problem from my experience.

6 months later
#10004 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I was surprised to learn it was the best selling game of 2019 as JP, Elvira, Black knight also came out that year.
https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/free-play-pinball-podcast-ep-4-the-one-where-dwight-sullivan-amanda-share-a-dream-while-bill-takes-a-nap/

I know people were nuts about it upon release, and Stern even upped the quantity of LE's to satisfy demand. Have they done that since? I really wanted (and still do) a black and white premium. However, I always hold off on NIB pin purchases for a couple of years to see how code shakes out. Whether fairly or unfairly, in my mind I had always assumed that the code on any Munsters game would rival The Addams Family in terms of modes and such, allowing me to play out my childhood memories of particular Munsters episodes in pinball form. As we all know, that didn't happen, at least as of yet. So I didn't end up buying a B/W Premium when I had the chance. I'd still like one eventually, as I love the playfield layout and art, and as time goes by I can see that even though the Munsters code is not the "modefest" that I always had in mind since the release of TAF, what is there is quite fun, and it's a really nice shooting pin.

#10019 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

JP is an ugly mess.

I dunno... I think JP is alright, not spectacular, but alright. I think it's hard to compare pretty much any pin to Munsters artwise. Franchi pretty much knocked the art packages out of the park on Munsters, especially the black and white IMO.

4 months later
#10388 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

it's custom. but i like it much better than the other short movies. It plays the munsters intro trailer now

That's too cool.

1 week later
#10446 2 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I was waiting for Thunderbird to sell his game but I guess thats not happening.

I lol'd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=Rum-Z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.