IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8864 3 years ago

The thumb screws look like the ones that keep the coin mechs in place on the back side of the coin door

#8866 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

This is a great place to post. I honestly believe that Munsters is one of the best bang for the buck games out there. It wasn't even on my radar until I played one on a whim while checking out a Monster Bash at a dealer. The art, video integration, and smooth play are top notch. Your friends and family won't care that it isn't a "top 10" on Pinside.

I'll agree with this - it's a nice nostalgic license and shoots well for the most part. Largely inoffensive yet very colorful and fun with good sound and nice animation and vibrant colors. I think your guests would enjoy it and if you have rotating guests you won't have to worry about them becoming tired of it over a long stretch of time.

Quoted from jotunheim:

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but thought it would certainly be good to get some owner's opinions. I am considering getting this game for a cabin we have in northern Wisconsin. I only have room for one machine and this seems like a great title for all ages and skill levels, but mostly casual and probably a lot of 2 and 4 player games. Personally, I love the theme, artwork and lower playfield and don't care as much if it does not have the deepest code, especially since we won't be there all the time. Recommend? I absolutely want a newer machine for reliability, sound quality, modern lighting, etc. Thanks!

1 month later
#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The Pro is a fine pin. It needs no apology. It plays just a little bit different without the mini-play field.

I agree. My wife and I have a pro and it is fun.

1 week later
#9022 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

While my Munsters is sitting powered on Standby it makes a knocking sound about every 5 minutes or so a single knock? I can here it from the other rooms of the house. Possibly like the noise Herman makes when you hit him. Is this normal? And when Herman moves is he supposed to sound a little like loose chains? Or is something need tightening below? Thanks guys
Maybe these two things are connected and not right?
Love the game though!

In attract mode the game pops Spot up from under the ramp every few minutes.

1 month later
#9121 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Looking serious at a Pro. Anybody can chime in here. Is it a mistake not to go premium on this pin? How is the overall reliability of the Munsters? For a low play HUO machine, what is a good price? No mods per se. Thanks. Any input is well appreciated.

I bought a Pro NIB after playing the LE in two very nice locations in Tennessee. The lower playfield felt a bit too much like FG /Shrek which is fine if you haven't played those games much but I've owned both before. My wife loves the TV show. I stress that this is MY feeling - the lower pf isn't crap or anything. For comparison's sake every time I'm in that location I walk up to Elvira HoH just hoping that THIS time it will grab me but it never has - so YMMV. The pro is fine and fun and looks very slick and though my wife plays it more than I do, no regrets with the purchase at all. Bright pretty colors (more on the Premium of course because the middle of the Pro is barren) good ramps simple rules with some hidden depth you don't discover on play 1. Just my opinion as requested.

#9124 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I have EHOH and it is absolutely awesome. You never stop seeing something new. I found it a little stop and go but you can stop the video by pressing both flippers. Give it another try.

Oh I will believe me.

#9135 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Think you’ll love Munsters, since it’s a great party game and easy to get into, with not too much depth.
I’m puzzled why some people say JJP has “unbelievable quality”??? I’ve purchased their product and have had nothing but issue after issue, with the hood up, almost as much as it’s down. I wonder if there is confusion with JJP machines being so heavy and loaded with parts since they use lots off the shelf parts, instead of more efficient use of proprietary parts like Sterns. The few JJPs in the arcades are mostly out of service much of the time, while I see Stern machines working all the time. My Munsters and other games have worked flawlessly from day one. Yes, Stern has some issues from time to time, but think Stern quality from Munsters going forward, has really improved.

My Munsters works great also, although in home not on location. The JJP tangent is odd; all I can offer is the anecdotal point that I have a WW LE out in a tavern and it holds up great.

#9137 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not really, I have friends that share the same experience as he does. I have friends who also have pooling and chipping playfields and they didn't get taken care of the way that they felt like they should have and now they are very disgruntled customers and will never buy from JJP again. True story

Sorry your friends had a bad experience.

#9139 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah me too. Nothing worse than buying a 10K or more pinball machine with the clearcoat chipping off of the playfield and the company that you bought it off of won't stand behind their product and make it right. It's a real shitty experience but it's the new norm now for pinball companies to do that to their customers.

I must be getting my spells again - I could have sworn this thread was about Munsters, which as far as I know was not made by JJP. This was the reason the shot the other poster took at JJP seemed like a complete non sequitur since the posts earlier were about Munsters (amazing). Then you jumped in to rail about JJP which still makes 6 other titles not Munsters.
So I don’t know carry on complaining if you like I’ll just say my wife and I have a Munsters and enjoy it.

#9141 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It is about Munsters but you said his rant about JJP games was odd and I was just letting you know that its actually not odd at all and is a pretty common rant among JJP owners.

Fair enough. I guess that follows then. JJP has lots of loyal customers and some big time haters especially on here but it’s part of doing business I guess. You cannot satisfy everyone that’s for sure. Okay. Moving on.

#9143 3 years ago

Aren’t there a bunch of anti - JJP threads your broke ass should be posting in?

#9146 3 years ago

They haven’t convinced everybody huh? Haters is just a phrase. Carry on trolling I can’t and frankly would not want to stop you.

#9148 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We are not trolling in a Munsters owners thread, since we are both owners. You’re the one trolling mate!

Excuse me I am a Munsters owner and like it very much but I got side tracked by your buddy who has an axe to grind. So grind. It’s part of every hobby and every forum pretty much today.

#9150 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm actually not trolling at all. Stern doesn't treat their customers any better......ask me how I know? Definitely not hating on JJP alone, I am hating on any pinball company that wont stand behind their product. You just need to stop acting like JJP is all that when they arent.

Yeah and I love Supersonic too. Okay as I said fair enough. You’re certainly 1) not alone in feeling that way and 2) entitled to feel that way if you feel you have been wronged and 3) free (relatively speaking) to post what you want where you want. I’m going to be biased toward JJP naturally and there are certainly problems but I’ve been in this hobby since I bought my first EM at 17 and pinball is why I’m here at the end of the day. I’m not denying the central idea of what you’re saying for sure. So that’s cool.

1 year later
#10484 2 years ago

Got the update done and my wife is playing now to see what's new and how it plays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballomatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=Pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.