IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaeg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3209 4 years ago

Thank you Easter Bunny! I'm in the Club

20190418_133744 (resized).jpg20190418_133744 (resized).jpg
#3216 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Congrats! What #? 46 here

#466. I haven't got much time on it yet but the artwork is amazing.

#3228 4 years ago
Quoted from aussiegeorge:

#467 here, Melborne,
Australia

I want to play #467

2 months later
#4882 4 years ago

Gma getting some games in before the fireworks.

20190703_182356 (resized).jpg20190703_182356 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5028 4 years ago

I'm picking up my topper tomorrow from my Stern distributor.

#5038 4 years ago

Topper install is very easy. Four screws on top, two plugs in back box and route wires thru existing wire guides. Instructions are short and simple with photos.

20190717_121530 (resized).jpg20190717_121530 (resized).jpg20190717_121826 (resized).jpg20190717_121826 (resized).jpg20190717_122029 (resized).jpg20190717_122029 (resized).jpg20190717_122204 (resized).jpg20190717_122204 (resized).jpg
#5040 4 years ago

Sorry but no videos of game play. The topper didn't work. My distro is awesome and let me exchange it for another and it too didn't work correctly. The first topper clock didn't spin and the raven didn't close all the way. The second topper the raven worked really well after I fixed the door hinge (pin slid down and half out of hinge) but the clock still didn't work. I'll try again when they get the bugs worked out. I love the way it looks and what its supposed to do.

#5053 4 years ago

The clock is supposed to turn while in attract mode and during gameplay. The raven pops out whenever you get raven callouts in the game. I also had a LED out in the clock. Both were packed very nice with no signs of poor handling during transport. I would expect broken plastics before damaging a metal gear if they were mishandled.

#5085 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I am now being told the clock should Not be running all the time. In test my topper is not registering opto test. So I was told the clock should show the hour on the topper. Clock should most likly run during raven multiball. I guess we need stern to announce what the topper is supposed to do.
Magicchiz

I could hear the motor in attract mode like it was supposed to be running and was told it should turn almost continuously in attract mode by Stern. I would prefer it to show the actual hour and only run continuously in certain modes. Mine didn't show the correct hour either. We definitely need some clarity and QC.

1 week later
#5225 4 years ago
Quoted from WildRun:

New Munsters owner and new poster here! I had my topper installed last week and then read Pinside comments. Seems like mine is working. My clock hand does not turn constantly, just moves about 5 hours every now and then. During Raven Multiball it does spin. And looks like raven pops out appropriately. I want to be sure mine is not defective.

Does it show the correct hour the games clock is set at?

3 months later
#6710 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Couple questions; Every so often the machine makes a noise, sort of like it is get the ball ready. It is a quick sound, but happens maybe 4 times an hour when the machine is left on and not played. The translite, goes off during game play and other times, as reacting to the game. I am new to actually own pinball machines, is this common on The Munsters game? My Batman 66 doesn't do that.

The noise could be Spot popping up and down during attract mode. Next time you hear it, look to see if Spot is up.

4 months later
#7444 4 years ago

With many of us having more time than ever to enjoy our games, I think it would be great customer goodwill for Stern to release code updates on many games in their lineup. Suprises on unannounced code updates in the next couple weeks would be a big win in my opinion. If production slows because of workforce or parts issues, I hope they focus in on code.

#7451 4 years ago

What flipper code gets you the Apricot clue?

#7471 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Well there are only 26 combinations H*M.
Also maybe just HM.
Also maybe Fred Gwynne’s initials?

FHG (Gwynne's initials) did not work for me. It was a good idea.

#7508 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is all this stuff that you all are talking about codes and stuff? It all sounds like some secret handshake BS puzzle.

Well its definitely not a handshake!

I got to play it once so far. Very cool secret mode.

#7514 4 years ago

I was joking about the handshake because it violates social distancing.
Cabal broke the code and details it best in post #7500. As far as I can tell the Playghoul thing never turned out to be part of the clues.

#7538 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’ve played it quite a few times now:
#1 Does not carry over to next ball (I think)
#2 If you collect all five characters, mode is over and you receive some bonus points.
Now with every push of the start button, I have to go through the sequence to activate mania every time. Hope Dwight will fix that, now that the cat is out of the bag. Since it is no longer a “Secret Mania”. And please give us one of the other scant few modes, Midnight madness! Never up till midnight or I have to trick my machine to come on earlier and then the topper coo-coo clock no longer displays the correct hour. Sheeesh, come on Dwight.

Once Secret Mania is unlocked, it should just be part of the game without having to do the sequence every time. Similar to Metallica, once you reach 'End Of The Line' it unlocks it on the song list.

#7540 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Interesting. How do you start the mode once it’s “part of the game?”

It just adds the song to the playlist but it doesn't change the modes (from what I understand as I've never made it myself)

#7544 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

So just the song is unlocked? You still have to do the flipper code to actually play the mode though? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Maybe it's not a great comparison. I just wish that once the Secret Mania is played on a machine that you no longer had to enter the flipper code at the start of a each new game. After its discover, who would ever want to play without this additional mode in the game.

2 weeks later
#7772 4 years ago

Elvira got a code drop today before being streamed this evening. I haven't seen the schedule but someone said Munsters is being streamed Wednesday. Is there any hope for us tomorrow???

#7851 3 years ago

I received my 3d printed rail support and got it installed. Thank you cabal & mkk629 for being outstanding members of the pinball community. My second game after I got it installed I set the GC score which makes it even better.

4 weeks later
#8378 3 years ago

Joined the topper club again today. This one was tweaked by johnnypinball or with his recommendations and is working great. Looks very good and really completes this machine.

IMG_20200515_165935216 (resized).jpgIMG_20200515_165935216 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#8494 3 years ago

Thank goodness this game doesn't have a selfie camera built in. I find myself using my chin to hit the zap button during Munster Madness while trying to look up to watch what my topper is doing. It has to be a ridiculous sight.

#8500 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

This topper is a disaster right from the start..good idea backed up with inferior build. Sry to all those who spent the $400 plus..of course you have to defend your purchase...and will basically ignore all the additional work you yourself may have had to do to make this tolerable. For this price it should come right..especially since this is now round 2..and people Still have issues. What part of it ain't right yet are we trying to hide?? haters go hate if this offends you...but there are some facts here that I think you can't ignore if you are honest..did some get lucky? maybe..as well as some not. I'll wait till the show is over, and all seems "fixed" from stern.Why is it so hard for them to get this right?? Honest question. Go ahead and kill me for saying what many are thinking...someone has to say it..I'll take the heat..haha

I don't disagree with you. My first two toppers went back to Stern. I was hesitant to buy another but my distributer fixed my current topper with the assistance of or following the guidelines posted in this forum by johnnypinball and tested it until he felt it was going to work as intended. This is why I will keep buying from him. Should he have to fix these? No, but he wants happy repeat customers. I hope Stern compensates him in some way but that's between him and Stern.
A working topper is really fun and compliments this machine very nicely. The lack of quality control is hard to understand.

#8525 3 years ago

Regarding price and value:

Iron Maiden static topper with no mechs $400
Munster topper with mechs/coil $425

Munsters appears to have as much mechanically as the Star Wars topper $900

I want the IM topper but it's an even harder pill to swallow.

5 months later
#9231 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Dang, I was really hoping after seeing all the posts there was some news of an update.
I own two of the most despised machines on pinside from stern lately. Munsters and Stranger things. People keep on saying that Munsters was meant to be a throwback simple code machine but I don't know what machine that is supposed to be. Mb, mm, afm, all are significantly deeper code wise. Maybe they are talking about 80s williams like space station or f-14...
To me, stranger things is what a throwback machine should be. It has a good set of goals that require specific shots around the playfield. I love 90s machines and really love playing them. NST is very reminiscent of 90s machines but building on it with modern tech. I am sure I am in the minority with this assessment but I can't stop hitting the start button on that machine. I think my stats in the pic paint a picture considering Munsters is a year older.
With the multiplayer bugs and grandpa/spot stacking issue Munsters feels like stranger things did at .90 to me. If only they gave it another few months to bake.
Like others I'm not going to be buying another Dwight machine for a while. In fact I put my money where my mouth is and have a new Guardians on order. Passed on tmnt for it
[quoted image]

I also passed on TMNT for similar reasons.

2 months later
#9585 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

My lower pf window has gotten cloudier over time. I wonder if this is because I put Novus 2 on the surface of the playfield. Should I stop doing that?

I use Novus 2 on mine and it doesn't seem to hurt it. I was wondering the same thing. I've found that when it gets cloudy, most of the grime is the bottom side from the mini play field. After cleaning both sides, mine cleans up pretty clear.

10 months later
#10338 2 years ago

Stern has stated that eventually all Spike 2 games get Insider Connected compatible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jaeg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=Jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.