New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 233776)

1313 Mockingbird Lane ~ MUNSTERS Club.

By Monte

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9,344 posts
  • 459 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,693 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Reliable Sources (resized).jpg
munsters foam (resized).jpg
28E25AF4-E92F-4849-A18B-2AE573F75084 (resized).jpeg
E3ABE84B-B0DF-4ED2-87AC-E7CAAFD13B19 (resized).jpeg
7D36D286-0525-479A-A3A6-DB817ACE4209 (resized).jpeg
A6BB2BF6-ED0D-479A-BF50-D47A0933D51F (resized).jpeg
mun pro black and white pst (resized).jpg
IMG_20201025_223612820 (resized).jpg
20201101_132438 (resized).jpg
3688f6934f6232bd956666da745ce29c6397f25c (resized).jpg
20201031_100912 (resized).jpg
20201029_220114 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homebru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5780 1 year ago

^^That is so dang cool!

Munster koach or anything Barris is beyond spectacular. Eddie signing is icing on the cake. Lucky man!

1 week later
#6016 1 year ago

Ok...I'm in!

Just got one. Total dream them for me. I'm 50 and have loved The Munsters all my life! Franchi really nailed it on the art. I think the Black and White is stunning and moreso in person than in pics.

About 30 games in, and I really like the gameplay. It is addictive. Glad I didn't follow the mob.

Waiting on the shaker, as the seller listed it with shaker motor, but forgot to install it. How well is it integrated?

Lastly, I haven't updated code yet, but my topper neither lights up, nor moves.

20190926_122353 (resized).jpg
#6049 1 year ago

There is only one thing I do not like about this machine.....

The power switch location! This is the only modern Stern I have, and it gets me every, damn, time.

#6052 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Get a remote like most of us do, home depot amazon etc....

Never thought of that. I was more complaining about reaching under the right leg only to be foiled!

Do you have a link by chance?

Thanks

#6054 1 year ago

that is pretty cool!

#6056 1 year ago
Quoted from dashv:

Agreed. Took me a while to find it the first time. Instructions were no help. Wasn’t until I looked at the parts locations over 30 pages into the manual that I saw it was on the underside of the backbox.
Which is ridiculous. Makes it such a pain to turn on when sitting beside other pins.

Same happened to me. I knew it was on the head and it wasn't where I thought it would be. And yes, it is more difficult slipping between pins.

1 week later
#6121 1 year ago

Based on feedback from this thread, I changed Grandpa's Lab flipper to soft....major improvement if you ask me. Much more control...less bouncy bounce.

Does anyone else have an issue with the mini ball getting stuck on top of/behind the right basement flipper?

Usually have to tilt to get it dislodged.

1 week later
#6297 1 year ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Hello, I realize it mostly comes down to a preference, but I just want to see what others thoughts are on this. I am on the fence for the B&W vs Color for the Premium version.
Thank you

One thing you should do is see them in person if you can. I think the B/W looks much better in person than in photos.

For me it fits the theme better, and is a bit striking looking compared to pins next to it. Also has not been done many times in pin history. I love the color pops of the inserts.

I do like the color Premium and I was on the fence until I saw B/W in person. The color seems more punchy and garish...almost like a colorized b/w photo.

Either way, I think you'll like a Premium. *For me* it has the best artwork package. I much prefer the Premium cabinet and apron over the LE, and even the translite to a lesser extent. It almost seems like the Preem cabinet should have been LE and vice versa.

#6326 1 year ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I have placed an order for the B&W Premium, after going back and forth, I felt the B&W was more to my liking. Now the next step, how do you go about installing the Art Blades? I have Batman 66, and I bought the Art Blade for that also, but to this day never installed it. Thank you advance for your feedback on how to install Art Blades.

Cool. And congrats. I've had mine over a month and I still absolutley love it. I hope you do too.

BTW, my B&W Preem came with the b/w art blades factory installed. I think it is a must on Munsters. Really looks good.

I did install art blades on a couple others. I'd recommend watching a few YouTube videos. I installed using windex method with playfield in. Good luck.

2 weeks later
#6541 1 year ago

Funny. I like shaker motors, and in my opinion the one in my Munsters is pretty meh. It doesn't seem well integrated as a mode effect, just sort of random shakes.

I think WOZ is one of the best integrated shakers if you ask me.

#6542 1 year ago

By the way, for all the bashing of this game, as a 40 year player of pinball with 4 machines, if I only have 15 mins to play a game, MUN gets it every time (2 months owner).

2 months later
#7129 10 months ago

I can't figure out how to delete the photos I added, so disregard this post.

#7130 10 months ago

Woohoo. I finally got MMII! Best High Score and lots others too. I got halfway through MMII on the first ball and actually got 3 modes through MMIII! I've had it for 6 months now, and just got in the zone on the one and only game I played today.

Munster Madness 2 didn't have any balls in Grandpas basement. Is that normal? When I got to the third level, I got Grandpa multiball, so I know it wasn't stuck balls or anything.

What a great game. Multiball in any pinball has always been my favorite and The Munsters is flush with MB modes.

Patiently waiting for toppers to be back in stock.

Chris

20200126_153158 (resized).jpg20200126_151718 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#7227 9 months ago

That is an awesome diaroma. I have Munsters figures...where did you get the Munsters living room?

Thanks,
Chris

2 weeks later
#7335 9 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

Hi, i attached them.
there are screwholes in the spiderweb to fasten them very tightly if you like. I did not put them in. It works without them.
I think for home use it's ok, but if you want to have it on an open site, i would tighten them more.
There is an silver carton behind the black web, this creates more contrast. Before i bought them i had clear plastik button protectors.
I put them between carton and the steel web. This protects the silver, but the steelweb is bend a little of the pinball side.
But without them, i think it will definitly be good without additional screws.[quoted image][quoted image]

I LOVE my B/W Munsters web rails!

15829299349306932560911166383553 (resized).jpg
#7340 9 months ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

They look beautiful especially with the added writing. Did you do that yourself?

I did not do them. Mine came that way. I do think someone on here who powdercoats offers them though.

Chris

4 weeks later
#7551 8 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

What software version are you using?
I Thunderbird has a Premium and he got it working, maybe he can give more detailed informatin how it works on the Prem/LE versions.
With the text Message "Welcome to the Munsters" it should be activated. Did you try it in Multiplayer? Then you need to activate it for each player separatly.
"Played Grandpa 2 Times" you went trough and it played the Lower Playfield in your LE 2 Times?
On the Pro i only need to play it one time, and next time when grandpa is lit, it will not play a 2nd time, it starts the secret mania instead.

Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have a LE and decided to try secret mania. I took the glass off entered the code and the screen said
Welcome to the Munsters. I played grandpa 2 times but nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong ?

I had the same issue. Got the message Welcome to Munsters. 2x Grandpa then nothing. I also have an LE.

1 month later
#8424 6 months ago

Would someone please post the Qty and sizes of Titan rubbers needed for the basement?

I know I saw it in this thread recently and I skimmed through the last 10 pages and made several search queries, but I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance...tired of cleaning, clouding.

#8431 6 months ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Look at post #7962 in this thread (about the 160 page mark). Finplanner replies to the same question I posed back then.
I haven’t ordered them yet, but will at some point.
Hope this helps!

Big time. Thanks!

1 month later
#8701 5 months ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Great seller! ... I got a BM66 from DeathHimself ... the pin was in perfect condition with a lot of awesome mods.
I now have a BM66 and a Munsters Pro next to each other ... I am a happy camper!

Me too! Great 60s combo meal.

1 month later
#8849 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I keep coming back to Munsters on my wishlist. Is the code similar to MB? Essentially, you just collect all of the characters, then have a mini-wizard mode once they’re all together?
Are the two games comparable code-wise? Both on my wishlist, so trying to decide.

I think they are very similar personally...especially the modes for a wizard mode. I think the shots are harder in MUN. I think the toys are better in MB. I think the video and callouts are better in MUN. I like the artwork in MB very much, but I think the B/W premium MUN is one of the best ever. MB seems more finished overall, but as an older game with easier shots, I tire of it quicker. I do have some deeper games to balance MUN. I really love it. 90s games like MB, TZ, TAF, CFTBL, etc are awesome, but at this point I get bored with them easier compared to games from the last 10 years. Kind of like classic cars.. I LOVE the lines of the 60s and 70s cars,, but it is hard to beat modern power, convenience and reliability.. YMMV

1 week later
#8906 3 months ago
Quoted from Kilowog:

Red LED's under the ramp.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher
Really like it and it gets your attention when he pops up.

Fantastic mod. Great price....$15 and to my door in 3 days. Good instructions and easy install. It really makes Spot mode more special. I love to see the lights.

Maybe my best mod/$ ever.

Thanks,
Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hanover, VA
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homebru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside