pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homebru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5780 4 years ago

^^That is so dang cool!

Munster koach or anything Barris is beyond spectacular. Eddie signing is icing on the cake. Lucky man!

1 week later
#6016 4 years ago

Ok...I'm in!

Just got one. Total dream them for me. I'm 50 and have loved The Munsters all my life! Franchi really nailed it on the art. I think the Black and White is stunning and moreso in person than in pics.

About 30 games in, and I really like the gameplay. It is addictive. Glad I didn't follow the mob.

Waiting on the shaker, as the seller listed it with shaker motor, but forgot to install it. How well is it integrated?

Lastly, I haven't updated code yet, but my topper neither lights up, nor moves.

20190926_122353 (resized).jpg20190926_122353 (resized).jpg
#6049 4 years ago

There is only one thing I do not like about this machine.....

The power switch location! This is the only modern Stern I have, and it gets me every, damn, time.

#6052 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Get a remote like most of us do, home depot amazon etc....

Never thought of that. I was more complaining about reaching under the right leg only to be foiled!

Do you have a link by chance?

Thanks

#6054 4 years ago

that is pretty cool!

#6056 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Agreed. Took me a while to find it the first time. Instructions were no help. Wasn’t until I looked at the parts locations over 30 pages into the manual that I saw it was on the underside of the backbox.
Which is ridiculous. Makes it such a pain to turn on when sitting beside other pins.

Same happened to me. I knew it was on the head and it wasn't where I thought it would be. And yes, it is more difficult slipping between pins.

1 week later
#6121 4 years ago

Based on feedback from this thread, I changed Grandpa's Lab flipper to soft....major improvement if you ask me. Much more control...less bouncy bounce.

Does anyone else have an issue with the mini ball getting stuck on top of/behind the right basement flipper?

Usually have to tilt to get it dislodged.

1 week later
#6297 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Hello, I realize it mostly comes down to a preference, but I just want to see what others thoughts are on this. I am on the fence for the B&W vs Color for the Premium version.
Thank you

One thing you should do is see them in person if you can. I think the B/W looks much better in person than in photos.

For me it fits the theme better, and is a bit striking looking compared to pins next to it. Also has not been done many times in pin history. I love the color pops of the inserts.

I do like the color Premium and I was on the fence until I saw B/W in person. The color seems more punchy and garish...almost like a colorized b/w photo.

Either way, I think you'll like a Premium. *For me* it has the best artwork package. I much prefer the Premium cabinet and apron over the LE, and even the translite to a lesser extent. It almost seems like the Preem cabinet should have been LE and vice versa.

#6326 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I have placed an order for the B&W Premium, after going back and forth, I felt the B&W was more to my liking. Now the next step, how do you go about installing the Art Blades? I have Batman 66, and I bought the Art Blade for that also, but to this day never installed it. Thank you advance for your feedback on how to install Art Blades.

Cool. And congrats. I've had mine over a month and I still absolutley love it. I hope you do too.

BTW, my B&W Preem came with the b/w art blades factory installed. I think it is a must on Munsters. Really looks good.

I did install art blades on a couple others. I'd recommend watching a few YouTube videos. I installed using windex method with playfield in. Good luck.

2 weeks later
#6541 4 years ago

Funny. I like shaker motors, and in my opinion the one in my Munsters is pretty meh. It doesn't seem well integrated as a mode effect, just sort of random shakes.

I think WOZ is one of the best integrated shakers if you ask me.

#6542 4 years ago

By the way, for all the bashing of this game, as a 40 year player of pinball with 4 machines, if I only have 15 mins to play a game, MUN gets it every time (2 months owner).

2 months later
#7129 4 years ago

I can't figure out how to delete the photos I added, so disregard this post.

#7130 4 years ago

Woohoo. I finally got MMII! Best High Score and lots others too. I got halfway through MMII on the first ball and actually got 3 modes through MMIII! I've had it for 6 months now, and just got in the zone on the one and only game I played today.

Munster Madness 2 didn't have any balls in Grandpas basement. Is that normal? When I got to the third level, I got Grandpa multiball, so I know it wasn't stuck balls or anything.

What a great game. Multiball in any pinball has always been my favorite and The Munsters is flush with MB modes.

Patiently waiting for toppers to be back in stock.

Chris

20200126_153158 (resized).jpg20200126_153158 (resized).jpg20200126_151718 (resized).jpg20200126_151718 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#7227 4 years ago

That is an awesome diaroma. I have Munsters figures...where did you get the Munsters living room?

Thanks,
Chris

2 weeks later
#7335 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Hi, i attached them.
there are screwholes in the spiderweb to fasten them very tightly if you like. I did not put them in. It works without them.
I think for home use it's ok, but if you want to have it on an open site, i would tighten them more.
There is an silver carton behind the black web, this creates more contrast. Before i bought them i had clear plastik button protectors.
I put them between carton and the steel web. This protects the silver, but the steelweb is bend a little of the pinball side.
But without them, i think it will definitly be good without additional screws.[quoted image][quoted image]

I LOVE my B/W Munsters web rails!

15829299349306932560911166383553 (resized).jpg15829299349306932560911166383553 (resized).jpg
#7340 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

They look beautiful especially with the added writing. Did you do that yourself?

I did not do them. Mine came that way. I do think someone on here who powdercoats offers them though.

Chris

4 weeks later
#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

What software version are you using?
I Thunderbird has a Premium and he got it working, maybe he can give more detailed informatin how it works on the Prem/LE versions.
With the text Message "Welcome to the Munsters" it should be activated. Did you try it in Multiplayer? Then you need to activate it for each player separatly.
"Played Grandpa 2 Times" you went trough and it played the Lower Playfield in your LE 2 Times?
On the Pro i only need to play it one time, and next time when grandpa is lit, it will not play a 2nd time, it starts the secret mania instead.

Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have a LE and decided to try secret mania. I took the glass off entered the code and the screen said
Welcome to the Munsters. I played grandpa 2 times but nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong ?

I had the same issue. Got the message Welcome to Munsters. 2x Grandpa then nothing. I also have an LE.

1 month later
#8424 3 years ago

Would someone please post the Qty and sizes of Titan rubbers needed for the basement?

I know I saw it in this thread recently and I skimmed through the last 10 pages and made several search queries, but I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance...tired of cleaning, clouding.

#8431 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Look at post #7962 in this thread (about the 160 page mark). Finplanner replies to the same question I posed back then.
I haven’t ordered them yet, but will at some point.
Hope this helps!

Big time. Thanks!

1 month later
#8701 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Great seller! ... I got a BM66 from DeathHimself ... the pin was in perfect condition with a lot of awesome mods.
I now have a BM66 and a Munsters Pro next to each other ... I am a happy camper!

Me too! Great 60s combo meal.

1 month later
#8849 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I keep coming back to Munsters on my wishlist. Is the code similar to MB? Essentially, you just collect all of the characters, then have a mini-wizard mode once they’re all together?
Are the two games comparable code-wise? Both on my wishlist, so trying to decide.

I think they are very similar personally...especially the modes for a wizard mode. I think the shots are harder in MUN. I think the toys are better in MB. I think the video and callouts are better in MUN. I like the artwork in MB very much, but I think the B/W premium MUN is one of the best ever. MB seems more finished overall, but as an older game with easier shots, I tire of it quicker. I do have some deeper games to balance MUN. I really love it. 90s games like MB, TZ, TAF, CFTBL, etc are awesome, but at this point I get bored with them easier compared to games from the last 10 years. Kind of like classic cars.. I LOVE the lines of the 60s and 70s cars,, but it is hard to beat modern power, convenience and reliability.. YMMV

1 week later
#8906 3 years ago
Quoted from Kilowog:

Red LED's under the ramp.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-munsters-pinball-spot-lighted-ramp-flasher
Really like it and it gets your attention when he pops up.

Fantastic mod. Great price....$15 and to my door in 3 days. Good instructions and easy install. It really makes Spot mode more special. I love to see the lights.

Maybe my best mod/$ ever.

Thanks,
Chris

3 months later
#9412 3 years ago

Hahaha. Munsters Midnight Madness Mode. I thought my machine had gone on the fritz! I was "this" close to power cycling it! So fun!

2 years later
#11671 9 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

This pin is not for everyone, especially if you like deep code or music pins, but for me Chris Franchi's artwork can't be beat. Still the best looking Stern pin out there in my opinion. I've actually never watched a Munsters show in my life but the combination of great artwork, amazing shots/flow, horror theme, along with the unique B&W model makes this a keeper for my family. Throw in some canned laughter with the campy humor and you got a fun pin. "Don't be frighten. I'll protect you. What are you talking about? The thing. The horrible thing"

Agree completely. The B&W Premium is some of the best art ever!
Shame the code doomed it for so long, as it is really good now. But it has raised the value based on lower sales and I think long run the B&W Premium will be the one most sought after.

#11677 9 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

if you like the callouts on the machine you need to watch the series. The good old all normal american Family struggling with life. I have watched it so many times. The Munsters Pinball is just a dream theme for me. Each Episode of the series is just over 20 Minutes, not much time wasted but it will enrich your life forever. The old Movies are fun too and in Color (for the pro and le users )

Agreed. I'll bet I've watched each episode 20+ times in a lifetime since it was on when I grew up in syndication. We watch the movies too every couple of years. Dream theme indeed.

#11682 9 months ago

I love both too. But for my money, The Munsters OG series is much funnier. It errs more on the side of funny and sticky situations. For sure more campy and wholesome too. Addams is a bit weirder and darker...still funny, but more on the macabre side. I use this term loosely as it isn't exactly scary. Also, as I see it, Addams seemed a bit more repetitive in terms of themes: visitors to the house being scared.
Whereas Munsters had more variety of story lines. I think I'm in the minority though. Most online polls have AF beating The Munsters.

Also IMO, Herman>Gomez, Lily>Morticia, Grandpa>Grandmama, but Fester>Marilyn (not in looks obvs). Addams kids and Eddie are roughly =.

Also I have had a Lawlor Addams pinball and a Munsters pin. Addams was much more groundbreaking for the time, but for ME it got boring quicker than my Munsters. I had Munsters and Addams for roughly the same time ~3 years, but when I had Addams we were in France and it was my only pin during expatriation. Still, if you said I could have only one or the other today, it'd be MUN no question.

MUN was a dream theme for me. Well executed (finally).

I'd love to see an OG Addams Family Series themed pin (vs Raul Julia movies). Based on the Wednesday series hype on NF, I think it could be good timing. I'd 100% buy it.

#11683 9 months ago

After saying all that I just went down and rang up a 444M score on MUN. Sadly I couldn't hit the scoop to start another Munster Madness and collect the extra ball! Grrtrt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homebru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=Homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.