pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HarrieD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

There are some really tough guys on this board let me tell you. Talk tough, show little respect for other opinions. First off to the idiots who assume I'm selling something I'm not. I own a huge haunted house and inside that haunted house we have corporate party room where we have 11 pinball games all horror themed. I bought Munsters LE without ever seeing it because it will fit in nice as a THEME!
I think I clearly said to the idiots who can't read, that I have not seen or played the LE only reviewed the PRO. Sorry the PRO IS BORING ULTRA BORING.
If it's so great then why has it already fallen into the middle of the top 100 and I would bet will sink even more soon because the game is a BORE!
I'm entitled to my opinion without a bunch of stern can do no wrong idiots trashing me.
Fact is Stern could spend more time on their games to try and make something original do something different. Why not make the games wifi ready, put camera's in, create some technology so you can play against friends in other locations, make updates automatic without USB sticks. Or how about just make a game that is totally original without copying games you previously made.
That is my opinion.

Damn man, those are some strong words.

Let me say, if you think The Munsters is a bore than this is your own opinion and hey, we're all entitled to our own opinion. I haven't read your posts regarding this issue, I just want to read about other people's opinion on the game and stumbled accross your reply. I surely hope you might find the time for some reflection, this kind of behaviour is not expected on a public board and only shows disrespect and maybe you should consider to leave the premises.

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Here’s a few things I’ve done to my pro and love it !! I added the plastic protector set and led ramp lights from Mezel mods I also added a shaker which is a must and I took a little piece of felt and added to the metal bar that moves Herman . This helped the metal clanging sound somewhat. I bought the new art blades from pin graphix as well and have just a few more things I want to add . I’m not a big mod guy but this pin is just to fun and pretty not to.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is one fine looking machine. Can't wait to order mine.
I should add some green or purple trough lighting to light up the dark area between the flippers.

1 month later
#3094 5 years ago

So, got the chance on playing the munsters for the first time last weekend. Local distributor set up both pro as the LE edition. For me this was a big question, I want a "the Munsters" based on the theme, the looks and the vids I watched. Now my own debate was wether I would go for the pro or the premium.

The premium has that georgious black and white artwork (yeah I know, not all of you agree with me but for me this is the most beautiful artwork I have ever seen on a pin, based on the pics on internet), and the mini playfield. The rest is like the pro so I had so be sure that the extra 2K is worth spending.
So I played both, apart from the miniplayfield there is no difference in rules from the both versions. I saw that some inserts had no space on the playfield and are moved above both ramps, I like them both ways, although the leds above the ramps are giving the playfield somewhat the look that there is "more going on" there, I liked that slightly better than the inserts. On the other hand it the inserts are better readable.

Then the mini playfield, liked it the first time, liked it less the second time, found it to be a game slower from the third time and forward. Disliked it so bad that I actually asked the vendor if this feature can be disabled. The little tiny balls made it feel like I was playing a toy pinball machine and had little to no addition to the game. I love the way it looks by the way and find it a great looking toy to a great game.

Sound and music: boy, the volume on that machine was loud and I was annoyed as hell....... untill I played it, that machine came to life, I loved it, wow wow wow.

Movieclips: Loved them, only the bonus points clip annoyed me (maybe I drain too much )

Rules: well, that's a thingie. I love the theme, artwork and the overall look and feel of the machine. But you must play Lily, Grandpa, Spot, Herman, and 1 or 2 others. I am not worlds greatest pinball player and have played it for an hour yesterday and got 5 of the 6 modes (or 4 out of 5?). Is this a sustainable machine?? I don't know. I saw more people complaining about this, is it a keeper? I really don't know. Lots of machines are already for sale and that's no good sign.
What I like on modern stens is that you can choose the mode when starting the first ball (like on GOTG), it's a shame that this isn't available on the munsters.

Lightshow: I love the lightshow on this machine. If I buy one I will add some lighting in the rail behind the playfield, and replace the red and orange flasher caps for green ones.

Overall I got a great feeling about this pin, I will most definitaly buy one. It will be the pro edition though, all the toys are in there, except for that mini playfield which annoyed me anyway.
Great thanks to the vendor for his warm welcome and great execution of his customer experience.

tm1 (resized).jpgtm1 (resized).jpgtm2 (resized).jpgtm2 (resized).jpg
#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Has anyone added spotlights to their Pro to improve lighting in the middle of the playfield? I was thinking about adding a backboard light strip but not sure that’ll help the middle of the playfield.

Whenever a playfield is dim in the middle part I add spots on the slingshots posts. Easy to route the wiring and because of the fact the spot is facing from you it will never blind you. Also add some trough lighting.

2 weeks later
#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

They do extend out a little past the plastics , I guess it was just my poor camera angles, but hey if you need someone to take pictures to make someone thinner then what they really are then I’m your man lol. Here are a few more shots.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why didn’t you remove those fugly washers?

#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not sure really, maybe just left it for the added barrier of protection.........

Yeah, just protect them protectors.....

2 weeks later
#4310 4 years ago

Well, got mine last evening. Super stoked of course!
Had to remove the head and playfield to get it to the second floor up 2 stairs but as we did this for numerous occasions this was no issue whatsoever. It only takes some time to execute.

tm11 (resized).jpgtm11 (resized).jpgtm12 (resized).jpgtm12 (resized).jpgtm13 (resized).jpgtm13 (resized).jpg
#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Is that celebrity wall a bunch of pics one atop the other or is it a wall paper ? Looks cool ! Congrats on getting a great game .

Thanks! It was a "kit" with 64 seperate letter format pictures in black and white. Glued them on the wall and came out really nice.

#4331 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Why don't you just stretch a rubber band across the two posts? Then it won't drain at all.

I moved the post a position down and added bigger rubbers. Doesn't keep all balls from draining but helps a lot.

IMG_8300 (resized).JPGIMG_8300 (resized).JPG
#4332 4 years ago

Added some extra's, green flipper rubbers, a bigger sub and custom apron cards. And a sheet of clear glass (non mirroring).
IMG_8297 (resized).JPGIMG_8297 (resized).JPGIMG_8298 (resized).JPGIMG_8298 (resized).JPGIMG_8299 (resized).JPGIMG_8299 (resized).JPGIMG_8301 (resized).JPGIMG_8301 (resized).JPG

IMG_8306 (resized).JPGIMG_8306 (resized).JPGIMG_8305 (resized).JPGIMG_8305 (resized).JPGIMG_8304 (resized).JPGIMG_8304 (resized).JPG
#4403 4 years ago

Hmm, another thought. I just added a The Munsters Pro to my collection and so far I love it. The machine is well balanced and with my limited skills I can play a decent game where I got munster madness in the first ball yesterday and almost hit 100M points. (5 ball game, ball saver off).

But my current collection is: BOP, CFTBL, Whirlwind, Funhouse, The Munsters and Twilight Zone. Funhouse en TZ will never leave, CFTBL I see leaving in the near future. BOP might be replaced by TAF perhaps. And then I have TZ/TAF, WW/FH and TM/???

So I was wondering which machine would go with TM. I agreed with myself that it should be a modern stern with that crazy ass display. I liked Aerosmith but after playing it for several occasions last 6 months I got bored with it. Maybe the best machine to match TM is a GOTG? I played GOTG in Spain last year and I think this is a great machine. Or batman66? I love that theme and loved the gameplay. Or a deadpool? I don't like the red though but found it a fun game to play.

What do you guys think?

tm12 (resized).jpgtm12 (resized).jpg
#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Batman and Munsters go hand in hand. Both awesome ever green themes. Let’s face it, famous good TV themes have staying power. Much more than a single movie.

There is a great truth in that. I love my TZ for that matter, on the other hand, I also love the BTTF trilogy but my BTTF pin left the building because I couldn't care less for it.

#4410 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I finally had a bit of a break through last night and hit a 13M super jackpot. I like the use of the button, much more than Star Wars. Flashing blue, hit it to charge the ZAP for those jackpots, when it flashes red, hold if you want to cancel scoring the super jackpots. I waited til I had 3 built up and 6x multiplier. I'm really loving this machine and glad I didn't listen to the negativity.

Love the sound of cancelling the super jackpot. Escpecially with that new subwoofer the whole cabinet "oomphes".

1 week later
#4502 4 years ago

Are they dynamic, or is the "animation" in a static loop?

1 week later
#4630 4 years ago
2905B5BA-A9AD-4A49-9BB3-CC46ED2C5124 (resized).jpeg2905B5BA-A9AD-4A49-9BB3-CC46ED2C5124 (resized).jpeg
#4631 4 years ago

In the category "what has been seen cannot be unseen":

I think the shoes of Marilyn on the backglass (pro edition) are way off, like she has orthopedic feet or something.

1F1BDC61-D130-4BE0-BD90-424748368E87 (resized).jpeg1F1BDC61-D130-4BE0-BD90-424748368E87 (resized).jpeg

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So I upgraded my Pro speakers to the LE ones. Must say it is a significant improvement! The sound is much clearer and with more definition. Always felt that the sound was muffled before and guess I was right. Would say it is the best upgrade of all that I've made so far (shaker, mirror blades, tons of other mods).

Got some pictures to share? Where can one buy them?

#4695 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

How does pro hold up against the others? I'm not a big fan of mini playfields.
Is pro worth getting?

Personally I would have loved the premium over the pro. I could not justify the extra 2K however so I bought the pro and I love it. Such a wonderful machine and I think it will keep its value over time where the market for a prem or LE will be much tougher.

#4709 4 years ago

Does anyone know what those 8 dots right to the zap meter mean? They shift when you press the flipper buttons.

5A9E5718-07A2-4C70-857F-0506B2E316CE (resized).jpeg5A9E5718-07A2-4C70-857F-0506B2E316CE (resized).jpeg
#4818 4 years ago

Good game yesterday.
5 ball with ball save option enabled.

44BD0141-94D3-4C5E-B30E-4A1346F4CD2A (resized).jpeg44BD0141-94D3-4C5E-B30E-4A1346F4CD2A (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4992 4 years ago

Just had my first Midnight Madness. Had read about it in this forum and on flippers.be but was completely unaware of such a feature.

But what a mega cool feature, I thought I broke my machine and got goosebumps all over. It boosted my high score beyond 140 mil.

#4993 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Cool story, I posted on Facebook Monday the 8th.
I’ll try to get a vid up tomorrow, Franchi has been trolling me to do so.
Life, work and shit has been in the way.[quoted image][quoted image]

Now THAT'S a topper! Much better than all the other crap hanging around.

1 week later
#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I received my topper last Wednesday but haven’t had the time to open it up and install it until tonight . I’ve been reading all the issues with them but thought surely mine will be ok. Surely they didn’t screw up that bad ... and look what was the first thing I noticed....A HANDLESS CLOCK!!!! [quoted image]

Even Herman disapproves. Grandpa isn't so thrilled either. Lily on the other hand is looking guilty as hell and might know more about where you might find the answer to this conquest.

#5192 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It’s hard to imagine why my last post would get a downvote. For being understanding and easy going? Some odd things happen on pinside.

Why someone is complaining about a downvote always baffles me. I guess someone doesn't agree with you and that -in my eyes- is one of the strengths of a forum.

3 weeks later
#5526 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

LE since day 1... never had a stuck ball. Should I be worried?

Try switching on the machine

1 month later
#5897 4 years ago

I replaced the stock cabinet speaker with a JBL Stage 810 4Ohm subwoofer for that extra oooompf. What a difference! If you cancel the super jackpot the whole machine rumbles.

Using it for 3 months now, was reluctant on announcing it here as I was uncertain about the stress it would add to the amplifier on the Spike2 board. Using it on both my The Munsters as my Guardians of the Galaxy and so far it holds up great (250 plays on TM and 200 on GOTG) so I can securely assume this is a mod you can safely execute.

jbl810 (resized).jpgjbl810 (resized).jpg
#5905 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is this the sub you bought?
JBL Stage 810 8" 200-Watt Subwoofer amazon.com link »

That's the one

#5906 4 years ago

That's the one

#5915 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the decal, that's a very nice touch. Personally I am not fond of powdercoated legs and lockbar. This machine is no exception to that but I love the effort some people take to personalize their machine. Great job on that one, it is nicely executed.

#5917 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What’s the ohm rating on the stock sub?

4 Ohm. Replacement also 4 Ohm.
I removed the sub from the munsters and placed it in my GOTG when it arrived and the whole sound cut "dead" from TM. So dead that I didn't play it anymore until my new sub arrived for TM. Now it is alive again.

Easy 50 dollar upgrade that will give a nice addition to your game. It is not earth shaking but really gives that extra ooompf this machine misses.

#5922 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

If both are the same resistance there should be absolutely no concern of the new JBL sub overtaxing the Spike2 amplifier board. Sounds like a great upgrade! Ha!

Like a upgrade sounds great

2 months later
#6786 4 years ago

Added some art blades yesterday. Although my gotg has some better quality ones these aren't too shabby after all. Had to cut out the holes for the hinge screws but that came out nice.
0EE5518D-35B5-4126-AD49-4B64A5FC67ED (resized).jpeg0EE5518D-35B5-4126-AD49-4B64A5FC67ED (resized).jpeg16188492-6FEE-48F5-B872-A1F8555CD0FB (resized).jpeg16188492-6FEE-48F5-B872-A1F8555CD0FB (resized).jpeg

#6787 4 years ago

Want to replace the stock speakers in the backbox and am wondering which size these are. I guess they are 4" speakers but the mounting holes are a 'convenient' 4.5".

Someone got some insights they can share?

B757CC20-6433-4A75-9876-0CEB68486D98 (resized).jpegB757CC20-6433-4A75-9876-0CEB68486D98 (resized).jpeg71814D71-26A5-45F9-8CF4-C4CFAE73ECBC (resized).jpeg71814D71-26A5-45F9-8CF4-C4CFAE73ECBC (resized).jpeg4FFC94BE-966E-494D-AC3A-C78C68580F1C (resized).jpeg4FFC94BE-966E-494D-AC3A-C78C68580F1C (resized).jpeg
#6798 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

They are considered 4" speakers, but as you can see they have more of what I would call "mounting slots" instead of tight "mounting holes". This can cause some issues when buying other replacement 4" speakers (especially if they have tight, round mounting holes). You may want to keep an eye out for speakers that have the elongated mounting holes like the factory speakers or the more open mounting forks on each corner of the speakers.
Stern used the same mounting size and spacing on all of their games from Data East's Back to the Future - Ghostbusters.....and then decided to go with 2 mounting points (instead of the 4 that everyone else in the world uses) and spaced them differently for some reason.

Thanks for the info. I ended op ordering a set of those:

https://www.lautsprechershop.de/chassis2/tangband-w4-657_en.htm

tangband_w4_657_gross (resized).jpgtangband_w4_657_gross (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HarrieD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=HarrieD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.