IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11097 2 years ago

I thought I would drop in as I am looking for a Munsters Premium or LE. If anyone is looking to part with their Munsters Premium or LE let me know.

Gord

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “I am looking for a Munsters Premium (1st preference is color, but B&W works too) or Munsters LE. I prefer something within 500 miles of the Denver metro area so as to avoid sh...”
2022-03-28
Aurora, CO
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 290 times

#11117 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/130834
This is in your neck of the country and it has the topper! That’s a $3,000 value!

Yes, that looks to be like a really nice Munsters Premium with a topper. If that were a bit closer to Denver I would definitely consider a road trip. It looks like the seller of this particular game will not ship so that doesn't really work for me.

Thanks for the lead though.

Gord

#11118 2 years ago

This has likely been answered already in this thread, but can someone tell me if Munsters LE/Premium is a widebody or a standard body pin?

Thanks.

Gord

#11120 2 years ago

Thanks.

Gord

1 month later
#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Nice Alternative Translite……

I agree with the other positive comments regarding this B/W translite that turns to color when lit up. It captures the spirit of the B/W and color versions of the game and is brilliant.

Gord

2 weeks later
#11220 1 year ago

Is it a common practice for the LE and Premium versions of a Stern pin to have the same MSRP? The reason that I ask is that I see that a Munsters LE and a Munsters Premium both have an MSRP of $8,999 listed on Stern's website.

The LE seems to have a few more goodies as described on Stern's website. The excerpt below is from the description on Stern's website.

'The Premium and Limited Edition models both feature Grandpa’s laboratory, a lower playfield that features 2 mini flippers, 2 ramps, a Grandpa bash target, a digital number display, and a multiball feature. The Premium model features an exclusive black and white custom art package in homage to classic black and white TV.'

'The Limited Edition – only 600 units globally – includes additional unique features such as an exclusive mirrored backglass, anti-reflection pinball glass, shaker motor, exclusive custom art blades, a custom autographed bottom arch, a sequentially numbered plaque, and exclusive custom casket-themed cabinet artwork.'

So with this in mind I was sort of surprised to see that the MSRP was identical for both models.

Gord

#11223 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I have not contacted him as I can bend it back pretty easily. I will eventually have to replace it though. The issue is the same thing that causes the stock one to fall apart. Over time the mid area on the left of the scoop gets deformed. This leads the "wings" to bend inward causing the scoop to reject a lot more often.

This scoop hole might be a good candidate for Kerry Stair (Mantis Amusements) to create one of his hole protectors which actually goes inside the scoop hole.

Gord

1 week later
#11247 1 year ago

Games Played vs Lifetime

Standard Game Audit 16 on my recently acquired Munsters LE contains 'Game Played' and 'Lifetime'. I recently upgraded the software to version 1.21 and the 'Games Played' is 55 and 'Lifetime' is 464.

So I am guessing that updating the software version on newer Sterns does not reset the number of 'Lifetime' games played then. Is this correct?

I just checked my TWD and it only tracks 'Games Played' and does not track 'Lifetime' games played.

Gord

#11252 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Munsters is a SPIKE 2 system, (quite ?) all these pins have that lifetime audit
TWD is a SAM one, as all others SAM pins, no lifetime, that means you can reset all to zero/factory as you want... than shooterlane, scoops, magnets, and some others places on the playfield will tell about the game state
edit : may be i'm wrong about SAM, some pins may already have that, to be confirmed

Thanks for the detailed response.

Gord

#11253 1 year ago

Thanks for confirming.

Gord

#11263 1 year ago

I am going to clean the lower playfield and plexiglass window on my Munsters LE and was wondering what is the simplest way to gain access to the lower playfield (Grandpa's Lab) to inspect the various rubbers and to clean the underside of the plexiglass window and the lower playfield. I have read that some folks remove the plexiglass window from the top side, but it seems that several have also either broken or stripped the screws that secure it to the main playfield and there is also the issue of re-levelling the window when re-installing it.

Others have said to remove the lower playfield from underneath the main playfield is the best and safest method by unscrewing 4 screws that secure it to the upper playfield and then disconnecting 3 electrical connectors. I will also check the owner's manual to see what is recommended, but I wanted to query the Munsters Club members first as many of you have actually already performed this task.

Thanks.

Gord

#11267 1 year ago

Thanks guys for confirming that removing the lower playfield seems to be the consensus. I just removed the lower playfield and cleaned the rubbers, ramps, lower playfield and plexiglass window. It was as simple as removing 4 lock nuts and 3 electrical connections.

The entire process took about 15 minutes from the start to having the lower playfield re-installed. I sort of expected it to be like removing one of the WOZ mini-playfields which are a little bit more of a project to remove and re-install.

Gord

#11281 1 year ago

If I ever get to the point where I either lose one of the 2 miniature pinballs in the lower playfield on my Munsters LE or need to replace one is there a place to pickup a replacment miniature pinball? I don't see them anywhere on Stern's website so I was wondering if any of the usual suspects might carry this small pinball size.

Gord

#11283 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ebay
Ball bearings carbon

Thanks, I tried that search on Ebay and it returns dozens of results. What is the exact size that I would need for the Munsters lower playfield?

Gord

#11287 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

i thinks this is what you are searching for:
https://pu-parts.com/5-8-stewie-pinball
it's a german company, but maybe you can get the details and part-numbers of the site.

Thanks for the link. Based upon that link I was able to get the Stern reference # 260-5002-00 and from that I pulled up the following on the Marco website.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=260-5002-00

Gord

1 month later
#11313 1 year ago

I have a Cliffy protector arriving in a couple of days for my Munsters LE for the Grandpa scoop hole. I found the following post describing how to install it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/220#post-6803492

Has anyone installed the Munsters Cliffy on the Grandpa scoop hole and have any pointers for this process?

Gord

#11320 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

I think it's still the same, remove the plastics.
then remove the two screws that is holding the protector in place.
sometimes the protector is also hold down by the post left to scop and you may need to losen it.
After this i was able to wiggle it over the scop to remove it. And also put likewise the cliffy in. It's not an easy fit, you have to try a little.
But this way you do not need to remove the complete scop.
hope this helps a lot. At first i was very frightend to do it. But if you make picutres while removing the plastics and maybe put them on the side in the way you remove it. You should be good to put everything together.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the excellent response complete with photos. I just finished installing a Cliffy on the grandpa scoop hole on my Munsters LE and your tips proved to be very useful.

Gord

P1020573 (resized).JPGP1020573 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#11349 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

could you maybe try a complete reflash of the sd-card with the sd-card image?
you could try to do write it to a new separate sd-card to not get your original lost and to be on the save side?
did someone else see any problems with update? I can only update next week i think to test it out.

I updated to version 1.22 on my Munsters LE earlier this week and have not had any issues since the update. I don't have a topper so I cannot speak to the topper issue that Jnyvio is having after updating the software.

Gord

1 month later
#11383 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi David,

I just sent you a PM.

Gord

#11389 1 year ago

There is obviously still a very strong demand for Stern Munster's toppers. I know that the game has been archived, but is there any chance that Stern would rerun the toppers for Munsters?

Gord

1 month later
#11434 1 year ago
Quoted from cabal:

from my oppinion addams and munsters do not match theme wise. there are addams lover and munsters lovers, but never heared of people liking both, but this is only my personal oppinion. as a full blooded munsters fan i would never put an addams beside the pin
But i am very interest how others see it
An addams retheme will be interresting and maybe make a lot of peple happy, but i will have to compare to the existing addams and this will be very hard.

Having grown up during that era I am definitely a fan of both original 1960's television series. I previously owned a really nice HEP TAF and eventually sold it. If TAF had been based on the original 1960's television series I likely would have never sold it.

Gord

2 months later
#11562 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Did the last update cause issues with the clock in the topper?

I am running V1.23 on my Munsters LE and the topper works perfectly both at startup and during game play. There was a prior version which had an issue at startup, I believe that V1.22 caused some issues for the topper, but it was fixed in the latest version (V1.23).

LE/PREMIUM V1.23 - SEPTEMBER 12, 2022
=====================================
**** FIXED ****
- Fixed intial Topper timing a few seconds after power up.

Gord

3 weeks later
#11575 1 year ago
Quoted from fhk:

Hello, where can i get this plastic? THX!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The only place I could find with this plastic in stock is Pinball Life in the US. I couldn't find this plastic in stock anywhere in the EU.

https://www.pinballlife.com/the-munsters-prole-herman-plastic.html

Gord

#11584 1 year ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

Whew, that was a fun cash-out... 9 super jackpots with 6x multiplier active. Only missing enlarging ray.
[quoted image]

Very nicely done.

Gord

1 week later
#11594 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The main issue of stretching is so would the images. It distorts the on screens characters disproportionately, when using a 16:9 ratio on film originally shot and edited in a 4:3 ratio. Hence the black bars on 16x9 screens. No way to appropriately get rid of them.

I always prefer to see old television shows or film clips in their original intended aspect ratio otherwise you will get stretch-o-vision or squish-o-vision. There are a few channels on cable and satellite that try to fill a 16 x 9 television screen when an older 4:3 program is running and it looks awful.

Gord

5 months later
#11679 8 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

I've watched some Addams Family episodes and found them pretty funny. How would you compare Munsters to Addams? Same kind of humor?

The 1960's Addams Family television series has very campy horror humor much like the Munsters. I truly wish that TAF was themed after the old television series instead of the 1991 movie.

Gord

4 months later
#11755 4 months ago
Quoted from Jnyvio:

Not sure… But after the update every time i turn the pin off during the end of game music the theme songs audio breaks apart into static until it’s fully off. Before the update it just turned off as normal or there would be a slight pop noise but nothing like what’s happening now.
Anyone else noticing this?

I updated my Munsters LE to version 1.26 and shut it off and then turned it back on and then played a game. After the game ended and while the Munsters theme song was still playing I shut my game off as per normal and it shut down as expected without any additional static.

So to my ears on my game everything is working as it should.

Gord

1 month later
#11787 3 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

The N/C has a significantly thicker lip as compared to Cliffy’s doesn’t it? How does this effect travel in/out?

For comparison purposes here is a photo of a Cliffy installed on my Munsters LE.

Gord

P1020577 (resized).JPGP1020577 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#11829 38 days ago
Quoted from Pinball13:

A few things;
2. Did any Munsters ship with Insider Connect on them?

I purchased my Munsters LE second hand and it has a 02/27/2019 Date of Manufacture. It did not have Insider Connect, however I picked up an IC kit from PBL and installed it and IC works perfectly on it.

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=GRB1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.