pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DustinP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6881 4 years ago

I bought my 1st pin a pre owned Munsters pro here a couple weeks ago. I loved the show growing up (I’m 41) watching the reruns. The game is very fun for me and my wife and we already want to add another title and start a small collection. I have ordered a Stern topper (still not here yet) and am super excited to have it installed. Broke #19 plastic that comes down from Herman during gameplay but see nowhere to buy individual replacements. Looking to get a set of plastic Protectors to keep the other ones from being destroyed!

Since I did not buy this NIB from a distributor I’m not sure if there is any sort of mailing list to be added to for updates, service bulletins,warranty etc.
Is there anything you guys suggest I do being totally green to owning this?

Thanks

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Register your game with Stern...you will get notifications etc
https://sternpinball.com/support/warranty/

Awesome! Thanks!

4 months later
#7953 4 years ago

My Spot hits are not registering.
The long Herman plastic broke away several hundred games ago.
I think a ball possibly touched the solder marks on the optic board and caused a failure somewhere. It was working intermediately and now not at all. I chased wires and everything looks good. Any idea on what parts I need to order or is there something I can do to fix it?

#7964 3 years ago

FYI for the guys that have been holding out for a topper. Classic game rooms on eBay finally has them back in stock and I found them to be the cheapest. $425 + 13.99 shipping. I got one and must say it’s a pretty sweet addition.

#7968 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

hi as C0untDeM0net said you should contact stern. There is a fix for the broken plastic of Herman, this is the plastic and some metal thing that goes under it, that will prevent any future damage to the plastic.
If you do a switch test, is the the opto registering, when you move your hand between the lightbridge?
The optical switch on the side were the Herman Plastic broke should have a little red led glowing if it is working, at least mine does.
#515-0215-01 this should replace the existing #520-6940-01
on mine the cables were cut off when the opto got in contact with the wire rail, i soldered them back on.
i registered that somethig is wrong, when i had spot and it waited for a ball i could register is with shooting at herman. And sometimes the upper playfield just went dark.
but you should get the parts from stern, i guess, as this is and direct failure to the herman part they have a fix for.

I sent an eMail yesterday however I’m not sure if Stern is even working during the pandemic. Thanks for the part# looks like it’s only $10 online I’m just not sure if I need both sides or hopefully not the board? During switch test nothing happens. Visually the opto looks fine there is a tiny red led illuminated so it’s definitely getting power. The left opto on the staircase I can’t see a red LED on but I think it’s hidden by the plastic-if the left side even has it?
I bought this game pre-owned with very few plays on it so I don’t know how much Stern will work with me.

#7969 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It shows that more than 10 are available to sell.
How is your working? Are you getting flawless performance? Any problems or issues?
Thanks

The batch he has is fresh from Stern not old stock so they should have all the revisions. No issues with mine.

#7974 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Dustin - Back up to post 7602, a few of us were discussing this very issue. Also look for my picture of using a zip tie to move the wires in a safer location to avoid the same issue happening again. And check to see if the rail is straight.

Oddly enough my rail is straight.

#7985 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Just thinking over what I have written before.
If the red light is burning and on my machine blocking the lightbridge the light goes out.
From this I would say your sender is ok.
If blocking the light bridge will shut down the little red light, this would indicate the opto in itself is ok, but the signal is not registered. If the red light is burning the opto has power. So at least 2 of the 3 cables are ok. So either the 3. cable not good or the nodebord. Are you good with electronics? Had you a look at both sides of the receiver?

The red light on the board is on and when I block the signal it dims a little.
Unfortunately no I’m not good with electronics-both sides of receiver look good.

#7986 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

as i understand there is a sender and a receiver.
The sender is on the left side of the ramp, that is emmiting IR light. The Right one is the recevier this one has a little red light on it indicating that it is working.
You could check with digital Camera if the sender is emmiting light. Most digitial cameras don't have filters for ir light and you can film or photograph light from IR TV-Remotes and this sender.
I did a photo of the Herman sender, this should tell you if your sender is working or not.
If it is working, maybe it is some allignment errors. The light from the sender is not going into the receiver.
On my system the little red light will go out when something is blocking light to the receiver.[quoted image]

That’s a cool trick. I have an iPhone 8 but it didn’t work.

#7988 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Still shows out of stock at Stern.....?

They may of came and gone? Distributors may of even sold out of their shipments. I would message Classic Game Rooms on eBay to confirm it is still in stock and not a prebook (I found out they don’t specify). He is pretty quick on getting back with answers. I waited months and was getting frustrated he said Stern pushes them to keep taking orders.

#7990 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I just hit the buy in now button. The auction had shown more than 10 available with 3 sold. Now it shows 4 sold.
And I was messaged it was in stock and should arrive by May 4,2020.

Awesome!!!

#8013 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

Then i am sorry, it would get too technical, next steps would be to check connection via a multimeter and check voltage.
But if you are unsure about this this i would wait for Stern Support. But maybe the things you checked will help them to verify the Problem.

I own a DMM just not good with using it. I still have not received an eMail response from Stern but will give it a week or so.

1 week later
#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

I own a DMM just not good with using it. I still have not received an eMail response from Stern but will give it a week or so.

I went ahead and ordered a receiver and emitter for the staircase because they were so cheap ($17 for both). Not sure which one of the 2 were bad so replaced them both and it fixed the issue.

I never did get a reply back from the eMail I sent Stern.

1 month later
#8676 3 years ago

Munsters is my first game and I have enjoyed it. I do wish it was a little deeper now that I have owned it for awhile. Sounds like code may be coming. The theme is so awesome I can hold out. I’m actively looking for another game NOT to replace Munsters but to set beside Munsters.

4 months later
#9206 3 years ago

Being Halloween I too thought it would be the perfect time to surprise drop a new code for Munsters.

4 months later
#9759 3 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Hi, a few questions about the Stern topper, just got mine installed. Is it supposed to tell the time of day when I power on the game? It seems to work when playing a game and spins during Raven multiball. Although on one game when I lost the ball, and the game was over, during Raven MB the clock kept spinning for 30 seconds or so after the game was over. Lastly any way to have the raven talk louder? Didn’t see any specific adjustments in menu.
Thanks!

I have this same issue with my topper on my PRO. I have to turn the game off to get the clock to stop spinning. A code issue perhaps?

8 months later
#10317 2 years ago

Ok so I noticed the premium and LE has lit signs on the ramps where the Pro does not.
Is it possible to buy and add these gems?

1 week later
#10320 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

found a shop in germany seem to have the parts for Premium, but i don't think it will work.
I am not even sure if the cable plugs would fit. And you would need to replace/shut off the lamps on the playfield.
but for completenes:
https://www.kms-handel-shop.de/de/stern-pinball/spielfeldteile/spielfeldplastics/stern-pinball-the-munsters-le-premium-left-ramp-sign-511-1970-24_40468_12303
https://www.kms-handel-shop.de/de/stern-pinball/spielfeldteile/sonstiges/stern-pinball-the-munsters-le-premium-right-ramp-sign-511-1970-29_40469_12304
but again i doubt it will work.

Deng
Yeah that’s a bummer. I could care less about the lower playfield but these would of been a nice feature to add on my Pro.
Thanks

1 month later
#10468 2 years ago

I thought Munsters was and is one of the funnest games anyway. I am excited to update the code! Thanks!!!

1 month later
#10820 2 years ago

Deng.
Went to download 1.2 for pro and it got pulled down as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DustinP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club?tu=DustinP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.