IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
munsters_red (resized).jpg
munsters_purple (resized).jpg

There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 237.
#401 5 years ago

Well like a few others posting here today, I just joined the owners club too. Pick up my Pro version tomorrow.

#402 5 years ago

I've been informed mine is arriving tonight.I've put a about 40 games on it so far but it's hard to give an opinion when everytime I get a multi ball the game tilts from just flipping with more strength than just a finger.

#403 5 years ago

Pinballs.com has an LE available for sale... ask for Mike!! I have decided to go PRO...

#404 5 years ago

Found this image. I think it's bad ass. Need to put this on some black shirts!

F84709DC-EB23-4945-8B16-CF5AA0F16972 (resized).jpegF84709DC-EB23-4945-8B16-CF5AA0F16972 (resized).jpeg
#405 5 years ago

Just sent out my balance on a LE so I guess officially i am in.BOOM
Wavered here and there because of the crazy amount of opinions I personally had never seen anything like it but ultimately i love the theme,the art,all the streaming I’ve seen of it .
A pinsider on here really helped put it over the top with his review of the game.
Also I really believe they will polish and add to this game
I am not out money since I sold a couple to buy it.
I couldn’t be more excited I’ve skipped over so many titles waiting for this game.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Does the deep pockets theory apply here?

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Munsters has landed in cali big thanks to jj at game exchange Colorado
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats. But I would have brought it home in the box.

#408 5 years ago

Almost ordered a sheet of PDI for my LE, then realized it comes with Sterns anti-glare glass......anxious to see (or not see) it, as the reviews have been positive as I recall.

I think the LE is going to be even more stunning in person....and I cannot wait to dive into the lower pf stuff..tomorrow Feb1....calling my rep!!!

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Just sent out my balance on a LE so I guess officially i am in.BOOM
Wavered here and there because of the crazy amount of opinions I personally had never seen anything like it but ultimately i love the theme,the art,all the streaming I’ve seen of it .
A pinsider on here really helped put it over the top with his review of the game.
Also I really believe they will polish and add to this game
I couldn’t be more excited I’ve skipped over so many titles waiting for this game.

Super congrats!! think this one is going to deliver..big time....

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Super congrats!! think this one is going to deliver..big time....

Agree and thank you!

#411 5 years ago

Played for 4 hours tonight with a couple of friends. Great game. Very fun and fast. The two ramp shots are fantastic and the outer loop is smooth. The out lanes are a bitch and love to drain so you may want to put your post all the way down.

20190131_153930 (resized).jpg20190131_153930 (resized).jpg
#412 5 years ago

The outlanes on the one i played didnt seem bad at all. What did you think about the code? Do you think it will be deep enough to satisfy most people?

#413 5 years ago

Here's my take on just 3 or 4 games I had today on my PRO.

Game looks fantastic! ... more vibrant than the online pics. The colors are beautiful.

Feels pretty solid, not on par with my WOZ, but it feels sturdier than a few of the Batman 66's I have played on locations. (Of course, they have probably taken their fair share of beatings being on routes, and Munsters is brand, spankin' new.)

Sound is nice and clear, and I heard a good variety of call outs even in my short time of playing it. The faux Paul Lynde call outs in particular are pretty funny, my wife really liked them.

Ramp shots are super smooth when I hit them, though that's not all the time. My aim is definitely below the Pinside average, I'm sure.

The orbits are "rocket" fast when you hit them just. right. Herman bash toy is a cool.

On a Pro, I don't feel a need to bitch about the Dragula and Lily mono targets, but for Premium and especially LE $$$, I would want some drop targets, at least for Lily. Oh well, you do get that interesting lower playfield, but I don't think I will miss it much on the Pro. If I was loaded, (not drunk, but rolling in cash) I would probably get an LE or a Premium, but I'm not, so I went with the Pro, and honestly, I think for the money it's the best value.

I did not get to Munster Madness, I was close, but didn't get there ... but it definitely feels attainable, even for substandard players like myself. (And, I like that feeling.)

Like some of the reviews I've read, I would agree and say, it's absolutely "fun to flip" ... and I don't mean turning it over in a quick sale.

* One slightly negative parting shot ... when plunging the ball, it doesn't feel smooth. It seems like the ball is affected by a metal insert or even a shooter lane protector of some sort. Maybe it's something I can tweak.

#414 5 years ago

What are people hearing on actual LE delivery dates?

#415 5 years ago

Reading everyone's posts today I am really looking forward to picking up my Pro version tomorrow. I will post some photos when I get it set up. Thanks to those in this thread that responded to my earlier posts, was on the fence between Pro and Premium but chose the Pro after doing a little more research and reading more of the postings and reviews.

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Reading everyone's posts today I am really looking forward to picking up my Pro version tomorrow. I will post some photos when I get it set up. Thanks to those in this thread that responded to my earlier posts, was on the fence between Pro and Premium but chose the Pro after doing a little more research and reading more of the postings and reviews.

What made you pick the Pro over the Premium?

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

There are no bad choices with this game here, all 3 models are great. Congrats on your new game. You are going to love it.

#418 5 years ago

Having tons of fun but for some reason this thing kicks my ass!!!! I'm generally a fairly good player and play lots of tourneys but you wouldn't be able to tell with my scores and ball times.one things for sure I won't be getting bored any time soon.

20190201_015806 (resized).jpg20190201_015806 (resized).jpg
#419 5 years ago

Do any of you new owners see the value in installing a shaker for this model?

#420 5 years ago

Shakers are always a must imo..

#421 5 years ago

Installed a shaker in my munsters, I think it's worth the upgrade.

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

As a player who takes his tilts to the knifes edge, no... shakers are the bane to us edgy nudgers. If it is one thing I can not stand is when I have a machine rolling- multiball! jackpot!... jackpot!... jackpot!... Shaker... Danger... jackpot!... Danger Danger... Shaker... TILT

Now as an operator... “Shake that money-maker, baby!!”

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Always wondered if shaker motors contribute to node board failures in Spike/Spike II games.

Don’t know what shaker motor effects are in Munsters (don’t know if the Pro and Premium I played had them installed), but I think shaker motors are generally over rated and wouldn’t go out of my way to add one to a game that didn’t have one.

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

As a player who takes his tilts to the knifes edge ...

To each his own, but eegads ... why?!

I have active tilt bobs on my games, but I also like to be able to nudge my games as well as enjoy the additional sensation a shaker provides.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

as well as enjoy the additional sensation a shaker provides.

TMI

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Always wondered if shaker motors contribute to node board failures in Spike/Spike II games.
Don’t know what shaker motor effects are in Munsters (don’t know if the Pro and Premium I played had them installed), but I think shaker motors are generally over rated and wouldn’t go out of my way to add one to a game that didn’t have one.

Shaker in my TFTC (1993) no issues as of yet...and I think it adds..IMO

#427 5 years ago

Right, he is asking if the shaker effects the node boards. The node boards are only found in SPIKE games.
btw I love shakers too. I have them in all of my games that support a shaker.

Quoted from ShinyBall:

Shaker in my TFTC (1993) no issues as of yet...and I think it adds..IMO

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Right, he is asking if the shaker effects the node boards. The node boards are only found in SPIKE games.

True..( I shouldn't have compared to spike) but, he also said they were "over rated" I truly believe it does add to the game..especially if a non pinhead comes over, they go whoa!

#429 5 years ago

Well @tuna_delight, my machines didn’t come with a shaker (yet) and I always thought shakers had limited use theme-wise. The first one in a pinball machine that made sense to me was JP, but not sure if that wasn’t the first pin with a shaker, and it just made sense. When an ops puts his tilts on a hair trigger AND he has the shaker enabled, that is when I stop playing his pins on site. I don’t mind shakers if the tilts are generous.

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well tuna_delight, my machines didn’t come with a shaker (yet) and I always thought shakers had limited use theme-wise. The first one in a pinball machine that made sense to me was JP, but not sure if that wasn’t the first pin with a shaker, and it just made sense. When an ops puts his tilts on a hair trigger AND he has the shaker enabled, that is when I stop playing his pins on site. I don’t mind shakers if the tilts are generous.

i have a earthshaker and it was the first pin to have one. i turned it off because it shaked during your whole multiball. i didn't like it

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

i have a earthshaker and it was the first pin to have one. i turned it off because it shaked during your whole multiball. i didn't like it

Of course, Earthshaker is a game where I think a shaker motor would work well with the theme. Maybe I was a bit harsh when I said “over rated”, but I still wouldn’t bother with them in most games. But after reading about how some Spike 2 node 8 and 9 boards fail because of vibration issues, I wouldn’t be in a hurry to put one in a new game.

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Yeah, I played Earthshaker and Checkpoint before JP, but the memories of those shaker experiences were lost to how cool I thought JP implementation was. When I was authoring Visual Pinball tables for PC’s, I was the one who animated the T-Rex and added a “fake” shaker motor sound effect which was just me humming while I held the microphone in my mouth. If you had a subwoofer on your PC it made it rummble and gave you a little piece of the experience. I thought that was the least I could do to honor the original machine.

#433 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Shakers are always a must imo..

Agreed, and come w LE, so surely the machine can handle it...My BM66LE is spike w shaker and does fine

#434 5 years ago

My distro estimated 2-3 weeks for LE's to start showing, fwiw...

#435 5 years ago

Responding back to JFH's question about what drove my final decesion on buying Pro Vs Premium, it came down to two things, watching several more hours of video game play by Jack and the Stern boys of all the versions, and talking with one of my local pinball buddies who has a large home collection and is very knowledgeable on all the new stuff. I was also fortunate to be able to put my eyes on a Pro version at a local location who just got it in two days ago, but not yet out on the floor for use, so for me that was all it took to pull the trigger.

Finally the distributor told me that if I decided to buy a Premium at some point a few months down the road he would take my Pro back and only ding me $200 - $300 bucks. I think that says alot about how this game in general has been received by the community at large as well as perceived market demand. And lastly reading several posts on this thread was part of my overall decesion as I just don't see how buying the Pro version over the others will ever be a bad choice in the end. I will post photos tonight after setup, I am leaving in a gew minutes to go and pick it up. Can't wait to get it home!

#436 5 years ago

1956PINHEAD Congrats on your purchase. Local arcade gets one in about a week. Can’t wait to flip a Premium at TPF.

#437 5 years ago

A shaker seems to work well with a theme where you are shooting down a flying saucer or Romulan spacecraft. I wasn’t sure if it fit the Munsters vibe.

#438 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

1956pinhead Congrats on your purchase. Local arcade gets one in about a week. Can’t wait to flip a Premium at TPF.

You better get on the phone now and cancel that MBR Bubblehead! Munster Madness is running wild and all the cool kids are getting one. Don't be the guy that gets left behind!

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You better get on the phone now and cancel that MBR Bubblehead! Munster Madness is running wild and all the cool kids are getting one. Don't be the guy that gets left behind!

We double dog dare you! All the cool kids are doing it!

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got to flip it first Who-dey, I just can’t pull the trigger without playing a pin.

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I got to flip it first Who-dey, I just can’t pull the trigger without playing a pin.

Im just messing with you. I wouldn't cancel that beauty either if i was you. I would like to have Munsters and MBR side beside to see which one i like the best. I think Munsters will give MB a run for its money!

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im just messing with you

And I know it, but I am going to rag on you and the many benefits of the mini pf on the Premium FoReVeR! “Who-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!” said Dr. Creep

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And I know it, but I am going to rag on you and the many benefits of the mini pf on the Premium FoReVeR! “Who-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!” said Dr. Creep

If Munsters was any more fun with the lower playfield i don't think i could stand it. Im still considering all options but i really loved the pro model that i played the other night.

#444 5 years ago

When updating the code, is there a dip switch setting on the board? When i have the usb in, turn on the game it boots up as normal. Totally bypasses the usb stick..

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

When updating the code, is there a dip switch setting on the board? When i have the usb in, turn on the game it boots up as normal. Totally bypasses the usb stick..

Try a different stick or delete the code on the current stick and try reformatting it. Fat 32

#446 5 years ago

The Munsters is in the game room, played 8 games on it, got to MMadness on the my last game, 5 ball play. First 4 games were short with lots of post and target hits, followed by drains. Started to get the shots dialed in each game there on. Take away is very fun game. Quotes and call outs are great, sound, lighting, graphics, video snippets during game play, and end of game video clips are all great. Only issue from my perspective is that Grampa's scoop is just a tad shallow which tends to allow some shots to leave the scoop even when its hit well. If the scoop were just a tad deeper that might help, but it's not really that big of a deal as most of the shots that left the scoop were rolling pretty fast on the way in. I'm super happy with how it plays and can't wait to power it up again tomorrow, in fact I'm certain it'll get play even on Sunday during the big game.

I also found 3 thumb screws floating in the cabinet near the rear, not sure if a technician left them in the cabinet or they worked their way out during the road trip to the distributor. If anyone knows where these type of screws are used in the game let me know, otherwise I'll take a close look inside the back cabinet and under the playfield.

Gotta give a shout out to Evan at Orange County Pinball, this is my 3rd NIB purchase from him over the past year. He is easy to deal with and has a good inventory, with the exception of Munsters because they are gone the same day they hit the floor. He stated Premiums start shipping end of the month, maybe a bit sooner. So those who are waiting for the Premium model it won't be too much longer.

20190201_130912 (resized).jpg20190201_130912 (resized).jpg20190201_170437 (resized).jpg20190201_170437 (resized).jpg20190201_172236 (resized).jpg20190201_172236 (resized).jpg20190201_181148 (resized).jpg20190201_181148 (resized).jpg20190201_184110 (resized).jpg20190201_184110 (resized).jpg20190201_192946 (resized).jpg20190201_192946 (resized).jpg20190201_193042 (resized).jpg20190201_193042 (resized).jpg
#447 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The Munsters is in the game room, played 8 games on it, got to MMadness on the my last game, 5 ball play. First 4 games were short with lots of post and target hits, followed by drains. Started to get the shots dialed in each game there on. Take away is very fun game. Quotes and call outs are great, sound, lighting, graphics, video snippets during game play, and end of game video clips are all great. Only issue from my perspective is that Grampa's scoop is just a tad shallow which tends to allow some shots to leave the scoop even when its hit well. If the scoop were just a tad deeper that might help, but it's not really that big of a deal as most of the shots that left the scoop were rolling pretty fast on the way in. I'm super happy with how it plays and can't wait to power it up again tomorrow, in fact I'm certain it'll get play even on Sunday during the big game.
I also found 3 thumb screws floating in the cabinet near the rear, not sure if a technician left them in the cabinet or they worked their way out during the road trip to the distributor. If anyone knows where these type of screws are used in the game let me know, otherwise I'll take a close look inside the back cabinet and under the playfield.
Gotta give a shout out to Evan at Orange County Pinball, this is my 3rd NIB purchase from him over the past year. He is easy to deal with and has a good inventory, with the exception of Munsters because they are gone the same day they hit the floor. He stated Premiums start shipping end of the month, maybe a bit sooner. So those who are waiting for the Premium model it won't be too much longer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thumb screws are from coin mechs. Also put that game on 3 ball asap.

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This might not be the ideal game to have 5 ball play!

Just sayin

#449 5 years ago

* One slightly negative parting shot ... when plunging the ball, it doesn't feel smooth. It seems like the ball is affected by a metal insert or even a shooter lane protector of some sort. Maybe it's something I can tweak.

balls hit the wire form ramp that goes over plunger lane from plunger launch or auto launch. you need raise that ramp up with a few washers.
a few have mine all do the same thing.

#450 5 years ago

Oh my Spot is a drain monster. Back handing the left ramp when Spot is up is a 90% SDTM
Also my right outlane must have some kind of a magnet. The ball keeps rolling out all the time.

Well, just PLAY BETTER as someone once said.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/9?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.