IMG_0492 copy (resized).jpeg
IMG_0493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231231_195701051 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240122-094732 (resized).png
IMG_0044 (resized).jpeg
P1020577 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240114_123412762_HDR (resized).jpg
munsters_green (resized).jpg
There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 237.
#4901 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

how did you order?

I ordered one from my boy Zach at Flip N Out pinball. I recommend Zach 100%, hes a great guy and very easy to work with! Give him a call and get yours ordered too! They should be shipping anyday now.

#4902 4 years ago

I guess from what i am hearing, the topper has a cuckoo clock maybe and the Raven comes out and taunts you....during gameplay i am assuming? This topper seems to have some thought put into it and its not just a lit up picture. Probably will be my 2nd favorite topper next to my TWD topper. I dont think we will ever see another topper as good as that one is..

#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess from what i am hearing, the topper has a cuckoo clock maybe and the Raven comes out and taunts you....during gameplay i am assuming? This topper seems to have some thought put into it and its not just a lit up picture. Probably will be my 2nd favorite topper next to my TWD topper. I dont think we will ever see another topper as good as that one is..

If that is true and the cuckoo is interactive I think it will rival the topper on AFMrLE as the best topper of all time for us.

Come on Stern, hurry up and release the topper.

#4904 4 years ago

Does someone have a link to Munsters topper demonstration in action?

#4905 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I haven't seen anything like that at all. I bet its going to be sweet though Thunderbird.

#4906 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Come on Stern, hurry up and release the topper.

From what i am understanding it will be this week or next. I like this game so much that i had to have this topper no matter what.

#4907 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I ordered one from my boy Zach at Flip N Out pinball. I recommend Zach 100%, hes a great guy and very easy to work with! Give him a call and get yours ordered too! They should be shipping anyday now.

I Googled “Munsters pinball tipper”. That led me to EBay.

It is there for $425.00. !!

That’s a lot of jack.

#4908 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That’s a lot of jack.

Yes it is and i hated to pay it but i had to Cotton because this game here is the pride and joy of my collection. I gritted my teeth the whole time i was writing the check.

#4909 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That’s a lot of jack.

after spending what I did on the game,,,, will have to pass..... stick with the car from Bradfords,,,,,

#4910 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

after spending what I did on the game,,,, will have to pass..... stick with the car from Bradfords,,,,,

Well the good thing is it will be for sale for quite some time so theres no hurry to buy in case you change your mind.

#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The Koach from Bradford’s: I sent an email asking why there was no Marilyn. Got a reply from someone with English as second language.

“I’m very sorry. I have sent you email to a higher department.”

I replied, “where it will get lost forever.”

Got a reply from 2nd level. Very apologetic and all that.

But no answer as to why no Marilyn.

Guessing it is a cost issue for Bradford.

#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes it is and i hated to pay it but i had to Cotton because this game here is the pride and joy of my collection. I gritted my teeth the whole time i was writing the check.

I am starting to think that pinball is a big driver for the economy.

STI has be cutting a fat hog shipping pins on the west coast to the east coast and then back again.

#4913 4 years ago

Yes, Marilyn played a very important role as a contrast. Without her, we would have gotten used to the Munsters and their look, but she was there to provide important contrast and keep it humans versus monsters. Wish they had her on the topper too, but she is all over the table, so no worries. If the topper is interactive, with taunting from the raven, that will be awesome!

#4914 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I think this is all we have at the moment:

https://www.facebook.com/KanedaPinballPodcast/videos/2225990024334729?sfns=mo

#4915 4 years ago

Got tired of staring at Herman’s illuminated chest, so I cut a small rubber in half and wedged it between the light and the bracket. Worked like a charm. Now only his face is illuminated. Looks weird in the picture but great in person.

Might try and bend the bracket next time I have it disassembled, but this works great for now!
FC4C9141-86A1-4DFB-B10C-D5EE6C3BB2FC (resized).jpegFC4C9141-86A1-4DFB-B10C-D5EE6C3BB2FC (resized).jpeg8D04E4B2-B184-4DDA-9491-3236DA44BBDC (resized).jpeg8D04E4B2-B184-4DDA-9491-3236DA44BBDC (resized).jpeg

#4916 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

wanted a Kitty mod because the shot is such an important part of the game. So I found a cat toy figure that I wanted on Amazon. Hand painted it black and put it on the plastic right above the Kitty target but it sat too low. I made a pedestal on the 3D printer and hand painted it to match the Premium. Then sprayed the kitty and pedestal in Matte Clear for protection and used 3M tape to set it above the target. I had my daughters help me paint a few more and made pedestals for both the Premium and brown colored ones for the Pro and LE. PM me if you'd like one... $30.

Love it. Perfect size and fit. You guys did a great job.

C1CD8CA6-AA1E-4521-AD6B-82E93B83DAE2 (resized).jpegC1CD8CA6-AA1E-4521-AD6B-82E93B83DAE2 (resized).jpeg
#4917 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Got tired of staring at Herman’s illuminated chest, so I cut a small rubber in half and wedged it between the light and the bracket. Worked like a charm. Now only his face is illuminated. Looks weird in the picture but great in person.
Might try and bend the bracket next time I have it disassembled, but this works great for now!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks pretty good to me. I’m going to give that a try.

EDIT: Actually, that lighting sort of makes Herman look like Frankenstein.

#4918 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Love it. Perfect size and fit. You guys did a great job.[quoted image]

It does not work there if you have the mod couple's pop bumper eye ball cap.
I'm going to see about making a bracket for it, well see.
Magicchiz

#4919 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Let me know what you do. I have mod Couple’s eyeball.

What if the base is 3D printed more narrow at bottom, but top stays same size?

If that would work, what size would the bottom need to shrink to?

#4920 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

I have the same eye ball cap in my pin and I was able to fit the cat on mine. The sticky tape on the bottom secures it pretty well, even though the front lip of the base the cat sits on sticks out a little bit over the plastic. I tested various ball shots around the pop bumpers, cat target and nearby ramp (including Herman) and it never interfered with ball movement. I really like the mod and he shipped it fast.

#4921 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I have the same eye ball cap in my pin and I was able to fit the cat on mine. The sticky tape on the bottom secures it pretty well, even though the front lip of the base the cat sits on sticks out a little bit over the plastic. I tested various ball shots around the pop bumpers, cat target and nearby ramp (including Herman) and it never interfered with ball movement. I really like the mod and he shipped it fast.

Cool

Can you post a few pictures ?

#4922 4 years ago

Damn. I've got pretty much all mods there is for my Pro (except Modcouples because USPS lost the package). Guess I'll have to get the new Kitty as well (got Mezelmods right now).

#4923 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cool
Can you post a few pictures ?

Yep. At work now but I'll post a pic once I get home.

#4924 4 years ago

Pics as requested. The 2nd pic shows all of the mods I got for the Pro from The Mod Couple and Mezel Mods, along with the art blades from Stern.

2FD679BB-B82E-4EA7-A566-970F1CC1F053 (resized).jpeg2FD679BB-B82E-4EA7-A566-970F1CC1F053 (resized).jpegDB227CC3-5FAC-413C-A76F-FCBC683B9F67 (resized).jpegDB227CC3-5FAC-413C-A76F-FCBC683B9F67 (resized).jpeg
#4925 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Pics as requested. The 2nd pic shows all of the mods I got for the Pro from The Mod Couple and Mezel Mods, along with the art blades from Stern.[quoted image][quoted image]

I see you angled him. I am trying to get him to sit straight like the original post.
Not sure if I like him angled.
Magicchiz

#4926 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Love it. Perfect size and fit. You guys did a great job.[quoted image]

I saw there are several Pinsiders that have the Mod Couple Pop Bumper Eye and are requesting a small notch on the pedestal so the cat fits perfect. I should have this notched pedestal ready later today. I will post pics...

#4927 4 years ago

On a related note, I’ve never really understood the eyeball bumper plastic. Is it supposed to represent something in Grandpa‘s laboratory? I don’t remember a jar of eyeballs among all the ingredients and potions. I’ve always been confused by that piece of art and don’t think it really fits the game.

No biggie of course but curious as to what you guys think!

#4930 4 years ago

Yes they just added the topper to the stern website today!

#4931 4 years ago

Nice but man thats a pricy cookoo-clock!

#4932 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Nice but man thats a pricy cookoo-clock!

"Cuckoo Clock with spinning hour hand and raven head that pops out during game play to taunt the player and announce different modes."

And they want $425 + tax and shipping but don't even have a video showing what it actually does?

#4933 4 years ago

And where’s the black & white version?

#4934 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

And where’s the black & white version?

That's a good question. That topper will not a match a B & W Premium at all.

#4935 4 years ago

Why no Marilyn ?

#4936 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

"Cuckoo Clock with spinning hour hand and raven head that pops out during game play to taunt the player and announce different modes."
And they want $425 + tax and shipping but don't even have a video showing what it actually does?

Is the code integrated , complete yet for this topper? Might want to wait and see the integration. I will be for the price.

#4937 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

"And they want $425 + tax and shipping but don't even have a video showing what it actually does?

Yup. Pretty dumb.

Kaneda has a video on his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/KanedaPinballPodcast/videos/2225990024334729/

#4938 4 years ago

Hoooooly shit, what a bunch of negative Nancy's we have around here people.....chill out! I got my topper today and it is absolutely beautiful. I was so excited to be the first one to post a topper pic but as luck would have it, my topper has an issue with the Raven door.

I worked on it and worked on it diligently because i wanted to be the first one to post pics of it lit up and stuff but it just wasnt meant to be i guess. Im going to have to get a new topper sent to me unfortunately looks like. The good news is though its beautiful, it matches the black and white Premium in my opinion and its interactive with the game. Anyone who ordered this topper is going to be very happy.

I guess im still technically the first person to post a Munsters topper pic so eat your heart out guys!
20190710_182933 (resized).jpg20190710_182933 (resized).jpg

#4939 4 years ago

I'll be ordering soon

#4940 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hoooooly shit, what a bunch of negative Nancy's we have around here people.....chill out! I got my topper today and it is absolutely beautiful. I was so excited to be the first one to post a topper pic but as luck would have it, my topper has an issue with the Raven door.
I worked on it and worked on it diligently because i wanted to be the first one to post pics of it lit up and stuff but it just wasnt meant to be i guess. Im going to have to get a new topper sent to me unfortunately. The good news is though its beautiful, it matches the black and white Premium in my opinion and its interactive with the game. Anyone who ordered this topper is going to be very happy.
I guess im still technically the first person to post a Munsters topper pic so eat your heart out guys!
[quoted image]

On the translite....Herman looks quite amused by that lady he is looking at on is transparent handheld TV.

#4941 4 years ago

I'm in the market for a NIB machine, and have narrowed it down to MUNSTERS (B&W premium) and METALLICA (Pro) - I don't like the hammer in the Premium and not much else about the premium interests me.

I'm looking for some opinions from folks who have owned/played them both.

I realize I'd save a few grand on the MET pro, but MUNSTERS is obviously the newest machine around, and I love the B&W art, and the shots! (the lower playfield is cool as well) I'm NOT really a big "deep code" guy, I just play for fun and enjoy shots, sounds, lights, etc!

I've played them both and like them both and realize that it's a "personal choice" but let me know if you know of reasons to buy one over the other. For example, I imagine that it would be easier to trade/resell MET if I wanted to switch up in a few years?

I realize that if I posted this in a general forum, most Pinsiders might laugh at this question but hopefully nobody in here does.

And if this has already been asked/covered, please send me a link to the discussion. Thanks!

#4942 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I worked on it and worked on it diligently because i wanted to be the first one to post pics of it lit up and stuff but it just wasnt meant to be i guess. Im going to have to get a new topper sent to me unfortunately looks like. The good news is though its beautiful, it matches the black and white Premium in my opinion and its interactive with the game. Anyone who ordered this topper is going to be very happy.
[quoted image]

What was the issue? I ordered one and want to make sure I don't have the same issue when mine comes.
Magicchiz

#4943 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

Awesome!... Thanks for sharing.

We have one ordered too.

#4944 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm in the market for a NIB machine, and have narrowed it down to MUNSTERS (B&W premium) and METALLICA (Pro) - I don't like the hammer in the Premium and not much else about the premium interests me.
I realize I'd save a few grand on the MET pro, but MUNSTERS is obviously the newest machine around, and I love the B&W art, and the shots! (the lower playfield is cool as well) I'm NOT really a big "deep code" guy, I just play for fun and enjoy shots, sounds, lights, etc!
I've played them both and like them both and realize that it's a "personal choice" but let me know if you know of reasons to buy one over the other. For example, I imagine that it would be easier to trade/resell MET if I wanted to switch up in a few years?
I realize that if I posted this in a general forum, most Pinsiders might laugh at this question but hopefully nobody in here does.
And if this has already been asked/covered, please send me a link to the discussion. Thanks!

While MET is a good game too, it doesn’t hold a candle to Munsters. Munsters is an all a-rounder and think it will actually be easier to sell in the future, since it is more family oriented away from just being a music pin. Certainly, Munsters will get more code, but that is not your concern, from what you’ve said anyway.

Stern is going all out on an evergreen title like Munsters with more elaborate topper and it should have more code in the years to come, since it is so new and should have more updates (not to be judged by GB, just because the programmer is the same - this is about time being given by Stern - dollars speak and they will listen).

#4945 4 years ago

I placed the topper in my cart on Stern’s web site. $456 with tax and freight for me. Ouch!!

It’s a must have for me though. It’s the icing on the cake but what expensive icing!

#4946 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

it should have more code in the years to come, since it is so new and should have more updates (not to be judged by GB, just because the programmer is the same - this is about time being given by Stern - dollars speak and they will listen).

One can only hope there will be more code added, but this finalized version concept at 1.0 came from the programmer himself. That is what has many folks on the fence about purchasing one and probably influenced the few who had already sold their units guessing that it is what it is at 1.0 now.

#4947 4 years ago

I have played the Metallica pin in real life and on a vpin. I just don't enjoy it much. Very similar shots to munsters for sure so in that respect they are a good comparison. I'm not a huge fan of the band but I walked away on my second ball when playing at a barcade. Just didn't care to continue when there were more fun pins nearby. I also don't care for tales of arabian nights and walked away from that as well. I know a lot of people.love that pin but just was bored. I like games like monster bash, medieval madness, TAF, things like that.

I've had my munsters for a month and I love it. I also love a number of 70s em machines so complexity is not something I look for. Take that for what it is worth...

Today I managed to stack 5 jackpots and the intensity when I had a 6x playfield modifier and kept missing that f'ing Dracula until I drained was intense. Never did make it but knew I was close...

I'm not the best but in a month I average probably 40 mil and my gc score is around 190 mil. I love chasing the jackpots and the ease of multiball is what draws everyone to it that comes over. Easy to get into and hard to master. I've not managed Munster madness 2 yet and I only get the first.one from time to time. It's going to take me a while to master this pin and I'm loving it.

From a newbie...

#4948 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

On the translite....Herman looks quite amused by that lady he is looking at on is transparent handheld TV.

Lol good catch! Its a good thing i didn't have porn on the TV isnt it?

#4949 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

99% of the people would tell you to go with MET i am sure if it but since you're not a person who is big on code depth, maybe a Munsters is for you possibly. The two games are pretty comparable shot wise i think.

Your question is a tough one for sure considering your view on code. I believe that MET definitely would be the easier game to sell down the road because its an instant sell. I would say go play them both and see which one you like the best if thats an option for you and if its not i would probably tell you to get whichever theme that you like the best. They are both great games and i don't see myself selling either game because i like them both a lot.

#4950 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

What was the issue? I ordered one and want to make sure I don't have the same issue when mine comes.
Magicchiz

Not sure just yet. Im going to look into it again here in a bit. The Raven door doesn't want to shut which i believe to be a mechanical issue but i am also hearing a motor running or a coil energized or something that i dont believe should be on....but i really dont know either. My clock is also not spinning either and i think it should be. I wish that i could see a video of one so i could see how its suppose to work exactly. Im sure yours will be ok, just a fluke that i got a bad one probably. Thats my luck pretty much with anything that i buy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 11,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/99?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.